Browse Castr Reviews

Daniel from Dream Factory

For those of us doing Live events, Castr is an essential fail safe partner

Pros

The ability to have an uploaded pre-recorded video scheduled to stream live with just 3 mins notice is really useful for failsafe option. Internet gremlins can always get in the way during a live event, so I find this quick scheduling option to be really useful and the main reason I stuck to Castr and not their competition. They also offer 24 hour cloud recording & a mobile app which their competitors don't either. Cloud recording is another really useful failsafe in case your recordings locally didn't happen. Mobile app lets you use your mobile camera to stream which is really useful.

Cons

Shame that they only allow 1 uploaded video at a time seems rather stingy when 2 would be really useful and not lose them much business for small time streamers. They don't offer their Embed on website script as part of the lower packages which seems a shame when their competitors do and don't see why that would harm them to offer this in lower packages. Less than 3 mins schedulng would be even better!

Reasons for Switching to Castr

Restream have a 10 min delay for scheduling videos which for a failsafe is far too much time. They don't offer cloud recording or mobile streaming. Find their product offerings confusing and not competitive. You need 2 different packages for scheduling and live streaming.

Response from Castr

Replied January 2020

Hey Daniel, Thank you for your valuable time and wonderful feedback, just wanted to let you know that we will soon be out with a new module and UI. It would have the answer to all your problems :)

Alex from Assembly of God

We love castr

Excellently Experience. They should make easy to customers to understand what is castr. Many of my friends they don’t understand the ideia till I need to explain all.

Pros

Simple interface to Connect all the streams.

Cons

Wish was more then one custom url to add on the low price.

Price and easy setup.

Response from Castr

Replied December 2021

Dear Alex, Thank you for taking your valuable time for sharing your wonderful feedback. Your simple words mean a lot to us. Happy Streaming :)

Bram from B&J Studio's

unreliable , no refunds , no reply

Pros

Can't find any , it did not work properly

Cons

Stream is buggy , and cut off before end of video paid for a whole year + 1000 dollars , used it once. did not work ... no refunds no replies

Response from Castr

Replied December 2021

Dear Bram, Sorry to hear that you have faced some issues, I checked your chat conversation and was unable to find any such request. We at Castr are always available to help you and solve the issue that's the primary reason we have 24x7x365 online live support. Please get in touch with our live support and we will be happy to help you fix the issue. Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks

Anthony from Calvary Gospel Chapel

Simple Affordable Solution to Multi-stream

Pros

Its ease of use and the ability to create unique Multistream configurations works well for us on a weekly basis as well as for our occasional special services like weddings, funeral and the like.

Cons

Remembering to click "Start Live Stream" on Facebook Live; however, this is not Castr's fault.

Reasons for Choosing Castr

Simplest and least expensive option for u our needs.

Response from Castr

Replied November 2021

Dear Anthony, Thank you for taking your valuable time for sharing your wonderful feedback. Your simple words mean a lot to us. If you can link your FB account via login method then you do not need to hit the start streaming button, it would be automated, our support team can help you with setting up the same. Happy Streaming :)

Mario from Cengavis, Lda

Solid tool

The overall experience is very good and it proved to be a very solid tool for my streaming business.

Pros

Multistreaming capabilities are strong and easy to setup and use

Cons

These are more suggestions for future developments. - please provide some sort of indication that audio is being received (a VU?) and properly restreamed to each destination platform. That allows for quick assessment that everything is going Ok! - When accessing the service thru an iPad which I often do, the video preview window is non functional. Please solve this or make a dedicated app for this purpose as you did for laptops and desktops.

Reasons for Choosing Castr

Good set of features and reasonably priced

Response from Castr

Replied December 2021

Dear Mario, Thank you for taking your valuable time for sharing your wonderful feedback. Your simple words mean a lot to us. We have heard your feedback and we will work on it soon. Happy Streaming :)

John from Cedarview Church

December 2021

Critical to our on-line presence

Very happy with Caster. I have recommended it to other churches

Pros

Looked at other services. Castr had no branding inserted. Price was fair. Used the free demo. Purchased the product. When needed customer service has been prompt and accurate.

Cons

Haven't had any negative problems with Castr.

Price and no branding

Response from Castr

Replied December 2021

Dear John, Thank you for taking your valuable time for sharing your wonderful feedback. Your simple words mean a lot to us. Happy Streaming :)

david from PT. Prima Visi Globalindo

Castr saved our show

Castr saved our money and our show.

Pros

Easy to integrated with our web. castr has an affordable price compared to its competitors. good quality live streaming video

Cons

The analysis of the number of viewers is confusing. No Chat. I hope next with chat.

Castr saves more money

Suzi from Peace Lutheran Church

Great software

We are able to serve our congregant members and visitors who are unable to attend in person with a reasonable solution to weekly praise and worship.

Pros

This product was easy to implement even though it was my first time setting up a live stream. The customer support was amazing and greatly appreciated.

Cons

I think that a little more information could be provided to new users regarding how the multi stream actually works. We have had some problems with our frames dropping and we are still not entirely sure if changing servers helped us because it’s still an intermittent issue.

Francesco from wideo di Francesco Toso

wideo

I start use Castr when wants find solution to send live video from encoder to player and us it in the switcher to produce program live streaming

Pros

RTMP and SRT server and player, usefull.

Cons

Increase SRT services with different address, HEVC H.265

I used both Castr-vMix-Core

Ahmed from Ahupa Business Network Ltd

Very good to use the software

is assist my channels to be live streaming easily online and to connect flied and studio using SRT

Pros

easy to use on broadcast especially live streaming online

work good

Response from Castr

Replied November 2021

Dear Ahmed, Thank you for taking your valuable time for sharing your wonderful feedback. Your simple words mean a lot to us. Happy Streaming :)

Douglas from The Armory

My experience with Castr the past 6 months.

I started a podcast about 10 months ago and before I did them live I would just record them and upload the video. Its hard to make it as any type of streamer these days, especially when you're new and have 0 viewers and get put at the bottom of the bunch. I wanted to reach as many people as possible, in the easiest way. I spent a lot of time watching videos on how to simulcast and whats the best soft ware to use. Most came with $50 + a month bill. Since I'm not currently making any money from producing content the price matters. Then I found caster. It had everything I was looking for, unlimited stream hours, stream on multiple platforms, (I personally stream on Twitch, Mixer, Youtube & Dlive). It made my life incredibly easier. In the first day I connected all my accounts and clicked the go live button, boom, that easy; and its only $15 a month. That's cheaper than my bar tab. I would recommend Castr's simulcast package to ANYONE who is just starting. Sometimes I get a few followers on mixer, then the next day its youtube or maybe twitch. I'm reaching as many people as I can at once and instead of just building up my stream following on one platform, I'm doing it on 4 at once. I could do even more if I wanted to. Overall Castr can't be beat for its simulcast service and price, I have had castr for over 6 months now and don't plan on canceling anytime soon.

Pros

-GREAT PRICE, way cheaper than most simulcast or re-stream services -Unlimited Stream hours -Direct download after stream is over -SUPER User friendly, linked my accounts and started streaming day one. -Integrated chat system is a huge plus

Cons

Over the past 6 months since I've been using it there has been a few hiccups. Some times when I start streaming, it will say my account is linked and connected but it wont be streaming on the platform. Example: I stream on youtube, twitch, mixer and Dlive. On the home screen it says my mixer account is connected and live, but when I visit my page on mixer it says I'm offline. I then have to try deleting and reconnecting my account to Castr or resetting my stream key, and even then it does not always work. I have only had this problem mainly with Mixer (youtube and twitch every now and then). That being said I'm not sure if this is a problem on Castr's end or Mixers. I have chatted with a worker about this issue and alls he had me do was the same steps I listed above. Deleted, re-link, try again. This option does not always work. Then the next day everything will magically work again. This is a very minor problem but can grow to be very irritating. Some other small cons I've noticed. The integrated chat seems to only link Youtube, Mixer and Twitch. Any smaller platforms don't detected. I use OBSLabs to live stream, and some of the apps don't work as they should. For example the viewer count extension where it shows the amount of viewers per platform only shows my viewers on twitch. Not the other 3 platforms I'am streaming on. Again, I'm not sure if that is a problem on OBSlabs end or Castr's.

Response from Castr

Replied January 2020

Hey Douglas, Happy to read such wonderful feedback from you, sorry to hear about the small hiccups, I will take personal attention to investigate this matter and resolve it asap if any found. Happy Streaming :)

Mehdi from JABWEH

Industry: Broadcast Media

Cast is the best for church and livestream event

To offer my clients zoom conferences without the ZOOM logo during the live event and connect Castr with Atem min pro. Save time in setting up multiple live feeds with ease.

Pros

The ability to launch multiple streams at the same time and on multiple platforms. The ability to schedule streams automatically in advance. A perfect integration with the ATEM MINI PRO and ATEM MINI EXREME video management systems. Constant quality of the stream over a long period of time (8 hours). Reactive customer service. And really affordable prices.

Cons

Be able to know the exact audio bitrate (128 or 256) or have a graphical overview of the video/audio bitrate Offer an affiliate account to get a return on investment for referral

Reasons for Choosing Castr

For its simplicity, price and performance.

Reasons for Switching to Castr

My first need was to stream from Zoom webinar to multi platforms (Youtube and Facebook) but last year with Splitstream didn't work.

Response from Castr

Replied May 2021

Hey Andre, Thanks for your such supporting words, we will soon be launching the affiliate program as requested and happy to have you onboard.

Easiest way to simultaneously stream Zoom to YouTube and Facebook

Overall very happy. Support over chat has been responsive with any questions. After using it with this organization, I have recommended Castr to other organizations, and they have been happy with performance. One of the nonprofits I work with only has to broadcast events every few months, so I have the flexibility to signup in months I will need Castr, and then cancel when I don't need it. And all my settings stay when I signup again.

Pros

During pandemic, we had to quickly transition our on onsite mosque programs to online only. Previously we would record and upload certain programs to YouTube, but now we would be hosting via Zoom, and we wanted to reach our audience on YouTube and Facebook live as well. There are many tools on the market, but we found Castr to be easy to set up and priced similarly to others. Castr also allows you to stream to other major platforms such as Twitch and Vimeo and so many others we have not heard of. We have also liked the ability to upload videos and schedule a go live event. It drastically reduces the need to manage things separately on Facebook and YouTube.

Cons

YouTube integration was finicky in the beginning, and part of it was with how YouTube was making changes. We settled upon separate YouTube streaming keys for each of our event types, and configured them as as separate streams in Castr. This also means we have to pre-schedule our streams in YouTube and associate with the correct. However, we have worked that into our processes, and it isn't that much overhead. We've also had the occasional problem with Facebook where the stream starts twice, and and we end up with 2 events (a 2 minute start of the event, and then a separate one with the rest).

Reasons for Choosing Castr

Pricing was better for the features that we require.

Response from Castr

Replied May 2021

Thank you for the wonderful feedback, and your right some social media sites change the policies too quickly with less information. Our team is constantly working to always deliver the best possible solution.

Alan from Island Family Christian Church

Castr for streaming Worship Services

With Castr we are able to steam Worship Services consistently to Facebook and YouTube without difficulties. Castr provides the streaming capability and we just need to send the video feed to Castr. Being in Hawaii it can be difficult finding a good streaming server. However we have had no problems with the Castr LA server.

Pros

Castr is easy to setup multiple streams. We use OBS as are method to stream and it is nice to be able to start the stream and connect to Castr before we stream to social media.

Cons

At this moment we have had no problems with Castr. Any problems we have had has been due to our Internet connection or the social media sites themselves. Castr has been solid. It has many features that other sites charge a lot more money to provide.

Reasons for Choosing Castr

Was originally going to go with Livestream but when it became Vimeo Livestream it was no longer cost effective for our purposes.

Reasons for Switching to Castr

Needed to stream live video in addition to recorded video.

Response from Castr

Replied May 2021

Dear Horner, Thank you so much for such wonderful positive feedback, your simple words mean a lot to us.

Janny from Jazz Power Initiative

Using monthly for our Jazz Jam streams!

We have been using Castr with OBS for more than one year now; due to the pandemic, all our programs had to go online. Even after we come back to in-person programming, we will definitely rely on Castr as our multi-streaming service. We tried with several others, but none were as reliable as Castr.

Pros

The interface is very user friendly, and there are a ton of channels that I can set up. Controls are easy to understand, you don't need too much information to set up a channel. I have been working with three different Facebook channels, and two YouTube on the same stream and I have had no issues with lag. Also, the price is very affordable.

Cons

I wonder if there is a way to integrate Instagram. I know it's not a very friendly platform for multistreamers, but I just wonder...

Reasons for Choosing Castr

Pricing, we had used it in the past without any problems, and its interface was very appealing.

Reasons for Switching to Castr

We use OBS with Castr to multi-stream. OBS itself does not allow multi-streaming. Restream was not reliable, and it was more expensive.

Response from Castr

Replied May 2021

Dear Gonzalez, Thank you for the wonderful support and for the positive feedback. Your words encourage us to work harder and smarter.

Timothy from Little Hills Church

Reliable Multistreaming for a great price.

Tech support has helped me whenever I’m stuck and it has performed rock solidly ever since I started using it. It does things other providers don’t even seem to offer — like a truly infinite infinite loop — too.

Pros

I really appreciate Castr’s reliability, its feature set (infinite loops are really useful!) and it’s low cost. Having highly responsive, helpful support is also a huge plus. Recent upgrades to reduce latency down to 5-10s is incredibly impressive, too.

Cons

Some features, like infinite loops, I only need part of the time. I wish it were possible to easily purchase certain features for just a month or two on top of one’s regular annual plan for the basic package. I’d also love to see hosted video streaming that isn’t quite so expensive — the multistreaming function is the best value I’ve seen, but the hosted video streaming is more than services such as Vimeo.

Reasons for Choosing Castr

Castr came well recommended while also cheaper than the alternatives. I’m glad I tried it!

Reasons for Switching to Castr

I wanted to switch from using a Mevo to using OBS Studio. Vimeo’s plan that supported multistreaming for something other than a Mevo was $75/month, so I started to look for alternatives.

Response from Castr

Replied May 2021

Hey Butler, Thank you for the wonderful positive feedback, your feedback means a lot to us.

FREDY from ORG. DAVID HORMACHEA

CASTE IS TO MAKE OUR WORK SIMPLE AND GOOD

We resolve the multistreaming public conferences without LOGOS and PUBLICITY of the multistreaming service provider to a low price.

Pros

We are make broadcasting to social networks (You Tube and Facebook live). We work as follow: I am in Colombia and take remote control of the video production swicth in California, USA. We use OBS, and select the most near server in CA. Simply, it's very fast and the connection is excelent. In another situations, when [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] trave to South América (as in Chile) we use Castr.io as efficient as in USA.

Cons

One time broadcasting from Chile, we had problems with USA/CA server losting a lot of frames, and inmediately use an emergency site in Sao Paulo, BR, but affecting the socials network broadcasting for fifteen minutes (long tiem for us). We searche for help reporting post-troubleshooting, but the answer to understand, arrived so later. :-( I think that if we can have a backup server with automatic failover jump, we could avoid those embarrashed situations.

Reasons for Choosing Castr

Cheaper alternative, efficient an reliable (I was work with castr.io as operator in another job). The options are very intuitive and simple.

Response from Castr

Replied May 2021

Dear Fredy, Thank you so much for taking your valuable time to review us with such wonderful positive feedback. It means a lot to us. We currently have backup ingest for all our All in One plan, we will soon see what can be done for social media streaming. Thanks again

Theresa from St. Catherine's Church

Great value for multi streaming, AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE/SUPPORT

Amazing experiences, high quality customer service reps.

Pros

From the first time we used Castr.io the program has done exactly what we needed for a very very reasonable price. Love the price and even better than cost is customer support. EVERYTIME we have had a question, they have replied nearly instantaneously no matter what time it was!!!!

Cons

This software does exactly what we need, there really are no least likes.

Cost and features

Cost and features

Response from Castr

Replied September 2021

Dear Theresa, Thank you for taking your valuable time for sharing your wonderful feedback. Your simple words mean a lot to us. Happy Streaming :)

Darrell from Grace Life Family Church

Simply Put "The Best"

Overall as soon as I found out about Castr I started the free trial and before it was over we signed up

Pros

It is so easy to set up and use, with very little knowledge about streaming you can be online with your event or weekly services. And it is super easy to train others on who have little to no understanding about live streams.

Cons

It would be nice if it had a setup for Instagram

Great reviews

Ease of use, and cost

Response from Castr

Replied May 2021

Dear Alexander, Thank you for the wonderful feedback, we also wish Instagram allows RTMP ingest soon. We shall keep you informed if they open up. Thanks

Stephen from Occasion Photos

Castr Review

Overall Castr has been excellent and in the few issues I have experienced, customer service has sorted things out very quickly. I have never had my stream cut out. It offers Pull URL at no extra cost on my package which is much cheaper than other similar services.

Pros

Very large range of services to stream to not just the usual Facebook and Youtube. Excellent stream quality Relatively low latency Recording of streams Pull URL functionality

Cons

Castr needs to have more data information. During and post streaming we need to see broadcast stats

Reasons for Switching to Castr

At the time Castr was completely free and Restream was a chargeable service. Once Castr started to charge I was very happy to stay with them as they are still cheaper and offer a reliable, quality service.

Response from Castr

Replied January 2020

Hey Stephan, Thanks for the fantastic feedback, your cons mean a lot to us. We are continually developing, and for sure, we can try to get your requirements in phase very soon. Thanks for your valuable support and relationship with us.

Charles from Southside Community Church

Best Value and Customer Service

We had a specialized schedule and budget for Dedicated Live Streaming and the Castr Staff went out of their way to really listen and customize a solution for us that met all of our goals and constraints. The Software and Streaming Service is ROCK SOLID and when you combine that with the truly best customer service and pricing, it is the Best Decision we could make.

Pros

Very easy to setup and operate. No experience needed. It walks you through each step and then remembers everything you set so the next time you log in it is ready with one click. Great stats. Great plug ends. The Best Customer service. It is Rock Solid and never crashes.

Cons

It is clear that the Castr product development team not only has a lot of experience but listens to what people need and then writes it into the software. I use it every week and I can not find a con. It is so refined and user friendly.

Reasons for Choosing Castr

The Castr Staff really listened and worked to make a solution that was just what we needed and at a price we could afford.

Response from Castr

Replied January 2020

Hey Charles, Thanks for the fantastic feedback, your words encourage us to work harder and develop new technologies more confidently. Thanks for your valuable support.

Kenny from Home Church Scotland

Good quality re-streaming service, with excellent customer support

We originally used a different re-streaming service, which was more expensive. But when we realised that they branded their name into our video comments, it made that service untenable for us. I looked around and found Castr - it was 100% compatile with our streaming setup, better value for money, and is super easy to setup and use.

Pros

Castr is easy to setup and use, and has proven to be very reliable.

Cons

There's not much I don't like. If I had to chose, I'd say I would like to see more analytics. But that's just being picky!

Reasons for Choosing Castr

Castr was the best fit. I tested them by asking a genuine support question (would they brand our video comments) and they replied in person within minutes.

Reasons for Switching to Castr

Restream were more expensive, and they add their name to your video comments. This option can only be removed by paying for a much more expensive tier. Castr on the other hand do not ever brnad your video or comments with their name.

Response from Castr

Replied May 2021

Hey Millar, Thank you so much for such kind words and for supporting us all the way. Your words give us the boost we need to come out with more innovative ideas.

Timothy from Timcade

A solid product

Castr has made it very easy to stream to both Mixer and Twitch at the same time. By pulling my Mixer feed, it simplifies my Twitch stream output.

Pros

Ease of use and UI were pretty superior to other products (namely restream)

Cons

I wish it had fully combined chats, and a chat bot would be ideal (cross-platform but one central UI for commands, timers, etc)

Reasons for Choosing Castr

Castr had the set I wanted.

Reasons for Switching to Castr

Restream was subpar in terms of reliability.

Response from Castr

Replied January 2020

Hey Timothy, Happy to read your wonderful feedback, I have taken note of your comments and I assure you that we will soon be out with a new chat module. Happy Streaming :)

Mauricio from Rede TVT

Great service!

We user Castr to deliver our content 24/7 to different platforms, it makes our workflow much simpler, we save internet bandwidth and hardware stress

Pros

We use this service daily and this is already part of our workflow! It offers a clever alternative to slow internet connection when one need to stream to various channels and is very easy to use.

Cons

As it is part of our workflow any instability in the service have an impact in our multi transmissions

Reasons for Choosing Castr

Some friends recommended and after a quick research we decided for Castr

Response from Castr

Replied January 2020

Hey Mauricio, Thank you for such a fantastic review, your comments mean a lot to us. Happy Streaming :)

Osama from Dbtv

Industry: Broadcast Media

Good feature with reasonable price

Good so far

Pros

Low rate cdn services

Cons

We can't change email address a d some other options unless we ask support to do that on our behalf

Reasons for Choosing Castr

Because of pricing and more offers

Reasons for Switching to Castr

I did not switch, i use both but castr is much better

Response from Castr

Replied January 2020

Hey Osama, Thanks for the wonderful feedback, I understand your issue but we have placed such limitation in order to prevent random users from misusing the trial services. I hope you can understand.

Eugene from SatelliteAV, LLC

Really better than sliced bread.

I signed up with Castr when a friend of mine needed to add few more points to his stream. I was ever happy and added to the maximum available services.

Pros

The combination of ingest points, ability to add platforms and ease of use makes this product a swiss knife of streaming and video delivery.

Cons

The software is still having challenges when integrating with extremely proprietary Facebook and few other restrictive services. Everyone wishes a little bit more support with them. Also, castr should allow to increase the number of services a la carte.

Reasons for Choosing Castr

I think castr makes the ui and simplicity attractive and it's easier to use.

Response from Castr

Replied May 2021

Dear Eugene, Thank you so much for supporting us all along and for the wonderful positive feedback.

Anu from Education Management

Very Good restream and multistream alternative

Pros

It's cheap The site is fluid and quite easy to setup You get an RTMP link of your stream, which is good for rebroadcasting. Lag time is so impressively little; close to FTL. On the whole it is a very good restream option, competes well with any other out there, and is a good value for money. You'd probably never want to switch once you get in.

Cons

Video quality can be better. There is quite noticeable difference in the quality of the feed or video when streaming directly to the external platform, say YouTube. I don't know what Castr does - maybe a recompression or other messing around with the bits and bytes. I have told them about this quite a while ago.

Response from Castr

Replied January 2020

Hey Anu, Thank you for your valuable feedback, we are constantly developing and I am sure that your issues will be solved real soon. We do not do any modifications to both incoming and outgoing streams we get.

Brian from Capture Control

New Compression Technology, TV station in a box.

Castr has serviced our needs to reach not only our community, but parts of the world. We reach South Africa, and Europe. Our stream is never dropped, we broadcast for 1 1/2 hours.

Pros

BoxCaster is cloud based platform, for live streaming. Has it's own ethernet connection. Set up is easy, you don't need that super expensive computer. Can start a stream from your iPad or IPhone. Our muliti camera HDMI mixer fits right into one side. Best of all the BoxCater has Audio Gain Control. Our sound person is very happy what we here is what is sent out. This is a TV station in a box 4 x 3 inchs. We also use the service to broadcast to facebook and youtube. Now they have a live chat system which is managed by the developers. The level of service is outstanding.

Cons

No aspect of this product is difficult. It fit effortlessly into our demands.

Reasons for Choosing Castr

Ease of operation and dependable service. One stop shopping

Reasons for Switching to Castr

Did not live up to the description. involved other software, carries and computer's

Response from Castr

Replied September 2021

Dear Brian, Thank you for taking your valuable time for sharing your wonderful feedback. Your simple words mean a lot to us. Happy Streaming :)

David from Life Community Church

Such great service!

From start to finish we've had an excellent experience. The online chat was so supportive in answering initial questions and concerns. Also the service is widely used and supported, meaning there's loads of online content on YouTube that can get you up and running in minutes. Castr is reliable and affordable so we highly recommend it (and especially for live streaming church services).

Pros

The best thing is it's ease of use. We got up and running really quickly. It's so reliable!

Cons

I didn't like the fact that to pre-schedule content we had a low limit of 2GB when our content can be 1 hour long. However the support team advised us to use Handbrake which reduces video file sizes, making this usable for us

Reasons for Choosing Castr

As a charity, it's important that our church uses products and services which are affordable. The service we chose allowed us to multi-stream to upto 10 destinations as well as to pre-schedule (premiere) content which was important to us. We were offered the price for individuals (even though an organisation) because we are a charity which made this product a leader price-wise.

Response from Castr

Replied May 2021

Dear David, Thank you so much for the positive feedback, your simple words and support mean a lot to us.

Wayne from Choice Media Network

My Professional review of Castr

So far, re-streaming to multiple platforms without stressing my computer and internet bandwidth on a daily basis with that ease of use and quick to connect to all my destinations makes using Castr worth it.

Pros

For me, after searching the web and looking at all the Re-streaming software available out there, Castr's price point was the best value for money. It's ease of use and simple user interface also made buying this software a no-brainer.

Cons

can't think of any right now but i would maybe add the ability to do simple graphic overlays from the dashboard, per destination. So for destination 1, i can say add a custom graphic bug, and 2 another different custom overlay etc.

Reasons for Choosing Castr

again, value for moneyt and ease of use.

Reasons for Switching to Castr

less stress on vmix and someone else is handling the restreaming whiles i deal with switching.

Response from Castr

Replied May 2021

Dear Wayne, Thank you so much for taking your valuable time to review us with such wonderful positive feedback. It means a lot to us. Thanks again.

Timothy from Esport Battlefield International

Industry: Security and Investigations

Easy to use streaming server

Pros

The user interface is very easy to use and clear from beginning on, there is not much that one can do wrong when using Castr.io. We are using Castr.io for our live stream productions without any problems, the latency is great and the fact they have servers around the globe allows for stable streams even from the US to Europe, etc. For our usage, Castr.io is perfect as it offers everything we need and nothing more on a stable, easy to use platform.

Cons

I did notice some little bugs with Castr.io (such as with the cloud recording) which I reported to the customer service back then and haven't heard back, but other than that everything works just fine for our usage. The only other point of criticism is the slightly unflexible pricing with pre-defined packages. I feel like in the cloud-server-days it would be a lot easier for everyone to be able to scale up and down the servers based on the requirements and not being locked into a specific plan with certain limits.

Response from Castr

Replied January 2020

Hey Timothy, Thank you for the wonderful feedback, I heard your comments and I assure you that we will rectify your issues asap. We do have not any contracts, so you may scale up and down your operations based on your usage anytime. Please reach out to our support if you face any difficulties and we would be really happy to assist you.

Richard from Sound 4 Pro Audio

Industry: Broadcast Media

Great product and extremely good value for money.

We are very pleased with the overall experience of Castr, it has been easy to set up and use within our business, even for those that are not really technically minded, not that you have to be technically minded to use it ! Very happy with it and would highly recommend to anyone who needed a multiple stream software option.

Pros

It is very easy to set up and deploy this software. Linking Social accounts was easy with Castr and it worked straight away. The new Desktop App makes it even easier to deploy.

Cons

At this moment in time we don't have any Cons about this product to be honest, its just works !

Reasons for Choosing Castr

Price with the numerous options available on the platform. Easy to upgrade / downgrade as and when required.

Cost

Response from Castr

Replied August 2021

Dear Richard, Thank you for taking your valuable time for sharing your wonderful feedback. Your simple words mean a lot to us. Happy Streaming :)

Elizabeth from MZBC

excellent with room for improvement

Overall, I love Castr and was not upset when it became a pay service. $10 is an excellent amount to spend on the service I am receiving.

Pros

It is an inexpensive and simple way to stream to YouTube and Facebook

Cons

I have issues directly connecting to YouTube and had to use customer service to get a work around. However, the product still works. Also occasionally there seems to be some sound distortion and interference that happens when the signal gets to Castr. It is possible that Castr is not the cause of the issue but it is impossible for me to tell.

Price

Response from Castr

Replied January 2020

Hey Elizabeth, Thanks for the wonderful feedback, as far as we checked with the backend team there are no issues on the current services, but I assure you that I will make them double-check on your account and see if any issues are present and rectify the same. Happy Streaming :)

Pathom from Studio Invate

Good and Easy to Use Help to Broadcast Smoother

-it good and use able every day -can make you multi viewer easliy

Pros

-You can use very day -It Stable Signal for Live Events

Cons

-I want Delay functions on server of castr

Reasons for Choosing Castr

Easy to use with key and url

It Expensive

Response from Castr

Replied May 2021

Thank you Kangwanpiboon, for your valuable feedback.

Olu from Breath of Life Fellowship

Great option to multi stream event

Pros

It just works. We have been using it for almost two years to stream out weekend services on Facebook and YouTube and apart for some minor issues early on it has worked great. It also doesn’t add much delay to the stream.

Cons

Not having a mobile app for monitoring or being able to monitor the video and audio from mobile browser within the castr dashboard.

Reasons for Choosing Castr

Initially we chose castr because it provided what was needed but was cheaper.

Reasons for Switching to Castr

Castr was free at the time.

Response from Castr

Replied January 2020

Hey Olu, Thank you for the wonderful feedback, we are working on mobile apps and soon it will be out with a better interface.

Nik from 4g-livestream

Castr is great .. but...

Castr is very Good in service and there product.

Pros

Easy, good and fast many options Work around is nice and the support is fast.

Cons

Some very important features are very expensive. For professional

Reasons for Switching to Castr

better features ,perfect support and nice price

Response from Castr

Replied January 2020

Hey Nik, Thank you for your wonderful feedback, we offer the best pricing in the market when compared to others. We constantly work on developing new features to provide to clients.

Jake from Heartland Worship Center

Best Multi-streaming Out There!

When looking for a solutions to livestream to both Facebook and YouTube, we came across Castr and it solved all of our issues. We love the fact that it doesn't required you to put any of their branding in the descriptions (even though, we gladly would) and that the stream looks great on both sites.

Pros

Adding your platforms to Castr is easy as 1, 2, 3. Their no fuse way of adding platforms makes it so easy to do that I had it done within 3 minutes.

Cons

Everything is great! I haven't encountered any issues.

Reasons for Switching to Castr

The price of the other platform and the fact that you are locked down into what they want for your descriptions and where you can multi-stream too was a killer for us.

Response from Castr

Replied January 2020

Hey Jake, Thank you for your valuable time and feedback, your words encourage us to work much smarter. Happy Streaming :)

Joseph from Musings Rants and Guitars

Easy to use and makes multi-streaming very easy

We are an interview and review type channel on YouTube and Facebook, we had a few well known artists that we had some buffering issues before we used Castr, and it was frustrating and embarrassing. Once we went with Castr we have not had any issues with delays, buffering or drops since. We love the service.

Pros

We had tried multistreaming from our own software/hardware, but the bandwidth usage was just not enough, constantly having buffereing issues and drops, using Castr we have no delays or buffering, our weekly show goes off without a hitch.

Cons

Would love a direct way to stream to Instagram, which honestly they may have already

Reasons for Choosing Castr

Price was very good, Castr did everting I wanted and easily.

Response from Castr

Replied May 2021

Hi Joseph, Thank you for such wonderful feedback, your simple words mean a lot to us. Happy Streaming :)

Arjay from Jalmaani Media

Castr is Amazing!

Pros

The greatest thing about Castr is its low latency. This has been great for the live broadcasts we do in order to interact with the audience with less lag!

Cons

Downloading the recoded media doesn't have a proper timestamp.

Reasons for Switching to Castr

The price to use Restream was significantly higher than Castr and doesn't offer the same amount of features. In addition, Castr has servers in Los Angeles, unlike Restream, which drastically reduced our latency.

Response from Castr

Replied January 2020

Hey Arjay, Thank you for the fantastic review, I have noted your comment and I assure you that we will do the needful very soon.

Andrew from Palm Valley Baptist Church

Easy and Inexpensive

Castr has been very consistent. It is easy to configure and makes broadcasting to multiple platforms an easy task without eating up bandwidth. The cheaper price point met my needs and my budget.

Pros

Castr was simple to get set up and was cheaper than most other options.

Cons

Castr fits my needs pretty well, so there isn't really anything that I would change about it.

Reasons for Choosing Castr

Castr was cheaper. The cheapest plan fit my needs rather than paying more for bells and whistles that I didn't need.

Response from Castr

Replied May 2021

Dear Andrew, Thank you so much for taking your valuable time to review us with such wonderful positive feedback. It means a lot to us. Thanks again.

Vincent from Private Air Media Group

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

All Things Aviation & Aerospace

Pros

Castr is relatively easy to use and understand.

Cons

I generally like the product overall for my purpose.

Reasons for Switching to Castr

Castr is easier to work with.

Response from Castr

Replied May 2021

Dear Vincent, Thank you so much for taking your valuable time to review us with such wonderful positive feedback. It means a lot to us. Thanks again.

Robin from Tony Bruno Show

Industry: Broadcast Media

Absolutely best deal for the money

So far so good. Pricing is my main concern right now and this does what it needs to do. Not a lot of bells and whistles.....it just restreams the feed and it does it consistently with no issues. Which is great.

Pros

Very consistent video quality and uses very little bandwidth to run. The cost is WAY below other options out there.

Cons

Had quite a bit of difficulty getting the settings right on my outgoing streaming software to accommodate the various destinations as Castr doesn't do any restream "tweeking", which some other sites do. I also would have liked to be able to set a general "Title" & "Info" per show which is not an option right now.

Price

Response from Castr

Replied January 2020

Hi Robin, Thank you for your valuable support and feedback, the metadata change is now available for a few platforms and soon we will have them for all.

Hemanth from Austin Hindu Temple

Quick deployment for multistream

We use Castr to multisream temple live streams to Yt and FB channels. used it for more than a year with no issues. seemless integration with OBS.

Pros

We use OBS studio to live stream our temple events daily since march of 2020, and relaying the stream to Facebook and Youtube simultaneously is very simple with Castr.

Cons

None that I can think of in the software. I would love for an auto-renewal or at least a renewal reminder instead of just stopping service at end of the 1 year plan. that was the only issue I had.

It fits our needs.

Response from Castr

Replied June 2021

Hey Hemanth, Thanks for taking your valuable time in sharing your feedback with us. Your simple words mean a lot to us. I have personally noted down your concern and will ensure proper steps are taken. Happy Streaming :)

Demetrios from Saint Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church

Religious Livestreaming

Castr provides a great service, with good support at the right price.

Pros

Easy to implement. Easy to use. Extremely versatile. Right price.

Cons

As far a the product goes I have not found any Cons. The only minor con I have is it would be great if they had phone support. They only have text support which is great, but phone would have been better at certain times.

Ease of use and price.

Response from Castr

Replied November 2021

Dear Demetrios, Thank you for taking your valuable time for sharing your wonderful feedback. Your simple words mean a lot to us. We have noted your request for phone support and we shall work on the same soon. Happy Streaming :)

Adam from IU

Solid quality. Good value

Efficiently managed and distributed educational content

Pros

Lots of good features that others charge a lot more for

Cons

Support are pretty good, though have the habit of attempting to answer questions without understanding/clarifying

Reasons for Choosing Castr

Better features and overall value

Response from Castr

Replied December 2021

Dear Adam, Thank you for taking your valuable time for sharing your wonderful feedback. Your simple words mean a lot to us, we will improve our support even further. Happy Streaming :)

Vinay from Edupulse Media Pvt Ltd

Nice and economic multicasting and video solution

Pros

Easy to set up and integrates with over 30 social media platforms, the pricing also is very competitive.

Cons

Nothing to mention, I like the features as is and look forward to further iterations of this tool

Reasons for Choosing Castr

Better features and pricing!

Response from Castr

Replied May 2021

Hey Vinay, Thank you for taking your valuable time to share this wonderful feedback. Your simple words mean a lot to us. Happy Streaming :)

Paul from PLYMRPH

Cheap option for multi-streaming but packs a punch

Castr helped me multi-stream and reach more audience for a very low price.

Pros

Ease of use and a really cheap option for multi-streaming.

Cons

Multi-chat relay not as useful. Could also use a better analytics dashboard.

Too expensive.

Response from Castr

Replied January 2020

Hey Paul, Thanks for your valuable feedback, I have read your comment and for sure we will be re-working on the chat module very soon. Thanks for your valuable support

Andrew from Christian Life Center

Has Potential and Room for Improvement!

I came into Castr wanting to do one thing: upload about 10-12 videos, schedule them to air at different days/times, and make sure it's all automated.

Pros

I loved how easy it was to set up their Scheduled Stream (as that was my primary reason for starting the free trial and purchasing the Broadcast X2 plan). I was able to connect my desired social media platforms, select the day/time, upload the video file, and let Castr do the rest!

Cons

The biggest issue I had with Castr was the limitations of their Scheduler. Don't get me wrong, it works flawlessly but the caveat was that I could only schedule one video on one day at one time. I wish I could upload several videos, schedule each to air at different days/times, and let it run. I hope to see that in the future because that's the only reason why I'm not using the service anymore.

Reasons for Choosing Castr

Cost efficiency. They are one of the most affordable in the streaming game to do what we needed to do effectively.

Response from Castr

Replied May 2021

Hey Andrew, Thank you for the wonderful feedback, as suggested we have come out with All in One plan where users can upload various files and arrange the same. Feel free to test it out and let us know.

Dougal from Inner Ear Ltd.

Solid, reliable and versatile

Our experience with Castr has been excellent. They solved a big problem for us. Their customer care is brilliant and they are friendly, helpful and resourceful. I readily recommend them to people and always enjoy using the service.

Pros

The ability to schedule pre-recorded video as love streams is a game changer for us. Castr even created a custom plan so we could schedule multiple concurrent as live streams. The interface is simple, clean and easy to use. The service is robust and reliable.

Cons

We have occasionally found the native integrations to some platforms needed several attempts to connect but we got around this by using custom RTMP instead. That was probably more to do with the other platforms than Castr. Some more transport controls for playing pre-recorded content could be useful but that not essential at all. The main thing is, it just works.

Reasons for Choosing Castr

Castr's scheduling of pre-recorded content worked flawlessly whereas the others didn't.

Response from Castr

Replied May 2021

Dear Dougal, Thank you so much for taking your valuable time to review us with such wonderful positive feedback. It means a lot to us. Thanks again.

Terry from Open Entertainment Inc.

Castr

Overall before the switch there are not enough good things to say about Castr and I sure hope they at least say with the core of simulcasting and let those who just need that get that.

Pros

This platform is one of the easiest I have every used. Straight forward and very flexible. Limitless streaming to almost every platform known

Cons

When they switched to live streaming and went away from their core business which was simulcasting. Pricing went up and it changed how we look at the platform

Function and price

Response from Castr

Replied May 2021

Dear Patricio, Thank you so much for taking your valuable time to share such wonderful positive feedback, your simple words mean a lot to us. We love to support both multistreaming and live streaming, both of them together make a strong product. Thanks,