(17,226)

17,226

(4,233)

4,233

• Pros

• "The storage space is fantastic and the playback quality is flawless"

• "I love this software and will use it for forever! It truly is easy for anyone to use and is very convenient."

• "I absolutely love this product! It makes storing my work so much easier than anything I've ever used "

• Cons

• "It can be difficult to find what files are taking up your storage quota. The web UI is pretty but has been much slower in my daily use. It's improving but still laggy from time to time"

• "I love it, nothing to add here. The app could be a little better organized "

• "Could have a better interface, but it does its job well."

Browse Google Drive Reviews

Showing -49 - 0 of 21935 results

Ali from Depop

Google Drive Has Made Work Life Easy

My overall experience has been what I would like to consider immaculate. So simple and easy to use and it always amazes me how much it is improved upon after all these years. Its free, easy, useful, helpful, progressive, and all sorts of other good things. I am a huge fan of Drive and hope to be for several more years.

Pros

What I like most about Google Drive is the ease of access. It has allowed me to store large files of which a lot of other services are unable to provide. That is one of the main reasons why I like to consider the product superior in contrast to its competitors. Google as a company never ceases to fail me with the level of ease it requires to use their products and services. On top of it all, they are still continuing to improve their products and services.

Cons

What i like least about Google Drive is probably how there is no dark mode. I really want a dark mode because of how much less strain it would cause on my eyes. I have poor vision, and when it comes to light mode I have a hard time navigating things. If there is a dark mode, i would at least like to know where to navigate it because I am unable to find it.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

It was so difficult to navigate dropbox to the point where it began to be problematic for me. I like to be fast and efficient, but dropbox was unable to fulfill this need. When I switched over to Google Drive, I was able to accomplish work at a much faster rate and it turned out a lot better.

Avash from AvaTel Pvt. Ltd.

High Performance Cloud Storage for Every Business

Due to Google Drive, I don't have to worry that my storage device (Harddisk, Pen Drive etc) might get damaged resulting in loss of important files. It's easy to share files among co-workers and clients. We can do minor edits within Drive for many file types. This software is perfect for my personal and business needs. I absolutely love Google Drive!

Pros

As a web developer, I have been using Google Drive on a daily basis for more than 2 years. I use it to store files and share with my co-workers and clients. Co-workers can edit and store files which makes team-working easier. Even clients who aren't much familiar with computers find using Google Drive easy due to it's very practical and intuitive User Interface. Downloading files from Drive is pretty fast as it is powered by high-performance servers with almost no downtime which is obviously a great thing. Google Drive also offers 15GB of free storage which is great for starters and small business. I currently pay about $2 per month for 100 GB Storage which I think is cheap. One of the best things about Google Drive is its integration with third-party services. Almost every web services I can think of integrates with Google Drive.

Cons

I don't think there is much to dislike about Google Drive. However, one thing that I think can be definitely improved is the way we can see permissions and access that we give to other peoples. I think checking permissions is a bit tricky and can get confusing at times.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Google Drive has better integration with third-party software. Almost every web services out there integrates well with Google Drive.

Kiersten from Debt Buyer Network, LLC.

Industry: Investment Management

Uploads, deleting, and transfers are cumbersome.

Daily benefits, it is just that one day to the next I am not sure what I am going to receive and how fast.

Pros

Access and the fact that it is free is wonderful, however like most Google apps it is not a polished product.

Cons

The processes of uploading (automatically), deleting, scrolling, and downloading are tedious as they have to be done by checking each file. Deleting is done by batch but be careful because after you have checked many it takes a while to actually delete and you may get an error and have to redo it over and over. Downloading is ridiculous I have not found any other way to download a file other than one (1) at a time, which would take me literally days. Scrolling is through files is like looking at a dial up page. For those who do not know what a dial up is... imagine a line by line upload..... it is enough to make the most patient person impatient. Finally uploading is sporadic at best no consistency in Drive whatsoever. Like Dropbox there is no add-ons when it comes to sound so what you get is all you get. I am not sure how hard it is to add-on functionable services, but if your able to upload video and or sound files how about thinking just a bit farther and realize that sound is very intricate and different for everyone. Some people have hearing issues some people don't.... It is not rocket science, or maybe it is... In closing, it seems to me that Google is an amazing company that is a MEGA innovator. I don't believe the internet and all of our media and access to everything on the internet would have happened without Google they have kept their promise of no ads to date. I would like to see GOOGLE finish an app, and I mean completely they have the staff and resources.

Philip from Prism

Industry: Music

Google Drive - Most have

My business has partners in the same industry. When I meet new partners, the best way to hash out details usually changes quickly from email to sheets or docs stored on Google Drive. I have a sheet that is a living document that either of us in different states can review anywhere at anytime. The convenience has made drop shipping easier. Permissions allows me to lock down who can access what with a click and an email address populated.

Pros

Collaboration, I can share music files, videos, and complete a spreadsheet that another user in Indiana can then access and add information to. The free level is big enough for most users It travels - Phone, to any computer, to a tablet I believe it has version control as long as the file title remains the same

Cons

I honestly cannot think of anything negative to save. Maybe the privacy policy allows Google some level of access. I haven't read it in a bit.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

I've tried Dropbox in the past but had sync issues. I can attest to no sync issues with Drive. Sometimes I'll load recorded audio from a laptop downstairs to access for final editing with on a desktop. Google does this for me easily with a drag and a drop and then a download from the desktop.

Khan Md Mohaiuminul Islam from Sumitomo Mitsui Construction Co. Ltd

Industry: Civil Engineering

Never have to worry about storage, Privacy is key

In free version google drive gives a total solution about cloud storage, though I find some difficulty during downloading a large amount of file. In my total experience, I get free 15 GB storage with minimum difficulty, need only Gmail account to sign in. Location doesn’t matter, I can share my document from anywhere, it really makes my life more effortless.

Pros

User-friendly in whole perspectives, I can store my all personal documents, spreadsheet. Free access up to 15 GB storage with no difficulty. File sharing is more straightforward for a small group of people, privacy is preserved. File syncing is great for me, I did not lose any data here. I don’t have to worry about my device anymore, I can use from anywhere.

Cons

Web-based service - I think needs windows version, if possible. Cannot properly use offline storage system. I cannot download whole folders, it’s impossible to download a large group of file one by one, it takes time. Large file sharing is not enough comfortable for business use.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

price oviously, in Box - i have to pay monthly a great amount for store my personal data, but now i don't have to pay up to 15 GB storage. but sometimes i may need that paid service, when i need to use them for professional use.

Tom from Silver Bullet Lead Gen

Convenience Is Key

Pros

Fast to move information from one cpu or mac to another. Google drive includes a free suite of software compatible to Microsoft Office. For the average user, this is all they will need.

Cons

Sometimes it seems uploads take longer than they should. I've tried this on multiple platforms, so it's not just my Mac at the office.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Comparable and compatible. I'm familiar with Excell and the other Microsoft suite options, but that has a monthly fee attached to it. That is the reason that I'm out on that product. Drive works just fine and I can transfer or allow for easier access to simply just view a project to get some feedback.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Tired of paying for something that I rarely used. Plus there is a free option, Google Drive, that worked just fine for my puposes.

Chamroeunrith from PSE NGO

Google Drive Best Storage for Enterprise use

very flexible and smart for modernize IT to manage, can track all information, and have all reference when someone doing something or touch something. IT less headache with solving problem, google have smart filter to protect ransomware as well. google drive can attach in the email as attachment and so fast.

Pros

What i like the most of google drive is synchronize fast and smart with online/ofline mode also the version control, and can restore back to the previous date effectively. flexible with all devices and condition, don't need to use specific, can use with any devices, anywhere, anytime just internet connections.

Cons

the problem of upload big file, because it limit storage based on the max file size less than 30GB for upload.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Because Google is less expensive than One Drive.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

because windows file server is not flexible its for local use only, difficult when working as collaborations.

Carol from Relief Share

Google Drive is key to our success of tracking donations

Google Drive allows us to quickly and effectively track donations so that we can be more efficient and effective in our charity work.

Pros

Google Drive is very easy to use so even the new volunteers can hit the ground running. The information accessibility and ability to update on a moment's notice is paramount to making Google Drive essential to our charity.

Cons

There is nothing we don't like about Google Drive. It is excellent. There is nothing we would change.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Google Drive is more user friendly and accessible to everyone.

Thomas from Veterans Administation

Google Drive

My overall experience is extremely positive due to ease of use and cross platform connectivity within and outside (iOS) the Google environment.

Pros

This software offers online and offline access options as well as integration with Google as a whole making access extremely easy.

Cons

I have no negative experiences with Google drive at this time. Nothing but positive experiences to be honest.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Ease of use and access permissions from a closed network.

Muhammad from Lubuk Travel

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

My review for Google Drive

Great cloud storage with fast download speed help me to gain access to my files in cloud storage in a matter of second.

Pros

I really love that i can access my files on the cloud from any devices. It can be access form web browser without any need to install its software. That flexibility really helping me smoothing my work. The files can be shared and given access to public or only few people which i gives credential, it help to protect my file.

Cons

I have some problem in synchronizing my file in my laptop to the cloud storage. Some files are successfully synchronized, but some are failed to without any reason.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Download and upload speed by Google Drive is so much faster.

Sasha from CodeWithMe

Perfect, especially in this virtual environment!

I love google drive. It is a seamless team collaboration tool, and my documents always feel secure!

Pros

I love the convenience of all the Google tools under one account! The collaboration makes it absolutely seamless to continue group projects during Covid19 quarantine!

Cons

I wish it was much easier to add google docs to a drive folder...I have found myself having to explain to others in my teams how to do it because it is not a very intuitive button for this action! Would love a change there!

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

I chose it because my gmail account attaches to it!

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

I love the way Google drive is attached to my gmail account!

Mireia from Freelancer

Google Drive

As I mentioned, Google Drive is a good tool to use when it's about documents and contacting/working with people online and at a distance, but at the same time I feel like it would help people more if we could have access to more space to use or a tool to get rid of space in an easier way.

Pros

It's one of the softwares I use the most on sharing big documents or even storing them for use in a near future. I have been using it since High School to send projects to teachers or work collaboratively with other people on one same document.

Cons

I don't like how fast the space runs out. Between Gmail, Drive, Documents and others, the space you have with a free trial (which is what most people can afford) is basically nothing, I once tried to delete everything I had in my email account and it still said I had over 16GB of use, when in truth, I only had at least two documents weighing both less than 3 GB.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

I didn't make a complete switch, but now I use both programs since Wetransfer works faster, and doesn't fill up the Drive space, at transferring documents of 2GB or less to other accounts.

Valerie from Awesome Website Guys

Google Drive Is a Project Manager's Best Friend

I have used Google Drive for several years, and it's my go-to choice for creating, editing, storing, and organizing all types of content, from my work and personal life. You no longer need to rely on purchasing an expensive Microsoft Office software package as Google Drive takes care of all of your office needs beautifully. A big thumbs up from me!

Pros

I love the ability to have a central location to find everything I need. This includes everything from Google Docs and Slides to Google Sheets, all in one easy location. I love the real time collaboration that allows me to easily edit, update, and revise content during meetings with my co-workers and clients. The amount of free storage offered is also appreciated as it keeps this software extremely affordable for remote workers.

Cons

I haven't come across anything that I didn't like, to be honest. This is a workhorse software for organizing content and working in real time with others.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

When my Microsoft Office license key expired while I was still in college, I needed an affordable alternative. Google Drive was the quick solution and I love it so much I will probably never buy Office again. At work, I use Google Drive on a daily basis to keep my work content organized and easy to share for clients and co-workers. It's a project manager's best friend!

Castro from Acwict

Google Drive - All in One Cloud Services

My overall experience using Google Drive has been a great experience. It has offered me a pool of resources that I have been using on the cloud to store my data. It has enabled me to work remotely as it has cool team collaboration features. Their customer support is also superb and I can say that its an awesome experience interacting with them whenever need arises.

Pros

Google Drive provides quite a number of resources and Google services which I can use and store on the cloud. These includes Google Sheets, Google Docs, Google Forms, Google Slides and many other services. I like how I can create new files on my Google Drive and save them there. Google Drive also allows for remote team collaboration. Since these files are stored on the cloud, it is easy for team members located in different locations to access them. This improves efficiency and saves on costs, not forgetting error free work environment. I like how I can add files stored on my local device to my Google Drive storage. This helps me create a backup of these files in case my device fails or crushes. One can add all types of files to their Google Drive, that is audio, video, image or even text files. I also like how Google Drive integrates with Gmail, you find that one can save a file send via email to Google Drive and then edit it from there. I like the fact that I can create folders on my Drive. This allows for easy arrangement of files and makes my Drive look neat. Security is also another aspect I like of Google Drive. All my files are always secure from unauthorized users since one requires their email and a password to access them.

Cons

I do not like the fact that my Google Drive storage capacity is limited to only 15 GB. To make matters worse, it is integrated with my your Gmail mail messages. This means that once this storage is full, you will be required to buy more storage or else delete some of your old mail messages or your old files stored on Google Drive. Failure to do so will lead to one not receiving any new mail messages on Gmail. I also do not like the fact that when I share a file with someone, the moment I permanently delete it from my Drive, they will also lose that file.

Viktoria from TTB

One of the best cloud storage solutions

We used it to organize our comics and files related to our office. It helped us keep all the files generated daily neatly organized and accessible to everyone who needs to see them.

Pros

I liked the clean UI and the ease of organizing my files. It was a breeze to share my files with anyone in the office.

Cons

The search function could be improved with more options, sometimes it was rather hard to find files when the shared folder grew too big.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Because of its clean user interface and because it is Google and easily accessed from our google accounts and google browser.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

We branched off from the main company and decided to switch to Drive instead for ease of use.

Joshua from The Coffee Oasis

One of the better storage options

We use Google Drive as part of the G-Suite software package. It is a great platform for storing and archiving documents and files that need to be accessed at alternative times. It also is a great way for you to access the range of Google programs such as documents, sheets, and forms from anywhere at anytime. Where Google Drive becomes a bit of a burden is when using it with programs outside of Googles Ecosystem. It is difficult to access other file and word processing documents as they need to be downloaded so while you can access Googles range of software from platforms such as your phone, in order to access a file such as a word document you would need to either be able to download that file directly to your mobile device or to your PC.

Pros

Google Drive joins Google's Eco-System and works great in conjunction to the other applications that Google offers. The program offers great storage capacity for the price and it's ease of use is simplistic and intuitive. Google's suite of software is able to open directly within the storage page of the website as it is all web based allowing you to not only view applications such as documents and sheets but also edit them directly within the storage drive itself. Google Drive can both be accessed directly via the web or it can be made to be a direct drive on your computer which then syncs files from your PC/Mac to the online drive.

Cons

An area where Google Drive struggles is with other applications that are not part of the Google eco-system. In order to access other programs such as Microsoft office applications the files need to be directly downloaded from the drive and opened or accessed via the direct drive on your PC or Mac. Also when printing word based applications that are not part of the eco-system they require you to download the file else the print job may not come out directly as viewed.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

We utilize the Google Ecosystem for work which dropbox while allowing for other documents to be uploaded did not have as wide a range of programs available that G-Suite offers.

RAJEEV from GAIL India Ltd

Industry: Oil & Energy

Why Google drive is best?

Personally I have a great experience with the drive. I'm using this for long time for storage and to secure my data and to transfer my data. Sometimes it helped me to restore my lost contacts and various files. No matter how many apps are there for the storage, nothing can beat Google drive. So from my side it is highly recommended app to use. One must utilise the benefit given by Google which is absolutely free of cost. Easy and robust use. Perfectly secured and trustable.

Pros

First thing and most likable is its simplicity. This is much easy to use. Even a beginner with no knowledge can use this software easily. The storage capacity is its another edge of advantage. You can buy premium if you need more storage. But for domestic use the storage is sufficient which is totally free of cost. Thanks Google. Also the privacy which is main concern in today's scenario is very good. You can trust this software blindly. There is no matter of your data breach like other apps. Easy handling and less space covering tools are there. Easy to make an account and backup your data there. This is best to recover your lost data. It will keep your data safe so that you don't need to worry.

Cons

Nothing much is its cons. Only thing is the cost of premium storage facilities which is little bit high. But overall compared to others it is good. Second thing is it will automatically backup your data but when automatically backup is switched off the data can be backed and you can lost your data if there is any virus in your phone. But overall these are minor defects which can be countered and can be neglected. The best past is its absolutely fine product and free of cost by Google.

James from Full Moon Home Services

The Drive to Save Me From Losing My Past

I actually love it. My files remain intact and complete, even from my first upload. The quality is unchanged and therefore appreciated. To this day I can easily find and use files ten years old, without compromise. I've never had a corruption issue or bad experience with Google Drive. Stable, clearly presented and free, I wholeheartedly recommend this software.

Pros

I love that Drive always backs up the pics and vids that I would forget to save. It works in the background, it lets me choose the quality (and therefore the space used in the cloud) of everything I upload, it's reliable and easy to use. I can retrieve files quickly and without confusion. It also gives me quite a bit of free storage and offers relatively inexpensive options to expand if I choose.

Cons

The offline component is lacking. I can choose to make files readable offline but one-at-a-time. This gets tedious, sometimes annoying. The fact that I can't even preview my files while not online is absurd. Thumbnails are small in size, I should at least be able to see something that identifies my files, not just white icons adorned with incomprehensible text.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Cost, ease of use, stability, and features. Google Drive has been there for me through many broken, lost, or stolen phones (and free). All I need to do is open it in my new phone and there sits my previous life in pictures, documents and video. They've treated my stuff with care and I've been impressed at the level of expertise in almost all functions of the software. Others may have more bells and whistles but bells are irritating and I hate whistles. Drive gives me exactly what I want, and I'm good with that.

Darien from Gateway Alliance Church

Google Drive is a robust cloud-storage solution with many features, but a few glaring issues

Overall, I've found Google Drive to be a very simple and useful product that helps my organization stay organized and our files accessible via cloud storage.

Pros

Google Drive offers a simple yet powerful suite of features for managing your online cloud storage needs. Paired with paid tools like Google Workspace (giving access to things such as Shared Drives, unlimited storage, etc), and free tools like Google Docs & Sheets, it is a very useful tool that facilitates my companies storage needs, while also giving powerful admin tools (via Google Workspaces). However, if you take the Google Workspace tools and other Google software out of the equation, it becomes a simple online storage solution; offering simple ways to organize files into folders that can then be shared with collaborators as needed. But paired with Google's suite of tools, it becomes a powerful tool for any business with collaborative & cloud storage needs. As the admin of this software at my organization however, I am extremely impressed with it's overall simplicity - to the point that almost anyone can figure out & understand how it works, with little to no tech support. That paired with the security tools offered by Google Workspaces, and Google Drive becomes an easy-to-use, secure method of handling a companies files.

Cons

Google Drive, while simple to use, lacks some of the simplicity you can find in the file managers of platforms such as Windows or Mac OS, namely in making it overly difficult to move files. Whereas in Mac, you can drag a file over a folder and then have the folder open (so it's easy to place a file in a subfolder or find the right place to put it) and in Windows, you can just open a second window with the new folder and click and drag; Google Drive does not offer these features at all - instead forcing you to either find the folder on the sidebar (annoying if it's many folders down) or use their "Move To" tool - which works, but is not convenient. Simply opening two Google Drive windows and clicking and dragging won't work. On top of that, Google Drive offers little to nothing in the way of analytics on shared files; so if you share a link to a file or folder, or make it publicly accessible, there is no way to know how many people have actually accessed the file. While this can be navigated using a website or a URL redirect, it still is a simple feature I wish would be implemented into Drive.

Rashid from Decisive Analytical Systems Pvt. Ltd.

Most Versatile product

Its a good Business SaaS product, very easy to handle, like documents, images or pdfs in terms of editing. it is like having your office in your palm.

Pros

controlled way of sharing & accessing files/Documents over internet is made very easy is available to any web / mobile users.

Cons

Activity Rule based action on blocking /sharing data is not set Copy /duplicate a document with image is still an issue, the image goes missing in the duplicated document. There may be few glitches which Google would provide an update to resolve.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Is More versatile on editing features and is not MS centric

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Many users were familiar on G-suite tools

Sagar from InfoDevelopers

Pros and Cons of Google Drive

Google drive is one of the best option for team projects and document sharing as it is cloud sharing and can be accessed from any computer devices and mobiles. Most of my colleges reports, coursework's and final year dissertation report was saved on google drive and it's integration with google products like google docs has made easier to update documents so I would like to suggest others to use google drive for storing files.

Pros

Google drive is free to use cloud storage platform which helps students, startup companies to store important documents up to limited storage. It is easier to collaborate with other team members and makes work productive. Managing folders is easier and providing access to those folders to other members is also easier. Uploading and deleting files is easier. The best feature of google drive is it's highly secured and provides option to limit permissions for different types of users. Furthermore storage can be adjusted depending upon business size. User interface and user experience of google drive is good as it is just easy to navigate and just one click to share or upload and delete files. Other google products are also well integrated with google drives and can be accessed with the same google account.

Cons

The upload speed is slower which makes it time consuming to upload higher size files. In today's day and age the files size are getting bigger and providing just 15GB file size is not adequate. Files deleted from one location is permanently removed so it's need to be managed. Google drive does not have ability to recover deleted or lost files thus it must have features to recover those files as sometimes files can be deleted by mistake.

Christopher from Hith Sales Agency

Industry: Wholesale

Everything I need is here

Pros

I only recently started using Google Drive (about 9 months ago) and couldn't be happier with where I'm at now with organization and storage of my most used and important files. After about 3 months of using Google Docs and Sheets I decided to completely abandon Microsoft Office and transferred all my files over here. The ease of use and storage capabilities within Google drive are what are what I like best. Having everything in one place with super easy access from both my mac os as well as ios has made my life 1000 times better. And not having to worry about saving my work every two minutes is also key. I primarily use this Google Drive with one colleague and the collaboration feature has optimized our production immensely. I've yet to even dig into all of the other apps within the drive and am excited to see what else I can start implementing into our business.

Cons

I can't really think of anything negative about Google Drive. The only thing negative for me was when I first started using it I wasn't aware that you were able to work offline. That was actually what finally sold me on Google Drive and to move forward with using it as my main staple program.

Souhil from OBUYZ Store

The Best Cloud Storage Solution for Business and Personal use

It helped me to save time and money and I really don't need to worry about my files getting lost if my PC/laptop broke or something bad happened also, I really don't need to get big storage hard disk to store my files. for me, Google Drive Is the perfect solution for everyone especially for small businesses because It's very easy to use and a time and money saver. I hope Google will keep the good work and I hope they will add more features in the future.

Pros

I like it because It's free and very easy to use with an excellent and clean user interface. I can access all my files, pics, videos...etc from anywhere and I can use my phone or my PC/laptop to access them. I like The offline access option because it's allowing me to access all my files without the need to have an internet connection. I can store any files from Google Docs, Sheets, Slides and I can access and edit them without any problem. The best thing is I don't need to have a large capacity hard disk because I can now store all my important files in the cloud using Google Drive and I don't need to worry about losing them because everything is safe and secure on Google Servers. I really love the security system and the encryption file transfer google offered in Google Drive and I really feel safe and I don't need to panic about my files or my account getting hacked. It helped me to stay organized and helped me to manage my files, pics, videos and I like how I can control who has access to my files while running my business. I can install the Backup and Sync tool to automate the file saving and if I make any changes the tool will automatically Sync everything in Google Drive. Google Support is great and they are available 24/7 and they have a lot of resources and videos about google drive and I learned a lot from their blog articles too.

Cons

They can add passwords or any sort of protection when sharing a link. They can improve the Uploading speed because sometimes it's very slow especially when uploading big files to your Drive account.

Elia from Remitly Nicaragua SA

Using Drive as a Collaboration Tool

Nowadays keeping the files up to date and making sure that all the team has the information required is crucial for the proper development of several tasks in every kind of environment. Working remotely has make this requirement more crucial than ever, having files stored in Drive with the lots of policies allowed through G Suite admin has made it really easy to ensure that the correct people is getting what is needed and at the correct timing.

Pros

Google Drive has come to be part of my daily tasks, with a wide variety of online tools out there, Google Drive is a critical part when it comes to having all your files in a secure and nice looking place. It makes is easy to see the most up to date file when you are working along with several members in a single file. In the case you need to be sure that the files are kept secure, it comes with a sort of options that allows you to choose if the members in your organization can or can not shared files with external accounts, but that's not all, if you need to allow some users this option, you can still make it more granular and block the access for some, but allow it for others. Additionally, you can choose if the files can be seen only or if the other parties collaborating may or may not share to more users. Besides, you do not have to be on top of saving your advances.

Cons

I've used this Google tool for long ago, I use it so much that I think it would be harder to continue working even in personal projects without having the files stored there, I feel that it makes life easier since it helps expedite the processing of every file you store in it. Additionally it keeps then secure enough.

Lindsey from Amp Strategy

Easy Solution for Small Team Storage

Overall, it's a great solution for our team because we are small. We're able to easily store items in individual client folders, and can pretty easily transfer items from one folder to another when needed. We often share items with clients for editing or approvals, and Drive allows us to do that well. In bigger organizations, it wouldn't be the best solution if you use formats outside of Google AND need team members to all have access at the same time. For example, in SharePoint, you can "check out" items to alert others you are editing, whereas in Drive you have no idea.

Pros

The primary features we love are: ease of creating folders, sharing links with critical contributors outside our organization, speed of adding and removing documents/attachments, and the feature of seeing all contributor comments which is super helpful with editing and copywriting.

Cons

It gets frustrating to have to download xlsx or word docs in order to edit, and then have to remember to upload them again to ensure the most recent version is stored. Although we create docs/sheets within Google as much as possible to avoid that, trying to convert an xlsx to a Sheet is not a seamless process (formulas don't translate over); therefore, we have several xlsx sheets we have to maintain as Excel that we cannot be in and edit at the same time. Additionally, we've had a few issues here and there with trying to transfer storage of a document from one account to another within the same GSuite.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Price and ease of use/access

Liezl from Karmic Collective

My lifeline

I am grateful such a thing as Google drive exists in the world! I can access all my stuff, instantly, from anywhere. I can open documents, share client files, and access personal photos quickly and easily. Its safe, and easily accessible. I can sync as it suits (usually after hours). Its even really cool that I can segregate client access and folders from each other to maintain privacy. It is REALLY easy to use. I love that its exactly the same as internet explorer. And it has fairly secure and robust structure. I changed countries, and my data was safe, and accessible.

Pros

I have a lot of data. Official, work related, and just for information. Being in IT I was aware of security, and how drives can fail after a certain amount of uses. I have spent YEARS copying important photographs and documents from one drive to another, manually updating synchronizing my data storage. It all had to be done piecemeal, with excessive attention to detail so I didn't duplicate or store excess data. And of course, carefully in small bits so as not to corrupt the copy. With Google drive its all done for me!!! I set it up once, and spend let it it run overnight to synchronise. I use it for my work and personal life. I can access work documents from anywhere - my mobile, laptop, or even internet cafe. I can share client documents easily (and globally) without having to drop off flash drives. I moved countries, and felt confident if my drive fell in the ocean my data was safe. its fast, easy, secure and safe. I am the happiest data collector person in the world!

Cons

its quite a hefty annual fee to setup! Once a year I spent a few moments wondering whether to continue my subs, then think of the hours of manual copy, share and backup ... and pay it. Spending the rest of the year happy with my purchase and knowing its secure, backed up and accessible. So its truly worth it, and most definitely comparable to others, but not the most cost effective.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Space saving, wont fail, is easily accessible from anywhere, and any device. I can share big files with clients, and set up syncs to backup the data. I dont need to keep moving the data, backing it up, and duplicating it. It has save me countless hours (probably years by now) of time sorting data.

Jennifer from HRSS

Industry: Security and Investigations

Google Drive has been a lifesaver more than once!

My overall experience has been positive with Google Drive in the workplace and at home.

Pros

I use Google Drive for both professional and personal uses. My favorite feature is that I can download the app and access my Google Drive on my phone! I back up everything to my Google Drive so that I have it anytime. If I have a computer failure, internet down (but can still access cell phone), anytime - at my fingertips. This is a great tool in the workplace to share with remote employees, share site with customers, etc. I love Google Drive and even purchased a Google Pixel cell phone because it works so well with Google Drive!

Cons

There really isn't anything I don't love about Google Drive. If I had to pick something, I would not be able to.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Not applicable.I was using Google Drive for my personal needs so I already knew how it worked.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

iCloud wasn't reliable, in my opinion. I never felt like my info was secure and it was cumbersome to access once I switched from an iPhone to a Pixel. However, Google Drive can be accessed from any device with ease.

Google Drive retired my pendriver and memory cards

Pros

Google Drive makes all the difference in my professional and personal career with my team. A prominent feature in the new service is the search for files, which is done in the entire content of the file, using keywords and filters, such as, for example, file type and creator user. The service also promises to recognize objects within your scanned images and texts, providing data about your documents. In addition to the powerful search, Google Drive has a tool for viewing files, which displays more than 30 types of files in the user's browser. The files range from high definition videos to Adobe Photoshop files, to text documents, spreadsheets and presentations.

Cons

The Google Drive service integrates version control for stored files. All changes made to the files are recorded and saved automatically for 30 days. If the user wishes, it is possible to choose a version to save forever. Thus, users can have control of what was done in their files, knowing what was changed, when and by whom. Version control for all files (Photo: Reproduction / Disclosure) Version control for all files.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

I chose Driver because I'm already used to using google products on my Android.

Aki from Givaudan

Industry: Chemicals

Encouraging Collaboration Using Google Drive

The collaboration within the company has increased a lot with the use of Google Drive. People now realized than they can work together within the same folder and file and ensured that they are working on only one version for everyone. Although there are people still using the normal file attachment to email, we are slowly getting there.

Pros

There are a few things I like about Google Drive 1. The MyDrive and Shared Drive which can split personal folders vs team folders. 2. I like the simplicity of use. All I need is a browser. 3. I like the Drive File Stream which can be installed to navigate your files using Windows Explorer 4. I like the unlimited storage (at least for corporate). 5. I like the different access control 6. I like the built-in apps (Docs, Sheet, Form, Slides, etc) 7. I like the audit trail like the history of who and what was changed 8. I like the collaborative feature that makes a team work on a single folder 9. I like the mobile availability as they have native apps both for iOS and Android 10. I like the "link" attachment and the capability to update files on the fly

Cons

The only thing I don't like is the offline availability. The Docs, Sheets, Slides, and native app for Drive is not so accessible when you don't have the internet, although some files are, like Word, Excel, PDF, images. This is not a big deal because the place where I am at right now, we got internet connection almost 24x7.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Since the company is using the integrated solution of Google (mail, etc), we then opted for Drive.

Ruffin from Wythken Printing

Industry: Printing

Functional but unintuitive

Love the unlimited storage and (for the most part) integration with Gmail. The interface isn't very intuitive and the sharing permissions are truly obnoxious, but Drive is still easier to use than Dropbox.

Pros

We use Google Drive as part of our G Suite account and for the most part Drive integrates really well with Gmail, which is one of the only other G Suite apps that we use. We have the unlimited storage option and we just pay per-user which makes it really easy to manage all of the individual accounts because you don't have to worry about users running out of storage. It's also a lot simpler to receive files that are sent with Drive because you can download the files immediately to your computer – whenever we receive files sent from Dropbox its MUCH more of a hassle.

Cons

While it might just be because of our particular setup, the sharing functionality of Drive is a huge hassle. We are constantly (read: 40+ times a day) sending and receiving files with clients and the files are often too large to send as an email attachment so they're send as a Drive download instead. The issue with Drive is that since we use it as part of a G Suite organization, the default sharing permissions are limited to only members of our organization – and there is no way to change this from within Gmail. So in order to email large files to members outside of your organization you have to manually change the sharing permissions per file on a case-by-case basis from within Drive itself. Even if you upload the file from Gmail, the only way to change the sharing positions is by opening the sharing settings for that file from within the Drive interface before sending the file. Besides that, the only other thing that drives me crazy is the user interface. The Drive web interface (as opposed to Drive Stream) automatically lists folders before it lists individual files, so even if you change the list to be sorted by date, file name, user, etc. it always lists the folders before listing individual files. The combination of that with the obnoxiously large and clunky "Quick Access" icons (are they even still called icons when they're this large??) make the web interface pretty frustrating to navigate.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

We primarily use Mac's so we weren't too thrilled with going with Microsoft 365 to begin with. Dropbox had better FTP integration but the pricing plans and functionality/ease of use made it unreasonable.

Amit from Sociobyte

My Honest Review For Google Drive.

Overall experience with Google Drive Is Good. It's way more advanced, cheap and reliable to other platforms or options available at present time.

Pros

The most important feature that I like about this software is the readiness it provides to save your file whenever you are thinking about saving the file at the safe place. It is made by Google I am 100 per cent assured that my data is in safe hands. The ease of using the software is also a plus. You just have to sign up and sync your phone and Google and you never have to worry about saving your data. It is available free which always is a plus for anyone.

Cons

The cons that I came across while using Gdrive is that it has used more of text to get your jobs done. It would have been better if Google would have image buttons or more of images in the software, that would make the user a bit relaxed because when it comes to handling data the user is somewhat tensed in someway. As in the case of Google Photos, play store, Google Pay seems to be more comfortable in using than Drive. The price also seems to be a barrier , as Google doesnot seem to make the user comfortable with the price which it offers for a common user . The price tag seems more comfortable for business. And I personally think that Google should think differently for individual users. Though there may be updates in Google Drive since its launch, I have personally not experinced any Better User experience with the software as with other Google products. Since Google drive software is related to data, Google seems to be less in terms of explaing the users whether the data will be available after 20 years as Google is also known to shut down apps that dont work.

Good Drive allows you to have an office within your email

Google Drive has changed the way I work. I no longer need to install heavy and paid software on my computer to work. He's also smart enough to save everything I'm doing, preventing me from losing documents. If you are a student, or even a professional, Google Drive is a great way to create and store your files and documents in a safe way.

Pros

The possibility of working with files only in the cloud is fantastic. With Google Drive, I can organize all my files and they are available on any device, even online. Automatic synchronization, which prevents us from losing any documents, is another positive point. Also the fact that the changes are saved, which can revert errors that would take a long time to find. The compatibility with the phone, in which I can open any document and make changes is incredible.

Cons

The only thing missing is having a night mode to work on Google Drive. The white screen is a little uncomfortable for the view. And if that function already exists, it should be more intuitive to find, as I never did.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Because Google Drive allows me to do everything without having to install any programs and completely free.

Fernando from SIEMENS

Industry: Medical Devices

My Essential Drive

Overall, I cannot recommend it enough. Whenever I need to move or share data from any one of my devices to the other, I use Google Drive almost without even thinking about it. There are always options for sharing things with friends and family. However, if I need options for others to contribute, add, edit, etc. Drive proves to be extremely useful. The availability across platforms, ease of use and “peace of mind“ knowing that it my data is “safe in a cloud” is priceless.

Pros

Google Drive is available everywhere I need a cloud-based drive to be. Plus, it is as easy to use as I would expect. And, perhaps the “only drive” you might need. By everywhere, I mean every device I use: my laptop, my smartphone, my tablet. I can drop a file in from my laptop - literally, drag and drop. And it is readily available on my smartphone or tablet in seconds. Needless to say it works the other way as well. Something on the smartphone or tablet that needs to be accessed by my laptop/pc ? Sure, maybe it takes more than a “drag and drop” - but it is just as easy as sharing something (three-dots / share) with another app. Just have to tell it what folder - if you need to. Speaking of easy, it really is as straightforward as having that extra drive on your device. Practically seamless. As if I had another drive - just one that is connected… wirelessly. A drive that I can share anything with anyone at any time. Just create a link to the folder ( make sure the permissions are appropriately set) and away it goes. Others can share their folders just as easily. A drive for all drives? Maybe. For starters, anyone gets 15 Gb - which is plenty of space. As a Google One subscriber, the space starts at 100 Gb, and can increase depending on your subscription settings. It could be a solid reason for not using other cloud-drives at that point. Or - maybe even not bothering with solid-state drives or other physical drives. The “icing on the cake” is knowing that the data is safe.

Cons

Can you improve on “perfection”? There is always room for improvement. For one, it works best on platforms that are already built by Google: Android-based tablets, smartphones, (Chrome) Web-browsers, chromebooks, etc. and not-so-well on others. Case in point: using Google Drive on an Apple Ipad Pro is not intuitive in the least. After months of use, trying to figure out how to download and properly store a file where it needs to go proves to be a challenge. When uploading, it may be a little more evident, but it is not as simple as on an Android-based device. There are too many options listed - and at first glance can be dizzying. Across all platforms, the thumbnails can take a little while to show, but that is to be expected as it might also depend on the network speed the device is connected to.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

As a Google One subscriber, the amount of space at my disposal made a big difference. However, the ease of use, and ability to toggle who can see/edit etc. was a great factor as well.

Mirza from Texas A&M University

Best option to keep your documents synced with you on the go

This software has been very helpful throughout the past couple of years, the team drive option is very handy. You don't need to carry a USB drive with you, just log on to your google drive and upload your data in an instant. I would recommend everyone to get this software.

Pros

The best thing about using drive is the ability to have your documents available to you everywhere if you have an internet connection. An added feature that lets you make documents of your liking to be available offline is also very powerful. You can also install drive for desktop on your computer (or Drive Filestream if you have a business/educational account). All your files stay synced. You can also sync the photos you take on your phone with you google drive account. You have the ability to upload folders as well, not just individual files. If you're looking to share stuff on your drive, you can allow certain individuals access (other's wont be able to see it), so your privacy is safe. You can also create different team drives for different projects.

Cons

The thing that I dislike about google Drive is that when you try to upload a folder that contains thousands of small files, the upload tend to fail to complete 75% of the time. So you have to zip and upload them, I sigh google could fix that. The sync across all devices doesn't happen instantly, it takes about a minute or two to appear everywhere, I find that too slow.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

I chose drive over others because of the ease of integration across all other devices and the option of having it on my iPhone.

Benjamin from Ben Accinelli LLC

Industry: Photography

Great for documents, but nothing more

If you're in the creative industry and have team members that work on projects through collaboration, this is not your software. If you have an admin that needs access to documents and needing to keep track of things in a spreadsheet and possibly have the occasional powerpoint presentation, this will be enough for you—especially for the price

Pros

create, editing, and storing documents, google drive is wonderful. I'm able to create templates that can be accessed on multiple devices from multiple users at almost any time i need them. this has completely replaced the microsoft office suite that i've been using for years.

Cons

file storage, collaboration, management, and sharing is subpar to say the least. nowadays with files getting larger and larger—especially in the creative industry with photos, videos, and graphics—the storage is not nearly enough, even on the highest tier plan.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

I couldn't afford to buy licenses for all of my employees and not being able to collaborate with clients at the same time. most people nowadays have a google drive instead of microsoft since one is practically free while the other is not

Kristin from Verizon

Love this for business and personal

Overall I would highly recommend this product if not for business then definitely for personally use! I have used it for business being about to store Google sheets and docs and share with sales and service teams, allowing all of us to view and edit (or set just to view if need be). Also the ease of using the site is amazing! Everything is in one place and every self explanatory. I love this product so much I even pay for increased storage for my personal use!

Pros

Several features to love! You can work from anywhere, the mobility of this product and that you can start on your desktop and hop in the train and work from your phone on the same document is a huge plus! Additionally being able to just add parties not only to a document but to the entire folder made business so much easier! When you have a folder full of info to share instead of having to zip the folder and and unzip on arrival just give the user access to your “case folder” (what we called them) and then you can all share the same folder and same information!

Cons

As easy of a product as this is to use, I do sometimes find myself wishing it was slightly more customizable, but even that I can do without, it’s a amazing product!

Business required

"Best tool for work at home or anywhere with only a single lappy or smartphone & internet"

The benifits are numerous. As i already pointed out about the easy share link for different roled people of your work monitors. One more best thing is that the storage capacity. I almost stored around 10GB of my docs and sheets along with inportant client folders with images and data in my drive. The problem of sharing the folders and worked on data through mail is easily being solved in just a click of sharing link using this tool.

Pros

All my work is stored in the form of excels and docs so i just share the link of my work sheet with the client directly. This particular feature of sharing the link of our worksheet with only viewing access or if needed, with editing access is the best feature from this drive tool.

Cons

As far as i am aware i am usingng this tool from the past 3 years and i never disliked something so strong but yeah i dislike some functions that are not required in the excel sheet when we are at hurry. Like when i select some cells, some times it automatically calculates the sum of these cells together for which i always face trouble in enteringng the cell values separetly in every cell in numerics.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Due to the ease of usage for Google Drive I finally bought this tool instead of going to my second option "one drive".

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

I felt google drive is more convinient to use in terms of both storage as well as access anywhere and anytime on any smartphone and there isnt a compulsion to carry a lappy for accessing this tool.

Casey from Reliance Residential Realty

This is GREAT!

I have no real complaints about drive. My blurb in the cons section is really me being hypercritical to fill in a required answer. Of all the storage solutions I have ever used, this is by far the best. And...my storage capacity is pretty minimal, because of retention periods, everything I use in drive eventually comes off and becomes a "file" on my computer. Because of this, the free capacity has worked well. Other systems I have used, that's not been the case. Really...my experience has been all positive.

Pros

I currently use the free features google offers and I love most of them. For drive in particular, I like that I can have all documents across many devices and they sync almost instantly. I can work on something on my computer, need to leave it and pick it right back up on my phone. All I have to do is be signed into my Google account. I use a lot of different document platforms for signatures and contracts and things, and I like that I can drop the finished documents in my drive and share them with all parties, and not have to worry about whether or not they will be able to open/view the item. It's really a very seamless process that makes things very easy for what I do.

Cons

I do find that in files that are shared with me for use on my own, sometimes formatting can be a little tricky. When creating documents, I tend to use applications like Word. Docs is great, and has similar features and the documents look similar, but formatting a document is a little different than I am used to and so I find I get frustrated when I want something to look a certain way and I can't make it happen. Now, I will admit that there is a lot of this component that is user error on my part, or rather a lack of experience with the features of the platform, but I find I don't have the patience to play with it, so I settle for something I can deal with instead, and then move on.

John from Reliable Carpet Cleaning

Google Drive>>> My Go-To Drive!

I love this software! It makes my personal life and business life simpler and saves me time. What more could I ask for?

Pros

Google Drive is perfectly integrated with my smart devices, notebook, email client (Gmail) and Google Calendar. What's more, I love that all of my photos and videos are automatically uploaded and stored on Google servers for free. In addition, my business documents are automatically backed up onto the Google Drive every single day. So for both personal and business use I cannot find a better service than Google Drive. Just last week I was offered an unbelievable deal with Microsoft OneDrive: 1 TB of space plus Microsoft 365 for less than $25.USD per year! I thought about switching to Microsoft OneDrive for three or four days, but could not bring myself to renounce the convenience and reliability of Google Drive. So now I'm looking at purchasing more space with Google Drive for a very reasonable price. I also love the way my pictures, videos and documents are organized perfectly. (Something that is sorely missing with Microsoft OneDrive)

Cons

The monthly/yearly plan for Google Drive is a little bit more expensive than Microsoft OneDrive. However, if I needed the extra space, I would choose Google Drive over Microsoft OneDrive.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Google Drive was already completely integrated into all of my devices, email client and calendar. In addition, it organized my files perfectly with backups everyday.

Amro from Proleaders

A great cloud drive for SMBs

It's a great product from a great corporation, mostly intended to serve as a personal storage drive. Multiple features could be added in order for it to better fit the enterprises. As an SMB, it qualifies for what we intend to use it for (cloud storage), with limited sharing capabilities.

Pros

1- Perfectly easy to use 2- Mobile App (Available on both iOS and Android mobile devices) to have access to my important files on the-go 3- Ability to restore deleted files 4- The integration with google apps such as (Tasks, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.) which make it very useful for an all in-one collaboration solution 5- The ability to add a large add-ons from third-party tools

Cons

1- It lacks major version control features such as (tracking changes, diffing, branching, etc.) It only include when it was modified and by whom. 2- Permissions do not work in the same logic of inheritance (e.g. If I own a folder and I share it with X and grant him a read/write permission over it, X creates a sub folder under the shared folder and gives me only a read permission, I won't be able to create/edit/delete anything under the sub-folder although I own the main folder!) 3- Confusion between Google Drive Windows desktop application, there are actually two (Backup and Sync, and Drive Stream) both have slightly different features, but eventually do the same thing, there should only be one desktop application to use. 4- Inability to share files with non Gmail users, sharing only work with Gmail E-mails.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

We received a special offer by Google which tilted the balance for it.

Chethan from Infosys Limited

Review of Google Drive

Overall, I would recommend Google Drive and personally been using for long time.

Pros

Google Drive is one of the best Cloud based storage solution. Google Drive is the best way store files of various formats and access whenever required from anywhere. Unlike any other physical drive or hard disk, Google drive can be accessed easily from almost all the browsers. One can easily share the files that are stored in Google drive which will help the users to share files easily without any email attachments. Users can stored even videos and images files which rich in content and files of large size. Google drive allows the users to store all the MS office formats including Word, excel and PPT and one can easily access them from anywhere and quickly perform the tasks and save them back to google drive. Google drive also allows users to access and print the documents easily. Google drive also includes the office suite like google docs, sheets and slides to edit the office documents. Google drive is also compatible with other apps and templates.

Cons

Google drive has many benefits but also has few demerits or Cons. Google drive provides the users only of initial 15gb of free space later which users need to pay for the extra space. As Google drive is cloud based solution, Its always risky to store any important and confidential data to store and share them within the group. Google drive is still not the preferred storage solution for many of the corporate companies due to Security and Privacy issues. Google drive is fully based on the internet and users need to be connected to internet to access their files which makes life hard for users who are in remote places and has internet issues.

Lucas from Public Schools of Calumet-Laurium-Keweenaw

Drive is Good

Drive is incredibly useful, especially if you're already using other Google apps. It makes sharing materials easy, and allows you to organize things in an easy way.

Pros

Drive makes my digital work much easier to manage. I can save nearly everything into Drive and easily organize it into folders. I can even change the folder colors to make it easy on the eyes. Once something is in Drive I'm confident I won't lose it and it won't be damaged. It also works well with all the other Google apps.

Cons

I wish there were a few more options for organizing the folders, such as more color options or different types of folders.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

It was more useable and compatible with our other technologies.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

We were already using a lot of the Google Apps, so it made sense to also use Drive.

Jonathan from JRWDevelopment

Probably the easiest to use, full featured, cloud file storage system on the market

I needed a place to store documents that I'd be able to access securely from any device. I also wanted to be able to use this storage system to collaborate with other people on storing and/or delivering documents. This software is perfect for that need.

Pros

Google Drive is probably the easiest software to use for cloud file storage. It has apps for phones, tablets, mac, and pc. I mostly use the web interface for managing my files and permissions because it seems to have the most robust and consistent feature set. It's remarkably easy to upload a file and then share that file with another person or get a public link to that file to post anywhere. I like that you can share entire folders and make collaborating on file storage downright simple. You can upload multiple files at once and it handles it in the background. It's mac and pc apps make it possible to sync a folder (or your entire drive if you want) with a folder on your computer. It has very generous storage allotments and a payment structure for upgrades that's neither complex nor expensive. Another awesome feature is the ability to preview most documents. Most only storage systems just allow you to view a file type thumbnail and download the file. When looking through hundreds of files, it's cumbersome at best. But with Drive, you can easily preview most documents without having to open them in a separate window.

Cons

It is very difficult (possibly impossible) to collaborate with users who don't have a Google account. Also, when trying to implement Google Drive via a custom software product, their API documentation is very complicated. Their examples are almost useless. Finally, it's not a version control system. While Google Docs and Sheets allow users to see the history of their edits, it's not simple (it may not be possible) to recover a document from Google Drive that was changed/deleted in the past. There is a trash system, but it's not for recovering different versions of a file. None of these were deal-breakers for me, so I love the software.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Google Drive was not only cheaper, but had better integrations with other platforms and a simpler overall interface.

Brent from Rocket Grove Creative Studios

Beats all other online storage, integrates with everything

Google Drive is used as much or more than any other online tool in my business. It lets me not only easily store files so I can access it anywhere, but it allows me to integrate with virtually everything. Website backups, online collaboration, the integration with the rest of G Suite, along with about any other tool out there. It's easy to use, and nothing is confusing for me.

Pros

I love how Google Drive is integrated with thousands of other online tools, and it makes sharing documents so easy. I've shared documents with large numbers of people in groups for work and other purposes, and I've had very few complaints when using Google Drive. When using other tools like Dropbox, it was always harder for others to get into and figure out. Google Drive is just smooth and nothing has been easier to use. And the perfect integration with all other Google G Suite tools is icing on the cake.

Cons

There really isn't much to complain about. I guess if I had to find fault, I would love it if they had more video encryption options so when I share a video, I can restrict it to a certain website (like a client dashboard). But really, I'm just nitpicking there.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Dropbox was just clunky and I would always get questions about how to access it. And it doesn't have as many options for sharing restrictions, file delivery, etc. Plus, the cost of G Suite and all that you get compared to Dropbox and other alternatives, it just made it an easy choice.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

I still use Onedrive for a few things, but Google Drive was just easier to use, and more people have been able to access Google Drive for me. People prefer the interface and ease of use over anything else I have used.

Christopher from Atlantic Images Ltd

Industry: Photography

Google Drive Is At The Core Of Our Company

Our overall experience has really been superb. I think in over 5 years we have have contacted the support once. Everything is so simple and easy to use. This is critical with sharing images and documents to all types of people and companies. The way nearly any file can be uploaded and viewed as well as converted into Google's own formats is also really useful. Then you can download the files in numerous other formats. It really is quite a product considering the price.

Pros

Having started our company a five years back, Google Drive (for Business) has been at the centre of our company from day one and is so easy to use. We have had almost no issues with the software and we can rest at night not worried about losing any of our days work. The thing I personally like most about this software is the unlimited storage option. Other companies and software just can't compete and they really have been left behind. We were with several online storage clouds and their lack of forward planning and increasing fees made us jump at the Google Drive Unlimited storage option. With ever increasing file sizes (think 8K video coming soon on personal phones) storage is key for our media company.

Cons

The one thing we would like to see more of is customising the Google Photos section. The way our company works it would be good to have a feature where you can add a tick, colour or note to the image so we know it's been worked on, edited, or uploaded.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

The iCloud storage features just didn't offer Unlimited storage and their pricing for what they offered didn't even compare to Google. They also removed several featured from their cloud years back and they didn't seem to realise that photos and video were going to be at the heart of everyone's lives in the future. We then saw the hundreds of products that Google offered for teams (as well as the unlimited storage) so it was really a no brainer to choose Google Drive.

Viktor from Dwight school London

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

The Drive to rule them all

Overall, Drive is top of the league. Securely sharing important documents, collaborating on all kinds of shared documents which are synced to any electronic device, with reasonable pricing kept us going for for years in the small school where I work.

Pros

One of the main features of Google drive is that it can sync on anything. Sync on mobile or tablet, Android or Apple? No problem. Sync on a mobile phone without Google services (Huawei etc)? No problem, there are apps that do this as well. Sync on your laptop or computer, running Windows/Mac? Easy. Linux user? No problem, many apps do this flawlessly. Another great feature is that it links seamlessly with the rest of the Google Kingdom: Docs, Sheets, Gmail, Slides, Classroom. The security is highly customizable: you can choose your own level of protection, and in 20 years working with sensitive data, I always felt secure (you must set your main password right, to start with). Other great features: it let's you create shortcuts throughout the drive, having always your main doc up-to-date, regardless of which version you edit. Also, it keeps versions of updated files, meaning that if you mistakingly updated a PDF and you want your old version back, there are ways to do it. The pricing is very, very reasonable.

Cons

The web interface is a bit confusing. As a first time user, you are greeted with a lot of bloat that you won't need in the near future (most likely). There no option of dual pane, to move around things quickly. Nor a directory tree on the left side. Renaming files or folders is a joy-breaker: instead of using F2 as on most similar software, one has to right-click, select 'rename' and then do it. The recycle bin becomes very slow, once is has over 1000 files, and it's almost impossible to navigate that wrongly deleted file (whose proper name we forgot). The search is great, as one would expect, although in organisations, finding the right file becomes almost impossible, bloated by results from every single user who ever shared a file. There is filtering by type or owner, but still the search is well behind it's main website search engine (which is way more intuitive). The sharing links are way too long and it beats me why they didn't implement the goo.gl URL shortener for the Drive?

Google Drive is Amazing for Collaboration

Very positive. I would highly recommend using Drive to any graphic designer.

Pros

When working with clients, I love to keep a Google drive going so that we can upload our ideas, inspiration and deliverables. Especially during the Coronavirus Pandemic, this has been especially useful for remotely working.

Cons

I don’t have too many complaints. Sometimes there’s a bit of back and forth to give permissions for people to view the files outside of the company— but honestly not to hard.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

The connection to gmail is a huge plus. Also the collaborative properties of google docs hand in hand with google drive is great for my workflow!

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Ease of use. Trying different things. Dropbox is nice too but google drive is easy to use and is connected with my gmail account :)

Robert from Law Office of Robert Kekuna LLLC

Industry: Law Practice

All Roads Lead Back to Google Drive

My experience with Drive has gotten better over time as I have gotten comfortable with the concept of the "Cloud." Today it is so easy for me to use that I don't give it a second thought.

Pros

I didn't realize what Drive did when I downloaded it years ago: I really didn't get the concept of saving files to the Cloud . When programs like Dropbox came out later it made sense. As my solo practice has grown I find Drive to be an easy way to save files and folders to the Cloud and in the same way my files are saved in my PC. Because Google has its own counterparts to Microsoft programs like Word and Excel they are available immediately in Drive, so I can start writing and saving items without having to go outside of Drive; I will later download files to my PC to work with them in Word and Excel. Drive documents are easy to attach to Gmail emails as it has its own icon for attachment; it's also helpful in emailing larger files. I also understand that it is less expensive to buy more GB of storage than the other well-known programs, but I don't have personal knowledge..

Cons

Sometimes I worry about saving files to Drive and not knowing what folder to put it in. Drive does allow you to choose where the file will be saved, but many times I don't know where I want the file saved, so I just save it without putting it in a folder, and then go back and move the file to the appropriate folder. That is extra work but it's not an issue.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Drive was the first cloud storage software I knew about, so it wasn't a choice. I have heard good things about other programs such as Dropbox and Box. My Microsoft files are automatically backed up to OneDrive, so the redundancy is a plus.

Sebastian from Loyola Marymount University

Google Drive - Sebastian Van Hemert

My overall experience with Drive is quite pleasent. As expressed earlier, there are much more pros than cons when it comes to this service. All I wish it could improve upon is its speed for viewing photos and if the algorithm could do some sorting on its own instead of just clumping everything togethed. All in all, I am satisfied and I would recommend. I have now recommended Drive to my mother, uncle, and girlfriend and they seem to like it as well.

Pros

I enjoy Google Drive's wide spectrum of file types that can be uploaded to its cloud. I am able to upload files ranging from photos, videos, presentations, songs, and PDF's all the way to entire databases, movies, and other compressed data. Then, I am also a fan of its compatibility with other members of the Google Suite–such as Docs, Slides, and Sheets–that Drive serves as a central hub for. The fact that Drive is free is another bonus, which is particularly helpful to students like me because most of my assignments are stored in Drive with my student email. Whereas, I have personal data on Google Drive through my personal email. I like to keep my data organized so I am glad Drive offers files to be stored in different folders. Lastly, one of Drive's most remarkable features is that it can be accessed anywhere by using its mobile application.

Cons

I sometimes find myself struggling with Drive's speed, especially when accessing my photos. I used to store most of my pictures on iCloud but Apple forces customers to pay after a certain GB limit. Drive, on the other hand, offers more space than Apple does and for free. The only problem is that it can be extremely slow at times no matter how fast your internet is. I once uploaded all the pictures from my PC on to Drive to create space on my hard drive, but now when I want to access these pictures on Drive it will take forever for each individual image to load. This makes it impossible for slideshow viewing. Another feature I dislike is that it will often clump all the data together in the recent feed, no matter the file type. I wish it could automatically separate pictures from videos, and videos from PDF's, and such.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Google Drive offered more space than Apple did, and for free.

Dennis from Holy Cross Lutheran Church

Lifesaver

Very positive - everyone in the organization has adopted it. It is very easy to implement if you are a Gmail centered business.

Pros

We used to keep a shared drive at each of our locations and ask staff to back up critical file to shared drive. Now we use Drive and it really works well for our organization. We have established shared drives for departments regardless of location and individuals can securely store their docs.

Cons

I am not really sure it is an issue with the software however I wish I could map drives without eating up hard drive space. This may be available however the last time I tried it I ended up with a very full hard drive.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

The peace of mind knowing that our documents were in the Google cloud secured by permission level access.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

We are already using GSuite so it just made more sense.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 21,935 reviews