Browse Vimeo Pro Reviews

Michael from OrangeWave Creative Media

Vimeo pro is more than a video hosting platform

I've used Vimeo for a few years now and it has greatly increased my business's professionalism on my videos and how clients and potential customers can view and interact with my videos.

Pros

Vimeo Pro is not cheap, but it gives you a lot of great features. You have 7TB of space to upload videos, you have great tools to control where your content can be viewed and saved, there are review tools for client videos , online video creation tools and a video capture plugin for your browser so you can make your own screen capture videos. There's also access to live stream studio, which is professional level streaming software.

Cons

It is expensive if you're not using all of the tools regularly. The cost comes out to $75/month which is much more expensive than 'free' which is what hosting videos on YouTube would cost.

Reasons for Choosing Vimeo Pro

The main reason that made me use Vimeo Pro is that I needed a good live streaming tool for streaming events.

Julian from Discover Visually

December 2021

Great tool for hosting videos, Editing depends

Overall, it is a great tool to use and easy. Also with collaboration all the options needed are available.

Pros

Vimeo is a great tool to use and is easy to set up. I mostly use it for hosting videos and analytics. Great that you can create your own branding style in it and the video stays the video. On YouTube there will always be the logo to go to the YouTube website, Vimeo does not have this and therefore people stay on your website.

Cons

You cannot just edit your own material. You need to use a theme of them. As far as I have discovered at least.

Reasons for Choosing Vimeo Pro

Customizable, and no link to an external website

Sarah from Rehabilitative Rhythms

December 2021

Terrible customer services kills the value

We were trying to improve the reach of our non-profit event so that people in other states could see our choir of stroke survivors, and benefit from some inspiration and joy around the holidays. We read through all the instructions, watched the videos, and had multiple test events before our real event. Everything was going smoothly until the video abruptly stopped 10 minutes into the event. The Vimeo platform was not responsive, so we had to switch to Zoom. I contacted customer support in the days after the event and I only got a standard reply that they would get back to me, but they never got back to me. I continued emailing but only got a response once I was outside of the window of time when I could get a refund. I would not recommend using Vimeo at all. The product didn't work and the customer service was clearly not responsive at all.

Pros

Initially uploading a video was easy and the dashboard is fairly easy to use.

Cons

Video live streaming stopped 10 minutes into our event. You can't speak to a live human or get live support, so you are out of luck when something doesn't work properly. I emailed customer service multiple times and didn't get a response. I would not recommend Vimeo to anyone.

Matija from Fitnes uciliste

Vimeo for education

It is best tool for hosting education videos and to create simple design visuals for every video.

Pros

Simple drag and drop and embed system for uploading videos, everything else is done by Vimeo.

Cons

I am not sure when the video is available to everyone on Vimeo (and internet) and when is visible only for my students on restricted pages.

Reasons for Choosing Vimeo Pro

Cheaper than competition for my preference tools and options.

Reasons for Switching to Vimeo Pro

Microsoft Stream still does not offer restricting videos only for websites I define.

David from Driven

A reliable choice for professional video hosting / storage

Pros

We create a fairly large volume of training / tutorial videos for our customers. These need to be privately hosted and secured and shouldn't be available for general consumption. Vimeo has been the perfect tool for us to do this. It works very well, has a robust API we were able to integrate directly into our software and it's comforting to know we are paying for this service so can expect it to be there and reliable. We had previously used private Youtube Videos for this function, and Youtube randomly deleted our account one day with no explanation or option to appeal. This created a massive amount of work for us to rebuild the links and sparked the search for a paid platform.

Cons

I honestly can't think of a single problem we've had with Vimeo. It works, it's reasonably priced and has filled a real need for us.

Wisani E from Unique Host

December 2021

The competition is high but their are good

The most benefit with Vimeo Pro is that only serious target people are found there meaning you get 100 fold on your investment than other companies like YouTube.

Pros

The company itself its stable videos hosted in faster servers like other big company so you pay for the right service. Most people that use Vimeo they actual know what they are looking for so it generate quality leads for digital marketers .

Cons

Eish the Landing page of them its still old fashion and their videos browsing its not as seamless as it suppose it lack that thing needed for website to be eyecatchy , remember we have our videos there we don't want clients to exit without spending time on them.

Swen from Paint Your Life

The best Software for the eCommerce companies

Vimeo is a great platform for our business model, The product we create, requires video editing on a daily basis and I can not imagine the workflow without Vimeo.

Pros

The best thing about Vimeo is how easy it is to share, organize and store your videos without compromising the quality.

Cons

For now, I'm fully satisfied. All the features we need, they all exist.

Why businesses should deploy Viemo Pro

As a video hosting service, Vimeo is one of the most popular platforms. Users can upload videos of all types, customize their account, and add subtitles. It also allows users to create an online portfolio that shows off their skills. In addition to this, Vimeo allows you to create videos that no other video service can offer. Its user interface is simple and intuitive, and it allows users to share videos to social media and websites

Pros

The software provides access to the website, and it allows you to create commercial videos. There's no reason to pay extra for a free membership, and you can save money on a subscription with Vimeo Pro. You can customize your video by choosing from the multiple tiers. You can even add a logo or choose from many different themes. There are several other features on Vimeo Pro that will help you create a professional-looking video.

Cons

The downside to Vimeo Pro, however, is the relatively high price tag especially for small startups

Thomas from Bloomsburg University

Worth the Price

Pros

What we like the most about this product is not having ads pop up when we share a link with someone. There is nothing more crazy when we were using You Tube to have a competitor's ad pop up when the link was clicked.

Cons

So far there has been nothing that I can say that I do not like about this product. It delivers exactly what we are looking for each time.

Reasons for Switching to Vimeo Pro

About two years we switched.

December 2021

Vimeo is great for advertisers.

I am very happy with vimeo. I use it daily for my marketing material.

Pros

Being able to edit my video content is very important and it is a breeze with Vimeo.

Cons

There was very little wring with this product, but the interface could be improved.

Alhassan from DRIAN Ghana

Vimeo keeps our private materials truly private, with zero chances of unauthorized leakage

Prior to Vimeo Pro, we had encountered more than a few incidents where pitch videos shared privately with potential donors ended up being either publicly accessible, or inaccessible to the parties we had shared access links and security codes with. We have never had a single case of such mishaps since we switched to Vimeo Pro. And with the smooth integration with our default video creation products, there has been very little disruption to our workflows.

Pros

The ad-free media player is truly awesome; with reduced distractions from video ads, we have seen sharp rises in conversion rates and reactions to our call-to-action directives. In terms of features, the time-coded notes has been a God-sent, and has allowed for smoother participation from all team members during project development. Our final outputs are now much more comprehensive that before.

Cons

There should be more functionality and options introduced for editing and working on videos before sharing. For smaller projects that not too heavy, it would be amazing if everything could be started and finished with Vimeo without other editing programs.

Better online reviews

Reasons for Switching to Vimeo Pro

Reduced need to keep switching between multiple software during development and launch of our video campaigns.

Kristie from Kristie Kim Design

From Youtube to Vimeo Pro!

I used to get paid by YouTube back in 2015 but I had signed up for Vimeo Pro for free. I do personally like the platform on Vimeo better than YouTube and Vimeo feels more hip and young. It is for those who are into high resolution graphics and videomaking. It is not like YouTube where the videos are created from smartphone tools. It is for professional videomakers, animators, and motion graphics artists. It is the main reason why I joined Vimeo Pro, but now, it is turning into a career.

Pros

My company is focused on creating graphic designs and motion graphics to promote my artistic products, and Vimeo Pro is the perfect way to make my products promoted online. During the pandemic, I was furloughed from my employer so I decided to use my time to promote my online business. I had it established in 2015 but I was working for my employer for the last four years and did not have time to make proper sales. Instead of just sales, Vimeo Pro has helped me create an online community for those interested in my brand. It has been a lot of fun and the features on Vimeo Pro always excite me.

Cons

My least favorite feature is the high costs involved in maintaining my online presence on Vimeo Pro. MY favorite feature is the videomaking tool which I do have to pay a monthly subscription for, but there are so many costs involved. It was like starting my own channel by paying Vimeo to keep maintaining my videos. It has been an expensive journey for me as a member of Vimeo Pro.

Reasons for Choosing Vimeo Pro

I chose Vimeo Pro because it is professional and the Vimeo Create is my favorite feature. On YouTube, everything looks outdated and unnecessary. Vimeo has a stronger professional and hip presence, drawing younger media professionals. I don't get offensive comments on my Vimeo like I do from YouTube because Vimeo has a smaller market. Vimeo also provides OTT services and the ability to sell videos I have created to those interested in my videomaking style.

Reasons for Switching to Vimeo Pro

I made the switch from posting videos on YouTube to Vimeo because Vimeo seemed more professional for me as a videomaker. I was using Vimeo at the time to upload my animation reels but now, Vimeo is like a career option for me to hire a team and promote my brand products. I went from wanting to become an animator to a Vimeo brand promoter. It is always fun uploading my videos on Vimeo. I also don't get as many offensive comments on Vimeo as I do on YouTube. YouTube does not have good control over the offensive comments posted online.

Vimeo for Business

We are solving the problems of running out of storage space. This is a great way we can upload additional video. We also frequently need to send video elsewhere and we use Vimeo for that. Other businesses and platforms are able to easily see the video that we are sharing. The embed option is great! It's super easy to grab the code and go. You can also share a link to whatever video you upload right to your own social media page. This is easier than going through the trouble to directly upload a video to Facebook or Twitter which can clog their system. Vimeo Pro also gives you the option to see that "stats" on each individual video that you uploaded. It shows how many people have played your video, the impressions made, and the play rate. You can also link your Vimeo to Google Analytics to keep a closer eye. Mainly we just use Vimeo Pro for the uploading of videos itself.

Pros

We have been using Vimeo for your business for three years now and have never had any complaints. I work for a television news website and sometimes we need to upload additional video that our individual system does not support. That's when we turn to Vimeo. All of the videos we've uploaded have been crystal clear. We like that we're able to grab a code and paste it on our own website. It gives an option to link back to Vimeo but it isn't tacky and overwhelming. It looks neatly embedded onto our page while giving Vimeo the credit they deserve. We also like that you can customize links. This is great when we need to send a link to a video to someone who isn't in the immediate vicinity. We can change the privacy settings of Vimeo so only that person with the link can see it.

Cons

The only real complaint we have is that we tend to run out of storage space each week. Also, we wish there was a way to remove the large title off the top of the screen. An option to make it smaller or remove it altogether would be nice.

Amy from Agent Marcom

Easy way to create social media videos

We're able to edit together great videos quickly -- and get them downloaded and posted to socials much faster than we were previously able to with iMovie. We're not pro video editors and don't intend to be. The Vimeo platform has helped us create good work for our clients with a lot less headache... and all of our video content is saved within the platform, so we can easily go back and edit again for future take-downs. The first time I used Vimeo for video editing, it was intuitive enough that I was able to crank out a fun little brand anthem video for a client right on the spot.

Pros

Vimeo's video editor makes it easy to access stock video and music for making social media videos... and to post them to Vimeo and to social media platforms all from within the Vimeo platform. It's pretty easy to create a fairly pro-looking video and then take it down into multiple size/formats for social media posts and advertising. You can upload your own video clips and intersperse them with the stock imagery. There are some simple filters and templates to get you started. One of the coolest features is that the platform intuitively edits the music to match the length of your video... If you start with a :60 piece and then edit to :30 or :15, etc., the music is automatically re-edited to match the length.

Cons

It's expensive. Accessing brand fonts and colors requires a business subscription, which is $50/mo paid annually. There's not a month-to-month option. As a small agency testing the waters, we opted for a smaller package, and the features are quite a bit less. The "basic" fonts and color choices are really pretty limited. The video editing tool is very basic, which is both great but also be limiting. You can't preview your video from the main editing screen. It can take a couple or minutes or more to "render" the video for previewing. Not a deal-breaker at all, just a thing.

Reasons for Switching to Vimeo Pro

Vimeo's platform and editing tools make it so simple to edit together a great video and then publish--and store it-- all from inside Vimeo. It's saved us a ton of time. We've created a lot more videos for our clients.

Tacho from TachoTachev.com

Video platform for high quality videos

The interface is clean and logical. There is no unnecessary chatter to confuse the user. I liked that the platform is used mainly by people who know how to make content, so you can find quality content with good quality right here. The feeling itself is about the business environment. I use some of the materials out there that can't be found anywhere else and have crystal quality.

Pros

I like that it doesn't spoil the quality when uploading. The concept of the product is clear and specific. The content is usually quality. There are no annoying ads to tear up the videos. The platform provides options for customizing the account. It allows you to present yourself professionally and stand out in the best way, without imposing additional things around you. Users can see videos that are not present anywhere else.

Cons

Multiple videos cannot be uploaded at once. Loading the gallery from the phone is a bit slow. For unpaid users, space is limited, which is not the case in other video sharing platforms. There are significantly fewer users, but those who are there definitely know why they are there.

Reasons for Choosing Vimeo Pro

You tube is not limited in terms of upload. The main disadvantage is the constant ads, which they flood several times within a video. Also, the design of the platform itself is not clean enough. There is some confusion among the videos, none of which has enough focus.

Reasons for Switching to Vimeo Pro

An alternative for me is Youtube. Its main advantage is the huge number of active users of the platform. If a person wants to be seen by everyone, there is a place. In addition, you can use all the necessary features on YouTube completely free of charge.

Braden from Best Packaging, Inc.

Industry: Machinery

Better for Controlling Content

Overall, I think this is a great video service for professional organizations. I believe other platforms such as YouTube, DailyMotion, or Vevo all have value adds but where Vimeo Pro steps in is the ability to control your content. Additionally, it allows you to connect those additional accounts to provide more outlets for content if you so choose!

Pros

The biggest value add we see in Vimeo Pro is the ability to control the display of your content. Vimeo Pro has a number of customizable sharing features that are much more specific than competitor sites such as YouTube. With Vimeo, any video material that might be sensitive we can control linkage and who sees it, even going as far as to allow for password protecting specific videos. We do share some proprietary media, and being able to house the finished product in the cloud and share with intended parties, thus keeping our hardware less cluttered, is awesome. Additionally, Vimeo Pro HAS NO ADS! That goes a long way to having a more professional presentation to embedded and linked videos.

Cons

Although we are pro users, we did not start out as such. The biggest issue is now mute, but that in order to facilitate live events you have to be a pro user and there are paid tiers below that. YouTube offers streaming and the ability to go live as a free service for all members with an account. On Vimeo, I have to be a pro user in order to access more than the demo of the live service. Again since it is a much more controlled platform that is not necessarily a glaring objection given accessibility is the greatest competitive advantage Vimeo has, however in 2021 this seems like something that should be a native open source feature more than reserved strictly for pro members.

Reasons for Switching to Vimeo Pro

Mostly the advertisements, as they have increased we wanted to find an alternative that was inexpensive but had no ads and allowed for better content control.

Excellent Video Hosting

Vimeo is one of the longest-tenured video hosting services. They have done a good job continually modernizing in the face of more competition from new startups. Cost is low to get all of the sharing and privacy features. We use Vimeo for internal and external videos, training videos, product demos, storing recorded meetings, and more - and we've had a consistently great experience.

Pros

Vimeo Pro is feature-packed but still fairly intuitive to use. There are a number of privacy and sharing options, and Vimeo is great for setting up professional-looking video libraries for your organization. I also appreciate that they are on top of new and emerging services like live video streaming. It also integrates well with social media and other web services.

Cons

Vimeo Pro cost is reasonable, but there are free and cheap options out there. Live streaming is a fairly expensive add-on (but may be worth the cost for reliable streaming to a large audience).

Secure professional video portal

I had to move a video library of 120+ videos from an FTP server to a video hosting platform. We selected Vimeo, and couldn't be more thrilled. It was very secure and parsed uploaded files into multiple deliverables so customers would get the video sized right for the device they were using to access the video. The biggest testament to how much we believed in Vimeo is that our video library moved from just over 120 when we moved onto Vimeo to close to 700 videos in 1.5 years. We had thousands of customers accessing custom content, but never had a security breach (we could see the failed attempts from some hacking centers across the world).

Pros

Vimeo exceeded all expectations. When uploading videos, Vimeo would fork the file into multiple deliverables to have options to provide each user with the optimum file for their device/bandwidth. The security features were excellent. You can define passwords for videos or set specific sites that videos can be played on, but blocked from all others. There were other Intro and Outtro features that can be set with the tool (we didn't use this, but were aware of the capability). The analytics dashboard provided key details on video consumption. This allowed us to gather key information on what videos were successful and what made videos successful.

Cons

The one thing I would love to see offered by Vimeo is the ability to create a playlist of videos into a coordinated sequence or set of videos around a topic.

Alan from Alan sands entertainment

Vimeo - I made an average of $1000 a month in 2020

I liked it before COVID, but Since COVID, I love it. I had time (unemployed entertainer) to load thousands of hours of video onto Vimeo in multiple libraries (I call them libraries, not a name they give it) and sold an average of $1,000 a month or more during my unemployment since March 15th. It has saved my ass!

Pros

Vimeo is a place where you can reach an international audience with your videos. Probably the second largest video source after YouTube, it is designed for people like me who want to sell my videos I record to an audience interested in my product. I am a comedy stage hypnotist. I record every show I do and make them available for sale to my audience and volunteers, but I am also able to reach a much bigger group of potential buyers internationally. The product is flexible and has many features like collecting email addresses (optional for you and viewers) and it is search engine friendly. You can add all kinds of notes, descriptions, etc.

Cons

Vimeo gave me a major headache trying to figure it out initially. I was miserable learning the product but I applied myself and reached out to a friend who helped me. It’s not intuitive, but it has so many features I am not sure if can be intuitive. I also hate that they offer zero phone support, even at the higher price levels, and there are some things (deleting categories I created in my early use years) that took me hours to figure out how to do - that had they had phone support, it would not have been swearing $&@€¥#%!! As I tried to figure it out, watching videos, reading blogs, reading their tutorials, etc.

Reasons for Choosing Vimeo Pro

Recommended by a person who knew it’s value

Stuart from Stu's Show.Com

Better Than YouTube or Daily Motion...But It Should Be Because You Pay For It

The couple of times I've contacted Customer Service have resulted in IMMEDIATE responses...usually in less than an hour. The quality of the video streams are far superior to YouTube and Daily Motion and I like the ability to link Vimeo videos to my Roku TV channel. They provide an excellent "hosting" and storage outlet.

Pros

I really like the non-filtering aspect of Vimeo - they in essence let you upload and post anything you want when you have a Pro account. Because they do not get the volume of hits YouTube gets, your videos are less likely to get nitpicked to death by automatic filters that sometimes call claim to something that is definitely not owned by someone else. I've stopped posting my videos on YouTube for the most part because of their constant unwarranted, incorrect claims on MY OWN material. With Vimeo, this is not an issue.

Cons

Their are only a couple of drawbacks. The first is Vimeo's processing time. Once a video is uploaded, it seems like it takes a very long to post once it's processed on Vimeo's side. The longer the video, the longer the processing (obviously), but it does seem to lag behind YouTube and Daily Motion. Still, the service and quality Vimeo offers is far superior...and again, that's because you pay for it. But I have no problems with paying because the service and quality are so good. The second issue is minor - if you want your videos to reach the widest audience, the typical search engines (Google, Yahoo, etc.) do not seem to pick up the Vimeo links as often as their YouTube results. Again, this is a minor issue for me.

Adam from Aldis Systems, Inc

This Vimeo Pro platform is valuable, it does good things!

We wrote a whole website around it at one point, we are in the video production business and we wanted our videos "play everywhere" with hassle or bandwidth limits. We even had a Christmas video go viral. Vimeo handled our swelling viewership like a champ with no extra fees or charges of any kind. We got tens of thousands of views.

Pros

This video platform is valuable, it does good things. At first, I was a little put off and I asked myself why can't I just host these video on Youtube for free? Why should I pay for this service every month. Vimeo does some pretty great things, first and foremost, Vimeo is discreet, it doesn't add commercials before OR after your videos. You videos get full attention and you control what the end user sees. This is perfect for hosting videos on a corporate website or small Wordpress site. You can even customize how the player looks and where the videos are allowed to play. Other paid sites cost much more for the same features.

Cons

The internal user interface can be clunky at times, you can sometimes get lost in there. But in general, it works well and allows you to save presets on some things that make consistency easier. i.e every video has the same qualities.

Reasons for Switching to Vimeo Pro

JW Player was not able to provide a path moving forward that was stable or consistent either from a platform perspective or a billing perspective. We found Vimeo Pro to be much more mature in these areas.

M. Serhat from BAUM

No need to setup a media server when you have Vimeo

While I was working in the distance education industry, migrating to the Vimeo (from Red5 media server) was the smartest decision we've ever made. By migrating to Vimeo we saved thousands of dollars.

Pros

Ease of use, very cheap prices considering problems the product is solving, user-friendly UI, support for 4K videos, fast video processing, amazing customer support, branding features, neat integration with other software, unlimited video storage.

Cons

Nothing to be honest. We have been using Vimeo as our main media storage/service since 5 years and we have been extremely happy with the product.

Reasons for Choosing Vimeo Pro

Rich features, ease of use and cheap prices.

Vincent Po from Ethan Hathaway

Industry: Information Services

Decent video hosting with some minor caveats

Pros

Vimeo's main competitors like Wistia cost so much more and for small businesses, most can't afford Wistia. Vimeo has been a fine option for video hosting, good value for money.

Cons

We have clients from all over the world and we found out later on that some clients couldn't view the video's hosted on Vimeo. We found out that Vimeo is banned in some countries, while that's not really their fault per se, but it is a pain in the butt as we didn't really have alternative options for video hosting for those countries.

Reasons for Switching to Vimeo Pro

We realised Amazon S3 wasn't optimized for delivering video content (yes, we could use their Elastic cloud front but we preferred going with a provider that specialised in video and handled all the video conversion elements which Amazon doesn't handle).

Jenny from Romio

I've used Vimeo Pro as a video reviewing program while working in advertising and tech.

Pros

What I like best about Vimeo Pro are the strong control / privacy features and the video review features. Being able to control password protection, link expirations and video downloadability add so much relief when sharing and reviewing sensitive video content. The content is so secure and early versions of videos that aren't final yet don't have to be downloaded by people that shouldn't be given access to download them. I've worked in advertising and tech and I'd much rather share early rounds of video content via Vimeo Pro vs. WeTransfer or another video sending / sharing program since I can protect against their ability to download the file and accidentally use it later or confuse it for a final. So, quality control and version control are made easier simply by having the program be protected, filterable and secured. Version control is made even clearer via video review pages where you can compare video versions and detail differences among videos and even add timestamped notes right within these videos to detail these said differences. For working in video production, Vimeo Pro is top notch and really helps streamline, clarify and consolidate videos in development.

Cons

This isn't necessarily something I dislike but just a truth to share after videos are final my teams and I have always moved our videos to YouTube and social media vs. hosting them on Vimeo since YouTube is more universally used. My teams have known you can link Vimeo videos to YouTube, etc. and even initiate paid advertising through the Vimeo portal but for videos on YouTube and other channels but that always seemed like too much work / not worth it when you can go handle business with YouTube directly.

Brent from CedarCreek Church

Amazing for what it does. Few rival it.

Pros

We've used Vimeo Pro and Vimeo Plus plans for many years. Super customizable for embeds on sites and great stats.

Cons

1) There is no customization on ALL player controls or colors in embeds, just most. If you want an auto-play video with no progress bar or overlays, look elsewhere. 2) They abide by strict DMCA copyright rules. If you have a video flagged as copyrighted 3 times, you are banned. We had 2 violations at the same time from another user due to an old ex-employee re-uploading a file for internal use and making it public. We then (like 7 years later) got flagged for a song or something and were told we had a few days of read only access to download nearly a decade's worth of content before they deleted it. WHAT?!?! No appeal process or anything. No phone number. We sent an email (the only option) which was ignored. We finally found someone on the phone who seemed surprised we had found them and managed to find out how to get one of the originally DMCA complainants to remove their complaint. Now we live on a "1-strike and we lose it all" reality. Whiff. Seems there should be some method of complaints expiring after so many years or something to avoid punishing long time users at the same rate as new users. We could open a new account, but we'd lose thousands of videos we've created. How is that fair? I get copyright protection and all, but youtube's approach is more civil.

I love using Vimeo Pro to host the business videos that I display on my WordPress website

Over the years, my experience with Vimeo has been great! The platform is a wonderful way to serve my clients in a professional way with private video access. Another great thing is that the videos are hosted on Vimeo for years, even if you have a free plan.

Pros

Paying for Vimeo Pro is useful to me as a business owner for three reasons. The first reason is I can create private video lists and private video pages for my clients, which looks professional. Clients are able to leave comments on those pages and they can be given their own passwords. My second reason for my using Vimeo Pro is hosting. They host my videos and I am then able to post them on my WordPress website in a clean and professional way. Using Vimeo for this looks much better than posting on my website with YouTube. YouTube will link website visitors to other videos at the end of their viewing and that can be really annoying. With Vimeo, you can include a call to action button at the end of the video instead. The third reason for using Vimeo Pro is the option to sell videos.

Cons

I really don't have a con in using Vimeo Pro. Maybe the con would be that someone wouldn't want to pay for it when they could use YouTube to host their videos for free? But, as I mentioned above, there are great reasons for a business owner like myself to want to pay for Vimeo's professional hosting service.

Marcio from Social media company

Very flexible and reliable platform

After months I'm still eventually learning new tricks and better/faster ways of sharing and releasing videos, but it gets easier every time. The whole idea of having my personal "me-flix" where people can sub and watch my content on my personally branded website without being another "youtuber" inside Google's YT framework is awesome. If you're reading this, give it a try, just remember that any professional videos shared on plans below PRo (Basic, Plus) are against the terms of service and will eventually lead to account suspension/content removal, but if you plai fair, it's an awesome place to be!

Pros

Although the Basic free plan has some limitations regarding the amount of videos you can upload or keep stored, the platform is good to share personal videos. (digital influencers, former youtuber should look for the PRO plans and up). Besides that, the platform is not cluttered with ads and doesn't force you to link to any other services from Google. If you want to have your own professional video repository and turn videos into a reliable and solid video platform, look no further. The Pro and Business plans have a plethora of features such as embedding, watermarking and even an easy to setup subscription service to your customers that can let you fully customize your interface in a way that people will have a hard time finding out they're accessing Vimeo and not your custom built streaming platform.

Cons

Vimeo could have an easier way to migrate/import videos from youtube, twitch / other platforms. But that is due to the learning curve required since it's a different UI from what people are used, but that is not really a bad thing. It just takes you out of your comfort zone for a moment.

While cheaper options are available - Vimeo is tops in ease and quality!

Pros

Vimeo's paid offerings make it easy to upload, share, and manage large video libraries at the highest quality. It's the de-facto standard for digital screener sharing in the independent film and television sector. The admin and features are very easy to understand - and we've had no trouble training non-technical staff to set up even complicated videos with unusual combinations of security permissions. They have robust support for privacy control, embedding, subtitling and other accessibility features. As a major platform, most major encoders come pre-set with optimized profiles, and (in most cases) automatic upload functions available.

Cons

The paid offerings can sometimes be a difficult sell for very small companies/individuals as there are few services that Vimeo offers that can't be replicated by completely free alternatives (mostly via YouTube) - but the high quality and ad-free experience is often worth it.

David from InGoal Media

A core tool for our business

Delivers all our video for a large online magazine - in nearly every article. It's professional, easy to use and well-priced.

Pros

Great features at a great price - delivers video to our readers without ads...with almost unlimited capacity.

Cons

Can't think of anything...delivers all we want...could it deliver links in video like Wistia? Doesn't matter - price is so good.

Reasons for Choosing Vimeo Pro

Price. Love Wistia's features but the price just doesn't compare.

Reasons for Switching to Vimeo Pro

Can deliver an ad free experience

Waldo from The River Group

Industry: Broadcast Media

Brilliant Functionality

From initial contact, to the fine-tuning of the contract, through the implementation and the subsequent support our experience has only been positive.

Pros

The features that come with Vimeo Pro make it a super product to stay abreast of developments and customer interaction. Vimeo regularly introduce upgrades in line with the latest technology and market trends, and offers a seamless integration. Since the start there has been no downtime at all, and the support staff were always on call to answer the smallest query.

Cons

Some features on the "wish list" of our company usage is not available, such as audio-only streaming. There are workarounds albeit expensive, but that said, the developers at Vimeo are always working on improving their service. It is on their development roll-out plan, and based on their track record we are willing to wait it out.

Reasons for Switching to Vimeo Pro

Our switch was based mainly on functionality and features that Vimeo offered.

Jayla from Jayla Austin Graphic Design

This Is Like YouTubes Twin Sister!

Love it! Privacy and storage isn't a big issue for me, but it can for others. When you go on YouTube you can encounter really mean people, here in Vimeo, its so great and positive, very rarely you encounter bullies or fresh people! Supportive community and great place if you don't like being judged because its lower population than YouTube! People think of it as a bad thing but, I personality think its AMAZING! Yeah you may not get a lot of views but you get more supporters than haters! You can make the most simplest video and you will get supporters no matter what! At lest for me! You may have limited storage but at least you get really nice people!

Pros

I love this app! I love how you can download videos and save them encase you loose your video or want it back later. Great sores like YouTube, Little safer community than YouTube, Small population but friendly kind people and supporters. Very updated and you can tell it is! Less rude people and more professional people who support you and help you. Bully free and little more flexible with using music.

Cons

Unlike YouTube, you have limited space and you have to pay monthly to get a bigger GB in your profile space. Its playing too many of the same 4 ads. More cons is that you need to pay for privacy, people can just download your video unless you play the program not to allow it. So anyone can just download your video and use it.

Dave from BizDev.Global

Flawless and customizable video hosting, never any ads

We host training and promotional videos on several web sites. In most cases, you only need the video URL to embed the video. Some CMS require an embed code, which Vimeo makes available. If there are problems with the video, it is literally never on Vimeo's side, it's always the CMS or website.

Pros

Vimeo allows you to customize the player any way you want. We have three different standard settings, with and without our logo, with and without play bar, etc. We have over 300 videos hosted. Vimeo charges by the month, not by storage or download bandwidth. Most of our videos are hidden and inaccessible to the public.

Cons

None. It's kind of funny when people complain about YouTube, etc. All the problems go away when you start using Vimeo.

Reasons for Choosing Vimeo Pro

All the features we wanted at dramatically lower cost.

Hanaa from Ekwa Marketing

To Share high quality professional videos!

For a marketing company this is the best video storage. Sharing the videos across different platforms is just a single click away. We can always keep track of the video engagements and get the progress. Creating separate lists and embedding the videos have made it even more attractive for the clients to see. Best ever!

Pros

A part of our marketing services is video marketing. And we use a number of software to create unique and best videos for our client. And vimeo is our storage and platform which we use to share our videos. Having 200+ clients and several products means we have to create a number of videos per week. Vimeo pro allows you to upload 15+ GB per week, which is a must for us. The privacy is updated, we love that. You can make the changes on the same video and have the link not changed. That is very convenient for us when improvising ads.

Cons

I did have issues when looking up for old videos from profile, sometimes even if I search with the Video id, the video doesn't show up. I have to go deep into the video list to find the video.

Curry from The Bridge Church

The cheapest and most efficient way to manage long-form video and more

In all my years creating video content, I've never experienced an easier way to upload, view, download, or watch all of my content in one place. We uploaded all of our sermons, creative videos, promotions and more weekly without much of a problem. While it's not cheap, it's very affordable in the grand scheme of comparative software for what it does, exudes professionalism and allows for some truly breathtaking options in customizing your content. Those upload quotas can create quite the headache, though.

Pros

The seamless integration allows for quick uploads, very strong communication on the process it takes to compress, convert, and post. There are numerous privacy options, from private links to password protected videos that give the user control over their projects unlike a lot of other platforms. There's also streaming features now that open up even more doors.

Cons

The upload quotas. Unless you have at minimum this Pro plan, you're going to run into trouble from time to time. We uploaded probably 18 GB's a week and cut it close several times, and sometimes had to wait until the following week to be able to post our content. That may not be the norm, but it keeps smaller churches and companies from utilizing it due to this not being an issue on YouTube.

A grown-up video hosting platform

I have a Vimeo business account and use it to host close to 100 videos. I access most through the embed player or API as the site experience leaves something to be desired. I've found it to be far more grown up and business focused than YouTube. The Vimeo team needs to continue to push boundaries and grow their product with corporate users in mind.

Pros

Vimeo has tried to emulate YouTube in a few ways and has fallen short of the cool crowd. What they have built however is a more than decent video hosting platform. They downsample videos far less which means playback is almost nice and clear. Their analytics are easy to use and capture all the right things. Security and permissions are easy to configure. Even their API has some great features in it.

Cons

There are a few parts and pieces that could be easier to use or just work better. My number one complaint it around end screens or any kind of screen that pops up in the video. You are limited to only capture name and email. While this is far more than YouTube, it could be so much more! Imagine the marketing possibilities if this feature was fleshed out! Also exporting the data from those forms is less than intuitive.

Reasons for Switching to Vimeo Pro

Great mix of features for the price.

Mike from DataPro International

Vimeo Pro The Best On The Market

Vimeo Pro is the perfect tool to use to have clients or a specific audience focus on a specific video without being inundated with ads for other products that can cause loss of interest or direct focus to another product. Vimeo Pro has the highest quality video and gives an extremely professional approach to your audience. I have used Vimeo Pro for years and find it easy to use and integrates with all platforms. Analytics, security, hosting, management and storage all of the highest quality. I would sincerely recommend Vimeo Pro as it has been the successful choice for us.

Pros

No ads play before the video unlike Youtube which has become saturated with ads. Videos easily embed into websites, email, or social media. This is the highest quality video product on the market.

Cons

Vimeo does not have the search engine force of Youtube and unfortunately does not play within an email but opens in a new window. Hopefully something can be done about the latter.

Emre from Westland Insurance

Vimeo Pro has all you need for video streaming services

Excellent product. It enabled us to help our organization learn for about 5 years now.

Pros

Vimeo gives insights on engagement and tracks valuable data from viewers such as viewer location. We were able to confirm the engagement of our staff based on how much of each video was watched and from what branch location. Replacing video feature without having a URL change of the video has been a huge plus for updating online training materials.

Cons

There was a time when the player settings changed the quality of the video based on network speed. I'm not sure if this is ongoing. As admins of a learning management system, we received some complaints about "blurry videos" which was a result of the automatic reduction in the quality. As an admin, I had to customize the embed codes to lock in the higher quality.

Arthur from San Francisco StateUniversity

Vimeo pro

The presentations looked very good for the user and after a little back and forth the main function I was hoping for was worked out by the technical team at VIMEO. The platform is usually very stable though yesterday there were some technical hiccups with their server. The customer service got better after a couple weeks. I assume they had to ramp up with Covid. All in all it did the job. Next time I will use Adobe Spark as the navigation platform and ask less of Vimeo in that regard.

Pros

Uploads are fast and easy. Private links stay forever. Visual quality is good for the user. A lot of space for 800 bucks a year. The livestream studio was my initial reason for getting it and it seemed to work pretty well but I ended up forgoing it's use due to technical issues. Mostly on our end. Being able to directly upload H264 with very little degradation was an important issue for us as a film school.

Cons

Navigation for anything but straight up watching videos is difficult to understand. The extra functions in pro are less than stellar but I was able to make it work for our presentations. Most of the the embedded functions are not usable on the VIMEO user side and can only be applied to the admin side of the platform. I still don't understand some of it but I assume that the embedded functions are for sending your videos into other platforms. websites, etc. I just wanted to present on VIMEO so none of it worked for me.

Reasons for Choosing Vimeo Pro

More user control. Livestream studio. storage. video quality.

Benjamin from Zerosun Pictures

A linchpin for my business

Pros

So many pros to list here. My favorite features are the reviews page. Giving a private link and allowing clients to make notes at specific times in the video has been hugely helpful. The ability to replace the video while maintaining the same URL is also amazing, and very helpful when managing videos linked to all kinds of sites. All the privacy options makes it easy to manage a huge portfolio. The albums feature makes it easy to organize large video lists into sections. Being able to allow downloads makes this the best platform for working with clients from start to finish. Can't praise Vimeo enough. Vimeo > Youtube

Cons

Occasionally, the upload will fail and replacing the video will not work, making it necessary to start over with a fresh link.

David from Human Performance Institute®

My highest recommended video tool

Stellar. Highly recommended. Essential is you need secure hosting for videos

Pros

Vimeo is a great video hosting platform for the cost. It has rich features inclusion very good embedding tools and stellar security. It provides good analytics on your video usage. All for a really good price. Every uploaded video is split into multiple versions so your user will have the best option displayed based on their device (why download a 1920x1080 video on a phone?). And it is intuitive. I unleashed this to a product development team at a software company and inside of 6 months they added over 500 videos to train customers and embed in our help system and training portal.

Cons

The one thing that vimeo doesn't have that YouTube does is auto generating CC.

David from Grace Community Church

Professional Video Hub

Vimeo has been a great video host for our content, allowing us to livestream and archive as well as embed and link content with trustworthy quality.

Pros

Clean and professional interface for content creators and for viewers. Great options for embedded video. Secure and reliable archived videos.

Cons

Some limitations in setting up search options for videos. Otherwise, no significant cons or negative experiences to note.

Reasons for Choosing Vimeo Pro

Vimeo gives the ability to livestream and archive content, with high-quality storage - other options only stream or only provide storage or have low-quality/compressed storage.

Robin from RMF

Great for video production businesses

I have enjoyed using Vimeo over the years. I find it a great way to work with clients to show rough cuts of videos and get feedback before delivering final versions. The password feature is a huge benefit for this kind of work.

Pros

Vimeo Pro is a great way to share videos with clients. I have used Vimeo for several years now. One of the great features is being able to apply a password to videos. YouTube does not have this option. This is important for clients who want to keep content private until the video(s) are ready to publish to the public for consumption.

Cons

One of the drawbacks for Vimeo is playback. Sometimes it is not as smooth as YouTube. Often times Vimeo will experience buffering issues, which can be frustrating for viewers.

Nathan from Wunderman

Good price compared to Wistia!

It does it's job, but doesn't have really useful customizable features in the player like changing the speed of the video and fast forward and rewinding 10 seconds. Lacking an average video player in my opinion.

Pros

Overall, great software and easy to use. Definitely a better price point than some of the higher-end players like Wista.

Cons

Not the best customization and not really well organized in my opinion. To be honest, the player itself isn't all that great and doesn't operate all that smoothly compared to Wistia or a new product that I am using, Vadoo.

Reasons for Choosing Vimeo Pro

Good price-point while offering a good service and hosting.

Vimeo Pro - The Backbone of a Pro Video Production Team

We're solving the problem of sharing an ever-increasing amount of videos that need to be embedded and downloaded by a number of people using Vimeo Pro. Eventually we may run out of storage, but for now up to 1TB is excellent for what we need.

Pros

Vimeo is the rock of our video production team as far as delivering files. We love the wide variety of options we have for displaying, sharing, embedding, and downloading files. If you're a serious video producer who delivers a lot of video files, you'll need to be using Vimeo to manage your workflow. An additional favorite feature is the ability to upload directly from Dropbox, which I use all the time.

Cons

It's hard to find flaws- I would say that sharing collections with "team members" has been a little clunky and inconvenient for us, and I haven't yet found an effective solution for sharing a group of private videos at once instead of copying the individual links.

Ben from Oikon Stewardship Solutions

Vimeo Pro is a capable platform for sharing high-quality videos from your portfolio

Vimeo is a great, low-compression digital venue to showcase artistic work that matters.

Pros

Vimeo Pro is, in my experience, the lowest compression video streaming service for professional use (other than just sending files directly to clients). Vimeo is a great place to hold reels, demos, and featurettes to showcase your work, as it definitely carries a quality edge over the competition. Videos look less compressed, and resolution/codec support is quite robust. Vimeo Pro is also a really neat way to meet other artists and view their work. Because Vimeo is tailored to creative uses, sifting through content is much easier than on YouTube, where there are buckets of non-artistic videos being published every second.

Cons

Vimeo is expensive for the service provided. Yes, Vimeo provides low compression video streaming, which matters when trying to make your best impression with clients or partners, but the price seems high when the chief competitors are free. Also, Vimeo's mobile website and apps are consistently buggy. Performance is slow, the site often crashes (tested on various mobile devices), and sometimes videos scale incorrectly when in fullscreen. Lastly, Vimeo has not innovated as much as competitors. Though the site is generally more attractive, and the UI is easy to use, things have not changed much in the time since I began using it. This might mean the developers are not seeking for long-term growth.

Joe from Woodhaven Village

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

Share your work with the rest of the WORLD!

I upload the videos and films that I have made to Vimeo. Then use it as a platform to house the videos on my website or to show clients some of my past work. I love the way the compression doesn't mess with quality, and there are no ads or anything getting in the way, which is a problem I ran into with Youtube.

Pros

The compression is one that doesn't hurt the quality of the film. You have a safe, more professional place to house your videos to share on your website, or with clients. It is perfect for any professional video maker out there.

Cons

The problems I had at the beginning have since been fixed so as of now I have no problems!

Reasons for Switching to Vimeo Pro

Too many Ads and had 1 instance of the compression messing with the quality. Vimeo was just more professional.

Vikas from Duener Factcorr Inc

Industry: Industrial Automation

Vimeo is the best platform to publish videos for mature audience

It provides good security to your videos. You can protect your videos with password, put restrictions on downloading and you can also restrict commenting on your videos well. Apart from all of the superior authoring features, stats that it provides are also amazing.

Pros

Vimeo has mostly grown-up audience and the comments or opinions we get are genuine. It has zero adds because the core of their business isn’t generating revenue through adds. You get uninterrupted video watching experience on Vimeo which is their USP. You would not be bombarded with unwarranted adds every now and then. Videos can be easily downloaded. And when it comes to uploading or publishing videos on Vimeo, you can always make changes and repost any video anytime. And the best thing is that you will still have the access to all statistics and comments etc even if you have made changes to any of your published videos. Vimeo would also not put your videos out of action.

Cons

Apart from not having huge audience like alternatives have, it is way better in all aspects.

Marie from Fearless and Framed

Fantastic for Start-up Course Creators and Digital Educators

I’ve loved the privacy options - some videos are shared publicly, some with a private link, some only can be embedded by me in areas I want (like courses).

Pros

Vimeo’s settings interface is easy to use - especially when you can create your own setting templates for various projects. I got Vimeo Pro to host course videos back in 2015 and still use them. Most platforms still require a 3rd party video host and Vimeo has been flawless to privately host course videos.

Cons

I wish the price was a bit lower, especially now that more course platforms host video. Still, I use Vimeo regularly and have zero complaints about how it serves our needs.

Reasons for Choosing Vimeo Pro

The pricing felt more doable for my, then, low income business.

It just plain works!

Vimeo has given my church a wonderful place to host our service videos as well as special video projects. It’s a clean, sleek, and professional environment that doesn’t have the distractions of YouTube. It’s simple to share or embed Vimeo videos, and it works great every time! It just plain works. And their customer support is stellar! I’ve only had to contact them on a couple different occasions in the five years I’ve been using their service, but they were great both times! I would recommend Vimeo to anyone. YouTube is free, but if you have it in the budget, Vimeo is the better option.

Pros

I love the simplicity that Vimeo has engineered into the backend of their platform while maintaining vast customization options. Everything is easy to find, easy to learn, and easy to customize. It’s very user-intuitive and you can tell a lot of thought and effort has gone into making it that way.

Cons

The search feature on the front end has much to be desired. I’ve never really been able to get the hang of it. Maybe I’m doing it wrong, but it doesn’t seem nearly as effective as YouTube’s searching, for example. In the very least, it’s not as user-intuitive.

Yann from 360 Entrepreneur

Industry: Online Media

A Solid Platform for Hosting Videos for Different Purposes

I have used Vimeo Pro for a few years and have been more than satisfied with it. I have used it to host different types of videos: video lessons to be embedded into online course portals, private videos I only wanted to share with a specific client, and sessions of a virtual summit, just to mention a few.

Pros

In addition to the good price-quality rate, I really like Vimeo's ease of use. You can simply drag and drop a video to start the upload process. Next, you can do a lot with just a few clicks: set the privacy level for the embedding of the video, choose a thumbnail, change the color of the play button and other buttons, and much more. I really like the fact that, depending on the privacy setting you pick when it comes to embedding a video, you can decide not to make it embeddable anywhere or to have it embedded only on a particular domain and nowhere else.

Cons

The Vimeo Pro plan I used didn't have the Call-to-Action feature which, in my opinion, would have made sense to include in the membership at that price point.