Browse Freemake Video Converter Reviews

John Ovie from Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Nigeria.

Best Compressed and Video Converter Ever!

I had a particular video on my personal computer that has eaten up about 2% of my Hard Drive of 320GB, but I can’t delete it due to its importance. I came across this software and utilize its full capabilities. I was able to compress this video of 6.3GB to 720MB, the quality was still top notch. It was exceptional.

Pros

I love the App original quality and performance. I have downloaded over 20 Video compressing Apps, but they all failed. I use it a lot to compress and reduce volume of large size videos to portable size on my device. It efficiently convert video to many range of formats without visible loss of quality, consequently freeing up device storage for that same file.

Cons

I notice the speed of compression of the last update is slow, I suggest the developers try increasing it. I wouldn’t want to waste lots of time on a single file.

Best video converter

converts video to other formats

Pros

Freemake video converter is a video converter app. it converts video to various formats like Mp3, AVI, Android, Iphone , DVD , Mp3 and others . it is a free software. we can download videos from youtube and modify them to MP3, AVI. we can also burn dvd using this software. it also supports trimmimg , joinning and rotation of clips

Cons

there is nothing i dislike with freenake video converter

Fabio from Istituto Scolastico Sottocorno

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Buon prodotto, pessima assistenza clienti

Senza troppe lodi e con qualche infamia.

Pros

Nulla da dire sulle funzionalità del software, anche se ora ci sono tantissimi siti che offrono gratuitamente le stesse funzioni. E' comunque un software versatile e semplice da utilizzare.

Cons

engono implementate man mano nuove funzioni che vanno installate e di cui viene poi richiesto un pagamento. In sostanza non so se davvero consiglierei l'acquisto di questo software se non per un uso smodato dello stesso. Dopo aver utilizzato il software a distanza di circa un anno, mi diceva che dovevo acquistare la versione a pagamento, cosa che ho fatto. Mi sono poi subito accorto di avere ancora la chiave di licenza vecchia precedentemente acquistata. L'ho inserita e funzionava perfettamente. Ho chiesto il rimborso della nuova licenza, visto che era doppia e intestata alla stessa persona e acquistata per un errore del software, e mi hanno risposto due volte molto freddamente che non era previsto il rimborso. La trovo una pratica assolutamente scorretta.

Marcos from Atenea Producciones C.A

Freemake Video Converter experience

Very good option to convert videos and music easily and very fast and very good value for money. Excellent

Pros

I like Freemake Video Converter, you can download it from the provider's page, it is very easy to install, its interface is very intuitive for basic users and without much experience in video and audio editing, I like this software because it recognizes many formats of video and audio and the convercion is very simple, I use it to download audios and videos from youtube with the web pack version and then to convert them into mp4 or mp3, actually very complete

Cons

Actually I have nothing bad to say about this software, the only thing I would have to say for being a Free software has the Mark when you convert and create videos but nothing to worry about

Convert Your Videos using Freemake Video Converter

I recommend this software for any user.

Pros

I have used Freemake Video Converter for several years. Sometimes we film the process of an experiment we perform in the laboratory using different cameras and cell phones. To reduce the size of video clips and change the format of them, I use Freemake Video Converter. It is simple and quick. You can process so many file formats using this software. I think it is software needed in any PC.

Cons

I think it is an application that works well in its field. Maybe adding some other formats to its features would be the best.

Magnus from Okadabooks

Industry: Publishing

Still the most convenient converter out there

Freemake is not free but it is the simplest conversion tool out there

Pros

Freemake is the most basic video conversion tool I have used so far. Other conversion tools are usually a lot heavier with so many distracting features but Freemake lets you import your videos, trim and merge, add subtitles and convert to any format you want. If you're not sure what format to use then select the corresponding devices - You can convert for windows (WMV) or for Youtube.

Cons

Although advertised for free, Freemake is not free. You would have to pay for a license key for upgrade to use some features and enhancements such as Watermark removal. Gosh, I hate watermarks on my videos

Great versatility for a freeware software.

As a composer for film i am constantly dealing with different formats and resolutions. Freemake has become a really strong tool to convert them to the right format to work on them.

Pros

Freemake supports all the common and quite a bunch of less common video files, making it a really versatile tool. Translation to different resolutions works flawless. The user interface is simple and very easily accessible with its drag and drop functions.

Cons

Freemake unfortunately is only available for Windows users. A version for Mac would be highly appreciated!

David from Université de Montréal

Review of freemake

Freemake allowed us to quickly convert videos for our users.

Pros

Freemake video converter as its name says it is a useful converter to convert big videos into smaller ones to be shared via different drives.

Cons

Since a change of version, the conversion are all done with a watermark at the bottom of the screen with the free version.

Richard from Vidmark Productions

Freemake works - sometimes

Converter is excellent, the rest is very clumsy as it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. The YouTube uploader does not work at all and getting it fixed is impossible as their support is terrible. The YouTube downloader also only works with "some" YouTube videos, not others, but I have not been able to determine why some work and some don't.

Pros

The converter works like a charm. Upgraded, it is quick and it never fails, without the upgrade it is a bit slow.

Cons

The YouTube uploader does not work and the support for it is disastrous. |I have yet to receive a proper answer to the YouTube issue even though I have, on numerous occasions, submitted logfiles to them as a last resort (as per their FAQ Fix process)

JUAN MARTIN from Beatriz Lalinde Abogados S.A.S

Review from my experience

This software alows me to merge files, and make them lighter in order to upload on the web or host, according to my tasks. I manage may files and weekly I have to save them or share and this platform do it better

Pros

I consider this software successfull for my personal purpouses, because in my job y must convert many videos o audios, and this is the only tool that I use to do it better.

Cons

Sometimes this product has problems when you try to upload files, because you can not drag them using the cursor.

Thomas from Self-employed

Fair but disingenuous video conversion software

When I used it a lot a few years ago, this software was actually free. It's still advertised as completely free, but you'll quickly find there's not much you can do in the program without paying. Then they have the gall to offer a $40/month subscription. You can actually buy a lifetime licence for the program for $60, so the fact they even offer that subscription option is very unfriendly. And this is the kind of software where if you open the payment screen, then close it, it usually offers you a big discount. Essentially this is fine software, and I would say worth $30-$60, but these money-making tactics are extremely nasty.

Pros

It has many format options, and allows you to perform pretty much every video conversion function that you'll ever want as a casual user.

Cons

The false advertising (it is not actually free). The user interface is a little dated at this point.

Goran from Zagreb iTV

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

A good free video converter

We have a client that can only play a certain format on their media player they use to review the commissioned videos and Freemake is how we do it. It is very easy to use it and we always use the same setting for that conversion so it is very streamlined. I can happily recommend Freemake Video Converter to anyone who needs to convert video formats.

Pros

Freemake is great when you need to quickly change format of your product. It is quick and easy to use and has all the right features, including the ability to hardcode subtitles, which I always found very useful.

Cons

I had issues with Freemake sometimes crashing in the conversion process on certain filetypes. While it was inconvenient, it was nothing that would happen often. I also think that the latest updates dealt with that as I haven't had that issue for a while.

Reasons for Switching to Freemake Video Converter

Freemake has more features that the free version of Any Video.

Bruce from Lakshmi Voelker Chair Yoga

Amazing video converter at extremely great price!

Freemake Video Converter gives us the tool we need to support our online business needs. Fast, inexpensive, and works well.

Pros

We record lots of videos as part of our online Teacher Training work. This video needs to be quickly trimmed and then converted to as small a file as possible for distribution to our clients.

Cons

None that come to mind other than having more editing features. The product is easy to use and fast using minimal computer resources.

Malissa from White Castle

Industry: Restaurants

I love using FreeMake

beautiful videos everytime i play with Freemake when im using it as an editor. And well the kids love it as a convertor..

Pros

Easy to Use everything is really out there easy to read and access. The results feel like your a pro.

Cons

The Price ! The updated version yes has got better and alot more expensive than it was , But it was great even back then.

The most consistent Video Converter!

Freemake Video Converter has been up to date with any feature addition, like trimming video or cropping it as well. Also, it has been my consistent Video Converter for last 5 years in the field of media production.

Pros

The feature of reducing file size manually up to certain limit is a life saver for me. Whenever I have a restriction of file size due to any reason and still have to present a HD video to client, this feature is really handy and really appropriate.

Cons

Sometimes the audio video sync problem occurred after the conversion a while back but that might have been some audio codec issue as well or Freemake might have solved this in their recent update as well.

Patti from Messengers of the Spirit

SUBSCRIPTION NOT AUTHORIZED

None. It is the software package I used to make my DVD's but will not continue using it if I have to pay $59.95 a month for the privilege. I am volunteering my services to my church and certainly do not want to incur a monthly expense to provide a free service. I want a refund of the $59.95 taken from my PayPal account without authorization. I did not know I was using a free trial. I thought the software was totally free to download and use and the features such as the Gold Pack needed to be purchased. If I had known I was signing up for an exorbitant monthly subscription, I would have deleted the program immediately.

Pros

I liked the features and used them to make videos for my church's Sunday morning services. Then I made a video and needed to have the black bars removed as it was filmed on my phone in portrait rather than landscape mode. The black bar removal did not work after I purchased it. I had to purchase another software package that would actually change the orientation of the video and the aspect ratio which Freemake would not let me do.

Cons

I purchased a feature (Gold Pack $29.95) thinking it would help me change the orientation of my iPhone video. It did not but I was frantic to get the video made so took a chance that Freemake's feature would help with that. It did not as it would not let me change the aspect ratio of the video from portrait to landscape.

An easy tool for fast transformation of both video and audio formats

Pros

I installed this software to solve a problem at one point: then I couldn't uninstall it, I kept using it. This way with this tool I have been able to quickly solve a change of video or audio format to make a delivery, receive some task from a student or to adapt it to the need for some other software. Through the Video Editing Window you can trim or rotate them easily before making any transformation.

Cons

I've only used it with low size video and audio files and, in these conditions, this software works perfectly.

Gabriel from American Kpo

Excellent for Converting your videos

Well first of all there are many formats that my DVD does not read them and with freemaker I can convert the movie that is of my preference and can see it on my television.

Pros

Freemaker allows you to convert videos from MPEG, MP3, MP4, WMV, APPLE, AVI, DVD, Highly recommended to shorten videos and edit them in the following formats and change the size of the video you want to convert or edit.

Cons

When you have.the version.free the application.places a watermark in the movie that is quite annoying, as well as converting the videos to any format usually takes too much time converting them.

Hayden from Freelancer

Freemake Video Converter: Converting with options

Pros

There are a plethora of features with this product that make it an attractive buy. It allows ripping and burning of both DVDs and Blu Rays, converting to 4k and full HD online, uploading to YouTube, embedding to websites. It's a variety of useful tools in one for your conversion needs. It also happens to be incredibly fast, saving you time in the process while allows options such as choosing between 500+ formats! That's incredible. Also, you can buy the gold version, or simple get basic access for free.

Cons

There is no version for mobile phones. When installing, it sneakily tries to lull you into installing Conduit search toolbar and SweetPacks adware detector, keeping the opt out option in gray, which some users may think isn't an available as an option. Those sneaky business decisions are a turn-off for me, but it can be overlooked.

Kevin from Valerus

Industry: Oil & Energy

Great and efficient product!

Pros

first, there is a free version, so that's a huge plus. Like its predecessor, video downloader, you can actually pull and reencode even from online hosts like youtube. The encoding and converting of video is lightening fast offline also. I've yet to throw a format at it that it cannot handle, even some exotic ones. It includes some light tools as well, like cutting and such. Even burns to BD-R!

Cons

I wish it included a few more editing tools, but that's a minor issues as I just do it in final cut pro.

peter from corporatemate associates

freemake video converter

am an entreprenuer , and in most i do download videos from youtube for presentations and tutorial examples, those videos does not play on some players, and thats when i convert them using freemake video converter.

Pros

It converts videos in real-time, it have a multi video formart

Cons

it converts videos in various playable formats.

Kadafi from Printcom Solusi

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Satisfied

When i have a task to made any video sample, this software always help me when i want to change the video format so the video files can be send to other in any format.

Pros

This software is very easy to use.. Can convert any video files from any format, very helpful on my activity.

Cons

The GUI should more look trendy so many people can be interested.

Don from William S Hart Union High School District

Freemake Video Converter

This is the easiest to use video trimmer I have ever used. It is also great for converting video to almost any format.

Pros

I was looking for a software that could easily trim videos. Most software I found would only trim from the beginning or the end of video. This software allows me to trim out as many segments of the video that I want. It also allows the video to be downloaded in many different formats.

Cons

I used to the free version that would give me a watermark at the end. The free version has removed a lot of features making it almost impossible to use without paying for it. The paid subscription is reasonable if you plan on using it consistently.

Ron from Agape Church of Christ

Love this product

Converts and edits easily

Pros

very inexpensive and converts video, audio quickly and efficiently. I use this all the time and am impressed with it.

Cons

Sometimes slow, but edits well. It does need tuning for areas such as editing but if you have time it works fine.

Reyanne from Self employed

Awesome video converter!

Pros

This software does exactly what it says it will do! It converts videos easily and they have many different video codecs to choose from so that all of your needs are met! It also has many other features and capabilities that are useful to any video editor.

Cons

This software is practical for any person to use. However, the speed of conversion could be better because it is rather slow.

Rivky from Media

Very simple easy to use

It was very handy to compress videos or change video formats. Even good for quick edit.

Pros

Simple and easy to use. Fast processing.

Cons

I used when it was free recently it cost so I moved to handbrake which is more complicated but free. Could compress files a bit smaller then it does

Linwood from GameCargo

A fantastic alternative to rendering multiple videos!

We would normally render multiple video types for our clients using Sony Vegas Pro, however, after discovering Freemake Video Converter, we decided to rely on that software as it has been very consistent with high-quality video outputs, along with subtitle options and various formats that we use in the industry.

Pros

The conversion speed is incredible and there have been little-to-no errors with the videos that we've outputted.

Cons

Unfortunately, requires a lot of CPU from our computers, which is why when we are converting one of our longer videos, we typically shy away from using any other program on the machine.

Debjit from Alpana Web Solutions

Really free and light video converter and downloader.

Freemake does what It adverticse. I just put playlist they are downloaded in MP3 Format. It just workes.

Pros

I used this software to conver the YT and VIMEO video to mp3 for my offline listen, it just workes. It just have few features whchih all are working. Download depends on internet speed and can be controlled. And supports upload to gDrive which is another good option.

Cons

To edit (crop/cut) video I have to use another aplication, I would like to see downloder and converter in a same programme.

Siddharth from House of Anita Dongre Ltd.

Very nice experience with this application

This software help me to covert videos.

Pros

Free of cost freemake convert a large number of videos to the most recent and popular video formats & work is over it will switch it off too.

Cons

The computer becomes working slow when video converting started. Sometime software was crash if video quality is high.

If you can figure out what paid options you need (and get them cheap) this is a good product

I was able to burn DVDs and also subtitles with the purchase of two packs, and managed to get them as one-off purchases not a subscription, which meant I was able to accomplish the tasks I needed without paying too much. Overall that's a positive experience, although had I not been careful and waited to see what offers they had, I might have paid a lot more.

Pros

Freemake can assemble video clips into DVD format - I found it hard to find any other reasonably priced product that can do so. It's simple to use and does what it says it does.

Cons

The licensing model is super confusing, and it's tricky to know what combination of "packs" you need to buy in order to get the functionality you need. Additionally, the prices they list on their site are really high, but inside the software they are constantly running promotions and you can get the same features much cheaper.

Gulnar from Private organization

ideal for converting

there are so many video formats for work with them and convert them to other video formats which you want, it is easy and design is good

Free video converter with plenty of configurations

Pros

Despite being a free software, Freemake Video Converter offers numerous options. It lets you choose the format you want to convert your video to from a comprehensive list. In fact, there are more than 500 formats available so whatever device you want to watch or stream your video in, you can be sure that you can find it on Freemake. That's not all though. It also has basic editing tools available so you can be sure that you have a great video. On top of that, you can use it to create slideshows and upload video files to your iPhone.

Cons

There is nothing I do not like about Freemake Video Converter. It is free to use and there are no limitations to its use.

Reasons for Switching to Freemake Video Converter

I only need rudimentary editing and conversion tools.

Tripta from DARTS IT NETWORKS

Great app for Converting video files

Converting videos from one format to another to solve compatibility problems with media players.

Pros

1. Many video formats are supported for conversion. 2. Easy to use and nicely laid out GUI. The options font are clearly visible and large enough.

Cons

Free version has watermarks and the conversion is not that fast. Other than that, a top-notch app for video converting.

Peter from Government Administration

was good....now its not

it was beneficial to most users when original, but now upgrades and IMHO, unethical placement of watermarks and NO ABILITY TO REMOVE watermarks from the conversions their software has already created is a big looser! no more. I'll find other software.

Pros

easy to use, simple commands. good for very basic users and for using you tube and other online captures and conversions.....however....

Cons

latest FREE versions aren't really free. Imprint of watermark on my personal home videos was bad new feature I encountered. Then when seen, purchased Gold Pack, hoping to remove watermark that their software placed on converted video. Now don't have original home video and new PAID version apparently can't even remove its own watermark. So.....overall....now its bad. Too many alternatives to this to use it any longer, even after almost 4 years of 'donating' money to their open source ideals.....humbug freemium software!

Victoria from Writing

Great for Converting Videos and Music

Pros

I like the fact that the software is free, and I find Freemake really easy to use. I mainly use it for converting music, although I've tried it with video too and it works. The quality of the finished result is very good. With video you can change to and from AVI, Apple, WMV and more, and you can also upload directly to YouTube. You can burn on to DVDs too. Videos can be trimmed and you can do things like removing black bars on either side and you can edit your videos before converting them. It is handy having that feature in the same software.

Cons

You have to wait for three days for some of the features (like uploading to YouTube) to be available.

MATHEW from Security & Investigations

Industry: Writing and Editing

Freemake is one of the best video converters

My overall experience with freemake video converter is awesome.

Pros

I have used freemake video converter for several times. It's free and easy to use. It has lot of options to convert videos in different format. I like it.

Cons

I have not found any mentionable negative side of freemake video converter. So I would recommend others to use it.

nchewi from Self-employed

Industry: Writing and Editing

User-friendly interface and easy to use

Pros

Freemake Video Converter is very simple to use, no learning curve whatsoever. It comes really handy for converting both video and audio files from one format to another, and can also be used to compress them as well.

Cons

Nothing to complain about. It lives up to its promise.

Inbaraj from valley digital solutions

Best video editing software

Video conversion to various formats, video trimming and resizing of files.

Pros

Very easy to use and has a lots of features, in other words its a one stop shop for all your video editing needs.

Cons

There is not much to say about the cons, however it would be good if the developers improved the rendering speed and included more formats.

Ryan from Williamson Insurance Services

Easiest way to convert your video files

Easily convert your video files for free!

Pros

This software is pretty easy to use once you figure it out. There seems to be plenty of features that anyone can use.

Cons

It takes a little bit to get comfortable with the software but once you understand how to use it, it's great!

Tamoya from eGov

Free and easy converter

Pros

- It is FREE to download and use -Simple and easy tool -Coverts most video, audio, image formats to all kinds of formats

Cons

Not anything to dislike with Freemake at the moment. It does its job and it free so I cannot complain.

Very good and all in one video converter

converting avi to mp4 and cutting and joining the video

Pros

one can convert any format of video using this software. support 4k and full HD video as well one can burn DVD as well

Cons

so far got nothing to dislike its just awesome

Marilyn from Real Estate

Don't Let them fool you too!!

Overall this is the worse experience I had with the customer service and an application in general. DON"T LET THEM FOOL YOU!! You can get better video converters for less money and a pleasant service.

Pros

I didn't like anything about this program. First, you have to pay for eliminating the brand, then you pay to get the packet to be able to convert. After paying $60 for those two things they didn't work. Computer crashes the same day (not sure if because of this program)and wasn't able to recover it. Downloaded the program in other computer and asked them for the keys I just bought for the computer I crashed. They sent keys that never worked. Tired of asking them for a key that works I asked for my money back since I wasn't able to use the paid program at all. They said the have a non refund policy. Obviously, a NON REFUND POLICY is given only for those who knows their program is a shitty program.

Cons

I wasn't able to use it, but their customer service sucks.

Jason from Parsons Corporation

Simple and Easy interface

Overall, if you want something that you pay for to convert video this is a decent option. Def not for a power user.

Pros

The best thing about this software is the super basic and simple interface. It allows you to do rudimentary editing before converting a video.

Cons

Power users may find it lacking in the features department. It's nice and simple but not exactly what I would consider detailed with tons of extra options.

January 2015

Terry from Terry Smith & Co

January 2015

Great video converter for business

Great video converter for business. It helps to convert video and audio files for presentation for my company. Plus it's great help for uploading numerous videos from video cams to PC /DVD player compatible format. Another useful option is abolity to upload videos to YouTube. We create educational tutorials for end-users and thus, I can edit video in Freemake Video Converter, add music and subtitles and upload it to YouTube straight from the software.

Response from Ellora Assets

Replied January 2015

Thank you Terry for great review of Freemake Video Converter. We're happy that our software helps in your job.

Suzyo from SiqChat

Awesome video converter

it has helped me/us to convert most of the videos taken from the camera so that they can be displayed on different types of devices

Pros

converts my videos to multiple formats without any hustle

Cons

takes time and crashes in some rare cases on my system

Once great, now an also-ran

Was great, now useless

Pros

Wide variety of converting options and quick speed

Cons

I've been using the software for a while now, but the last updates have forced a "freemium" model, and I've now uninstalled and found alternate software that is both cheaper and better

Marcos from Teachlr

It converts videos to a wide variety of formats, and also allows basic edits.

Pros

The best thing that this tool offers is its wide variety of output formats, which allows you to convert your videos to practically any existing format. It is very simple and easy to use. You have many options and settings that you may not know, but as a "novice" user you can do the job without problems.

Cons

The free version is not so good due to all the limitations, and even paying you will find some things you may not do. We would have liked to see more editing features. Currently it allows you to do very basic things like cut, rotate or rescale.

SIMON from National Electric Corporation

It fulfills its purpose, and is easy to use

I convert my personal videos and sometimes I use it at work when it is necessary to convert some audiovisual material

Pros

It has very good options, the time to convert videos is good. The quality and definition of the videos is excellent

Cons

At the beginning, it costs a bit to understand all the options that the software has, however when using them several times everything becomes easier

FREEMAKE

Feemake has saved me time.

Pros

I like that I can convert and download videos from friends and family for offline viewing...

Cons

On rare occasions I've been unable to use the software.

Erin from University of Kansas

Best video converter I've found

This software is the best. If you've looked at all for a video editor/converter and haven't used FVC, you'll know how hard it can be to find something that works. Well, Freemake sure does! It converts multiple files at once, it supports every file type I've come across, it can crop videos and burn them to disc or upload to YouTube. It really does meet all of my basic video editing needs and has saved me so much time over the years. Highly recommended.