(2,158)

2,158

(1,559)

1,559

• Pros

• "Easy to use and install was quick. Really enjoyed using the software!"

• "Very easy to use, user friendly, quality of software is very satisfying "

• "Amazing interface. All of the features they have are easy to use and support is quick to assist with any issue you may have."

• Cons

• "great software but cannot work without stable internet."

• "Sometimes it's a little hard to hear, and there is a lag in video. but other than that it definitely does it's purpose. "

• "The new version has very visible and accessible controls but at times they overshadow portions of the small portions of the screen when presentations are shared. "

Browse Cisco Webex Reviews

David from Qualtech Technologies Inc.

Host Meetings Professionally!

Cisco WebEx keeps our meetings professional for both internal users and clients we work with! We've noticed that most people are familiar with the software and have used it before so it makes hosting meetings even easier.

Pros

WebEx is really easy to use and setup! From both the view point of the admin setting up a meeting or an end user who was invited to a meeting, it's all really simple! I especially enjoy how WebEx will automatically adjust for time zone changes since many meetings I'm joining or hosting are with people on the other side of the country. Screen sharing also works really well, usually I'd experience some bandwidth issues with other software but for some reason WebEx works wonderfully!

Cons

The only con I can think of is that sometimes if I'm joining a meeting that I have scheduled in my Google Calendar it won't work correctly. It should be able to load the meeting invite and join as intended but I usually find myself having to manually enter the meeting ID, attendee ID, and passcode.

Reasons for Choosing Cisco Webex

It was pricier than most but because WebEx is such a familiar name with lots of users and so simple to use we felt the price and ROI was justified.

Krishna from Cleveland Metroparks

Good and Bed Sides

We are using Webex on day o day basis for meetings, Its helpful to get everyone on same page. It has so many good feature, ease of use but for Web developers or people in IT it's little difficult to work between shared screen feature. Overall I like the product.

Pros

The Web Application is good as it will give notification to join meetings directly.It has helpful features like Share Screen, Chatting, You can get a grid or detailed view if its Face to Face Meeting.

Cons

It is too hard to share screen and toggle if you are using multiple screens. You need to make sure evrytime you are sharing right screen.

Reasons for Choosing Cisco Webex

Cisco is known for its Network and Security. Security was concern for us so we made a switch

Steve from Thomson Reuters

How the mighty have fallen

WebEx used to be great software. Now it is mediocre software that is overpriced and underfeatured. Asking a question on a Cisco forum about WebEx has the moderator close your question and redirect you to a WebEx site. WebEx is past its prime, and it shows in the lack of revolutionary or even maintenance features in the WebEx client. Nearly any other choice will be cheaper and offer a better experience to users.

Pros

WebEx was the default leader in virtual meetings. Subsequent to its acquisition by Cisco, things got markedly better. The tool had broad integration with scheduling tools like Outlook, and the (relatively) recent addition of the ability to attend a meeting using only a browser is an added bonus for people who lack administrative rights on their PCs.

Cons

With stiff competition from Microsoft's Skype for Business, the venerable GoToMeeting, and newer arrivals like Slack and Zoom, WebEx is now a choice amongst many. When WebEx works, it does so decently at best. It suffers from bandwidth issues, even with only two participants in the same building. Furthermore, if a large enterprise buys an account, they are given "dedicated" support. When the client recently kept crashing every time I joined a meeting, I called the WebEx support number. After a half hour, I was told I needed to be transferred to our company's dedicated support team, who (after an hour of not being able to fix my problem) said I needed to be transferred to Cisco. Their agents wanted me to roll back device drivers (that hadn't been updated in over three months) and even suggested I may need to reinstall my operating system! I told them I had no issues with any of the other tools I use daily (Hangouts, Slack, Zoom, Skype for Business) and that I could attend a WebEx meeting if I used a browser. The agents only knew how to read from a script, and still haven't solved my problem.

Jenny from Meyerson Software

It connects all sectors of our company.

It connects all sectors of our company, today 70% of our employees are working from home and Cisco Webex is the best tool we could choose for our meetings, interviews, collaborative groups, joint projects and videoconferences, it helps to be more coordinated when working on projects with different edges and development teams, it offers video calls, private and group chat, voice and video meetings with many participants, video training conferences for freelancers and allows to share all kinds of documents.

Pros

Cisco Webex is an excellent communication tool, it has allowed us to change our meeting habits by allowing us to attend any meeting remotely and organize personalized interviews with other colleagues, it allows me to record meetings and video conferences and then edit them and create tutorials, it integrates with Office, IBM and Google tools, it also offers good audio quality without ambient noise.

Cons

The mobile app can sometimes be a headache for meetings with many attendees.

Atir from ASCAP

Best for Large Organization

Overall it is great, and I am not sure if there’s any other option available with so many options like Meeting Rooms Digital Board, softwares for Mac, Windows and Cell phones.

Pros

With all the hardware and software well integrated together with in a network is really great. Using a WebEx Drawing Board or sharing presentation to the team, Schedule meeting and Calling functionality is great. WebEx Teams is also a great software well integrated with your overall Organisation.

Cons

Cisco WebEx Teams and Cisco Webex sometimes gets confused to join meeting. Sometime I have to use web version to join a meeting just because Teams is not able to connect.

Vaibhav from Infosys

Webex- Meeting collaboration

Running BluePrint Workshops with large- 40+ team on the webex, Daily touchbase- again 30+ member team; breakaway sessions- 4-8 members on webex etc. All have been smooth

Pros

Easy, Intuitive good use of the available area. Can handle many users together on webex- voice, video and Screenshare. Voice quality is also good. Easy to join the meeting- and also good integration with outlook as well as desktop app.

Cons

Not much... Overall a good product. Some organizations skip the call back feature which in my understanding is useful. But its more of the user company to decide on the features to include in their implementation

Cisco Webex allows us to be productive every day during the COVD19 outbreak

Using the Cisco Webex product during the COVD19 work from home model allows us to run our business remotely even though we are not physically present in an office.

Pros

Cisco Webex is extremely easy to use allowing us to host meetings whether for 2 people up to 20000 people. It has excellent sound and video quality.

Cons

The software install on the user machine is a little slow and requires administrative rights in certain cases. Sometimes the software has to be reinstalled to function correctly.

Reasons for Choosing Cisco Webex

Cisco Webex has been an industry leader for some time and uses state of the art encryption technology to protect our meetings.

Barbara from NPC4NPO

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Webex is a good collaboration tool during the pandemic

Supporting Board Meetings during the Pandemic. Also collaborating on system design for a new online portal.

Pros

Easy to use from a browser without having to install a product on your machine. You can choose wether or not to use the video feature (in case you don’t feel presentable)

Cons

The free version offers lots of features for a large number of logged in participants and lengthy meeting times but doesn’t let you set up groups like other tools.

Reasons for Choosing Cisco Webex

Used it when I was a consultant for EDS/HP and feel it’s a solid product with good support.

Youssef from WonderEight

One of the earliest conferencing tools

We've been using webex for 5 years now and we're satisfied with the quality of the calls. We most face issues with clients connecting for the first time and sometimes the web version takes a lot of time to load when starting a call

Pros

It was one of the earliest tools, it has all the needed features and allows people to dial in on phone numbers in various countries in the world

Cons

Accessing the web interface is slow, scheduling or starting a call takes a lot of time compared to their new competitors

Reasons for Choosing Cisco Webex

Zoom was preferred by most of our clients and unblocked in some of our presence countries where other communication platforms are blocked

Alexandra from RusCoupon

Great platform for video meetings

I took classes via Cisco Webex Meetings and some of our students even participated via phone. It was fun. Everybody seemed have no problems with joining class. Neither had teacher any complications.

Pros

It's so easy to use this App. All members of our group were able to install app and connect and participate in our classes. Teacher did not have any problems with sharing screen with us. Sound, video and connection were always great. I took classes via Cisco Webex Meetings and some of our students even participated via phone. It was fun

Cons

I have not noticed anything I dislike. I have not used it for hosting video meetings though but I plan to.

Solid platform for setting up internal and external meetings, with a few drawbacks

Aside from the few drawbacks mentioned above, overall I have had a relatively good experience using Cisco WebEx for both team as well as client meetings. It's easy to share the dial-in information with the clients, schedule meetings, and set up calls using different rooms. In the future, if there is a way to allow an original host to EXIT a meeting without ending the call altogether, that would be very helpful.

Pros

I use WebEx meetings almost daily for work - for both internal and external check-ins. Pretty straightforward navigation, once you get the hang of setting up a room (either personal or client-facing) the platform is quite easy to navigate. At my meeting we have WebEx integrated with peoples' calendars, so when I schedule a meeting on WebEx it allows me to easily see my coworkers' availability which is definitely a plus - good ease of integration with other applications. Interface is simple enough that the main functions (setting up a meeting, sharing meeting info) are easy to use and I have not had issues with this software unexpectedly crashing which is an added bonus.

Cons

One of my main gripes is regarding shared rooms (ex. other members on your team are able to start/stop the meeting if you're unavailable). One of the recurring issues with shared rooms is that they all use the same call-in number and pin. With that said, if there are back-to-back meetings using the same room, and the earlier meeting runs over, we run the risk of clients calling into a call that is still going on, which creates confusion and can have us coming off as unprofessional. I have avoided this issue in the past by creating internal check-ins using my own personal room, however the drawback to this is that - if I'm unavailable for any reason - the meeting cannot be started by anyone other than myself. For back-to-back meetings, if there's a way for new users to be put into a waiting room until AFTER the previous meeting has completed ended, that may avoid these issues in the future. Another issue is that if I set up simultaneous meetings in both my personal and shared rooms, there is no way I can remove myself from the first meeting without it ending the call altogether. I have not found a way to assign someone else as the host, so if there have been simultaneous meetings (where I am just listening in the background) I have had to juggle this by calling into one meeting using my laptop, and calling into the second using my phone. It works, but it's not very efficient.

Oscar from Soluciones Telco

Webex - Excellent for collaboration

In general I found it a very useful tool. I mainly use the conference module, but the support module has given us very good results. The extensions for browsers or for Outlook have been helpful, as well as the desktop application.

Pros

It is a very easy to use tool and compatible with several devices. It allows us to collaborate from our cell phones or PC. The fact that you can dial a number to join the conference gives you more frexibility to collaborate with third parties. Security with passwords for meetings can be improved. Serving for remote support is quite useful as well.

Cons

The price could be a disadvantage compared to other software or similar app's. I think it needs to have more flexible plans.

Reasons for Choosing Cisco Webex

Using Webex we can cover what was done with Zoom and with TeamViewer.

Ravinder from Unitedlex

Cisco Webex - one of the best tool to conduct online virtual meeting with great security

Being a legal service company and as per the company’s legal compliance, we have chosen the Cisco WebEx. In terms of legal compliance, the security of Cisco WebEx is quite good. We generally use it to conduct an online meetings with vendors and clients.

Pros

Cisco WebEx is the one-stop solution for online virtual meetings. Cisco Webex features include document, application and desktop sharing, Integrated audio and VOIP for toll-free calling, and Video Conferencing. Online meetings can be recording, editing, and played back later for retrieve useful information. The best feature I like is audio to text transcripts that WebEx creates for each meeting. So, you can choose to automatically receive recording transcriptions and you don’t have to focus on making notes during your meeting. Webex support integration with popular other software including Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office, IBM Lotus Notes and other IM solutions. Cisco WebEx is a cloud bases solution and meetings can be joined using desktop, browser, or mobile device with any client or additional plug-ins. Audio and Video quality are good and reduces background noises which may cause distractions. Cisco WebEx provides industry-leading security to each meeting held on its platform.

Cons

The mobile app seems to have functionalities as compared to the desktop app. The issue with audio and video over slower networks can be improved. Integration with third-party software can be improved. It usually takes time if you drop off in an ongoing meeting and then tries to rejoin again.

Malith Madhawa from Hiel Associates (Pvt) Ltd

Best for Virtual Meetings

First of all, I use the Cisco Webex for all professional meetings with my clients. It is convenient for me as most of my clients do use the software regularly. Additionally, it has saved my valuable time by slashing all unnecessary traveling time to clients' offices and subsequent waiting times. Secondly, it provides me the complete cybersecurity and end to end protection for my discussions. Cisco has committed to the highest international cybersecurity compliances and therefore I do not hesitate to share any confidential information through Cisco in my virtual meetings. Thirdly, this software has many features such as sharing files, digital whiteboards, background noise detection, and mute suggestions, wireless connection options, etc. These features have made my virtual meetings far more productive and effective. Especially, when I do presentations to my clients, I have complete peace of mind, which is very important to my daily business activities. Finally, yet importantly, it has given me the real value for the money I spent to purchase the software. Initially, I used the free version for a shorter period and it is inevitable to prevent yourself from purchasing the full version once you realized the beauty of this software.

Pros

Well, Cisco Webex Meetings offers the highest quality of audio and video outputs that anyone could expect from such a provider. It is fascinating and perfect for your crucial virtual meetings. The video quality is superb (may depend on your internet speed, device, and browser) and it has no disruptions nor freezings which waste your time as well as resources. The quality of the audio is also at the highest standards and it runs exactly along with the video by giving all participants the real-time experience unlike other software, which caters awkward and irritating experience when the video and audio do not flow the real-time. Then again, it supports any device you have. Let it be a smartphone, desktop computer, laptop, notepad or tab, Webex suits for any device. It is fantastic. Moreover, the easy installation process has made the software much more popular and effective. No downloads or plug-ins required. The instant connection between the registered devices and the meeting room is an excellent feature in Webex. You really do not need to connect your device manually, the software itself will do it for you once you enter into the meeting room.

Cons

So far I have not come across any drawbacks in this software as it perfectly, identified all customer requirements and provided them at their best quality.

EMEL from Ford Motor Company

Perfect meeting and communication management with Cisco WebEx

In overall I'm very happy to use Cisco WebEx meetings while working in the office or during the business travels. Sharing information, getting or giving training, meeting with the team members or foreigners from distance never had been easy this much. WebEx increases our communication and sharing capabilities with it's many features...

Pros

HD video and audio conferencing is probably the best positive side of WebEx. Connectivity oprions e.g. landline or internet call also good. While you make the meeting, you can share your screen or even control other user screens and make some actions while controlling their screen as well. There are lots of ways to effectively use WebEx. Firstly, you may use mobile version (IOS, Android) of WebEx and quickly connect to your meetings while on the go. Secondly there are different add ons such as MS Outlook add on. This enables one-click WebEx feature; so that you can either add meeting link to your invitation or instantly start a meeting by just one click from outlook menu. There are also other tools like Record Meetings or Productivity tool, these give you change to increase efficiency; again by just one or two clicks.

Cons

Latest version of the WebEx has a very lean interface which makes it elegant but on the other hand some user controls are kind of hidden or hard to reach so you may struggle in the first hand; but can get used to by the time. Another drawback is the lag or slow down issue while sharing or controlling screens. I think the severity depends on your connection speed; but this is likely to happen if you use control features much. Lastly, connection with WebEx server may be an issue time to time; but I don't see this as a critical issue as it may happen with other service providers as well.

Ozgur from Ford Motor Company

The best conferencing tool so far with audio, screen or video sharing features

I'm very happy with Cisco WebEx. Outlook integration makes the life very easy for the meetings. You can easily do the meeting management within your outlook. WebEx productivity tool enables you to access your agenda and shows what's next. By this way even outlook is closed you can manage your agenda or meetings. Mobile platform apps works properly and integrate you while on business travel. Sure there are some things to improve; but it is the best software I've experienced so far for meeting organizations. Interface is very elegant and attractive too.

Pros

WebEx have several tools like MS Outlook add-on and Productivity tool. These really make the office life easier while you are working during the day. Add-on is easily integrated to MS Outlook. By clicking meet now, you can easily create instant link and forward by mail, also by schedule meeting ribbon you to can easily add link invitation note. You can use productivity tool from the desktop and use all features with a small interface. User controls are good and can be easily managed. Mobile platform usage is a very big opportunity. I'm using IOS version of WebEx app most of the time while I'm away from the office. It is very convenient and easy to connect. You can use almost all the features.

Cons

One of the issues with WebEx is that it causes lag after sharing screen long time or when taking over other users' screen. If you are using headset (directly from your IP or land phone) then the audio quality is perfect; but if you are using only computer to connect, then voice quality drops significantly. Another issue is the connectivity problem with the WebEx server. This happens rarely; but you probably end up with cancelling te meeting. Interface is very elegant; but I somehow have difficulty to use some features, e.g. taking or giving control or annotate screen.

Cisco Webex - Better before

All in all, It is a great program and provides great convenience to all of us. I have also used some similar programs and I can easily say webex is the best at this point in time. However, I believe it is worth to work on the cons I mentioned above to make it even better, maybe perfect. I would like to thank to Cisco Webex for making business life easier for us.

Pros

It is one of the most helpful program in my business life. It makes the discussion easier. You can quickly set-up a meeting for anytime in the future. If you need to have a meeting immediately, one-click webex is the quickest way. During the meeting, you can annotate onto screen even if it is not your screen. It helps to have a better discussion. It is even possible to dictate another attandee's computer. I could not believe when I realized it. It is also possible to get the detail of the meeting including attandee list and you can even record your meeting.

Cons

There are two cons that I feel while using webex. First one is a new issue. After last update of webex, I do not think it is user-friendly enough anymore. I am having issues to control the meeting. It was better with old revision. I have no idea what is the driver of having this update but it obviously need another update. Last and most important one is the delay of the action for me. When I am controlling someone's screen or annotating on it, what I have done appears others computer late. Frankly, I do not know it is due to an issue with webex or internet connection but it sometimes makes communication harder.

WebEx Meeting Center better than Business Link

WebEx Meeting Center is the best software out there that is good for companies with 10,000+ employees. It is seamless and is easy to use. Never had any issues using this software!

Pros

When I started working, I was first introduced in using "Business Link" whenever we have client calls or conference bridge calls, and I thought that is already a great application used for conferences. However, when I transferred to Conduent (formerly known as Xerox) from Convergys, I now use WebEx Meeting Center whenever I do client calls, and conference calls with team members spread throughout the globe, and it surpassed my expectations. I or we (in the company) never had any problems using WebEx Meeting Center. WebEx Meeting Center is an easy to use software that lets you connect with people all around the globe at once without any worries of line interruption, inconvenient dialing-in process, and downtimes. WebEx Meeting Center lets team members record conference meetings and training, and this is very helpful since it provides us a video or file that we can cling to just in case we want to review what transpired on the call. Its video capability is also beneficial for me as a workforce manager since I can assess non-verbal cues of my clients, subordinates, and bosses.

Cons

This software is very convenient to use, and I think I can't ask for more, and I never had any problems using this software so I guess this is N/A for me.

Javier from BVS Technology Solutions

Cisco Webex Meetings - Meetings with everyone without limits

With Cisco Webex Meeting I can contact and work with anyone without leaving the office or my home. It allows me to support clients instantly, meet with colleagues who are in another country without having to travel or take distance training without the cost associated with the trip. Many of the daily meetings that work requires are resolved with this application without leaving the office.

Pros

Cisco Webex Meetings is the quintessential collaborative cloud platform. It allows users to have their own personal room to be able to meet up to 1000 people in the same meeting. It has video capacity of up to 200 participants, you can use a white board to show any idea in an instant and even share screen or give or take control of another device. All in one application. And the best part is that if you are near a Cisco video device, you can use proximity and define that device as an audio and video device instead of a cell phone or computer. If the guests do not have the application installed, it does not matter, from any browser they can join the meeting or from the cell phone. What more can you ask for a virtual meeting application?

Cons

Honestly there isn't much to say at this point. Maybe just mention that you need to be a computer administrator to be able to install the application that without it, you don't have the plug in in Office tools like Outlook. It would be good not to have this requirement and to be able to have the plug in without having the need to install the application.

Nick from Good Shepherd School

Pretty Good, but Could Use some Fine Tuning

We use it to video conference with potential vendors of software. It takes the place of the traveling salesman and it does a decent job of this. Despite its few drawbacks and hiccups, it works pretty well and does not require any sort of account to set up a meeting with a host. I would recommend this software.

Pros

It is relatively easy for me to set this software up for my users. Most of the time, we are the ones on the guest side of the session. We typically talk to other companies who are selling software and they use Webex to demo products. As far as getting into the session and getting set up it is easy as long as there is someone with admin privileges present. The video quality is okay, and the point usually gets across. It is nice that the host can share their computer screen for demos or presentations and it is nice that Webex does not require any user account creation to join a meeting. Also the ability to dial in to a conference call is wonderful if one side or the other is having sound or microphone problems.

Cons

It is impossible to set up Webex meetings on our domain without an administrator or technician being present. Webex requires a small program to be installed and this causes problems for end-users. They usually try to set it up themselves and mess something up or get stuck at the admin credentials screen. This is required every time someone schedules a Webex meeting. It has become such an issue that we ask users to let tech support know when the meeting is scheduled so we can make sure to be there.

Reasons for Choosing Cisco Webex

More people seem to use Webex and skype requires user accounts for each user. Webex offers more features as well as a bit better user privacy.

Archer from Ingram Micro

A cloud platform for virtual meeting with clients and colleagues through conference calls.

Cisco Webex Meeting is utilized routinely for daily work and scheduled meets ups. This classified platform is recommended for meeting establishers that want assisting technology.

Pros

Cisco Webex Meeting unites colleagues spread all over the world and as an incharge, continues to serve the best with hosting high quality video calls and webinars that cannot be easily and tolerably managed in one application. It tracks the frame of objects and automatically changes size according to the requirements of the clients. A screen can not only be shared among the visitors but also capturing photos of screen during meeting and staring the record can also be further taken. The video can not only be distributed but money can also be taken from sharing it with more viewers and more subscribers. The offensive content can be automatically exempted from the system for assurance of quality. It rather plays an active role in personalizing the brand stuff and creates your own things. It also instantly transcripts the voice and search what the person is telling it to do.

Cons

This software is in desperate need of starting threads for discussion during meeting and purposeful questionnaire development. Only one person can hold a meeting which limits the pattern for more than one host options. It should also enable the ability to see content that has been shared on your mobile to switch to large screening items.

The best platform that I've ever used for web conferencing and collaboration

Pros

What I like most about Webex is just how generally good it is. Of all the business applications that are used in my organization, Webex is one that I've come to trust that it will always be working, and working well. It is easy to use, and the quality of the calls are top notch. Our organization uses a number of web conferencing services, including some that we host internally on our own infrastructure, and I often recommend Webex over our own internal service as it is just that much better in terms of quality. Despite the fact that it lives outside our network, I have never noticed any bandwidth or performance issues, and this is saying something considering that our internet link is notoriously inadequate. Of the variety of external services that we do use, I've found that some are often finnicky or don't work, but Webex works 100% of the time. It is my go to for large scale meetings where quality and reliability are of the utmost importance, because I know that it will deliver.

Cons

One gripe I've always had with Webex are some of the quirks surrounding audio. For one, the functionality where call in users are linked with their web sessions is pretty weak. While you can certainly do that, I've found that people don't really understand how it works, and we typically end up with about 75% of call in users who are not linked, which can make it really difficult to figure out who is speaking. Improving that process would definitely enhance the experience. Also, integrated audio and teleconference audio do not seem to link, which is a bit odd and annoying,. it would be great to bridge those two audio services, so that all users can hear each other, regardless of which audio option they are using.

Ankit from Citiustech

The virtual video conferencing plate

Cisco's Webex meetings does solve it's purpose by creating and attending meetings. Even if the partner connected to it doesn't have a Cisco membership, he/she can join the meeting without any subscription. This turns out to be a big win to this software. I would recommend this software to all the organizations using it for meetings

Pros

Cisco's webex is the most simplest tool to install on any platform. There are few key points that makes this software different from the one used in the industry. Those key points are: 1. It is web-based tool , so it can be installed seamlessly within the browser by installing it in the extensions 2. It can be desktop-tool as well, so it can downloaded and installed on any operating system 3. It doesn't need any specific hardware and can work on almost any machine with min. pc configuration 4. It makes video conferencing and meetings easy and gets connected with low internet 5. It has IOS and Android support as well 6. The audio and video quality and screen sharing option is simply awesome 7. Meetings can be scheduled well in advanced and can be notified on emails

Cons

I do not find any major issues with this software but few things within the software can help improve it and can lead the software in the industry. Below are few cons that can be taken care by the company: 1. It it had file sharing options that would be a great feature while on video chat or screen sharing 2. During the discussion meeting, one can link the files using the drive option - this can be one feature that can be integrated 3. If this can be linked to some other applications 4. If it had chat options just like a messenger within the organization. For those who have installed cisco webex can see each other's id and name. It had been easy for them to add the folks into the meeting within the organization

Keerthi from Pfizer

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Most convenient meeting setup

Virtual collaboration with colleagues all over the world is simple and effective.

Pros

Generally I have to join a lot of meetings from different vendors using their meeting software but I find webex meetings from Cisco launch very quickly and it does not require any additional installation or setup. We click on the link that the invitee created and then it automatically starts the software if installed locally or asks for launching a temporary application in Chrome to start the meeting. All this process takes less than a minute to complete. Time is of the essence when trying to join back to back meetings. The software has very intuitive interface for dialing in, screen sharing and chatting. 3 major features visible on the front screen and all others neatly hidden. Sharing and whiteboarding is a breeze with the software. The coolest thing about this is that it has a mobile app that is as simple as the laptop interface. The software allows for recording the sessions and the output files are minimal in size for sharing. This means that the compression software is very good. Overall a great solution for conducting meetings virtually.

Cons

It would be great if there was an option to share browser screen on mobile devices.

Max from Treliant Risk Advisors

Cisco Webex (Great product with some issues)

For audio and video conference, I believe Webex is one of the best solutions. The moment you need to start doing screen share and other things, that is where Webex drops the ball. Too many issues to deal with. We have brought this to Cisco but they can only troubleshoot when the problem happens (which is normally when we are in a meeting). We cannot stop a meeting to call cisco to troubleshoot. And when we run some test with them, we cannot reproduce the errors.

Pros

When it works (which is 80-90% of the times), it is very solid. We do audio and video conference with Webex with our different offices, and we don't normally have issues with the quality.

Cons

Problems. 1) Sometimes the webex plugin for browsers do not work well. Specially when you need to present. Firefox plugin is broken. 2) Sometimes, you dial and seem to get through the meeting, but the meeting shows as not started, so as a meeting owner you need to hang up and dial back to try to restart the meeting. 3) Sometimes, you want to login to your Webex portal to make a meeting from there, and it will not log you in, but won't show any error. 4) Sometimes, when sharing screen and you want to pass control to another participant, they will be able to move the mouse, but they will be unable to click or type on your screen.

Reasons for Choosing Cisco Webex

Because it integrated very well with our Cisco phones and with Jabber.

Michael from MG Professional

Cisco Webex destroys competition

Cisco makes it easier to reach out to potential customers thousands of miles away, in a very clear format, and we are able to completely satisfy any and all areas of need.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it is easy to use, easy to train other folks on how to rationally use it, and when their is a problem, it's usually easy to troubleshoot. It makes communication easier than other platforms, by integrating new and top tier technology to allow satisfaction of all needs.

Cons

In all honesty, I can not recall a particular thing that I dislike about it at the moment. It has treated my company right.

Reasons for Choosing Cisco Webex

Cisco Webec has better support systems in place, uses the newest technology, and frankly in my opinion, allows for better results in the end.

Zack from Lockheed Martin

Industry: Defense & Space

Cisco WebEx is a great software for better communication.

I would recommended this efficient software for everyone because it is the best video conferences software in all over the world. I can easily connect myself with all my friends and colleagues and I can also share my knowledge and important information in a easier and instant way. The important thing about the Cisco WebEx is that it is not very expensive as compared to the other software's.

Pros

Cisco WebEx is a best communication tool. It is very easy to use and have great versatile features because here we can make international calls with audio and video calls and video conferences. it is the most convenient tool for sending instant messages and also have video calls and conferences. We can easily sharing our information and chats with our colleagues, friends and anyone. Cisco WebEx software is the powerful tool for the audio and video conferences. Hence, it is the better source of communication and almost every-person use the Cisco WebEx software.

Cons

The one thing that I don't like about this software is that video calls and conferences are disconnected and our camera would be shut off without any problem. We can easily share our data, files and screen with our friends, colleagues and team member. But sometimes when we share large amount of data and files with each other then we faced some complications about the sharing purpose. But still Cisco WebEx software is the best and easiest to use this efficient tool.

Eric from AECOM

Industry: Civil Engineering

WebEx Makes Meeting with Team Members Easy

I use Cisco WebEx on a daily basis for conference calls with clients. Having the WebEx app integrated into my Outlook calendar makes setting up new calls very easy. Clients who do not have WebEx have found the software to be very easy to use and value the tools like screen share and video chat. Before we switched to WebEx, we were stuck using a standard conference call dial-in number. WebEx makes calls more engaging and productive for our employees and our clients.

Pros

WebEx is a great tool for having clear meetings with colleagues that could be 10 feet away or 10,000 miles away. I like the multi-functionality of WebEx, in that users can call in using their phone, talk via their computer's microphone, or even video conference if needed. The share screen tool and present tool make it very easy for others on the conference to view what you are seeing. Finally, the integration of WebEx with Outlook mail makes it super easy to invite people to meetings and have those meetings go directly to your calendar.

Cons

There isn't much not to like about WebEx. It is a very functional web, video, and teleconferencing tool that makes businesses more productive. The one thing I think WebEx could improve on is it's user interface. The WebEx application design could be a bit more robust.

Kristin from Reynolds and Reynolds

WebEx is my favorite online meeting place software

Easy to use and share information: good for quick, long distance meetings where you need to share your screen, for webinars with hundreds of participants, and for classes that require participation as well.

Pros

I've used a few different meeting-facilitating softwares and WebEx is by far my favorite. I like that you can have controlled amounts of interactivity based on your needs, you can lock down specific controls, you can use phone and/or voip without issue. I primarily used WebEx in my role as a software instructor and the added benefit of the Hands On Lab feature made teaching over long distances much easier. The ability to schedule, reschedule, and create instant sessions is also great. Overall, WebEx is the most intuitive and flexible meeting software I have used.

Cons

Sometimes the icons get a little tricky looking, and I think they could have more options for chat emoji reactions, but that is pretty minor. Sometimes there is a bit of lag, when sharing information, connecting to other computers, etc, but this is likely a network issue and not inherant to WebEx. It seems like sometimes the invitations that should be sent upon setup of a session are not sent. Or, if this is due to user error, the method of inviting participants is clunky and can get confusing. The time being AM/PM in the scheduling a session process defaults to the time you are currently in, and doesn't move forward when you select an hour later in the day. It would be nice if the time could be reworked so you don't accidentally end up scheduling a meeting for 3AM.

The best ever tool I found for meeting

I'm using Webex for the last 1 year and it helps me to organized every meeting very successfully and flexible.

Pros

I love this tool because of the features it has with flexibility to use. I often schedule meeting with my clients, team members and also I do business meetings through Webex when I'm outside the office for a business trip or some other work.

Cons

Sometimes, I feel it time-consuming to schedule a quick meeting and I just use other services like skype or zoom to make quick calls.

Bheesam from Ciena

i found Cisco webex meeting centre a wonderful tool, it is very easy to schedule meetings.

i can schedule my meeting in One click using this. We use WebEx daily for meetings with potential customers, vendors, and for support.

Pros

it is awesome tool. it is very easy to schedules meeting with this . we can integrate its plugin with out outlook and can schedule meeting in one click. we can.we can record the current meeting going on which is very good option. it provide screen sharing option on single or extended desktops as well. Voice quality is good as it consume very less bandwidth. We can chat with the meeting participants to everyone and individual as well.lightweight software.integrated audio, video and content sharing is awesome. it can be installed on multiple platforms i.e. mobile, pc tablet, mac etc.

Cons

there is limitation like if we have large number of user wanted to join the webex meeting room then it will restrict us and also when we have a big team and persons start joing the meeting then initially we get disturbances from software and face difficulties in hearing them clearly but yes after some time it will became smooth.. Lack of emoticons and smileys. it is little more pricey as compared to others like slack or zoom. and license renewal as is costlier.

Gurmandeep from Dealsshutter

Webex meeting Center is best way to interact with clients or colleagues anyone.

Webex Meeting Center is the best video and audio conferencing software as now I can meet with any client within few seconds. It really helped us to collaborate in a better way with clients and workers. This is an integrated software for the complete meeting as we can also share content here. This is a perfect way fot a business meet.

Pros

Before using Webex Meeting Center I used to have the usual video and audio conferencing software. I did not require this software but then I thought to try it once as techie guy. And, since then I have been using this video conferencing software and my experience went very well. Webex Meeting Center is different from other such software as it requires some additional functionality. The software provides the best video calling with good sound quality. The software also allows me to share content so don't require any separate software for that. In addition. We can access this from mobile, tablet and laptop. We can also schedule calls for important meeting and it also provides us reminder. facility of audio sharing is also available.

Cons

So far, the software has facilitated us in many ways and still, it's going on. One thing here which I really faced here is the complex design of the software. But once you become used to it everything goes well. customer support is good but they might delay in providing services.

Syed Saad from K-Electric Ltd

Industry: Utilities

Helped power our weekly and daily meetings

We were able to conduct full day workshops with consultants who were off-site. Saved millions in travel and logistics costs.

Pros

The excellent video and sound quality, coupled with cloud based recording, ability to integrate with Outlook, and support for multiple parties to join. I also loved that I could schedule sessions hours or days in advance, notifying all attendees.

Cons

I found out annoying to have to keep downloading an EXE file each time I wanted to join or host a meeting. This was mainly because my IT department hasn't given us admin rights on our computers so the browser plug-in couldn't be installed.

Reasons for Choosing Cisco Webex

Better functionality, ability to use in all countries. Some countries block Skype.

Kalim from Zones

Easy way to connect and meetings with colleagues

We do a lot of brainstorming session, we can share our screen , give someone rights to perform task as desktop level. This is very good medium of connecting with colleagues and some time friends who are not in same geography. We can share each other screen and give controls.

Pros

My organisation use Cisco Webex as meeting tool. Overall i find it very good and handy. Connectivity , cloud storage of recordings, sharing and voice clarity these are the things which i like the most. Overall it provided reliable way for connecting to anyone from anywhere. Either on desktop,laptop or mobile devices. I like these features very much.

Cons

Some time auto login does not work, only a host can do a recording, which i feel a restriction. After update of webex , sometime it creates problem it reconnecting. For which sometime i need to go to system admin.

Reasons for Choosing Cisco Webex

Well a lot of factors ranging from security to accessibility, user support , company name, what services they are offering. Will it going to solve ours purpose ?

Sajit from Gurulogik

Great business tool

Security functions are much better than other conferencing software

Pros

Recording, voice quality, sharing screens, audience control

Cons

Lack of ability for multiple people to share screen simultaneously

Security

Aaron from Aaron Custom Furniture

The perfect software for presentations.

I loved it! Cant imagine going back to Skype after this.

Pros

A lot of my sales related calls and internal discussions often required presentations and video chat. So I tried a few different options (Skype, Hangouts etc) before I decided on Webex. What I really loved about Webex was that unlike Skype etc its a tool built for presentations. And you can tell. Its super simple to fire up a Powerpoint document and then start the screensharing. It lets my participants use different tools to interact with me. Drawing board is a great addition in case you want to discuss and spitball ideas. I also liked how simple they made it to set up a meeting. A few clicks will let you send a meeting invite. All those invites come with an attachment that hooks right into your outlook. The video was also super smooth. I never heard a negative feedback from any of my participants about the video or the screenshare being blocky. The free version they offer is actually surprisingly feature packed. So much so that you can almost get by just using that if you want to use your own conference line. I would recommend trying that before you buy. The paid version is also pretty cheap though. So no complaints there!

Cons

International dial in numbers should be a little cheaper. Right now some of the countries I deal with are really expensive and I want them to find out a way to make it more affordable.

Best conference and remote control platform

I worked for an infrastructure team for 2 years using this platform to do remote sessions with customers and access servers to install our software. Fluent remote control was mandatory, as well as voice communication. I have never had any issues with this platform, and when tried to use different platforms, there was something that failed in every case (Zoom, BJ, Skype).

Pros

This platform has an outstanding performance for remote control. Conference calls as well. It doesn't require to install anything and it works great, not like other platforms intended for the same use.

Cons

It's not that easy to implement this software in a small company, as business plans are not so price-performant. However, I wouldn't say it is a big con.

Sukesh from Tech Mahindra

Broadly used meeting source in professional enviornment

My over all experience has been excellent as this tool simplifies our meetings every time by allowing different teams to coordinate in a easier way.

Pros

As I work in a IT industry ,we often initiate planned or unplanned meetings and the Cisco Webex Meetings tool helps us perform our meetings in a well organized way by allowing my team(offshore and onsite) to easily communicate with each other. It allows me to leave my computer behind and connect through my phone with an option "Call using my phone". We as a team encounter with many situations where different teams like Unix,Storage support,Network,Dba,directors involve in meetings where we discuss our technical problems faced and work as a team to fix issues. Along with problem solving we use this tool to conduct weekly team meetings which allows all my team mates to be online in one or the other way. We have a feature to record our meetings for future reference.It allows me to share my screen in the meetings which makes our meetings more understandable to my team.

Cons

I don't find any cons as such ,but the video quality could be improved bit more

Proby from Lincoln Financial Group

Great new interface - simple and easy to use

Great - when multiple emails come in asking for clarity, I can open a quick 5 min Webex and I have the ability to show quickly what I'm talking about and give/get clarity on what needs to happen rapidly. Also good for remote management and showing support what I need (used it the other day to solve a technical issue just by showing what I was doing and support suggesting a couple commands to try and BAM - found the mis-configured setting and set it back successfully and the switch started functioning properly.)

Pros

New interface and WebEx Productivity Tools. Productivity tools has frequent updates and its easy to see when an update is available. Ability to start meetings from desktop or mobile device is also easy. Like the new default features for WebEx call back and disabling video on room entry. Also new personal room features are nice and straightforward. The recording feature is also quick and seamless.

Cons

Not a lot, most of the new features have addressed issues. Don't like that I can't save more personal phone numbers to my profile - There's really 4 conference rooms at work that we use often so would be nice to have the ability to save them all to my profile along with my desk and mobile numbers.

Jamie from Tennant Company

Industry: Machinery

WebEx is part of our Unified Cisco Communication platform. It is a quality webinar solution.

WebEx allows us to connect with each other in a fairly simple and feature complete way. Using integrations with Outlook, Jabber, and our LMS, users have rapidly adopted the service for their daily work. It also aids with software support in some instances.

Pros

WebEx Meeting Center is a feature complete webinar solution that integrates well with our various tools. We use it in conjunction with Outlook, Cisco Jabber, and our Cornerstone LMS. The interface is pretty straight forward for most users and their audio communication tools are robust. We have very few connection issues and have found user adoption to be very good. Because of our integrations, we do not use the WebEx Meeting portal often, as everything can be setup in the other platforms. With that said, I have used the portal before and it allows users to access everything they need. Overall, it meets our web meeting needs.

Cons

I have two issues with WebEx... First, the user their own proprietary file format for meeting recordings. This makes it incredibly difficult to convert videos to a common .mp4 or .wmv format. They provide users with a conversion tool, but it is incredibly slow and confusing for end users. I have used other meeting tools that record in .mp4 and download easily. I wish WebEx would do the same. Second, browser plugins are a pain. Each browser requires a different add-on or plugin to launch a meeting. Once installed, things work well, but it is troublesome having to download these prior to launching a meeting.

Tapan from Criteo

Webex - Audio and Video collaboration solutions

Pros

The UI is very intuitive and great. It doesn't require the client to be installed on the local machine and one can access it simply from the browser. It also provides the feature to record the voice and video calls for the purpose of revisiting later or sharing with the members who could not attend the meeting. It also allows to set up different rooms for different set of audiences for a particular seminar or a conference. It also gets integrated with Outlook through a plugin which makes setting up Webex meetings as easy as setting any other meeting using Outlook.

Cons

It requires a very high bandwidth for presentations and content sharing to work effectively. This is a little weird as most of the other competitors like BlueJeans are able to provide high quality content sharing even at a lower bandwidth. I have also faced issues with a black screen appearing when someone switches to full screen mode while presenting or sharing this screen. This gets fixed once they exit full screen mode. This type of basic issues are expected to be fixed by one of the oldest players in the industry.

Nina from UBT

The Go-To for Meeting Technology

We needed a straightforward meeting technology that was reliable and easy to use. We tried other ones before and they did not seem to fit the need, as Webex is highly known about and commonly used. We aren't able to meet with a lot of our clients face to face as they are scattered throughout the country, so it's a great way to connect and show the content we need (which is almost every time). We've also helped our clients when they need a tool for virtual training and facilitating, thus helping our product line be even more buttoned up and attractive to potential clients.

Pros

Webex is a great tool for meeting technology. It's easy to use and its modern design makes setting up and facilitating meetings a breeze. It has a few different options, such as Webex Training which my organization uses a lot for our clients that make it easy to run/lead training sessions and facilitating learning programs. I've used Webex at my organization for a while now and I've truly never run into that many problems. Internally, we have trained everyone how to use it and now we are all able to run/set up meetings easily. I especially enjoy the My Meeting Room function when we have quick meeting emergencies. It's helped us many times when we're in a bind! I definitely recommend Webex as a simple and straightforward meeting tech.

Cons

One of the only issues I've ever really had is some slight technical issues, where the Webex desktop app stopped working during a meeting I was in. The slight lag when showing video is also something I would like to see improved, as in my line of business we typically show videos a lot. Most of the time, it's usually just user error when they are not familiar with the software.

James from Cerner Corporation

WebEx Makes Conferences Easy

We use WebEx Meeting Center on a daily basis. It makes conference calls a breeze. In a couple of clicks, you're ready to go. We can share our screens effortlessly, and that really makes collaborating a lot easier. It really is a time saver since everybody can join the meeting from their desks. No need to book a conference room or cram into a tiny office. I use WebEx Meeting Center to troubleshoot user issues. It really helps when I can see what they're seeing, and then I can explain what the issue is and how to resolve it.

Pros

It is incredibly simple to share screens between participants. If you have multiple participants, you can switch screens without delay. The chat window is helpful, especially when you need to share links or commands. It is the perfect learning and troubleshooting tool. It can be access through a desktop app, as well as through a browser, so you don't have to download anything if you don't want to. The ability to record meetings is underrated.

Cons

The audio can be a bit finicky. Sometimes the sound will drop, and I have to reconfigure my headset/microphone. Usually, unplugging and plugging it back in does the trick. Sometimes I have to leave and rejoin the meeting.

Sarada from Government

"Cisco Webex is the No 1 best software for the online meeting and the conference"

Actually I have used this application since 2 years ago. So far it was no problem with me. Most of my work was easy because of this Cisco Webex Software. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Pros

It is lucky to review about this software because this is one of the favorite software of mine. Most of the time I'm using this software nowadays. Why I'm saying like that. These days I'm staying in Thailand for my higher education. I have to study here for more than 3 years. In this university most of the time using Cisco Webex for the online lecture due to the corona epidemic. Currently, we don't have the lectures as usual. Then we have only lecturing through the online. It is happy to say, in this university using Cisco Webex for online lecturing. Then no words to say about this software it is extremely awesome. There are good function in the software. Normally we are connecting near 40 students at once time with the lecture. It is not having a problem during the session. Video and audio are very clear. The PowerPoint presentation we can see on the screen very clearly. Then we can talk and ask the questions from the lecturer. It is happy to say we can finish our study on time because of this software.

Cons

I couldn't identify many problems by using this software. the only issue I've ever really had is some slight technical issues, where the Webex desktop app stopped working during a meeting I was in. It has happened very rarely also.

Webex isn't super easy to use but gets the job done

We have a consistent source with WebEx, one that we can (mostly) rely on to give presentations, host client calls and more. We'll definitely continue using it!!

Pros

My primary use with WebEx has been in the meetings portion. We use it because it's easy to use with a variety of clients. We always use it for sharing a presentation with the share screen feature, and the dial-in is usually pretty reliable as well and works for people wherever they are calling in from. The other nice thing about WebEx is that you can record meetings and go back to them if you need to – super helpful when note taking isn't the most reliable.

Cons

Some of its features throw me off. WebEx is a business software, and our primary use is to use it for calls and screen sharing. Why on earth do they automatically turn on the camera so when I start a call with the client, my face is front and center?! Seems like there should be a better setting for that. I've also noticed significant delays and lagging when we are screen sharing a presentation, so it's hard to trust it as a reliable source.

Karthik from PwC

Web excellent

Webex is excellent for all your meet-up needs, especially when you want present ideas. Trainings, quick gatherings, large board room discussions, and feature-ful dialogues are to be had with this software.

Pros

Webex has features that make teleconferencing less of a chore and more of a productivity enhancer. Every feature of webex is easy to use, intuitive, and compatible with any work ecosystem. The software is able to withstand intense loads and features (such as muting all participants) is great. Doing virtual trainings is even enhanced with the grouping feature, where people can be put into smaller teams within the larger group. This makes virtual trainings more interesting and less antisocial. Presentations can be shared and with others easily as well with just a click of a button. The sophistication of the software helps it endure even the biggest and most important of meetings

Cons

Webex does not have many cons! The only con is that the connection may be shaky or hard to advise when going mobile through the webex mobile app. I wish the mobile app was as robust as the desktop app.

Jose from Pangeo Corporation

Best value for the features

We had to migrate from an inferior product. It is very clear that Webex is the standard for meeting software in the business community

Pros

Our colleagues and customers located in the China region are able to communicate without any issues unlike other vendors

Cons

Customer service can be a little bit slow to respond to critical inquiries. We could benefit more from adequate documentation regarding technical issues

Reasons for Choosing Cisco Webex

Ease of use and compatibility with multiple platforms

Best Video Meeting Software

Meetings are very important for any organizations. Webex helped us to communicate better with our colleagues and even collaborators and third party vendors. It is an excellent way to set up a meeting and collaborate. Another important benefit of using Webex is that I can share my screen in order to explain the situation better to my audience.

Pros

I like Cisco Webex Meetings and used it quite often in my organization. Some of the great points of Webex are as follows: 1) You can set up a meeting easily in a matter of minutes. 2) You can send the link with confidence to any person. The link will also be accessible to a person outside your organization. 3) Webex has a very clean and intuitive interface. All the buttons are placed in an orderly manner. 4) You can record sessions Webex in order to review them later.

Cons

There are only a few points which I don't like in Cisco Webex Meetings: 1) The mobile app (specially Android) does not work as fast and intuitively as the web based version. 2) Though the audio options have improved now, I would suggest to have a global call-in number (toll free) for any organization.

Matthew from Information Technology and Services

Doesn't get much better

By far the Cadillac of audio conferencing - Easily create buttons in Outlook to help schedule and start meetings w/o switching too many screens, records meetings, screen sharing is simple, doesn't lag, an all around value to our day to day business

Pros

I have used many different products in this space and have found Webex by far the easiest to use with the most robust features. Screen Sharing, video conf, recording, managing atendees, ect. It does it all with ease

Cons

I use this product about 10 times a day and it is difficult for me to think of a Con. If you have it administered correctly, you will not have any issues

Encourages Team Collaboration

Overall Cisco Webex Meetings is an essential tool for virtual meetings and team collaboration. Some improvements could turn it into a near-perfect product.

Pros

My client uses WebEx as the preferred way to engage in conference calls. The outlook extension makes it easy to embed a WebEx URL and call details directly to a calendar invite. From there you just need to click the link during the meeting's start time and it's easy to join. The system typically remember's my login credentials once I'm in the room the system prompts to connect my audio/video devices. There are many ways to connect but I prefer to have the system call my cell phone. It's also easy to present and WebEx provides the option of sharing you full monitor(s) or limited your presentation to only select apps.

Cons

I think Cisco WebEx could use an overall in design. It feels a bit dated with the use of of icons, or lack of. After presentation mode is connected, it is typically smooth but it is common for a delay to occur during each initial connection. The experience could be a bit smoother.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 4,145 reviews