What are Wave.video users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Wave.video software through verified user reviews

• icon"I am still getting to know the software, but I am enjoying the opportunity to create more unique looking social media content. I also love that it is video focused."
  • icon"Super easy to use and they are constantly adding new features. When I was getting acclimated in teh beginning, the support over chat went out of their way to be helpful."
  • icon"The selection and ease for creating, downloading and launching to social media sites. Training and FB community are awesome."
  • icon"We ran into issues with the program loading indefinitely, and it was a glitchy mess trying to put together videos using our own footage."
  • icon"I know that the company is experiencing problems, but I question whether its code base is solid. I'm afraid that I'll create a video and I won't be able to access it."
  • icon"Also poor stock library. You will probably have to provide your own stock footage or purchase one of the paid ones."

Browse all Wave.video Reviews

• Have you used Wave.video and would like to share your experience with others?

Lindy

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

February 2022

Good to edit/create videos

Jim

Industry: Individual & Family Services

September 2022

Wave.video can create, edit and host videos and even have live-streaming!

Pros

The value that Wave.video provides. I bought it on LTD from Appsumo and and bought the business plan. I can edit, create and host videos only when I bought it and it was already great software at great value. Then they added live-streaming features for free for LTDers and it blew my mind away!

Cons

The interface really can use a bit of refreshing. Other than that, it’s a very robust platform.

Shannon

Finally a Video App that Makes Video Creation Easy!

I own a social media agency that works with many small business owners with extremely limited budgets. Wave makes it possible for us to either create videos for them at a very affordable price or we train them on how to use the platform themselves. Their videos come out looking professional and they like that.

Pros

I really enjoy the ability to easily create several canvas options for all the different social platforms. It also has a very robust stock image and stock video library to pull from.

Cons

I do not like the inability to customize the watermark and the challenge to adjust the call to action option at the end of each video.

Reasons for choosing Wave.video

Animoto was not as nearly robust as Wave. Promo video was in a sense a repetition of what you offered, but I liked your overall platform better.

Hannah

Great for this Novice

I have gotten a lot of great feedback within our company that they enjoy the videos. We are using them to highlight current employees and their personal and professional achievements. Our goal is to use this as a tool to recruit and retain great talent. As well as boost morale within our company. Although I can be frustrated with the

Pros

This interface is extremely user friendly, which I love! I like the folder function, the automatic save ability, and the theme suggestions. I love that I have the ability to upload my own font. That is huge in terms of maintaining graphic standards and raising brand awareness! I also really like the different options provided as ways to make the text interactive.

Cons

2 really big cons: 1) when I review my edits in this program, the video and audio do not always align. Often times, there is a lag of video to audio - regardless if the audio is from the video or overlay. Therefore, I cannot be sure I have the video exactly the way I want it (audio, images, text, etc.). I understand playing the video in low res while editing because of the amount of data it requires. Furthermore, I am consistently streaming 90 Mbps through our internet provider directly to my computer, so I don't think it is a matter of low internet speed. 2) I cannot use more than 1 audio line at a time. For example, if I have a picture that I want to overlay music and voice with, that isn't possible. That's a huge drawback. I also have one small drawback: I don't like that I am limited on text color. For example, unlike being able to upload multiple fonts, I am very limited on color scheme and the presentation of themes (although I do like the few options I am offered).

Rolando

July 2022

The Perfect cloud video editor.

I love Wave.video because now I am no longer tied to my desktop and I can edit anywhere I want. Making videos with wave is a breeze and saves a lot of time.

Pros

I create videos for TikTok and use the templates all the time. There are hundreds to choose from. and this alone saves me lots of time.

Cons

I wish they will improve the timeline editing, most people are used to using regular timelines in video editors. The wave.video timeline takes a little to get used to.

Reasons for switching to Wave.video

powerdirector takes too many GB of storage in your computer, making it slow. Wave.video is cloud base.

Toiny

Great Tool for Social Media Videos

Overwhelmingly positive

Pros

I can easily scale my videos between social media platforms. It's easy to replace template images with my own.

Cons

Adding text or stickers, and timing them to come in perfectly is frustrating. This function is not very intuitive. However, it does exist and it is possible.

Reasons for switching to Wave.video

Cost was the biggest factor, but I've found Wave to fit my needs better.

Andrew Jude

March 2022

fulfills my marketing video needs

It's a very good software and I love it a lot. I've already recommended it to 2 of my friends who make videos for their customers.

Pros

Wave.video is super easy to use. There are thousands of templates that you can just edit, and you're good to go. There are plenty of useful features like: subtitles/caption, royalty free music and more. I also love the fact that you get a dedicated landing page for each video. It looks super professional.

Cons

I wish they gave unlimited access to premium royalty free videos and musics. Sometimes you can get copyright strikes for using their songs.

Reasons for switching to Wave.video

Because Wave.Video was less buggy and offered more features.

Eyüp

April 2022

Wave.video

Pros

The interface is beautiful and useful. Stock library is very useful. I can find a lot of what I'm looking for

Cons

It gives an error after making some videos. All the time I've wasted is wasted.

Reasons for switching to Wave.video

Although I get errors while editing video, it has useful and nice tools

Denise

Wave Video User

Overall experience is great. When I first started my store I didn't know how I would make quality videos for advertising and when Wave.Video was suggested and all the support behind it made my fears for advertising go away.

Pros

The selection and ease for creating, downloading and launching to social media sites. Training and FB community are awesome!

Cons

When at the publish step and start writing the title and information if you switch off of it to go look or grab on another page then when I switch back to the wave video tab publish step it wipes out clean to restart.

Reasons for switching to Wave.video

Better options, great people behind the product and ease.

June 2022

Great tool to make videos

It is a great tool to use, easy for deployment and pleasant. Similar to canva , except some of the video/pic stocks have to pay. It has a whitelable function to send the artwork for approval in a link, which is very nice.

Pros

We love the text to video function, the AI is very intuitive and also easy to use

Cons

Paying for the video/picture stocks , we hope to have more free stocks

Reasons for choosing Wave.video

Canva is our everyday go to tool, but wave has an intuitive ai that can create video from text, excellent usage for a quick video

Olivier

August 2022

Best All-in-One Livestreaming and Video-Production Software

Pros

You literally do everything inside of Wave: Video Production, Video Hosting, Multistreaming, and prepare all your creatives (Pics, Videos, etc)

Cons

So far no particular cons. The team is implementing new things almost weekly based on customer reviews

Best Value video marketing software

Wave has enabled me to add video creation to my social media marketing efforts for my clients without significantly increasing my costs. They are and I are very happy. The market leader’s platform has a few more “bells and whistles” but these don’t justify the significant additional expense in my opinion, and the Wave product send to be on a rapid path to add new features anyhow.

Pros

Enormous library of stock images and videos at really licence fees.

Cons

Not quite as fully featured as the leading rival - but a fraction of the cost, especially as an agency.

Value for money.

Value for money.

Anna

The only video creation tool you will need

It takes 20-30 minutes to create a cool video for my clients. If you are not using it, give the free trial a try!

Pros

LOVE it! It has all you need to create great videos easily: Backgrounds, sounds, music, overlay and transition effects, etc. I manage to use to create short social media videos as well as short how-to video tutorials. I think it's the largest collection of video templates out there and you can easily edit each one until it's completely unique. Love their social media calendar too!

Cons

I think it took me some time to figure out how to do what I need it to do... Also it works much better in Google Chrome than FireFox. There are small bugs here and there. Sometimes I need to close the project and return to editing to get it to work again, but it may be my browser overload.

Reasons for switching to Wave.video

I think Wave offers a richer collection of templates and editing capabilities.

Laura

One of the best video editors for marketing

My favorite video-making app is Wave, because it makes making videos super easy for me. They have tons of templates and audio files that work well. No effort required to get professional videos.

Pros

While I have small knowledge in the field of Video Editing, such an application offers a great deal of great features and is super easy to learn. They offer everything you need for video marketing: - Text to video - Auto-captions - Video templates - Image and sound stock - Voiceover - Video editor and more. There are new features and improvements being launched on a weekly basis! And a change is immediately applied when a bug is detected or a problem is noticed.

Cons

None at the moment: I am very pleased with the quality and price of the product (I bought a LTD from them).

Nicola

Easy to Use, Flexible with New Features

Wave allows us to quickly produce high quality videos to promote our online courses and to prepare tutorials for learners and faculty members. As a small and growing non-profit organization with just a few part-time staff, we don't have the resources to pay a professional videographer. The ease and flexibility of Wave allows us to save on marketing while we grow our customer-base and develop the administrative systems we need to expand exponentially.

Pros

At first I was disappointed with the simplicity of the software, but Wave has recently (summer 2018) added features that make it a lot more flexible, including: 1. voiceover capability 2. more flexible text positioning 3. additional text transitions 4. smooth borders for text 5. colored backgrounds, including tints for videos I've always liked the color schemes in Wave, and the ability to choose from a variety of contrasting color options to back smaller images. The images, videos and music in the library are extensive and generally of high quality. The ability to quite quickly change the format (size) of the videos is very useful.

Cons

I've used both the free version and a subscription. The free version has a watermark on all the videos. It would be nice to be allowed say one video per month that isn't watermarked, or put the watermark/Wave logo at the end instead of it running throughout the video, which is very intrusive. I can't find anything I don't like about the subscription service. All of the limitations that irked me when I started using Wave (like not being able to do a voice-over) have been resolved. I am looking forward to further improvements.

Kimberly

There's no place like VIDEO! Wave Easy.

Pros

I used to work with another video platform product where I didn't have the functionality of adding certain assets to my videos. Mostly I work with video platforms for Facebook/Insta or social selling videos so it was critical for me to use my own VO options or license safely with graphics that would help get to the pain point and solution of my products fast. Wave did this as they keep adding new features...one that I love is small gifs or animations such as pointing hands or smiley faces that warm the video up well but also get very specific of where a customer should look or click. The more you use Wave the easier it is because you know what works and what doesn't. They also have a great feature to zoom in/out with your video in certain areas to showcase something you know consumers can't live without. THere's also a great transition option from "shot to shot" as you can add pictures to videos as well. Very nice robust platform. Oh, you can increase the speed of the video you uploaded too which is super fun if you have a longer demo but want to speed it up to the eye. It's fun to watch and build. The best part, the price. My agency loves this product and I only stumbled upon it because I saw a cool video and asked how it was made. Nice that a novice agency owner can use it and not have to hire out on things I want to do fast especially for social media.

Cons

Once you upload a pic or video, you can't erase it. They are looking into this.

Heather

Allowed me to eliminate other software subscriptions and create videos faster!

Your video software is one of the best and simplest I've found. Wave.video makes video editing simple and fast-- whether I have content or NOT! I love that Wave.video gives access to such a huge library of audio and video to get started. No tech-spertise needed! The interface is easy too! I've been using Wave.video a while now for both myself and for clients, and it's allowed me to be able to cancel a lot of unnecessary software subscriptions and reduce my expenses. On the contrary of an expense, Wave.video is an INVESTMENT. It's helped us increase our production speed. And improved efficiency also means improved profits. PLUS, happier customers with faster deliverables. Anyone here reading, you GOTTA get Wave.video!

Pros

The quick single click to resize any video is fantastic--PLUS, the newest feature to add captions automatically!

Cons

When selecting from the audio library, missing the ability to select with finer filtering-- like duration or tempo. It does have SOME filtering, but I'd like to see more to be able to make faster audio selections. Also, as an agency, missing being able to add additional users to an account with each having their own unique login credentials and permission levels.

Reasons for switching to Wave.video

With all of the capabilities that Wave.video offers, I was able to eliminate other software subscriptions that overlapped. I was able to cancel subscription services to: stock video, stock audio, captioning, and other editor apps. This saved money and streamlined steps in production.

Ren

Best Video Tool Ever!!

This tool is simply fantastic. I can do so much more in this video editor than I ever knew I could do because it is easy to figure out and has great templates, unlike tools I tried before (Movie Maker and PowerDirector). It also has great stock footage included (I bought 2 codes to unlock all the features) and the price for the paid stock is reasonable if you need it, but I've found such great footage in the free stuff I haven't needed to buy anything extra. This tool elevates my deliverables tenfold.

Pros

Very easy to use and get started. Intuitive interface - limited editing options but that helps make it easier to use than the pro tools. Great stock selection, good templates/layouts, makes editing, creating, and resizing videos really simple.

Cons

The text overlay feature is a little clunky but the team is regularly taking feedback and making updates. Sometimes they break things when updating... like I lost my roll-in effect but they fixed it quickly once I reported it. Could have more image editing options but what is has is decent. Could allow for 2 audio tracks to overlay - perhaps it will soon!

Response from Animatron

Hi Ren, Thank you for your detailed feedback! I will pass it to the team. Since you wrote the review we added background removal for images, please check it out We also announce new features live weekly on Fridays at 11 EST. in our Facebook group. Join us live to learn all the news: https://www.facebook.com/groups/wave.video Thanks again, Kate

Dan

Ride the Wave!

Creating high quality ads and other videos quickly with pro results. Every feature update just makes it better and better.

Pros

Wave video is easy to use with constant upgrades and feature implementation. The devs are available to everyone and they also do weekly videos introducing the newest upgrades.

Cons

Perhaps expanding the length of videos that can be edited.

Reasons for choosing Wave.video

Best value for my use case.

Response from Animatron

Hi Dan, Thank you for your review! We listened to you, and other user-generated feedback and expended support for videos from 10 minutes to 30minutes! We are very proud of that update! More changes to the timeline are coming soon! Stay tuned! Best, Kate

Matt

Amazing Video Creator and Keeps Getting Better

Using Wave is very easy yet with a lot of power. They have streamlined our process while allowing the creativity to be high. I run an agency that runs ads and social marketing for local businesses and Wave has been a key tool to allow us to deliver content that is engaging and delivers the businesses' unique value. With these videos we can often see a direct increase in new leads and customers when paired with targeted advertising.

Pros

I've used this tool for just over a year now and here's my thoughts: - The tool does one thing really really well - amazing online videos. - The process to create and publish on any platform is very intuitive. - It's diverse with effects, pulling together clips, and just has any feature that I need. - It makes Facebook advertising using video easy and 10x more effective. - Support is quick and helpful. I've had a few issues in the past year and they have helped or made it right if it was their fault.

Cons

Early on in use I found certain pieces limiting like audio editing, lack of effects, timeline adjustment awkwardness. In 2018 these have all been fixed and improved to where I don't find anything limiting. If I need to get in depth then I go to a full video tool like Adobe. But for online videos this tool does it all.

Lurline

Wave.Video Yearly CheckIn

Benefits is time and cost saving trying to produce imagery to specifically carry out our message on social platforms.

Pros

Very intuitive in the design and abilities to edit the clips that you are working with. Like that when I'm storyboarding a project, I can "favorite" those ideas and the flow I think it could take and when I'm ready to place the clips it is easy to wade through my favorites to narrow it down for my creative.

Cons

Least is the limit on length of video that you can edit. Was looking to work with longer range videos and it would hardly load, impossible to edit, mainly because it breaks videos into :15 sec clips.

Reasons for choosing Wave.video

Seemed to have the most diversity of product and video clips/images available underneath subscription that could be shared across multiple platforms.

Matthew

Wave Video is a mature platform with a lot of stock assets that helps you make incredible videos

Pros

Wave Video is the most stable online video creation service that I have used. The editor is easy to use and there is no noticeable lag. I have yet to experience any issues with rendering, like I have with other video creation platforms. They have a huge amount of premium stock assets (including videos) available for free, and the ones which aren't available at no cost are very competitively priced. I like the content calendar which provides inspiration but also suggests a large number of hashtags to use for engagement when you select a template.

Cons

The templates that are available are a bit basic when compared to some of the competition. I'm sure some people like this style, but I would have liked to see some more variety in the templates.

Response from Animatron

Thank you, Matthew! Wow! 10 out of 10 looks amazing to me! I will pass your feedback on templates to the designers. We believe that less is more and we are trying to make it easy to edit and customize all the aspects of templates to make the final video look unique. Still, there is always room for improvement! We hear you! Kind Regards, Kate

Himanshu

Handy video creation tool with consistently growing set of features

Wave.video is good... and the team is continuously improving it and adding new features.

Pros

Wave.video has made our video creation process much easier. It has the most intuitive editor I have seen so far in online video creation tools. Moreover, it has lots of ready-made templates for our use case, which is mainly video marketing. The timeline is buttery smooth, and the collection of stock videos is awesomely large.

Cons

I felt that the video rendering process takes a lot of time. The other tools that we use do it way faster. It also lacks the transition effects in comparison to our other video creation tools.

Tony

I tested more than 40 online video creation systems, and wave.video is the winner for my needs

Overall, it's a pleasure to use, with a very nice interface, and it makes video creation very easy and very fast.

Pros

Unlike many of the other systems, everything about the fonts - type, size, color, position (and time placement and delay of the second line), animations, color and opacity of text background, even drop shadow - completely customizable. It puts no limit on the number of videos you can create and download, nor the number of clips that each video can use. It comes with stock footage, and it has a real preview function where you see changes as you do them. Also unlike many of the other systems, you can insert, delete, change length, crop, rotate & re-arrange clips, and add transitions between clips.

Cons

While it does have good pre-built templates, I'd like to see a great many more (like some other systems provide). Also, changing text color is unnecessarily complex and seemingly inconsistent, involving have to make changes to a "Brand" section, instead of just selecting the text and dragging through a color rainbow circle. I'd like to be able to use Wave.video with my teams. Layering images could be easier (right now it involves a workaround of using the logo part of the CTA module to do it).

Frustratingly Close To Great

I hoped to build videos quickly on this from the get-go as that is the value proposition here. We're not there yet. Too many companies are offering minimalist user interfaces, as clutter is taboo, but they leave VITAL editing functions (TRIM) relatively hidden, compared to the space they give Font selection. LOTS of wasted space in the GUI.

Pros

They are right on time, providing different export sizes for various social media platforms. An editor that handles 4:5 and 9:16 isn't common YET. It is a huge feature. Fairly straightforward work space.

Cons

Their scant 2 tutorials and 2 (yes just 2) FAQ's are a joke. They leave out TONS of necessary information needed to get up to speed: How to change brand colors, where in the editor is the video trimming icon? Wasted space in the GUI. Poor documentation. Tons devoted to their other software. Once I publish to one social media platform, there is no obvious way to publish to the next.. It simply says 'your video is ready'. Poor ratio of paid stock video offerings to free ones.. Same with pix. And all templates use images/video you must pay extra for, forcing you to basically remove their clips or start from scratch, which I do, negating the "ease of use" grade. Come on... If I want a paid asset, I'll turn to it, but don't force it on me..

4.58/5 out of 347 reviews