• Pros

• "The most thing I like about this product is the convenience of having people checking in and being able to keep track of all of the volunteer hours for the year."

• "I love that once I got all students into the system,which was very simple, they can come in and sign in or out with ease."

• "It's very user friendly when you scan the ID it doesn't take anytime to do the check on the person."

• Cons

• "Students are somewhat confused the first time using the system, but once they get used to it, they become very quick at using it."

• "Mass populations of people entering the building for events is a little time consuming. "

• "The CBC gets frozen quite often. This could be a drag."

Browse KeepnTrack Reviews

Tammy from Luckiamute Valley Charter Schools

I highly recommend KeepnTrack

The speed at which a background check can be done and the small cost has been a huge benefit for us. We have been using the system for 9 years now and I always recommend it.

Pros

It encompasses so much! We use it to track students for late arrival and early departures. Employees sign in and out which enables us, in an emergency, to print out a report that tells us who is in the building. An immediate sexual background is done on visitors when checked in. We have our Volunteers do the background check and we are able to track volunteer hours.

Cons

I really do not have any concerns. The technical part of the company has always been really helpful.

Libby from Minden High School

A Student Accountability MUST HAVE!!

We are effectively keeping track of all of our students and are able to provide real time attendance to our administration in case of emergency. It is easy to set up and use - if you have questions, support is only a "chat" away!!

Pros

This software makes is so easy to tell where all of our students are at a moments notice. Since it is web-based, we can check it out of the building during fire and evacuation drills. It also keeps track of student tardies and the student history is easy and convenient to access. The barcode function is a must have!!

Does as advertised

We're using this to keep our students/staff safe.

Pros

It definitely works as far as tracking who is coming and going from the building and checking the sex offender registry. It notifies us to any potential matches. We're also able to mark individuals as not being allowed in the building if a staff member or family reports someone shouldn't be around.

Cons

It's not an easy process to get a potential match marked as not a match. The reports are also not as intuitive to pull out as we'd like them to be.

Kelly from Sacred Heart School

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Keepn Track School Safety

My overall experience has been great. We started with KeepnTrack before they were sold and it was put as online software, so they have come along way.

Pros

We use it for student tardies, parent volunteers sign in for a badge for being on campus and I use it for parent volunteer hours.

Cons

Some of the changes over the years that I would use on the admin side were taken away and they made the software user friendly.

Reasons for Choosing KeepnTrack

We have always had KeepnTrack, as I stated we had it when it was an actual software download and not online website.

Linda from Alexandria City Public Schools

Software Tokens

Working with the refreshing of the CBC - Criminal Background Checks. It has gotten better.

Pros

It is not a difficult software. It is very easy generating reports, looking up and adding information into profiles. Running background checks is extremely easy (just a matter of reading the results). Merging feature is pretty cool, just need to be extremely careful. There is no going back once you have merged profiles.

Cons

The CBC gets frozen quite often. This could be a drag.

Amber from Luckiamute Charter School

Industry: Facilities Services

Easy tracking of volunteers

Any time I have called into the help center they are very thorough and they even listen to my suggestions when brain storming on my end of the call.

Pros

Cons

Sometimes it logs out and then people just stand there and stare at it. Even thought I have the log in steps right next to the kiosk. That would be my only gripe is that.

Amber from Luckiamute Valley Charter School

Student Check in

anytime I need assistance I have had GREAT customer support that is very willing and able to help me out step by step.

Pros

Cons

Sometimes a user will use the back button and it will log out, then I have to assist in re-logging in and it is sometimes a inconvenience.

Reasons for Choosing KeepnTrack

We chose KeepnTrack due to convenience and price of the product.

Emily from Groveland Elementary

KeepnTrack

Pros

The customer service reps are friendly and responsive. It runs an automatic background check on everyone that scans into the building which is a great security feature.

Cons

Everyone scans the magnetic strip on their license instead of the bar code, so we waste a LOT of time fixing it and explaining to people that they scanned the wrong thing. The directions that you can customize to appear on your monitor for visitors signing in have a very small font and no one even notices them. Our Dymo printer has never worked properly (stops working randomly several times a day and has to be unplugged and re-plugged in) and the customer service people have never been able to figure it out or offered to replace it. The badge printer has dual rolls but doesn't automatically switch to the other side when one side runs out; you have to go in to the software management and tell it to switch sides.

Rodney from Jones cove Elementary School

Great program for a school.

Pros

The ease and accuracy of checking all visitors into our building makes everyone feel safe!

TONY from Cumby ISD Police Department

Industry: Law Enforcement

KeepnTrack

GOOD

Pros

THE HOME PAGE WAS EASY TO USE AND SIMPLE TO UNDERSTAND WHEN IT CAME TO LOGGING IN VISITORS

Cons

NOT ALLOWING THE INFORMATION TO BE TRANSFERRED OVER TO LATER USE LIKE THE BIRTH DATE

Sally from Clint ISD

KeepNTrack

It's been very good for our School District it has helped us keep Sex Offenders out of our schools.

Pros

Cons

Sometimes it bring's up people as matches that is not the same date of birth or not even the exact name.

A limited piece of software that needs updating

Pros

I did help keep track of our employees hours

Cons

It was clunky and felt behind the times. Definitely in need of modernization.