Browse VideoPad Reviews

Elena from Freelance

Home studio with VideoPad

It is a video editor functioning across multiple platforms and used for creating high-quality videos. The software is appropriate for both start-ups and experienced users in the field. It will facilitate you through the entire process- from selecting files to exporting your videos. You might use different formats (.3GP, AVI, WMV), or the most popular one- MP4. You may edit the files on your PC, YouTube channel, Vimeo, or choose another location, such as Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive. Also, you can create DVDs and 3D video files or adapt the clips to a specific phone/tablet.

Pros

The interface is intuitive. All the main tools are at the top of the screen, grouped in 7 tabs with large icons. The starting point is the Media Library, where you drag your files (Video/Audio/Images). You can record a video, audio, narration, voiceover; then add visual or sound effects, soundtracks, texts and subtitles. The Suite tab provides various options (graphic animation, image slide show, file conversion). You might even compose your own music to the video (the Crescendo icon). The most impactful feature is the timeline where video and audio tracks snap together. After dragging the file from the Media Bin, they appear on it automatically, and you can work on them with ease.

Cons

It might require time to explore all the features of the product. Putting it into practice will be easier for users having experience with making videos or prior knowledge in acoustics to process the audios. Otherwise, you can use the Quick Start Guide and Video Tutorials to get familiar with the software functionality. They are free and workable; only the phone support is paid.

JAZE from PoohdingWear

Industry: Architecture & Planning

VideoPad Breakdown

I can make quick music videos with it. My niece has been nagging me to show her how to get into video editing for her YouTube channel and she feels as though this is the software that she is most comfortable with.

Pros

I can edit videos in 3D which brings a new dynamic to your project if you're not used to that. I also found the video stabilization function to be of utmost importance and I'm sure a lot of you aspiring video editors out there will feel the same way too.

Cons

The green screen effect was not as easy to find as I would have wanted it to be. As a matter of fact, I didn't even know the software was capable of that until I stumbled upon it while randomly pressing buttons. So all in all I would like for that feature to be made obvious and easier to set up.

Reasons for Choosing VideoPad

From what I could gather, a lot of people told me for some reason to steer clear of it. So I did.

Can't Recommend. Read the Fine Print. It is *really* a 6 mos subscription.

We were able to quickly catch on but discovered the quality of videos we produced were very low quality.

Pros

Was able to learn quickly and sort out features.

Cons

Purchase is valid and updated for 6 mos. After 6 mos, updates will be applied and your "license" code will be invalid. You can re-install your purchase version IF you kept your original download. License codes are not transferable between multiple computers that you own or if you get a new computer. Videos recorded at 5000kbps lose 90% of their bitrate upon exporting.

Reasons for Choosing VideoPad

Seemed less expensive. Turns out to be 50x more expensive with all the re-do work that is required.

Movavi crashed regularly.

Response from NCH Software

Replied February 2021

Hi, For this issue: "Videos recorded at 5000kbps lose 90% of their bitrate upon exporting." It would be best answered by our technical support team. Please contact them here - - https://www.nch.com.au/support.html Sorry for the inconvenience.

Supun from University of Jaffna

VideoPad - Simple Video Editor

VideoPad is simple video editing software. This is not a professional video editor. But we can use this software to edit a simple video. Many transitions and video effects are included in VideoPad and we can use them to create a nice video as our wish. Both free version and paid version of VideoPad is available. If you are a beginner to video editing you can use free version and practice. We can make a good video using the free version also. VideoPad is a great tool for the beginners in video editing field and they can learn lot of things from this software because it is very simple to use.

Pros

VideoPad has a simple user interface and it is easy to use. NCH team has released two versions of this software. One version can be used for free. We can use the free version to try the software. This is a great opportunity for users because they can buy the software if they are satisfied with the features of the software. This software comes with many visual effects. I really like this software because of the simplicity. We do not need to follow any course to learn VideoPad. I learn it through using the software itself. This software supports many common video formats such as avi, mpeg, wmv, divX, Xvid, mp4, mov, vob etc. After finishing the edit we can directly burn it to a DVD or we can upload it to the YouTube through the software. No need to do the burning or uploading process separately.

Cons

We cannot output the video in mp4 format if we use the free version of the software. It is the major disadvantage of the free version. Because mp4 is the most common video format that supports most of the video players, this is a big drawback to VideoPad. But we can output mp4 video if we purchase the software. VideoPad is not suitable for professional video editors. Here we have only a limited amount of visual effects. VideoPad takes much time to render a video. Therefore we have to wait long time to get the final video output after editing the video.

Jim Paul from Department of Education

VideoPad for Easy and Convenient Video Editing

I would give this software 3.5 out out of 5 stars because despite its basic features, it still stands out as a convenient tool that doesn't require much effort learning its buttons. The interface is so user-friendly and is a top-of-the-line application among video-editing tools. It's not that pricey, that's why anyone can just afford it. And if you're lucky, you might be able to buy a premium version at a discounted price. For a classroom teacher like me, I don't need high-end software other than a basic video-editing app like this. It works best for me because I'm able to accomplish much (creating video lessons for my classes) with less effort. It's super time-saver! Quality videos created with efficiency-- all thanks to VideoPad!

Pros

I like the easy-to-use features of VideoPad software because I find them convenient for newbies like me. In fact, it didn't take long for me to get the hang of the buttons because they are just plain and simple. The app is classic and is super user-friendly! Also, there is pretty much a wide array of downloadables to choose from ranging from background templates, audios, transitions to font styles, stickers, and other effects. I also love the fact that the software allows users to update its system once in a while until a certain period of time where the user must purchase it again. By the way, I did avail the product at a discounted price, which makes this software really amazing.

Cons

For all the good things the VideoPad software has, unfortunately, it also comes with some disadvantages, one of which is its limitations when it comes to its effects and other elements. The functions of the tools are just plain basic, that if in case one wonders going technical or advanced in its video presentation, this application is not the one I would recommend. However, I could suggest that for optimum utilization, this can just be used as an easy-to-use software to complement other products out in the market, because this app also has other features that some tools don't have.

Jayla from Jayla Austin Graphic Design

App Is Amazing for Beginners!

This app was helpful for YouTube videos until I had issues with rendering the video. Back when I used it it reminded me of early 2000's movie makers. Not bad over all but just didn't work out for me.

Pros

I really enjoyed this app! Easy to use, Free no water marks, easy to use. When you have the feature to render it comes out in ok quality. I love the most that its free and easy to use. I'm not the hugest fan of this app but I would recommend it for school projects or quick slide shows. The app si very useful for starters.

Cons

The program doesn't render videos after a while, less features than I hoped to have like in the transition effects.

Reasons for Switching to VideoPad

The program is very similar to Video Pad only, you can render without limitations. the app was also another app with no water marks but no free trail, you can just go and use it.

Swapnil from Splashgain Technology Solutions Pvt Ltd.

Cost effective tool to edit, merge, split your videos with ease

Very cost effective tool and easy to use for video preparations

Pros

Good feature of sound amplify. If you have recorded some video with low sound volume and want to amplify it then this tool has great feature to do it and it is very useful. I am able to amplify sound of videos with ease. It is easy to add subtitles to video. I am able to define videos targeted with subtitles shown in the video itself instead of SRT file

Cons

limitedsupport for animated videos or videos with special effects. Text to speed conversion is not 100% accurate and there would be errors in text generated from speech

Response from NCH Software

Replied December 2019

Hello there, Thank you for your feedback. We offer free video tutorials that will allow you a deeper understanding of our basic features and tools including help with animated films. You can view those tutorials here: https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/tutorial.html#animation -NCH Software Team

Aaron from Victory Baptist Church

Great tool for basic video

It is good for what I need it for. From time to time I do a short film for our church or a music video. It is easy for a novice to learn and to use without being overwhelmed by all the features a more robust software may have.

Pros

I like that the software is pretty easy to use and has enough features to make an effective video presentation.

Cons

The software takes a bit of time to be able to see a full preview of the video, at times it feels a little clunky in that department and can get frustrating when you are trying to finish a longer video.

Sanjay from Sanshuk

Videopad Review

Ignoring one or two shortcomings, it is still my favorite software for video editing for the last 6 years.

Pros

You have to study many editing softwares first, but the interface of Videopad is so simple that you create videos from day one and there is a lot of fun in working with Videopad.

Cons

Text effects are not too many on this software and When you type multiple subtitles in a video, the font or position you hold for one subtitle gets applied to all subtitles.

Joe from Advisr Enterprises

Underrated yet still very powerful

7/10

Pros

-Can use templates for ease of use -Updates have improved over the years -Can do green screen, voiceover, and many pro techniques -Basic tasks are easy (cut, transition, add text)

Cons

-Not intuitive -Lots of manual processes that take many steps -Intimidating for beginners -caching sometimes is an issue

An economic alternative to iMovie

Overall I'd recommend and has recommended this software to a lot of people, friends and family , to be specific, at least 8 people use this software because of me. I have made video gifts for the loved ones , and that too at very short notice period, takes less than half hour to make incredible birthday video gifts ,all for non-profit purpose, only thing i gained is love and respect of family and friends.

Pros

I absolutely adore this software, i have several reasons for that , it is also the first video editing software i used. I have been using this software from last 6 years now, and for 5 years it remained my primary video editing software. I downloaded it in 2012 because all other software were asking for money (and i am not rich, from a developing country), and this one was free so i downloaded it and the first thing i noticed is the ease of use, i was literally able to do the required tasks without any prior experience or even the tutorials, its so easy to use. 2nd thing i like the the precision it offers when you have to stop or cut at a particular instant, it really allows you to do that and mix several clips. 3rd feature i use the most is clip speed, i make several kitchen videos in which quick action is required and the customization of variable speed, allows me to make videos more presentable and rich. 4th feature i use is text to speech, i use it in my videos, it helps me keep my identity anonymous and get my message across the somewhat dangerous political spectrum in my country. 5th feature that i love a lot is i can export videos in 720p .mp4 format easily, 6th feature that i learned only this year is using green screen, yes it allows you to change your background image/video and this really amazed my friends a lot. I have made birthday video gifts, cooking videos, edited movies for myself, made short video clips, edited music, its a complete package.

Cons

there really aren't many cons, except one or two , you'll have to really go nitpicking for them to showup first and biggest one is the speed, the time it takes to load a video is less but processing the video takes eons of time, especially if its in HD or full HD. The main reason i shifted from videopad, is the processing speed, be it exporting a HD video or processing it for slow or fast motion, it takes a lot of time while other software does that, atleast the processing part, in split seconds. the second one is lack of beautiful fonts on text slides, they are just plain boring or uninteresting, I have to go to extra lengths to create slides in powerpoint and then use those screenshot images in video, to avoid the built in text slide in software. third and final one is the ease of using it fades away in video effect, every time i had to go under the tab video effect, like picture in picture or green screen, first i had to take a video tutorial and then the shifting of images was also not as easy as the rest of software is. you have to consider a lot of parameters.

Heidi from New Synapse

Much More Functional Than Similar Priced Software

I really like VideoPad. After struggling with other similar software I find it a huge relief to use their interface. When I create Intros, I go to other software to do that and bring it into VideoPad. But that's the only thing I create elsewhere. Much more robust and a lot easier to use than Wondershare Filmora.

Pros

I love that it's possible to create multiple video and audio tracks all layered. Wondershare Filmora does not allow this (!). It's also possible to drag the tracks right and left on the timeline. Wondershare Filmora, for example, does not allow this either which makes it very challenging to do anything complex. So Videopad supports complex videos with many layers, which is what I always end up creating. This software was the easiest video software for me to learn to use. The user interface is generally intuitive. It has a lot of different kinds of transitions - definitely adequate for anything I plan to do It has a lot of adjustment tools - ways to adjust the video color etc. - for the price.

Cons

It doesn't have as good intros as other software (Filmora Wondershare and Typito have way better intros) Once a transition vanished from my video and even with emailing Help I couldn't ever future out a way to fix it. I had to do that part of the video in another program ultimately which was super inconvenient. But this is the only time that ever happened. Ever since transitions have always stayed. The Help responses were slow and none of them helped. But at least people are there and do answer at least part of the time.

Syed from Allied Global Marketing

‘VideoPad is a dynamic and user-friendly tool’

As I mentioned, I like to use Video Pad and this is more purposeful than similar priced produced. So, my overall experience with VideoPad is very good.

Pros

I am using VideoPad for a long time and I totally enjoy it when I work with it. Video editing became an interesting job for me. Because this tool allows you to choose a different video format. So that you can make the perfect videos for YouTube which increases the possibility of more view of the video. I would say this is a great advantage of using this tool. To edit 360 videos with VideoPad is super easy. I like to be creative with my videos and export those in a different format is a great option for me.

Cons

I wish if they could have more features and functions. Sometimes, I also observed to export different videos is a slow process. However, I think it’s a helpful tool and cost-effective.

Response from NCH Software

Replied September 2020

Hi there, thanks so much for your thoughtful and detailed review. This is incredibly helpful. We wanted to let you know we've taken the good and the bad elements you've mentioned in your review to heart. -NCH Software Team

Charles from Management Consulting

Fit my purposes perfectly. Not too high end or ridiculous learning curve, my 1st video in 10 minute

Pros

I wasn't looking for an extreme high end video production platform with endless hours of instructions for features I'll probably never use. Just wanted something that was basic but high enough quality for youtube and presentations, straightforward, easy and intuitive to use. VideoPad seems to fit that purpose perfectly. Already have the NCH WavePad and MixPad audio recording & mixing platforms, so was familiar with interface, and wanted to as easily as possible merge my video and audio files together, quick and easy. Very reasonably priced for what it is. Haven't tried the tech support yet, but haven't had a need to.

Cons

Pros: Very easy and intuitive interface. Without even reading any instructions, just started right in with an 8 minute long AVI video file, and a WAV audio file. In less than 10 minutes, had this edited together and posted up to YouTube. Cons: At the moment, there might be some hidden cons in there, but at least for my basic purposes, have had no troubles yet.

Reasons for Choosing VideoPad

With the other editors I tried, it seemed like too many clunky menu mazes and hoops to jump through just to get a basic video edited and posted to youtube. For the relatively small cost of VideoPad, it seemed much quicker and easier to get the basic process going. I can add some text, and maybe scene merging effects, but not much interested in beyond that. This seems to be the ideal fit for that purpose.

MICHAEL from Personal Business

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Smallest Video Editing Software I know

Brilliant software. Simple to use and takes very little of my PC's storage and RAM.

Pros

Most of video editing software or even audio editing software take up a lot of storage and ram. Not VideoPad. It's very small but can perform a lot of video editing functions. With this software, I can remove parts of the video that I don't want thus my video Ads are nice and clear. The fact that there's even an Android app for it makes it even more attractive

Cons

Since I started using this software, I have not had any problems that I can report here. NCH is doing a great job.

A must have for editing any video

VideoPad helps in day to day video editing needs. Its quick, extremely easy to learn, yet robust and immensely powerful in what it does. VideoPad is an extremely stable software. It is a must have for those who want to edit their videos without diving deep into technicalities of video editing.

Pros

The best thing about VideoPad is that anybody can edit a video with this software right out of the box. VideoPad is so easy and intuitive to use and the learning curve is almost nil. So if you want to edit video in the blink of an eye, then this is the software. Plus it has several handy tools to edit your video like a pro.

Cons

All though one can edit videos of any sort with this program but VideoPad is not intended for movie making, thus lacks a lot of features that one would expect from a professional film editing software. So if anyone is looking for a software to edit films or movies then this is not the option.

Response from NCH Software

Replied December 2019

Hello there, thank you for your feedback. In our efforts to enhance our products, are there any specific features you would like our team to add in future versions?: Kindly share your suggestions directly with our Development Team here: https://www.nch.com.au/suggestions/index.html -NCH Software Team

Santiago from Free-lance

It's worth every dollar

Easy to use, this program allows you to open almost any audio and video extension in the market. You can use its free version but it convinces you a lot, but it pays to pay a license for a work tool as good as this one. Others in the market worry about great visual details in the interface, but NCH reaches a balance that does not suffer your computer working or your patience.

Pros

What I like most is the simplicity that it offers to work with any video and audio. They offer you a platform of multiple resources for your video project. I have used it with complete satisfaction. Its use is not complicated, if you are looking for a good option and do not want to spend much this software is perfect with you. It is not as expensive as other options in the market, and it offers you, export in formats that others do not. I am very satisfied.

Cons

They should improve the details of the user interface, not bad, but it can be better. I like that it does not demand so many resources from the teams.

Crystal from Natural Strength Health Coaching

Almost lost me, got me back

Overall I use this to create testimonial videos. I like that it is affordable with tons of features, and most of all, when I was having issues with the last upgrade, customer service fixed it for me in under 10 minutes. I thought it wouldn't be worth the hassle and was considering buying another kind of software, but it was so easy to fix the issue.

Pros

I'm a novice, but I like that after a bit of learning, I could use it creatively with more options than I really needed

Cons

I feel like it is more on me as a novice user, but it take a long time to edit video!

Response from NCH Software

Replied August 2020

Hi there, Thank you very much for your balanced and fair review. We are glad that you are happy with VideoPad. We've taken your thoughts to heart and we will continue to make improvements on our next releases based on your recommendations. -NCH Software Team

Michael Ugo from Alzworks Group Ltd

Video Pad

The overall view of Video Pad is completely satisfactory, very simple , affordable but delivers high quality audio visual output.

Pros

It is very simple but very effective to use with a high quality HD Audio / Video output. Also, the video and audio channel offers multiple layers, enabling video editor to add different visuals and adjust differs audios. It comes with additional audio wave pad mixer enabling a perfect audio transitions and videos transitions cuts .

Cons

I consider they should work on improving the 3D effects because some of the effects are little outdated.

Response from NCH Software

Replied December 2019

Hello Michael, Thank you for your feedback. In our efforts to enhance our products, we thank all of our user's feedback. Kindly suggest any tools or effects you think can enhance our program here: https://www.nch.com.au/suggestions/index.html -NCH Software Team

It gets the job done, with lots of bells and whistles

Pros

I like how easy it is to export video in different formats from VideoPad. I also like how easy it is to pull clips from larger videos. I use it weekly to pull clips from long-form videos to create more bite-sized content for use on social. It was also very easy to train other users to do the same task.

Cons

The interface is a little basic looking. It reminds me of the old winamp. The features and functionality are huge, but the UI skin looks dated. This doesn't really bother me though, as I don't need shiny distractions when I'm trying to get some basic tasks done!

C Peter from Guitar Technical Services UK

Industry: Music

Has Problems and Poor Support Knowledge

Poor, frustrating and not straight forwards as an ex iMovies user.

Pros

That it would load onto Windows 10 and be used without problems

Cons

It might be ok for simple video but with loading a video, removing the sound and adding voice over together with jpeg inserts the program becomes buggy and has a will of its own. Wondershare was useless for loading to my Win10 - I was hopeful with this program but it is buggy. My 6 minute video took a week to make - no help from support with preview windows, they didn't say about hidden options. So my 6 minute video ended up with a burn video of 2.5 hours of which most of it was black screen. This was reduced down to 1.5 hours when I found that the program had moved sound and image file 1 hour further on! I reported this and their Bug Support sent details for upload but using their information that didn't work to allow me to send the BUGGY file - tried to reply but its one of those don't-reply. Not helpful

Because it would run on Win 10

Reasons for Switching to VideoPad

iMovies was being corrupted due to lack of Apple support

Ben from THS

Perfect easy to use software

Great, I needed something to be able to finish off editing a video and this was the perfect option. Likely to buy premuim version

Pros

Being completely free its the perfect option to be able to do video editing, paid versions with watermarks immediately push people away from the software however videopad does not have that problem

Cons

UI may seem a bit outdated to some so could do with some redesigning however it has all the functionality you need

Response from NCH Software

Replied December 2019

Hello Ben, Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate your feedback, If you would like you can suggest any tools or effects that might make our UI better. Kindly suggest your ideas here: https://www.nch.com.au/suggestions/index.html -NHC Software Team

Alberto from Dell EMC

Interesting but something to improve

Possibilities to import ififerent format of files

Pros

A full set of features to edit, cut, merge etc. videos; intuitive and with a fairly comprehensive set of possibilities.

Cons

Registering and paying process cumbersome; moreover, I could not port my licence to the new PC when I changed my old one.

Response from NCH Software

Replied December 2019

Hi Alberto, Our Registration Support Team will be happy to re-send your registration code and installation file to the software you previously purchased. You can contact our Registration Support Team here: http://www.nch.com.au/support/regcontact.html You can find need further assitance on how to register your products here: https://www.nch.com.au/kb/10053.html -NCH Software Team

Jacqueline from Mercantil Seguros

With VideoPad i can edit videos easily and they look great.

I'm learning a lot about the video editing

Pros

This is a super cool tool, because it is easy to use, which makes it ideal for beginning editors like me, but also has a number of options for the editions look professional. It is ideal for editing home videos, it is also ideal to upload videos to social networks directly.

Cons

The free version does not have the ability to export socially if it has the paid version, so if you want to test how you can publish your videos directly on social networks you have to buy the paid version.

Response from NCH Software

Replied December 2019

Hello there, We are very sorry to hear you had this experience with our software.Some functions in our app do require an upgrade to the full version, however many features are completely free forever. We appreciate your feedback, our support team is always available if you have any further issues or concerns here: https://www.nch.com.au/support/supportcontact.html?software=VideoPad -NCH Software Team

Gonzalo from Freelance

Lighter than others but as powerful

Great for homemade movies and a bit more, quite robust for its simplicity I would recommend it for everyone that need a cost-effective, simple and easy to use with a not so steep learning curve. Recommended.

Pros

VideoPad has been my choice to cut, quickly edit and create simple, home-made films for over a year now. I love how simple is the interface, it reminds me a bit to the good old MovieMaker but way more feature-rich and able to cope with something more than a few pictures and text. I love that I can layout my videos on layers, something that the big players on the market have (being the heaviest and most expensive) but the simplest don't. As soon as I opened VideoPad I was welcomed with a nice and simple hybrid: easy to use but yet powerful enough to have layers, speed adjust and export into multiple formats easily.

Cons

There is not much to dislike, what I do remember is that even if I got the non-commercial license it keeps asking me to verify I am using it for non-profit only.

Missaka from M studio

VideoPad video edit Review software

I am a Sound engineer.mostly i create a flute covers track while my free time .after compose it ,i want create a video for my Flute cover.then i mostly use this software for create my video.i can edit it easily.and export it of specific format.

Pros

Mostly i like this software,It is most user friendly,It can edit our video with basic editing tools easily.It can create photo slideshow, support mostly popular video formats including MP4, AVI, MOV, MKV, MPG/MPEG, WMV, etc.and It can edit audios use basic editing tools.(Trim the length, change audio pitch, adjust volume)

Cons

Some time i met export problems and import problems.

George Stuart from Advance Financial Solutions Ltd

Video manipyoulation

Fantastic Software which will allow you to generate video and associated audio, whether that be narration or music. Transition effects between clips, subtitle, captioning. It is a very capable software. Try the free trial and more than likley you will pick up the full version

Pros

Relatively easy to get into and use without referring to much to the online guide. Very intuitive software. allows easy manipulation of video and sound

Cons

Because of all the features the main work screen can seem a little daunting at first. But dont let that put you off. Refer to the online manual and you will be able to achieve very professional results

Rogger from SENASA

Industry: Food Production

My first video editor

This software helped me develop an image-based video of agroindustrial products that I used in a research at the university and in a few months I will publish a scientific article about this.

Pros

I like this video editor because it is very easy to use for beginners like me and there are many tutorials online to learn how to edit in this software

Cons

I think they should add some additional editing tools to make the videos look more professional also the obtainde videos should be less heavy.

Yanelly from Festejos car- yan

VideoPad is a software to edit videos for those users who are new to the subject.

Pros

The world of video editing is not an easy subject to manage, so it is necessary to have software that not only allows a great job, but also is easy to use and adapts to the little experience of the beginners. in this matter, allowing us to explore more about the edition of videos and be able to evolve and then manipulate more complex programs, that is the great advantage of VideoPad.

Cons

VideoPad offers good alternatives for editing videos because it has several tools that facilitate work, thus achieving a great job. However, for those who are looking for an even more professional editing job, VideoPad may fall short, despite this, I recommend 100%, particularly it has worked brilliantly and I have achieved great results.

Osanda from SLIIT

Simple video editing software

Pros

I think this is the most simple video editing software I ever had used. -This is very easy to use -This is very user-friendly using Videopad for beginners, You do not need to be professional video editors. You can start from using the simple tools what ever you want. And finally you can see a better video without any problems.

Cons

This is not excellent for professional video editors. Because videopad has limited functions and tools.

Katie from Superpet Services

Steep learning curve

Pros

the final product looks as good as you make it

Cons

Steep learning curve if you're new to editing. Sound problems

Response from NCH Software

Replied December 2019

Hi Katie, Thank you for your feedback. We offer free video tutorial on VideoPad's basic tools and effects that can help ease your learning curve. You can find those here: https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/tutorial.html If you have any questions, our Support Team is always ready to help you here: https://www.nch.com.au/support/supportcontact.html?software=VideoPad -NCH Software Team

My own view

I am using it to create videos for my YouTube channel, mostly creative common videos. I use it to edit the videos to my desired choice before I upload it to my YouTube channel. So far so good, it has really being helpful and useful to me in so many ways.

Pros

I Like the aspect of it allowing users to join multiple videos together, e.g two or more videos.

Cons

It's not easy saving edited video in mp4 format.

Response from NCH Software

Replied December 2019

Hello there, thank you for contacting us. We offer free video tutorials that will show you how to perform VideoPad's tasks including saving your videos to an MP4 format. You can find these here: https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/tutorial.html#mp4 If you have any further questions or concerns, our Support team will be more than happy to help you here: https://www.nch.com.au/support/supportcontact.html?software=VideoPad -NCH Software Team

Kim from VUC

When it works - it's awesome

Pros

It's very easy to use and learn. It's has fine possibilities as a editor.

Cons

When the company come with a new version ($40 one more time) the SAVE files starting to corrupt and the old version stops working and crashing. First time I thought of it as a coincidence, second time... Today I lost 20 hours of work and I guess my students just have to wait 20 hours for a new version and I have to go all nighter.

Response from NCH Software

Replied May 2020

Hello Kim, We apologize for the frustrations this may have caused. When editing, did you experience an error message? Our Support Team would love to hear from you. They are always available to help you here: https://www.nch.com.au/support/index.html -NCH Software Team

Harry from Signature Real Estate Broker

A bit tough to use but fantastic otherwise

Pros

VideoPad is one of the best softwares out there for editing videos. I've been just so pleased with their editing and cropping tools. They're incredibly precise and easy to use.

Cons

I don't really like the user interface all that much. It bothers me from time to time as it is just too cluttered.

Response from NCH Software

Replied December 2019

Hello Harry, We appreciate your feedback. In our efforts to enhance our products, we would like your feedback. Kindly suggest any suggestions you may have directly with our Development Team here: http://www.nch.com.au/suggestions/index.html -NCH Software Team

Savannah from WNYO 88.9 FM

Industry: Broadcast Media

Good Video Editor to Get You Started

Pros

I used this video software to begin editing YouTube content and it worked pretty well. Even the free trial for noncommercial purposes gave me a lot of options and was not too hard to use.

Cons

My only problem with software like this is that when you do not know all of the more in-depth features, you can't use the software to the best of its capabilities. If you spend time with it, you can definitely use all of the more advanced features, but otherwise, it probably will be hard for anyone to just pick up and use.

Response from NCH Software

Replied December 2019

Hello Savannah, Thank you for your interest in NCH Software. We offer free video tutorials that display a handful of VideoPad's tools and features. You can check those out here: https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/tutorial.html#interface If you have any further questions, our Support Team is always ready to help here: https://www.nch.com.au/support/supportcontact.html?software=VideoPad - NCH Software Team

Lacey from Willydog USA

Industry: Restaurants

Great Editing, For A Great Price

Great, easy, and professional looking editing.

Pros

It allows terrific video and sound editing, along with green screen capabilities.

Cons

There isn't too much I would say that I don't like about the software. It could be a bit more user friendly, but otherwise, great quality.

Grato from Somos Viaje

Is a very easy to use, practical and functional editor

Pros

With videoPad you do not need to be a professional in editing, it is practical, functional and intuitive. I not only use it to edit video, I can also edit an audio file and change its format

Cons

It is an excellent editor but with basic and limited functionalities. If what you want is to do simple jobs, it is a great option

Rahul from Truebil

Definitely recommending it

Pros

I'll definitely recommend it to anyone who'd like to easily edit their videos. I'm using it in combination with Debut and it's just super simple. All the assistance is available online. They're very minutely crafted.

Cons

No, nothing that I found while using this platform

Benjamin from West Florida Baptist Church

Great Replacement for Windows Moviemaker

Pros

If you liked the simplicity of Windows movie maker, then you're going to like this software. For users who grew accustomed to the windows version, this will be easy to use.

Cons

Like Windows Movie Maker had it's drawbacks, so does this software. The sometimes frustrating nature of navigating clips and the lack of some advanced features make this not the choice for advanced users.

Response from NCH Software

Replied December 2019

Hello Benjamin, In our efforts to better our products, Is there anything, in particular, we could improve? We would greatly appreciate your feedback as we are always looking to improve. You can share your suggestions directly with our Development Team here: http://www.nch.com.au/suggestions/index.html -NCH Software Team

Edward from MT MARKETING C.A

A multifunctional tool very easy to use

Pros

I not only use it for video editing, but also for recording and editing audio. It is a very useful and easy to use tool, you do not need to be an expert.

Cons

The interface gives the impression of being an obsolete software and it really is not. They should add more video transitions

Maria from MT Marketing

Industry: Program Development

Very easy to use. You do not need to be a professional

Pros

I can easily locate the video scenes in the editions I do and all the effects offered by the editor, all thanks to the good distribution of its graphic board.

Cons

It is a somewhat limited program. If you want to make simple editions, this program is correct.

Erik from MT Public Web

Quality results and easy to use

Pros

It has been very easy for me to edit my videos with this program, I get fast results and good quality. Does not affect the performance of the computer

Cons

Although it is easy to use, it has basic functions, for videos of low demand it is a very good program.

Videopad

I used this when I had my video-making projects in college. I also used this in makng my siblings' projects as well. I even recommended this to my friends because it is easy to use than the other softwares. Thanks!

Pros

What I like most is the feature that allows me to add subtitles, music and cut unwanted scene.

Cons

What i like the least is the adding of text and pictures since I am not that pro in using this software. So, I should really keep on using this. And I still like this

Response from NCH Software

Replied December 2019

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. We offer free video tutorials, that can show you in detail how to add text to your videos. You can find our tutorials here: https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/tutorial.html If you have any further questions, our Support team is always ready to help you here: https://www.nch.com.au/support/supportcontact.html?software=VideoPad -NCH Software Team

Francis Carolina from elbrunchshow.wordpress.com

Simple and functional video editor

Easy to use. It is economical, to be a paid video editor. Compatible with a variety of video formats. Being easy to use, you can save time, which you can expend to other projects.

Pros

It's easy to use, which is important if like you are an amateur in video editing. The interface is very intuitive despite this in English which is not my native language. It is a lightweight program and does not require an overly powerful computer. It is compatible with many video formats.

Cons

I consider that this software is more oriented to make amateur videos, tutorials or even simple videos for youtube. If you are looking for professional software to edit short films or audiovisual material for film and television, this tool is not for you. This tool is not so precise to cover, from frame to frame, the details that may have an error of origin at the time of recording. The effects library is not wide and clean compared to other professional software.

Shari from My One

Industry: Broadcast Media

Perfect software for your intro to professional video editing!

Overall, 9/10 for me, little to no kinks or issues, it gets the job done, and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to launch their career in video editing!

Pros

I love that it is easy to navigate. It was perfect for showing me and my colleagues the ropes of video editing. Has most of the features that any other editing software would have, did not feel as if I was missing our in any way.

Cons

I don't think there is much to dislike at all. I'm actually excited to see how the design of the software evolves overtime, that's the only thing I can say that I wish was better.

Amanda from Mommy Hustla

Awesome

I go to this app to edit all my videos and slide shows that I upload onto YouTube

Pros

I really love this video editing software. I’m pretty picky about editing programs and I keep coming back to this software

Cons

It’s just a free trial, I think companies should give people a example of the paid version for at least a month

Jess from Jess's Pc Repair and Webdesign

VideoPad is Excellent Video Editing Software

Pros

VideoPad is easy to use and has all the tools you need to get your video ready for the web, or simply ready to view. You can easily add music, take away sound, add sound, add credits, and much more. Drop and drag clips and put them the order you like. Create a video or a rolling storyboard. Create your video in differnt resolutions. Export your video straight from VideoPad to YouTube.

Cons

Importing a video can be tricky depending on the format used. Other than that I have found no issues and am highly satisfied with this software.

Marcos from Teachlr

Nice video editing tool for publishing videos to social media

Pros

We tested this editing tool in the office and we were satisfied. It is a simple editor, which makes it easy to learn and use. You can edit many types and formats and especially export in about 15 different formats. It is particularly useful for social networks because of the different export settings that it has for networks, as well as very modern and attractive transitions and effects. It really has all the features of a basic program, but also includes advanced features such as some 3D editing, 360º video, masking and closed captions.

Cons

There are few things not to like ... I would have to say that the user interface is not very cute or attractive, although it works ... We would also like to see more possibilities in editing and mixing sound.

Response from NCH Software

Replied December 2019

Hello Marcos, Thank you for your feedback. Our latest interface features a dark mode feature. We would like to hear your feedback on it. You can download the latest version of VideoPad here: https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/index.html We look forward to hearing from you -NCH Software Team

Timothy from Bob Hamilton Plumbing

Love this software

I love this product. I began with 0 knowledge and over the last 9 months have created approx 25 videos based on safety that we have disseminated to our entire company.

Pros

I learned how to create and edit safety videos for my entire company!

Cons

For some reason the built in sounds won't download for me to use frequently.

Elliot Osazuwa from Towel Petroleum and Logistics

Industry: Oil & Energy

Videopad solved my subtitling Problem

Subtitling a video has become a thing of joy to me as a video editor because of this software

Pros

With NCH Video Pad adding subtitles to your Videos is very easy and can be done in such a little time and it is very easy to understand, unlike other video editing software. Also Video pads ability to recover unsaved projects is also spot on

Cons

What I have noticed about this videopad video editor is that the video effects and transitions are really poor and need to be improved on