What are Dialpad users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Dialpad software through verified user reviews

• icon"Established a business phone #, a conference call # and voicemail in a matter of minutes. I love that you can text from the web app."
  • icon"Affordable price for small businesses with great user interface. Apps are available for all platforms."
  • icon"Dialpad everywhere is excellent. It is great to have access across all my devices."
  • icon"They want you to pay a ridiculous amount in fees that no other virtual phone company charges. There's no separate contact list for the account."
  • icon"I have experienced times where there is no alert that I have a missed call or voicemail unless I check the app itself."
  • icon"The only negative that I can say about dialpad is their process for removing licenses is not easy. We were charged for many licenses that were not being used."

Browse all Dialpad Reviews

• Have you used Dialpad and would like to share your experience with others?

Erin

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Easy Transition. Great Ongoing

Steven

End-all for hosted phone / fax

Overall, it's the most progressive VOIP option with the most current and cutting edge features. It's also less expensive than the competition. I won't switch to another provider for the forseeable future.

Pros

Dialpad is one of the newest VOIP providers and feels that way- their design and feature set always seem to be a couple steps ahead of their competition. They pushed the softphone-forward model from launch, making deskphones a less preferred option. They integrate messaging fairly well into the app, and include all their features at one pricing tier instead of nickel and diming for upgrades. The app is upgraded at least weekly with tweaks or new features.

Cons

The interface still needs a little work; it's hard to tell when new text messages come in and there's no way to filter/sort/search in an efficient manner. Same goes for voicemails. The internal contact directory is helpful but not able to be "managed" in terms of combining dupes or bulk editing.

Russell

Artificial feature limitations soured my experience with Dialpad

Once the port issues were resolved it is generally fine and easy to use, although I am disappointed that several basic features are excluded at the price we are paying, which is not exactly cheap compared to competitors. I may switch to a different to gain access to the features that Dialpad refuses to provide without spending more money.

Pros

Native app is easy to use, and easy integration with Google Contacts makes dialing a snap. All users can dial out VoiceIntelligence transcripts are useful and automatically generated. The accuracy is about 80%, usually good enough to easily tell what was being discussed even if some of the words are transcribed incorrectly.

Cons

The port experience was a disaster. There was a goof somewhere and this left me without the ability to receive or make phone calls on my business' primary phone number at either Dialpad or at my prior provider (Google Voice) and the support did not make me feel like fixing this was a priority for them, never providing updates. It eventually got fixed. The product has arbitrary and foolish feature limitations that feel unnecessary and petty. I am paying good money for this product and yet cannot access even a basic IVR because I am not an enterprise customer with more than 100 users. An IVR is absolutely basic functionality for a phone service with more than one user. We also cannot set holidays on our service because we need to be in a more expensive plan to do that.

Reasons for choosing Dialpad

It seemed to meet my needs. In hindsight I wish I had gone with Openphone due to artificial and arbitrary product feature limitations that Dialpad imposes which Openphone does not.

Reasons for switching to Dialpad

Inability to dial out using the main line or to receive texts to that number. Our customers had no idea who was calling them, and texts to our primary line vanish into the aether never to be seen or even known about.

Dialpad is Almost a Perfect Tool to use for Calls

Pros

The ability to text clients. A lot of the clients I have are homeless, or hard to reach so texting is an amazing feature.

Cons

I wish it was easier to search text messages. When I search names in Dialpad I end up accidentally calling the clients.

Zach

A great product with a few unnecessary features

It's been easy to use and implement, and provides us needed features that our previous VOIP did not. Although we don't use call recording to respect users' privacy, it's nice to know that option is there.

Pros

We needed a simple VOIP and Dialpad gave us that! It has great call routing features, a simple user interface and a handy mobile app to ensure you never miss a beat. There's a lot going on though, and its packaged with a lot of unnecessary features for our team. A different team that is focused more on Outbound selling could certainly benefit from them, though.

Cons

There's too much stuff. We just needed a simple VOIP with call routing. It's not a big deal, but if I have to split hairs, that is it.

Donald

June 2022

Run don't walk away

Initially it was ok, but in dealing with the company they are not honest in their dealings.

Pros

The functionality is good and the setup on our smart phones is easy enough

Cons

It is clunky, but when I canceled the service, I am still continued to be billed months after. The customer service is evasive and even called out there representative as if she worked for me. Not sure how they are going to back track on that statement. In the end, there are a lot of choices and I choose honesty and good service over price every time.

On paper, looked good.

Reasons for switching to Dialpad

I was hoping for a clean separation from our cells to keep office hours for all my employees and their time theirs.

April 2022

Great functionality and Price point for a small business

I've had it for so long, I can't remember how long. That means it's constantly used and part of my toolbox.

Pros

A number available for voice and texting

Cons

Needs to improve handoff reliability between devices

Reasons for choosing Dialpad

Just a matter of preference and supporting a growing company

More functionality and reliability

Patrick

Overall a good tool

Overall I believe Dialpad is the best UCASS product on the market.

Pros

Dialpad is a great piece of phone software - very intuitive.

Cons

It can be overly complex at times - lots of features

Stephanie

Very easy to use for calling!

It's a great tool and I would recommend it! It's easy to use and integrates well with hubspot

Pros

It's very easy to use and it integrates well with Hubspot. It also allows me to send sms and even be on a call conference like zoom does :)

Cons

The only problem I have is that it has a delay notification on my mobile phone. It rings an hour later I missed the call from my computer. So I thought it was a live call, but when I try to answer, it's not. Then I figured it was the same call I missed from my computer an hour prior.

Reasons for switching to Dialpad

aircall did not have text messaging capability

Effective and helpful VOIP system with some quirks

I am pleased but want more reliability.

Pros

This VOIP platform continues to grow better and offer more features and allows me to access my calls and clients on my cell phone and computer.

Cons

It was having issues on older Android phone and would switch to my personal voicemail. Also I was given 2 numbers and can't seem to control which one I send texts to customers always.

Reasons for choosing Dialpad

I wanted more reliable features when switching from laptop to cell phone.

Reasons for switching to Dialpad

I wasn't getting support and features I desired plus too many down times in 2016.

Jonatan

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

An app that you would not stop using!

Quality, Dialpad talk not only allow us to answer and make calls, but we can use it to track every possible KPI and with that, keeping the quality of the service by auditing each interaction.

Pros

Dialpad talk has several features but the most amazing one if Voice AI, it allows us to identify the matter of a call and lead us to analyze every interaction.

Cons

Groups, we would like to have more control about groups of people created within the app, due to the current moment we are living (pandemic) we are more connected than ever, and people love personalizing their groups.

Reasons for choosing Dialpad

Dialpad is less expensive and has a long list of benefits that WebEx does not.

Wendy

April 2022

Great platform for an inbound/outbound call center.

As a newly launched small business, Dialpad has enabled me to provided 24 hour, excellent service to my clients.

Pros

The convenience of the set up and implementation.

Cons

Can't think of any at this time. Everything about the software has been above my expectations.

Reasons for choosing Dialpad

Dialpad was more cost effective for me at the time.

Derk

May 2022

Dialpad is very helpful for the right application

Pros

Great for call recording, logging, and voicemail. Also the ability to set work hours helps for staff to better manage aspects work life balance.

Cons

Lack of reminders to return status from unavailable to available after either meetings or extended vacation. It would be great to set a window like one does with an out-of-office reply.

Radek

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

May 2022

Good solid voip

I am very happy with the system and it's ability to integrate with Cloze (my CRM)

Pros

Ease of deployment, ease of use, the ability to transcribe calls automatically.

Cons

Sometimes, but very occasionally voice quality is not the best.

Dialpad is a perfect solution for any business

We subscribed to Dialpad when we moved office suites. And it immediately became a very productive tool. I had to travel for business and the mobility was very useful. I had all my call history, my notes, all at my fingertips. And when I received a call in the office, and it was too loud, I simply clicked on my cell and continued the conversation while walk. And the biggest advantage to productivity came when Covid-19 hit, because all the staff are working from home, still using the same numbers, the same process and the same way as if we are in the office. The common INBOX makes everyone aware of everyone else's communications, and the private phone numbers keep sensitive work separate. It has kept us going in these difficult times. And the one thing I really like the most? I can be anywhere in Europe and my NYC number will ring when someone calls.

Pros

What we like most about this product is that it is intuitive and versatile. We ported out two business numbers, and we also received each our own cell number which is great to use for business. We can use it on the road, at the office and while traveling, so its perfect, we never miss a call. And by setting up groups we can put one phone on "do not disturb" and still have others answer, plus we can roll over to our personal phones. We have it running in our workstations and smartphones and it is so easy to answer in one and continue the conversation, seamlessly, in another simply by clicking a button. I usually answer through my laptop and if I need to walk away, I can simply just switch to my mobile in real-time. And I can text while I am speaking to a person, multi-task, or simply click a number and dial through it and then make a note on the screen. It remembers everything we do! This system's sound is crystal clear and it simplified our business. The support is also worth noting, they respond quickly and have resolved every single inquiry successfully and efficiently.

Cons

I think some of the options should be included in every solution, for example, the dictionary. Other than that I cannot find anything I dislike.

Versatility, portability, cost.

Liam

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Solid, easy to use, easy to administer platform

Dialpad is a solid platform that is very easy to set up and configure, and relatively cost effective, in relation to other platforms on the market. Our only complaint is the reliability of Dialpad. It's not a huge issue, but even if one call drops a week, it's annoying.

Pros

We are a software start up with less than 25 employees, of which 12 have Dialpad accounts. We have fairly basic needs, in the sense that each user needs a direct number to place and receive calls/texts, and for those same users to take calls from 'shared' phone numbers, such as support, and sales. The administrative features of Dialpad are easy to learn, use, configure, without having to spend hours self educating on a knowledge base, or through trial and error. This includes functions such as: - Creating new users. - Configuring phone lines (like sales or support) with voicemails, call routing, IVR.

Cons

1 - Desktop app reliability (Mac) I've found the Desktop top app to be consistently inconsistent, in the quality of calls, and general usability. I've used Dialpad for 3 years, and always have the newest Mac & software updates. For example, sometimes I will answer a call, and the person cannot hear me. This is even more frustrating in cases where I've been waiting on hold for a long time, only to be connected, and for the other person to not be able to hear me. Every time, if I restart Dialpad, the issue resolves itself. Again, I've tried multiple headsets/audio settings over the years, and the same issues occur. 2 - Mobile app You can configure Dialpad so that when you receive a call, your cellphone rings (either using your cellular number, or over VOIP, if connected to the internet). I've again found the reliability of these features to be inconsistent. Sometimes I will answer on my mobile, and the call will drop. Other times, I'll answer on my Desktop app, and my mobile device will keep ringing. 3 - Pricing I feel that Dialpad's pricing is in line with other providers, but I do feel that providers across the board have prices set too high, with no option to add 'light users'. For example, we have certain employees that we want to be able to take a call or two a week, or infrequently place outbound calls. We cannot justify paying for a full license for them. If we could add free, or heavily subsidized 'light' users, I believe that overall, our usage and adoption of Dia

TJ

This is the next step in IP phones - Perfect for working from home

This has been one of the best decisions our IT team has made. We tested the other cloud phone providers, with none providing the fully featured, simple and reliable system as Dialpad. Adding users, configuring phone trees, configuring main lines, adding fax, everything is simple, fast, and intuitive in their system. With integration into Hubspot, which we already used as our CRM, our management has even more insight into their sales team's performance. Our user feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. Our ability to have users work from home and have 100% full phone access cannot be overstated. This is probably the biggest takeaway anyone should take from reading this. Absolutely no disruption in our ability to call or make calls when switching our entire office to working from home.

Pros

Deployment cannot get any more simple. Set up the user in the web interface, put in 4 digit activation code on phone. Done. Work from home - SIMPLE. With Office 365 integration, users simply use their email and pass to sign into Dialpad from their personal cell phone, personal computer, work computer, anywhere. Just moved offices, our phone system was the only system that required no extra setup. Just plug in at the new location, and everyone is working like normal. Simple and intuitive. Reliable, priced perfectly, full of features.

Cons

I used to have cons with the limited abilities admins had over users' settings like call forwarding (for example, if an employee is sick and forgot to set her calls to forward to someone else). This has been fixed recently, and at this point I cannot think of any con.

Reasons for switching to Dialpad

Shoretel was outdated, required on-premises equipment, and required trained support to help with some of the smallest issues. Physical appliances would fail, leading to major phone downtime randomly.

Dysiree

Dial Pad Versus Other Phone System

My experience was great, basically it does the job we need so I am satisfied with that. But to be more advanced, the system needs more improvement and I hope they could make it more user-friendly​.

Pros

If you are looking for a ​cheaper phone service, that does the job of catering your customer's, this might be the one for you. Way cheaper than Ring Central and The Customer​ Service is Up top, but SOMETIMES not so easy to get in touch with especially​ on weekends. However, I highly recommend​ their service as they are very fair to their users, For instance, when we were still getting used to the system,​ we have 4 phone lines that were reserved and we weren't aware that it was being billed, but the customer service steeped in and refunded the cost of the unused lines RIGHT AWAY, they are easy to negotiate with.

Cons

The Software is basic, but not that very user-friendly compared to ring central. We've been using Ring Central for a few years before we shifted to Dial Pad. Recordings are not easily located, when you try searching the phone number on the call logs, it will just give you the activity and the only way for you to turn on the recording is to manually​ turn it on while on a phone call, there must be some other ways, but for people who are not so techy and just wanted to use the phone service solely, it would be quiet a challenge figuring how to set this in automatic mode. Dial Pad also Offers Transcription, this means that all Voicemails left on your phone numbers we're automatically transcribed, however,​ it is not accurate but it does the job. Integrations with dialpad to your customized database​MIGHT be possible​ but at a higher cost and you may need to get a quote with their Sales Department.

Milan

Dialpad Review

Overall, the experience with Dialpad is quite positive. We came from another in house VOIP solution, and knowing that you always have someone ready to help you , gives you peace of mind. It does what its supposed to do, and the majority of the time it does it well!

Pros

One of the best features Dialpad has to offer is the ability to integrate with other services. Single sign on makes accessing Dialpad a breeze, and with GSuite requires one less password for myself, and all of our users. We all have so many passwords that we need some form of software to maintain them all! Interaction with other users through Gsuite, Salesforce, and many others also show up in the main interface allowing users to quickly go back to files, or conversations they recently had with other users. Unified communications is big in today's world and Dialpad handles it quite well. There is a decent variety of equipment that you can use with Dialpad, but it also allows us to completely remove the desk phone which is a nice touch, especially considering the types of work envoironments we have where users can chose where they would like to work. Last but not least, and at the core of its functionality the basic phone system. While allowing users to transfer calls amongst people, you are also able to transfer between devices, which means that, when your 1-2 meeting runs long, you can move your call to a mobile device if you need to get going. Overall the system is quite robust, and provides all the functionality one could ask for!

Cons

Its hard to list many cons, as we have only ever experienced a few, but here they are. Not all bluetooth, or wireless headsets play well with Dialpad. We have had to switch the headsets that a handful of our users depend on. That being said, once you have found one that works well, there are no problems. One other problem that we have encoutered is dropped calls, or unresponsive application. Most of the time, a simple restart of the application, or computer will resolve these issues, but they are still issues. Last but not least, the frequent updates. While it is good to continuously provide important updates, it feels like there is one every week, and not all users are comfortable with making these changes.

The most advanced and affordable option out there

I love Dialpad. We started with Google Voice back in the day, but abandoned it because it wasn't a flexible office phone solution. Then we jumped into Switch.co because it promised a lot that Google Voice lacked. It wasn't quite right for us yet so we went away from that too. I also tried other solutions along the way. After a few years, Switch.co matured and was rebranded into Dialpad. Since that maturation we've been all in! The new iteration of the platform had the simplicity we needed while at the same time bringing the tech we desired. The audio delay on this voip service is non-noticeable. Let me repeat that, the audio delay is non-noticeable. We've tried a lot of VOIP systems and that is my biggest complaint. Dialpad delivers on the quality of the audio and the non-noticeable delay. When we've had issues or questions, customer service was on it in a suprisingly short amount of time. On top of that, they always resolved our issues/questions in a satisfactory way. This is a great product, but moreso I think they're a great company.

Pros

1) Works on ios/android, computer, and desktop phone. It works well on all the devices I use. 2) You can transfer calls between devices. 3) Each month it gets increasingly better with regular software updates. 4) Simple management of our team phone numbers and departments. 5) It allows for better general office number handling.

Cons

1) When switching from wifi to cellular LTE the call often drops or has issues for a bit (ie. leaving the office, with HD calling enabled) 2) Not great conference integration. I'd rather see a great video chat solution that integrates smoothly, than halfway-there uberconference integration. The pricing is silly w/ uberconference, every one of my lines doesn't need their own uberconference, we really only need 1 or 2 lines.

Cloud-Based Office Phones Increase Productivity

Pros

I admit I was somewhat hesitant for our office to move from a traditional phone system to a cloud-based one. After using Dialpad for nearly a year, I honestly can't remember why I had hesitations in the first place! This system makes my work communication simple and efficient. I'm in and out of the office all the time, so it's been great to be able to answer work calls wherever I am. Our staff uses the messaging function to interact with each other on team projects. I love the fact that you can easily look over your call history list and edit call information to the name of the caller -- I don't have the need to scribble phone messages on paper anymore because it's all conveniently on the app! In addition to receiving voicemails on your phone, you can get emails including them too, so if you need to pass the message on to a co-worker, it's just a simple email forward away. Another awesome feature is the call data. You can track how many people are calling your organization during a specific time period, what percentage of those calls are getting answered, and who in your organization is making the most calls, along with much more data. These metrics can be used in a variety of ways to make your staff more efficient and engaged. The interface is easy-to-use and understand. Once you have the app on your device and configured appropriately, it's nearly problem-free. It makes me more accessible to our clients and helps keep our team on the same page -- what's not to love?

Cons

The number one issue you will need to get used to using this product is the slight delay that happens from when you speak your words to when they are actually heard. This results in a lot of accidental talking over your caller, but once you use the product for a while, you will get the hang of it. You can set up the app to use wifi or your calling plan. If you use your calling plan (which you must when you are away from a wireless router), you can get calls with bad connection or even drop a call. If you do have an issue during your call, you have the ability to give the call a one to five star ranking. If you rank the call low, you can add details about the problem, and then support will take a look and try to address the problem if possible. So there are issues, but I think the benefits definitely outweigh the negatives.

Tamesha

I Love It!

Efficiency is the right word to sum it up with DialPad. Dialpad has brought Efficiency with my business. I'm able to connect with my clients right from the start. DialPad allows me to prepare to take a call by sending a notification to my device or desktop. I'm ready for every call.

Pros

I love how DialPad offers all of the contacts information right there all at one time. You can check and see the last email, text, appointment. Also, you can view tips to use in you conversation.

Cons

I don't have a whole lot of cons for Dialpad. The only thing, I may say is when there time for an update, my app starts to disconnect a bit when receiving calls/text messages. Other than that, I use DialPad on a daily basis all day long. It's the first thing I bring up on my computer and on my cell phone when I'm on the go. I never miss a call or a message. It's the life of my business.

Reasons for choosing Dialpad

Initially the color of the company drew my intention. During the trial, I saw how functional Dialpad was. The application was easy to use, I like the way that I was guided to use the product as a new user. I was able to get set up in about 15 mintues. I was able to link my email, setup my phone settings, and import all of my contacts instantly. As the weeks went by, I realized that DialPad was a special tool that made my business thrive more vibrantly.

Reasons for switching to Dialpad

I made the switch because the software worked but I still had to use other applications to help with the call. Such as previous notes and emails. I could not figure out how to separate my contacts and I did not feel efficient. I'm glad I made the switch. I feel more confident using DialPad.

Promising service BUT...

Mobile communications for a small business. Call recording. Conference calls.

Pros

In fairness to the "But/Cons" that I will mention, this is the second business that I've used Dialpad for. I've loved the flexibility of the service! Apps for all big platforms, and it has been fairly reliable for VOIP. I love their call recording and uberconference is decent although it would be SO helpful to be able to share videos better.

Cons

There are some features that a business would expect to have. The ability to delete a license or to migrate a user... or to view messages from an employee. Why wouldn't an admin have access to this? THis is a business service not for personal calls!!! I had a huge issue with an user threatening to sue & harm me and was contacting my clients and badmouthing my business. Dialpad said that I would need a court order to view those communications!!! WHAT? I'm paying for the service! It's MY account! I had a desperate need to see what damage that he was causing and Dialpad wasn't there for me and likely won't be there for you either! Also, they would take a full day to respond to a support message allowing him to do further damage as I waited and waited. I could delete him, but then all messages/evidence would have been lost. I practically begged Dialpad to call me and they said that my plan didn't include phone support. I would have thought that Dialpad hearing that their service was being used to threaten people would have caused Dialpad to take greater measures to help their customer. Even when they tried to help they caused technical glitches and delays that allowed the user to delete almost all of his messages to hide his behavior so I still have little idea what kind of damage the he caused to me. When the account was finally assigned to a new user I asked to speak to a manager and the never heard back from my requests. Serious flaws here!!!

Scott

Has been a great piece of software for my business

This software has allowed me to spin up or down business operations with the flip of a switch, and gives you a VERY full featured office phone solution for a fraction of the price of other companies. When comparing this to hardline phone systems, I honestly don't know why any company wouldn't just use this instead (as long as your computer has an ethernet connection).

Pros

I like that the software is affordable, reliable, and accessible in many different ways. I use it as the main business line for my company and adding/removing users is super easy, creating a main line is easy, and having access to your phone via apps anywhere you are is fantastic. I also am very impressed with their quality and their customer support. I was having an issue with call quality, and I couldn't tell if it was my bluetooth headphones or my wifi. Their team got REALLY technical digging into the transmission details from my call, and told me there was a lot of chatter on the wifi. I ended up just running an ethernet cable and have literally zero problems anymore.

Cons

The mobile app is good, but somehow not as reliable as the desktop software. I've had some issues making calls, and turn around and dial from my regular phone number and it works fine. I would suspect this has something to do with the fact that Dialpad uses internet instead of the regular phone line, but if I have plenty of LTE signal for a phone call I would think Dialpad would also work. As a result I generally just feel safer taking important calls from the desktop.

Marlon

Perfect for Business Startups

8/10 overall, some issues with connections and common bugs on both desktop & android app. BUT!! I have tried Dialpad main alternatives RingCentral, Nextiva, GrassHopper and several other; Dialpad it's a must have if you don't want to use your every day mobile phone, if you are looking for privacy and a good resting, this is a must have; none other company offers SMS via VoIP, they said they do, but none have solve my problem. I have paid thousands of dollars just to come again to Dialpad.

Pros

Free SMS, all systems compatibility, most call center won't notice you are calling from a VoIP, if you live outside the US & Canada, there's no better software to handle your business.

Cons

It takes some time to connect, you may need to try several attempts to connect a call or even restart the app.

SMS over the Internet