Browse Cloud Servers Reviews

Pardeep from Zedi

Industry: Oil & Energy

AWS Cloud Service

Pros

Since we have cloud services for one of our project, we cut down our onsite hardware and capital expenses. One less thing to think about (about hardware) when working on software projects.

Cons

Only thing bothers me is the limit of the data storage.

Derick from Turning Consulting Group

Great hosting for non-developers

It is great for non-tech persons or for small and simple websites that you don't wish to administer personally.

Pros

Cloud Servers by Rackspace enables any non-tech person operates a site and with minimal training can deploy complex web based systems like Wordpress, Drupal, Dropbox-like sites, etc. The technical support team is among the best in the industry and you will be in great hands using this product.

Cons

For technical people there aren't many options to tweak the server. If you need to change a setting in the server you are out of luck, servers come as they are and Rackspace quickly suggest you to change to a much expensive server. The "unlimited" database space is not genuine, when you have a big enough database you get blocked without warning affecting your business. If you are a tech person I would not recommend this product.

Reasons for Choosing Cloud Servers

Rackspace bought my previous provider Slicehost

Reasons for Switching to Cloud Servers

Slicehost ended operations

Surprise "Renewals" and Poor Service

I even shared documents showing a 25% decrease in revenue, but they said that's not good enough and they demand we pay them for their service. We don't even get them to work on our tickets unless we open them, put tons of details, videos, then we have to call them immediately to get any attention at all.

Pros

Literally nothing. The Rackspace organization has declined completely over the last 10 years. I was so excited to start working with them again when I started my own company, but they treat us like second class citizens. Our rep even told us we were too small for them to care about.

Cons

The service. They are uppity, rude, and dishonest. There is some supposed renewal that they say we signed but my records show that we are out of contract, so they want to try to make us "buy out" our contract. We are barely hanging on with COVID and they are the only partner who did not try to do anything to accommodate small business in this time.

Reasons for Choosing Cloud Servers

Because I thought they would be good to us and instead they are really putting the screws to us. Run, don't walk.

Ben from Active Documents Ltd

Easy to use virtual servers for your business

Pros

We use Rackspace virtual servers for our short life development, testing and staging servers. They allow us to start up a VM quickly and relatively cheaply, from either a base image or a customer image. Once up, the performance is excellent, giving a stable environment for the purpose the VM has been provisioned. Control over the servers is good, allowing fine tuning of servers, storage and availability options.

Cons

Although Rackspace is relatively cheap, it can still become expensive quickly. It also fails to give the piece of mind required to put customer servers into production.

Benjamin from Laird Noller Automotive

Rackspace and your business!

Pros

Rackspace provides a product that allows the user a very easy transition from other products. We utilize it daily for email, and while it has worked out fantastic thus far, it is very generic compared to other products.

Cons

It offers plenty of options, however the User Interface could be more attractive, the options could be improved as well.

Kevin from DoggieLawn

A good alternative option if budget is somewhat limited

This is my 3rd/4th server company I have worked with and it does ranked near the top. I wish their resize, modification was a little more extensive in pricing options

Pros

I like that the monitoring alerts and different ways to scale your sever is all setup nicely. The pricing seems a bit limited and higher in choice, but overall does fit what you would pay for

Cons

Some of the way the server infrastructure is organized through your account does not seem efficient. The permissions setting was not all intuitive as well

Zach from Perks.com

Rackspace has been an awesome solution for our team's image hosting needs.

RackSpace has been a significant improvement for our team's hosting needs, and we're able to push changes to client sites twice as fast now.

Pros

Rackspace is faster and more reliable than the previous rental server our team had installed.

Cons

No real complaints - I suppose it took awhile to implement fully, but once it was up the server worked great and never crashed.

Can't Believe It's Still a Company

I started with Rackspace in 2012 and it was a great relationship for more than half a decade but I could in no way recommend them now, especially with so many excellent competitors.

Pros

I had many years of good service from Rackspace Cloud Servers but they have lost their way and no longer seem interested in "fanatical support."

Cons

They have locked me out of my account for days, taken away servers to only have them reappear months later without warning and then get billed for them. They keep creating more storage containers and charging for then for no reason.

Reasons for Switching to Cloud Servers

Wanted to move to a virtualized, cloud based environment.

If you want a more hands-off approach to infra management, Rackspace is a good candidate.

Pros

If you have a clear idea of the requirements for your infrastructure, or if your infrastructure is relatively simple and straightforward, it's really fast to set something up with Rackspace since they have so many templates they can use.

Cons

If you have some unique parts to your infrastructure, the back-and-forth through their support ticket system can get a bit tedious. I recommend resolving certain issues over a phone call, if possible, since that can be faster.

Sydney from Pacific Debt Inc.

Rackspace Review

Pros

What I like most is that it is very easy to use

Cons

The support services are not very good and it is hard to contact any support specialist.

Good For Small Businesses That Don't Predict To Have A Big Growth On A Short Term.

Pros

The thing we liked the most about this software was the ease of use, implementation, and integration with the external systems.

Cons

The thing we liked the least about this software was the fact that we had a lot of recurrent issues that had a huge impact on the company growth, in terms of stability and the systems going down.

Kevin from Independence Contract Drilling

Fanatical Support

While a bit more than going with Azure direct from Microsoft, they do really have the support that Microsoft does not. Sure, they are basically reselling it, but when you call Rackspace, you always get a human, instantly. That alone for me is worth the price difference. Also, all the techs are local in Texas, I like that.

Matt from McDonald ATV

Top notch customer support and a great product

We have used Rackspace managed cloud servers for several years to serve our e-commerce website. Their products have always delivered but I would give 6 stars to their customer support if I could. Always helpful and quick. The only drawback is they are not the cheapest solution out there.

Malhar from Technobrain IT Solution Pvt. Ltd.

Good Tool that is helping us improve

Pros

The user interface is simple and easy to use. Flexible when it comes to creating simple or complex workflows depending on the customer's requirements. Online documentation, and community forums, are extremely helpful.

Cons

If you have an immature organization, it will feel the pain provided by the structure this tool provides. It is a good pain caused by change.