The Receptionist for iPad Software Reviews

FrontRunners 2022

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"We use this tool to capture data of walk in clients at the centre. It's amazing because we can easily run reports."
  • icon"It eliminated the cost of an employee and their benefits. It's easy for our guests to use."
  • icon"I also love that we can integrate it with Slack which we use."
  • icon"When someone arrives, the text can sometimes look off on my phone, but may be phone error, not app error."
  • icon"The foreign language option is limited. Meaning you have to personally sellect and translate all the text (painful)."
  • icon"The adjustment to buttons from an esthetic perspective can sometimes be slightly difficult or limited but it's still sufficient."

Have you used The Receptionist for iPad and would like to share your experience with others?

All The Receptionist for iPad Reviews

Ashante

Industry: Warehousing

Best "remote" receptionist there is!

Its been fun and easy to use for both our clients and myself. We don't have a receptionist yet, because our office isn't set up that way. However, this is great to use because our clients can sort of help themselves until someone comes out to assist them.

Pros

I love that we can make this extremely customizable so that the clients feel like they're truly getting taken care of and not just another number. The check in process is super important because that's like a first impression, so I love how we can customize it to certain visitors.

Cons

Pricing is a bit off to me. I think we wish there was the ability to have a Basic package for employee contacts over 24. We have about 30 or so, but don't need everything that Premium offers. Premium is the next level up in order to include over 24 ppl.

Response from The Receptionist

Ashante, we're so grateful you took the time to leave us a review. We all want to make a great first impression, and it's wonderful to hear that we can help your team do so. Thank you so much for being a customer! -Kayla Hollenbaugh, Digital Campaigns Manager

Replied May 2020

Gabriela

Great platform for small or large business

One of the easiest platforms on the market, especially for a small business that is just getting familiar with implementing a visitor management system. The staff are very helpful and accommodated our needs as much as possible.

Pros

The setup layout is straightforward and easy to figure out and manage.

Cons

More customization for the button types. Wish we had the option to stop a visitor from registering upon check in and receive an instant notification if someone selected yes to a Covid-19 screening questions.

Reasons for choosing The Receptionist for iPad

Platform is easy to figure out (especially for those that are not tech savvy), the price point is unbeatable and the staff are very helpful and great with following up. They also have a great demo experience.

Katie

Industry: Judiciary

Overall, this as worked ok. The IDEA of it is amazing. It is just missing a few components to make it perfect. It has been very nice and opened up the line of communication and convenience with clients. In this line of work the ability to upload fillable documents and/or the ability to print out directly what they provide rather than having to convert information would be a huge help.

Pros

The convenience of it is exceptional for my clients. Especially those who have transportation conflicts. They can check in and report to me through the link which is very very nice for them and for me. I am in an office by myself so this has been very handy.

Cons

I am in the court system so we have to chrono and keep documents of everything. I wish there was a way to upload fillable documents my clients could fill out and than submit to me where I can print them out directly. Or give them an option to print directrly to my office. My computer does not convert over nicely and it is a hassle when I have so many clients checking in. I do not have the time to convert each report individually.

Thierry

LISA The Receptionist

We do not have a permament receptionist at the factory. This job was givin to the customer service team who doen't have the time nor the joy to do it all the time... especially in a pendemic situation. The Receptionist software allowed us to automate the visitors and employees management experience. We no longer use the traditional paper log visible to everyone who visit the factory. We also increassed the security and health of our visitors and employees by using the touchless login.

Pros

We named our software LISA (Log In System Autonomous). What I like about this software is the simplicity to configure it to my specific needs despite it's limitations when it comes to foreign languages and multiple work shifts. Our factory is in the Fench province of Quebec CANADA. Once you figure out what it can and cannot do, you work around it and it does the job.

Cons

The foreign language option is limited.. meaning you have to personally sellect and translate all the text (painful). The other thing missing is the ablility for the visitor to phone call the person you want to meet with via The Receptionist... you need to use a third party application and if you aren't familiar with it yet... you will need the help of their customer support. That been said, when it works it is great and LISA The Receptionist comes to life.

Reasons for choosing The Receptionist for iPad

I choose The Recptionist because it was simple to use and to configure during the trial period. What really signed me on was their customer service... they called it "Radical Customer Service" and let me tell you it is. If you need help... no matter what someone will get in touch with you before you hang-up. They are that good and it makes a big difference when you are in another Country and need help right away. I strongly recommend The Receptionist to anyone who's looking to automate their visitors and employees management experience.

Kaitlynn

June 2022

Best app for our check ins

Pros

I liked how easy it was to use and the ability to customize to be exactly what we needed it for.

Cons

What I liked least is the Support hours and time it sometimes takes to get back ti resolve an issue.

Merikay

Industry: Printing

May 2022

The Receptionist is an Amazing Product & Software.

So far so good. Trying to Customize the Receptionist with all the features it has to offer to our Company. I appreciate the customer support. I did also watch the 12 minute tutorial & found it helpful.

Pros

I love the visitor button and the delivery button. I was trying to get an Interview button set up under checking in, but the process confused me with too many impertinent questions for what I need the button to do. I have not had time but I will reach out to our representative Raven. I love how the software can be customizable to our Company Needs. (Returning Visitors. Delivery's so settings can notify employee of delivery.)

Cons

No way to notify 2 employees or more of a visitor or visitors waiting? Only option being 1 person.(?) But like the feature of back up notification.

Reasons for choosing The Receptionist for iPad

Our IT department ( Technology Architects, Green Bay WI) suggested it.

Constance

The REAL Receptionist

Pros

It is easy to use and has so many functions for data.

Cons

I'm not sure, it seems to be meeting our needs.

Reasons for choosing The Receptionist for iPad

Unsure, I am new to the complany

Tim

Industry: Warehousing

Easy to Deploy

The setup was very easy and the device was deployed the same day as it was received.

Pros

The ease of deployment. I was able to complete up within a few minutes. It is very intuitive for the visitor which makes easy for the check in and out process.

Cons

I cannot find any fault with the SW. It fits my needs.

Casey

June 2022

Very nice system. Perfect for visitor management.

Pros

User interface, notification process, and visitor tracking/reporting.

Cons

So far there is nothing I do not like about the system.

Nick

Industry: Medical Devices

July 2022

Receptionist

Easy to use and customize. Out executive team was impressed at how well we were able to get our branding on the Home Screen.

Pros

It is easy to deploy and make changes in the fly.

Cons

I feel it is a little costly for the number of contacts we manage at our site.

Reasons for choosing The Receptionist for iPad

The customization can be controlled by us.

Kevin

We are using this in a school setting and it is very helpful in helping us to keep track of visitors

Security and peace of mind in knowing that we have a way to know who is on campus at all times.

Pros

Customer support is fantastic! Can't stress that enough. The ease of use and keeping track of our visitors is very helpful and works great. A lot of our visitors are impressed with the use of technology to keep track of things. The use of printable badges helps everyone to know who is on campus and why, great product on that end.

Cons

One of the main reasons we chose this product was for attendance tracking. There was very little follow up on whether this product was capable of handling this for us aside from the initial sales pitch where we were sold on the idea it could. After a few months there was no clear resolution made from The Receptionist side and it was determined from our side that it was not able to support this need. We were sold three accounts and only needed two, one for each of our locations. The transition to this product would have been better had these issues been addressed better to start.

Response from The Receptionist

Dear Kevin, First off let me apologize. I am sorry that your pre-sales experience with our partner was not up to our standards. I am actively looking into this and I promise to get back in touch with you. Setting that aside I am so glad that the software is working well for you and Port View and that you have experienced our Radical Support. Thank you for being a member of The Receptionist Family! Sincerely, ¿ Andy Alsop, President ¿andy@thereceptionist.com

Replied August 2017

Amanda

August 2016

Excellent product!

We've been using iPad Receptionist in multiple locations for a couple of years now. The ease of use is amazing. They have made some modifications over the years to allow for some personalization, which is good. We receive a lot of comments about how "cool it is" when our guests arrive.

Pros

Personalization, functionality, easy modifications

Cons

The pictures taken of the guests are always dark.

Response from The Receptionist

Hi Amanda, Thanks so much for posting a review of The Receptionist for iPad! I have asked Jessica from our support team to followup with you to help with setting the timeout on the chat screen. Thanks for being a member of The Receptionist family! Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

Replied August 2016

Overall positive, it fits a need.

cost saving of a headcount, and easy to use to assure the right contact is reached for guest.

Pros

Easy to use. Fits the simple need. User friendly. Looks good in the lobby. Keeps everyone from calling me or my assistant.

Cons

The versatility is limited. I'd like to set refresh dates on videos and agreements, can't do that unless I remove and start everyone over. Would like to be a check out for lunch button, so we're not having to waist a second badge for guest/visitors. Be nice to get a text once a contractor leaves, just as a way to know for sure. Again just a few things that could be added to help the end user.

Response from The Receptionist

Hi Chris, Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review about The Receptionist for iPad. I am glad the software is mostly satisfying your needs. I really appreciate your taking the time to let me know about the enhancements you'd like to see us make to the software. We take feature requests very seriously. I have entered a feature request for things you've noted. Look out for upcoming feature releases! Sincerely,  Andy Alsop, President  andy@thereceptionist.com

Replied July 2018

Steven

Time used: Free Trial

December 2015

Highly Customizable and Affordable Reception/Notification Software

For the last 8 months I have been testing out 10 different receptionist applications to find the best one that suited our companies needs. The iPad Receptionist was the clear winner due to its ease of use, customization, and amazing customer support. We were looking for a notification system that allowed our employees to receive text messages when their guests were in our lobby. We also wanted our admins to be notified as well incase someone was away from their phone. The relay system with The iPad Receptionist is fantastic and allows our admins to be notified if the original employee does not respond within a minute. USPS and Fedex complained about our last application that we put in the field because they didn't want to type anything in and it was too confusing. With our current system, it could not be easier as they no longer need to type anything in and can choose preset options. We have gotten a lot of positive feedback since the change. From an admin standpoint, the backend is very easy to use/update. We were able to upload a CSV file with all the information, and set the relay contacts for each contact very easily. The price is also very reasonable. It fell within the middle, price wise, out of the 10 applications I tested. The customer service has been phenomenal! Their response time is great, and they are always very nice. Even more important though, I have submitted 2 bug reports that were taken care of within days, and have submitted feature requests that came out in later versions. It has been great working with The iPad Receptionist as they have made my job a lot easier.

Response from The Receptionist

Hi Steve, Thank you so much for the detailed and kind review of The iPad Receptionist! I know this takes time out of your day and I just want you to know it is much appreciated. Let myself or anyone on our team know if you need anything. Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@theipadreceptionist.com

Replied December 2015

Marlon

Best support ever!

My best experience always comes from support, generally support team. The customer service she provides is ALWAYS excellent!!! My experience with support always spills over to my overall liking of the software itself.

Pros

The ease of use. We have used it for the past 2 years, and we basically set it up and haven't modified anything in two year and it has worked fine. We have had a few instances of the iPads crashing because of a receptionist or iOS update, but that's it.

Cons

How long it took the features I originally requested to actually come out. I'm glad they finally did and that my request where heard.

Response from The Receptionist

Hi Marlon, Thank you so much for posting a review about The Receptionist for iPad and also calling out our Radical Support! It has been wonderful working with you and your team at Vernay. Can you let me know which features were implemented and which are still outstanding? I'd like to check on their status and get back to you. Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

Replied November 2018