All Box Reviews

Jolie

Wholesale, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Organized and accessible

Box allows us to work collaboratively with teammates all over the world, both inside and outside our organization. The workflow is very smooth and we are able to make live updates to documents we work with regularly. The experience has been very positive and a big improvement over what we were using previously

PROS

Box has great storage capacity and many useful tools for editing and syncing items. It's a very flexible, scalable tool

CONS

We rely on Box so much that on the few occasions that it has gone down temporarily, we have been stuck until it's come back online. The good news is that this has happened only once or twice in 3+ years.

Reasons for switching to Box

Cleaner interface, better user experience, more reliable & capable

Brooke

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Google & Microsoft docs can finally live in the same collaborative space

PROS

I love the ability to have Google and Microsoft documents all in one folder that can be shared with others, operate in a collaborative space, and keep everything organized for all parties.

CONS

I haven't yet run across anything that I didn't like about Box yet.

Reasons for switching to Box

ShareFile was not able to accommodate collaborative spaces or the ability to house Google & MS documents in one place.

Chisom

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2024

My overall Insight with Box.

With Box,it is simple to organize and manage files and documents.

PROS

It is simple to store files and documents securely with Box.Again,I can quickly share files and documents with Box.It is simple to search and access documents and files quickly.

CONS

So far,I haven't experienced any difficulties with Box as it meets my needs.

Timothy

Environmental Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Customers not important to box

Discontinuing service. See above.

PROS

Unlimitedspace. With no extra charge. Multiple file types supported

CONS

We had requested flexibility on our licenses since our staff increases and reduces between 90-100 people. Our admin accidentally added licenses before removing some leavers resulting in an accidental increase in the licenses. Box would not reduce the number by 3 licenses even though this was a clear mistake. They tried to make us pay for the remaining period of our 3 year contract. This resulted in a waste of several thousand dollars when we were in cost reduction mode. Canceling. There are many equivalent services with better customer support and lower pricing.

Reason for choosing Box

We will go ack to sharepoint.

Usability

Rhia Roxanne

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Organising Tons of Large Files

PROS

That it's easy to use from different gadgets - laptop, mobile and easy enough to use. I also like that it is not hard to share it with different types of emails whether for work, personal unlike others.

CONS

I can't think of any because most of it's features are really similar others. Apart of course from it's diffirentiator.

Reason for choosing Box

Ease of access for different users like internal team, external partners, and even clients. Also, it's very easy to use.

Reasons for switching to Box

It was hard to collaborate with external partners and sometimes they have a hard time accessing sometimes due to their email address.

Brian

Libraries, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

solid file sharing/storage service

We had a very positive experience using the service. We never experienced any downtime, or other interruptions in service. Features all worked as advertised for us.

PROS

The interface is very easy to navigate, and anyone who has worked with any of these types of services will easily find their way around without issue.

CONS

There really isn't much to dislike about it. It actually just turned out to be overkill for our needs.

Reason for choosing Box

We received a very nice discount for being a non-profit, which made it one of the more affordable options in our situation.

Abdelhak

Accounting, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2023

box the best app that you can use

since I have using the Box app I haven't faced any problems

PROS

I like the box app because its a very easy app and very helpful

CONS

up to my experiences when I'm using the Box app I find it a complete APP

Akinyemi

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Backup files to the cloud with Box!

PROS

Has made it easy for us to securely store files. We can easily collaborate and share files and documents with others. Also i like it’s strong security in the cloud.

CONS

It is great for secure file sharing and collaboration, nothing that I dislike towards it.

Mike

Alternative Medicine, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2024

Box - easy, effective and secure cloud storage you can totally rely on

Happy I found this years ago. When I was a teacher, I would put student documents online, so they could access the notes later - and they also loved getting teh free introduction to using Box.

PROS

I like the way it integrates. I use it with Trello. I also have a folder of all my details for when I travel, like photos of my passport, tickets and contact numbers. It means I can access these from anywhere if the world if needed.

CONS

Nothing. It's a great product and works really well. There's nothing to complain about with Box

Maggie

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Box simplifies how I work

BOX is a hidden gem. Between its AI capabilities, app integrations, and task management system, I don't think I would use anything else. It is a great tool.

PROS

When I use BOX, I know that my day to day will be more manageable. It helps me seamlessly connect my job tasks to my busy work schedule and keeps me in a good routine. They have a ton of app integrations that you can use too. I also like the AI features

CONS

BOX is great and I really can't think of anything I would change about it.

Jen

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Secure Data Room - so easy to use

PROS

Compared to the crap the lawyers ask us to use, Box is a dream. Easy to create folders, designate who can see, edit, upload, download to ultimate control, and great insights into who is doing what (nice to see a potential investor download the whole folder - shows they are serious).

CONS

The pricing is a little confusing with "managed" users and non-managed users. We have a ton of investors that come in one-time, I don't want to pay for them, but I need their experience to be excellent.

Ernest

Research, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed August 2023

An honest review of box

PROS

The cloud storage for box is 2nd to none. You are able to collaborate with individuals for projects.

CONS

I think the free version of box should allow for more storage. That's something that can be improved upon.

Emily

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed May 2024

PROS

I liked how easy Box was to use and to keep my files organized

CONS

It was just another software to keep track of. I prefer using other document storage software

Jayash

Market Research, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Box is the best cloud based tool for businesses

My overall experience with Box is so good; it's work flow is so smooth.

PROS

Actually, most of the time, I use Box for file sharing and content management.

CONS

As of so far, nothing is there that I dislike, but there is just a normal issue of uploading speed, which comes sometime, but that is also automatically solved.

Zahra

Management Consulting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Stable Storage Solution

Its good, overall i have no complaints.

PROS

Its a stable solution. The free plan was good but we moved to Business because that's what we needed it for. So the mobile apps are good, desktop sync is instant and there are no hiccups involving security, privacy, sync, uploads and management

CONS

You can't really move your main folder of storage once it has been set up. I initially wanted it on Drive D, now I wish to move it, but Box doesn't allow it. I will need to uninstall and then reinstall the whole damn thing for the shift to take place. Dropbox didnt have this problem. Yes I use both.

Reason for choosing Box

Got free 50GB initially and then onwards it just stuck with us:) OneDrive seemed expensive too, but now we have Office 365 so OneDrive is part of it.

Dropbox is expensive

Hayley

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2020

My Life Saver

Amazing. Box has helped transform my organization into a fully functioning team. We use this ALL the time. Any questions? Look on Box.

PROS

Box is honestly one of the greatest organizational tools out there. I use Box several times a day for all of my documents. Box has all major servers (Word, Excel, Notes, ect.) and you can upload anything to it! It also updates with real time and allows several viewers/editors at a time. This has been a MUST during executive meetings. We can also upload any music, video or picture files to share, which is essential for our industry. The ability to make several folders and organize data well is the key to using Box. I have almost transitioned out of using Google Docs completely.

CONS

Honestly, the only issue I have with box is sometimes there are loading issues when working on a file with the desktop. Also I can't find a way to delete old files that have been shared with another person that I don't want anymore.

Reasons for switching to Box

I switched from google docs because the ease of use, ability to work both online or desktop, ease of loading files, and great organizational options that Google Drive doesn't offer!

Publishing, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Can't imagine running our business without Box

We used Dropbox for a number of years, and we found it very "fragile". Without good access to different levels of security for our team, we would often find files deleted or overwritten by inexperienced employees. Once, an employee using Dropbox's desktop app accidentally deleted our entire list of files and Dropbox had to restore (taking several days). That was the straw that broke the camel's back, so we switched to Box and haven't looked back. It's secure, solid, excellent uptime, and does everything we need and more. Our company stores mission-critical contracts, source files, and other material, and it's locked down only to the appropriate users. We have nearly 7 TB of files from our company's history stored with Box and I sleep great at night knowing they're safe and secure.

PROS

The access levels for intra-company sharing are very granular, allowing us the ability to protect privileged information,

CONS

It's hard to be critical of this tool. Some of the features we never use (notes, for example) seem a little clunky, but I understand they're improving. Those are all secondary, however. The main product itself is unbeatable.

Reasons for switching to Box

As outlined earlier, Dropbox's lack of file-level permissions allowed a company underling to wipe out the entire storage area of our company. After that mishap we considered using NAS only, but we really wanted cloud redundancy as well as local files. Box solved all of our problems that Dropbox presented.

Kavya

Research, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed January 2022

Probably my most used file management software

I've used this while working with a team at a startup and in graduate school now. Highly recommend for both collaboration as well as backing up document and cloud storage.

PROS

Box Sync is the first thing I'd recommend if you don't have that already. It sets up a folder on your local computer that you can treat as a folder just like 'Documents' and it syncs automatically when you're connected to wifi. I also like using Box Sync with Mendeley (reference manager) because it syncs all the docs in Mendeley into a single location on Box, which is great. I can make notes in the PDFs and it syncs into Mendeley so that I can see my comments there as well. The version control has saved my many times because every time you create a new version or save a document, it holds onto old versions. This way if you accidentally overwrite something, you can usually go back into Box online, look at previous versions, and restore the right one. It's also easy to use and isn't finicky like many software.

CONS

Unlike most of my software reviews, I don't have much to say for cons.

Reason for choosing Box

Box seems to have better version control and seems safer to use. You can create custom share links and get notified when your collaborator has accepted the request to collaborate.

Jill

Construction, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Box is serving as our One Source for all Collaborative Work

Box has been a positive and timely addition to the tools we use. We moved to Box just prior to the pandemic and it has become a staple for our now hybrid workteams.

PROS

Documents are easily stored and shared through our disbursed team. Having Box eliminates the need to keep local copies of important documents and allow for better control of versions. We have moved all of our Work Instructions and forms to Box for use within our Finance Team and for use by all company members. You can restrict access to ensure only those who need access can have it.

CONS

One thing it took us a while to get the hang of, is locking a shared document while we are updating it. If you don't lock the document, multiple people can access it and update it at the same time. Only upon saving would the team members learn that that we now have multiple copies of the same document and that none of them would be accurate.

Reasons for switching to Box

Box had a better user interface. It seemed more stable and we could share box links with parties outside our organization, to allow for better document control.

Mohammad