What are FORDATA VDR users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using FORDATA VDR software through verified user reviews

• icon"Easy to set up and launch, very time efficient."
  • icon"Exporting index of files and index of Q&A also helps to monitor incoming answers and new files."
  • icon"Accessible and easy to use in multi-national environment."
  • icon"Several years back, when I was last using Fordata's software, it still had no convenient mobile option. Also, it ran kind of sluggish on some browsers."
  • icon"On my last project I noticed that the status of questions was quite misleading - I couldn't find which questions are answered and which not."

Browse all FORDATA VDR Reviews

• Have you used FORDATA VDR and would like to share your experience with others?

Paweł

Reliable + value for money

Pros

Very good quality at a great price. I recall customer support very fondly. I was with an investment bank that had a number fo unique requests and they were all dealt with.

Cons

Several years back, when I was last using Fordata's software, it still had no convenient mobile option. Also, it ran kind of sluggish on some browsers. It was not a dealbreaker, but I would like to see this fixed (maybe it already has been).

Response from FORDATA

Thank you so much for this great 5-star review! We appreciate it! Your opinion is very important to us! Help us to improve for you.

Decent DD VDR software

I use Fordata VDR to receive data from target companies in due diligence processes. I had an overall good experience with this software and I can recommend it to a business professional in advisory sector.

Pros

Easy to use and pretty straightforward Daily updates about new files

Cons

Fordata VDR plugin does lack behind in terms of browser updates therefore IE or Edge is often the browser you need to use.

Response from FORDATA

Thank you for your comment and the recommendation! We are glad you find our VDR easy to use and are greatful for your suggestions. Chrome update could cause problems with how our plugin performed, but this issue is already solved.

Konrad

FORDATA REVIEW

VDR is used by my company to manage data flow between various parties during property due-diligence. It is used quite commonly. What I especially like about Fordata is great costumer support. Consultants are always available and eager to help.

Pros

* The interface is pretty transparent, although the design could be more modern-looking * The software allows to use all basic functionalities of the VDR * The staff is very helpful

Cons

* Interface looks obsolete, * the software works pretty slow, especially in terms of major operations (e.g. deleting files in bulk) * some of the functionalities (e.g. like sending notifications to users) are not very intuitive * Necessity to log into an additional panel (Fordata uploader) in order to manage files.

Response from FORDATA

Thank you for your valued comment! KIndly be informed that FORDATA VDR allows to manage files without necessity to log in to additional panel. The function is available in the main tab of VDR called "Documents" in "Edit Structure" section!

Replied February 2019

High quality of product and customer service

As mentioned, user friendly software with very powerful platform enabling a control the process. As well as responsive and kind customer service.

Pros

User friendly and quick. In situations of system slowdowns after noticing to the IT support - immediate response and improvement. Great control of the VDR.

Cons

It might have been the issue of my firewalls, but sometimes it was impossible to source data using company plugin

Response from FORDATA

Thank you so much for this great 5-star review. We really appreciate you being a loyal customer and helping to share the word about us. We pride ourselves on our customer service and IT support!

Tomasz

Industry: Investment Banking

Fordata VDR

For Data is quite popular VDR used for exchanging documents during due diligence processes. It is one of the best VDR providers I worked with.

Pros

Fordata VDR is intuitive and easy to navigate. It has all crucial functions - storage of data in an orderly way and Q&A function enabling attachment of files. Exporting index of files and index of Q&A also helps to monitor incoming answers and new files.

Cons

Response from FORDATA

Thank you for the positive review! We are glad you find the FORDATA system easy to navigate and the Q&A module functions helpful. We appreciate your comment on the questions statuses, too. Our developers will look into it.

Replied September 2020

due diligence

Pros

Structure clarity. Settings options. Client services.

Cons

I like the least old fashioned interface and design.

Response from FORDATA

Thank you for this wonderful review. We are glad you liked the design simplicity and our customer support.

Replied February 2021

Reliable but sometimes annoying

I share documents for legal DD and open shared documents for legal DD.

Pros

It's relatively easy to use. Sometimes it opens the documents quite fast.

Cons

I don't like the uploader. It is outdated. The website tends to crash.

Reasons for choosing FORDATA VDR

It's easy to get.

Response from FORDATA

Thank you for the positive review and suggestions! We are happy you found our VDR easy to use. Your opinion is of great value to us, we will keep it in mind while developing the software.

Replied February 2020

Vital for critical data share

Overall experience has been good and while I perform reviews, I have found the user interface interesting.

Pros

Facilitates secure and easy means of obtaining and procuring data between the private side and public side. The ability of access reviews to the data room etc is helpful.

Cons

The ability to run reports and MI could be enhanced. I need to learn how to create sib folders within a data room.

Response from FORDATA

Thank you so much! We hope your project run successfully. Your suggestions have been sent to our Customer Support. If you need assistance regarding document structure, please contact your VDR administrator, who will gladly help you!

Replied April 2021

Łukasz

Used for dd for 2 years

Overall very good.

Pros

The customer support is excellent. The interface is quite easy to use.

Cons

Necessity to log into an additional panel for uploading files. Too expensive.

Response from FORDATA

Wow, great 5-star review! Thank you for taking your time writing this comment!

Replied April 2019

Good for due diligence and other M&A related data sharing services

Good for due diligence and other M&A related data sharing services

Pros

Worked fast and had a good price to quality ratio

Cons

It was not easy to invite other users to the VDR. The interface was not always convenient and intuitive

Response from FORDATA

Thank you! It's great to hear you had a positive experience using our services in M&A and DD! We continuously strive to make our tool as convenient as possible and our support is always ready to guide you online through our interface. Recently, we also introduced the Knowledge Base module to the interface, which will help use different functions of the VDR.

Maciej

Industry: Renewables & Environment

good solutions with potential

Pros

The software is pretty straight forward with a lot of useful functions and add-ons. The customer support was excellent

Cons

We have faced some software mismatch issues (chrome, internet explorer or other browser compatibility). I was using it a while ago and I'm sure they have fixed this issue.

Response from FORDATA

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this excellent review. The mentioned issue is solved. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future!

Replied February 2019

Thoughts on FORDATA VDR from the perspective of a tax professional

As a M&A tax professional I use 5+ VDR tools from various providers. Fordata VDR is one of my favorites and - in my view - offers best value for money. I appreciate its speed and reliability.

Pros

Ease of use; has all of the features expected from similar products; can set-up delegates easily; ability to customize updates and notifications; reliability

Cons

Still small feature gap to biggest VDR providers.

Response from FORDATA

Thank you for such a great review! We are happy to hear you found our solution reliable and helpful. We will gladly hear any suggestions you might have concerning functionalities.

Replied February 2020

Marcin

Reliable provider

VDR in sell-side or dd in buy-side mandates

Pros

Accessible and easy to use in multi-national environment

Cons

Adding new members to existing teams could be easier and quicker. You may add a short cut to facilitate it.

Response from FORDATA

Thank you for the positive review! We are glad you find the FORDATA system easy to use.

Replied February 2021

Nice Room to use!

With Fordata VDR you can make due diligence in safety and comfortable way.

Pros

Safety, easy to access, nice looking software, stability

Cons

Low access to documents which aren't downloaded and printed

Response from FORDATA

Thank you for your review! We are glad you liked our VDR functions. As far as the access to documents is concerned, it depends on the Project Manager whether downloading and printing functions are allowed. You can always refer to the PM using Q&A module if you think you should have such access.

Zuzanna

M&A

I worked on it in several transactions and the tool make it very easy to coordinate the data and exchange them

Pros

It has many features that are easy to implement in field of data protection

Cons

layout looks a bit old and not always is intuitive but once you get used to it it can be easy to manage

Response from FORDATA

Thank you for your time writing the excellent comment! We make every effort to improve the ease of use of our VDR and keep in mind the overall UX, including the looks of the interface, which was upgraded last year.

Michal

Fordata VDR review

I work on FORDATA datarooms when I do due diligence for my clients.

Pros

Easy to use, good price, transparent interface

Cons

The fact that you need to run it under explorer - whenever I want to use Chrome it does not work.

Response from FORDATA

Thank you for the positive comment! We are glad you choose our product for conducting Due Diligence. Problems with Chrome plugin could result from Chrome update, which is already taken care of by the IT Team. Our Support is always ready to answer software-related questions, too!

Replied May 2019

From a lawyer involved in a due diligence

Pros

Updates about new documents was definitely helpful in a due diligence project.

Cons

Can't remember, however i didn't really enjoyed commercial news in my email box.

Response from FORDATA

Thank you for that great review! It's nice to hear our notification system proved useful. We would also like to kindly inform that we make sure no commercial email is ever sent to customers who didn't consent to it and we do our best not to oversupply it, too. Newsletter subscription can be cancelled at any time.

Replied June 2019

Anna

Easy to use, value for money

We set up a VDR.

Pros

Easy software to use, no unnecessary functionalities which would only decrease the speed. Great value for money.

Cons

There could be more "packages" to choose from.

Reasons for choosing FORDATA VDR

Better functionalities, more of a VDR than OneHub.

Response from FORDATA

Thank you for the great review! Please, be informed that we can always make a tailor-made VDR offer for you via Sales!

Replied October 2020

Piotr

Very good tool for e-commerce project

Much better than its peers (e.g. Intralinks or Merrill)

Pros

Easy access to shared materials by the client. Very useful "sort" tools

Cons

Speed of downloading files was very low. It always took me a lot of time to download files

Response from FORDATA

Thank you so much for a 5-star review! It's nice to hear our tools were useful. We constantly upgrade our software to meet the needs of our clients, this also includes transfer speeds.

Avnish

Industry: Investment Banking

Seamless usage

Pros

Worked well, did not have any complaints

Cons

Perhaps the ease of navigation (i.e. finding things) could be improved somewhat but in general was not much of an issue.

Response from FORDATA

Thank you for your valued comment! We do our best to better meet your expectations!

Kamil

Great platform!

Pros

Very kind and helpful project support, ready to assist at every stage of M&A project. Comprehensive platform's features and intuitive interface.

Cons

Instruction for Mac users could be better.

Response from FORDATA

Thank you so much for this great 5-star review! We really appreciate you being a loyal customer. Our customer support team is ready always to help you with any request!

Piotr

VDR Review

It was strictly related to part of the Due Dilligence process and it was fine for it. I didnt get to work on other types of projects so cant really comment more.

Pros

One of the easier, better looking VDRs I was working with. I liked that it seemed to work well on Edge and Chrome; ease of navigation, selection and downloading items. It never crashed as well.

Cons

Cant think of anything in particular. One of the things which are hard in other VDRs is how hard it is to navigate and how slowly they load documents or the preview - this was NOT an issue here.

Response from FORDATA

It's great to hear you found our VDR so convenient and useful! Thank you! We value the UX greatly. Our layout underwent an upgrade last year, so we hope it makes working on it even more pleasant.

FORDATA Review

Fordata is a good interface for sell-side processes, allowing to easily and quickly create a VDR.

Pros

The interface is quite easy to use, specially managing folders

Cons

Managing users and setting privileges was not really flexible

Response from FORDATA

Thank you for your comment. We really appreciate you helping to share the word about us!

Anita

Fordata VDR

It was a pleasure to use Fordata VDR as compared to other VDRs available on the market. Easy to control new documents, easy to find files.

Pros

The option for seeing what new documents were uploaded since my last login.

Cons

There is no option for adding comments to the respective files.

Response from FORDATA

Wow! Thank you so much for this great 5-star review.!

Replied March 2019

Lukasz

Very professional tool. Frendly for new users

Overall very positive experience with the tool

Pros

Simple; Quick Access; Quick downloands of the documents

Cons

More detailed information - mailing about documents being loaded by the other party

Response from FORDATA

Wow, great 5-star review! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this excellent review.

Replied March 2019