What are Google Drive users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Google Drive software through verified user reviews

24,125 Reviews

19,007
4,593

• icon"I love that I can store and organize files from all of Google's suite of services. I love that it backs up to my physical computer."
  • icon"The personal data and all the files are safe now because google drive is the best platform. I am very happy to have it."
  • icon"It has a Google Docs integration which is perfect when you share too many documents. I like that you can edit online and the 15g of free storage."
  • icon"Also, sometimes when I uploaded files from my phone it took forever to upload and it stopped, giving me errors. This was a while ago, but it happened for almost 3 months and it was quite annoying."
  • icon"It can sometimes be a little confusing to organize and the kids I work with have trouble loading documents to it from chrome-books."
  • icon"Google changed the quotas for my available data storage which required me to archive my Google Drive content or I was in danger of my Gmail and other services losing functionality."

Browse all Google Drive Reviews

• Have you used Google Drive and would like to share your experience with others?

ResetShow 24,125 Results

Showing 1 - 25 of 24,125 reviews

Stacey

Must Get !

Rafael

December 2021

The most popular Cloud service, not for much time...

I have had a good experience, it's easy to use and you can acces from everywhere without any problem

Pros

I like how easy is to acces and upload yout documents

Cons

I don't like the interface and the place where sections are placed

Reasons for switching to Google Drive

Because i've tried OneDrive and it has a friendly interface, also is easier to use than Google Drive at some sections

Nurul Aishah

Google drive making files backup and sharing really easy

Great experience with our collaborations with other firms, exchanging information has become a significant function that we do it frequently. It saves a substantial amount of time and resources.

Pros

What I enjoy best about Google Drive is how simple it is to use, how stable it is, and how well it integrates with Google Forms, Worksheets, and other GSuite programs. Additionally, the system is well supported by the majority number of backup systems that force backup copies to the software. The prices aren't too exorbitant, the UI isn't crowded, and it's easy to use.

Cons

More substantial file organizing capabilities in the Documentation landing page are something I'd really want to see. Perhaps classification tools like tags or the capacity to customize folders would also be a good additional to the software.

Reasons for switching to Google Drive

Google Drive is more easy to shares it with my colleague or with public link.

December 2021

If you need an all rounder to manage all areas of your business online, Google Drive is perfect.

Google Drive has enabled me to ditch physical hard drives and work entirely online, accessing my files from anywhere i can get a connection, or with offline files, anywhere at all!

Pros

Google Drive manages to have a very seamless experience across multiple devices. I love that I can have my files displaying in a local folder on my mac, work on them and then they automatically update and save to the cloud. It makes remote work so easy, even between different countries!

Cons

I find with many files being shared with me from different people, the online google drive can become easily cluttered and it can be hard to find what you're looking for if you cant remember the exact name of the file. Google's search is great if you know the name, but if you don't then good luck!

Reasons for choosing Google Drive

I'd used it before in a previous business so was familiar with it.

Nisha

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

December 2021

Poor for use by bigger teams

Document sharing and content management

Pros

Ease of use, integration with calendars, and other Google products

Cons

Real time editing and reviewing is tough. It is tougher to integrate with other applications. Also, archival and record retention is poor.

I did not

Jose Humberto

google drive es una excelente alternativa de almacenamiento en la nube

La información de la empresa y del negocio es más rápida y fácil, ya que se dispone de todo el material para publicidad centralizado en un solo lugar

Pros

El espacio siendo honestos en el modo gratuito es más que excelente, ya el modo de pago es superior la, es muy fácil crear y administrar carpetas para cada proyecto encriptar y solo enviar los enlaces de los documentos que se van a compartir resulta muy útil si no deseas que nadie más vea su contenido, el tamaño en MB de los archivos que puedes alojar es excelente y no hay un límite de megas en los paquetes de pago, la mayor ventaja es vincular también tus equipos móviles y programar respaldos periódicos para tu información, todo en un solo lugar, consultar, subir y descargar tu información en todo momento, vincular tu equipo de escritorio y los documento en él una relación excelente calidad presio

Cons

Con conexiones de baja velocidad es muy complicado subir los archivos, los enlaces para compartir son largos,

Integración con dispositivos Android

Reasons for switching to Google Drive

Mayor capacidad de almacenamiento uso más simple y la integración con dispositivos Android

Google Drive review

Very good.

Pros

How easy it is to upload documents and to access them. How easy it is to decide with who I want to share the documents and what they can do with those. I also like Drive because I can store anything I want to for the amount of time that I wish.

Cons

The free version does not have enough space. Also, when you delete something on Drive it does not update the space you have left automatically, you need to wait a few minutes, which is a disadvantage when we are in a hurry.

Reasons for choosing Google Drive

Because it is connected to my email and so it has easy access. Also because in gmail I have more products and so I can access many different products from one page.

Zeynel

Google Drive Review

I use Google Drive for many kind of work from storing files to archiving documents, from managing files to transferring or sharing files

Pros

+ Its storage is very satisfying. + Its searching functions is very powerful + You can preview files without having to open even click them. That makes the interface highly effective. + It easily convert files into the format you choose. So that file transfer becomes very convenient + Side bars that shows folders and details and activity allows you to handle file management fast and effectively + It offers same performance both for web and mobile versions.

Cons

- When I want to look into doc. files in preview mode without having to open it (just like we can do for pdf), it doesn't help very much. - When open a files that have multiple pages, it always open the first page instead of where I left before. And it is inconvenient for the project that require adding data for daily basis

Clark

The Most Competent Cloud Based System

This product is highly recommend for both individuals and small businesses looking to have it all at a reasonable price.

Pros

While not being as feature rich as something like Microsoft's cloud offerings, Google makes up for it with streamlined use and better prices.

Cons

File sharing and management can be confusing without existing familiarity with Gmail

Reasons for choosing Google Drive

Price point and additional features.

Markell

Enough Space for everything

Pros

I use google drive for every thing. Files, photos, music, documents storage everything. The ease of use and just attaching where needed is phenomenal.

Cons

These is nothing I have been able to store that I couldn’t recover or use when needed. I have no dislikes.

Reasons for switching to Google Drive

Because of the price/storage difference.

ali ahmet

File sharing essential but insufficient storage space

Pros

File sharing essential but insufficient storage space

Cons

File sharing essential but insufficient storage space

but insufficient storage space

Justin

Meets a variety of needs

Pros

Google Drive allows allows you to access and share necessary documents to who you want to share it with. It's also a valuable place to collaborate with information.

Cons

There are limitations on file sizes. Navigating and finding specific docs later can prove to be difficult if there are similar file names.

The best ever in storage

It is good anyway, but I want the free space to be larger and the subscription fee to be lower because it is high

Pros

It is considered one of the best safe storage methods, easy to deal with, easy to upload files and use, and it gives free space, not bad, 15 GB is good for saving your data and files, and I bought an extra space

Cons

There are not many negatives, but I think that the free space should be greater because some companies offer much larger areas, but the security remains that the application, and also the fees and subscriptions should be less, as it is really a good program

Reasons for choosing Google Drive

It is the best in terms of safety

Riyasudeen

Google Drive Review

Google drive is simply awesome when syncing between devices, sharing files with the use of a link, collaborating with a team, but as an user I expect an additional layer of security for few highly important file. But overall its a very good product to make your life simple in handling files with a decent price range.

Pros

The most impressive feature in this software is Google drive for desktop sync, it automatically syncs the new files which I create and edit time-to-time into the cloud, so I can easily use the file which I edited in home and again back in office without any extra effort.

Cons

When sharing files highly important file, I expect an extra layer of security by giving a shared key, so no one can open that file apart from the one who has the key.

Reasons for choosing Google Drive

Because the global brand and the features available over the others

Reasons for switching to Google Drive

Expected a more convenient, ease of access tool which is recognized globally

Sal

Long-Time User Not Going Anywhere!

I have used Google Drive for many years now. I have found it to be very reliable, safe, and secure. I have tried some other web storage programs, but I have never liked them nearly as much. Either they were far more expensive, had clunky, unfriendly interfaces, had lackluster security, or required additional apps. Google Drive does everything I need it to.

Pros

The ability to access my files from anywhere with both reliability and security make Google Drive my go-to for cloud storage. I have stored files both professional and personal on Google Drive and have never had any kinds of issues with losing documents. With the backing of Google, Drive is always available and, in my many years of using Drive, I have never seen it have any down time. Generally, Drive is a drag-and-drop website. It's easy to quickly upload files and the desktop app works well, though I generally use Drive through the website. The upload times are usually very quick, though this might vary based on your internet connection.

Cons

While Drive is overall very good, I do find there are moments, especially in large folders with many documents, where the program can hang for a moment before it loads. While this is generally not a problem, an improvement would certainly be welcomed. There are also some occasional moments when uploading a file that the upload gets "stuck" and I have to reload the page and attempt to upload the file again. Like previous issue, this is not often that it occurs, so it is more of an occasional mild annoyance than a real bug, and I cannot entirely rule out something with my own device being the issue.

Gilbert

Industry: Research

An essential software for collaboration and cloud storage

I have saved hundreds of hours combining edits from collaborators on important documents. I simply share a folder with all my collaborators, and they enter their input for me. I only have to work with one version (its always the most up to date) that is placed in the collaboration folder.

Pros

Ease of use, file sharing capability, edit with collaborators in real time, cloud storage without taking up precious hard disk space, offline loading capability.

Cons

editing with 10 collaborators at the same time is very difficult. Its almost like you have to set a schedule for who edits when.

Reasons for choosing Google Drive

Price, ease of use, no local space utilized.

Reasons for switching to Google Drive

Google drive was free, worked great, and did not take up hard disk space.

The free version is excellent value for money, but Google cannot keep changing standards

My overall experience is undoubly positive, even though I am considering the switch to a different provider (as I did for my photos some months ago) given Google's tendency to change the rules after the game has started.

Pros

It is easy to use, it covers most user needs, you can easily move to a paid plan if need be.

Cons

Since a few weeks Google abruptly changed the rules of the game (seems like we have to get used to that, since they did the same with Google Photos and Android TV). Now, you can keep a local copy of the drive but, if you want to sync across multiple machines, it must be a virtual disk that is managed by Google's local client (meaning that, if you don't run the client, you cannot see the local disk!), which sometimes gets out of control and starts eating up memory and CPU (so you wish you could stop it without losing access to the local drive). The whole change was poorly explained by Google and users had to figure up possible solutions by themselves.

Reasons for choosing Google Drive

Actually, I am keeping all three installed and ready on my machine in order to be able to make the switch if I become uncomfortable with one of those services.

Reasons for switching to Google Drive

Actually, it is not really a switch. I am keeping all three installed and ready on my machine in order to be able to make the switch if I become uncomfortable with one of those services.

Google Drive, the backbone of multimedia file management for my nonprofit

I can share videos that I produce with clients anywhere, with a few clicks. I know how long uploads take, and can often send the folders with the videos to the clients while the files are still uploading, and then move on to my next project (Because Drive generates the folder link so quickly), this is very handy. My overall experience with Google Drive has been that it is of critical importance to my work. I've built my whole workflow around assuming Drive will always be a click away, and will always have a streamlined process for me to upload and share video files. It has allowed me to streamline my system of sharing, and has saved me many hours because it works how I need it to.

Pros

Google Drive is intuitive file management. My organization does video production for many local nonprofits, and I am uploading and sharing Google Drive links to video files nearly every single day. The way files and folders are organized is better than any other services out there. The files also load and process faster than other sites I've used. I'd say though the MOST important thing for me is dependability. Drive always works, and I need it to. It's the backbone that holds my organization together when clients need video links sent to them so we can communicate about feedback.

Cons

I have gotten used to the different ways to access my Google Drive folder "home" page on the web-based side, so I am used to how it is done, however, I wish it was a little easier to access the web based end of the system. I also struggle sometimes to see the size of space (in MB or GB) taken up by any given folder. When I need to clean up space, it would be better if I could immediately see what folder had how much file space being used. This is probably my main complaint. Often the "size" line next to the folder does not show a value.

Reasons for choosing Google Drive

I was familiar with it. Google Drive had always worked well for me on the free version, and it was a no brainer to upgrade to the paid as my business expanded. As I said before, it then became the backbone of how I share all video files online with clients.

Reasons for switching to Google Drive

Google Drive was affordable for the 150GB of storage that I needed, and it was already integrated with my gmail, and was also faster and more user friendly.

Mohammad

The best data storage cloud in the world

A wonderful experience, as over the course of many years of use, which started since the years of university studies, I now own an integrated library that includes the feast of documents, files and images that I have collected during those years and which I can return to at any time, without worrying about losing them.

Pros

It's hard to explain the advantages of Google Drive, it's my favorite cloud storage in the world, which in my personal opinion and through its use over many years is the best and most efficient, it is easy to use and can be accessed from any operating system, on all computers, mobile phones and tablets. Once in the cloud, you will be able to retrieve your files, make modifications to them, and also share them or add new files. All these operations are done easily, quickly and efficiently. Google Drive provided everyone with spaces that suit their needs, and that capacity can be increased at nominal prices. These spaces have relieved every one of the concerns of carrying storage units with a small capacity, which are easily lost or damaged. With Google Drive there is no worry of losing files as you will get them right back as soon as you connect to your Google account.

Cons

There are no unwanted things, as the application is simple and easy to use for all levels, and also the support and protection programs provided by Google are of high quality, giving the user comfort and reassurance that his data is stored in a safe place and also he can access it from any device by simply connecting to his Google account.

Reasons for choosing Google Drive

If you are looking for a secure cloud storage and have the space that suits you, you will not find better than Google Drive, as Google will provide you with the best services and also protection programs that are unmatched in the world.

Versatile and Most Productive Cloud Storage Option

I have been using Google Drive with a paid subscription for a very long time now and it has made my life and work only easier. Thanks to the entire ecosystem of google, all my related work and photos and videos and files are saved on it automatically and I don't have to worry about losing data or moments. Compared to all the other options, I found Drive to be the most inexpensive product for the value that it offers. I would and do definately recommend everyone to use Drive.

Pros

I love that Drive works with the G Suite for which I have a subscription as well. During the Pandemic and WFH situation, we worked entirely on G-Suite and Drive. It is the most cost-effective and value-for-money application that lets me save all my data on the cloud and manage it there. I can easily share the files and limit access to viewing or editing as per my liking. It is so easy to use and convenient and automatic that I do not need to purchase any other cloud storage option.

Cons

I do not have many features that I did not like but I can name a few dislikes. I did not like the offline working feature, I have lost a few hours' worths of work. There were cases where certain files shared with certain individuals were deleted and we had to rework them as we were unable to identify or recover them. I think google should introduce an approval system wherein major changes to the file must be approved by the file owner.

Reasons for choosing Google Drive

I am a student, an office worker, and a freelancer too. I have many items that I need to backup or save from various sources. As compared to all the other options I found Google Drive to be the most convenient, easiest, and most cost-effective option. Moreover Drive is the first Storage application that I have been using for so many years so I do not wish to look for any other options.

Mahmudul islam

Industry: Civil Engineering

Cloud storage options for storing my data

I am using Google drive more than 6 years, as my alternate storage option, day by day they continuously updating their service. I can store all my files in cloud and able to use from any where with all of my devices, even I can easily share with teammates. Through sometimes I cannot able to share larger files to my teammates. Other than everything is okey for me .

Pros

Google drive have excellent interface , easy to use . By looking at it , everybody will understand what to do. Sharing the files with people is very easy here, I can invite targeted user or generate custom links for sharing my files . Most important option google drive gives me that I can store , my important videos , images,pdf , directly in google cloud storage and able to track or use from anywhere. Best things google provide me, integration with so many software, it really saves our time.

Cons

Larger files sharing is difficult with google drive, cannot able share more than 100mb presentation files. Without internet connection ,I cannot able to visit my drive. Through Google drive gives us chance to connect with other third party app, sometimes I think about security also

Reasons for switching to Google Drive

Google drive was cheaper option for me, 1st 15gb storage is completely free to use.

Sasania

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Best Cloud Storage Software

Google Drive is one of my most used and appreciated apps/ software and that's simply because of how easy and convenient it is. I wish I had relied on using it as soon as I started university because it would've saved me so much stress. All throughout university I was using a really old laptop that was very low on space, literally I'd have less than 1 GB of storage free and of course that would not allow me to download all the files and documents I needed for school. I'd have to use a flash drive and that's too much of a risk because that can easily get lost or stolen and then I'd be back at square one. Anyway, after years of just having my Drive as a souvenir, desperation led me to check it out more in detail. Of course I knew what it was for but I didn't think it would be practical for documents I'd be using everyday. Boy was I wrong! Since I have a phone with a large enough storage capacity, I decided to download my documents to my phone and then upload them to my Drive so that I could access them on my laptop. That was the best thing I ever decided to do! I now had easy access to everything I needed; have a translation due (I was a language student)? I could easily edit on Google Drive by creating a Google Docs file and access any pdf handouts that I needed to aid my work. It made the transition into my final semester a whole lot better and that's why I find this software perfect, especially for students and business professionals.

Pros

The first pro is that the user interface is very easy to maneuver. By simply looking at the icons/ options available, you will know right away, how to use some basic features it has to offer. You can get access to your documents/ folders across your devices once you are logged in with your Google account. This is particularly helpful when you're away from your laptop, for example, and you quickly need to access a document; you can easily do so on your phone or tablet. You can easily organize your documents into different folders and that's such a breather for someone who has OCD, like me. Easily share your files and give others access to your work. This is especially handy when you have group presentations and classes are virtual. If you're using the Google Docs feature for example, you can see what your teammates are typing in real time and so it replicates the feeling of literally working together. That's amazing! Another feature that I really appreciate is that any changes that you make to any of your documents is automatically saved. This has saved me on so many occasions. There have been instances where I'd be writing/ updating an important essay (through Google Docs) when the internet/ power goes, but because every change that I made leading up to that point, was constantly being saved, I could easily continue working offline without losing any parts of my work. These are a few of the advantages that I can speak on when it comes to using Google Drive.

Cons

There aren't many cons that I can think of based on my own personal experience. The only thing I could consider a con is that you need to have a steady internet connection for any changes or updates to be synced and accessible across your devices on which you are logged in. Other than that, all I've had are good experiences with this software.

Frederico

Most practical application within the cloud storage segment.

Despite the cons, overall it is the most complete and integrated application on the market. It meets the needs well and is easy to manipulate, after getting used to the format and dynamics of the application, everything is much easier, of course it is important to have a good internet link for those who travel a lot of data daily and use the desktop or file drive version stream that optimizes a lot at work.

Pros

Very practical and intuitive application. I advise using it with the file drive stream, it's like a HDD on your machine and greatly optimizes the work both for uploading and downloading files and making backups. Simple integration with various applications of everyday use making every job much more profitable.

Cons

When sharing files with other users, due to LGPD, if you delete a file or directory that you have permissions but are not the owner, the files all go to the root folder of the file owner's application and it becomes a complete mess. Another point is the lack of additional settings in the trash, that when deleting without cleaning the trash, the space is still used and there is no way to delete without sending to trash. The same goes for applications that don't use the web version, they lack many features that they have via browser.

Luccas

Industry: Industrial Automation

Google Drive is what most people need, and they can benefit from it!

I really love the product. Made my life much easier and less stressful. Back in the day I'd feel anxiety about something happening to the computer I was working on and losing the files and all the work I had put in my company. Google Drive made it much easier to keep everything safe and specially to share the files with my co workers and friends.

Pros

I really love to use Google Drive. It keeps my files safe, it backups my computer automatically, so I don't have to worry about the files being lost if my computer gets broken or stolen. It made my life much easier to share files with my co-workers and also big files, which were always very hard to share. It's also very easy to use and the added benefit or having Google Docs is amazing for work.

Cons

I still feel like Clew makes a better job at finding your files through Desktop, which is a software that enables your computer to have a command + space bar feature type, but for Google Drive. Also, I miss being able to connect a hard drive on Google Drive and it automatically and safely backing it up.

Reasons for choosing Google Drive

Because Google is a technology monster, they have great servers, very fast and reliable. I also have been using gmail for a long time and I love the ease of use, so it made much more sense to use it. I just wish it was cheaper or that it had more terabytes available for the same price.

Reasons for switching to Google Drive

Because backblaze was much harder to use as a storage system that other people could have access. Also, very hard to re-download heavy files from Brazil.

Hafiz Muhammad

Google Drive is a Best opportunity for Freelancers

As a freelancer i have a great experience with google drive. Easily i have share data of my projects with my clients and get all the requirements also here on google drive. so overall i have a great experience with it

Pros

As a freelancer, Google drive is my first and foremost selection to deal with my clients efficiently. I upload all necessary documents in Google Drive to share with my friends. My clients feel it convenient to use this service because it allows sharing a file in each format. The other benefit I get from Google Drive is the security implementations. I can lock my files as well as I can share my data with limited and selected persons. Advanced encryption of 256-bit never allows the hacker to hack our essential personal data. Its protection with a cloud storage system is incredible. The storage characteristics of Google drive is highly appreciated to me. Google drive offers me 15GB of data for free to store essential files. I can easily save and upload my family pictures to this service. The other offer I get from Google drive is 100GB of data for two years. Yes, Google drive also provides free 100GB of data for two years. You can also avail this opportunity as well from the free storage system of Google drive. I can access my photos, presentation and files in any format at any place in the world. I have to log in to my Google account and start using this service. I don't need to take a USB or CD during travelling. I have no words on the speed of downloading and uploading files. I enjoy the working of this service. It reduces time wastage and all confusion to me. I can make multiple folders in Google drive. You can manage your complete specific information in a related folder. I

Cons

The security threats of Google drive sometimes makes me feel unsure. Google drive gives a potential security system that means it can harm my computer physically or non physically. There might be a chance of viruses in my computer. There are also chances of my computer threatening after excess info and location info to a hacker. Google drive always demand an internet connection. Sometimes, I don't have good signals to use this service. I feel trouble at that time using google drive. The necessary internet access for Google drive is somehow the least interested to me. The other difficulty I face from the Google drive is the file size limits. Google drive is restricted to upload high-quality files and videos. The working of this service becomes slow when dealing with high MBS files. For that, I minimize the quality of files, which is undesired to me. The next factor, which is the slightest desire to me, is unpredictable third party access. I even don't know which applications are getting access to my Google drive. I decrease my trust in data security issues. Some applications on my computer are directly attached to this service. These are the only few issues I face in using Google drive. Otherwise, I have good experience with this excellent service.

Reasons for choosing Google Drive

because its easy to use so that's why i select google drive over other alternatives

Showing 1 - 25 of 24,125 reviews