All ScreenPal Reviews

Buyer beware!!

Benn

Retail, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Capture and record your screen in a fast way

This app is useful for people who study or who work constantly on a PC, with screencast I can sort all the screenshots and save it in the cloud, this way it is not saved on my hard drive, and it is more orderly to find them, it also has the option to share them on the main social networks such as Facebook and Instagram. Screen o matic is a lightweight software and its interface is intuitive, it has a basic menu and is not loaded with many options that can confuse you.

PROS

it is excellent for making videos tutorial, I like that I can capture images of my screen and record everything I am doing, this is useful when you want to show someone on your team a procedure, it saves you time explaining over and over again, with screencast o matic you record them and share them with a link. I like how easy is to edit the videos created with its desktop version, in addition to video I use it to make screenshots, it is one of the few apps that I have tried that works for both PC, Android and iPhone, it is quite practical since in addition to doing screenshots I can edit the images, crop, or add text to them.

CONS

So far it has worked fine, and I have nothing against it.

Reasons for switching to ScreenPal

screencast o matic has a better interface

Andre

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Explosive Video creation

I am quite satisfied

PROS

ease of usage was extremely pleasant and I could do it over and over

CONS

editing is somewhat difficult sometimes particularly to gaue the cut off points

Reason for choosing ScreenPal

easy to use and work with. plus storage is good along with pricing

Lloyd

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Reviewed September 2023

Price has gone up nearly 500% Ridiculous

Since screenpal have taken over it has been hit-and-miss. When it works it is fine. I use it to review work and mostly screen recording. The thing that really has annoyed me is the price increase of nearly 500% I have been using the app for years but I wont pay 500% more per year for it.

PROS

It is simple and easy to use and the editing is fast and intuitive.The instant link function is great

CONS

The new app keeps crashing and locking up, losing the work I have just done. The app won't minimise half the time.

Hi Lloyd, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience with our software, and I'd like to make sure we help you resolve these issues. I understand that you are on legacy pricing. We've greatly expanded our feature set over the years and believe our pricing is still very affordable given the value of our product, but I can understand that it's challenging to compare pricing from many years ago to our new plans today. My teammate has already reached out to you, and I hope we're able to resolve the issues you're experiencing with the app as soon as possible. Please contact us at support@screenpal.com if we can help you with anything else - thank you! - Rebecca at ScreenPal

Replied September 2023

Cara

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Powerful video tool & proficient customer support

PROS

Screenpal helps our business create quick customized videos all the way to scripted tutorials with voiceovers. We use this tool daily for videos, tutorials, and screenshots. The customer support team was outstanding in resolving my concerns about Stories. They were patient, straight to the point, efficient, and resourceful! Thanks for thinking out of the box and taking time to listen to my concern and find me a solution!

CONS

The only difficulty I have had is with duplicating 'Story' videos...which i would like to include the script, individual videos, and edits.

Kris

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed January 2023

Highly intuitive and easy to use screen recording platform.

The platform is incredibly easy to use, very intuitive, and ideal for novices as well as those who are more familiar with screen recorders.

PROS

The price to upgrade and use the system's full array of features is quite modest and definitely worth it as the platform is incredibly easy to use.

CONS

The platform does not offer an option for a one-off payment for lifetime use of the product. Instead, if a user wants to benefit from the more advanced features that go beyond the free package, they will need to be an annual subscription.

Reason for choosing ScreenPal

Screencast-O-Matic seemed to be a more versatile and reliable product.

Kazumi

Reviewed December 2022

Great screen recorder!

I use it to screen record my teaching videos. I love the ease of it and it didn’t take me long to learn how to use it. You can save or upload an unlimited amount of videos, which is generous, especially for people who need to keep lots of videos.

PROS

The Zoom integration is very handy since I share videos with my students. You can edit Zoom recordings inside the Screencast-o-matic editor if you would like and upload it to the platform. I can set the expiration date for each video when I share with my students. Once you set it, you can forget about it, which is so convenient. When large sized videos are uploaded, the file size will automatically become smaller. It is good because I want Zoom recordings to be smaller in size. You can also hide your published date when you don’t want to share it with people.I also like the Screencast-o-matic editing software. I’m amazed how much you can do with it. If you have a green screen, you can easily remove the green background and add a different one. I was able to remove the green background nicely, so my lecture recordings look professional with my slides as my background. The subscription is not so expensive. I think it is a great deal when you purchase it at the end of November when the sale is going on.

CONS

When you want to keep videos that have high definition quality on the platform , I’m not sure how to do that. Video file size will be shrunk each time I try. I haven’t found how to do that yet.

Eugene

Reviewed April 2024

ScreenPal: A Simple Solution to Your Complex Challenge!

Much like when it was ScreenCast-O-Matic, ScreenPal is easy to use, reliable, and has enough versatility to keep me fro switching anytime soon!

PROS

Ease of use AND reliability are the top two things I like most about ScreenPal over other similar products.

CONS

The annual subscription seems to continue to rise and I have yet to see a break for educators or those who also use it for teaching classes and courses.

Nancy

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2021

Favourite Screenrecoder

Overall a robust value for money tool I use for video recording and screenwalkthroughs

PROS

I'v tried a few options, like Loom, Camtasia, SnagIt but eventuially settled for Screencastomatic because of the ease of use and short learning curve

CONS

It would be perfect if it had an optimised Greenscreen option. The current one doesn't work.

Reason for choosing ScreenPal

Value for money, ease of use!

Arik

Reviewed October 2023

ScreenPal

PROS

Simplicity in basic features. Very user- friendly interface

CONS

1.While recording the video it's difficult to find where to truncate since the time line is very dense. Takes a long time to find.2. No feature of improving sound quality such as equalizer or cutting out noises.

Simplicity

Neel Kamal

Graphic Design, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed November 2021

My go to screen recording software

I'm quite satisfied with the software and it does the job of screen recording very well.

PROS

The intuitive and minimal interface is very good for creating good quality screen recordings with it. It also offers royalty free music and stock images and videos to juice up your productions.

CONS

The editing capabilities are limited. A multi track or multilayer editor will be much helpful.

Due to lower cost.

Steven

Investment Management, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2023

Afford Fortune

I love Screen Pal, since the day I started using its services as from 2012. Video editing made easy with Screen Pals great product, helped me add daily video to my You Tube channel. Screen Pal is one awesome Video Editing platform.

PROS

Easy to use, with plenty of tools for making creative videos

CONS

And option to rotate the whole screen and perhaps a tool to be able to download existing videos from You Tube.

10,000+ employees

Reviewed December 2020

Screencast-O-Matic review by amateur QA

Very satisfied, hope to see more from Screencast-O-Matic in the future and that it will get more tools for editing, so I can further enhance my recordings.

PROS

Screencast-O-Matic is good Software, with whose use I was able to quickly record and edit some ( mainly ) short videos of encountered issues on Web Sites for one QA platform. Editing was very fair, nice, easy and fast as well and I was able to provide videos of high quality for my employer, who was very satisfied with the end result. I do hope that makers of this Software will continue their good work and even further upgrade it with some new options ( for further editing for instance ).

CONS

At the moment i do not have any negative thoughts about this product, as it was very good for my daily use and has provided me with the best result imaginable in that area of work.

Eduardo

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2023

My review of ScreenPal

It is very good. I started using the product many years ago (when it was Screencastomatic and have not left since.

PROS

E-learning: The ease with which I can create videos to train colleagues, present e-learning courses, provide useful guidance, introduce material, and the like. Personal: The ease with which I can create family videos uploading video files and / or photos. Adding music: I like the music offered by Screenpal.

CONS

I have not come across something I do not like.

Reasons for switching to ScreenPal

I found Screencastomatic to be a better product. The same applies for ScreenPal.

Stephen

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Disappointing

Terrible.

PROS

The application is very buggy and crashes all my pcs.

CONS

I was a user of Screencastomatic (the previous Brand) for 6 years. see below what they wrote next to my profile "You have been a member for 2244 days and have 810 videos and 0 images! Whoa!"In 6 years, Screencastomatic was very reliable. It never caused any issue on any of my computer.Recently they changed the name to Screenpal.Since then, the app keeps crashing my PCs. The app is unusable. It says that I failed to download the latest version but Nothing on my end seems to indicate that.Whomever bought the company screwed it up very fast.All they needed to do was to leave it alone. This is really a case of: If it ain't broke don't fix it.I am curretly looking for another solution.

Eric

Accounting, 1 employee

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed July 2021

Lots of features for a low price

Overall, I've had nothing but positive experiences with this software. The price is affordable if you need the added premium features, but the quality is the same even on the free version!

PROS

You can go from download to recording in only a few minutes--there isn't a complex setup. Recording is quick and easy to do and the ability to store videos locally or online is great. The paid version is very affordable for anyone who needs the added features.

CONS

Some people would say that the lack of built-in editing features is a negative but that's not what you're paying for. Honestly, there really isn't much that I don't like about the program.

Antonio

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2023

A great tool

I have tried several tools and this is the best considering price, features and ease of use.

PROS

The learning curve is short, intuitive product with many features.

CONS

Sometimes when I upload content to YouTube, the video recording is not of good quality.

Suzanne

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2022

Video Editing made Easy!

Excellent customer service and helped me so efficiently with a pricing query.

PROS

They’ve thought about all the features you might require to create great videos. Having the ability to add in music background and high quality photos is great for my content as a yoga teacher.

CONS

I’ve created my own in PowerPoint but I’d love to see Cue Card availability. When I first started using this I got very confused about the uploading video facility so I’d recommend you watch the very helpful tutorials or you record directly into the system.

Purvi

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2022

One of the best apps for screen recording and capturing the screenshots

PROS

Very easy to install the app and capture videos and screenshots. It allows to edit the videos and provide shareable link. As a QA engineer, I can easily record the videos of the bugs and issues and share it with developers and team members.

CONS

Can be improved further for storing the recordings.

Monica