• Pros

• "Easy to use for users without experience in VDR. Friendly software"

• "The interface is quite easy to use, specially managing folders"

• "Attractive value for money ratio compared to competing solutions"

• Cons

• "Can't remember, however i didn't really enjoyed commercial news in my email box."

• "There is no option for adding comments to the respective files. "

• "We have faced some software mismatch issues (chrome, internet explorer or other browser compatibility). I was using it a while ago and I'm sure they have fixed this issue."

Browse Fordata VDR Reviews

Paweł from PFR Ventures

Reliable + value for money

Pros

Very good quality at a great price. I recall customer support very fondly. I was with an investment bank that had a number fo unique requests and they were all dealt with.

Cons

Several years back, when I was last using Fordata's software, it still had no convenient mobile option. Also, it ran kind of sluggish on some browsers. It was not a dealbreaker, but I would like to see this fixed (maybe it already has been).

Response from FORDATA

Replied February 2019

Thank you so much for this great 5-star review! We appreciate it! Your opinion is very important to us! Help us to improve for you.

Decent DD VDR software

I use Fordata VDR to receive data from target companies in due diligence processes. I had an overall good experience with this software and I can recommend it to a business professional in advisory sector.

Pros

Easy to use and pretty straightforward Daily updates about new files

Cons

Fordata VDR plugin does lack behind in terms of browser updates therefore IE or Edge is often the browser you need to use.

Response from FORDATA

Replied May 2019

Thank you for your comment and the recommendation! We are glad you find our VDR easy to use and are greatful for your suggestions. Chrome update could cause problems with how our plugin performed, but this issue is already solved.

High quality of product and customer service

As mentioned, user friendly software with very powerful platform enabling a control the process. As well as responsive and kind customer service.

Pros

User friendly and quick. In situations of system slowdowns after noticing to the IT support - immediate response and improvement. Great control of the VDR.

Cons

It might have been the issue of my firewalls, but sometimes it was impossible to source data using company plugin

Response from FORDATA

Replied February 2019

Thank you so much for this great 5-star review. We really appreciate you being a loyal customer and helping to share the word about us. We pride ourselves on our customer service and IT support!

Konrad from Knight Frank

FORDATA REVIEW

VDR is used by my company to manage data flow between various parties during property due-diligence. It is used quite commonly. What I especially like about Fordata is great costumer support. Consultants are always available and eager to help.

Pros

* The interface is pretty transparent, although the design could be more modern-looking * The software allows to use all basic functionalities of the VDR * The staff is very helpful

Cons

* Interface looks obsolete, * the software works pretty slow, especially in terms of major operations (e.g. deleting files in bulk) * some of the functionalities (e.g. like sending notifications to users) are not very intuitive * Necessity to log into an additional panel (Fordata uploader) in order to manage files.

Response from FORDATA

Replied February 2019

Thank you for your valued comment! KIndly be informed that FORDATA VDR allows to manage files without necessity to log in to additional panel. The function is available in the main tab of VDR called "Documents" in "Edit Structure" section!

Łukasz from ICON Real Estate

Used for dd for 2 years

Overall very good.

Pros

The customer support is excellent. The interface is quite easy to use.

Cons

Necessity to log into an additional panel for uploading files. Too expensive.

Response from FORDATA

Replied April 2019

Wow, great 5-star review! Thank you for taking your time writing this comment!

Good for due diligence and other M&A related data sharing services

Good for due diligence and other M&A related data sharing services

Pros

Worked fast and had a good price to quality ratio

Cons

It was not easy to invite other users to the VDR. The interface was not always convenient and intuitive

Response from FORDATA

Replied May 2019

Thank you! It's great to hear you had a positive experience using our services in M&A and DD! We continuously strive to make our tool as convenient as possible and our support is always ready to guide you online through our interface. Recently, we also introduced the Knowledge Base module to the interface, which will help use different functions of the VDR.

Maciej from Wento sp. z o. o.

Industry: Renewables & Environment

good solutions with potential

Pros

The software is pretty straight forward with a lot of useful functions and add-ons. The customer support was excellent

Cons

Response from FORDATA

Replied February 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this excellent review. The mentioned issue is solved. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future!

Zuzanna from UPC Poland

M&A

I worked on it in several transactions and the tool make it very easy to coordinate the data and exchange them

Pros

It has many features that are easy to implement in field of data protection

Cons

layout looks a bit old and not always is intuitive but once you get used to it it can be easy to manage

Response from FORDATA

Replied May 2019

Thank you for your time writing the excellent comment! We make every effort to improve the ease of use of our VDR and keep in mind the overall UX, including the looks of the interface, which was upgraded last year.

Michal from PwC

Fordata VDR review

I work on FORDATA datarooms when I do due diligence for my clients.

Pros

Easy to use, good price, transparent interface

Cons

The fact that you need to run it under explorer - whenever I want to use Chrome it does not work.

Response from FORDATA

Replied May 2019

Thank you for the positive comment! We are glad you choose our product for conducting Due Diligence. Problems with Chrome plugin could result from Chrome update, which is already taken care of by the IT Team. Our Support is always ready to answer software-related questions, too!

From a lawyer involved in a due diligence

Pros

Updates about new documents was definitely helpful in a due diligence project.

Cons

Response from FORDATA

Replied June 2019

Thank you for that great review! It's nice to hear our notification system proved useful. We would also like to kindly inform that we make sure no commercial email is ever sent to customers who didn't consent to it and we do our best not to oversupply it, too. Newsletter subscription can be cancelled at any time.

Daniel from EY

Thoughts on FORDATA VDR from the perspective of a tax professional

As a M&A tax professional I use 5+ VDR tools from various providers. Fordata VDR is one of my favorites and - in my view - offers best value for money. I appreciate its speed and reliability.

Pros

Ease of use; has all of the features expected from similar products; can set-up delegates easily; ability to customize updates and notifications; reliability

Cons

Still small feature gap to biggest VDR providers.

Response from FORDATA

Replied February 2020

Thank you for such a great review! We are happy to hear you found our solution reliable and helpful. We will gladly hear any suggestions you might have concerning functionalities.

Reliable but sometimes annoying

I share documents for legal DD and open shared documents for legal DD.

Pros

It's relatively easy to use. Sometimes it opens the documents quite fast.

Cons

I don't like the uploader. It is outdated. The website tends to crash.

Reasons for Choosing Fordata VDR

It's easy to get.

Response from FORDATA

Replied February 2020

Thank you for the positive review and suggestions! We are happy you found our VDR easy to use. Your opinion is of great value to us, we will keep it in mind while developing the software.

FORDATA Review

Fordata is a good interface for sell-side processes, allowing to easily and quickly create a VDR.

Pros

The interface is quite easy to use, specially managing folders

Cons

Managing users and setting privileges was not really flexible

Response from FORDATA

Replied February 2019

Thank you for your comment. We really appreciate you helping to share the word about us!

Pawel from Bastion

Industry: Investment Banking

Good value for money

Well above average

Pros

Easy to set up and launch, very time efficient

Cons

Some functionalities require time to get used to

Response from FORDATA

Replied February 2020

Thank you for the positive review! We are glad we could help save your time. Also, we would be more than happy to hear your suggestions regarding the VDR features.

Pawel from Innova Capital

Industry: Capital Markets

Attractive value for money ratio

M&A projects

Pros

Attractive value for money ratio compared to competing solutions

Cons

Much less user friendly than competing solutions

Response from FORDATA

Replied February 2020

Thank you for your review. We are taking every effort to make VDR experience as comfortable as possible to every customer. We will be glad to hear your suggestions!