Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"The amount of customization you have is amazing, very simple to set-up, you'll be ready to go in a few minutes."
  • icon"Easy to set up and plenty of support along the way. It is also very cost effective as some other systems we shortlisted were overly complicated for our needs."
  • icon"There's plenty of space for buttons, there's a good amount of customization available, and it also is able to be integrated with Operate, if necessary."
  • icon"Our actual receptionists now have no excuses as to why what happened to those who enter our building as it is all logged."
  • icon"There is no one there to tell my guest if i'm delayed or in a meeting."
  • icon"Other similar software allowed for custom pictures or icons for the button, which is sorely missed."

Have you used Greetly and would like to share your experience with others?

All Greetly Reviews

Jim

Easy to use, but very customizable

Greetly was easy to install and configure. I was please to see how many APIs it connects to, and that's one of the ways we have extended it: Zapier, IFTTT can add on all kinds of functions. The esignature for NDAs was one thing I hadn't thought of, but liked.

Pros

Greetly has been really easy to use, but also allows us to customize every aspect how we want. Using Greetly as a visitor management system has given us a secure, private and cloud based check-in app and esignature solution. I like the licensing terms and pricing much better than the alternatives that I looked at, too.

Cons

I didn't like the old interface as much, but they improved it nicely: They must have brought in some UI experts or something.

Reasons for choosing Greetly

Pricing and customization

Response from Greetly

I know you are busy Jim and we appreciate your review of Greetly's digital reception solution.

Replied May 2020

Samantha

Industry: Law Enforcement

Quick and easy way to increase efficiency at a busy reception station

We were seeking a way to triage our increasing foot traffic and reduce check in waiting times for people with scheduled appointments waiting behind people getting assistance completing complex forms. Receptionists had been doing their best to pause in the middle of explanations and to check in waiting people and contact the person they were meeting with then going back to the person they were working with. This created tension and frustration for people being helped, and the lack of focus resulted in errors in paperwork, hosts not being contacted and several other vexing issues. As a busy government office we are always looking for ways to increase our efficiency and customer service - but adding additional staff was a non-starter and our first look into kiosk and check in systems was daunting, expensive and too much for us to handle. We knew it had to be easier and started looking into apps. After two failed pilots we finally found Greetly - a less expensive and more functional version of our previous app ventures. After some tooling around by a not totally tech savvy person and a small investment in several refurbished ipads and security enclosures we have kiosks up and running in both of our lobbies. After just a week of use our clients and staff have all raved about the new functionality . On a daily basis two thirds of the former foot traffic is being handled by the Kiosk, allowing our staff to focus on and provide the best service possible to our clients.

Pros

- Quick to set up and install - Easy End User interface - Flexible and easy to make changes - Staff access to maintain contact information and status - Low cost entry for large payoff

Cons

Overall very functional and good level of flexibility to make it fit our unique needs but the following improvements to central administration and roles would be really helpful: - Would like ability to create buttons and waiver forms that I can push to multiple lobby locations, currently you must set up each location from scratch - Ability to view visitor logs for account and filter by location as desired, currently must go to a different page to see each locations log - Role for staff that allows them to view and manage user log without access to other set-up options - Ability for staff to put an auto text response to notifications that would be sent to the phone number entered by the client

Response from Greetly

Thank you Samantha. We know how important your work is serving the people of Marin County in Northern California and we are glad we facilitate you and your team's ability to get more done. Thank you for the positive review and we have taken your feedback to heart (and the product team).

Replied December 2018

Matthew

Overall it is a great app

Great product, keep working like this.

Pros

This app has alleviated a lot of stress that we had in our reception, effortless you can have a smart assistance. I am happy with this product over all, the functionality is awesome.

Response from Greetly

Greetings Matthew, Thank you for your review of Greetly's visitor registration app. We are glad we are meeting your expectations yet strive to do even better as we continue to add features to make the process easier and faster. Thanks again Matthew.

Replied February 2018

Akshay

Greetly is really useful to make the communication easier and has great customer support.

Pros

I really like the functionality of this app as everything is customizable. My clients are happy because they can manage better their time.

Cons

I am happy with this product over all. We use this software on regular basis and its very helpful to manage everything and save our time.

Response from Greetly

Akshay, thanks for taking the time to review Greetly. We strive for modern office reception and are excited we are meeting your firm's needs. Thank you again.

Replied June 2018

Jennifer Jackson

Greetly made our lives easier

Pros

very simple tool to use yet technically powerfully even easier for visitors to use. My employees and guests all rave about it

Cons

I don't have any bad founds or suggestions for this app, I'd like to be able to suggest feauture request in the future.

Response from Greetly

Thank you Jennifer for using Greetly and for taking the time to share this glowing review.

Replied February 2018

Judy

Industry: Graphic Design

The best visitor management system

We tried several digital visitor management systems before finally coming across Greetly here on Capterra. As soon as we launched the trial we realized this was the right product for us. Greetly allowed us to customize the app so it looked like we had designed it for ourselves.

Pros

Lots of customization options. Fast. Maintains our visitor list online.

Cons

Ummmm, can't think of any.

Response from Greetly

Thank you Judy for selecting Greetly for digital visitor management and for the positive review.

Replied December 2016

Peter

I could improve my relations with my clients

Pros

As a doctor my time is critical, thanks to greetly I have control over my time. My patiens never been happier. I don't miss any appointments and my clients can schedule their sessions whenever they want.

Response from Greetly

Greetings Peter, We are glad you took the time to tell people about your success with Greetly's digital reception app. We look forward to continuing to serve you and your patients.

Replied March 2018

Katie

Industry: Executive Office

Greetly has Made my Days Easier!!

I take comfort in knowing that if I step away from my desk, visitors have a resource to use until I return.

Pros

I love that I can change the functionality of Greetly on my own. I change it frequently depending on what is going on in my office. It also looks very professional and is easy to use. I also manage 3 locations and I have the ability to remotely update each location with the click of a save button.

Cons

No complaints here - Greetly have been great about tailoring the software to meet my needs.

Response from Greetly

It is such a plesaure working with you Katie and serving Office Evolution. Given how much you have contributed to our business, a review was not necessary, but we are so thankful you took the took to share your opinion with the world. Thanks again for everything.

Replied January 2019

Hugo

Great product for a small business

Not disappointed at all by the product and it has helped us to move away from two part time receptionists which was no longer viable for our small business. It was psychologically difficult for the rest of the team to lose receptionists but the greetly product helped provide the system based safety net we needed to make this move.

Pros

Cons

Perhaps could do with increased functionality as long as it doesn't compromise simplicity and a more modern interface, such as the look and feel of Xero for example.

Response from Greetly

Hugo, thank you for selecting Greetly and for leaving us this stellar review. We are proud to help Airpets operate more efficiently through easy-to-use and fast visitor registration software. Thanks again.

Replied November 2019

HUGE Timesaver; We should have used this years ago!

We're saving money by streamlining visitors to our brick-and-mortar without needing to pay a person to do what this app so easily does on its own. Greetly is worth EVERY penny.

Pros

Our favorite things about Greetly is that, quite simply, it saves us money. Furthermore, it produces less-friction for our clients/visitors and gives them a professional, easy reception. We absolutely love Greetly!

Cons

We always have some people who don't know how to use it (or, perhaps more likely, don't want to use it). There are some people who come in that seem to absolutely NEED human-contact. In that regard, Greetly doesn't completely replace the role that a traditional receptionist fills.

Response from Greetly

Our mission is to save workers time so they can get more done and live more fulfilling lives. It is really rewarding to see we are achieving that goal for our clients. Thank you for carving out some time to share the value Greetly visitor management system has created for you and your organization.

Replied April 2019

Linda

Simple Check In Solution plus more

Over all it works great for both purposes, visitor management and tracking our snack bar charges.

Pros

Greetly is easy to program and use. We use it for both checking people into our shared workspace but also for tracking snack charges in our community kitchen.

Cons

It would be great if it could automatically recognize someone and automatically populate their information versus them having to put it in every time they come. We have visitors who come weekly and each time they have to manually put in their info. even though it has a 'return visitor" button, it doesn't save them any time, they still need to manually add their name, phone #, email and other fields that we stipulate.

Reasons for choosing Greetly

I assume price and function.

Response from Greetly

Thanks Linda for taking the time to leave a review. Please make sure to connect with your account manager or our success team to learn more about our repeat visitor feature which your review suggests will be helpful to you.

Replied September 2021

Ben

Very valuable product that takes the place of a full time receptionist at our office

Great experience. Very easy to set up and start using immediately. Very intuitive. We use it at the front of our office for visitors to check in and alert the employee they are looking for. It calls the employees desk and sends them a text to alert them of the visitor so they can come greet them and open the door.

Pros

It does exactly what we need it to do. Alerts the proper person when a visitor or delivery arrives. Costs considerably less than a full time receptionist.

Cons

I wish that the number that it calls / texts from to alert employees of a visitor would show up as Greetly or Virtual Receptionist on caller ID. It calls from a Colorado number that can easily be mistaken for spam and not answered. That has been the only complaint from employees at my office.

Response from Greetly

Thank you Ben for carving out the time to review Greetly. And for your kind words. Good news! The ability to customize the phone number that Greetly voice and sms/text notifications come from will be available very soon. We are thankful for the opportunity to continue to serve you and Beco Construction.

Replied September 2019

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Greetly made our lives easier

We have subscribed to Greetly for our four offices suites facilities since early 2016. It has been a great addition. Greetly provides a central service for the businesses in our buildings. Overall it has been an excellent experience. Thanks.

Pros

Overall, it is pretty dummy-proof...and that is saying a lot about our other offices where I am not based ;)

Cons

It is a little annoying that they are solely on iPad...Android soon?

Response from Greetly

John, thank you for the great advice to buyers! We agree, once work spaces try Greetly, they will immediately see the benefits - great aesthetics, productivity gains and low cost. We are excited to support your reception areas and look forward to continuing this productive relationship.

Replied December 2016

Joel

Industry: Food Production

Great tool for startups

Pros

I like the price and the easy-to-use interface.

Cons

I'm ready for some features that integrate Slack more fluidly.

Response from Greetly

Roland Foods has been a great Greetly customer. They make the most of our features and give us great input into what we should build next. Thank you for all of that and for leaving Greetly such a great review here on Capterra.

Replied February 2019