All G12 Communications Reviews

Jerry

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

The Steakhouse of TelCom - Hidden Gem

Our previous provider COULD NOT keep up with our UCaaS growth potential. Their system was OLD and antiquated. They wanted us to keep the partnership and move us to the "New" cloud PBX. They weren't there yet. There wasn't any redundancy, no flexibility to manage users quickly and NO e911 services. We're NOT a beta company. We NEEDED a solid UCaaS system which was cloud based that we could use for administration and have e911 capability. We seriously vetted through 5 company's and after checking all the boxes they all talked and seemed the same. I was actually numb from hearing the same thing over and over again. I was introduced to G-12 actually as a final resource. "YOU MUST Hear this guy [SENSITIVE CONTENT] tell their story of G-12 and what they have." Got on a conference call and let [SENSITIVE CONTENT] start his Demo and I asked him specifically. "[SENSITIVE CONTENT], why should I go with G-12 over all the others that I've had demo's with?". As soon as I saw the conviction in his face and him talk about how his team was i.e. provisioning, porting, support. This dude was passionate. I gave him top seat in my vetting process. I asked him to prove it. I was quickly introduced to his teams and listening to each one of them through out this process solidified my decision. With their provisioning team, porting team and support I'm now 1350+ users, 1200+ UC phones, 30+ Softphones, Teams Connections. I got EXACTLY what I asked [SENSITIVE CONTENT] team for NO FLUFF..

PROS

As a TelCom engineer and system administrator, it's EXTREMLY important to have a plan. That plan revolves around my office staff's needs and the flexibility of the system to help make business decisions which makes my team and callers experience the best that can be. G-12 admin portal that sync's to Cloud PBX makes it SO SIMPLE to view, plan and strategize for growth and visualize call routing, make adjustments on the fly and most importantly have the provisioning team give me guidance and a REAL support and engineering team to be there when needed.

CONS

We as Tech people wish that we had an out of the box, turn-key solution that works 100% to our favor. This is a GREAT wish list for all IT teams. There are a couple of items that I wish I could change, but these items are so insignificant and do not hinder performance to any degree. More of a cosmetic thing. For the sake of this portion of my review, I'll note - The admin portal is also cloud based. The admin panel has MANY pages and options to choose from like Users, Auto Attendants, Queues, Inventory, etc. A few of these pages I wish that we could change sorting features. I know, it's petty but sometimes, this gets annoying. Other than that, I don't have access to softphone users and management area of that just yet. It's coming but not just there yet.

Craig

Computer & Network Security, 2-10 employees

Complete Solution for SMBs

Customer service is truly amazing. They are always available and quick to resolve any issues or changes.

PROS

Ease of use. Simple to deploy and manage. Users love it .

CONS

Customization and integrations need to be developed.

Reason for choosing G12 Communications

Customer Service and there were enough features to compliment our business, did not need to pay for things we weren't going to use.

Jessica

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

First review

It was my first time calling to G12 communications since starting, failed to mention that I would be charged for a voicemail and didn't get my question answered. I need to call a few times and I hope that the issue is solved.

PROS

The software overall is good, it's easy to read and look at when you are trying to find a call.

CONS

Not be able to set up a greeting on your own.

Lydia

Banking, 201-500 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Excellent support

It is overall very easy to use and if there are issues, you submit a ticket or call and you are able to get the issues or answers to questions quickly. If it is a process, then you are kept in the loop of who is working on it and what stage the ticket is in.

PROS

User Friendly and the feature of seeing names of those calling in and if there isn't a name associated then over 90% of the time there is a number associated that I can research where it came from.

CONS

I just wish that we could delete VM from our email and that it would delete from the desktop phone as well. We work remotely part of the time and so I come into the office with a lot of emails to check.

Hospitality, 5,001-10,000 employees

Great product

PROS

G12 uses the same Yealink platform that I have used for other phone providers. Moving over to G12 has been seamless. There was no need to learn a new system.

CONS

There are a few features that are available on my other Yealink platform that are not present with G12. Text to speech voicemail and forwarding the main line from the phone inventory list. Though there is a way to forward the phone number through the software, it requires a few extra steps.

Reason for choosing G12 Communications

Better customer support and lower price.

Moving from on prem PBX & PRI to VoIP platform

Ian

Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Great phone system

PROS

Phone system has excellent performance for standard functionality. No downtime in the past 5 months. Support team is located in the US which makes them easy to work with.

CONS

Setting up advanced features has been challenging. G12 has been able to accommodate all our requests but it takes a lot of back-and-forth. Configuring some advanced features on extensions is difficult.

Reason for choosing G12 Communications

Functionality for priceLocal presenceUS based support

Joseph

Computer Networking, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2023

G12, Becoming Best in Class

G12 does an excellent job at retaining customers. What I appreciate is their willingness to work with me in setting up SIP services on an older PBX. They have a keen sense of this technology which I belileve gives them an edge.

PROS

G12's process from initial inquiry, to creating scope of work, implentation, and follow up is exceptional. G12 has experienced engineers which I have utilized to turn up services as well as trouble shoot issues that come up.

CONS

So far I can't say that I have any Cons to report. G12 is a very good company. Their pricing is very amenable compared to the ILEC and other CLECs.

Jonathan

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Big Upgrade and Great Service

PROS

The phones we have from G12 have lots of features, and customer service is great when I've needed help.

CONS

Call transfers can be a little tricky sometimes. The speed dial buttons are annoying to program when you have lots of users.

Reasons for switching to G12 Communications

Our old phones didn't work well, so it was time for an upgrade.

Glenn

Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

Very competent voip platform

Great support and quality of service make this a no Brainer when it comes to a voip system.

PROS

The product performs as it should. This is a production phone environment for business and customers. Consistency is key and as long as the internet is up, phones work.

CONS

The ability to store forwarding information in case of an internet outage to toggle on and off is an important feature that is missing from our portal.

Reason for choosing G12 Communications

Total cost of ownership is less over the term of the agreement.

Reasons for switching to G12 Communications

Cost and coexistence on production network.

Steve

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2024

G12 provides excellent VOIP and support

Very good experience. Using their services for several years now.

PROS

Ease of use and flexibility for my small business

CONS

The user portal a bit confusing for people on my team

Ken

Law Practice, 2-10 employees

Small Law Firm Switching from PBX to VOIP

The firm was very responsive during a hectic setup period arising from a move of our office location and a switch from a T-1 PBX to VOIP. They did a good job at a handling a pretty complex number porting project.

PROS

Good customer support during the deployment process

CONS

The user interface takes some getting used to.

Reason for choosing G12 Communications

They were recommended by Fidelis Communication as being able to integrate with our move and the other tech Fidelis was coordinating for us - new servers, cloud backup, firewalls, VPN, etc.

Reasons for switching to G12 Communications

Switching to less expensive VOIP system contemporaneously with an office relocation.

Jeremy

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Great and User Friendly

overall we have found a way to use G12 for the products it offers and what we need in order to make a perfect pair for our clients that need to communicate with us daily through phone and text

PROS

The fact that we can use the software through the computer for texting and calls is a life saver for our team

CONS

there were some glitches in the beginning that made the mobility of the product not usable for our company but we were able to use it as a stationary product.

Reason for choosing G12 Communications

because of the vast amount of offerings it has and the computer access availability

Kris

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

G12 is an exceptional choic

PROS

G12 has consistently gone above and beyond with their service. From the service just working, to correcting any issues or assisting with changes whenever needed the team is always responsive, well informed and able to make sure everything is working as expected

CONS

I have not had any cons when working with G12.

Raj

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

I have no problems with G12. Very good service

PROS

I really like how we can use the app and how it can be essentially a second phone on your smartphone.

CONS

I believe the app needs to be refreshed and updated.

Reason for choosing G12 Communications

We were told by our IT service company that G12 would be more efficient and less costly

sarah

Architecture & Planning, 2-10 employees

Great features and support

PROS

It was very easy to set up and get going.

CONS

Setting up a new employee with voicemail requires calling support instead of being to easily do it inhouse.

Reason for choosing G12 Communications

The features and price, and the company was recommended by our IT company.

Chrissy

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Highly Recommend

We are able to know that when we manage customers phones and Teams integration that it's solid and stable.

PROS

We have used several different phone providers throughout the years at our customer sites and none have been as stable and easy to administer as G12. The integration with Teams is excellent.

CONS

Not enough features for call center, helpdesk needs.

Instability and no Teams integration

Gary

Translation and Localization, 51-200 employees

Awesome platform

G12 has been awesome to work with, from the initial sales call, implementing the new system and after support. I highly recommend G12.

PROS

Everything works perfectly. The system has all the features we need and more.

CONS

No cons, everything is perfect and works as it should.

Reason for choosing G12 Communications

More features, better value but most importantly a local company.

Alexandra