Browse Google Hangouts Reviews

Denise Nicole from Philippine Normal University

December 2021

Google Hangout is our new hangout place!

Allows me to catch up with my friends through online! We use this when we do video call! This is all free so we maximize the use of it! Amazing sofware!

Pros

Me and my friends use this when we want to to group video call! We also created a group chat where we can send photos and exchange convos! We use this because it sends notifications on our gmail when it is time for our hangout so no one forgets our scheduled time for video calling. This is a great software and make us feel professional in a way because everything is organized and formal!

Cons

I do not have any complain about this software. It is all good and free!!!!

Lena from SOS Grooming

Industry: Veterinary

Google hangouts is ok software for business

For the software to be free, it is decent to use. The features that are offered work well and reliably, so you can be confident using the messaging, chat, or video calls for your business. I would have liked to been able to record and live stream though. The recordings are so important for employees that miss meetings or for tracking our clients pets while in the facility.

Pros

I like that it is free and easy to use. The chat and video feature is great for having meetings without everyone present.

Cons

I really don’t like that you can not screen share or record your meetings. The live steaming feature is absent as well.

Reasons for Choosing Google Hangouts

It was free and was easy to use.

Steph from Gill Foundation

Subpar product

It was fine to use in a pinch, especially because the cost was included in our google suite already. But it made our team look rag-tag instead of professional, compared to other products.

Pros

It's easy to use and share a link if you are already logged into google suite. One of the easiest features is when integrating with Google Calendar, a Hangout link can be immediately generated within a google calendar invite. So you don't have to go through an additional step or service to set up a link.

Cons

It just isn't as good as competitor products. The video quality is fuzzy, it regularly needs to buffer, the sound lags sometimes, and the format just isn't as nice-looking. There also aren't as many customization options as competitive products.

Reasons for Choosing Google Hangouts

Cost, initially. But we eventually switched to Zoom.

Edin from Carnival Cruise Line

Hangouts is one of the best chat apps ouththere

The options provided in Google Hangouts are just great. It is a simple to use chat / communication app with options for private chat, private call, business chat, group chat or conference calls. It has been used on daily basis by me and my colleagues and it never fails us.

Pros

The simplicity and ease of access of Google Hangouts is just amazing. It is integrated into the Google's package and it is very easy to use and get used to. The amount of people using any of the google products is incredibly high, therefore it is easy to reach to anyone via the Google Hangouts. A great addition for private and business use!

Cons

The only thing that might be noted as a con or a down side is the way that the mobile App acts sometimes, as it does not load that easily from time to time and sometimes it opens, freezes and closes again so it has to be re-started in order for it to work smoothly.

Reasons for Switching to Google Hangouts

Easier to use, more users.

Lauren from Compucom

Hangouts is Basic But Works

Pros

It is very easy to use. It did not take much time to learn.

Cons

It’s features are limited but include what is generally needed for messaging and online calls.

Reasons for Switching to Google Hangouts

Company decision to switch use of tools.

A perfect solution for small to large businesses

Pros

I love the simplicity of use, the fact that it's synced to your Google account and everything is searchable from Gmail

Cons

Lacks pro features threading and commenting on messages

Ryan from Monday

Better tools out there

Overall, Hangouts can do 90% of what it's meant to do. Not only can it host video but the messaging side is fun and intuitive.

Pros

Hangouts is a fine tool, allowing you to accomplish the basics of collaborating virtually. You're equipped with virtual backgrounds, snappy UI, and quick controls. In addition, a powerful chat function lives here as well.

Cons

While the tool is helpful, the screensharing abilities are somewhat clunky. In addition, the call quality is inferior to other platforms in the market (reliability).

Venkanna from Amazon India

The most Underrated messenger

I love hangouts. I believe this app and it is a Secured one. But team need to concentrate more on some issues. Still this app is the most Underrated app and I want hangouts team to look into these technical issues.

Pros

I love using hangouts. I suggest using this app due to following reasons: 1. This is more secured chat app than many 2. Easy to connect 3. Meetings are easier here as this is integrated with google 4. Smileys, GIF's and emotes which are funny and can enjoy using them 5. Switching voice call to video and vice-versa. this is the first app to introduce this feature

Cons

1.The call timer wont stop immediately, I encounter this glitch after I end the call and this is sometimes irritating too. 2. Sending Voice notes. I hope this function will be added soon and I bet the usage of this app will increase with this one feature. 3. One more difficulty with hangouts I face is with ringtones, I could not change ringtone of calling and notification on Realme 5 pro. 4. Sometimes i need to uninstall the app and reinstall as it keep on popping up "the app isn't responding"

Najah from CRESCENT MEDICAL CENTER LANCASTER

Good for communication

Good if you buy the package

Pros

Its good can be easily used with you any google account

Cons

need more and more money for licensing and package

Molly from Church Marketing University

Google Hangouts is great for connecting remote

Pros

Google hangouts makes it easy to connect with people who are not nearby. The chat feature (even after the meeting is ended) is fantastic

Cons

Google hangouts is more glitchy than alternatives, and doesn't offer as many integration or customization options

Hangout or Hangup?

Pros

As a free service, I have used it in a very informal manner with others and we have had seamless communications. It's easy to use, easy to integrate, and comes with easy pricing plans for all of your business/social needs.

Cons

Communication features such as notifications/invites could use slight improvement. Not always consitent/reliable.

Aminuddin from Celcom Axiata Berhad

Simple instant chat software

Having a simple quick messenger is really improving my work progress and letting me and my team to connect quickly to collaborate on task quickly. Wonderful experience is all that i can said.

Pros

Google Hangouts is free to use and comes with Gmail account. I can create and join multiple chat group to help me separating from work group chat and personal and social group chat. Another thing that i like is, it can be easily accessed from my smartphone as i mostly only have my smartphone when i am out from office.

Cons

What i like the least with Google Hangouts is, it has limitation on file size that can be sent thru the software. I can only sent and attach a maximum of 200MB file size, and need to switch to other file transfer software to sent a file that sized more than 200MB. Other than that, this software is very helpful in connecting me and my colleague.

Reasons for Switching to Google Hangouts

WhatsApp is sharing user personal data with Facebook for advertisement, and it may not suitable messenger for business purposes.

Dlamini Percis from University of the Western Cape

Google Hangouts Review

I have first-hand experience with using Google Hangouts (Classic). I use it daily for local and international communication, chats groups, audio, and video calls. Specifically, I use Google Hangouts for my meetings, lecturers and conference presentations regardless of time and location constraints. It has been a highly effective platform for one-on-one and group interaction. Besides, Google Hangouts is compatible with iOS and Android apps. I highly recommend Google Hangouts for individual, professional and business use.

Pros

Google Hangouts is an integrated communication app that allows users to make calls, send messages, and attend video conferences. I use Google Hangouts (Classic) for my lectures, departmental, faculty and international communication. Setting up Google meeting is easy, even from a shared work calendar. As a lecturer, I communicate effectively and remotely with my students, particularly during the COVID -19 pandemic because social distancing is a norm. Google Hangouts also has a user-friendly interface, launched from a web browser, with buttons for calls, video, instant messenger, messenger and chats. It also allows for seamless integrating with other apps, Google Docs or Drive and can be launched from Gmail.

Cons

I have not encountered problems with Google Hangouts yet.

Reasons for Switching to Google Hangouts

I made the switch because Google Hangouts is a secure platform as compared to its competitors.

Andrew from Amazon

Google Hangouts Review

Overall, Hangouts has been invaluable for our business during COVID. Technical difficulties are rare and if they do happen to pop up, they are easily fixed and never long-lasting. It has been an extremely valuable tool for us.

Pros

Google Hangouts (along with Google Chat) has made it effortless to connect with our teams around the globe and makes video conferencing super easy and efficient. It's ease of use and functionality make it more preferable than Zoom, which has often been glitchy or difficult for some members to use. Especially during COVID, Hangouts makes video conferencing extremely simple and has allowed our team to stay in contact while also allowing us to get facetime with clients who we usually see on a monthly basis. That face-to-face interaction is invaluable to our business and helps us maintain and build relationships despite not being able to meet in person.

Cons

There is little to dislike about Hangouts, but I would like to see more features and functionality to boost the software overall. Since Hangouts is so easy to use, it'd be nice to have a variety of features that are more advanced and integrated into Google's suite of products. For example, if on a Hangout call, users could easily have access to Google Drive, Docs, or Sheets to quickly send files and to share amongst the team in a more seamless fashion.

Fadiah from Maybank

Increase team communication effectiveness

Pros

The fact that Google has integrated hangouts directly into your email page makes it appear to be more user-friendly, even to those who have never used it previously. I appreciate that I can post messages and get alerts promptly. You may even hold team meetings from one central location—technology at its most advanced.

Cons

While utilizing workspace, I haven't delved into the Google Hangouts part of things yet. It has been brought to my attention that the price is a bit unclear. If the designers could provide a better choice to integrate all of these aspects into one and make it so that the cost can be identified, we would most likely employ it on the business side.

Best way to stay linked

Besides the phase out it was my go to chat and text and calling source with Google voice and it kept me able to work and stay in contact with work and personal life

Pros

Up until this year Google had Google voice and Hangouts integrate so incoming calls and texts for voice went to Hangouts. This kept everything organized and in one space. That's been phased out and Google is pushing for Google meet and chat to take over but besides that it's been my go to for over ten years now. You can keep your personal number private and have Hangouts be the business cover and still have everything go to one device if you choose.

Cons

It's very minimal on it's capabilities now that Google voice has been removed. You can't make calls without voice. Also the need to have a Gmail account can be frustrating if the person you want to talk to doesn't have Gmail, now that voice is removed. Google has basically said they are transitioning to meet and chat and will be phasing out Hangouts next year

Reasons for Switching to Google Hangouts

It had so much more integration and a more professional use

Glenn from International Rice Research Institute

Industry: Research

Chat and Meet, but little else

Good chat app for people in the Google ecosystem, but it is far from the best out there.

Pros

The default chat app in my office, as we work within the Google ecosystem. For me it is very serviceable, and its integration with Google Meet makes setting up online teleconferencing very fast and easy.

Cons

I find Hangouts a bit lacking in functionality, as we can only send each other text, links, and images. Adding a way to send actual documents, animated gifs, and even videos intuitively without having to place them first in Google Drive, would be most appreciated.

Benjamin from Newtek Technology Services

Best messaging software for users

I love the way that anyone in my circle can easily contact me and because it cab be installed on practically everything I never miss a message or contact.

Pros

The best part of this software is the ability to have it in use across multiple platforms. Cell Phone, Computer, tablet, etc. one-stop for making sure I am connected to those who need to contact me.

Cons

I have been using this software for a very long time and I honestly have not found anything lacking as far as daily use goes.

Reasons for Switching to Google Hangouts

Hangouts was far easier to use and less intrusive resource wise on my devices.

Karan from Fusion

Spending half my day on this tool every working day - love it!

Can't imagine my work calendar without Google Hangouts/Meet - the most important collaboration tool during the virtual worklife!

Pros

The most simple and easy tool out there for online meetings, webinars, discussion, and interviews. The Google suite integration is addictive - you'll hate to use Zoom or Teams once you get used to this!

Cons

Consumes a lot of RAM even on a 16 GB machine. Shoots up the fan speed a lot. The limit on the number of participants per meeting is a little hindering. It prevents events/meetings with larger audiences.

Paul from OpenField Co

The best around

Overall I love it. It's so easy to use, very convenient, and just works.

Pros

It's so easy to use and links with your G-suite.

Cons

Being linked with your G-suite it can be tricky when interfacing with people who are not Google users.

Reasons for Choosing Google Hangouts

Blue Jeans was way too expensive and had a lot of additional features that we would not use. Zoom was good but also more expensive when it came to using the product. Also both were another piece of software and his was already part of our workflow.

Saqib from Softronic Systems (Pvt.) Ltd.

Google Hanouts - Conversational Platform

Overall my experience is good because after using Google Hangouts I am connected with many people simultaneous.

Pros

This is the well conversational platform where I can communicate from my colleagues, family and relatives in short time with instant responding. I also aware the circumstances which is going in country or world by daily basis with my colleagues and friends and I can also attache a file or photo too in Google Hangouts.

Cons

I never found yet but I face hanging or stuck problem with this.

google hangouts is great for the price, can be unrealiable.

I switched to Google Hangouts Meet because of the price (always been free for me so far). Because of COVID I was using online classes and meetings a lot and kept running out of time or running out of funds to budget the video conf. cost. For the price, it is great and does save me money, especially since everything had to be distanced for so long.

Pros

Google Hangouts Meet is a good app for the price(free). It works great for quickly planned meetings, quick chats, and such. Overall it is a good tool to try.

Cons

What I have disliked about Google Hangouts Meet is that almost every laptop user I have dealt with for some reason has to change the speaker setting that they are using to hear you. This is not something that has ever happed with a video app before. Also, the google invite link always works if it was just sent. So if you are planning something last minute you are good to go. If you are planning something in advance though 7 times out of 10 the link won't work for all or just some and you'll have to start over in the moment.

Reasons for Choosing Google Hangouts

Same as the previous 2 answers. I switched because of the low price and time I could use it.

Reasons for Switching to Google Hangouts

All about the price because of how much I was using video.

Akshay from Coinbase

Unintuitive Screensharing makes this a pass

5/10 -- gets the job done, but not as good as Zoom in my opinion. Google really missed the ball on this one.

Pros

-Easy Integration with google calendar -Not too hard to send meeting links and invite members -Video background blur functionality is great

Cons

When screensharing, there's no way to see people's faces -- Google Hangouts desparately needs a mac app or some functionality so that I'm not asking "can you see my screen"

Company mandated

Igor from Ipnet Growth Partner

Hangouts Review

google chat is the best and fastest corporate messaging tool, easy to use and fully integrated with google

Pros

google hangouts is very easy and quick to use, fully integrated with gmail, it helps me a lot to communicate with my customers and suppliers

Cons

unfortunately there is no possibility to make a call to a user who does not have a google account, and it is also not possible to place personalized photos in groups

Best tool for daily meetings

I prefer Google meets over the other similar platforms, I have experience with Zoom and it was very annoying from the beginning, with the time limitation and other problems. Google meet is easy to use, intuitive, best for instant calls.

Pros

It's very easy to use, fast and comfortable. The best thing is you don't have to pay for having longer meetings. Everything is very simple, easy to navigate around, both in web version and mobile app.

Cons

There is not a thing I don't like about google Meet, rather a suggestion to have an option of screen sharing in mobile app. Also, it would be nice to see the history, currently we only see the daily scheduled meetings. Also having noise cancellation would be great.

Mojadi from Michigan State University

Easy To Use Collaborative Tool

I use Google Hangouts a bit. Unfortunately, I had to switch to Zoom Meeting for most of my video conferencing needs just because Zoom has more functions such as meetings vs webinars as well as breakout rooms. I still have an active Hangouts account but I don't use it as much as I used to.

Pros

It is easy to use. Since almost all o my team have Gmail accounts, it is easy to plan and have appointments synch to the team Google Drive as well as individual Google calendars for meetings and team events. In addition, it is easy to use with external vendors/partners and clients as well.

Cons

I wish it was compatible with other software like Dropbox. This would make it easier to share files outside the G-suite. Furthermore, more features such as users being able to rename themselves on calls and even breakout rooms in video calls would increase its usability.

Andrea from Hello Fresh

Great software!

Great!

Pros

I was working for Hello Fresh when the Pandemic hit and we moved our sales from doing face to face at events to doing them via Google Hangouts. I love how easy it is, you do not need a third party app which is great and don't need to have a google email account to receive an invite. I also like that it is free.

Cons

The only thing I don't love is that I cannot record on Google Hangouts and would need a third party app, other than that I love the software.

Md from National AgriCare Group Ltd.

Industry: Chemicals

Google Hangouts - the easiest portal for effective and real time communication

For any type of business, effective communication is mandatory for proper actions to be carried out. In my organization, we use this application for instant and real time messaging with the colleagues which ensures access to information in a easier way. Except generating revenues, we could achieve a better team with great collaboration.

Pros

Google Hangouts is extremely easy to use and the availability in handsets and computers make it more convenient. Main features which I like most about Google Hangouts are as follows - instant messaging, focused screen, voice and video calls, file sharing options etc. In addition to these, the customer support is excellent.

Cons

Google Hangouts is an excellent software. I am using this for more than two years & it does not have any improvement area.

Perfect Daily Communications Toll.

Overall experience is too good, inn this pandemic we was in home, we did out all office stuff in my home, as we all are using google and Gmail, so hangout is one of them, we all need to connected our mail, some time need to talk team members so we have a group on this we just drop a call or text on that no problem all together complete package I get from their.

Pros

In pandemic we used video call we can see each of my team member, i can get from there, as we know we are using other social media for communication, but for office work i need a decent software or work and i get it, To be very honest i am too pleased wit this, specially test video call and audio call perfect.

Cons

Great software no double about is but need to focused on this branding consumer need to know how this is work .

Larisa from ElectroPulse Brest

Industry: Building Materials

Built-in messenger for the Google ecosystem.

Hangouts are group chats for communicating with friends and colleagues in the familiar Google interface.

Pros

The service supports work with different devices, as well as different operating systems Windows, Mac OS, iOS. Convenient to use for group chats. In addition to voice and text communication, there are video calls and desktop sharing. Everything is very intuitively simple and you do not need to additionally understand what and how to set up. Very well suited for online meetings with clegs.

Cons

A rather archaic communication system that has lost the competition in the online conferences market to more convenient and functional services with showing presentations, sending files to participants, etc.

Giovanni from PowerBuy

Google Hangouts is convinient both in Web and in mobile version.

Overall experience is good. This is the software where we actually have group chat at work. One of our group chat is for log-in information so we can track the chat time stamp from there and compare it with the log information we have on the screen monitoring software of the company.

Pros

It is the quickest way to communicate with the people at work specially when you are always on your google email. The mobile version also give me the ease of getting important or urgent worl related matter even when i'm not in front of my computer. File sharing is also great because other platform doesn't have this option. I can easily send screen capture needed by my team leaders for checking our work progress.

Cons

Only with the screen sharing, there is no option to share sound of your computer. I believe that this feature requires improvement. But if you are not doing any post production job then its fine. It is the easiest and quickest way to communicate with people at work specially if your companmny is using google server email.

Falisha from Nielsen

Review for Google Hangouts

My team like to use this application as it is quick to connecting to the software.

Pros

Google Hangouts is easy to use directly from the Gmail account and can be access from the web browser or the smartphone. It is good for video conference between a team and the quick chat help us to contacting with each other quickly. We can linked it with Google Drive for sharing files between us.

Cons

There are limitation on people that can join the video conference and it is not too effective to be use with a large audience. The video conference has no tools like hand rise or changing the presenter. All of it need to be done manually and no specific tools for it.

Brian from O.C. Tanner

Save money and use this

Pros

Has everything all the other big name video conferencing products have that are actually critical to running a business virtually. They are always making updates and from what i've seen I haven't been disappointed.

Cons

Nothing I can think of. Maybe just easier access to knowing how to raise hand and other functions like that for first time users. Maybe a tutorial ability but i'm nit picking.

Reasons for Switching to Google Hangouts

Changed companies. Not a huge difference from the end user standpoint.

Isabel from Isabel Azalia Portrait Design

Easy for all the users to use.

Overall google hangouts is good. The audio and video quality is good and a lot of people know how to use it. I just want my recordings to be private and google doesn't offer that.

Pros

I actually use this for a mastermind group that I am in. It seemed to be the easiest to use and the most amount of people were familiar with how to use it and had a google account of some sort to be able to use it. We do video conferencing over this and the quality of the calls and videos are quite good.

Cons

I really wish google respected our privacy. That's really my only issue with this software. I don't like it that they give the government all kinds of backdoors to listen in on the people of this country.

Reasons for Switching to Google Hangouts

Literally because some people didn't want to download Telegram and they don't care as much about privacy as I do.

Shenda from Imerys

Industry: Mining & Metals

Great collaboration tool for your teams & entire organization

I’ve had a great experience! This tool has enable out team to work / collaborate much easier especially with remote work set ups!

Pros

In addition to the many wonderful tools google has ( Sheets, GMail etc..) adding google hangouts is just one final way to stream line all your productivity tools!

Cons

How anyone can just be added to a group without permission. If google can add an accept first button before you are thrown into a group created by others.

Stream line

Carlos from BAUD

Easy, good quality calls

very good. Somo improvements would be fine, as noice cancelling, but its ok

Pros

easy of use. It's not necessary to install any software. This is very good to arrange meetings with clients

Cons

it doesnt cancel properly the exterior sound. When there is some noise, it affects directly on the conversation

Nimubona from Internet Services

Google Hangouts is an amazing platform for communication.

I use Google Hangouts for group meetings with other members and it makes it easy to exchange ideas without having to meet each other.

Pros

The accessibility to Google Hangouts is easy as it is available using a smartphone or a computer. In Google Hangouts there are several features. Google Hangouts is a complete tool that allows us to communicate easily with others. Moreover, it is free and offers us good quality for video and voice calls. Using Google Hangouts is easy and straightforward as it is easy to create groups or individual chats. Google Hangouts ensures a good security of the user's data because all data are protected. What I like the most about Google Hangouts is the possibility and ease of integration with other Google applications like Google Calendar, Google docs and Google Drive.

Cons

What I don't like about Google Hangouts is the impossibility to make a video call with a large group of people because the number of participants is limited. Also, using Google Hangouts for video calls requires a very fast connection for best performance.

TRAVIS from UMYH

Essential Team Communication tool

Overall, we've really liked our experience with Google Hangouts. The ability to add gifs is the whipped cream and cherry on top!

Pros

I really like it's integration within Gmail. It'd nice that I don't have to have something else open and taking up space on my desktop for it to work. It's also nice that convos are mirrored on the phone app.

Cons

While it's nice that it is integrated within Gmail, it doesn't have enough visibility in the Gmail window. It would be nice if we could change it's size or placement to make it easier to reach once we get to multiple conversations.

Josh from Kimberly Area School District

Clean, Organized Messenger

Overall, Hangouts is useful when trying to keep tabs on a number of conversations with Google. It isn't the flashiest tool, but it certainly gets the job done.

Pros

This product is certainly easy to use. Users will get what they expect, a simple way to communicate with other Google users. It's incredibly easy to begin and continue conversation, and there are a number of tools available during a conversation (attachments, video chat, etc.) that add to its functionality. In the end, it's a simple, clean tool for holding conversations, both with one individual or with a group.

Cons

Keeping tabs on where each conversation is is a bit of a challenge. Hangouts sorts all discussions in a long, scrolling list. Conversations can be found by typing into the search bar by using group members' names, but this leaves much to be desired since there is no way to organize and prioritize conversations.

Gem from Self-Employed

Google Zoom?

Overall, I did enjoy Google Hangouts, however, I ended up using Zoom more frequently due to the ease of use and the familiarity my English as a Second Language students already have with the Zoom platform.

Pros

During the height of the pandemic in 2020, I was scheduling video call interviews via Google Calendar and the Google Suite automatically attached a Google Hangout link to each scheduled interview. I had never used Google Hangout prior to this, so I was nervous at first but it was surprisingly simple to use! I was pleased with the push Google made to maintain social distancing and offer alternative meeting methods, this made both me and my customers happy.

Cons

There aren't as many features compared to Zoom, and as the software is from a different company things I am used to are located in different areas of the screen and settings can oftentimes be difficult to get to. I also don't like the connection GoogleHangouts has to my email address, as sometimes I want my personal information to remain anonymous until I have established a further connection with my clientele.

Neil from Austin Master Services LLC

Industry: Environmental Services

We have kept costs down by utilizing Hangouts, there was a time when the company was looking at a video conferencing phone system. Hangouts has ensured that we do not spend a lot of money.

Pros

The software is set up for basic computer experienced individuals. All functions are laid out in a manner that there is no searching for the feature. Even the dread screen sharing is rather simple to utilize.

Cons

The only downfall of the software (like some of its competitors) is once there are too many individuals on, there is a lag time.

google hangouts : great tool

Google hangouts solves the most important problem of connecting with the team mates in efficient manner. It is a very helpful tool as the colleagues are sitting at different places in the large organization.

Pros

Google hangouts is a great software for virtual meetings and conferences. It is very easy to use and understand because the interface is simple and clean. The set up is extremely easy and can be done on multiple devices such as laptops, tablets and phones.

Cons

Google hangouts offers a video calling to limited number of participants which cannot be used to address large audiences. Also, Usually every meeting ends with a Minutes of meeting but there is no functionality for the same.

Very friendly software

Very friendly and easy to use.

Pros

The product is super easy to use and understand since the first use, icons are clear and simple, video and audio work great even if you're not connected to a wi-fi net.

Cons

There's really nothing I dislike about google hangouts, I could say that the only thing that could improve and is not a big deal is the resolution for the sharing screen feature.

Raluca from 5 Fold

Easy daily team communication

Pros

We use it daily for our internal team communication and video calls. It is totally free and you can have it set up on your desktop and phone. Their interface is user friendly and you can easily create new chat rooms. Google Hangouts integrates well with other Google products.

Cons

You must have high speed internet to use it because a slow speed internet will make it hard to use. The sound and video quality could be better. Not great for enterprise and client meetings.

FATMA from Kässbohrer

Simple to connect

Overall i am really satisfied with the product and i think it is really helpful to relieve your stress level.

Pros

The most i like about Hangouts is easy of use. It is been definitely a stress reliever. It is easy to connect during video chats and easy to make chats. Also with file sending option, you can both make your meetings and send files.

Cons

I am overall really satisfied about this software. They can make more progress though. It is not still on Skype level.

Sanjeep from Herald

Perfect tools for Meeting and presentation

Pros

Reason for using Hangouts are listed below: - Lightweight and easy - Needed features are available (video call, screen sharing audio call and etc.) - Usability - Free

Cons

It would be better if some features are update: some of list are listed below: - Require good internet (Poor video quality and blur screen sharing) - It show in call emo even all meets is end - It would be better if there was option to unsend mistake messages

Prashant from Prabha Gyan Peeth Sr. Sec. School

Professional Messaging Tool Withing the Organization

Professional Messaging Apps, Group Video & Audio call, Safe and Secure in Terms of Privacy

Pros

mobile Free Messaging Tool within the Organization, Specially People Working on Mail Platform, Easy Setup Time , Group Formation is Easy, Can Connect across the Country, Easily Add Drives Files

Cons

Video and Audio Quality is Less as Compare to Other Social App, Labling of User is not Possible Need Advance feature Like Polls, Audio Sending etc

Tigran from Abilene Rental Homes

Great product, but doesn't support calls anymore

Nice product, I used to use it daily, but now it is being discontinued, and I had to switch to the Google Voice, which is, basically, a less table version of Hangouts.

Pros

This used to be a great product with calls and texts made from a Google phone number. Super convenient, especially when there are several different businesses in different areas.

Cons

Only one problem - it is not possible to make calls through Hangouts. I had to migrate to Google Voice.

Keziah from Talanta Institute

Great software but outdated

I loved the software but highly think that it was not made for large groups or companies. If you run a small company or group, I would recommend you get this software.

Pros

1. I like that it integrates with Gmail and Google Calendar. 2. compared to other similar soft wares that charge, google hangouts allows Screen sharing for free. 3. Its great for internal conversation within the company. 4. Its very easy for one to set up and use.

Cons

What i like least about the software is that it requires a very stable and high bandwidth for it to be used, otherwise the quality will be poor.

Jon from MyArea Network

Google Hangouts connects our work team everyday

Overall I'm very happy with the features and functionality of Google Hangouts.

Pros

Great software to stay connected with various co-workers or teams. Lots of versatility and features like video chats.

Cons

Sometimes the reminders get crazy if you're connected on a mobile phone and on a laptop. My phone dings the same time my laptop, lol. The video call feature can be glitchy to simply answer and hang up.