• icon"Quick and easy set up for guests - GREAT notification of arrivals (strongest attribute)."
  • icon"The app is intuitive and reliable. It consistently notified me of a visitors entry to the neighborhood and adding visitors and vendors was easy."
  • icon"My favorite feature was notification that my guest has arrived. It gave me a few minutes to put up my dogs before greeting my guest."
  • icon"Sometimes names go missing or comeback, occaisional gate issues -trouble is we never know where the problem really is but the reputation of the tool suffers when it happens."
  • icon"When I add a new vendor, I have to scroll to the very bottom of the existing neighborhood list which is very inconvenient."
  • icon"Other than the user log in name being case sensitive, that’s my only complaint."

Browse all Gate Sentry Reviews

• Have you used Gate Sentry and would like to share your experience with others?

The ultimately secure way to ensure you know who's on your property, and that they belong there.

So far with all of the gate software products that I have used, I have found this product to be the most efficient, most user friendly model I have used to date. I will continue to use the software for my property.

Pros

This software is so easy to manage. With this program you are able to manage who comes on and off your property immediately so you get less calls from security. You can even customize your list for temporary guests and permanent guests and it updates immediately so your and your security team will be on the same page. You can even add and delete users at any time directly from your cell phone which is GREAT if you have a vendor that needs access but you're not available at the property. You can also view the history at any time. Another great feature is that when a guest shows up that you've been waiting for, you will be notified right away. This program really helps you to stay up to date with visitors, vendors, and also your permanent guests.

Cons

This is a really great program so there's very little that I dislike about the software. I would like it if they were able to come up with a few more levels of security for certain users to be able to perform certain fuctions vs. having just a couple levels of administration. IF they could incorporate a user level and you could click exactly which functions you would like those specific users to preform, it would be very helpful. Please note that if this software already has this function, I am having a hard time finding it.

Dan

Very useful too, but could be much more so, and easier to use.

Speed up gate access and achieve 100% authorization / identification of visitors

Pros

Streamlines guest and vendor access at the gate as it should. It speeds the entry process and lets the gate focus on processing instead of calling. The ability to keep a list of visitors and vendors is very useful. Great to get a ding and an email when someone arrives. Nice to have history. Much better than the manual phone process. Much!

Cons

Several warts and functional shortcomings. User Interface: -I am an android user -Must 'multitask' out of app vs a simple button or swipe exit as most accept -Primitive look and feel -On entering app you see profile info when instead it should likely be action or action selection oriented -Many vendors are used by many neighbors. It would be nice for the app to offer a user to add a known name to his list. Integration -Would like to be able to directly integrate with HOA Neighborhood apps like Nabr and Accounting -Better (or queryable) reporting on usage etc Rare but occaisional processing failures -Sometimes names go missing or comeback, occaisional gate issues -trouble is we never know where the problem really is but the reputation of the tool suffers when it happens.

Reasons for choosing Gate Sentry

Function for our HOA

ROnaldo

Gate Sentry Review

Pros

Alert us when visitors arrive giving us sense of security.

Cons

Sometimes our permanent list disappear, and the security guard has turn away people that was on my permanent list.

Hemant

Well thought out

Overall a nice product that allows us to easily add and remove guests visiting our house in a gated community.

Pros

I am part of an HOA that uses Gate Sentry to manage visitors into our gated community. I like the fact that I can have separate areas for my guest (temporary or permanent) and vendors that visit my house. I do like getting notifications on my phone when guests have been cleared by the Security guards to enter our community.

Cons

There have been 2 occasions when all of my guest and vendors disappear. I am not sure if it is a issue with Gate Sentry or my HOA/Security company deleting everything. There doesn't seem to be a way to backup your guest lists to recall them in this event.

Rushi

Ok if used right

This would be a good service if security gate personnel used it correctly. Often I would add a guest but security didn't bother to see if they were on the list and would call me anyway to ask if the guest should be let in, basically rendering the app useless. If used correctly, the service is useful.

Pros

It provides an easy way to add guests for your permanent list as well as temporarily for certain dates. Also nice to receive notifications when guests arrive at the gate.

Cons

Guests listed on my permanant list would occassionally disappear. Customer Service was unable to help.

Aaron

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

User -The Woods Community Jacksonville FL

Easy way to communicate with our security folks when we have visitors.

Pros

Easy to use and effective. Like getting notifications on who is arriving before they get to house.

Cons

At times we don't get notified when visitors come through the gate. We discovered that they enter the visitor under the wrong family because their name sounded like ours. For instance Johnstone will be entered under Johnson. Or Mashadow would be entered under Mercado......

Robert

Construction Owner for a new Build

Pros

It's nice to know who is visiting our site, when the arrive. I believe it helps with theft and risk. It's also a permanent record of days we were on-site.

Cons

no issues. I did not have any cons.

Benny

Gate Sentry Review

Pros

Easy to use, you can add temporary or permanent guests.

Cons

Nothing. It works easily. Maybe you could add a photo ID next to the name for the gate people

Susan

Great system

Pros

Easy to setup and use. Can now receive guests efficiently

Cons

The UI on the website isn't the most user friendly. The app experience has been better

Vince

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Effective and Easy to Use

Pros

It is easy to use and simple to update and makes the entire process more efficient. The phone app is a great addition too.

Cons

Nothing. It took a few minutes to learn how to add people to the list within the software, but nothing major.

Keri

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Great when it works correctly

It’s great when it is working correctly. It is frustrating when our guests disappear from our access list without any notice.

Pros

Easy to add guests and vendors to our access list.

Cons

Sometimes our guests disappear off of our access list without warning and then they are not allowed access to our residence.

Great Software for a Neighborhood

It’s a great app!

Pros

I like the ability to allow guests access and enter my vendors in one application. It is easy to use the software.

Cons

Actually the software does what I need it to do. If I could have more information on who to contact in my neighborhood association, that would be a good enhancement.

Jeferson

Automatic Notification

Pros

Being notified if someone enters my condominium

Cons

Slow response time, between entrance and notification

Brandon

Overall I have saved an enormous amount of time not having to constantly call our guard gate to let them know who is coming in.

Pros

This Software is relatively easy to use. I have had issues in the past where I will change a setting or add someone and it will revert back to original. I’ve also experienced instances where guards are unable to find people on my list. Overall it’s much better than our prior system.

Cons

The design and appearance is very ugly.

Jeremy

Gate Sentry Review

No issues with the features available

Pros

You can make real-time updates for the guards also using the system, and their doesn’t appear to be latency.

Cons

It would be nice if it were linked to the call box to speak with a guest or see a guest, then authorize their entry with a button on the app.

Mitchell

Product

Pros

Overall great product, ease gate entry process

Cons

Possible video feed to be added to better see entry

LaKeisha

Industry: Defense & Space

Pros

I love the fact that I can easily go in and add temporary guests to our list. And when adding them, I can set up an expiration date so to speak so that I don’t have to go back in and remove them.

Cons

Other than the user log in name being case sensitive, that’s my only complaint.

Nancy

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Use of Gate Sentry

Love its ease of use. Saves a lot of time

Pros

I am able to access my account easily and make additions/changes as needed. I am a resident in a community that uses this software for access of visitors and vendors. I am not involved in a business that uses this software.

Cons

Editing existing guests/visitors isn't as easy as it should be. Sometimes it is just easier to delete and start over than to try to edit (i.e. a name, etc.)

Sandra

Easy Access

Pros

no need to have to wait for someone to answer my call or get the spelling of a name wrong, I simply add the guests name myself and the length of their stay and voila! it is done. More time is saved, And the added feature that I am notified when a guest arrives is a bonus.

Cons

forgot password and it took us a few days to figure out how to reset it, but once we were sent an email it was easy.

Garrett

Great App, a little clunky

Overall my experience with Gate Sentry has been a positive one. I would recommend the app to any community looking to improve their entry process.

Pros

Cons

The interface, while easy to use, is admittedly clunky and appears it could use a UI update.

robert