• Pros

• "It's so user friendly and easy to set up. Visitors think it's so modern and clever ... they love it!"

• "It's user intuitive and well thought out. Support is really great. The program is constantly evolving."

• "i like the ease of use and the ease of setup the most. It has most of what we needed right out of the box."

• Cons

• "Not really a con but make sure iPad is continually charged."

• "Can be a little challenging to set up to begin with - However if you take the time to read the very helpful guides that have been set up you won't regret it. "

• "With easy comes limitations. Some areas I would like to customize but can't. Also it's multi language support is limited. (That feature is in beta so hopefully it will be improved)"

Browse The Receptionist for iPad Reviews

Ashante from Outback Gutters

Industry: Warehousing

Best "remote" receptionist there is!

Its been fun and easy to use for both our clients and myself. We don't have a receptionist yet, because our office isn't set up that way. However, this is great to use because our clients can sort of help themselves until someone comes out to assist them.

Pros

I love that we can make this extremely customizable so that the clients feel like they're truly getting taken care of and not just another number. The check in process is super important because that's like a first impression, so I love how we can customize it to certain visitors.

Cons

Pricing is a bit off to me. I think we wish there was the ability to have a Basic package for employee contacts over 24. We have about 30 or so, but don't need everything that Premium offers. Premium is the next level up in order to include over 24 ppl.

Response from The Receptionist

Replied May 2020

Ashante, we're so grateful you took the time to leave us a review. We all want to make a great first impression, and it's wonderful to hear that we can help your team do so. Thank you so much for being a customer! -Kayla Hollenbaugh, Digital Campaigns Manager

Nicole from PBS

Improved Visitor Process

Pros

This product has improved our visitor sign in process exponentially. It has also allowed us a much better way to track and manage our guests both single and large groups. This software is extremely easy to set up and manage. Whenever I have run into a problem with this software and had to work with their customer support it has always been a wonderful experience. Their support staff is amazing.

Cons

The only complaints that I have are in regards to the printer. There is only one brand of printer that can be used with this system and the quality of the tape roll that is used in not very good. It does not stick well to most fabrics to usually within a few mins the name tag is lost somewhere.

Cost

Response from The Receptionist

Replied October 2019

Hi Nicole, Thank you for the wonderful review. I am so happy to hear that our system has helped you in such a material way. I also love hearing your feedback about our support. We take it seriously, and our team will be happy to read your comments. I will pass along your feedback about the printer tape roll to our team as well. We tend to see this happening more with the 'off brand' labels that work with Brother and not Brother's branded labels, as well as old labels. Thanks again! Sincerely Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

Jeff from Star Pipe Products

Industry: Wholesale

Nice sign-in solution

It's slick, and it looks professional up front. Customers are kind of impressed, which is nice.

Pros

We use The Receptionist to allow visitors to sign in (and print visitor badges) on an iPad. It works really well, and notifies our users by SMS and email when they have a guest who has signed in.

Cons

Would really like to see it integrate with UPS, FedEx, and USPS tracking for package arrivals/notifications. This would make it much more useful to us. We're still doing packages on a paper log.

Reasons for Choosing The Receptionist for iPad

We looked at several, and this seemed to have the best features for the price.

Response from The Receptionist

Replied May 2020

Hi Jeff! Thank you so much for leaving such a fantastic review of our system. I'm happy to hear that you and your customers enjoy the experience. Regarding delivery notifications, have you tried our Delivery Button option to send employees package delivery notifications? Chat with our support team on our website if you have questions. Best, Andy Alsop President & CEO

Aidan from Wells Lamont

Good and bad. Lacking features in specific areas.

Pros

Ease of use and implementation. Very intuitive, best by far of the competition. Great at making the sign in process smooth for guests. Everything works as it should.

Cons

Feature Set and Customization. Other solutions have better ability to tweak features and modify from a plain vanilla solution. Every aspect could do with a few additional features to make the solution the ultimate virtual receptionist. Suggestions include: Ability to backdate checkout of guests in portal. Ability to receive notification if guest does not checkout by end of day or preset time. Ability to delete guests that are registered in device. Ability to block guests that have pre-registered and flag if guest attempts to re-register. Ability to send notifications on check out of guest. Ability to customize e-mail notification form and change sender address. Ability to fast sign in via phone OR e-mail address (make it customizable) Better layout for customizing visitor interface, what you see in portal is not always what you get. Ability to see how many times a guest has checked in previously by simply clicking on a previous visit. (Maybe more statistics)

Response from The Receptionist

Replied July 2018

Hi Aidan, I really appreciate you taking the time to send us your thoughts and feedback. Apologies for the delay in responding. I just wanted you to know that I have logged your feature requests in our feature tracking system. Our product and engineering team takes feedback very seriously! Thanks for being a member of The Receptionist Family! Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

Katiria from ConnectOne Bank

Pros

Once I was able to navigate the site, it was very user friendly to customize and comply with our Marketing expectations.

Cons

One con is that the email receipt cannot be customized to say your client's name. This can cause a client who is visiting the bank to think they have received a spoofed or fraud email.

Response from The Receptionist

Replied May 2020

Hi Katiria! Thank you so much for leaving us such a fantastic review! As the Marketing Director here at The Receptionist, I'm especially happy to hear that our system has helped you stay on brand. We are looking at ways to make email customizations more available in future product updates, so hopefully we can continue to meet your needs as we go. Thanks again! Michael Director of Marketing

James from DuPont Tate & Lyle Bio Products

Industry: Chemicals

Great software

This is an excellent platform to ensure compliance with confidentiality requirements for our business. Photo documentation of visitors is an added plus.

Pros

Ability to add documents such as NDAs, and custom safety documents. Trustworthy Cloud server for storage of completed forms.

Cons

Better badge printer options would be a huge plus. The quality of Brother QL-820NWB is quite poor.

Reasons for Choosing The Receptionist for iPad

Recommendation from a current user. Better functionality with forms (NDA, Safety, etc...).

Response from The Receptionist

Replied October 2019

Hi James! Thank you so much for leaving us this review. I am happy to hear that our system is doing it's part to keep your office secure and compliant. We are always looking for ways to improve, so I will pass your comments about the printer on to our team. Thanks for being an amazing customer! Sincerely Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

carmen from Recursion Pharma Inc.

Industry: Biotechnology

Great tool for visitor check-in

I work in a building that shares the lobby so The Receptionist i-pad helps monitor who is really here to see someone from my company.

Pros

The program is user friendly. I really like that you can customize the buttons, add documents, a logo, etc. It's easy for visitors to reach their designated party. Also the times I have reached out to Customer Service they have been very efficient, friendly and just overall helpful.

Cons

haven't encountered any major issues with this software

Response from The Receptionist

Replied May 2020

Hi Carmen! We're so glad that The Receptionist for iPad makes setup, customization, and check-ins easy for you and your visitors. Radical Support defines who we are and how we operate, so we're thrilled to hear that you've been happy with your customer service experience, too. Thanks a lot for the great review! Best, James Jordan Creative Manager

Keith from The Blakley Corporation

Industry: Executive Office

Great Money and Time Saver

Great time and money saver.

Pros

It eliminated the cost of an employee and their benefits. It's easy for our guests to use.

Cons

I really have no complaints in regard to this product.

Reasons for Choosing The Receptionist for iPad

This product did exactly what we tried to accomplish by eliminating a front desk person that really didn't have enough walk in business to deem it necessary.

Response from The Receptionist

Replied May 2020

Hi Keith, We're glad that your guests are enjoying an easy check-in experience. Thanks for taking the time to write us a review! Best, James Jordan Creative Manager

Erin from OneStream Software

Overall Great product

We are able to keep track of who is in the building at all times.

Pros

Easy interface to use and creates a quick check in process.

Cons

It would be helpful to be able to "Check in" guests who have accidently checked themselves out early on the receptionist website.

Response from The Receptionist

Replied October 2019

Hi Erin! Thank you for leaving this review of our software. I'm glad to hear that our system has helped create some efficiencies in your office and that its been easy to use. Thanks for being a great customer! Sincerely Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

Robin from Serving Hope

Pros

Receptionist for iPad is great for small businesses and large businesses alike, it provides the opportunity for customers to come in and sign in and be recognized even if the environment is extremely busy. The organization of the clients information, the ability to pre-enter information concerning clients, is advantageous whether you are signing in at the spa or the doctors office.

Cons

It can be frustrating if information is not entered correctly in precisely as the software dependence and operates based on information input.

Response from The Receptionist

Replied October 2019

Hello Robin, Thank you so much for leaving us this wonderful review and so the fantastic perspective you offered. I greatly appreciate it and thank you for being such an amazing customer! Sincerely Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

Ian from Autoneum North America

An experience worth far more than the cost.

Automation, cost savings from using paper visitor logs, and ease of use!

Pros

There is not enough space to say all the Pros with the receptionist. The most astounding and remarkable feature of The Receptionist is the customer service and support. In the several months I've been using it, I've never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a problem solution. The problems are solved almost immediately, and if they can't be, we figure out an alternate solution to the problem at hand. Furthermore, this is a company that actually LISTENS and DEPLOYS suggestions. I've submitted several suggestions to them, and almost all of them have been implemented. If the suggestion benefits the overall experience of the customers, it gets added very quickly! In the years I've spent in IT and using dozens different applications and software, this is one that actually listens to it's customers and works very close with them to ensure everyone is happy. There's an abundance of different features you can customize to what you need your receptionist to do. We use 2 for lobby "visitor" check-in, and one for the shipping department for truck drivers to check in and clock their time. It's incredibly versatile!

Cons

For an advanced user, some features feel a little bit limited, however they are quickly working on improving functionality of certain features to make it even more versatile! There aren't many cons I can come up with!

Response from The Receptionist

Replied January 2018

Hello Ian, All I can say is Wow! I can't tell you how happy, as the president of the company, to read your review. What a way to start off a Monday morning. :-) We are honored to have Autoneum as a member of The Receptionist Family. You obviously know where to reach us if you need anything and I am including my personal information so feel free to reach out anytime. Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

Sinéad from Control Equipment Limited

Fantastic from start to finish!

Professionalism, Health & Safety compliance, value for money!!

Pros

The entire software really is superb, I cannot fault it. I have had many of our visitors remark on its simplicity. All in all, I have found my user and administrator experience excellent. That's from my first inquiry about the software, straight through to delivery, including iPad and printer! And the support, which for me is the strongest attribute, is absolutely outstanding. I have found the support to be responsive, professional, patient and polite. And with me being in the Republic of Ireland, that's all with a time difference. I have for the most part been dealing with the lovely customer service agent, who has been brilliant, but that said, any other operator I have been in touch with have equally been as helpful and obliging. On a few occasions, I have also used the extremely useful notes and guidelines and they are spot on, so accurately written and easy to follow. The value for money is amazing and with unlimited everything, you simply can't beat this product. So simple to use as a guest and so easy and straight forward to use as an operator. I highly recommend The Receptionist to any business looking to introduce a visitor management system.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about The Receptionist BUT if I had to choose one thing, the only con I can come up with (and it really is not a big deal) is that our logo doesn't print out in its full colour.

Response from The Receptionist

Replied November 2017

Hi Sinéad, Wow! Thank you so much for your very nice compliments. I have shared your review with our entire team. We are proud to count Control Equipment Limited as a new member of The Receptionist Family in the Republic of Ireland. :-) Let us know if there is anything more we can do for you and your team. Sincerely, ¿ Andy Alsop, President ¿andy@thereceptionist.com

Kevin from Port View Preparatory

We are using this in a school setting and it is very helpful in helping us to keep track of visitors

Security and peace of mind in knowing that we have a way to know who is on campus at all times.

Pros

Customer support is fantastic! Can't stress that enough. The ease of use and keeping track of our visitors is very helpful and works great. A lot of our visitors are impressed with the use of technology to keep track of things. The use of printable badges helps everyone to know who is on campus and why, great product on that end.

Cons

One of the main reasons we chose this product was for attendance tracking. There was very little follow up on whether this product was capable of handling this for us aside from the initial sales pitch where we were sold on the idea it could. After a few months there was no clear resolution made from The Receptionist side and it was determined from our side that it was not able to support this need. We were sold three accounts and only needed two, one for each of our locations. The transition to this product would have been better had these issues been addressed better to start.

Response from The Receptionist

Replied August 2017

Dear Kevin, First off let me apologize. I am sorry that your pre-sales experience with our partner was not up to our standards. I am actively looking into this and I promise to get back in touch with you. Setting that aside I am so glad that the software is working well for you and Port View and that you have experienced our Radical Support. Thank you for being a member of The Receptionist Family! Sincerely, ¿ Andy Alsop, President ¿andy@thereceptionist.com

Brian from Carlisle Companies

Industry: Machinery

Gets The Job Done

We wanted to do away with receptionists at our Corporate office, so we replaced that functionality with the iPad receptionist app. It's worked reliably for us, for the most part. The updates are highly manual, but that's usually not an issue. It took a few months for everyone in the office to get used to it, but here we are two years later still using it. Will probably replace this solution with a custom MS PowerApp at some point.

Pros

The portal interface can be mastered in a couple hours. There really isn't much investment needed to learn everything about the product and get your account up and running. Great customer service.

Cons

The actual options of this application are minimal. I've found myself on more than one occasion "hacking" together a solution based on the options available.

Response from The Receptionist

Replied August 2018

Hello Brian! Thanks for posting a review. I'm happy that it has been quick and easy to get up and running and that you've been able to experience our Radical Support. We really want to know more about your having to hack together some solutions. Our Dir of Engineering will be reaching out to you to learn more. Thanks for being a member of The Receptionist Family! Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

July 2016

Derek from TDK-Lambda Americas Inc.

TDK-Lambda Americas Inc.

Before choosing iPad Receptionist we tried 3 other major Visitor Management software systems. We downloaded their free trials (typically 30 day) and purchased some equipment (ipad & badge printer) to have real world experience with all of them. Out of all of them, iPad Receptionist was by far the easiest to set up for the administrator of the system. The visitor sign in/sign out and host notification processes are both intuitive and reliable.

Pros

None of the other systems tested came close to being competitive in regard to cost and customer service. Another feature we like is the system is regularly being updated with improvements and more options. The people that we have spoken with and emailed at the company give us a real feeling that they care about your needs as a customer.

Cons

The only issue we have had has been that our badge printer is networked and for some reason it occasionally goes to Wifi mode and badges will not print, but the system still notifies the host.

Response from The Receptionist

Replied July 2016

Hi Derek, Thank you so much for your very nice review! It was a pleasure meeting you last week at the TDK-Lambda facility. It's super impressive what you are doing and great to see so many high-end manufacturing jobs in the US! Let us know if there is anything we can do for you. Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@theipadreceptionist.com

Kendhal from Dallas Counseling and Treatment Center

Industry: Mental Health Care

Very easy to use and navigate, excellent price, superb customer service!

Our staff is now immediately notified with a delivery is made or a client presents for a session. No more checking the lobby a dozen times! Our clients also like that the know the therapist has been notified since we do not have a traditional front desk staff.

Pros

I searched for a long time to find a check in system that would work for my office. I tried many systems and ultimately chose the receptionist because it is very easy to set up, allows for multiple offices on the same subscription, was affordable, and allowed for a customized and simple check in process. I also love that we can integrate it with Slack which we use.

Cons

I wish it worked on android devices because those are far less expensive than iPads. I also would like for the company to be willing to sign a BAA for HIPPA compliance. However, we were able to find a workaround to avoid asking for PHI from clients checking in.

Response from The Receptionist

Replied May 2020

Hi Kendhal, thanks for the amazing review! Your feedback is truly appreciated. I'm so glad to hear that you're having an excellent customer service experience with our team, and that you're finding so much value in all the features The Receptionist for iPad offers. Sounds like we've saved you and your staff some time now that they don't have to check the lobby constantly, which is wonderful to hear! Michael Ashford Director of Marketing

Deborah from Jeld-Wen, Inc

Industry: Warehousing

Reception Ease

Since we no longer have a Receptionist at our Front Desk, we urgently needed something to direct visitors as well as log their visit. The Receptionist for iPad looked like a "User" Friendly option and it has turned out to be a simple way to resolve our issue, without making it too complicated for the visitor.

Pros

Easy steps for setup of visitor checkin/checkout process, convenient retrieval and export of visitor logs. Also like that multiple locations can easily be setup by cloning an existing setup. Excellent customer service which always provides us with fast responses to questions.

Cons

Would like to see the software available for an android tablet as well. Would also like ability for more customizing of visitor buttons using some logic options. Since there is only room for 6 buttons maximum, would be nice if check-in process could be controlled by answers to question(s) that are presented to visitors, which in turn could follow a "what happens next" for that customer type.

Response from The Receptionist

Replied May 2020

Thank you for sharing your feedback! It is extremely valuable, and we take it seriously. Your requests for the product enhancements you mentioned are definitely things we've heard before, and we are exploring these items for future upgrades. Thanks for being an amazing customer! Michael Ashford Director of Marketing

Kristopher from The Dannon Project

Less issues compared to other vendors! Support is Grade A. Others have been closer to F.

Pros

Simple setup and configuration compared to other vendors in the similar industry. The web interface is simple enough to get use to.

Cons

Lacking features to compete with higher tier apps in the industry even though they don't execute them that well. Features such as a like an emergency list if a fire occurs with all the people in the building and maybe even procedures/ contact list. The api needs to be able to push data out to other SaaS systems/databases.

Response from The Receptionist

Replied August 2017

Hi Kristopher, I am glad that you have experienced our Radical Support and that we are stacking up well against the competition. Could you please send me your full list of feature requests? As part of our Radical Support we listen very closely to our customers regarding the improvements they think we could make to the software. Safety and evacuation are essential parts of The Receptionist for iPad. Here is a support article on our Emergency Evacuation List feature that is built into the iPad app and how to access the list of checked in visitors from any device including a computer, a tablet or a smartphone: http://support.thereceptionist.com/security/how-do-i-access-my-visitor-log-what-if-there-is-an-emergency Thanks to you and the Dannon Project team for being a member of The Receptionist Family. Sincerely, ¿ Andy Alsop, President ¿andy@thereceptionist.com

Amanda from Sonic Healthcare USA

Excellent product!

We've been using iPad Receptionist in multiple locations for a couple of years now. The ease of use is amazing. They have made some modifications over the years to allow for some personalization, which is good. We receive a lot of comments about how "cool it is" when our guests arrive.

Pros

Personalization, functionality, easy modifications

Cons

The pictures taken of the guests are always dark.

Response from The Receptionist

Replied August 2016

Hi Amanda, Thanks so much for posting a review of The Receptionist for iPad! I have asked Jessica from our support team to followup with you to help with setting the timeout on the chat screen. Thanks for being a member of The Receptionist family! Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

Diane from self employed ebay seller

Great Interactive Tool to Ensure No One Goes Unnoticed

Love it so far. When and if I open my store I will be buying this software and using it. Knowing who is coming, when they are coming, all of these factors need to be considered in the business person's schedule. I think this is a wonderful new software and very user friendly.

Pros

For the free version I've explored so far, it is a great tool!! I am in the process of checking out brick and mortar locations to open my own secondhand store. This software allows for people to check in via their cell phones with Receptionist for iPad and this software can be programmed to notify each person who would be expecting customers and or visitors. No more waiting at an empty desk while someone has to run to the back for a moment. Also a great perk is that this software is multi lingual !!

Cons

I have not yet paid for the "Official" software but from what I have seen from the free offering, this is a marvelous tool for anyone who has an office, and even for people who have a lot of people to be expected at family events!!

Response from The Receptionist

Replied November 2018

Diane, I am glad that your free trial has gone so well. I hope that you will open your store and implement our software to make things more efficient. Thank you for being a member of The Receptionist Family. Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

Dara from Energous

Industry: Wireless

Easy to use Receptionist

I have used the Receptionist for iPad for a year now. I very rarely run into any tech issues.. and when I do, they are usually very quick to reply and help me get back up and running. Everyone who checks in at our office thinks it's a really cool and "high tech" feature. We will continue to use the Receptionist for iPad for 2017!

Pros

Easy to use.

Cons

Sometimes it doesn't want to stay connected to wifi.

Response from The Receptionist

Replied January 2017

Hi Dara, Thanks very much for posting a review of The Receptioinst for iPad. Have you checked with our support team about the intermittent wifi issue? We find that installing a new wifi access point or placing one closer to the iPad solves the problem. Also, be sure to check with our team if you ever having printer issues. Sadly, the Brother printers require a lot of support but I have heard that a new model is coming out soon that will hopefully be less maintenance intensive. Thank you for being a year-long member of The Receptionist Family! Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

Chris from Bemis

Overall positive, it fits a need.

cost saving of a headcount, and easy to use to assure the right contact is reached for guest.

Pros

Easy to use. Fits the simple need. User friendly. Looks good in the lobby. Keeps everyone from calling me or my assistant.

Cons

The versatility is limited. I'd like to set refresh dates on videos and agreements, can't do that unless I remove and start everyone over. Would like to be a check out for lunch button, so we're not having to waist a second badge for guest/visitors. Be nice to get a text once a contractor leaves, just as a way to know for sure. Again just a few things that could be added to help the end user.

Response from The Receptionist

Replied July 2018

Hi Chris, Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review about The Receptionist for iPad. I am glad the software is mostly satisfying your needs. I really appreciate your taking the time to let me know about the enhancements you'd like to see us make to the software. We take feature requests very seriously. I have entered a feature request for things you've noted. Look out for upcoming feature releases! Sincerely,  Andy Alsop, President  andy@thereceptionist.com

Virginia from Campbellsville University

Wonderful College Visit Service

The Receptionist for iPad has been immensely helpful. I have personalized it to maximize the use in my department. Students have no problem using it and our counselors appreciate being notified the minute the student checks in.

Pros

This software has been wonderful for our college visits. It is very self explanatory with a lot of helpful features.

Cons

I only have one complaint with this software. I wish I had the ability to have the notification sent to the counselor the minute the student clicks on their button and not have to wait until they finish the whole check in process.

Response from The Receptionist

Replied October 2018

Hi Virginia, Thanks so much for posting a review about your experience with The Receptionist for iPad! I am so glad that you are enjoying the software. I am including my personal email address. Would you mind sending me an email so that I can understand what problem you are trying to solve by sending the notification immediately? We wait for the visitor to complete filling out the info so that the recipient or company contact has all of the info the visitor completed. Thanks, Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

Renee from Ultrafryer Systems

It has been a welcomed change to our office. Both guests and employees alike find it very helpful.

Pros

What we like most about the software is the ability to customize every option. We have been able to make adjustments with ease and instantly.

Cons

The admin site does not automatically upload the visitor log when someone checks in or if there is activity with pick-ups and deliveries. The admin will have to remember to refresh the page to see an update. Also, we also have several visitors and customers we try to accommodate with the "delivery" option but are limited with selections so not everyone has their own button. It can cause some confusion.

Response from The Receptionist

Replied September 2017

Hi Renee, I really appreciate your posting a review about The Receptionist! I am so glad you are finding the software configurable to your needs. Also, I can't thank you enough for submitting your feature requests. We take these requests very seriously. I have submitted posted them to our feature request system and attached your email address so that you will be notified when they are released. Thank you for being a member of The Receptionist family! Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

December 2015

Steven from FLM

December 2015

Highly Customizable and Affordable Reception/Notification Software

For the last 8 months I have been testing out 10 different receptionist applications to find the best one that suited our companies needs. The iPad Receptionist was the clear winner due to its ease of use, customization, and amazing customer support. We were looking for a notification system that allowed our employees to receive text messages when their guests were in our lobby. We also wanted our admins to be notified as well incase someone was away from their phone. The relay system with The iPad Receptionist is fantastic and allows our admins to be notified if the original employee does not respond within a minute. USPS and Fedex complained about our last application that we put in the field because they didn't want to type anything in and it was too confusing. With our current system, it could not be easier as they no longer need to type anything in and can choose preset options. We have gotten a lot of positive feedback since the change. From an admin standpoint, the backend is very easy to use/update. We were able to upload a CSV file with all the information, and set the relay contacts for each contact very easily. The price is also very reasonable. It fell within the middle, price wise, out of the 10 applications I tested. The customer service has been phenomenal! Their response time is great, and they are always very nice. Even more important though, I have submitted 2 bug reports that were taken care of within days, and have submitted feature requests that came out in later versions. It has been great working with The iPad Receptionist as they have made my job a lot easier.

Response from The Receptionist

Replied December 2015

Hi Steve, Thank you so much for the detailed and kind review of The iPad Receptionist! I know this takes time out of your day and I just want you to know it is much appreciated. Let myself or anyone on our team know if you need anything. Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@theipadreceptionist.com

Claire from Topocean Consolidation Service, Inc.

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Good product and great customer service!

Gave our receptionist the freedom of not having to hand-write visitor badges. Overall, it looks better when entering our office, visitors are excited to use it.

Pros

The most valuable thing about The Receptionist is their customer service team. Helped us through every question and issue we've had. The badge printer complements extremely well and was able to easily customize the badges for our company. Management on website is user-friendly, any changes are quickly reflected on mobile app

Cons

Would like language options. Language translation is something we look forward to in the future! IT Department found limited/missing customization abilities for: button size, fonts, background/page image, clock header, layout/location, padding/margins.

Response from The Receptionist

Replied September 2017

Hello Claire! I am so glad you have experienced our Radical Support! Making sure our customers are happy with their experience is a top priority for The Receptionist. I am also happy that you have been able to take advantage of our drag-and-drop badge customization feature. This has proven to be very popular with our customers. I have added your two feature requests to our feature request tracking system. You'll be happy to know that both are high priorities for us. We will update you as we make progress on language localization and additional customization options. Thank you for being a member of The Receptionist Family! Sincerely, ¿ Andy Alsop, President ¿andy@thereceptionist.com

Daniel from Endeavor Robotics

Industry: Defense & Space

Incredibly efficient and easy to use!

Easy way to track visitors Keeps NDR records for us Automatically uploads records Repeat visitors aren't frustrated anymore!

Pros

Fast, simple, easy to check in, check out, and log visitors. It's a great system for our business and we get a TON of compliments on it!

Cons

I would love to see a simple AD integration tool for this, but it's not like i'm hiring 30 people a week, so it's not a huge priority for us right now

Response from The Receptionist

Replied November 2017

Hi Daniel, I appreciate your taking the time to post a review about The Receptionist for iPad! I am glad that the system is working out well and that it puts Endeavor Robotics in a good light with your visitors. We do have a way to integrate with your AD. I will email you separately to be sure you have received this info in the past. Thank you for being a member of The Receptionist Family! Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

Paul from Transcare Corp.

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Very simple and easy to use! It's simplicity results in some limitations, but overall great.

It's great at replacing a paper sign-in sheet allowing us to keep track of who is in the building and maintaining a history.

Pros

Setup and configuration is easy. The interface is professional and polished. Also, it is entirely cloud based!

Cons

Response from The Receptionist

Replied February 2018

Hi Paul, Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review about The Receptionist for iPad! I really appreciate your compliments and candid feedback about the customization options you are interested in. Would you be able to send me an email with details around what customization options you'd like us to implement including how we can improve our multi-lingual feature? I will personally enter your feedback into our feature request system and it will have an impact on the future of our software. Thank you for being a member of The Receptionist Family! Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

Marlon from Vernay

Best support ever!

My best experience always comes from support, generally support team. The customer service she provides is ALWAYS excellent!!! My experience with support always spills over to my overall liking of the software itself.

Pros

The ease of use. We have used it for the past 2 years, and we basically set it up and haven't modified anything in two year and it has worked fine. We have had a few instances of the iPads crashing because of a receptionist or iOS update, but that's it.

Cons

How long it took the features I originally requested to actually come out. I'm glad they finally did and that my request where heard.

Response from The Receptionist

Replied November 2018

Hi Marlon, Thank you so much for posting a review about The Receptionist for iPad and also calling out our Radical Support! It has been wonderful working with you and your team at Vernay. Can you let me know which features were implemented and which are still outstanding? I'd like to check on their status and get back to you. Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

Betty from The a2 Milk Company

July 2016

The solution to our problem...!

We love our iPad Receptionist. Although it may have some issues here and there (like all software does) the support provided to solving these issues is definitely 5 star...!

Pros

Response from The Receptionist

Replied July 2016

Hi Betty, Thank you for posting such a nice review! I am happy that our customers all around the world (including Australia) are happy with our software and service. As I am sure you know, reach out at any time and we're here to help. Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@theipadreceptionist.com

Peter from Social Ventures Australia

The Receptionist for Ipad

We didn't want the cost of having a receptionist given the size of the business so went looking for a digital option. The Receptionist fit the bill in terms of cost and functionality. It has been accepted by all employees and visitors have found it easy to use.

Pros

Ease of use Support Low cost given functionality

Cons

Admin system is a bit clunky Graphics probably need updating

Response from The Receptionist

Replied May 2020

Hi Peter, Thanks for your review! We're very glad to hear that employees and visitors find The Receptionist for iPad easy to use and that you're pleased with the support you've received. Thanks for your feedback on the admin graphics. We're regularly making UX and UI updates based on user feedback, so feel free to send any requests into our team via live chat on our website. Best, James Jordan Creative Manager

Stephanie from DATIS

One of the best iPad Receptionist Programs out there!

Our company was looking for an iPad program that could check in and check out visitors, take their photo, notify the person they were visiting of their arrival, have the capability to configure with a badge printer, and be able to export the list of visitors monthly. After much research, we did a free trial of The Receptionist and loved it! The customer support was great during set-up, as configuring the program with the Brother Badge Printer can be difficult. However, support made it simple! This program is easy to use and set up and makes our check-in program look very official. We are very happy with the personalization that this program offers. The only downside is that the program is not yet configurable with HipChat, our messaging system we use (Similar to Slack). Once they implement that, this program will be a 10/10!

Pros

Simplicity of use

Cons

Not configurable with HipChat

Response from The Receptionist

Replied February 2017

Hi Stephanie, I really appreciate you taking the time to post such a thorough review and I am so happy that everything is working well for you and DATIS. I have to keep this hush, hush but we are actively working on the HipChat integration. I will be sure to enter your request into our feature request log. You will be notified once it is ready to go. Thank you for being a member of The Receptionist family since January 1st of this year! Please don't hesitate to let any of us know if we can help in any way. Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

Ryan from Cultivated Synergy

Great Platform, Customer Service, and Performance

Great platform and wonderful team!

Pros

The clean and professional look paired with easy management.

Cons

We can not set up an automated and customizable follow-up email to guests after they have visited. This would be great to thank them for coming, ask for feedback, or give them more information on our space and offerings.

Response from The Receptionist

Replied October 2019

Hi Ryan! Thank you so much for leaving us such a positive review. Always good to hear from fellow Denver-ites! Regarding your desire to set up a customized followup email, that is something we've heard and are considering for a future feature update, but in the meantime, did you see our new integration with Zapier? It allows you to tie in our system to other software, like Mailchimp or Constant Contact, which would allow you to send out emails after a guest has checked out. Definitely check it out, and if you need any help setting it up, let our support team know. Sincerely Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

The Receptionist for iPad- An Efficient Cloud-based Visitor Management System

Pros

The integrated Badge-printer tool which allows badges to be printed for visitors at our organization is my favorite aspects of this software.

Cons

The photo quality needs improvement. In some instances, resolution, and imaging is dark and difficult to identify at times.

Response from The Receptionist

Replied June 2019

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our software! We always strive to get better, and feedback like yours goes a long way. Sometimes, repositioning the iPad to get better lighting helps. We've had a lot of customers get great results when they put the iPad in a place with better lighting, even if it's just rotating it just a bit. If you ever have any issues, we'd love to see if we can help walk you through them as best as we can. Please reach out to me directly or contact our support team through the chat feature on our website or in your admin panel. Have a great day! Sincerely Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

Laura from Texas NIC

Great new tool - Badge Editor!

Pros

The new badge editor tool is easy to change and update. It easy to customize and works well with the brother printers!

Cons

I had a hard time finding the new badge tool. Wasn't sure if it was on the iPad itself or on the website. It makes sense where it is though (under the buttons on the site), since you may not want all the buttons to print a badge.

Response from The Receptionist

Replied January 2018

Hi Laura, Thank you for taking the time to post a review about The Receptionist for iPad. I am so pleased that you are enjoying our new drag and drop badge editor. It is truly unique to our application. It is an honor to have Texas NIC as a member of The Receptionist family! Sincerely, Andy Alsop andy@thereceptionist.com

Crystal from Re-Teck

Awesome

Pros

Simple and easy for our customers to use. Love the customizations and the service I am provided when I do need to contact someone. They are always friendly and issues are fixed usually within less than a five minute time frame.

Cons

Wish it could do multiple sights on one machine (meaning we would have a device at each check in location but it would show me on my one admin login all 4 facilities in one).

Response from The Receptionist

Replied June 2017

Hi Crystal! Thank you for posting a review about The Receptionist for iPad! I am so glad that you are enjoying our Radical Support. Thank you also for pointing out the feature request for central location management. We take feature requests very seriously. I have logged the request in our feature tracking system and attached your contact info so you will be notified when that feature has been developed. You will be happy to know that this feature is actively being worked on. I don't have a timeframe for you when it will be released but by being on the feature request you will learn about it before the rest of our customers. Please let me know if I or anyone else on my team can be of assistance. We are so happy that Re-Teck is a member of The Receptionist Family! Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

June 2016

Vanessa from Consolidated Minerals

June 2016

You'll love it and so will your visitors!

Overall its been a very positive and beneficial experience. Right form my initial enquiries through to testing , customer support and the final implementation it's all been a seamless process. It has increased administration productivity and decreased costs.

Pros

Easy and Intuitive.

Cons

I'm pretty happy with it so nothing really to add here

Response from The Receptionist

Replied June 2016

Vanessa, Thank you for posting your review! Hearing that you have had a great experience with our product and our company is exactly what I hope to hear from our customers. If there is anything we can do for you please don't hesitate to reach out. Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@theipadreceptionist.com

Tamera from Spring Forest Counseling & Wellness

Game Changing!

We elevated our client experience with the ease of check in & gave our clinicians freedom!

Pros

I love that my clinicians can relax and socialize while waiting for their next client to arrive! Not being tied to their rooms & checking the waiting area has been a game changer for our culture. The ability to check the log has also been helpful in many situations.

Cons

As we grow, it might get costly to have subscriptions for multiple locations.

Response from The Receptionist

Replied December 2019

Hello Tamera! Thank you so much for leaving us such a fantastic review. It makes me so happy that our system is giving your staff a little bit of their day back and reducing a little bit of chaos and anxiety. Thank you for being such an amazing customer! Andy Alsop President andy@thereceptionist.com

Jimmy from Chegg Inc.

Nice Visitor Tracking Application

Pros

This application is very light and can be installed easily. It is a very simple application using which we can track visitors and also check who is expected to visit on a particular day

Cons

There are no cons. This is a very small application and everything has be thought of

Response from The Receptionist

Replied October 2018

Hi Jimmy, Thanks so much for posting a review about The Receptionist for iPad! I am so happy to hear that the application is working for you and Chegg Inc! Please don't hesitate to reach out to me personally if there is anything I can do for you. Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

Jason from Osmotica Pharmaceuticals

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Easy to use service

Awesome. Easy to use, easy to manage from an admin end, and reporting is very simple.

Pros

I like that the software has the ability to take photographs of visitors, and allow our employees to get text or emails when their visitor arrives. It is great to make sure we can count for everyone coming in and out of the building.

Cons

Under the vendor tab, if you use the "Other" button it does not allow them to inset what company they are coming with. Since you can only have 6 vendors on the screen, we have 5 of our most common vendors and then we use the "Other" button as a 'catch-all'. That being said - we would like to track what 'other' vendors are coming in the building by allowing the 'other' vendor to type in their name so it can be recorded.

Response from The Receptionist

Replied January 2020

Hi Jason! Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of The Receptionist for iPad! It makes me proud to hear a customer like you find the system so easy to use. I'll be sure to pass along your feedback to our product team for a potential feature update. Best wishes to you! Andy Alsop President andy@thereceptionist.com

Julie from one10

Amazing service -- very responsive and helpful!

Pros

The software is easy to use and work with. Having the iPad receptionist is also an added security feature for the office.

Response from The Receptionist

Replied November 2017

Hi Julie, Thanks so much for posting such a nice review. It is great to have one10 and Aimia as longtime members of The Receptionist Family! Let us know if there is anything we can do for you and your team. Sincerely, ¿ Andy Alsop, President ¿andy@thereceptionist.com

justin from Umbra Cuscinetti Inc.

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

great product and great customer service.

Pros

Cons

it only supports 2 types of badge printers an with the system relying on wifi you need a strong connection.

Response from The Receptionist

Replied August 2017

Hey Justin, I'm so glad The Receptionist for iPad is working out for you and Umbra Cuscinetti Inc. We have alternate configurations for the printer so that it can connect via Ehternet that would improve the performance if you're wifi isn't strong enough. Fire me an email and I would happy to help! Sincerely, ¿ Andy Alsop, President ¿andy@thereceptionist.com

Tyler from Dakota Creek Industries

Industry: Shipbuilding

Great Visitor Management System for the Money!

Pros

This is the most simple easy to use product for not only our staff, but also our visitors. This takes very little staff assistance to support and get people logged in. Return visits are quick and easy and the time savings for staff and visitors has been significant.

Cons

We wish you could customize the interface and database such as adding attachments, but currently this isn't an option. We also would like to be able to scan in using a scan of our exiting badges which we currently use, but this also isn't currently an option. These aren't show stoppers by any means and are very specific to our environment. They allow for feature requests which we had submitted for these needs.

Response from The Receptionist

Replied October 2018

Hey Tyler, Thanks so much for your review. I am really glad the software is working for you and Dakota Creek! I was going to offer to enter your feature requests but it looks like our team has already worked with you to file them. If there is anything I can do for you and your team please feel free to reach out to me. Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

Alexander from Workability

Excellent for using in a co-working space

Pros

The receptionist keeps our client information in one place and allows for check in and check out to be seamless and intuitive.

Cons

I wish there were more options when it came to the buttons, such as removing a required input field from some buttons. I also wish there were just more customization options.

Response from The Receptionist

Replied March 2018

Hi Alexander! Thanks for posting a review about The Receptionist for iPad! I am glad that Workability is enjoying the software. I have entered a feature request regarding more customizations and attached your email address in our feature tracking system. Should we release these features we will notify you directly. Thank you for being a member of The Receptionist Family! Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

Kenneth from Limitless Performance Training

This has been an upgrade to my facility!

Pros

The ease of use for my clients and functionality the software provides. Clients can navigate the software without confusion.

Cons

The adjustment to buttons from an esthetic perspective can sometimes be slightly difficult or limited but it's still sufficient.

Response from The Receptionist

Replied September 2017

Hey Kenneth, I appreciate your posting a review about The Receptionist for iPad. I am glad that the software is helping out Limitless Performance Training. Thanks for being a member of the The Receptionist Family for over a year! Sincerely, ¿ Andy Alsop, President ¿andy@thereceptionist.com

September 2016

Austin from Venture Technologies

September 2016

Pre-Register and Returning Visitor

We have been using iPad Receptionist for several months now and would highly recommend it to our business partners for use in their facilities. Jessica is always a pleasure to work with and is very knowledgeable about the product and new features we need assistance with! We have audit requirements for the services we provide to our customers so typically we have always used a check in sheet. This product/software has been more efficient, professional, and organized for our processes and procedures.

Pros

Ease of use, low maintenance, it uses Apple.

Cons

The printed badges, they need some help with design. They are very basic right now.

Response from The Receptionist

Replied September 2016

Hi Austin, Thank you for taking the time to post such a thorough review! Updating the badge printing is on our development roadmap. We will let you know when we release more controls over badge printing. We are also checking into the issue you are reporting about the buttons moving around. Thank you for being a member of The Receptionist family and don't hesitate to reach out to us at any time! Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

I couldn't be happier with both the product and the service.

Pros

it is easy to use and makes for a more efficient sign in process. if there is a problem the support staff is quick to respond and help find an solution to whatever your issue is.

Cons

I have no serious cons to list. the only slight complaint I would have would be the limited ability to design and customize fonts for the home page.

Response from The Receptionist

Replied January 2018

Thank you for posting a review about The Receptionist for iPad! I am so glad you are enjoying our Radical Support. I am going to add your request for additional design and customization for the Home Screen to our feature request log. Thank you for being a member of The Receptionist Family! Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

August 2016

Izudin from Bossard North America, Inc.

August 2016

Simple, awesome, it works!

We came across this solution about a year ago. Back then it offered all we could possibly want but these folks keep adding new features and it just gets better and better!

Pros

Simplicity to setup and use.

Cons

None

Response from The Receptionist

Replied August 2016

Hi Izudin, Thank you so much for your kind review. I am really happy that the system is working for you and your company! Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you and Bossard. Thank you for being a member of The Receptionist family! Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

The work of a Receptionist without having a Receptionist

This software worked really great, as it allowed us to keep track of who entered the building and what their needs were.

Pros

Very low cost. A wide variety of customizable options. Extreme functionality. You can receive visitor notifications via sms, email or both. Detailed visitor log. Continuous updates.

Cons

There are no cons. The software worked just fine, meeting all of our organization’s needs. Would recommend.

Response from The Receptionist

Replied May 2020

Thank you for leaving a review! I'm glad to hear that we can help your team keep an accurate log of all of your visitors, and the reason for their visitI know how important that is in the government space. We're continually working on providing updates and new features to our customers, so it's good to see your team enjoys all the functionalities we offer. Thank you again! -Kayla Hollenbaugh, Digital Campaigns Manager

Amir from Winbond Technology

Industry: Semiconductors

Thank you The Receptionist!

Pros

- The ease of daily usage & super easy to implement. - Saas - Everything on cloud, nothing to backup, nothing to care about.

Cons

- Expensive. - No Tablet Android Support.

Response from The Receptionist

Replied November 2019

Hi Amir! Thank you so much for leaving such a positive review of our software. It means a lot when IT Managers like yourself highlight how easy our system is to set up and manage. We know you hold us to a high standard! Cheers, Sincerely Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com