Browse Vyond Reviews

Deborah from Unisys

Industry: Information Services

Vyond for your Presentations

Pros

I LOVE using Vyond. It allows me to create videos easily and quickly. I can animate on-screen characters easily and the software allows me to use a text-to-screen dialog that will animate the characters so it looks like the characters are speaking. In addition, support is great - I ask a question and get answers quickly.

Cons

Not being able to start a small scene in the middle as I create the video (that consists of a number of scenes). Being able to do so would allow me to adjust the dialog and animation a bit easier (no need to go through each scene again and again to adjust something towards the end).

Laura from Sun Life

Expensive but Good (and Getting Better!)

All of that being said, we needed to get out some informative, appealing videos out quickly for a project, and Vyond definitely allowed me to do that, with a reasonable learning curve.

Pros

Some aspects of it are pretty easy to use -- if you design for the tool, it's easy to use; if you design for what you want and then try to use the tool to realize your design, it can be quite a bit trickier. I like that there's a decent built-in library of characters and actions and that the characters will appear to speak according to the audio. I did find it much easier to use, and more powerful, than our prior tool, VideoScribe (but it's also more than six times as expensive). My internal customers have been very happy with what I and others were able to create in Vyond and the whiteboard style videos were especially easy to create and publish. I also really like that Vyond has been enhancing their product...there was something that I was really wishing they had (motion pathing) when I was creating my videos last year and I've seen announcements that they've added that functionality since then. (I haven't used Vyond since the end of last year, since I've had other projects to deal with.)

Cons

The biggest con is probably the cost...it's expensive for this kind of product. I also dislike that it's subscription based...I prefer apps that you purchase up front (maybe paying a bit extra for a maintenance contract to allow for upgrades). In terms of functionality, one problem is that you can't make a single video file with more than ~100 scenes (if you're using one of the non-whiteboard styles) or you'll start having problems with previewing it. You have to break it into two separate videos (which isn't easy) and then knit the published mp4 files together to make it back into one video. Given this, the product should include a little video splitter/joiner utility (instead of directing folks to use a piece of freeware, which my company won't allow us to do). I also have a laundry list of improvements that Vyond could make to their product to make it even better....for example, it desperately need visibility toggles - can't get it to stop selecting stuff I don't want when working with other stuff that's near it and it also really needs to give the user some way to see layers - can't easily move things to the right layer when there are a ton of objects in the scene. There are also no views of characters from the back -- you can sometimes "fake" this, but it's not easy with all characters/character positions. There's also no way to lock an object in position (like the bookshelves I put on the wall in the scene). I have a bunch of other suggestions, but you get the gist.

Reasons for Switching to Vyond

Videoscribe was difficult to use in real-life applications.... While it was easy to create a "fake" demo video (like I did to sell my manager on buying it), when trying to realize my real video designs, I found it way too difficult and limiting to use. It also comes with a very limited number of assets and can only "draw" certain kinds of imported SVG images (and I don't really create or get stuff that's SVG).

Timothy from Self Employed

This experience was VYOND frustrating!

I wholly regret the decision of purchasing this software. The extreme lack of common, everyday items for props and character animations you find yourself needing, the bugs and poor customer service make it a thoroughly disappointing experience. After spending hours trying to make a two-minute video with realistic actions and props, you find yourself forced to be creative just to cope with the lack of what you assumed would be standard. If I could do it all over again, I would have tried different software.

Pros

This software has a lot of templates that can help you create videos quickly without starting from scratch. It seems to be well-suited for beginners to create very simple videos.

Cons

Let's start by talking about the bugs. Several times a day I encounter "video cannot be played" errors when trying to preview the changes I make while editing. Also several times I've been kicked out and told I need to log in again while in the middle of editing a video I had been working on for over an hour. When this happens, I lose all the progress I've made since my last save, which tends to be significant. I contacted customer support who told me "this is fairly common" and I needed to clear my cache, clear my cookies, AND restart my PC. I asked if they could extend my subscription or offer any form of compensation to make up for the lost time. They said they "can't" do anything of the sort. So aside from the software bugs and poor customer service, let's dive into the problems with the features. At first glance, it almost seems like they have too many props, character action animations, and so forth. But once you begin to create videos with any level of detail or natural actions, you'll notice just how frustratingly limited it really is. Say you want to create a scene where a character walks through a door. You'll find just two door props that have an open and close animation, but no static props of a matching door staying open. Nor will you find a wall prop to go with that door. Want your character to order a drink in a bar? There's no animation for walking while holding a drink. I've run into dozens of similar limitations of things that should be commonplace.

Response from GoAnimate

Replied January 2020

I'm sorry you've been frustrated with our product. Are you a subscriber, or was this during your free-trial period? I've shared your feedback about the doors and drink holding. Please feel free to send us more feedback: community@vyond.com. Vyond's product features do include auto-save and version history. Like other SaaS products, our product requires you are on a stable internet connection.

Wide variety of applications for a wide range of skill levels

My first Vyond projects were change management prior to a big software implementation with a training push. The animations were engaging and could be sent out in microlearning sized chunks of 1-2 minutes of information about the new product. I've also used it to show scenarios before and after a new process or procedure, but my favorite is using it to provide animations to explain a concrete concept in a conceptual way before digging into detailed skills.

Pros

This software has many more built-in templates than similar products, and includes lip-sync and camera movement options that create a polished look. It's easy to start, although users with more practice will be able to create more engaging storytelling and learning events. I also like the options for purchasing for a short period of time, if needed.

Cons

It's expensive for a freelancer like myself to own a license at all times. I tend to get it for a quarter at a time on an as-needed basis.

Reasons for Choosing Vyond

Flexibility, particularly for storytelling with built-in template options, music, and camera movement - more options than other products.

Response from Vyond

Replied April 2021

Thank you for your review. Please feel free to share feedback with us anytime at community@vyond.com.

Amy from UnitedLex

Industry: Law Practice

Simple tool adds so much value

Our course engagement has increased among our learners, and surveys are showing a great response to eLearnings that include Vyond videos. I've greatly enjoyed using Vyond over the years. It's one of the best tools in my training toolbox.

Pros

The ability to show a concept to my learners in such a way that is engaging, and helps people who learn best with video.

Cons

A format painter would be great, especially for customizing templates.

Reasons for Switching to Vyond

Ease of use with Vyond and the quality/aesthetic of the product is much better than Toonly

Response from Vyond

Replied April 2021

Thank you for your review and feedback, Amy. Please feel free to connect or share feedback with us anytime at community@vyond.com.

Erin from Edmunds GovTech

Vyond Makes Animation Easy!

It's been great! My company asked if I could create animated explainer videos for them (which I've hadn't done before) but once I found this software, it was a no brainer. I've been able to create professional, clean animated videos to highlight and promote our products.

Pros

The range of flexibility you have to make customizations, the ease of use, the library full of characters, props, templates, etc.

Cons

Sometimes you need to be creative and think outside of the box to execute the animation you want - this may involve outside programs.

Reasons for Choosing Vyond

The customization options and the resource library

Response from Vyond

Replied April 2021

Thank you for your review, Erin. What kinds of backgrounds, props, poses, or actions can we add to make your work easier? Please feel free to share with us at community@vyond.com.

Quality Customization with Small Learning Curve

Pros

I love the level of control over interactions and how easy it is to tweak animations to match just about any requirement that comes up with an e-learning script. Even for new users, the time it takes to get started is pretty minimal.

Cons

I wish there was a way to import your own character assets in order to further customize the videos. While there are a ton of options to make your own characters, being able to add your own models would make it easier to align to internal branding.

Reasons for Choosing Vyond

The cost and level of customizability. Cheaper options were too limited in what they allowed you to do.

Sue from Astellas

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Fun Product to Use

I use this to create fun, engaging communications. I love the support that I receive from Vyond. I'm currently taking a free 8-week training from Vyond on how to create better stories. What a class-act organization.

Pros

This is a fun product - both from my perspective as an Instructional Designer and from the aspect of being able to engage my end users. I can take a simple message and my users are so much more likely to click the link and view the message. There are so many options and it is fairly easy to use. Vyond has a lot of great resources to get you started but to also keep you learning.

Cons

I actually have nothing that I don't like about the software.

Reasons for Switching to Vyond

The company I work for uses Vyond but I must say, Vyond is easier than VideoScribe and the end results are so much better.

Response from Vyond

Replied April 2021

Thank you for your review, Sue. We'd love to hear from you, especially about props, actions, or character features you would like us to add. Please feel free to connect with us anytime at community@vyond.com.

Clint from KPMG

Vyond - the software for quick and fun videos

I love this tool - I can't see us using any other animation software.

Pros

I like the variety of templates that are included in the software. I also love the props, stock images and royalty-free music that is included. The software is easy to use, although it takes a while to truly master - like any software I suppose!

Cons

Being network/internet based, there can be a delay in adding or editing scenes. I've also experienced delays when trying to render videos.

Reasons for Choosing Vyond

Vyond offers bigger libraries of templates, stock images and music.

Response from Vyond

Replied April 2021

Thank you for your review and feedback, Clint. Please feel free to connect or share feedback with us anytime at community@vyond.com.

Anthony from A J Ross

Industry: Animation

Not the best, not the worst

I found this slow to learn and get the hang of, but for other first time users experience it might be different. It has a similar template setup as most other video editing platforms like Adobe Flash or After Effects, so I think it will be easy for most people with 2D animation experience.

Pros

With this platform you can create animated videos in whiteboard as well as motion animation. It provides great quality and because it is a cloud-based tool you can work remotely in a team. To save time animating a character, it has a library of programed actions to select and apply to your character like talking on a phone. The graphics provide a family friendly feature for business.

Cons

It comes in extremely over priced versions and you have to rely on the internet's connection as this is an SaaS platform. It has a default added in logo in the basic version.

Ana from anamendoza16@unitec.edu

Say what you need to say through awesome Vyond animtion

Vyond became a tool we use everyday to create infographic videos for the university's virtual courses. It allows us to present case studies or present a lot of complex data in visual form. We also have used it to create campaign videos for dengue and covid prevention. It's so much more effective to present information in this audiovisual, friendly form.

Pros

I like the user interface the most. It's so so easy to use. One can get a very professional animation with a few clicks and when used in a lot of detail, one can get a very cinematic look using the camera options Vyond offers. It makes the job so much easier. What we used to do in three weeks, we get done in three days.

Cons

I think the media library options could be improved. Especially for images, maybe it could have a better filter, could be with folders. Vyond's music is ok, but I believe there should be more, more diverse and filtered by moods/genres.

Reasons for Choosing Vyond

A mix of things: price, quality, diversity, ease of use, illustrations style.

Reasons for Switching to Vyond

We needed a better, more smooth, more modern-looking effect on the typical whiteboard animation style. We got it and got way more than we expected when we got Vyond.

Tim from Spaid eLearning Associates

Release Your Creativity with Video

My primary use has been creating videos in the eLearning space. Training videos where characters are interacting is a common use scenario that Vyond is good for. I've used most of the graphics styles to provide learners a different experience from one course to another. I particularly enjoy, using scene transitions, changing camera perspectives and using professional voice over talent for a polished and professional result. The Vyond videos I create are almost always integrated into Articulate Storyline 360.

Pros

Nearly everyone is looking to create compelling motion graphics and video. I have used the product since it was formally called, GoAnimate. And the video platform has simply gotten better-and-better. Whether a beginner or experienced designer Vyond gives you real teeth for creating amazing videos. From the outset, you can choose a graphics style using different option provided: business-style characters, contemporary, or white board animation style. Vyond then provides many different kinds of templates based on the type of video you are looking to create. Although you can freely edit scenes, you will no doubt hit the grounded running picking from a vast number of backgrounds. Don't find just the right character for your video? Vyond includes a Character Studio where you can change many options such as skin tone, hair style, facial features, clothing style and any number of color options, which can be important for the purpose of applying your own branding. The more advanced designers will find creative ways to mix media such as to integrate Vyond characters and video or photographs. The timeline is particularly helpful in getting your characters, music, narration and graphic assets working just the way you want. You can expand and collapse elements on the timeline to help with management as well. Voice recording assigned to a character, automatically synchronizes mouth movements. You can assign character movements, expressions and emotions.

Cons

There are so many different tips and tricks that can be used that separates a polished video from one that is amateur. I recommend taking advantage of any of Vyond's free webinars as well as peruse the online community. You occasionally wish for a character you can neither find or create. I'd like the additional capability to be able to copy camera settings from one scene to another.

Response from GoAnimate

Replied January 2020

Thanks for your review. I see you use Vyond and Storyline, were you able to attend our webinar "Articulate Storyline and Vyond?" You can watch it on-demand anytime: https://move.vyond.com/articulate-storyline-and-vyond/

Carolyn from Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Easy to Use for a Variety of Projects

Overall, I highly recommend Vyond and it is one of my most used products while creating online courses. There are so many opportunities for creativity and the tool is designed in a way that makes is easy and fun to create custom assets for courses.

Pros

Vyond is easy to use for many different projects. There are a wide variety of pre-made icons, pictures, characters, etc. in the library or you can create your own. In addition, it is easy to upload photos, music or videos for projects. One of my favorite things to make in Vyond is GIFS. They are a quick and eye catching way to get information to learners. Their customer service team is also PHENOMENAL and they truly care about making sure the product is working for your team/your needs.

Cons

I wish they had more healthcare related assets in the library. Some of the items we need are very specialized and we have to find a way to create them ourselves either from imported pictures or by piecing together tubes, shapes, etc. from the library. A plus side is that a Vyond rep reached out to me directly about this and asked me for input so that they can talk to the production team.

Reasons for Choosing Vyond

My colleague and I had both used Vyond in previous positions and loved working with the tool. It was a no-brainer when it came time to choose an animation software.

Response from Vyond

Replied April 2021

Thank you for your review and feedback, Carolyn. We are working on adding more healthcare assets and appreciate the insight you gave us. Please feel free to connect or share feedback with us anytime at community@vyond.com.

Cameron from WebCE

Vyond: Good for High-Volume E-Learning, Lots of Assets, Underwhelming Total Features

I couldn't do my job without Vyond and I would recommend other company's who create large volume of e-learning/training/marketing content use it for its simplicity. That being said, I think it's certainly not perfect and I hope they listen to the suggestions of its userbase.

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use and a new employee can be onboarded in using it in a day, although making truly professional quality content requires most esoteric training to make the templates look good. The UI is simple but effective and the volume of the assets (props, characters, backgrounds) is ever growing and sufficient for most situations (I personally create custom assets in Illustrator to supplement for my company's needs).

Cons

Some updates are made without sufficient quality testing, and I personally (as a standard user) have found software breaking bugs a few days after launch, only fixed after I provided a full bug report. I'm sure they have internal data that shows this is most profitable, but I think the focus on asset rollouts being "Business-Friendly" style is a mistake. Contemporary looks much, much more professional and is more viable for most of the work we do. The browser only aspect regularly crashes and slows way down, wish there was a downloadable software.

Response from Vyond

Replied April 2021

Cameron, thank you for your review and honesty about the bugs. Please feel free to share feedback with us anytime at community@vyond.com or post in our customer community https://vyond.force.com/community.

Linda from Shelter Insurance Company

Great tool for don't have time professionals

Overall, my experience has been good. You learn to work around it's little oddities. I think it is a good software, especially for the quick turn around you are able to accomplish.

Pros

Once we got Vyond, I was surprised how quick and easy it was to learn and use. We purchased with a specific project in mind and I had the project completed in less than a week. The templates Vyond gives you access to use are easy to use and easy to pick a part and make your own; making you seem like you are the developer around.

Cons

I'm not particularly fond of the cropping tool. It has improved, but it does not behave like other cropping tools. Additionally, I find it weird that you can right click on an object to copy, but you can only use the keyboard shortcut for the paste option. Also, some of the character sets are never, ever going to make it into the videos for the business that I work for. Zombies being one. Need more business appropriate image sets. Speaking of image sets, the search feature for the image sets and for the applies actions takes some getting use to. Sometimes what they are called is not at all what you would call it.

Reasons for Choosing Vyond

Price and being able to hit the ground running without a large learning curve.

Amy from Money Management International

Fast, easy, and versatile

We use it for internal employee training and external consumer education. We are developing a series of how-to videos for some customer facing technology also, a first for us. It is easy and quick, so it allows my super small team to do a lot. As a non-profit I have to do a lot of work with a small team and and a small budget.

Pros

Vyond is easy to learn, easy to use, and we can create and deploy training quickly. We use it intnerally and externally for employees and customers. When you have people from the organization sending you emails that they enjoyed the mandatory compliance training, you know you are on the right track! Vyond makes that possible with fun, engaging characters, audio, ability to import video, images, audio, etc. And ease of exporting as .mp4 and then bringing into Captivate to make SCORM modules for our LMS.

Cons

The only thing I'm not happy with is the rudimentary formatting capabilities. It really needs to step up to PowerPoint's level of grouping. selecting, having a true selection panel. It gets the job done, and they enhance it frequently. But the clunky formatting is my only issue. It's improved a lot in the 2 years we've been using it.

Reasons for Choosing Vyond

features, price, administration. I felt like Vyond had more to offer in one package, with more robust feature sets. Also, they have an active and engaged community and produce lots of content that they give away free to organizations as templates. I have used a lot of these, especially the COVID related topics.

Response from Vyond

Replied April 2021

Thank you for your review and feedback, Amy. We also appreciate your insight on the formatting issues. I'll share this with the team. Please feel free to connect or share feedback with us anytime at community@vyond.com.

Sean Matthew from fb

Making Ideas Reality - Fast

Vyond allows me and my team to rapidly develop and create visual storytelling in a way that otherwise wasn't possible to us before. We're able to quickly prototype and storyboard, gain approvals with the easy export functions and then flesh out and make real.

Pros

Rapid Build-out of videos is the number one big function for us. The ability to quickly lip-sync audio to video. Use text-to-speech prior to doing actual voice over recording allows for speed. The customization of characters and upload custom content helps us make the output more our own.

Cons

Smoother animation selection transitions between the built-ins. Sometimes this inability leaves a jerky hard cuts in the middle of the animation which takes the viewer out of things.

Reasons for Switching to Vyond

Voice Lip-sync functionality and various other ease of use functions

Response from Vyond

Replied April 2021

Thank you for your review, Sean Matthew. We appreciate your feedback on transitions. Please feel free to share feedback or connect with us anytime at community@vyond.com.

Peter from City of Cleveland

Vyond is an excellent communication tool for public education and outreach

Vyond has made complicated subject matter easy to convey via animation. It is more entertaining to the public sector and keeps their attention where live video may not. The versatility of the Contemporary, Business Friendly and Whiteboard animations styles cover most any subjects or can be adapted to your needs.

Pros

I love the various customization features. I am constantly discovering useful techniques via their Community website. I am so glad I chose this software for it's ease of use and fantastic support! Vyond has exceeded my expectations and foresee a continuous relationship with their knowledgeable team members. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been in constant touch with the Vyond community and is a wonderful person who really listens and cares about my feedback!

Cons

Vyond has been constantly improving and I appreciate that very much. I know some things need worked out by the development team and take some time to appear. I'd like to see a way to create folders for imported assets so I can organize them per animation. I think the timeline should scroll along with the animation's playhead. That would be very helpful to me.

Response from Vyond

Replied March 2021

Thanks for your review Peter! We are lucky to have you as a customer. We appreciated your feedback and I've shared it directly with our product team.

Robbi from Western Financial Group

Quick wins for low cash outlay!

Vyond has been our authoring tool of choice for short, animated video clips to insert into eLearning modules, but we've also used it to create entire videos for system training (by importing screenshots and overlaying narration, etc.). It has several animation styles, which makes it versatile, and it's a fun tool with a shallow learning curve and a low price.

Pros

Vyond is a flexible, intuitive, easy-to-use platform for video creation. It offers many options to create both business and personal videos using a multitude of characters (including customized characters), backgrounds, and props - and is even better since they added voice synchronization. I was once asked to create a team intro video that contained elements like ever-multiplying flying turtles and a character bellydancing and singing Shakira, and Vyond made it possible. Not just any platform can handle a request like that for this price!

Cons

I love Vyond - but if there's anything missing, I'd say it could use a few more poses. Also, while it's possible to add and manipulate custom props and backgrounds, this can be an involved process.

Reasons for Choosing Vyond

We had Vyond when I started in this position, but I also have Adobe Creative Cloud and a couple of other animation packages. Vyond is my go-to because of its ease of use - I can create a 5-minute Vyond video in a couple of hours which might very well take me 2 days in another authoring tool.

Response from Vyond

Replied April 2021

Thank you for your review, Robbi. What poses can we prioritize adding to make your work easier? Please feel free to share with us at community@vyond.com.

Jennifer from Allied Solutions

Great for microlearning!

I started using Vyond about six months ago to create a series of microlearning videos on my company's core values. I had previously used Powtoons, which was user-friendly as well, but not as robust. I found Vyond to be extremely easy to learn as someone with no experience going in. The character sets are pretty comprehensive on their own, but the addition of the character creator was awesome! It allowed me to create one character I could use for consistency throughout each of my videos that won't be seen anywhere else. The developers at Vyond are also consistently releasing enhancements (finally there's align/distribute options) and idea videos that truly do improve the quality of what I'm creating and delivering. Text-to-speech options are pretty standard, too. Vyond does have a Community site that is very helpful and they frequently host office hours and workshops for budding and experienced developers alike. Using their resources and community, it's easy to have my Vyond questions answered.

Pros

Ease of use; variety of characters, poses, actions, objects; character creator; entrance and exit effects; screen transitions; consistent improvement by developers

Cons

Need more animated objects for whiteboard videos; I feel like most of the development and new character and object sets are for the colorized versions of videos; some text-to-speech sounds VERY mechanical

Reasons for Choosing Vyond

Vyond is what we (the L&D team) decided had better capabilities and a more robust library of templates and characters for the money.

Ellen from Centre for Addiction and Mental Health

Great for fast explainer videos

Vyond has helped me to develop content for both soft and technical skills training in a way that is engaging, visually appealing, and fun for adult learners. It is customizable enough to work for most L&D teams. I appreciate that it also allows me to occasionally add some humor to e-learnings (when appropriate for the right audience). I've used it collaboratively with teammates in the past and have easily onboarded others to the program.

Pros

Vyond has a great asset library and the UI is pretty straightforward. I've used it to develop training in the past. It also is easy to add narration to custom characters and upload your own assets for inclusion in videos. It has a wealth of customizable templates.

Cons

The zoom/pan function can get a bit tricky and cause the editor to crash. Also note with any cloud-based products info security is always a consideration.

Reasons for Choosing Vyond

Best repository/library of templates and visual assets that are easily customized. Easy editor.

Response from Vyond

Replied April 2021

Thank you for your review, Ellen. Also, thanks for the feedback on the Zoom/Pan function. I'll share this with our team. Please feel free to share feedback with us anytime at community@vyond.com.

Teresa from Fiserv

Lots of Fun

I absolutely love adding Vyond videos to explain a concept or define something towards the beginning of a learning solution. It helps set a fun, light-hearted, and often-times humorous tone, which also helps the learner connect with the video and creates the buy-in we look for from learners when they are getting into a learning solution. That buy-in helps the content imprint in their memories. :)

Pros

I love how many character actions and prop options are available. It's so easy and super fun creating videos with Vyond.

Cons

I always find a need for more character building (like additional clothing and accessory options), action, and prop options. I also find it challenging when I add a sound effect that is very short and I need to move it on the timeline...I end up having to extend the length of it to be able to move it then I have to try to get it back to the length it was prior to extending and moving it.

Reasons for Choosing Vyond

Vyond seemed easier to use and had so many more eye catching, engaging options for building fun videos. Learners love when we include Vyond videos in our learning solutions.

Monica from Courts

Industry: Judiciary

User friendly, wide usage

Very good. Been a customer for a few years and intend to stick with this company as it grows.

Pros

Vyond is relatively easy to use and has templates, props, and scenes to suit most circumstances.

Cons

Certain professions, sports, hobbies, and scenes, if included, will easily make this a far more superior tool. For example, I couldn’t find characters or costumes for a dance scene I needed. I had wanted to illustrate stress relieve hobbies people can pick up during quarantine like sewing, but not available. Also I am not sure why there’s no “talk HAPPY but no lip sync” option.

Reasons for Choosing Vyond

Truth be told, it was because at that time, only Goanimate offered a free trial period. I tried it. And I decided to continue with it.

Reasons for Switching to Vyond

Vyond is a lot more expensive but overall functions are more complete. But vyond lacks the superhero storylines that pow toon has.

Response from Vyond

Replied April 2021

Thank you for your review and feedback, Monica. What professions, sports, hobbies, and scenes can we prioritize adding to make your work easier? Please feel free to connect or share feedback with us anytime at community@vyond.com.

Natalie from GradGuard

If you know video editing basics, getting started with Vyond is simple

Vyond has helped us create videos in a way that we've never been able to do before. I have several years of video editing experience with Final Cut, Edius, and Adobe Premiere but nothing like Vyond before. This would be a feature we'd have to outsource if it weren't more affordable and intuitive for someone with my experience to figure out. It's practical and for the most part, reasonably priced.

Pros

The best feature about Vyond is its pre-made templates. They're constantly adding new ones that are more timely and relevant. The templates make it super simple for me to put together a video much faster than I would if I had to recreate something like that. My second favorite feature is replace. That makes it SO easy to truly customize existing templates for efficiency and branding purposes.

Cons

Adding motion is still a sore spot for me. I don't find it easy to implement the feature in a project and it never turns out the way I'd like. I wish this part was more intuitive. And I'd like to see more templates, although I mentioned there are a lot and I enjoy them, I'd like to see more added more regularly. Also, for the price that you pay for a subscription, you should be able to have at least two users.

Reasons for Choosing Vyond

I was looking into another option (can't remember the name) based on a suggestion from a colleague. I almost bit the bullet and went with that even though I didn't like it when I did a free trial. Then I found Vyond by chance and was much more impressed with how user friendly it was.

Response from Vyond

Replied April 2021

Thank you for your review and feedback, Natalie. Please feel free to share feedback or connect with us anytime at community@vyond.com.

Sara from Genentech, A Member of the Roche Group

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Create professional animations quickly

Vyond has been great for enhancing communication through various change initiatives. It's also a fun way to cover business processes. It's very easy to use if you have some basic video creation and editing experience. But it doesn't take too long to catch on, if you have no experience given the number of tutorials available from Vyond and through Youtube.

Pros

Vyond subscription comes with lots of assets, including characters with actions that you can sync to narration. There are also a number of templates to help you start your business animation quickly. The customer support is availalble and there are always webinars to help you fine tune your animations. I love that everything is contained in the cloud and that you can upload additional assets for use in your Vyond account or to share with your team account.

Cons

To improve the platform, I would add more sound editing features to Vyond. While you can sync audio to characters and connect it to scenes, editing from the timeline is cumbersome. At the very least, I would like to mark a spot in audio, so I know exactly the spot to cut rather than just estimating. But right now, 'undo' is heavily used when attempting to edit audio. As a bonus feature, it would be great if the robot voices for the text to speech were improved and would handle more text.

Response from Vyond

Replied April 2021

Thank you for your review and feedback, Sara. We also appreciate your insight on improving our audio features. I'll share this with the team. Please feel free to connect or share feedback with us anytime at community@vyond.com.

Jennifer from New Mexico Mutual

Love this software!

The benefits are so many with this platform - fun, creative, engaging content can be creative for multiple audiences. I use it to create an image, gifs, AND videos. There are so many purposes! The templates are helpful and can easily be modified.

Pros

Vyond makes it easy to create images, gifs, AND videos that support employee engagement initiatives and of course for all types of training. I am able to create fun, informative graphics and videos that enhance the training the develop.

Cons

As a one person L & D department, I would like the ability to create contemporary characters. It's only available on the Professional platform and I'd really like to see it as an option on the Premium option. I don't need a scalable, teams platform as I am a one person team!

Reasons for Choosing Vyond

The ability to create animated videos with character actions - not just animated powerpoints or slides.

Response from Vyond

Replied April 2021

Thank you for your review. We are lucky to have you as a customer and we appreciate your feedback. Please feel free to connect with us anytime via email community@vyond.com or in our customer community https://vyond.force.com/community.

Chia-Wen from Read For You

Industry: Think Tanks

Vyond is so fantastic in producing professional but interesting video

Vyond is an easy-using platform. Even though I do not have any animation background, I can still learn and use Vyond to produce professional videos in a short period of time.

Pros

Vyond provides lots of templates for users, so I can easily construct my ideas through these templates, then customized them to fit my demand. Besides, I can also make my personal characters with different styles, and use the character to represent me since I am not comfortable with camera. Last but not least, the interface is quite easy to understand and use.

Cons

Since my company is Taiwanese reseller team, sometimes I have to hold a seminar to teach HR how to use Vyond. However, because the link-sharing function is locked for free trial account, so they cannot share their work with other colleagues, or present their work to boss. Moreover, sometimes the sharing link is not workable on mobile, so this situation might keep some people from buying Vyond.

Reasons for Choosing Vyond

Abundant templates and attractive functions (such as movements and facial expression)

Response from Vyond

Replied April 2021

Thank you for your review and feedback, Chia-Wen. Please feel free to connect or share feedback with us anytime at community@vyond.com.

Ralph from Screaming Lincolns

Good product

Decent amount of templates and environments available. There can never be enough of these, please continue making more. I keep losing character's action continuing when Continue Scene option is used to extend scenes where character is performing actions. So if a character is explaining something and looking left, his arm/body re-orients to the Continued Scene if I decide character's head looks right, instead of left for new Continued Scene. This makes simple, fluid character actions like arm moves and stance appear choppy and incongruent.

Pros

Templates speed up the mundane tasks of creating moving images and environments.

Cons

Lots more templates needed. Get ride of the amputee options that always seem to appear first for any character actions. Simple actions like "Standing" or "Talking" often return amputees as first option with regular appearing options further down the Actions List. Or perhaps have a group of Frequently Used Actions for characters instead so I don't have to scroll all the way down for the ones I need in each desired action.

Reasons for Choosing Vyond

I already bought Vyond but keep getting enticing Powtoon offers which are 40% below Vyond's yearly price.

Response from Vyond

Replied April 2021

Thank you for your review, Ralph. Your suggestion for a "Frequently Used Actions" section is excellent and I will share this with the team. Please feel free to share feedback with us anytime at community@vyond.com.

Karen from Kiwi.com

Go Vyond with your Video

We develop learning solutions for our company so we include many videos in our eLearning courses. We also use Vyond for informational or step-by-step videos to broadcast information or as on-demand learning.

Pros

Integrating this into our business needs was easy and I appreciate that Vyond is constantly updating the characters, locations, and slide templates. Rarely am I unable to find something specific that I need to tell the story. I also really like the templates that Vyond has on their blog; if I need a quick video, they can be super helpful. Overall, the product is easy to use for simple videos that look fancy.

Cons

It would be nice to have more editing features or simple animations that are in place. I find the pricing very high, so I always have to plan my videos around the giant Vyond logo in the corner. I also wish I could create GIFs with the lowest pricing plan - it seems like a simple tool that should not cost extra.

Reasons for Switching to Vyond

We thought that paying for a service would provide us with more features.

Response from Vyond

Replied April 2021

Thank you for your review and feedback, Karen. Please feel free to connect or share feedback with us anytime at community@vyond.com.

Carol from CommScope Inc.

Vyond Gets The Attention

Vyond offers us an alternative way to create training material that our employees really like. They pay more attention to training because it is fun to them now.

Pros

I like that it offers an alternative way to create training material that our employees really like. They pay more attention to training because it is fun to them now.

Cons

I think it is a bit limited with the actions only applying to a particular character group. All actions should apply to all groups no matter which one you use.

Reasons for Choosing Vyond

Vyond offered a fun way to present training using the cartoon characters and more.

Response from Vyond

Replied April 2021

Thank you for your review and feedback, Carol. Please feel free to connect or share feedback with us anytime at community@vyond.com.

Scott from Mondelez International

Review of Vyond

I love this tool and have promoted it broadly across my organization's various learning teams. We are a corporation of over 20+ employees globally. Our internal learners love the animation features and how easy it is to bring content on the page to life within our learning courses or via engaging communication videos.

Pros

The product is very easy to use and the provided templates give you a great starting point and are easily editable. It is great to see Vyond also constantly update templates, props, and characters and update features of the tool itself periodically to make it more user friendly.

Cons

The camera pan/zoom feature is extremely limited. Having the ability to customize the size of the zoom in window would greatly increase the customization of screen content. It is one of the most frustrating aspects of the tool. Also, the character editor, while neat, is lacking in many areas, especially with customizable hair styles and clothing options.

Response from Vyond

Replied April 2021

Thank you for your review, Scott. I'll share your feedback with the product team about expanding the features of the camera zoom/pan tool. We love to hear from you any time you have feedback like this. Please feel free to connect with us at community@vyond.com.

Elizabeth from TalentLab.live

VYOND Makes Learning Better, Easier, More FUN, and Effective

I love it. Everyone who sees the end result loves to engage with the content.

Pros

I love that Vyond can take even the dryest content and make it sparkle! Every week there are improvements that make it easier to use and adds great elements to make things pop! The templates are hugely helpful in learning and there is a TON of great customer support through webinars and learning.

Cons

My one request for the developers is... when replacing characters, it would be amazing if you didn't have to reset their actions all the time. It would be nice if you could substitute characters and they would take on the same effects as the one you are swapping them out for. It would be A HUGE time saver.

I love VYOND!! It's fabulous

Response from Vyond

Replied April 2021

Thank you for your review and feedback, Elizabeth. We also appreciate your insight on the issue with replacing a character. I'll share this with the team. Please feel free to connect or share feedback with us anytime at community@vyond.com.

Kirk from Riot Games

Industry: Computer Games

Epic!

Pros

Vyond is easy to learn and has a robust set of props, characters, expressions, etc. that allow us to enhance our training content with storytelling elements. Since implementing Vyond, we've produced more video content faster, and with better engagement from employees.

Cons

Overall we're very happy- I would like to see a number of 'quality of life' improvements to make working within the tool faster, as well as continued growth of the props, characters, etc. Specifically white board style options.

Response from Vyond

Replied April 2021

Thank you for your review, Kirk. What kind of tools or quality of life improvements are you looking for us to prioritize adding? I'll also share with the team your request for more additions to the whiteboard style. Please feel free to share feedback with us anytime at community@vyond.com.

Andy from MEDITECH

Leveraging Vyond for soft skill training

Vyond has helped provide a different option for my trainers, as well as other staff across the company developing training materials. We've had staff reach out asking to create new videos because they saw a Vyond video and felt that it would be a great vehicle for their topic.

Pros

The ability to showcase or develop an e-learning based on a soft skill (e.g., presentation skills, communication skills, managing remote teams, etc.) without having to rely on static images or slides which was how we typically did this. The customizable avatars, scenes, and animated quality of the visuals bring a new dynamic to our company wide training pushes which has been receiving very positive reviews from staff.

Cons

There is not the ability to incorporate clicks or learner interaction with the video. Would be nice to incorporate a different output format (HTML5) where a user could interact with a quiz or a "choose your own adventure" type story.

Reasons for Choosing Vyond

It was cheaper and appeared to have more flexibility than the other options. The overall style and look of the visuals/assets was preferable as well.

Response from Vyond

Replied April 2021

Thank you for your review, Andy. I'll share your feedback with the product team about interactivity and output formats. We love to hear from you any time you have feedback like this. Please feel free to connect with us at community@vyond.com.

Walter from ADP

Industry: Capital Markets

Improvements

We are using these videos to create highly engaging and entertaining presentations about our major competitors. They are extremely popular with our salesforce.

Pros

Intuitive ease of use. Cloud based software can be used from anywhere. Little or no latency. Fast and dependable.

Cons

Copy and paste text from one screen to another. It's a pain sometimes to hit Cltrl V to paste. Would like to see more character movement options, like someone stepping into a slide with one step. More character emotion options. I make dozens of these videos. All of the uploaded audio/graphic files used to create are in a single subdirectory. Wish you could separate them into their individual video directory.

Reasons for Choosing Vyond

Easiest animation program to learn and master.

Sandra from Ciox Health

Something for all experience levels

I've created elearning videos that were embedded in scenarios within Articulate Storyline, and standalone learning bursts that are more like reminders of concepts. And we've modified templates to use for COVID training internally. Most recently, I've created marketing videos that are more like commercials for our products, used on our external website and sent to our clients.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use Vyond - and it's great for a wide range of experience levels. If you have no background in animation or video, and just want to get something out fast, the templates make it super easy. If you are more experienced, there's a huge variety of characters, props, actions, and other features to let you can get as creative as you want. Plus, it's just so danged fun to use! It's appealing from that perspective as well. I love being creative, and the end results are fun, but also polished and professional. Makes me look good ;-P

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't like. Maybe a wider variety of characters? We like to show diversity. But that is nitpicking, because there IS diversity. Just be nice to have more.

Response from Vyond

Replied April 2021

Sandra, thank you for your review. What kinds of backgrounds, props, poses, or actions can we add to help add to our diversity? Please feel free to share with us at community@vyond.com.

Carrie from VyStar Credit Union

Can't imagine life without it

As a user, I love Vyond. It's fun and easy to learn. But more importantly my viewers (company employees) consistently love the end product. It makes out training so engaging!

Pros

Vyond is super easy to learn which makes it a great product for those who have little to no experience in video development. I love that as a creator you have the option to make things as complex or simple as you like. As I've grown my skills my videos have become more and more complex but some of my colleagues who are still new to the product create equally awesome videos with just the standard assets and templates provided.

Cons

Vyond can be tough to use on a small laptop screen. Some additional customizability for the layout would be great, but since the program is web-based and not downloaded, it's understandable that the functionality is lacking in that regard.

Response from Vyond

Replied June 2021

Thank you for your review and feedback, Carrie. We also appreciate your insight desire to customize our interface. I'll share this with the team. Please feel free to connect or share feedback with us anytime at community@vyond.com.

Michelle from Chubb Insurance

Engaging method for learning content

Very happy with the pre-built templates for generating ideas with color schemes, settings, character actions, etc.

Pros

Some of the most beneficial features of this software for our business learning deployment is that the animated nature is engaging. Insurance isn't typically the most "fun" content to deploy to our new claims and underwriting staff. But the characters and animations offered make the content more engaging and allows us to deploy learning in a enjoyable way. Also, the ability to split the audio files easily on the scene is very helpful than having to edit in another software and then import again. Also, the props, characters and music that is built in are very helpful! Also, the auto save feature and ability to easily share content with others makes this software a HUGE plus!

Cons

Since this product is web based, at times, depending on my connect, I have to "reload" the video when a connection is disrupted. Also, I would like to see more features added to have characters more seamlessly transition with actions, walking, talking, stopping, etc.

Reasons for Choosing Vyond

This software was added in addition to other standard learning technologies for our business.

Karen from Institute for Families, Rutgers University

Level Up Your Instructional Videos

Vyond helps us create clear, fun videos to explain all sorts of processes. It has always been well received.

Pros

This software is a real game changer! You are able to create custom vides that can really impact eLearning products. We use it often and it really enhances our products.

Cons

At times the web based app is not responsive. Items freeze or do not work properly. Would like to see more character, scene and item choices added bi-annually.

Reasons for Switching to Vyond

Vyond was the better choice.

Response from Vyond

Replied April 2021

Jennifer from Contractor at PwC

Video Tools

I have been able to create videos quickly and easily for multiple clients.

Pros

Ease of use Diversity of characters Customer support

Cons

It would be great if the application included a screen capture tool.

Easier and faster

Michaela from Olin Corporation

Industry: Chemicals

Vyond Animated Video Software

We use it for so many different things, small learning moments, scenarios, and video explanations. It really gets the job done and shows something the learner wants to pay attention to.

Pros

This software is by far one of the easiest softwares to use, learn, and create absolutely brilliant and engaging work. I absolutely love how great everything looks and the sky is really the limit with what you can do.

Cons

The only thing I don't like about it is that you can't make the background invisible and it doesn't have specific dimensions in the software. I'd like the ability to remove the background to put them in my eLearnings and have the video be different sizes.

Response from Vyond

Replied March 2021

Thank you for your review, Michaela! We also appreciate your feedback. We are working on supporting size variation and hopefully will release this to the product in the near future. For transparent backgrounds, we aren't as close to adding this feature yet. We do have some great suggestions and videos for using Adobe After Effects and Vyond in combination to achieve a transparent background. https://vyond.force.com/community/s/feed/0D51Q00007aW7cbSAC

Brandi from Tackle.io

Tackle.io Feedback

I've always enjoyed using the product and I will say that the UI has gotten a lot easier to work with since the acquisition. I'm still happy using this platform. I would like to see another branch come that is focused on helping developers create visual concepts that are less human-oriented but more concept oriented. I know the Contemporary setup is better suited for my needs in that realm but I end up using Moovly.com for that. Another cool idea would be to develop a Comic or Pop-Art section to allow development of scenes and stories using that design. That would be really awesome!!

Pros

I like that there are 3 options to do different-looking videos. It's great software for adding a human element to concepts.

Cons

The original character scenery could use some updating. It's been the same for about 5 years from what I can tell. I did use this product when it was GoAnimate and a lot of the backgrounds are the same. Additionally, I paid a fair monthly price for access and am disappointed that I have to pay even more to be able to edit Contemporary characters. That actually urked me.

Reasons for Choosing Vyond

Still determining if we will do a year subscription of Vyond based on how our team feels about the look of the videos.

Response from Vyond

Replied April 2021

Thank you for your review and feedback, Brandi. We also appreciate your insight on the backgrounds in the business-friendly style. I'll share this with the team. Please feel free to connect or share feedback with us anytime at community@vyond.com.

Julia from American College of Education

Best choice for avatar based explainer videos

We use the product to create explainer videos for courses we create. We love it and it really engages the audience!

Pros

No steep knowledge curve. Very easy to learn. Some fantastic tutorials on the website as well as templates to use for new users.

Cons

Automatic closed captioning for the videos would be a bonus with a way to edit the CC afterwards right in the program.

We purchased both

Response from Vyond

Replied April 2021

Thank you for your review, Julia. I've shared your wish for automated and editable CC with our product team. Please feel free to send more feedback to us at community@vyond.com.

Angelique from UCLA Health DGIT

Vyond for your training needs

Vyond has been used to create the majority of our training and product marketing videos. I find that people truly enjoy watching short informative animated videos. The creation time is Vyond is short compared to other video production products because almost everything you need is within the platform. I highly recommend Vyond to anyone looking to step up communications and training.

Pros

I've used Vyond for many years. I appreciate the fact that Vyond is constantly improving their platform, adding new assets and learning opportunities. Vyond adds value to an organization because it gives the developer the ability to share information in creative ways. Vyond has a great library of assets, characters, and character movements. I appreciate the ability to upload my own images, assets, music, and video clips. On top of this, Vyond has great customer support. The support team is always available and there are regular webinars to teach you how to create even better content. Adding Vyond to your tools is a must!

Cons

I would like to see more text animation and scene transition options. Also, it would be nice to have more music to choose from. I have a subscription to a music provider since there is not much to choose from in Vyond. I would also like to see more templates available. The templates help me better understand more complex animation techniques.

Shani from Penny Mac

AWESOMENESS

I design virtual course training events and use Vyond to add interest and fun to normally boring courses.

Pros

Ease of use and integration into other products like Articulate 360.

Cons

Add easier closed captioning capabilities, more templates and workplace and kid friendly assets-icons, objects, etc. Add X/Y axis pinpointing (similar to Articulate) for exact placement of objects on the screen. Add better voice options, allow for characters mouths to move even when not lip syncing. Add more options for character movements. Allow global changes across all scenes, i.e. changing a character or and object.

Mario from Randolph Brooks Federal Credit Union

Keeps getting better!

Whenever I can, I'm using Vyond. If I need a still, a GIF, or a full out video, I always go straight for it. We've got several other tools and I like having them as options, but between Vyond's ease of use, constant improvements, and customizability of characters and props, I don't plan on switching to a competitor any time soon.

Pros

I love Vyond's efforts in constantly improving. Every time I see something that I could use if it was available, they roll out an update that addresses the issue. The fact that the updates are pretty massive is also helpful and shows that they're attentive to customer needs.

Cons

Initially, I didn't like the limitations on controlling movement, but there have been some great strides taken to improve this functionality. I'd still love to see some more improvements, maybe a better/faster way to allow for character transition within a scene rather than only relying on scene cuts, but that's getting knit picky.

DONTENVILLE from Learning Story

Vyond

Pros

Vyond is ideally the tool that allows me to respond to almost any request from my clients. From the simple image or gif, to full motion design learning, through advertising, Vyond allows me to respect the complete graphic charter of the customers (import of typography, logo colors and choice of avatars created)

Cons

The user interface in lignes is less practice than the old one

Response from Vyond

Replied April 2021

Thank you for your review. I'll share your feedback with the product team. We love to hear from you any time you have feedback like this. Please feel free to connect with us at community@vyond.com.

Danielle from Plexus Worldwide

Easy & Quick Engagement eLearning Tool

This is a tool you can use if you do not have a lot of time to put something together. You can make characters extremely animated where there is a lot of movement, or not, depending on how much development time you have. If I have questions, customer service is very quick to answer them. I usually can locate any questions in the help center. The overall experience has been really good.

Pros

I like the fact there are many choices to use for the characters and scenery. It is very easy to use. I picked up how to use the tool in no time at all. I like that you can customize characters. If you know how to use Adobe Captivate or other eLearning tools, this one will be easy to use. The best part is characters are interactive vs. still photos. This increases engagement and keeps learning flowing as close to a video as possible.

Cons

I would like to see more clothing and accessory options in the characters. Closed caption would be nice but there is a work around.

Joanna from Wealth Enhancement Group

Love creating learning experiences in Vyond

Pros

I love that we can make characters of real people to go into the videos. Then they can guide learners through the topic through narration, and many will recognize the voice and the face - along with the trusted source of the information. I also like the way you can easily create stories using the templates. I was able to create a couple minute story very quickly, writing part of the story based on the templates that were available and then making modifications to fit what I needed. Finally, I love the camera movement abilities, to really direct learners through the video.

Cons

It would be great it there was a better ability to show a list of all assets in a scene. It seems to only show some in the timeline. The other con I had - functions for alignment and distribution - was just added as features.

Tina from Supra

Step up your training to a higher level!

I attempt to take all the trainings offered by Vyond to step up my game! Customer service has always (and I do mean always) have responded quickly and with the assistance that I need. I truly recommend this software - you will not be disappointed.

Pros

When I first started in my position, the training for our end-users was very minimal. Since we deployed Vyond as part of our training - we have been able to provide quick and easy "How To" videos that provide them exactly what they need in a fun way to learn.

Cons

I really haven't found any at this time. I love this software!

Response from Vyond

Replied April 2021

Thank you for your review, Tina. Please feel free to connect or share feedback with us anytime at community@vyond.com.