(15,252)

15,252

(3,808)

3,808

• Pros

• "I love that this program very organized and its ease of usage"

• "Excellent to use this software. It is very friendly"

• "It's so easy to use! I love that you can house all different types of files in one place and it makes it very easy to collaborate with others."

• Cons

• "Drive is very easy to use but at first the interface is not very intuitive."

• "It can be difficult to find what files are taking up your storage quota. The web UI is pretty but has been much slower in my daily use. It's improving but still laggy from time to time"

• "I love it, nothing to add here. The app could be a little better organized "

Browse Google Drive Reviews

Showing -49 - 0 of 19462 results

Yadah from The Academy of Spa & Wellness

Documents Safe-Haven

After losing A LOT of important files a few years ago when my hard drive crashed, I was looking around for software that would be the best 'back up' option. After trialing Drive I was so impressed that I even upgraded my storage option and have loved it since.

Pros

Whether it's music, videos, images or documents they can all be stored Drive. Files can be separated into folders so it's really easy to organise and keep track of everything. Drive syncs across all my devices, so I have access to important information whether using my mobile, tablet or PC.

Cons

When you download multiple things at a time it automatically downloads them into a 'zip' folder, which is an additional cost to use software to 'unzip'. VERY frustrating! You have to double-check when you've uploaded multiple things at a time that it all really did upload - sometimes files are missed. It's better to upload smaller quantities of files at a time, which is annoying and time consuming.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Purely the storage availability, price point and compatibility with other Google apps.

Gilberto from Grupo Chedraui

Industry: Supermarkets

Drive, una plataforma de almacenamiento en la nube que facilita el trabajo colaborativo

Previamente, en nuestra organización utilizábamos el correo electrónico para compartir archivos como documentos, fotos o ejecutables, sin embargo, era insuficiente el espacio de almacenamiento proporcionado por nuestro proveedor de correo electrónico, por lo que empezamos a utilizar Drive como plataforma de almacenamiento. Drive nos permite compartir archivos e incluso es compatible con la edición paralela. Además, nos permite almacenar archivos RAR o EXE sin restricciones.

Pros

Drive es una solución de almacenamiento en la nube confiable y estable. Para empezar, está vinculada a la cuenta de Google, por lo que se integra con todos los productos de esta empresa. Me gusta porque nos ofrece espacio de almacenamiento gratuito para guardar documentos, imágenes, fotos o vídeos, incluso es posible almacenar archivos RAR o EXE, que no están permitidos en Gmail. Por otro lado, cuenta con una interfaz de usuario intuitiva y fácil de usar, que consta solo arrastrar y soltar. Otra característica que me gusta es que cuenta con una aplicación de escritorio para Windows, de modo que pueda sincronizar mis carpetas locales con los servidores de Drive automáticamente.

Cons

En algunas ocasiones, experimentan fallas en la actualización de algunos archivos, es decir, se retrasan las modificaciones que se llevan a cabo en los mismos. Entre otras cosas, me gustaría que Google fuese más generoso con sus usuarios y nos proporcionase más espacio de almacenamiento gratis.

Kiersten from Debt Buyer Network, LLC.

Industry: Investment Management

Uploads, deleting, and transfers are cumbersome.

Daily benefits, it is just that one day to the next I am not sure what I am going to receive and how fast.

Pros

Access and the fact that it is free is wonderful, however like most Google apps it is not a polished product.

Cons

The processes of uploading (automatically), deleting, scrolling, and downloading are tedious as they have to be done by checking each file. Deleting is done by batch but be careful because after you have checked many it takes a while to actually delete and you may get an error and have to redo it over and over. Downloading is ridiculous I have not found any other way to download a file other than one (1) at a time, which would take me literally days. Scrolling is through files is like looking at a dial up page. For those who do not know what a dial up is... imagine a line by line upload..... it is enough to make the most patient person impatient. Finally uploading is sporadic at best no consistency in Drive whatsoever. Like Dropbox there is no add-ons when it comes to sound so what you get is all you get. I am not sure how hard it is to add-on functionable services, but if your able to upload video and or sound files how about thinking just a bit farther and realize that sound is very intricate and different for everyone. Some people have hearing issues some people don't.... It is not rocket science, or maybe it is... In closing, it seems to me that Google is an amazing company that is a MEGA innovator. I don't believe the internet and all of our media and access to everything on the internet would have happened without Google they have kept their promise of no ads to date. I would like to see GOOGLE finish an app, and I mean completely they have the staff and resources.

Zunaid from The Visual Content Gang

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

The best way to share files with no limit!

Highly satisfied. Use it for sharing, approvals and reviews and archiving. Integrates with Gmail for business perfectly and the cost for terabytes of storage in the cloud is reasonable.

Pros

Use it religiously for sending footage and video exports to teams in other parts of South Africa. Allows for fast uploading and downloading and it's saved us time by uploading footage from Johannesburg and downloading in Cape Town instead of couriering it. No limit on upload size which is essential.

Cons

You can't always view within the online application. Requires download if the video codecs aren't supported. That can waste time which is always critical.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Mainly because of it's integration with Gmail.

Kenny from Ascension Marketing

Google Drive Will Help Your Business Stay Organized

Google Drive helps keep our business organized by making it easy to create and share access to important documents. We use it to create SOPs and complex spreadsheets with Google Sheets to help us keep track of pages on our website and important metrics associated with those pages.

Pros

Google Drive allows a business to keep all their documents organized and accessible online. From SOPs to important spreadsheets for your employees, everything can be accessed online and you'll never lose any data because it's always saved to the cloud!

Cons

Google Drive could offer better security to keep all your sensitive data safe. With ease of accessibility comes the risk of breach. Adding more features that allow Google Drive to be secured more easily would be helpful.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Google Drive proved to be the most efficient platform for our business's need. While some features may take more work (e.g. creating formulas in Google Sheets) the overall ease of use and ability to collaborate made Google Drive the best choice.

Aleksandar from Handwritten Solutions

The right cloud for everyone

Although nowadays having a cloud to back up all the important files is nothing new, having a stable solution as Google Drive really makes everyday life easier. We share files, documents, spreadsheets, images withing our organization by just pasting a link. Most important thing is that whoever opens the link, gets the latest version of the document. It was a long time ago when we had to attach documents and send them over e-mail and go through the same hassle every time a document has been changed.

Pros

Easy way to share files using one of the several options through: - The web interface, - The desktop uploader (windows) - The android mobile app And a decent amount of space even in the free account. No complex setup nor complex configuration

Cons

Sorry to say, but I don't think I have some particular cons to share here. I have found myself in different situations using google drive and I haven't had a bad experience at all.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

We haven't actually strictly choose Google Drive, we do have an active Dropbox account as well, but few minor things including the bigger space available on Google Drive, even in the free account, and fairly low prices for the paid accounts are the main reason why we use Google Drive as number one Cloud solution for our business.

Philip from BeaconBaptist Church

Drive your efficiency and organization to the next level

The best way Drive is helping us is by keeping individual teams together on projects and updates about those projects. This has replaced emailing updated files back and forth, and always wondering if you have the most recent file or not.

Pros

Google Drive allows me to easily organize all of my files and have access to them on the go. With mobile application and website access, I can access my files anywhere I have internet. This is huge for me as I travel with regularity and need to work on my projects. Another pro is that my team can all access the same files and collaborate on projects.

Cons

It lacks simplicity in selecting to share certain files with individuals. I would like to see that feature improved.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

The cost of Drive is what drove our decision to go with it.

Wong from Sepakat Setia Perunding

Industry: Civil Engineering

Review on google drive

I have a very good experience with google drive, i helps me to store my file, which is very huge size and able to share with other. I can easily access and download my own documents wherever I am.

Pros

I like the most of google drive is the ease of use of the user interface, the storage of documents become very easy just simply drag your document to the website. We can also create new folder and rename it for our own recognition. The free storage amount provided to user is very generous of 15 GB.

Cons

I am worrying the security and the privacy of google drive, since i uploaded my document online, if i would share my document with others, my file can be easily access by other party without my permission, and i am unable to track the access.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Google drive has more user friendly interface and is more commonly used in my area. Other can easily access to the document I wish to send to them.

Nick from Suffolk University

Google Drive Review

My experience with Google drive has been great. I use it often and will continue to do so.

Pros

Ease of set up and ability to share access with team members. Also, I find it very convenient that it integrates with other software so that you can easily upload documents created and then within seconds, share the documents with anyone.

Cons

The Quick Access front page of the site can be a bit confusing if you're not use to working with the application. On the plus site, it can be customized a bit but that is after developing a better understanding of it's functionality and capabilities.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

I was already Gmail user so the Google application suite made it simple for me to have this product under the same domain for centralized access. SSO was also an attractive feature so I would not need to sign into multiple applications.

Derrick from US Navy

Quick and easy to use individually or as a team

Very easy to use and implement. It's similar to most of the industry standard software so there is not a huge learning curve.

Pros

This makes if so easy to go from computer to phone with my documents. It reduces the time I have to move my files. I don't have to think about saving items to a flash drive to move files since it can all be accessed with my Google account.

Cons

I don't know why but sometimes when I use the offline versions it does not auto sync to my drive so when I go from work to home the files are not there and I have to wait to get it the next time I go to work.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

More people have a Google account

Mary from The First Twenty

Prefer over Dropbox

Overall really enjoy this product and use it every day. Being able to edit and create word/excel-like documents right on google drive has been very helpful and keeps things organized when multiple users need access to them.

Pros

What attracts me to this software is its ease of use and that it connects to my work email. I find it easier to use than the dropbox account we have in most cases. The fact that you can create and edit google sheets and excel documents within the google drive software is huge. We use this for social media calendars with multiple people editing them. I also like that it is easier to use on my mobile device than dropbox. The google drive app is very helpful.

Cons

Sometimes I have random problems with images or content not being able to be downloaded or errors that cause uploaded images not to preview. Sometimes "sharing" or giving "access" to folders has become difficult or caused issues when trying to share things with emails outside of our company.

The Cloud Hard Drive

Google drive has helped us solve the issue of file sharing and handling permissions to these files. Also, it is a great tool for data backup

Pros

Google drive is a joy to use as it seamlessly integrates files from your PC, phone and email into one collection that is well arranged. It makes file sharing easy for us as one simply uploads a file and invites members that need to access it and also shares an email invite that you can customise. The most impactful feature for us is the fact that it automatically versions files when you overwrite them, you can then choose whether to maintain the old version or not. Another nice feature is you can sync folders from your PC and they appear as is in the google drive platform. This is all automatic and does not require the users intervention which is a plus

Cons

A key feature to add would be a shared drive or shared space that an organisation can set user writes a permissions instead of linking the drive to a specific email account. This would make collaboration for organisation wide files easier.

Chris from MisfitHeroes

Industry: Broadcast Media

Great file service, but a little pricey

File transfers and essentially using the service as an online server is mainly what we do.

Pros

The ability to share throughout the google suite and to anyone anywhere is a key functionality to my business (sending massive video files). It functions reliably, quickly, and efficiently. Having the google suite of apps across multiple platforms of mobile devices is a big plus too.

Cons

The price is a bit much at my user level. For an online only product that is mainly used as a replacement for ftp, it is often hard to justify the monthly fee.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

The ease of use and user familiarity is why we went with google drive.

Maria from Indeed.com

Anything Google Fan

I absolutely love working on Google Drive, it's really beneficial as all your documents live in one place, it's collaborative as you can share it with anyone, whether it's an internal team or external, including the client. Anyone can have access to it.

Pros

My entire work lives in Google Drive. The design is so simple and clean, it's so easy and quick to work with, you can create, update, share, download, customize - whether it's changing a title or the color of the folder. I've been a user of Google Drive for over three years. I can keep any type of document in there - images, gifs, videos, word docs, presentations, surveys (google form) and it's so easy, fast, and reliable. All you need is an email account with Google and done, you have a whole place where your documentation can live, it's all yours. The sharing setting is great, you can share documentation with one person, various, you can make it public for anyone who has the link, or just for a certain group. I like that you can create any type of document in pre-set formats, whether you want to create a survey, a Gantt chart, a presentation, and you can customize it in any way you want (change background, add copy, images) You can upload files, download files into your computer, and what I like is that you can follow the entire process of upload and download, and you will see a green checkmark when this has been done successfully. You can move documents from a folder to another, or you can move a complete folder into another. It's really really easy. All companies should work with Google Suites.

Cons

Something I don't like, but it's not a roadblock at all is that if you have a basic Google account you have limited storage space, which I have reached with my personal account ,Don't blame me, I have my entire life in Google) but if you have a work account, you will likely not reach it.

Valerie from AlphaSights

Industry: Information Services

Making collaboration with colleagues easy

Overall, Drive allows me to collaborate with my colleagues easily -- the best part is how seamlessly it integrations with Google Docs, Slides, Sheets, Forms, etc. I would probably have a different opinion of Drive if I did not use these other platforms so frequently, and instead used Excel or Word. However, for my purposes, Drive works extremely well.

Pros

The greatest advantage of Drive is the ability to share documents with colleagues and manage content during collaboration. Its seamless integration with Google Docs, Slides, Sheets, etc. makes it the best cloud-based file storage platform if you are primarily using those. Of course, you can also upload other files types (e.g., PDFs, Keynote, Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.) but when your working with others and want to update the file in Drive, you must "manage versions" (an extra step, but not difficult). My ideal use case, and the aspect of Drive that I appreciate most, is the ability to work collaboratively with my team on a presentation in Google Slides that is saved in our shared drive, and be certain that the latest version is not only updated in Drive but also that I can view previous versions.

Cons

Overall, I am very happy with the ease of use and prefer Drive to other cloud-based file storage platforms. However, some functionalities are not as user friendly, and can sometimes lead to negative consequences for the user. One example is creating shadow copy file to another folder in Drive: to do this you press Shift+Z while a file is highlighted. You cannot right-click a file to do this; you just need to know the shortcut. Then to delete it one might think they can simply delete the file and it will continue to exist in other folders. However, that is not the case. Deleting the file will delete it in all folders. Therefore, to delete it you must go into another the details and "x" out the file from folders where you no longer want it to appear. This is a bit unintuitive and could result in files being mistakenly deleted.

Murtaza from Self Employed

Have made files accessible easy for me

Pros

Honestly I like to work anywhere and when I have free time somewhere the I want to cash it by doing brainstorming so I need documents and client briefs. Now its accessible through my phone and I can work anywhere I want. The other part is I have setup folders for my clients so they can download what they want and have bought its subscription so now I have no space issues. Internally I have setup assets folder for all my clients and it have become very easy to share any clients assets with a particular creator i want with no headaches.

Cons

I have multiple drive accounts one for my personal and others are of teams i m working on with. The bad part which I felt so far is that when I use a different google drive account other than default on the website and try to download something it gave me error that i m not authorized. I realized the main problem is if I download 2 files together it creates zip file and made it a successful download but if I try to download single file it gave me the error saying i m not authorized.

Google Drive goes with you to everywhere you go, never again lose a file

The best solution until now of course is the need of my files with me without need any hardware. Just me and my smartphone or table with a lit bit of thinking

Pros

The thing is Google Drive let´s you have everything with you whereever you are, I don´t need any Flash Drive or Hard Drive with anymore, I have it all in my Google Drive cloud and I can acess it from every computer, smartphone or table. The Other thing is that I can share my file easily and very fast with any friend or work college without have to use the old ways that Was suppost to send it to the flash drive, then hand over to is computer etc. No I can share all my documents with everyone extrimelly fast. The last think that I love in Google Drive is that there are shared Team Drives where we have the all office documents together and can have it always updated.

Cons

I don´t like that I need to pay for more than 15gb But is not that much

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Because Google Drive meets all the requirements in my company and it´s really easy to use, there no need for a tutorial is intuitive. Its a really fast server and a lot faster than others

Pranagnya from Accenture

My Personal, Global, Primary storage Location

There is no question of remarking this Google product but , as I have mentioned above I would be happy If they provide a Linux client and clients for multiple Google accounts in the same OS.

Pros

Its been more than 2 years I have been using google drive , Initially when we start using google drive we will get 15 GB of Memory space in our google drive but when I have completed my security checkup before 2 years and I have received extra 2 GB of Memory space . So that I can use that extra space for storing extra more files/Data in my Google Drive.

Cons

I) There is no local client provided for Linux.I use Ubuntu Linux at home and I feel I need a local client of google drive for my Linux desktop. II) And there is no possibility of having multiple Google accounts in the same OS. III) I receive many times the shared folder links from friends. They save the photos on G Drive and share them. I am wondering whether they don't know about Google photos, in which it takes less memory and still keeps the same original quality iv) I would be happy if Google notifies or reminds them by a message to these users. Something like, "Hey, You know you can also use Google Photos to save and share your pics"

Steve from Quarry

Google Drive helps us Work Remotly

Team shared drives was the thing that sealed the deal for us. It allows us to share documents with our teams and not have to worry about who owns the document because the company owns the document not a user that once they leave we have to find a new owner for some files that were shared with other team members

Pros

Google Drive has saved our butts when working from home. We needed to find an easy solution to allow our remote users to access the business documents they needed and easily. Sure web browser apps are fine but google drive integrates into the OS and gives the user a G drive so they can access files as if they were installed right on the computer. And even better for IT staff it cuts down on DISK space as all the files stream to the machine and no real space is needed except for the file you are working on. I would recomend this product to any Team looking to find a batter way to collaborate.

Cons

Google support can be really frustrating at times. It can be hard to get a hold of someone to help fix an issue in a timely manor. We have had a few issues where the software was locking up machines and Google had no answers and we had to do a full reinstall on all machines to fix the issue without them but for the other 99.9% of the time it works fine

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

It was part of Gsuite and for $10 a month for everything we got it was a simple choice!

Cillian from Self Employed

My favourite Cloud Storage!

Google Drive has been extremely useful in allowing me to back up my Construct 3 projects and share asset files between my computers, and in working with other developers collaborating on projects and sharing assets. Not as versatile in the same field as something like GIT but much easier to use if you're not editing the same files at once.

Pros

The main thing I specifically like about using Google Drive is the fact that it integrates with my google account which I use for most things on the internet. As a windows and android user it works very well for me as I am logged into that account on all my Windows and Android devices, not having to sign into my Microsoft account on mobile etc as I would have to for OneDrive. I also think the free plan is very generous, and the 100GB paid plan is very useful too.

Cons

A lot of the time I have decided against using the paid storage on certain google accounts as I was worried about the possibility of not making a payment later down the line for the cloud storage (IE forgetting to update payment details) and losing valuable data I had stored on the service. I am not 100% sure if the case that a payment fails if you immediately lose your data over the quota, but the whole idea of paying for data storage (the same as with OneDrive & Dropbox) is sometimes a little scary. Also another possibility is having an account hacked etc. I have had people try to access my google account in the past but Google has always managed to not let them gain control over my account. In the case that the account had been hacked and I had lost valuable cloud backups & stored data, I probably would not have rated this service so high. I don't believe either of these reasons constitutes as a reason not to use a cloud storage service, as both a means of sharing files and making backups however!

Timothy from Beckett.pro

Great Software at a Great Price

Drive lets me and my team easily access files and offers great free storage options.

Pros

I love that Google Drive comes with a huge amount of free included storage compared with the other players. Its easy to administer and I love being able to sync the same files and folders across all devices.

Cons

I don't like that when sending a file in GMAIL through drive that you have to set up permissions and such instead of just being able to physically send them the file. I often times find myself having to download the file to my phone or computer just so I can send it to someone else.

Price and familiarity

Sam from Sam's Residential and Industrial Service Provider

Drive is WAY better then One Drive

Very impressed they will work with you when your business is in need especially during these trying times of COVID19 they really strive to please their customers.

Pros

The fact that it is compatible across ALL of my companies devices including our delivery services tablets, In house laptops and PC's, as well as our business phones we provide to our staff. Very well organized and the storage price is best bang for your buck.

Cons

The functionality is great yet the functions are limited. It does everything we need, but would like to see more functions and or program features added like maybe even a time keeper function or a note pad type function added to the available features.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Better pricing and functionality as well as much more impressive customer support and if course a bigger name backing it in Google

Julieanne from JG Digital Market

Why wouldn’t you use it?

Google Drive is so handy for so many things I honestly can’t think of a reason why someone wouldn’t use it. I’ve been using it for 10+ years, before it was called Drive, and I plan on using it for another 10+.

Pros

It’s great for storing important documents, both business and personal, streamlining communication and collaborative documents, and it’s super simple to use. It’s also incredibly cheap for the amount of space you get. The free space lasted me for years. When I started a business my storage needs increased, and now it’s one of the main ways I share and edit documents with clients. It’s so easy to use that even my least tech savvy clients have never had a problem with it.

Cons

There’s honestly nothing I would change about Drive, what’s not to like? They offer nearly every type of document, which you can download and open with standard Office and Mac programs (ie, Drive spreadsheets are compatible with Excel, Drive slides are compatible with PowerPoint, etc). I guess it would be nice if they had a desktop version of each program so I didn’t have to open my browser to use, say, a Google Spreadsheet... but that’s something I’d consider a con at this moment.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

All the other product options are handy, but just can’t compare in price and ease of use. Live collaborative editing is the most handy feature that other programs don’t make as Simple.

Abraham from Ministry of Communication

Pros and Cons of Google Drive

I've been using google drive now for more then 10 years and it has provided a lot of benefits in terms of file sharing and ease of accessibility. Sometimes I am required to travel overseas and I don't have to worry about accessing my files knowing that I have google drive behind me. I have also introduced google drive to my fellow co-workers who never knew about this product and they are amazed at how easy it is to use the system. Some have even come back to me and said that they have introduced the product to their family and friends. In my opinion google drive is suitable for anyone who wants to use the product for business, personal, education, social media, etc. It's user friendly, really easy to use and compatible on any device or operating system. I highly recommend google drive to anyone out there who hasn't heard about google drive, to try it out and see how great it really is.

Pros

The thing I love best about google drive is being able to access my files from any location 24/7. This accessibility gives me the confidence that I can get to my files on my laptop or smartphone without having to carry a flash drive or portable external hard drive with me. Especially in my line of work as an IT guy, it provides flexibility when I'm travelling or at a work site and I suddenly need to access my files. With google drive, it also enables me to share my files with colleagues, friends and family by simply sharing the link with them. In a work setting you can complete projects faster using google drive for file sharing and collaboration with employees located in different parts of the world, since a person's changes are attributed only to them. Using google drive is really easy, all you need is an active gmail or google account to start using google drive. On most smartphones the google drive app is already installed, if not installed you can download it for free and install it. Furthermore, if you want to use google drive in your organization or company, the setup is really easy because the application is compatibles across a wide range of devices and operating systems. These compatibility benefits include Windows, Linux, iOs and Android.

Cons

My least favorite thing about google drive is that the product is limited to gmail only and you may run into a few problems with synchronization with other addresses like yahoo, etc. This means if you share files to another person who doesn't have a gmail account they will only be able to view the file and not edit it. Moreover, google drive is a cloud based platform which means you will need internet connectivity to access and view your files online. Another limitation is the uploading, downloading and editing of files online if your internet bandwidth is slow or weak. This may pose intermittent issues and prevent you from completing your tasks on time because of the access delays. Since google drive is cloud based there is also a security concern if your gmail account is breached or hacked. Perpetrators could use your login credentials to steal sensitive or personal information that you have uploaded on google drive.

Cole from Brandable Inc.

Google Drive and All Its Applications are Essential to Succeed

Overall, Drive keeps our entire business connected and running anytime, anywhere. Employees can simply log in on a tablet in their home, their laptop while traveling, their computer at work, or on their phone while walking into a meeting and they immediately have access to all of our files. Furthermore, employees can do so much more than just read or download items. If I notice an error on a presentation for the meeting I am walking into while looking on my phone, I can edit it from my phone and it will save immediately and apply my changes in real time for everyone. So, by the time the presentation starts, the error is gone.

Pros

Google Drive is easy to understand, convenient to use anywhere, and totally efficient. I cannot imagine a modern business being successful today without it. The software and user face works superbly across all operating systems and that’s an incredible pro. Our employees use Mac’s, PC’s, iPhones, and Android phones and the software remains the same across all devices. This streamlines everyone’s understanding and thus communication when needed to discuss the drive. The software is also built very intuitively; anyone with experience using a computer will be able to navigate the software very easily!

Cons

I rated Google Drive a 4/5 stars because there are some features and functions that are not simple to execute. Most notably, the inability to easily move entire folders from individuals’ to team drives. This becomes tricky because it involves who created (ownership) the original folders and files. In a growing company, we’ve experienced an employee creating a shared folder that is used after the employee has moved on and then when we’ve tried to reorganize it to a new team drive, it requires administrative assistance and Google Support. Thankfully, they have great customer service!

Google Drive for a photographer

Overall this service is very useful to me .I very happy about this and I have no need to switch another cloud service to do my work

Pros

As a photographer Google Drive is very useful software to me.I take lot of photos which need to send long distance to hand over to my customers.Before I found the Google Drive I had to coppy those photos to DVD and send it from post.It is very costly and fragile .And also it takes days to deliver to the customer.After I found the Google Drive it makes this process very eaiser to me and my coustomers .I have to do just simply coppy my photos to drive and after that just send over the link to my customer.My customers can have his photos quickly as soon as he have the drive link.The another advantage of having online cloud storage is I can access to my photos from aanywhere in the world as long as I have a internet connection.Google drive is already in any android phone when it buy.So use google drive is much easier on my android phone rather than using other cloud storage.I highly recommend to any one to use this Google Drive cloud service.It gives free 15 GB storage and it very safer and secure.

Cons

As a photographer I have to upload many photos to google drive frequently .Therefore 15GB storage is quite small to me.There for I have to buy more storage but buying more storage just for send photos to my customer is not a best cost friendly way.After he received the photos that extra storage which I bought will not be usefull again to me.Therefore I like to have to much larger storage when acaccessing to the drive.Some times deleting files on the drive is much tricky.Becouse when a file deleted it not delete completely.It going to a bin and I have to delete it from there too.There is no way to delete file completely in one delete.

Aden from Freelancing

Industry: Research

Fantastic service!

Overall, I have had such a fantastic experience with this service! I use it mostly every day, for school and for work, and it hasn't failed on me! No more having to go to the little File icon at the top-left of the computer and click Save or Save As, because Google Drive has already done that for you! Thank you so much for giving me this opportunity to use your service free of charge!

Pros

Some of the things I like the most about this software are its ease of use. The opportunities are endless when you have a user interface that is obviously user-friendly, but also incredibly simple so those who don't know how to use this service can easily and swiftly learn how to. I really like how easily you can navigate through things in this service, by creating folders and sub-categorizing and prioritizing your work, you can easily see when you've worked on something the latest (as it shows up in your latest bar), so you can easily pick up where you've left off. Speaking of which, the fact that you can do something in Google Drive and pick up right where you left off without manually having to save your progress is genius! Though with other software this becomes a habit of mine, but it only makes me want to use Google Drive that much more!

Cons

I definitely think this service can improve in its mobile aspect. As simplistic as Google Drive is to the user, alike to how many people garner many different types of computers, we all have many different types of phones. Usually the phones apps work nicely, but if you were to access Google Drive on, say, Safari, than it would be much harder because you are using the computer-optimized interface. I would definitely make this more phone-friendly as well, and I know that Google Drive has an app as well, but for first time using the app, you can almost barely navigate through the web browser.

Michelle from SWANA Beaver Chapter

Google Drive use by Non-profit

Overall we use Drive to store all our organizations documents. Previously one board member would be the holder of all the files but there was always a problem when those individuals moved on. Its a great file storage and organization system for us. We also use it to take meeting minutes for board meetings and everyone on the board meeting conference call can see the minutes as they are being taken and catch mistakes in real time. We also use it a lot to review and approve documents. Instead of sending a document via email to 15 people and compiling the results, people go into the Drive and edit the document and these changes can be tracked.

Pros

It is really inexpensive for a lot of data storage. It allows all of our board members to access the organizations documents. It is easy to keep documents accessible to only certain people. It can be accessed from any device without needing to download an app; which can be problematic on company computers. It was fairly easy to learn to use. You can track changes to documents stored on the drive and more than one person can be editing a document at one time. this is great for our organization here we are all in different cities and need to collaborate on things.

Cons

It was difficult for some of our members to access the drive for the first time. Its a little clunky the first time you access it but after that it very easy.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

We looked at continuing with Dropbox but it was more expensive to upgrade our storage and it didnt offer as many features as Drive.

Jason from Charles County Public Schools

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Once again, Google is better than Microsoft.

I use Drive for most of my personal files and all of my professional files. I love how organized I can be and my life would be much more difficult without Google Drive.

Pros

I am a hyper-organized individual, and I like being able to place items into their correct folder. Every file I need more than once gets sorted and filed away in my Google Drive. If I lose/break my laptop, it really doesn't matter because everything I need is save to my Google Drive. They give you so much storage room (15GB) that I don't think I'll ever need to buy more from them.

Cons

Sometimes I discover that really old files that I haven't needed for a decade are still there and taking up storage space, but there is so much free space that it doesn't really matter. Plus, I'm glad that Drive doesn't erase files I haven't used in a while. It might be nice if they asked once in a while if still needed something that hasn't been touched, though.

Brian from Outsourcing/Offshoring

Perpetual Googler

Overall I couldn't ask for anything better. Google Drive is the once centralized location for my entire virtual footprint. I have thousands upon thousands of photos and documents spanning decades. Although I have lost physical memories of certain times in my life I can always pop onto Google Drive to view photos and memories.

Pros

I feel like Google Drive is to an Android user what the iCloud is to an iPhone user albeit available to the masses, unlike the iCloud. In my opinion if you use an android device Google Drive is imperative to your success in unlocking the full functionality of the machine that we know as Google. Google is not just a search engine and its vast reach into many aspects of our lives gets tied together with Drive. Save your contacts, your photos, files, movies, and pretty much anything and everything you use to function on a daily basis in one secure location with access at the click of the mouse. Whether or not you have your phone, tablet, or pc your information will be securely stored for your viewing pleasure whenever you need.

Cons

Limited space... Most recreational Android/Google users may not run into this issue however for someone like me who's enitire tech world is Android-centered I am beginning to run into capacity issues. I have a Google Pixel phone, many Google Assistant devices, and an Android tablet so my whole life is being jammed onto my Google Drive... I do have 14,000 unopened emails that could be contributing to this space issue. Additionally, it has taken maybe 7-10 years to hit this point so although it is bothersome I guess we all hit our limits eventually ... even Google.

Burton from H&H Aircraft Services

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Sit back I'll. . . Drive

Google Drive has made my work simply simplified. Now if I could only find a way to appear busy when the boss is roaming the office. I'm thinking Google needs one more app just for that situation. Google "Stall" maybe?

Pros

Google drive is key to keeping your workspace organized. From photos to documents, they're all in one easy, secure place within the best e-mail service out today. Functionality and security are what I looked for the most in a product, and google nailed it with their product, Drive. Drive even sync's across all your devices. Give it a try, you can't go wrong.

Cons

I really didn't find any flaws or cons, per-say. I found the software to be quite easy to navigate. There's really nothing I can put in this field.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Google Drive is the solution to your daily needs, Hands-Down. Give it a try, You won't be disappointed.

Donna from LONG and FOSTER REAL ESTATE, INC. and CHRISTIE'S INTERNATIONAL

Google Drive- Productivity Tool

Offers Remote Access from any Browser. My files are always with me whether I access my own PC/Laptop or on vacation using a public computer. I can work Anywhere Anytime! I use Drive for my Back Up and I can Share my files stored on Drive with anyone I want to. And if the 15 GB isn't enough after some time I purchased another 100 GB of storage for less than $2.00 per month! Plus, any changes I make to a document or with a shared client those changes/ revisions are automatically populated in all versions of the document!! I never have to carry a heavy laptop with me since the sync feature across all my devices allow me access from a table or a remote PC.

Pros

Everything! Plus the Free 15 GB of Storage with Synching across multiple devices. Drive Syncs to all my Devices, whether my phone, laptop, PC, SD Card, USB flash drives and my camera. I can Upload and Download and everything is in there! Drive Folder also sits on my Laptop folder and I can drag and drop and file stored on my computer to the Drive folder that auto syncs to Cloud Drive!

Cons

So far after many years of using Drive I haven't found anything I don't like about it. It is an amazing tool!

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

There were many other solutions for cloud storage to choose from with big price tags to go with them. So, I continued to utilize portable hard drives and flash drives to perform back ups. But with Drive I could do all of the back up in addition to synching all my information across multiple devices from anywhere from any device for FREE and that was 6 years ago. I have never looked back! This Free Tool is crucial to my business and my productivity. Google Drive is much more than just storage it is a way of doing business in the 21st century!

Lisa from Dundy County Stratton Schools

Stay Organized through Google Drive

We use Google Drive for storage for student and teacher files in our school district. This allows students and teachers access to their files 24/7 without having to e-mail the file to themselves or to save to an external thumb drive. The ability to backup and synch to Google Drive makes file storage so much easier for both our teachers and students. Sharing files for teacher collaboration and lesson planning is very easy on Google Drive.

Pros

The things our school staff and students like about Google Drive is the access to files 24/7. We are not tied down to being in the school building to access files on a network drive. Students can access and work on homework assignments from any device that has an internet connection. We also like the ability to search an entire drive for a specific file, organize the data into folders and collaborate with others on one file. Using the Share feature within the drive allows teachers in our school to have collaboration amongst students for assigned projects.

Cons

Sometimes is it is challenging to get the Google Backup and Synch to work for Google Drive which is frustrating for our students who work on more than one device such as on a lab computer and then want to work on their assigned school laptop or at home. If the synch doesn't work then the student does not have access to the file to complete the assignment. Our school district teachers use Microsoft Office and we sometimes use the Google Drive along with Google Classroom to share files to our students rather than sending them by e-mail. Even if we do e-mail a file to a student, that file is then downloaded from e-mail to store in their assigned space which is synched to Google Drive. When trying to open Microsoft Office files, the files will open in Docs and/or Sheets rather than the Office equivalent.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

We chose Drive over other products because of the ease of use for Google Drive and we wanted to use Google Apps for Education Suite for our students. Google Drive is free and has the right amount of storage space available for each student and teacher.

The best Cloud Service hands down!

Overall my experience with Google Drive is a very good relationship. It is dependable and I have the peace of mind of knowing my files, photos, and documents are stored safely and I won't lose any.

Pros

I have used Google Drive for many years. I have Google Drive on each of my laptops, desktop, and smartphones it's awesome because no matter which device I'm using I know I can always access my files. They offer up to 15G of storage for all your files, photos, and documents. My husband and I both use it so that we can share files between each other like tax documents and other important family files. Everything is stored on Google's servers so that you can always have access. Another benefit of storing your files on Google Drive instead of USB drives or external hard drives they can become corrupted over time or one day malfunction when you plug it in and your important files, documents and photos are destroyed but not with Google Drive you have the peace of mind knowing that your files stay in-tact.  One other great feature is if you receive a file that you don't have an app on the device that you are trying to open it on just open it with Google Drive it has the ability to open Microsoft Word documents, PDF, and spreadsheets. Another feature I use a lot is the search features with the amount of files I have stored it's hard to stroll through them all to find what I need. You can search by the type of document and keywords. The last feature I use a lot is sending large files from my Gmail to my husband or other contacts with ease.

Cons

The only draw back is the upload and download speeds can be rather slow at times even if your on WiFi.

Ethan from Freelance Entrepreneur

Industry: Computer Networking

Google Drive makes sharing content very convenient.

I use Google Drive on a daily basis to save space on my mobile devices I could never keep all my files with me without this wonderful service because there are just too many and I would easily run out of on board memory. So I just keep everything I don't constantly use in the cloud on Google Drive so I can download anything I need when I need it instead of trying to pick and choose what to use my limited memory for.

Pros

Google Drive is my go to software for sharing content like high definition photo's with friends family and business associates, but you can share just about anything that you can upload to the internet. Something that is really convenient about Google drive is that you share work files and give other people access to the files so that you can collaborate remotely on digital projects which really make the work flow more efficient and the best part about using Google Drive is that since there are no fees for using most of its features you can use it to send data to anyone you need to without worrying or needing to jump through any extra hoops to give the other person access to your uploaded files. Google drive is also great for storing your photos since you have access to it on most mobile devices these days. You can keep your mobile device memory load light and just download what ever files you need on a case by case basis as long as you have a connection to the internet.

Cons

The only cons I can really think of is that Google Drive may be difficult for someone with any computer skills to use as it is somewhat complicated. I specifically had issues trying to explain to a relative how to access some of the pictures I had made available to them at their request. The only other thing is that while the service is fast and free there are some limits imposed by Google in regards to how much data you can upload before you will see speeds throttled which is typical of any free cloud services so no surprises there, but its something to be aware of if you are trying to back up files regularly.

Isaac from Ethical Leaf Tobacco

Industry: Tobacco

Drive by Google review by Isaac Fungura

I basically work in Google Drive folder, all my work documents, school work, and important family documents are in that drive for easy back up and sync. I also share study notes with study mates and work documents with co-workers. I created a family tree for my greater family and since I did not know everyone from my ancestors to the current greater family members, I just shared the document with a few family members I had email addresses, then they also tagged others from the greater family. I allowed them to edit the Family Tree document until we came up with a comprehensive document that included everyone and it was formatted to look very nice and easier to navigate. I did it in Ms Excel on desktop so others in the family with exceptional excel skills assisted to perfect the document through distance collaboration

Pros

Drive offers fantastic storage solutions. Can easily tag work colleagues, schoolmates, friends and family on documents and folders that may not be easily sharable with email. Very good sync for files between desktop and devices, allows quick access to a bunch of files from another terminal Keeps files safe online because of password protection and also can have a 2 step verification by Google It can be installed on several devices - I have it on my phone, laptop and tab. You can also just login online from a device that does not sync your data, just like email Easy and quick to install on any machine with good connectivity I can edit in Drive online or in the synced folder(s) on the laptop and achieve the same result It also has Google Sheets, Google Docs and Google Slides among other handy apps to create content or view or edit online When offline, I can still view documents on my synced folder on the laptop/desktop and work on them offline then they will sync when I get back online

Cons

There's need to secure the laptop with a password etc to ensure the synced Google Drive folder is safe since data is already downloaded onto the laptop folder. Also, data may easily be deleted from your laptop, and in turn it also deletes from the online drive through sync If you are using the free version, you are limited to 15 Gig, hence you have to upgrade to premium to get additional storage space or create another account, though you'll still be limited if you are a heavy user like myself, in which case, premium is the only way to go. Storage is shared across all Google services including photos, videos, hence you can quickly use up your space

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Drive offered more storage space and applications within Drive that could provide an enhanced user experience and quite handy offered by Google e.g. Google Slides. It is also very convenient since most people in organisations have Gmail.

Collaboration is easy with Google Drive

Overall, I am happy with using Google Drive. It helped me and the teams I've been working with organize better, collaborate easier and share files flawlessly.

Pros

Google Drive is the storage application used within the Google ecosystem. I use it to easily share documents and files with the people I work with. The application supports files created from within itself (Sheets, Docs, etc) or files that are uploaded by the user. In the first case, the file is created instantly and ready to work with, in the case of a user upload, it does depend on the file size but I would say it becomes available pretty fast also. I would consider Google Drive a meta-application because, in the case of working with other Google Products from within Drive, it's a wrapper that offers aditional functionalities like commenting on files, seeing who is online and working and facilitates direct messaging. Organizing files and sharing them is pretty easily done also - it uses folders and it is always possible to see who has access to what, to restrict access to 'view only' or to take it out entirely. The application is practically available everywhere - web, desktop, tablet and mobile (both iOS and Android).

Cons

On the downside, it uses the storage within your Google account, which is shared with other applications (and, in my experience, e-mails that have a lot of attachments take quite a lot of space). Aditional space is, though, available with the payed version which would make this downside non-existant. Another downside is that the application requires internet access at all times in order to fully function. There can be situations where, if the internet connection is lost, the same file can be duplicated with different changes made in each of them.

Great product for cloud collaboration

Google drive has been a great solution to our file management needs. It's ease of use and share-ability make it my go to soultion for cloud storages.

Pros

Google drive offers a great resource for sharing files in my organization. It has saved us the need for on-site file storage. The drive is also vehicle that we can use to share files and information with vendors and customers.

Cons

I would enjoy a feature that would allow you to see more details about a file in the drive platform (ie file type). This is available if you have the drive extension on your file explorer, but would be nice to have in the cloud also.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

The cost per user with the entire G-suite of products helped push me into this option.

Maya from Kenka Records

The only reasonably priced file sharing solution for media companies

Google Drive has been an integral part of our company since 2015, a year after we started. For a media company, file space racks up FAST. Especially since we are keeping all the original audio files. We find ourselves quickly using up all our dropbox space. We explore self-hosted solutions like OwnCloud but we cannot risk having our physical server or hard disks fail on us. Usually I do not trust services that touts unlimited storages, but from Google, I will trust.

Pros

The cost is the main pros of this service. At the low price of $12/user/month, we get access to email, an entire office suite as well as unlimited file storage via Google Drive. The download speed is fast, I mean, it's by Google, what else do I need to say.

Cons

Frankly, there is no much cons that I have. It works exactly like dropbox but at a fraction of it's cost and comes with more features.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

We prefer a 3rd party to manage our cloud.

Great Cloud Storage

Overall, Drive is a joy to use and it's been an invaluable part of my business. Our email server has size limitations on outgoing messages, so Drive is the best way to share files in that situation.

Pros

The cloud storage is great, and the integrations with Google Docs, Sheets, Slides and Calendar are great too. It's easy to organize files, and the "recent" and "shared with me" tabs are very useful for quickly finding items. As with all Google products, search within the app is also very robust and helpful.

Cons

Sometimes sharing documents using a link feels less than secure, even though it warns you that anyone with the link can access the files. It would be nice to have more granular sharing controls. It would also be nice to be able to automatically disable sharing after a set number of days.

Russell from 45th Parallel, LLC

A solid choice for a backup solution for small businesses

I on and off looked for a backup solution for the many many thousands of photos I take during home inspections. I needed to back up photos from my work phone (Android) automatically while retaining folder structures. I was convinced I needed to solve my backup issue with Google Photos and spent a lot of time looking for ways to backup photos automatically WHILE retaining a folder structure (I didn't want to have to manually create Albums). Then I looked at other solutions like Dropbox and may others. The final straw was when I left a laptop on a plane and low and behold, nobody turned it in. I lost a lot of valuable photos. So I got serious. I finally figured out that using Google Drive, I can use third party apps such as Autosync for Google Drive on my Android phone that will automatically do what I want. Now, life is bueno. I sleep easy at night and have stopped checking daily to make sure things backed up.

Pros

I like that I have multiple ways to access Google Drive. I can access it from computer, phone, the app, the Internet. I like that I can easily change between Drive accounts as well. I keep personal and business separate. I also like that there are multiple ways to auto backup to Drive. I use an app on my business phone called Drive Sync that automatically detects new files in a certain directory, and backs them up retaining the folder structure to a designated Drive location. That's something I was unable to accomplish with Google Photos.

Cons

I'd have to say I am not super jazzed about the sharing functionality. I take videos of part of our inspection process on homes and share them with clients. If the client does not have a Google account, sometimes it does not automatically allow them to view using the link that gets sent with the invite unless I take extra steps and create a link and set it so that anyone can view it. I'd like to be able to have some settings where I can default that anyone with the invite link or email can view the files / video. I would not have to go through so many steps each time I share a file. It also seems the same functionality is not available on the drive app through my Android phone as there is when I use a computer and access it. It seems there are more features for sharing when I use the computer. I think they could use some streamlining on the sharing features. The other thing I am a little puzzled by is why doesn't Google Drive have a robust auto backup solution that his highly configurable. I am a Google business customer, and I figured this would be something beneficial to include with either Drive or an enhanced business version of Drive tools.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Drive was the only solution I was able to figure out a way to ONE WAY automatically sync many thousands of photos with a folder structure from my Android phone. I had to use a third party app called Autosync for Google Drive to get the job done to automatically back up my photos and folder structure one way automatically every day.

Lindsie from Groove Entertainment

Google Drive is an essential business tool

Drive is an essential tool for me in my business and personal life. I trust that everything I do is backed up and it makes it very easy to find what I need at any time from anywhere. I also don't have to bring my work laptop home with me because I can access my documents from my personal computer. This means I don't have to worry about forgetting my gear at home and being dead in the water at work. I also use drive to make company wide accessible folder for policies ,procedures, surveys, newsletters, etc so people can find what they need without having to print things out and waste paper and things can be updated instantly accross the whole company.

Pros

I can access all of my files where ever I am. I can easily sign in from any computer or phone, and since drive syncs with folders already existing on my devices, I don't need to move anything around or change my file set up to get it to back up appropriately. It had a decent amount of free space with it and makes it easy to change between accounts (personal and work) so I can find what I need. It syncs with a variety of other frequently used software, such as the rest of the google suite, slack etc. and has lots of options for sharing or hiding access to files.

Cons

I don't like that I can't have my files / folders sorted differently. The sorting method I choose gets applied to the entire contents of my drive, so I can't have my folders sorted alphabetically but the contents sorted by date simultaneously. I also struggle to find a way to organize the files and folders shared with me more appropriately. Mostly, everything is just dumped in one 'shared with me' section and it can be annoying to find something. I also wish i could customize notifications on a document by document basis (when others edit it) instead of a general 'notify me or not' for all documents.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

We were already using Gsuite for our email client, so Drive was a no brainer, as they functional together fairly seamlessly. We also recently upgraded our package so we could have unlimited drive storage, which is a huge bonus for us because we back up emails of terminated employees for their entire work history, and those files can get very large. Drive also allows us to keep these files private, and only share them with specific individuals and remove or add access easily.

Craig from SailSonoma

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Incredible Value

The ability to have a central place to keep important documents in a central repository that is available from any device has been a lifesaver for my mobile and dynamic business. More importantly, it provides a simple collaboration space for me to work with clients, engineers and others. Easy for all to access, and simple for me to manage permissions and access.

Pros

I've use Google Drive in support of my sailing charter business for over three years. I use it as a document repository for the vessel's technical manuals and maintenance records. I also use it to collaborate with clients on itineraries and activities for their charters. It serves as the system of record for my contract repository. Recently I began a real estate development project, an LLC with multiple partners. For that project we use it as a document repository and collaboration space for design and materials tracking. There are many things that I love about the platform. Specifically; the level of access control, integration with Sheets, it's ability to handle MS documents (while I don't have MS Office products) and it's ease of portability between devices - phone, tablet and laptop. Because I am frequently at sea, the ability to synch offline copies is a tremendous benefit. But perhaps the greatest thing is the cost. I pay less than $2.00 per month for 100 gig of storage!

Cons

The only thing that I don't care for is it's performance in Chrome running on a Windows 10 machine. It is much faster on a native Android device, but truthfully, I credit that issue to Windows rather than Drive

Tomas from Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association

Google Drive brings organization and piece of mind to members and Board

Before incorporating Google Drive into the organization, most of the record keeping was kept in binders as paper copies. As you can imagine, over time this is very inefficient and can lead to document loss, etc. Once we reorganized and brought Google Drive on board, we were able to reduce our paper copy/usage by about 90%. Even the items that we still needed initial paper copies of, were scanned once completed and scanned into the Drive share. This eliminated the paper binders and boxes of old documents in the first year. Because of the ease of use, built in security and ability to share, our members are more informed about the organization business and standing. We have been able to maintain a better level of "transparency" with our members and donors alike. Having documents readily available on mobile platforms has saved us time as we're able to deliver information donation forms, ledgers, or any data requested, on the fly in seconds, whereas prior, it might take days to track down the correct document, make copies, and then mail it. Using Google Drive has given us a much more "professional" stance, and increased our standing with donors and members alike. Finally, Google Drive has saved us countless hours in administration in every aspect from yearly audits, to policy and by-laws. We often wonder how we did it "before" Drive.

Pros

Ease of use, because most of our users were already Gmail users, the adoption and integration of Drive into the organization was easy. File sharing, security, customer service and support have all been great.

Cons

The only issue we had, or dislike that we've run into is when we transferred from one account to another, moving the entire archive was a pain, but with the help of Google Support, we were able to overcome the problems we'd run into such as broken links, etc.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

We chose Google Drive over the other solutions because it was easier to integrate into the organization, and because so many of our members were familiar with the product line, we were able to leverage the training that already existed in the organization, making deployment faster and easier.

Eduardo, Jr. from Tixani Services

Flexible Document Sync storage and Collab tool

We started with the free version bundled with Gmail. We eventually went full G Suite. Drive was a great value solution for us. We use it together with Sheets and Forms. We collaborate in real-time on Docs. It supports everything we need for syncing and saving files. For backups, we do use a different solution. But for syncing files, most of it is on Drive.

Pros

Whether you're a freelancer using the free version or you're a small business subscribing to G Suite, Google Drive is a great flexible tool for syncing files and collaborating. Our primary use for Google Drive is for syncing files between computers. Collaborating with team members is also seamless with Drive's integration with Google Sheets and Docs. Buying into the whole G Suite set of tools makes for incredible value for money. Google Drive is part of the reason G Suite is such a great value for small businesses.

Cons

While a lot of small businesses have adopted the Google ecosystem in their stack, they still have to deal with other companies who may still be using MS Office. Drive does not work as well as we want it to with MS Office documents, especially Excel files with formulas and pivots. If most of your clients are on the Microsoft side of things, you may want to consider Office365.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

It integrated well with the rest of the G Suite services.

Heidi from Eugene Area Chamber of Commerce

The Ultimate One-Stop Shop

I have used it for work and academics alike, and I have never been more satisfied with a single product. There are many ways to share documents, download it to the format you need, and you can edit any project in real time with another individual. Its versatility and collaboration makes it the ideal program.

Pros

Let's be honest. Google is taking over the world. I have no shame in admitting that I have ushered in this new reign of A.I that will probably take over the world one day... Just kidding. But in all seriousness, Google Docs is where it's at for me. I have used it for years, through my work and even in education. I can access all my documents from anywhere without needing to save it to one particular place. Get rid of your USB's for document transportation, because I can pull up any of my powerpoints, documents, spreadsheets, video files, pictures, and graphic designs on any device with wifi connection. I have it on my phone and can even edit documents on the go. If you wanted to work offline, go for it! Simply download your files. I use my google chromebook to work on the go, and everything is all in one place. If for some reason I didn't have a device on me, I can still easily access my documents by signing into someone else's computer or phone. Google essentially runs my business, and I am pretty satisfied with that thought.

Cons

If you are a disorganized person, Google Drive can be a little overwhelming. There are several ways you can organize your files, and you can easily lose things if you were shared documents and they ended up in other folders. In addition, Google has many options for a variety of tasks. Having so many functions is a great thing! But I often find I have to look up tutorials semi-frequently to remember how to navigate all the functions. In a way, it's great that Google Drive can do virtually anything with all it's functions, so you have to take time to utilize it to its full potential.

Google Drive Review

My overall experience with Google drive has been overwhelmingly positive. I use it to store and share large project files, up to a few gigs even, with little to no upload time. The free version of Google drive is so great, that even upload/download time takes hardly any time at all, unlike some alternative share/storage sites that can take several minutes, even hours, depending on what type of content you are trying to put there.

Pros

What I like most about Google Drive, is that it's very user friendly. One does not have to have any formal training in order to utilize this software. It makes sharing every day, average file sizes with internal and external client's a breeze. I like that you can easily assign or share links, and determine if the person receiving can view, edit, download, re-share (etc.) It's great for individual storage space that you can access at any time from your phone, computer, or and device with web access, and it's also great for group projects and collaborations. Being that it is a Google product, most people have heard of it, and recognize it's a reputable and safe storage/share site.

Cons

What I like least about this share site is the same issue I have with all share sites. It can be difficult to share content across the board with individuals that do not necessarily have a gmail/google suite account themselves. I have had individuals reach out to me directly, complaining that they cannot access the content I've shared with them, due to the fact that they don't have a gmail/google suite account themselves. Granted, there are easy work-arounds for that, but an average user is not going to be tech saavy enough to figure that out without lots of instruction.

Tiffany from Tiffany Hathorn

Industry: Writing and Editing

Perfect Way to Organize and Deliver Content for Business Owners

It's been great! Like I said, it makes my life so much easier and helps me to deliver a great experience to my clients. Highly recommend it.

Pros

I have been using Google Drive for several years and it makes my life so much easier. I use it to store and organize all kinds of documents - both for myself and for my clients. It is the primary way that I deliver content for my clients. I love that I can create folders for my clients, but retain ownership over them. This way, I can easily see what work I have done throughout the year, for whom, and when. It also makes it easier for me to revoke access to my work if a client decides not to pay. The one thing I love more than anything else, though, isthat you can use Google Drive ANYWHERE that has internet access (and can also do some things offline). Anyone who has ever had a computer stop working and you lose everything you were working on will understand how amazing it is to know that you can simply log into your Google account from ANY computer and access everything you've worked on. Ever since I started using Google Drive, it's hands-down all I need for storing and organizing documents.

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of anything I don't like about Google Drive. It's easy to use, has amazing features, and is trusted - which means that none of my clients have ever felt wary of using it. In fact, most are already familiar with and use it themselves.

Alexander from Capgemini

The Cheapest Robust Cloud Storage

Google Drive has never let me down, for secure storage of my files to sharing important documents to clients securely.

Pros

For non-business users, it is mostly free! The packages after the free limited storage are incredibly cheap, you won't notice them out of your bank account. For business users, the amount of storage that can be had for such a small dint into most project's budget is greater than many will need. We have used Google Drive in conjunction with RPA to great effect.

Cons

It isn't as seemless in integrating with Office tools like OneDrive is, however this is to be expected. Windows often does like to shut Google Sync down before it has completed too.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

OneDrive was more intrusive and more expensive, its integrations with Office tools did not outweigh the negatives.

Tuhin from CreativeDev Studio

A best cloud drive system for daily use for both personal and works.

Extremely best cloud drive. For my agency works related and both personal life I am using google drive to handle important work files and my personal photos to store them up. As I am an android user and also have it on my phone to sync up any data from my mobile apps to it as a backup. Been a happy customer for more than 2 years and ongoing. :)

Pros

1. Using yearly for more than 2 years at a CHEAP & Reasonable Price. 2. Regional server access with the highest speed data transfer rate. 3. Easily synced the folder between multiple devices instantly. 4. Happy to manage my work files and versioning. 5. Backup From Google Sync their easy to use application.

Cons

1. If you have a large amount of files in small chunk as I have 100GB. It becomes slower to resync all data again every time after rebooting the pc. 2. It does high CPU usage for budget category PC during sync. At least it happened to me.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 19,462 reviews