Marchex Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"What i like the most about marchex is that it helps me recording my tracks. My calls are auto saved and the details like date, time, caller, status, place and others are there."
  • icon"I like how easy it is to listen to calls, filter and export reports for clients. Very Happy with the services that are provided for me."
  • icon"Customer support for set up is very good, quick and simple."
  • icon"Inability to receive reports on specific data points."
  • icon"Reports are hiding and not clearly found. If you schedule reports for certian users you can't see which reports are schedueld for which user."
  • icon"We have had to switch out phone numbers due to bad calls coming in. Some of those calls were robo calls so the numbers must have been added to a list."

Have you used Marchex and would like to share your experience with others?

All Marchex Reviews

Must Have Tool for Call Tracking

Pros

The program is easy to use and can handle high volume of information without affecting how it functions. If you run large call tracking campaigns it has the ability to be plugged into another tracking dashboard which is a huge plus! It provides stats within the program which is another plus, this allows you to quickly analyze data without having to physically do the calculations and comparisons yourself. You manage all of your information and campaigns which takes the headache out of dealing with a third party. Customer service is also really helpful in making sure you are using the program to its highest potential.

Cons

Sometimes it can glitch, and some of the features are definitely under-utilized due to accessibility. Overall I would recommend to everyone.

Good Product for Call Tracing, easy to use

able to track calls generated from Google Adwords ad spend and focus on getting more calls and spending less in Google Adwords. Also able to track calls generated from Facebook. Calls are recorded and interface allows for easy listening to determine quality of the call.

Pros

customer support for set up is very good, quick and simple Keyword Level Tracking available integrates easy enough with Google Adwords for keyword level tracking, but haven't been able to track search terms used

Cons

customer support for trouble shooting is a little difficult interface is easy enough to use but calls data needs to be downloaded to generate reports getting in touch with a sales person is not easy not a lot of bells and whistles compared to other platforms

Zakary

A tool that has failed to adapt to change.

It served its purpose however we are now moving to a software that has more features that lend itself towards digital marketing.

Pros

I enjoy being able to have visibility into our calls we are receiving both internally and for our clients to understand ways to better handle our inbound calls.

Cons

The software hasn't really changed the user experience since the first time I logged on in 2017. It has had the same look and seemingly the same functionality.

Response from Marchex

We take feedback from customers very seriously and are disappointed to hear we didn't meet the high standards of excellence we strive to provide every customer. Regarding the product feature set, Marchex launched its new Marketing Edge platform with numerous key integrations and self-serve functionality in July 2020. While migration of existing customers from our older MCA platform is currently voluntary, customers who have completed the migration have expressed very positive feedback. We have a streamlined process for migration that is aimed toward minimal disruption to customers. The invitation extended in October 2020 to your company is still open and our team is ready to provide a seamless experience. Please reach out to me directly at Connect@marchex.com to discuss further. Thank you for being a customer. Lance G, Marchex Customer Experience Team.

Replied March 2021

Reporting to be desired

marketing numbers and the ability to listen to them, the basics

Pros

It records the calls and allows you to create marketing numbers as needed. archex serves it's purpose but to sift through various calls to understand if it is a good or bad call can be daunting when a property receives 20+ calls a day. They have a service that can point out different words for a charge but I belive this should be standard to provide top of the line service to all customers.

Cons

I think the reporting could be a little more robust and organzied. Certain reports you have to click into one subject for example "by client" run a report to see another type of report pop up that you then elect and select which properties to go to. Reports are hiding and not clearly found. If you schedule reports for certian users you can't see which reports are schedueld for which user. There should also be a way to give access to only certain accounts and not one or all.

Rayne

Always received great data, service, and support!

Pros

Overall tracking ability. It's hard to put a value on being able to effectively track marketing campaigns, but Marchex has really made it possible for us to see what is working and what isn't. The platform has also increased our efficiency for new development transitioning.

Cons

Wish there was a little more detail on some of the reporting and how certain #s are effected. I get a fair amount of "Other" calls by status and am unsure what causes this, but it could be purely from my lack of knowledge about how that category works. I haven't done much research in the help guides regarding. I also have a hard time figuring out how my locations get categorized so I have properties that are broken out and listed just as "other" while the rest have their location names.

Megan

Log in to Marchex Daily for Clients and very easy to navigate through

Pros

I like how easy it is to listen to calls, filter and export reports for clients. Very Happy with the services that are provided for me!

Cons

Nothing comes to mind right now - If anything the fact that I have to go back to the home screen every time to search for a new client would like to have a search or drop down carry through on each page that would be helpful.

Anthony

Great call tracking platform with good customer support

Pre-click and post click call tracking.

Pros

The userface is relatively simple to use and easy to navigate. Pulling reports is pretty straight to the point. Customer support is also very helpful.

Cons

Pulling custom reports is difficult and hard to navigate through. I wish there was a way to automate certain reports such as call logs.

We have used Marchex to track our phone calls and have seen good results.

Call tracking for our call center

Pros

The ability to pull reports for different criteria is helpful when we are looking for specific data. The ease of finding relevant information is helpful.

Cons

The technical support can take a while when there is a problem and we loose out on valuable data while it is being looked into.

Rob

Great service and support but needs a visual facelift on the UI.

Pros

The call tracking is seamless and the reports are robust enough for us to send to clients to justify the advertising we're providing.

Cons

User interface seems dated. I think it could be cleaned up and streamlined a bit more, sometimes you really have to go digging for what you're looking for.

Gemma

It was such a good experience using this software

it helps me lot to designate the call or transfer the calls to the appropriate person. I will definitely recommend this software to the people who are planning to build their new business

Pros

I like it the most because it helps us to segregate or divide the calls to the designated person that needs to transfer the calls

Cons

I don't see any reason to like this software the least because it is very helpful in our jobs. it is a great thing using this software

Shoshana

Fine

Pros

Leads tracked by phone #, we can get phone numbers pretty quickly. Call DNA is helpful to see where you can skip to in the conversation to see when the agent or caller is speaking.

Cons

Inability to receive reports on specific data points. Customer Support does not seem eager to actually work out problems - they try to help but are limited and when you ask for something that they do not currently have, you get the feeling that your request is not being taken seriously. They tell you they will get back to you, but then sometimes their response is, sorry but we can't help you.

Joe

Marchex provides call tracking for all mediums needed at a great price

Dynamic call tracking per medium, so great if you are advertising or driving traffic through various mediums.

Pros

Pricing is a great pro, being cheaper than their competitors. UI is ok not horrible to work with. Support team is pretty knowledgeable.

Cons

Seamless integration requires more technical person to manage. I have not successfully linked to my analytics account yet.

Apple

this software is my widely used software. I am very thankful with this one.

the benefits i get from this software are organized work, i can easily backtrack my calls and I can print it out easily.

Pros

what i like the most about marchex is that it helps me recording my tracks. My calls are auto saved and the details like date, time, caller, status, place and others are there. Also i cant print out the details and open it in spreadsheets.

Cons

what i like the least about marchex is that its not that very handy for beginners. Tutorials and guide are needed in order to know how does it works.

Ana Maria

Very pleasant and easy

Being able to record all the calls and at the same time tag, score and sorting are easy. Giving our agents their assigned percentage of calls is really no sweat.

Pros

Calls are easily accessed. I could also easily review, tag and score each and every call. Call DNA is ready and it also helps to know who is calling for easy giving feedback or returning the call.

Cons

I assign call to certain people everyday and it will take several steps to go there. The percentage division also for calls is sometimes not that strict.

brett

Use the system to set up numbers for our advertising clients

Pros

Easy to set up new numbers, rename numbers. System is easy to use and learn. Reporting feature is VERY good. The reports are visual, easy to customize, and our client like them.

Cons

Deactivating numbers is difficult. Have to follow up to make sure we aren't being charged even deactivating them.

Curran