All Adilo Reviews

Above all else: SECURITY

Stasha

Graphic Design, 1 employee

Promising first impression!

I am a user of Vadoo and Publit.io video hosting providers. I have only good words for Vadoo, while Publit.io has to do some improvements. But, I didn't resist buying Adilo either. The Dashboard is clear, maybe a little overwhelming with the options, but just because they have so many things to offer. There is a tutorial for each step. Everything is well connected and works nicely, they thought about tidiness.

PROS

I love the possibility to add something directly in the video, captions and their promising customization of the video player, also branding everything. There are good privacy options keeping in mind business as well as video hosting just for a hobby. The Dashboard is clear and shows everything, but for every video, you have more options to modify. You have the ability to watch how your video popularity grows or where is the place to improve it. There is the page with your Public presentation. It has almost everything for business and hobby use.

CONS

The speed of video processing is too long. I uploaded a video of 7min/20MB and after half of an hour is still processing. Maybe is something just on my side, but still is frustrating because I don't know what caused that lack of speed processing while the upload speed is good. That's something I will love to be improved. Also, I don't see every option in the left column before I do the zoom out the window to be 90%.

Reasons for switching to Adilo

Publitio has some issues and everyone who watches videos outside my Country has lacked speed.

Jay

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

A video hosting platform alternative to Vimeo and YouTube

Amazing experience so far. I have used other video hosting platforms. I think Adilo researched their competitors and have us an awesome platform with all our needs and perks combined into one!

PROS

A few of our favorite features are the smooth uploading speed and process, an easy interfaces to organize your projects and channels, great customization of the videos include appearance, thumbnail, control buttons, privacy, chapters and subtitles, easy to follow tutorial guides under the help sections of the website, branding options including custom domains, 4k videos and data analytics.

CONS

I would like to see more integrations to email marketing providers and social media platforms.

Reason for choosing Adilo

My biggest concern was pricing as I am a growing business and rely on keeping my costs down while providing quality services to my clients.

Reasons for switching to Adilo

Adilo was a more mature product with a better design interface and a better feature set

Christian

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2023

Video Hosting Platform For Marketers

I like their model but once I got my account I'm realizing I can't have as many views as I thought I'd be able to have, due to the bandwidth issue, so I feel forced to upgrade to a higher account limit, which is not a good feeling after thinking I got a 500 GB account so I'd never need more. Plus the customer service is very frustrating, having to wait for days.

PROS

Adilo has put together some great features for businesses using videos in their marketing, like analytics showing views, call to actions and email capture

CONS

The customer service is very poor. They have a live chat and do have someone there...but every time I've asked for help they tell me it will be 12-24 hours and I've never heard back. I've had to remind them multiple times before finally getting the help I need, even with super simple questions like "what day of the month does my monthly bandwidth renew?"When I purchased the software I didn't know there was a bandwidth limit, I thought there was just a storage limit (probably my fault). So I got an account with 500 GB of storage. Problem is, when you upload a video they create multiple versions so your storage is way more than the video you uploaded. Then...when someone watches your video, they track your bandwidth, and I'm finding that even though I don't have many viewers, when they do watch a video it uses a lot more bandwidth than I would think, so even though I have lots of storage, the bandwidth gets used much faster than I would imagine, and I have no idea how to track that.

Reasons for switching to Adilo

I wanted to brand my videos, have full control, be able to use marketing features like email capture, and not have commercials.

Mell

Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 employees

A Fantastic Video Hosting Platform for Personal Brands

Love it - it has changed my world.

PROS

As a content creator who values functionality and customisation, I have found Adilio to be a stellar video hosting platform that has exceeded my expectations. With its robust set of features and impressive level of customisation options, Adilio has become my go-to platform for hosting and sharing my videos online.

CONS

The extra storage can get costly, so I buy extra during promotional periods.

Reasons for switching to Adilo

Control of what is displayed at the end of my video

Jimmy

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Great features and value

PROS

I'm thrilled to see a great product for video hosting that's full of important features for modern marketing strategies. For the price point, it's hard to beat.

CONS

We can't upload videos and put them in multiple playlists from different projects. This means in these instances, we have to upload the same video into each project separately if we want to include them in other playlists.

Reason for choosing Adilo

price to value was critical for us. As a early stage business, minimizing costs without losing functionality is critical.

Skye

Management Consulting, 2-10 employees

Powerful Video Management Platform For Business

Very positive, solid platform with great support/help docs.

PROS

I loved how quickly I could record my screen/webcam in the Snaps feature, and then place it on a landing page for fast (quick loading) streaming. The analytics also allowed me to know how effective the content was so I can pivot to create more engagement.

CONS

Would prefer if auto captions were unlimited on all plans as AI can provide this and the user could edit transcripts.

Reason for choosing Adilo

Better deal with generous terms

Reasons for switching to Adilo

Because Vimeo wasn't offering the same level of features at the same price

Masuk Sarker

E-Learning, 201-500 employees

Reviewed June 2021

the best video hosting i have ever seen

PROS

This Adilo video hosting is exceptional!! I am so blessed after using their service. Super fast upload speed, unlimited project, unlimited storage, youtube like channel creation is also possible. Video replace option like Vimeo!!!! DRM for preventing piracy ‍☠️

CONS

Under the project, I am unable to create folders to organize videos. This is the only downside.

Reasons for switching to Adilo

Adilo has everything that vimeo has + It has DRM security, YouTube like channel creation option, chapter adding and much much more.

Shane

Market Research, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Adilo is an Excellent product!

It's the perfect product for our business and will help us a lot in the future with how we run our campaigns and grow our marketing and sales.

PROS

What I like the most is that you can have a video option on the screen and customer everything you want on the video player. It's straightforward to use, and I have no probably adding to my business workflow.

CONS

If it had video funnels, it would be a game changer for Adilo, and customers would love this feature.

Reason for choosing Adilo

It was so easy to use, and the price was excellent. I like how the UX and UI are designed and formatted.

Magdalena

Graphic Design, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2023

Adilo is a user-friendly platform made easy for any business owner

I am a content creator and I record videos for learning a language on one site and graphic design courses for another, so Adilo has allowed me to function better as a creator to keep my content organized.

PROS

The useability to make several changes to my content to allow it to be consistent with my website branding.

CONS

Perhaps it would be not many integrations

Reasons for switching to Adilo

I am experimenting new products for my business

Milda

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed May 2023

Really glad I found Adilo

PROS

Seamless embedding, quality streaming, privacy settings and the many options to customise and make it aligned to my brand

CONS

It took me some time to find my way around it, as there are a lot of options for customisation

Reasons for switching to Adilo

I found Loom a little clunky for what I needed with my video course lessons and I wasn't able to remove certain features. Adilo feels more professional and fits my business better

Alfredo

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2022

Excellent video hosting

My experience with Adilo is quite good, the platform is stable and allows you to work at a good pace. Options are close at hand and in good supply. Generally, all functions are simple to implement. The streaming is good, the users watch the videos without problems and there are no complaints in that regard. They constantly manage offers, which allowed us to grow our plan little by little. They continually add new features. We are very happy with this investment.

PROS

It has many advantages: - It has LTD plans - Allows the management of multiple projects - Users can be added, whether they are clients or collaborators - Custom domains can be added - It is a stable platform - You can configure various brands (colors, logo) - Excellent privacy options in the videos (by domain, password, with water masks, configuration of browser controls, among others). - Player customization - Creation of landing pages for videos with option for comments - Advanced statistics by video or by project - Multiple ways to share content - Supports audio

CONS

- The support is a bit slow, it has been improved, but they lack more staff. - Somewhat basic documentation, not all options are explained in depth. - Some functions have errors, but they are corrected as they are reported, they strive to make everything work. - They lack the option of live transmission - It is necessary that other softwares carry out integrations with them

Reason for choosing Adilo

Much greater capacity and tools, they are specialists in the function we were looking for, a video hosting.

Reasons for switching to Adilo

We chose an LTD plan over a monthly payment plan, and that also gave us all the functionalities we required

Kevin

E-Learning, 1 employee

Excellent Vimeo alternative

I've been using Vimeo exclusively since 2008 — back when there was a much bigger difference in video quality between Vimeo and YouTube, plus no ads. I've been generally pretty happy with Vimeo… other than the price (at least it's not a Wistia-crazy kind of price!). But Vimeo has been pretty slow about adding new features. I bought Adilo as an LTD… but as I've been taking it for a test drive, I'm happy to discover so many features that Vimeo doesn't have. I'll be keeping Vimeo for one account that I manage because of the included livestreaming functionality… but my other accounts are all moving to Adilo!

PROS

• Scheduled Publishing/Unpublishing • Content Security • Robust Analytics

CONS

• No 1.25x or 0.75x speed controls (1.5x is too fast; 0.5x is too slow) • No global presets for player appearance (e.g. which controls appear) and interaction tools… so I have to manually toggle on/off what is shown on the playbar, set it to display the thumbnail at the end, etc. for each video.

Reason for choosing Adilo

Wistia is crazy expensive!

Reasons for switching to Adilo

Primarily due to cost, but I've since discovered a number of useful features that Vimeo does not have.

Patrick

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Excellent Software

Adilo helps me protect my videos and helps reduce my video hosting costs. I always used to battle with slow embeds with my previous provider so the fact that Adilo takes load speed seriously is also such an amazing feature for my business. Overall my experience with Adilo has been exceptionally positive and I would highly recommend them to any business that uses video.

PROS

I love the fact that I can apply dynamic watermarks to my videos to protect them. I also really like that they offer unlimited video uploads, speed optimized video embeds and generous bandwidth.

CONS

As a fairly new company, their software doesn't have a ton of integrations with other software yet. In the meantime, I just use Zapier so it's not a huge deal.

Reason for choosing Adilo

Mainly cost but also because Adilo provides a ton of additional features that the other options did not.

Reasons for switching to Adilo

The main factor was cost. But after using Adilo, I also realised that they have a much deeper feature set and overall provide a better product.

Gregory

Management Consulting, 2-10 employees

The New Home of our Corporate Videos

Very happy with this video hosting solution. I've used at least 8 different video tools in the past 5 years and Adilo is now my favourite based on the combination of cost, value and functionality. I think it will only get better in years to come.

PROS

Adilo has a great feature set: Ease of use Simple, slick interface Multi-video uploads Fast-loading responsive videos on CDN Marketing features (CTA, Lead Capture) CRM Integrations Team Collaboration Project Segmentation Great, professional support!

CONS

Hopefully, a folder system will be coming soon to further organise videos within each project. Also, I'm optimistic that it will be possible to pass tag data to the CRM to segment viewers on the backend. Based on feedback received, there's a good chance this will happen.

Reason for choosing Adilo

More competitive price for a similar value.

Reasons for switching to Adilo

Better marketing features. Video thumbnail support.

Reviewed August 2021

Solid platform, solid video player and FAST videos!

I love that my viewers get a quality viewing experience while I get to redirect them and get the videos working exactly as I want them.

PROS

For 2 years, I have been looking for a solid video hosting and player solution without the expensive hosting fees. I don't upload a lot of videos (less than 10) so the price had to match how much I used the platform. There have been so many solutions that just didn't meet my needs and I ended up paying for a year of Vimeo. This is why I'm so grateful for Adilo. It's is perfect because it delivers such a quality experience for an unbeatable price. I really like the UI, it can be improved but of course, that's not the most important. I also really like that the analytics are immediately available below the video. The video player itself is solid and clean, modeling Wistia's, which out of all the major video players, I love the most, which makes me very happy. And most importantly, the videos upload and play FAST! That has been something I really needed... just a quality viewer experience.

CONS

The backend UI can be improved, it's not 100% there yet but this is just a small issue. It's already pretty great.

Reasons for switching to Adilo

Vimeo Pro was too expensive for what I use, and VadooTV's video player was great but Adilo's was better. Also Adilo had just as many features as Vimeo, for an unbeatable price.

Tonya

Publishing, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2021

Impressed

I will use Adilo to implement an online course revenue stream, something I have wanted to do for some time.

PROS

I liked the Adilo features better including the enhanced security, the multi-language subtitles since I have a worldwide fan base, and the ease of uploading videos. Also, I have found the customer service outstanding. I have also been impressed by the road map and really like the planned direction the product is going.

CONS

The more advanced features are a bit intimidating, but I liked the customer service so much I am confident I will be able to master them. I like the fact that I can use the product for marketing but this will require some learning and experimentation on my part.

Reason for choosing Adilo

Adilo was more cost-effective and I like the security features and the speed. I also wanted the subtitle features.

Reasons for switching to Adilo

Adilo is more cost-effective, especially since I purchased the lifetime subscription through App Somo. I couldn't justify the high cost of Vimeo when I needed to upgrade.

Qwantel

Management Consulting, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2021

Goodbye Vimeo, Hello Adilo

I've learned that there is a solution for everything. And if no one has thought about it, it is definitely being built. And I'm soooo happy that Adilo has come up with an easy solution for video hosting. Everyone isn't trying to be YouTube rockstars (and let's be real, the advertisement on YouTube has me so aggravated). I've used Vimeo which is an alternative to this and their interface is not as intuitive as I'd hope, or something is always down on the website. To be a hosting platform for videos you'd think it'd be lightning-fast and it isn't. But Adilo solves all of these issues, from branding to storage, to ads, and more. I'm so happy I found this solution! It is truly the best!

PROS

Pros - Smooth uploading speed and process - Easy interfaces to organize your projects and channels - Tutorial guides under the help sections of the website - Able to create brand customize domains - Host up to 4K resolution videos

CONS

Would like more integrations with Social Channels. Social media isn't going anywhere.

Reasons for switching to Adilo

Vimeo is slow, the pricing is a bit expensive and it's not as intuitive for the basic hosting I was seeking.

Candace