• Pros

• "It provides an easy way to add guests for your permanent list as well as temporarily for certain dates. Also nice to receive notifications when guests arrive at the gate."

• "It's nice to know who is visiting our site, when the arrive. I believe it helps with theft and risk. It's also a permanent record of days we were on-site."

• "You can make real-time updates for the guards also using the system, and their doesn’t appear to be latency."

• Cons

• "Guests listed on my permanant list would occassionally disappear. Customer Service was unable to help."

• "Possible video feed to be added to better see entry "

• "Looses people. Guards claim people aren’t listed "

Browse Gate Sentry Reviews

Jennifer from San Jacinto Storage

The ultimately secure way to ensure you know who's on your property, and that they belong there.

So far with all of the gate software products that I have used, I have found this product to be the most efficient, most user friendly model I have used to date. I will continue to use the software for my property.

Pros

This software is so easy to manage. With this program you are able to manage who comes on and off your property immediately so you get less calls from security. You can even customize your list for temporary guests and permanent guests and it updates immediately so your and your security team will be on the same page. You can even add and delete users at any time directly from your cell phone which is GREAT if you have a vendor that needs access but you're not available at the property. You can also view the history at any time. Another great feature is that when a guest shows up that you've been waiting for, you will be notified right away. This program really helps you to stay up to date with visitors, vendors, and also your permanent guests.

Cons

This is a really great program so there's very little that I dislike about the software. I would like it if they were able to come up with a few more levels of security for certain users to be able to perform certain fuctions vs. having just a couple levels of administration. IF they could incorporate a user level and you could click exactly which functions you would like those specific users to preform, it would be very helpful. Please note that if this software already has this function, I am having a hard time finding it.

Dan from The Woods Community

Very useful too, but could be much more so, and easier to use.

Speed up gate access and achieve 100% authorization / identification of visitors

Pros

Streamlines guest and vendor access at the gate as it should. It speeds the entry process and lets the gate focus on processing instead of calling. The ability to keep a list of visitors and vendors is very useful. Great to get a ding and an email when someone arrives. Nice to have history. Much better than the manual phone process. Much!

Cons

Several warts and functional shortcomings. User Interface: -I am an android user -Must 'multitask' out of app vs a simple button or swipe exit as most accept -Primitive look and feel -On entering app you see profile info when instead it should likely be action or action selection oriented -Many vendors are used by many neighbors. It would be nice for the app to offer a user to add a known name to his list. Integration -Would like to be able to directly integrate with HOA Neighborhood apps like Nabr and Accounting -Better (or queryable) reporting on usage etc Rare but occaisional processing failures -Sometimes names go missing or comeback, occaisional gate issues -trouble is we never know where the problem really is but the reputation of the tool suffers when it happens.

Reasons for Choosing Gate Sentry

Function for our HOA

ROnaldo from Vizient Inc

Gate Sentry Review

Pros

Alert us when visitors arrive giving us sense of security.

Cons

Sometimes our permanent list disappear, and the security guard has turn away people that was on my permanent list.

Sandra from Sambito Financial LLC

Easy Access

Pros

no need to have to wait for someone to answer my call or get the spelling of a name wrong, I simply add the guests name myself and the length of their stay and voila! it is done. More time is saved, And the added feature that I am notified when a guest arrives is a bonus.

Cons

forgot password and it took us a few days to figure out how to reset it, but once we were sent an email it was easy.

Hemant from Education Management

Well thought out

Overall a nice product that allows us to easily add and remove guests visiting our house in a gated community.

Pros

I am part of an HOA that uses Gate Sentry to manage visitors into our gated community. I like the fact that I can have separate areas for my guest (temporary or permanent) and vendors that visit my house. I do like getting notifications on my phone when guests have been cleared by the Security guards to enter our community.

Cons

There have been 2 occasions when all of my guest and vendors disappear. I am not sure if it is a issue with Gate Sentry or my HOA/Security company deleting everything. There doesn't seem to be a way to backup your guest lists to recall them in this event.

Aaron from Aerotek

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

User -The Woods Community Jacksonville FL

Easy way to communicate with our security folks when we have visitors.

Pros

Easy to use and effective. Like getting notifications on who is arriving before they get to house.

Cons

At times we don't get notified when visitors come through the gate. We discovered that they enter the visitor under the wrong family because their name sounded like ours. For instance Johnstone will be entered under Johnson. Or Mashadow would be entered under Mercado......

Vince from Hueman Executive Search

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Effective and Easy to Use

Pros

It is easy to use and simple to update and makes the entire process more efficient. The phone app is a great addition too.

Cons

Nothing. It took a few minutes to learn how to add people to the list within the software, but nothing major.

Jordan from Mayo clinic

Gate sentry review

A lot easier than having to call a person I can just use the app, much quicker

Pros

It’s extremely easy to use, I don’t have to call the gate anymore I can do it myself

Cons

There isn’t anything that I dislike about this software

Bill from Workforce Insight

Gate Sentry is useful for my needs

Good

Pros

Adding users and notifications with the app

Cons

Wife’s email was dropped from the system and she had to reconfigure settings

Reasons for Choosing Gate Sentry

Lead tech in our neighborhood influenced some of the decisions

Mary Kay from Baptist medical center

Gate sentry review

Ability to regulate when vendors have access to my property

Pros

I easy access to guest and vendor list to make changes and limit time they are active.

Cons

Nothing. Love the product. Easy to use and adjust Lists.

Rushi from Banking

Ok if used right

This would be a good service if security gate personnel used it correctly. Often I would add a guest but security didn't bother to see if they were on the list and would call me anyway to ask if the guest should be let in, basically rendering the app useless. If used correctly, the service is useful.

Keri from The woods community

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Great when it works correctly

It’s great when it is working correctly. It is frustrating when our guests disappear from our access list without any notice.

Pros

Easy to add guests and vendors to our access list.

Cons

Sometimes our guests disappear off of our access list without warning and then they are not allowed access to our residence.

Robert from Robert Hopson Construction Group

Construction Owner for a new Build

Pros

Cons

no issues. I did not have any cons.

Benny from Farzad Family Nutrition

Gate Sentry Review

Pros

Easy to use, you can add temporary or permanent guests.

Cons

Nothing. It works easily. Maybe you could add a photo ID next to the name for the gate people

Susan from SS&C Advent

Great system

Pros

Easy to setup and use. Can now receive guests efficiently

Cons

The UI on the website isn't the most user friendly. The app experience has been better

David from Citi

Great Software for a Neighborhood

It’s a great app!

Pros

I like the ability to allow guests access and enter my vendors in one application. It is easy to use the software.

Cons

Actually the software does what I need it to do. If I could have more information on who to contact in my neighborhood association, that would be a good enhancement.

Jeferson from Oracle Corp

Automatic Notification

Pros

Being notified if someone enters my condominium

Cons

Slow response time, between entrance and notification

Mitchell from Consumer Services

Product

Pros

Overall great product, ease gate entry process

Cons

Possible video feed to be added to better see entry

LaKeisha from Raytheon

Industry: Defense & Space

Pros

I love the fact that I can easily go in and add temporary guests to our list. And when adding them, I can set up an expiration date so to speak so that I don’t have to go back in and remove them.

Cons

Other than the user log in name being case sensitive, that’s my only complaint.

Brandon from Allstate

Overall I have saved an enormous amount of time not having to constantly call our guard gate to let them know who is coming in.

Pros

This Software is relatively easy to use. I have had issues in the past where I will change a setting or add someone and it will revert back to original. I’ve also experienced instances where guards are unable to find people on my list. Overall it’s much better than our prior system.

Cons

The design and appearance is very ugly.

Jeremy from JPM

Gate Sentry Review

No issues with the features available

Pros

Cons

It would be nice if it were linked to the call box to speak with a guest or see a guest, then authorize their entry with a button on the app.

Nancy from The Woods Community

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Use of Gate Sentry

Love its ease of use. Saves a lot of time

Pros

I am able to access my account easily and make additions/changes as needed. I am a resident in a community that uses this software for access of visitors and vendors. I am not involved in a business that uses this software.

Cons

Editing existing guests/visitors isn't as easy as it should be. Sometimes it is just easier to delete and start over than to try to edit (i.e. a name, etc.)

Kathleen from WATSON REALTY CORP

The Woods Community Gate Guard System

Pros

It is easy to add guests, both temporary & permanent as well as vendors coming to the house to do repairs or services

Cons

Can't think a thing that I would change with the site

Garrett from DFW Consulting Group, Inc.

Great App, a little clunky

Overall my experience with Gate Sentry has been a positive one. I would recommend the app to any community looking to improve their entry process.

Pros

The app is intuitive and reliable. It consistently notified me of a visitors entry to the neighborhood and adding visitors and vendors was easy.

Cons

The interface, while easy to use, is admittedly clunky and appears it could use a UI update.

robert from gsk

Excellent

Pros

ease of use, lets tou know who has gained entry. You can place ans removw visitors on the list easily

Cons

nothing. everything is good. i would like to see a reporting feature at user level

John from The Church of Eleven22

Gate Sentry works!

Gate Sentry does what it says it will do. It is dependable, trustworthy, and accurate. The editing options are a little tricky to work but this does not get in the way of it's functionality.

Pros

The app is quick to load and easy to navigate. It does what it says is going to do and moving through the features is pretty easy to understand and execute.

Cons

It is hard to go back and fix mistakes you make or edit your different additions. So editing the content you add is hard to do, but this has never gotten in the way of functionality.

Adam from Medical City Weatherford

Great well worth it

Pros

It alerted me when people came, I could people to the list. Easy and no issue

Cons

Nothing it all worked. Maybe update the look

Sara from Apparel & Fashion

Gate Sentry

Overall my experience has been positive.

Pros

The app is easy to use. You get notifications of guests arriving.

Cons

Guests fall off the list without notice.

Sharmilla from The woods dr s

Awesome

Pros

Easy to use saves time calling the gate

Cons

We had no problems with this software easy to use

Gary from Truist

Gate sentry works

Access management for our neighborhood

Pros

Ease of use and real-time notifications.

Cons

Nothing really to complain about with the app

Gary from The Woods Community

Gate Sentry @ The Woods Community

Overall the product is good, glad the community has it.

Pros

No Need to call the gate guards to notify them of an expected guest. It notifies us by e-mail when the guest arrive.

Cons

Occasionally the guards at the gate have to call because the guest name does not come up.

Kim from AGX Freight

Love The App!

Pros

Before The Woods starting using Gate Sentry, the guest verification process was painful. The app has made it so much more convenient to manage both permanent and temporary guests.

Cons

I don't think there's anything I dislike.

Denise from Consumer Services

Great program

It is overall a good product. Glad we use it.

Pros

When someone comes through the gate we are notified by email. No need for a phone call from the gate. A

Cons

Sometimes guests we have entered in the program disappear

troy from Mayo Clinic

Excellent

Pros

Easy to use. Also very streamlined. Only takes a few seconds to add vendors or guests

Cons

None that I can think of. I only use it to let guests in and it’s made the process much easier and convenient

Tyler from Hms

Great

Pros

Ease of use. I like being able to add on the fly and see who was come in.

Cons

Adding vendors is sometimes a hassle. Takes several clicks to get through the app. Should be simplified.

Melody from WFI

Gate Sentry

Pros

Ease of adding permanent / temporary guests and vendors. Notifications when guest arrive

Cons

Cumbersome to reset password When app is updated, log in has to be reentered

Readus from Worldcare insurance

Great software

Pros

Ease of use. Very simple and nothing that is hard to figure out. Works every time.

Cons

Nothing. It is a great software and does exactly what it needs to do.

Donna from The Woods Community

Gated Community

Pros

Do not have to call guards for reoccurring guest entrance

Cons

It malfunctioned for awhile and removed names that had been on the list from the very beginning

Taneen from The Woods

Pros

Easy to use, make updates to account at anytime, notifications are useful

Cons

From time to time getting logged out can be problematic.

Angie from Beaches Chapel School

Great Community App

Pros

Gate Sentry is easy to use and updates quickly.

Cons

Every once in a while it kicks me out and I have to log bag in on my phone.

Kathleen from Allstate

Great to keep track of who is coming and going

Pros

Love the email and pop up notifications.

Cons

It was inconsistent for a while but seems to have gotten better

Michael from Carr company

Industry: Wholesale

Easy

Pros

Easy to navigate and achieve what you want

Cons

There is not a thing that I dislike about this

Heather from CoreLogic

Gate Sentry Review

Gate Sentry fits our needs but the user experience feels clunky and slightly outdated. I do not understand why Vendors are massed through the neighborhood but that may be a future improve. Overall I think Gate Sentry should look into how modern applications create ease of use and custom elements for the end user.

Pros

Easy to understand and learn. The native app is pretty stable so no issues with it logging me out from time to time. I like that it allows me to add visitors and contractors as both temporary and permanent so there is not a whole lot of need for re-entry.

Cons

When I add a new vendor, I have to scroll to the very bottom of the existing neighborhood list which is very inconvenient. Our address is registered in Gate Sentry but for some reason our neighborhoods’ gate guards cannot locate it all the time so they call us. The process for activating Gate Sentry as new residents was also confusing mostly because the person we initially contacted at the HOA management did not know what Gate Sentry was - it took us escalating to the community manager to resolve the issue.

Leah from City Year Jacksonville

Gate Sentry Security For Neighborhood

Pros

Gate Sentry software is really user-friendly in terms of adding vendors, friends, etc. to gain access to our community.

Cons

(Sometimes the people at the Gate still have trouble even though I have entered users into the app-based system.)

Kisa from STAFFING HEADQUARTERS

Gate Sentry User

no problems

Pros

Gate Sentry was very easy to use. My favorite feature was notification that my guest has arrived. It gave me a few minutes to put up my dogs before greeting my guest.

Cons

I dislike that our POA discontinued the product

Joey from Averitt

Ease of use

Pros

Easy to use, accurate and quick. Functions for the end users are simple and easy to update

Cons

The app for end users could improve slightly on the search side for vendors and differentiating the vendor and guest lists.

Michael from Act4IsraelNow

Good Software

I like the software

Pros

quick and easy set up for guests - GREAT notification of arrivals (strongest attribute)

Cons

Sometimes the Guards do not receive the info, need easier way of adding a temporary guest

Virginia from Self-Employed

Industry: Building Materials

It’s ok

It’s ok. Program a bit awkward to use and sometimes names disappear. Common complaint from my neighbors about disappearing names.

Pros

Easy to put someone on for gate to let in

Cons

Looses people. Guards claim people aren’t listed

Stacey from Beach Church

Great Product!

Pros

I like being able to track who’s coming in as well as how easy it is to add someone to our gate list

Cons

There have been times the guards couldn’t pull up individuals on my permanent list

Alan from James Island

Industry: Security and Investigations

Absolute piece of garbage

notifications are ok, when they arrive. Contacting the gate is another major problem.

Pros

absolutely nothing, more effort than it is worth

Cons

Litle if any customer service, no one seems to know the system and why issues exist.

Response from Gate Sentry

Replied June 2019

Mr. Adelson, Thank you for taking the time to provide a review for Gate Sentry. We are happy that we were able to clarify the difference between our software and the guard service at your community. Since our support staff was able to resolve your questions in February and you have had more time to use our software, would you consider providing an update on just the software and not the other issues at your community entrance? We appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to help you. Gate Sentry