All Vadoo Reviews

Venture Capital & Private Equity, 11 - 50 employees

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed July 2021

Move over big tech, this one is about to rock the video hosting and engagement world

Faaz

Reviewed September 2021

Best Vimeo Alternative

I'm happy using Vadoo as my video hosting. I've switched from vimeo for my video course. It has 122 videos and all are now hosted on vadoo. I haven't faced any issue yet.

PROS

What I like the most is that Vadoo team is constantly adding more features which makes it most cost effective feature rich video hosting.

CONS

As it's a new company, there are constantly releasing updates and making their system better. I don't like constant updates but it's just a matter of time as they've already released so many updates.

Reasons for switching to Vadoo

Vadoo is an underdog and has a small userbase. So they can easily add new features and experiment with cool features. Vadoo provides more feautres and more value for money.

Javier

E-Learning, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2021

An indispensable tool for online trainers

The biggest benefit for me is being able to have all my videos hosted in one place, both the video lessons and the videos with marketing actions. And for a very competitive price. I really like the player. I think my students are going to really appreciate the possibilities of varying the playback speed or the buttons to go forward or backward.

PROS

It also allows you to activate calls to action within the video. The latter seems especially interesting for creators of online courses, since it opens the possibility of including questions or a quiz at the end of a video lesson. In addition to the usual calls to action of marketing actions. Using the platform is super easy an intuitive.

CONS

I think they should incorporate the GDPR as soon as possible. In Europe we cannot capture leads without this option. That is, we cannot use yet one of the most interesting features of VadooTv. On the other hand, it is not clear to me what will happen to 4K videos in the future. At the moment it is possible to upload 4K video, but it will play it at 1080p.

Reasons for switching to Vadoo

First by not having to pay every month. And secondly, because I love accompanying new companies in their growth.

Osama

Religious Institutions, 1 employee

Ambitious Video and Audio service

The price is very good and the main reason for using Vadoo.

PROS

Vadoo allows you to embed a video and audio player on your website. You can also make a custom webpage that shows your video. You can customize the colors and picture. It will download your videos directly from a youtube URL. Speed is very good.

CONS

Vadoo is still a work in progress. It is okay for personal use, but still needs some work for business use. The potential is there because they are actively working on the user interface and other features. Bulk editing is my biggest concern.

Price

Alex

Reviewed June 2021

Affordable video hosting alternative with bright future

I wanted a solution that would be marketing-oriented with in-video CTA's and without third-party ads running unexpectedly. Additionally, Vadoo is still affordable and I can use domain security and HSL encryption to prevent videos from unauthorized embedding or downloading.

PROS

I like the fact that Vadoo does not play third-party ads before, during or after the playback. Videos hosted on Vadoo are secured through HSL and they also use CDN to make the loading time faster. They provide a CNAME feature so you can use it with your own domain name. You can embed CTA's right in the video. What I really like is that the team behind Vadoo listens carefully to user feedback and they sometimes implement requested features very quickly. The roadmap of the product looks solid and promising.

CONS

The UI requires a revamp as it is a bit uncomfortable to work with it. Some bugs are still there, but the product is still under development. The analytics they provide is still limited. More advanced analytics would be great. Additionally, event tracking is still not there. Subtitles in different languages would be a great feature as the Vadoo users come from different countries. I do hope future updates and upgrades will solve all issues.

Reason for choosing Vadoo

Affordable pricing and features they outlined in their roadmap. Additionally, the Vadoo team listens carefully to their users and implements requested features.

Reasons for switching to Vadoo

No third-party ads, integrated marketing tools, promising roadmap.

Drs. Hans

Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2021

If you're a trainer, coach or thought leader, you need adfree, reliable delivery of your videos

When you pay for a course, you expect a good video. With good, I mean fast-loading, intuitive player, and a color scheme that fits the brand and/or page. Vadoo delivers on those points. Of course, you can upload a video to YouTube, make it private and embed it into an online course. But the announcement of YouTube that they may also serve ads on ALL YouTube content pushed me over the line: I need a reliable video delivery system. I once bought a lifetime deal for such a tool (Spotlightr), but in my opinion that product maybe has more possibilities (I don't use) but because of that more difficult to navigate and use. On that point, ease of use is Vadoo definitely the winner!

PROS

As a small business entrepreneur, I, unfortunately, have to do 'these kinds of things myself. So ease of use is very important to me. My current tool, Spotlightr (firmly know as VooPlayer) is very useful, but by far not as simple to use as Vadoo is. That saves me time because I have almost no learning curve. And if you're not a daily user of a tool, then it's also great that everything is and does what you expected to be/do.

CONS

I like the option to show your video in a 'sort of' bubble on a webpage. I was surprised that you do not get the original (rectangular) video when you click on it. I would also suggest that the area where the bubble video takes its content from is adjustable. Or ... how about using some Artificial Intelligence?

Reasons for switching to Vadoo

Ease of use and much bigger limits for my video storage.

Andrea

Management Consulting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Finally - A Great Video Hosting and Management Alternative for Small Business Owners

It's been fantastic. I can’t recommend this video hosting, delivery, and marketing tool enough. I’m very excited to add Vadoo.tv to our company technology stack.

PROS

The feature set is impressive, from generous storage, total videos, users, and projects, to white label and CNAME options, and incredibly fun and functional applications for websites, social, email, and more. Even better, their features are incredibly easy to use! Within MINUTES of subscribing, I had uploaded and imported two videos, popped them through on both Wordpress and Joomla websites, and displayed them as in-line videos, in buttons and as image popovers, did a social share, and emailed them. I still haven't figured out the "bubble" function, but I have high hopes.

CONS

I honestly haven't found any cons yet. It's intuitive, fast, and easy to use, and very affordable!

Reasons for switching to Vadoo

It was too complex for most of my team to use. So it always had to be routed to our most senior technical person. Not a great use of resources.

Jolene

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed June 2021

Great multi-purpose video hosting solution for small blogger, educator, and coach

I am excited to create landing pages as a subdomain that host video collections for people who find my blog online and don't want to go to YouTube. I also love that I can create customer videos and host them easily. Since YT now adds advertising whether we want it or not, it's valuable to have video hosting without ads. ALSO, I am working on course creation and may need to embed videos hosted by VadooTV. It appears that I may be able to use this for podcast hosting in the future too, which is exciting as a solopreneur. To date I have tested some of the features and played around with learning how to use it. I would love some more case scenarios and training videos.

PROS

I love the number of features I get for video and audio hosting. Videos can be embedded on my site or emails, or I can create a landing page for a project full of videos. I can host videos without advertising, or add a personal CTA. I also love that I can whitelabel the video content (with a high enough plan) and customize the player. A couple features I was surprised to find include GIF creations and bubble videos. So grateful to have this video hosting solution!

CONS

In the help section, I would like to see more than a simple description. It would be helpful to have more information about CNAME set up, for example.

Reason for choosing Vadoo

Lifetime deal. CNAME options. Storage space. Option to host and embed videos, PLUS other great features that I believe I will use.

Filiberto

Logistics and Supply Chain, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed May 2022

Great video hosting with a solid player!

So long for advertising or related content in an embedded video. I am really pleased that I got the chance to get my hands on Vadoo. Is an excellent alternative for video hosting with a great quality video player

PROS

I have never liked embedding Youtube videos on my sites, because the visitors can get hooked on another content, and you will lose their attention. I have embedded a lot of content and everything works flawlessly. You can even decide to show your logo in the video or not. The uploading speed on the dashboard is excellent, and the player has all the features that I could have asked for!

CONS

So far all the scenarios that I've tried to accomplish are working for me, so to be honest I don't have any complaints about anything.

Reasons for switching to Vadoo

I was looking to get rid of the Youtube player on my site (and ads), so this was a perfect solution!

Great Alternative To Other Video Services

It allowed me a very affordable solution to video hosting that doesn't ruin my original content with ads and items that might draw my audience away.

PROS

This is a very nice alternative to Vimeo. Having Youtube was great but having my competitor's videos showing before my videos wasn't an option. With Vadoo, it's very simple to upload videos, and what's even better is you can import your videos you have established with YouTube and Vimeo. It was super easy, and within 10 minutes, I was importing the videos. After that, I assigned the task to my VA, and he was easily able to import the videos faster than I did. Side note it looks like the analytics will be a nice feature as I'm a numbers,

CONS

The project section is a little confusing, but Ill study that a little more. It seems like it might be something to upgrade to categorize out my videos for different clients or sites.

Reasons for switching to Vadoo

Cost, usability and having issues with the videos vanishing for no reason.

Srinivas

Design, 2-10 employees

Best Alternative of Vimeo Pro

I am really amazed with the speed and branded player offered by the vadoo. It perfectly works as intended which we are using on our websites, and we are building our course platform on top of this. It has analytics as well which will eventually improve as per the current roadmap of the company.

PROS

The AD free streaming, unlimited bandwidth and HLS encryption got my attentions. Its a deadly combination to use the software on our courses, company websites and also for clients works.

CONS

Not really, but wish they can support 4k streaming soon.

Reasons for switching to Vadoo

Got the vadootv for a lifetime price which helps save a lot of money on our yearly subscripions.

Ujjal

Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Solution for video recording and hosting with great potential

Using its full fledged video player with all necessary controls for my training videos. Using it to record training videos (screen) instead of camtasia and Loom, costing me less. If I wish I can move my Amazon hosted videos to vadoo server and save cost there. Will be using it on email marketing campaigns to include video links with gif preview. Benefits I have realised - bought the LTD from Appsumo and will now save monthly expenses.

PROS

I was looking for a nice video player with all the controls for hosting my training videos and vadoo.tv came at the right time with a lifetime deal. Things that I like: 1) The Vadoo team listens and responds to its customers and working hard to bring updates. A software is as good as the service behind it. These guys serve. Roadmap if they keep listening to public looks impressive. 2) Video player is nice looking, customizable, have all the necessary controls. Can be web embedded, email embedded, or shared through URL on a landing page. 3) Web app has inbuilt video recorder for screen share or camera recording, that replaces software's like Loom, although not quite there yet. There's also a Chrome recorder extension. 4) Comes with plenty of storage space which are hosted on Amazon S3. Users have option to use videos hosted elsewhere and use just the vadoo player for streaming. 5) Audio player also available. 6) Video requests can be sent e.g. to customers for review videos that directly uploads to the app. 7) Feature to protect unauthorized download. 8) Custom branding of email embeds, landing page and player. 9) CNAME for landing page on your own site (for certain plans)

CONS

It's a new software and the team is working toward making it better. Some of things I don't like at present (Jun 2021) are: 1) Chrome extension for recorder interface isn't fully developed yet and requires redesign. Videos recorded cannot be edited/trimmed before upload. Camera gets turned on when it should be disabled (screen share option). Looms works a lot better. But recording quality is good. 2) Videos can be recorded via the web app aren't 16:9 format, they are more square. This includes the request videos (customer reviews e.g.) 3) Vertical format video recordings not possible. 4) HD quality video playback for videos hosted on vadoo is not available on all plans. 5) CNAME option is not available on all plan. 6) User interface/menu is a little difficult to follow, but I am sure they will change it for better and make it more intuitive in future once more functionalities have been added. 7) Folder structure for videos are absent right now, it's in the roadmap. 8) Forms to capture leads are very basic and limited functionality 9) need more integrations with other software

Reasons for switching to Vadoo

Better video player, all in one solution, great potential

Henry

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Why I made the Jump to Vadoo

I can post direct links to landing pages that I do not think is possible with my current solution. We will also be saving a lot on monthly costs

PROS

Super-secure cloud-based servers offer comprehensive protection for your data. You can easily import your videos from YouTube, Vimeo, AWS, Publitio You're also able to customize your video player's color and skin to match your branding. You can add strategically placed CTAs to your content to drive more engagement. I do full-length instructional videos, tutorials and demos that helps my website and blog visitors understand how to use our product. You can embed videos on your website or blog or even send them in an email. The only thing you need to do to connect your videos to your favorite social media channels is to push it and it'll take care of the rest!

CONS

It is still a new product, so only time will tell if it will become one of the giants like Wistia and Vimeo.

Reason for choosing Vadoo

I will be using both for now until I have migrated all my content over to Vadoo

Marcia

Education Management, 1 employee

Best Affordable, Solution for Course Creators

My overall experience has been awesome. I needed a video hosting provider to go with my course. The benefit is that I can store unlimited videos all in one place. The support from the Facebook community is excellent as well.

PROS

I like the affordability and simplicity the best. I had been researching video hosting for a while to use with my course on MemberVault. I compared Muse.ai, Vimeo, and Loom, but none offered all the features that Vadoo has for the same price. I have just used it on several of my videos and it works great! You can customize the player and include calls-to-action and landing pages! The instructions are very clear and you can set everything up immediately. The App Sumo lifetime deal makes this investment super worth it!

CONS

Since it is so new, I am sure it will have some quirks, but so far I have not found any.

Reasons for switching to Vadoo

I had been researching other comparable video hosting providers, but none offered the same lifetime price with all the features I needed as Vadoo.

Prabdeep

E-Learning, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2021

PROS

Refreshing to see great video hosting, simple to use and at a great price with no subscription. I luckily snapped up the lifetime deal. As i do slightly longer video tutorials it is important that there are no ads to distract the students. Great devliery speeds, I really like the support and facebook group (no bots) and get to chat with a human being and they have excellent customer service. They actually really care about the customer feedbak and regularly update their products based on this. They have an active roadmap which they are always working. Vadoo tv is still innovating and adding more new features. Nice touch to be able to emebedd on the website, a slick landing page and CTA are great for the video conversion. The HLS encryption it quite secure and gives a great piece of mind so it makes it more difficult to download the protected videos. Nice interface for the customised player and the white lable makes you look more professional I also like the web interface so that it is easy to manage projects. Overall i have converted to a vadoo fan! Thanks

CONS

custom HTML as a Call to Action but this is on the road map

Reason for choosing Vadoo

Simple to use, great price, great support and no subscription

Dipanshu

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Amazing products in this price

What's not to love about this product, it solves all the problems of monthly video subscriptions accounts Vimeo and annoying as hell adverts in YouTube. This enables us to provide a branded solution to all our video assets, courses and keep them all in one place. Given what we are doing with video this is the easiest full stack imaginable Plus you get the added bonus of white label, CNAME and HLS encryption to protect your assets awesome deal thanks very much. Screen recorder is + advantage.

PROS

I purchased it because of video storage and found it has a lot more features, very happy with my purchase. Screen recording, import from google drive and youtube. Use and send video emails, Fast access to videos, easy to understand and use.

CONS

youtube import feature need some more improvement. Rest all is best!

Reasons for switching to Vadoo

Youtube we can not stop ads, Berrycast sometimes show error, Vimeo costly affair

Reviewed June 2021

A video hosting platform is just what I needed!

The problem I'm solving with Vadoo is the ability to host multiple videos on multiple websites without unwanted advertisements. I need to have complete control and ownership of my content, as well as the content of my clients, without the hefty price point.

PROS

The customization of the platform video player and call-to-action implementation are my favorite features. The speed of adding audio and video files is very zippy, on-part with youtube and Vimeo. Also being able to control each video function and match the theme of my websites is very. very helpful!

CONS

On the audio side, I would like to see URLs that show .mp3 extensions so I can add them to my preferred page builder as a link rather than just as an embed.

Reasons for switching to Vadoo

Vimeo is an awesome product, but the features-to-cost ratio caused me to switch platforms.

Marcius