• Pros

• "The voice quality and the price per seat are very competitive. The phone and computer apps offer seamless presence, and the ability to bounce calls from one device to another is nice. "

• "I love that we are able to set up different options for when our business is closed or for holidays. "

• "Great for business and allows professional platform to do much with my clients. Even when I'm away, I can communicate easily. "

• Cons

• "While I like the setup now, it was difficult actually getting the portals and everyone setup. "

• "Connectivity through phone/data can be slow, but allows it to function well."

• "SO MANY CONS. Terrible service, pricing is awful, phones are often down, the interface is SO DIFFICULT, changing anything is so difficult to accomplish. "

Browse Business VoiceEdge Reviews

Adriana from Health Quest Chiropractic

We love Business VoiceEdge! We know that our phone system is as professional as can be!

This is a cutting-edge phone system. We are able to manage our phones from our cell phone, messages, lines, conference, etc.

Pros

Cons

The price. VoiceEdge added to our telephone/internet expense. Comcast always has specials and promotions for new services but the expense increases after the promotion expires. I would like to have a set price that does not vary so much from year to year.

Daniel from FBC Hickory Withe

VoiceEdge is a solid phone system that meets all of our needs.

Pros

This internet phone system is super easy to use and has a lot of great features that are all customize-able through a web browser. You can setup and change hunt groups with the simple click of a button.

Cons

I wish there was a way to differentiate incoming calls by the line that they are dialing but that function is not available at this time.

Andrew from BACA Systems

Works for basic needs

Pros

this system was simple, but it almost became to simple and lacked flexibility

Cons

the Comcast team had our account separated into multiple accounts and was never able to join then back together. this lead to billing problems for years.

Chris from Action Lift Inc.

Not A Great VOIP option for the Money

I would not recommend this to anyone even being a customer personal of Comcast for over 5 years this program needs to be reworked and not every IT department should be penalized over some other admins making mistakes on their configurations.

Pros

The only thing I like about this software is that once it is fully configured it is pretty much set it and forget it.

Cons

This list is long; For starters not allowing IT to fully control the phone is absurd. Working in IT I need to sit on their phone with the support to do the most basic things, like rebooting a phone REMOTELY! The response i received from a Support Rep was due to some IT admins screwing phones up in their company and calling for help was too much for Comcast to try and troubleshoot so they lock everyone out of remote accessing the phones. Next on the list is business hours scheduling. It is just very confusing and their was no documentation on configuring it in the admin guide or training before implementing. One final con that makes me regret this software is the lack of features and things you can do in other Vendors. Ring Central for instance allows IT to order a phone and pay through the portal and get invoiced after the phone is received without calling and waiting to speak to a representative. This you have to call the 888 number and verify your account then tell them you need a new seat one and give them all the user detail and then you wait 10 or more days to receive the phone and have the user created.

Paul from Nxtbook Media

Industry: Publishing

Good Service, weird app interface

Pros

Very stable when using softphone or app on cell phone.

Cons

The user interface was hard to navigate and often resulted in confusion of whether my phone was forwarding correctly or not.

Michael from Special Events Management

Good with Caveats - Read if you are considering deploying

Pros

Cons

If you need to make any changes to your service, they will tell you it takes 7 to 10 business days. This has happened to me three times since our service was turned up. When we had Ring Central, if I wanted to add a new toll free number (which we do with some regularity), they would have the number assigned to our account while I was on the phone. With Comcast, the same request takes 7-10 business days. Here is another major problem. I brought this up during the sales process, and my hunch has been proven correct. When Comcast goes down, it goes down over a wide area. And it goes down for long periods of time. Anywhere from 4 hours to TWO DAYS. They will feed you a line of BS that one service could go down (internet) while another service (like phone) can continue to work because each type of service uses a different signal across the line. Don't buy it. It's a blatant lie. Whether residential or business, Comcast couldn't care less about your business downtime. This reality irks me about Comcast. We've had service for 3 years and have between 4 and 5 major outages each year.

tom from Retail Research Group

Worst phone system ever

This is the worst decision we made switching to Voice Edge. The phone does not work like they said. Cannot place a call on hold and pick it up on a different phone without hitting a bunch of buttons. Customer service is terrible, they know there is a problem but do nothing to fix it. Was told it would be $ for them to send someone out to train us on how to use the phones. They are terrible do not get Voice Edge. WE are stuck with a phone system we hate and does not work for us. Comcast could not careless.

Pros

Phone quality ok, looks nice.

Cons

Hard to use, cannot place a call on hold without hitting several different buttons, hate it, customer service terrible

Kellie from Rumer-Loudin, Inc.

Save Yourself Aggravation

See above comments. The Panasonic phones are terrible.

Pros

I liked what I was TOLD it would do for us.

Cons

The speed of customer service is terrible. Comcast cannot react to the speed businesses need. Things will be set fine and we don't change anything, then a problem will suddenly occur and the process to get it resolved it PAINFUL. Their onboarding is left up to the tech who just wants to get done and move on. They do what they can, but they have other jobs waiting on them. The resources and search is horrible. The chat customer service doesn't know what they are doing most of the time and then your problem is escalated to Tier 2, with no direct way to communicate with them, they tell you a problem is solved, when it isn't. Be prepared to go days with no resolution. See what good old AT&T has solution wise and stick with a company that knows phones.

Reasons for Choosing Business VoiceEdge

Liked how we were told it would operate.

Natasha from Skin By Nas

Industry: Cosmetics

Comcast Business

Pros

When your service goes out a tech is abalone either same day or 24 hrs. Their internet is great

Cons

Service goes out continuously. Unable to retrieve voicemails some times. Customer service is sometimes hard to deal with.

Rick from Carnegie library of homestead

Truth about it

Like I explained techs are decent! Everyone else horribly in-caring condescending, rude, hard to reach, they never answer. Over all we made a mistake.

Pros

Well clarity is great internally, out calls is average,

Cons

The lies your fed from sales dept of Comcast, Customer service very rude, training for the phone is very quick and they know it but don’t want to help you know it ?? Very rushed and impersonal! No Comcast employee wants to talk to you after it’s sold. But most of all the installation team ! Well the techs that arrive are decent. The leader you email with who is in charge of instal. Lack of nice words she was like a robot a rude un-caring robot also so was sales team! Would not recommend this to no one look at other options!

Lili from Car Art LLC

Stuck with you

Pros

The software is easy to use for our small business. Comcast Business works better than AT&T. We use the software daily and know we are getting a good deal for the service.

Cons

We use the software daily and rely on it fully. Although for the most part it works fine, there are times when the software lags or every so often we lose service and are out of phone and internet for hours. We are at their mercy and cannot continue work without the service.

Sue from DHCC

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Like being able to control the features

Pros

We switched to Comcast Business VoiceEdge a couple of years ago. While there have been problems, the customer service is pretty dependable. The online portal allows me to manage all of the features easily. The app is a great feature too!

Emily from Home Instead Senior Care

Great phone system

Pros

Business VoiceEdge is very useful. Once you figure out how to use it. It has really helped cutting down on scam phone calls that come thru our phone system after hours. I love the functionality and customisability of the system.

Cons

At first using this system can be extremely frustrating. I can't count the amount of time I spent on the phone with customer service trying to understand. Customer service is great once you get to the actual person which can take a long time.

Sherri from RAM Fire Protection, Inc.

NOT for business

We went to Comcast to save money. Opposite effect! First they fried our phone system by installing their equipment wrong and backfeedng the signal. Then they refused to take responsibility and referred me to their subcontractor. Then it took over a week to get our phones numbers ported over so we had no company phones. Funny things was, all we had to say was that we were trying to switch over to Comcast and everyone was understanding (I guess they already knew how bad Comcast was). That should have chased us of their service butt we decided to stick with it since it was so difficult to switch all communications over. Now, their equipment had failed and we are waiting for days for a tech. We are a business that is basically shut down without internet and phones. We were told a tech will be here between 10 and 12 today, however, that turned out to be incorrect. The 2 hour windows are for residential customers, business customer windows are actually 4 hours! So the people relying on the service to be reliable for their literal livelihoods are less important! I am posting this via my cell phone - that is how sick and tired I am of Comcast! If you are considering them for your company's service, do so at your own peril!

Pros

Can't think of one. I can't even say price as they have cost us so muck money with the problems they have caused!

Cons

Horrible customer service. Total lack of responsibility. These habe been my experiences all the way up to the corporate offices

Hillary from Sugarhouse Self Storage

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Very fast and at a good price!

It was efficient, quick, and easy to use! I am happy to pay the price for it.

Pros

I love that Comcast is quick and fast. If we have had any problems we have been able to contact Customer support and get the help needed. The price is good for what we are getting!

Cons

I have enjoyed everything. Customer support did put me on hold for a little while, but other than that no complaints!

Berkeley from Emerson Home Services

Business VoiceEdge had many excellent features to help a business run smoothly!

Pros

The program works on a cloud based phone system. The program really does save time and money! I love the many calling features that helps raise the productivity of the business.

Cons

At first it was complex to figure out configuration, and to add a phone or a line. In my experience there are not too many significant complaints from my end. I'm pretty well satisfied!

Amber from TQS, Inc.

Excellent value for the money!

If you are looking for an affordable product with all the bells and whistles, look no further.

Pros

It was extremely easy to use, once I got familiar with it. After about 20-30 minutes of playing around with it I was able to EVERYTHING I needed to do. It's certainly increased my productivity, and it was even mentioned in my employee review recently. Thank you, I'm very pleased with the software.

Cons

There was very little I disliked. Sure, their are more expensive programs out there with more features, but nothing beats the value of this product.

Andrew from Media Audits International

Not for the faint hearted or the impatient.

From day 1 our BVE experience has been frustrating. You get the feeling that Comcast isn't quite sure how to use their own system. Tech support is hard to deal with and even the smallest change request has to go through a procedure that takes, at a minimum 3 business days and most of the time 7+ business days. That can equate to nearly two weeks to add a new user for example. We're in 2018, not 1988. Nothing technology related should take that long to complete. I'm currently waiting for them to turn on international dialing. This is something we told them 3 months ago we needed and they still haven't figured out how to do it. Like I said. It feels like they're not sure how to run their own system. Amateurish at best. Incompetent at worst. We will be looking for a new provider as soon as the contract is up.

Pros

POE, brand name equipment. Soft-phone works well. Many options and features to choose from. User friendly portal.

Cons

Slow client support to change any service. 7-10 business days. No accountability for their mistakes.

Yolonda from Home decor

Business edge

Pros

I liked the fact that you can receive and leave messages for someone that's not available

Cons

I didn't like the fact that I couldn't erase all the messages at one time you have to go in and delete them one by one

A good way to manage calls and numbers for a small organization

Managing forwarding calls to cell phones, voicemails, and team members.

Pros

For a small to mid business that isn't ready for a full-on PBX, voice edge is a decent option allowing a good amount of flexibility and control over calls, numbers, devices and team members. For a remote team and especially any company that involves a sales organization, this is a good starter to intermediate option.

Cons

Comcast has a relatively poor reputation for a reason - their entire company culture and management team is based on the idea that they are a monopoly whose sole reason for existing is to separate customers from their money and issue it to executives and stockholders through rate hikes, various fees and charges.

Lucas from S.B. Collins, Inc.

Cloud Hosted SIP made easy

We decided to implement VoiceEdge in our corporate office and c-stores. It's very convenient for the stores to just be able to dial an extension and reach the corporate office

Pros

The best thing with VoiceEdge is no equipment to maintain or worry about

Cons

The sales people have a tendency to overstate what their product is capable of without confirming with the actual engineers....

Business Calls from Anywhere

Pros

As a solo practitioner, having the ability to screen calls as they come without having to be at the office is a real plus. Watching the call come through on my iPhone and/or Apple Watch allows me to be attentive to calls in a timely manner. Even if I am not able to answer right away, the option to listen to my voicemail from the app without having to call in to the office helps keep my office running smoothly.

Cons

From time to time the app fails to recognize my fingerprint and requires me to re-enter my password. When I first started using the app, this became a nuisance. Since then it has happened less frequently. Hopefully the kinks have been worked out.

Comcast Business VoiceEdge

Very nice experience and since using we've increased our efficiency with communication to clients and have increased revenue by 20%.

Pros

Cons

Connectivity through phone/data can be slow, but allows it to function well.

Sue from DHCC

Once you get it figured out, it's a great tool to have

Pros

I love all of the features it offers and how so many things can be done remotely. It helps with working from home and changing phone setting from home.

Cons

It was pretty complicated to start with; there was a lot to learn. Definitely need to have someone from Comcast walk you through it.

Randi Jo from Steiner Family Chiropractic

Comcast has been wonderful for our business phone and internet.

Pros

What I like most about Comcast for my business is how easy and fast it is to communicate with customer support.

Cons

What I like least about Comcast for my business is how I am paying for a package that includes TV but we do not use it in our office.

Comcast Business is great for my company. It is reliable and affordable.

Pros

It allows me easy access to voicemails and call forwarding has also come in very handy in times where I am not at the office.

Cons

I have had a few instances of calls not being recorded. Other than that I have not run into any other major issues.

Barb from Etesian Wealth Advisors

Can't wait till the contract is up!

Wave off this product if you are thinking of it.

Pros

The call quality is good, that is about all I can say.

Cons

There is no support. Also, if you pick up the phone, in say - the kitchen - and need to get to your computer to answer a question on the call, you must, put the kitchen phone on hold, run to your office phone, pick it up, run back to the kitchen, hang up that phone, run back to your office and take the call. Only slightly better than tin cans. And it is expensive.

Chris from Boat dealership

Selling a de-railed system that can't be fixed.

Comcast has no control over how your caller ID is posting to your out going lines. We get calls for other local businesses coming in daily. We also get hammered with ghost calls. This phone system will undermining your business and frustrate your customers. AND no one including engineers at Comcast can fix it. These systems should be considered fraud unless the go through a testing process before paying customers are used as Ginny Pigs.

Pros

The physical phones that we're supplied with the failed system. The great sales pitch they give full of lies.

Cons

Incorrect line ID for your outbound lines, confusing your customers. Receiving calls daily for other local businesses, undermining your own businesses. Engineers that can't fix any of the repeating issues, complete waist of time. A barrage of ghost calls that never stop.

Derek from Fast & Easy Moves

Great internet HORRIBLE PHONE SYSTEM & CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Don’t use them.

Pros

Great internet!

Cons

They make it hard to leave and hang up when trying to contact retention team. Phone system lacks features such as voice recording, app is horrible, and constantly denied disconnect request and said I owe them a additional 2 years to buyout and I signed a contract saying I agreed to it when in reality I didn’t. They have you on a long hold and wait to finish the disconnect process and said it’ll take 60 day notice before I can leave and hold my phone number hostage it’s a real frustrating experience I am almost at a point to where I would rather just get a new number which is horrible for business.

Faith from New Church Development

Industry: Philanthropy

Terrible Service, Terrible Company

Pros

The ONLY pro is being able to "be anywhere" by using my cell phone. I can set it to "be anywhere" and it will also call my cell phone so I can still answer my phone calls while away without giving out my cell phone number

G from Fogelman

Business voiceedge makes voicemail available at anytime you are not in the office.

Pros

Business Voice edge helps employees never miss a call by providing you access through computer, tablet, cellphone and email transcription.

Cons

Business voicedge is not very user friendly at first. It takes sometime to figure out how to maneuver across the platform. Once you get used to the program it is not that bad.

Jessy from Medical office

No emails .Cloud solution nobody answers.Too busy because if hurricanes

Very good regarding billing.

Pros

Frustrated every other month Comcast has problems Working for Comcast should be very good.Vacations.

Cons

Hurricanes in Atlantic Ocean shuts Comcast down .Billing is great No services.Small businesses cannot run without phones,email services but Comcast does not get that

Gregory from Tri Star Metals

Industry: Mining & Metals

Terrible portal, customer service and sales team

Just awful. I can't wait for our contract to expire.

Pros

The phone app (when it works). Phones are included with the price.

Cons

The sudden loss of service for our 800 numbers, hunt group setup, terrible support, and no help from the sales team. Their portal is the worst one I have worked with. Even their support people can't figure it out. Getting a new phone or reassigning a phone to a new location can take weeks.

Reasons for Choosing Business VoiceEdge

We use their fiber network.

kyra Marco Luicco from Espo Engineering Corporation

voice edge softphone

Pros

I really like how clear it is, how easy to use the software user friendly to be short. can be downloaded to phone, pc, laptop, tablet

Cons

like what I've said, the app is easy to use but there will always be a down side that needs to be fixed/improved software can only be downloaded to smartphone with only selected countries. I cannot find the feature for 3ways calls, call forwarding etc. specially for pc software

Larkin from Employ Partners

Buyers Beware

Pros

There are a number of useful features with VOIP. The software has many capabilities if you can learn them.

Cons

The install was horrific! I have 12 phones in my office and the installation guy got them working with a dial tone and then walked out leaving us to figure out how to use them, configure it for our use and learn how to even transfer calls. It was an awful experience and Comcast was not helpful at all. For almost 4 days our phones rang to some random person's voicemail and couldn't even get to us. Comcast DOESN'T CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS. They haven't even discounted our bills for all of this. You have to practically have a cheat sheet to be able to learn how to use certain features. I was hoping for simplicity and got complexity.

Jeff from Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Horrible horrible people to deal with

Easily the most deceptive company that I have ever done business with.

Pros

Our business was seriously screwed over by Comcast Business VoiceEdge. There are no "Pros" to be taken.

Cons

Deceitful sales people. The inability to switch back to our old analog phone service due to the "retention" department runaround. We had two contracts to return to our old service. When we never heard from the tech we called to find there was no record of these contracts. Got new disconnect/reconnect contracts. No show again. Called back and once again no one at Comcast had any record of the previous two contracts. Complete and utter scam by their retention department. Our only recourse is to switch to verizon and pay off the Comcast bill. DO NOT under any circumstances put your business into this same circumstance.

Rob from GWA

Voice Edge nightmare

From the day we signed the contract we have had NOTHING but problems. From porting our numbers, this took 2 months, to getting simple service they have been dismal. An update to the phones was pushed out about a month ago and I have had issues since. Now they tell me that my switch is bad because every night at 11:56pm all the phones stop communicating with their hardware. I have replaced the switch with no luck and they just keep pointing the finger at me. I have told them I will gladly replace what ever is broken so please send someone out to diagnose the issue. No one has come or offered any help other than saying "Its not our hardware". Keep in mind I have NOTHING else plugged into these switches expect their hardware and still no help

Pros

Quality of the lines is good.

Cons

Service is the worst i have ever had to deal with.

Caleb from Randy's Auto Care

Great phone service!

Pros

I like that I can pick up my phone and know that a call isn't going to get dropped. The fee for theis service is great too!

Cons

I wasn't too happy after getting off the phone with customer service just because the other person on the other line was short with me.

BRUCE from IMAGE 360

Industry: Machinery

Do not spend your money for this system.

Horrible in all ways. Ready to toss out onto the road and not pay another dime

Pros

Hard to use and Comcast offers no support. No rep and no help.

Cons

Hard to use and no support when you cant figure things out. No human will take any iniciative at comcast to help even after months of complaints!

I made a hugh mistake

Mary from MONROY DRIVING SCHOOL

Waist of money and time

We got this phone system service because the sales representative said that it was an amazing system and that we will would get all the features we needed. Since day one, the phone call quality was 50% static and we were never able to set up Auto Attendant. The tech who came to help us even said to switch companies :)

Pros

Truly, I don't have any pros that I can think of.

Cons

The features that were guaranteed were not there. Auto attendant did not work AT ALL. Tech came out to show us how to do everything, and they ended up leaving saying they didn't know what to do. I have yet to get a reply via email. Waste of money.

Chad from Brittany

Worst System Ever

Pay extra and save yourself the headache!

Cons

There are a lot of cons but the biggest is the customer service. Your first call is always to someone that has no clue on how to fix your problem. You have to waste a half hour for them to figure this out, even if you tell them right away you need to talk to the next line of there defense. Then you have to wait 2-4 hours for the next level support to call you.

Lindsay from Airline

Don’t use them

Do not go through them they are so complicated

Pros

Quick to set up if you opt to use their services. I have nothing else positive to say about this service

Cons

When your product isn’t working or set up right there is no help. When you’re ready to cancel the service they don’t know how. So you will be charged until it’s cancelled which so far has taken a year and still isn’t resolved. I’ve contacted their company twice a month for a year and they still are unknowing on how to cancel your account

Deirdre from Turbo Tax

Great voice quality

Pros

This app has a seamless interface, and the ability to maneuver calls from one device to another is pretty cool.

Cons

Takes a long time to get customer service when you need it most. I'd like to have a multi select to delete more than one message at a time.

Paul from Mt Laurel Primary Care Physicians

Stay away

This was the biggest mistake I have made. Implementation was chaotic, nothing worked as promised and after 9 months we have a system that barely functions to meet our needs. Features we needed and were told are available are not. Get a different support person each time we call

Pros

We can at least make and receive calls-most of the time

Cons

Service and customer support/response is horrible.

Ed from Cantarella & Associates P.C.

Unrelenting torture, leading to a lose of several hours a day since installation.

I wish I could leave a negative rating. I don't even like their ringtones. The phone is black - it will show dust. The LCD screen is too small - seecomments below.

Cons

Functionality is poor, user settings are a mix of on-the-phone and through their online portal. Display box when phone rings block the receptionist(me) from seeing what users are currently on a line. The feel of the phone(material) is a bit slippery(slightly bumpy) and the handset is very uncomfortable to hold because of that. Plus the space between the earpiece and the mouthpiece is too small(tight) for a user with a larger hand. Not talking gorilla hand, just a larger, man's hand.

May 2016

Aliya from Accounting Solutions First

1.5

1.5

May 2016

Not Impressed

Pros

It's easy to access someone over the phone to assist you.

Cons

The software is not very user friendly. You typically have to call for technical assistance.