All FareHarbor Reviews

Reviewed April 2023

Fare Harbor makes it easy

Kaitlin

Reviewed March 2018

From customer support to foolproof features, our experience with FareHarbor has been superb.

PROS

While the features of this software are plentiful and easy to use, we most enjoy the prompt, friendly customer support available to us through FareHarbor. Our Account Manager, Kristin, always delivers excellent work even when we provide her with information that can be unclear. She is a fantastic liaison between our business and FareHarbor Support, and she seems to go out of her way to ensure we're using FareHarbor to the best of our ability by facilitating appointments with FareHarbor support for us to learn how to make minor changes on the backend of our website, answering questions in a timely manner, and implementing new information to our website on a weekly basis.

CONS

One feature we enjoy least about this software is its mobile functionality. While it's certainly compatible with mobile devices, it's not always the most mobile-friendly in terms of working behind the scenes and formatting. Some examples include trouble viewing booking notes and updating manifests, text appearing too large, pictures a bit out of focus, etc. However, any adjustments we ask to be made in terms of format are quickly resolved by FareHarbor Support. On another note, there are times when we make adjustments in the dashboard ourselves - without the help of customer support. Yet, often those changes still have to be submitted to FareHarbor support staff, so they can make those amendments appear on our website to customers. It feels repetitive. If those small changes could automatically be reflected on the website, we feel both our staff and customer support staff could become more efficient. Finally, there seem to be plenty of features available at FareHarbor of which we users are unaware. For instance, our website was outdated and desperately needed some attention. We weren't aware we could get a website upgrade, or makeover if you will, until a support staff member reached out to us about that possibility directly. Perhaps implementing a list of available features - especially those that are at no additional cost - to all users would be a positive change all around and would ensure use all parties are using FareHarbor to the best of their ability.

Thanks for the great review, Kaitlin! We appreciate the feedback and your suggestions for improvement. We'll also be sure to forward your compliment to Kristin! If there's ever anything we can help with, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Replied March 2018

Teresa

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Well structered and efficient online booking management platforms

Due to the world wide partnerships it is a great and profitable Booking Software, offering a large range of Reports and management tools.

PROS

FareHarbor system helped us creating a website and due to their world wide partnerships, the system increased the number of bookings and consequently made our revenue grow, by letting customer browse our Tours and easily book online. Being free of charge for the company. Efficient checkout experience. It really offers excellent features for tour and activity operators.

CONS

Website designed in a very basic and unappealing way, considering that if it were improved it would guarantee an excellent and growing source of income for the company. The website handling is strict and not allowed. Poor training - only one session (viewable for a year) and in short videos. Difficulties in spoken communication with Support. Any time you want to change anything in your dashboard, from product to prices, you need to spend time emailing support and wait for a response.

Reason for choosing FareHarbor

Due to the world wide partnerships such as Booking.com and GetYourGuide

Reasons for switching to FareHarbor

Due to the above mentioned reasons.

Sandra

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2018

Over-promised and Under-performed compared to Other Top Booking Software

Fareharbor called us almost every week for 18 months trying to get us to switch to our software. The sales rep. kept insisting that if we switched we would see a big increase in our sales revenue. So, we were eager to see that happen in the first month of our 5 month high season. However, the first month, there was no increase, it was almost exactly the same. Then the next two months, which are the highest revenue months of the year for our company actually saw a sharp decrease in sales. One month was $10K less than the previous year, and the other month was over $20k less than the previous year. There was nothing about Fareharbor that actually made guests want to book more. Their product is just complicated and not better. The reason they have more reviews and customers than the other companies is due to their relentless, downright irritating sales tactics. They wear you down with calls until you just agree. I would like to add that in the months I have described above, our company also spent 2 times more on marketing than in the previous year. I mention this because when I told Fareharbor they had not lived up to their guarantee of more sales, their response was to tell me they could not tell me how to do marketing, and they suggested it was to our lack of competence in that realm. But as mentioned, we spent twice as much and worked equally hard. When we have a chance, we will change software systems. We would not recommend Fareharbor to other companies.

PROS

The user experience for the guests who are booking seems good.

CONS

Everything is complicated. From set-up to all the confounded reporting options, it is just all too much. Not user-friendly from the point of view of the tour operators dashboard. It is nearly impossible to set-up or edit your own tours. The gift-card option is ugly and not a good sell for our company. We sold way more gift cards with our other software.

Hi Sandra - Thank you for your honest feedback. Open and honest communication with our clients is very important to us and we deeply regret the experience that you had. Although you did not find FareHarbor to be the solution you were looking for, we would hate for you to leave with a bitter taste. If you have additional feedback you'd like to share please feel free to reach us at (855) 495-5551. Otherwise, we wish you and the BK Adventure team continued success and hope for another opportunity to earn back your business.

Replied February 2019

Kelly

Fareharbor 2022/2023

Fareharbor have been great to deal with and the system easy to use

PROS

Easy to use, especially the app when out and about, bookings and payments are easy as are cancellations and refundsDashboard is easy to see availability Manifests are detailed and handyGreat customer Service from our accounts manager, help desk and the team is fast and efficient The reports and invoice are great

CONS

Waiver forms don't always show on printed out manifest which can lead to some double handling.

Reason for choosing FareHarbor

The sales person was very persuasive and got me on board and I then in turn got the business owner on board and we signed up and no regrets since

Reasons for switching to FareHarbor

The Fareharbor sales person did a good job of the hard sell

Heather

Hospitality, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2023

All the functionality I need with great customer service

Overall Fare Harbor is a great tool that helps my manage my food tour and excursion business on a day to day basis quickly and easily. The customer service is great. Their knowledge base and resources are outstanding as well as there in person customer service.

PROS

Onboarding and transitioning was easy and they are very helpful getting you up and running. I find the software easy to use and easy for me update and edit tours and availabilities. As a major player in the rez tech arena, Fare Harbor is competitive with upgrades and has API's with nearly every imaginable API you could want.

CONS

The reporting feature does not have a great UI and I find it difficult to extract the info I want. Also, one major downside is the booking window is a popup, therefore google conversions cannot be exactly tracked, only tangentially.

Reason for choosing FareHarbor

I liked Fare Harbor's pricing model, free website managed by them and all the functionality I was looking for.

Reasons for switching to FareHarbor

The handwriting was on the wall that EZ Tix was starting to fail as a company. I needed to make a switch fast and EZ Tix had designed my website. Fare Harbor designs websites for free, and they are great, and are at no cost. But beyond that Fare Harbor had all the features I was looking for in booking software.

Brooke

Recreational Facilities and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Zero Customer Service

Starting my own business and wanted to use FareHarbor for my bookings. Had the Zoom call, answered the questions that were emailed to me and then….. NOTHING!!! They just disappeared. I’ve emailed, called, messaged and I get the standard reply of someone will get back to you. Bummer I thought this would be the easiest part of opening my business. Disappointing.

PROS

What I liked about FareHarbor when I’ve used it at my other jobs was the ease of use.

CONS

Zero Customer Support. Can’t get a human on the phone.

Demian

Reviewed May 2022

Highly Recommend!

Over all, for what I need from FareHarbor, it's a great fit!

PROS

I like the look of it, functionality, helpful instructions if need, and the increase in direct bookings, without customers contacting me first, to make a decision.

CONS

The FareHarbor Distribution Network could be improved upon. I didn't find value in that department, so do not offer my services for a commission. However, I did allow FH to set up a website for page for Other Activities, partnering with other local tour operators. I have yet to see the value in that for referring business. multiple times.

Reason for choosing FareHarbor

Started in Hawaii, reputation in Hawaii, other Tour Operators/friends who use it, style, and functionality.

Reasons for switching to FareHarbor

It was inferior to FareHarbor in many ways. Only advantage was no booking fee.

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2021

Fantastic software that seamlessly integrates with your site

Our non-profit arts organization / national historic landmark started shopping for a new ticket vendor amidst the pandemic when our formerly tried and true ticketing vendor (BrownPaperTickets) became negligent and withheld earned income from ticket sales for our events that took place in 2020. A sales rep from FareHarbor had been regularly reaching out to check in with us and see if we wanted to learn more about their product, and while shopping for a new service I spent countless hours doing research and speaking with representatives from several ticketing vendors (EventBrite, SimpleTix, etc.) and decided to give FareHarbor a shot as well. The sales representative was fantastic and thorough, answered all of my questions (and subsequent questions), provided support, and was highly transparent about everything - fees, onboarding, etc. We made the decision to try FareHarbor primarily because of how customizable their services are, the autonomy we get as a customer, the support provided by their team, how seamlessly it integrates with our website, and the fact that the branding is on point. Most other services have their own logo front and center with your business's logo and information secondary, and with FareHarbor all communication and interfacing makes our branding, logo and information top priority with subtle branding of their own. We are over the moon with their software and service!

PROS

The customer service team has been exceptional in providing complete information and support throughout the vetting process and then getting us set up, customizing our dashboard, training our staff, and continues to be highly responsive and supportive. It also integrates seamlessly with our website and is exceptionally user-friendly, not to mention how beautiful it looks!

CONS

So far we have not yet encountered anything we don't like about FareHarbor and their services. I'm thankful that the sales team was as persistent as they were with our organization in trying to share their product with us, or we may not have known it was an option for us. Thank goodness she kept calling, how many people can say that?

Reason for choosing FareHarbor

We used SimpleTix in a pinch while finishing the 2020 tour program and while it worked great it was slightly less user friendly, didn't integrate with our website as seamlessly, and wasn't as customizable as we needed it to be. They do have great customer service though. We decided against using EventBrite primarily because it required a one year contract and the branding was focused on EventBrite and not venues - for example, if you buy a ticket to an event through EventBrite, the email you receive has EventBrite branding front and center and the venue's information is minimal, so all EventBrite tickets look the same no matter what venue you purchase tickets for. It's not customizable. We also need to have customer support available 7 days per week, as our events take place primarily on weekends, and the sales representative was very transparent in saying that they did scale back customer support availability to be 5 days per week. FareHarbor has customer service 24/7, is fully customizable, doesn't require a contract, and the fees are comparable to other ticketing platforms. They also integrate with our website so that when a customer purchases a ticket, they never leave our website - and it didn't require altering the format or template of our website. The FareHarbor service team took care of all of it for us, made adjustments as needed, and has continued to provide consistent support for us.

Reasons for switching to FareHarbor

We had used Brown Paper Tickets as our ticketing vendor since 2008, and in 2020 they withheld the earned income we should have received from ticket sales for tours that took place between July and September of 2020. Brown Paper Tickets also shut down their customer service, and stopped responding to our inquiries about when we may receive what's owed to us. It's now 2021 and they still owe us over $30,000 for those tour ticket sales, and we are just one of thousands of venues and customers who are owed money by Brown Paper Tickets. They have lost our trust due to their gross negligence, and have yet to confirm any sort of timeline as to when we will get paid. As a small non-profit, we rely on that income to remain open to the public.

Hi Sarah - Thank you for sharing your review of FareHarbor, we appreciate you taking the time to share this detailed feedback and comments! We are thrilled to hear you had a great experience working with our teams to get you onboarded and set up and we are excited to have you as part of the FareHarbor Family. We look forward to growing this partnership with you!

Replied May 2021

P.T.

Entertainment, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2021

Stellar Service!

My overall experience with FareHarbor has been wonderful. The staff has been proactive in anticipating my needs. They were welcoming, helpful, and cooperative.

PROS

I have used many ticketing services over the years. All of them have had their benefits, but there was always a few things I wanted to change. FareHarbor is the best of all worlds. The interface is very manageable for first time users. The customer service, and support staff have been exceptional. I have easy access to my dashboard at all times, be it on my desktop or my mobile device. Implementing FareHarbor was one of the best choices I have made for my business. I highly recommend this service.

CONS

I don't have any cons to report. So far my experience has been very positive.

Reasons for switching to FareHarbor

I have a friend who uses FareHarbor for his tour company. I was privy to the support and follow up FareHarbor provided his business during Covid. I was impressed by FareHarbor's proactive stance, and the support they provided their clients. That was when I made the decision to switch.

P.T - Wow, thank you for taking the time to share this review! We are absolutely thrilled to hear how wonderful your experience has been with FareHarbor and will continue to build off that! We are committed to your business growth and are actively creating more content and materials to help you and all our clients navigate through this COVID landscape. Be sure to check out FareHarbor Compass for any Marketing tips along with our Help Center for any questions on the Dashboard. As always, our 24/7 Customer Support team is standing by and ready to take your call or email!

Replied February 2021

Reviewed September 2022

Easy and free setup, but booking cost fairly high

Good. The initial sales guy tried to setup the system to drive too many of our bookings online, at the expense of doing them manually to make better use of our instructors and resource. But once setup the system worked well and the tech support was excellent. The tech team would very quickly change opening times, setup new activities, change prices etc. Best tech support I have ever had.

PROS

Setup was done by Fare Harbour and it cost us nothing. The technical team are really fast and effective.

CONS

Fare Harbour add a booking fee that the customer has to pay on top of the fee for the activity. We would have preferred to include this fee in the total as we did not like the concept of a booking fee.

Reason for choosing FareHarbor

Free setup and lower costs for us as a small business with few bookings.

CHRISTINA

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2020

Our small business LOVES FareHarbor!

We are so happy we made the switch to FareHarbor two years ago. We have a cleaner website that is user friendly with increased sales. The support teams work hard to make changes and keep our website performing seamlessly as we add new products and grow and expand. They care deeply about our success as a business and we feel the love and support from their staff as we grow our business and partnership with their company.

PROS

Easy to use, team friendly, quick and efficient. The change over from our previous company was seamless and the support is incredible!

CONS

Only that the fees are among the highest in the industry.

Reason for choosing FareHarbor

More API connectivity and better support, better reviews from clients.

Reasons for switching to FareHarbor

More functionality and options with fareharbor platform.

Hi Christina! Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review and your partnership over the past few years! It has been our pleasure working with you it is great to see how our software has helped the Sawgrass Recreational Park team. I'll be sure to pass along your great feedback to the rest of the FareHarbor team and we look forward to continue growing this partnership, together!

Replied November 2020

Reviewed April 2020

Works for basic needs, but has gaps

Overall we are booking field trips, tours, and other events. There are multiple users and multiple locations that we are all trying to book within. In the event we are all paying very close attention to what is going on everywhere, we can manage with no problems, however, if we are very busy or someone is very stressed to get something on Fareharbor in a hurry, it is possible to double book something without Fareharbor having any warning.

PROS

Features that I like most include that a hold can be placed on dates and times by utilizing Private Headlines. New bookings for contacts are very convenient as well as rebooking and cancellations. Plenty of places for notes and the ability to run reports for those various reports. Love all the freedom to program what you want when creating an event, especially when it comes to what information you want to collect from the registrant.

CONS

The load times are extremely slow. In addition, the program will allow overlapping event reservations utilizing the same resources without telling the user. This can allow double booking of the same location, despite what resources are marked when setting up the event. This is a major problem. There is also the inability to delete several bookings for the contact during the same Order. This is annoying and time consuming when the order has 10+ bookings.

Reason for choosing FareHarbor

I was not included in the decision.

Reasons for switching to FareHarbor

Previous software did not allow us to sale tickets on-line and Fareharbor did.

Hello - thank you for taking the time to write this honest review of your experience with FareHarbor. It is great to know you've been able to take advantage of our features and customization. Regarding your resources and overlapping event reservations, please reach out to our 24/7 Support team! We can review your current set up and provide any recommendations for optimizing your existing resources.

Replied April 2020

Sally

Hospitality, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2020

The best solution for booking on the planet

PROS

1. Extremely easy to use- Each feature was intuitively built in a way that any user can quickly understand the key functions of the software. 2. Customer service is outstanding- Fare Harbor stands alone in the industry in the support and education of it’s clients. From a live training session with a real human being, to a huge online library of video and copy resources to 24 hour service help, there’s simply no one out there that cares for the success of it’s tour operators than Fare Harbor. 3. The software works seamlessly in every aspect both on the back end and client facing interfaces.

CONS

This software is perfect. I would not change a thing.

Reason for choosing FareHarbor

Because of the human element found in the customer service experience. I am a website developer so I know what it means to build something great for a client. More importantly, I know the value of delivering an exceptional service experience to my fellow human beings who are just trying to earn a living using the digital tools I create. Fare Harbor understands this and goes out of their way to make sure that their clients know exactly how to use their products. They know that when I do well, they will too ;)

Reasons for switching to FareHarbor

Because WeTravel sucks! They lack the features of the Fare Harbor booking process, offer zero customer support and worst of all they do not pay tour operators for the tours they’ve booked.

Hi Sally - Thank you for taking the time to write this review and your positive feedback on our Customer Service teams! FareHarbor was built for tour operators like you and we are dedicated to setting you up for success! We look forward to growing this partnership, if you have any questions or need assistance we are available 24/7!

Replied August 2020

Jenny

Hospitality, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Cannot fault the support from FareHarbor staff

Absolutely fantastic.

PROS

FareHarbor enables so many different options and if we find it difficult to navigate anything, the support is quick, efficient and practical. Our site was easily adapted to deal with so many changes through the Covid pandemic and the staff couldn't have been more helpful.

CONS

Sometimes it's complex to work out how to change things but the support is so good we just ask for help - and they sort it!

Reason for choosing FareHarbor

As above. Offered more flexibility and an Australian support team.

Reasons for switching to FareHarbor

FareHarbor offered more optional extras and better / quicker support. It also had an Australian contact which was vital for us.

Jenny - thank you for sharing this review, we love working with you and the Kiah Wilderness Tours team. We are glad we were able to help you and the team navigate some of the obstacles throughout the COVID pandemic and we are always available to help!

Replied February 2021

Sara

Reviewed October 2019

Amazing booking platform

FareHarbor makes it incredibly easy for us to make and take bookings online and in our shop. They are very eager to help and make it clear that they want our business to succeed.

PROS

Great customer service, very helpful staff that respond in a timely manner, very easy to use and customise, great for us because we are a small company just getting started, great perks such as developing us a new, more user-friendly website.

CONS

There isn't really anything I don't like about FH, I would say I'm a bit confused about how the money transfers work but that's my own fault because I'm sure if I asked someone would explain it to me right away.

Reason for choosing FareHarbor

Ease of use, helpfulness of FH staff, ease of integration into our website, timely responses to queries

Reasons for switching to FareHarbor

Checkfront was a bit impersonal, very hard to customise, and charged a monthly fee which didn't work for us as most of our business is just in the summer months. With FH, we can keep our business online over the winter months and take a few bookings here and there if the weather permits, but we don't need to worry about being charged monthly fees to do so.

Hi Sara - thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback! The FareHarbor team would love to take some time to walk you through how you can easily set up transfers at your convenience! Don't hesitate to reach out, and thanks again!

Replied November 2019

Helen

Arts and Crafts, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2019

Event based booking software based on a fee charging model

Online booking and payments are taken care of through Fareharbor. My payments are received through Stripe which initially took nearly a week to be received by my bank, that appears to have changed recently with payments appearing a working day or two after booking. The account managers are very keen to help and I can imagine that it is an excellent solution for the many businesses who run tours and experiences. It's just not perfect for mine which seems to need corporate levels of functionality and flexibility at a budget price.

PROS

As soon as you are signed up you will be assigned a participative account manager to help you through set up with ideas on how to make your site and sales better. They and the support team are responsive to requests and changes. The user interface choice is quite good but like most online options it relies on great images for best effect. You can manage your own events and many of the standard options are accessible to you the user if you need or want them to be. All the support and set up is free of charge.

CONS

My business is small and flexible. I tend to prefer to set up my own bookings and classes myself which means that I keep coming up against something else I need to ask them to do for me. Despite being a very small business my needs are complex, I want to be able to set up a course that runs on multiple days but that are not necessarily consecutive and for those to be in my calendar when I check. Although the system caters for consecutive days, it requires a really grubby work around for anything else.

Reason for choosing FareHarbor

No monthly or annual fees to me, most of the transition would be handled by their people. It seemed good enough on that basis.

Reasons for switching to FareHarbor

Booking Bug was not sufficiently flexible and very little development was taking place on the standard product. It was becoming less and less valuable to me and more and more of a headache.

Hi Helen - thank you so much for taking the time to leave FareHarbor some great feedback. We appreciate your partnership and always strive to make FareHarbor a platform that works for everyone no matter the size of your business. We are always looking for ways to improve, so your feedback will definitely be passed along to the team. Thank you again, and never hesitate to reach out!

Replied November 2019