Microsoft 365 Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"It’s the best professional level software for any office or school. Very reliable and super user friendly."
  • icon"I grew up with this software, it was taught to me at school and I thought it was the only way to do things. I was in love with Microsoft 365, its useful, accessible and easy to use tools."
  • icon"I love that the programs integrate seamlessly and can store files online in the SharePoint platform for ease of use when sharing documents for collaboration."
  • icon"It is terrible on mobile or even if you just have the admin panel taking up half of your screen. Can be frustrating to work with."
  • icon"If I have no internet connection then I an not able to access anything which can be frustrating if I am out somewhere with no connection."
  • icon"The auto quarantining is a bit aggressive and sometimes has false positives. As an admin I can release them so no email is lost, but still a bit annoying."

Have you used Microsoft 365 and would like to share your experience with others?

All Microsoft 365 Reviews

1-25 of 12,335 Reviews

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

Time used: Unspecified

February 2022

Microsoft 365 User Review

Nigel

November 2022

Jack of all trades and master of some

I use Microsoft 365 every day for both business use and personal use. The programmes are invaluable to me and my business. Being the industry standard ensures that compatibility is not an issue. It is stable and feature rich. The user community is active and there is always someone out there who knows how to do what you don't. I love the fact that I can legitimately share my licence with my kids to save them the cost of buying this great package.

Pros

As an all-in-one package it is impossible to beat Microsoft 365. I does everything very well and some things brilliantly. For the price it is, in my opinion, unbeatable. I was sceptical when they brought out the subscription model but now it has proved to be good value for money. As at November 2022 I pay £79.99 for the Family package and I can share my licence with 5 other members of my family. Bargain! The bundle contains Word, Excel and PowerPoint along with Outlook. Additionally you also get 1TB of OneDrive cloud storage - per user. There are other programs to that I don't use including Skype, OneNote, Publisher and some other stuff too.

Cons

There are two cons for me with Microsoft 365. The first is Microsoft's approach to the interface which has been updated over the years and has become to flat and minimalist. Biggest issue is identifying 'Today' in the outlook calendar in Month View. The second issue is the support - or lack of it. Having millions of users worldwide makes it impossible for them to run a phone-line help desk and it is frustrating when you want to give feedback or ask for help. Having said that, most issues can be investigated with Google and YouTube.

Microsoft 365 Makes Things So Much Easier

Overall, I'm very pleased with MS 365! I wouldn't switch to any other Office-like product. I'm with MS 365 from here on out!

Pros

I especially love the fact that SharePoint is a part of Microsoft 365. All the software provided in Microsoft 365 is fantastic, easy to use and understand, and just works. Additionally, Power Automate makes it possible for me to automatically save emails that have attachments directly into a SharePoint library. That alone is a game changer! Love it!

Cons

There's very little that I dislike about this software. The admin side can be a bit confusing, but that's likely just me not knowing enough about it. I wish OneDrive was a bit quicker to sync too. That's the one major issue I have with this. Dropbox blows MS 365's OneDrive away when it comes to syncing speed.

Reasons for choosing Microsoft 365

The whole MS 365 package is so professionally put together and easy to understand. And there's so many training options available for MS 365. Other products seem a bit quirky and at times clunky.

Aby

Outstanding Office Suites for real unexpected solutions

It is always fun while working in our team motivated to benefit rarely reading the entire presented word documents as Microsoft 365 enabled every filtering for sensitive contents within a single click. I just need to draft its framework and the resulting business analysis is always friendly giving us more growth within the limited time.

Pros

With Microsoft 365 my published idea can motivate my team performance for a greater return never ever expected. This ideal innovation stands apart giving us real time remarkable analysis transforming its cloud security in the true ascertainment. When performance scale values our real-time implementation using Word as a documentation input, Powerpoint as its stimulated presented image, Excel for its live charted tabulation across the Visio mind-charts, when outlook can send this across our contacts with no loss of time wanting how everything is in one place for such live implementations. Today with Microsoft 365 I can communicate this workplace anywhere I can connect forgetting any risks. Together we are motivated for re-engineering our results for agile revenue to build up a team that can exist wherever human connectivity cannot be forgotten. I value this timely benefits over a single click when excel predictions can boost our old time historic data into a visual model using sensitive matrix written in a word documents for its follow-ups. I could even find abnormalities from insufficient sources once earned larger investments for this business analysis. I feel overvalued as everything is safe for our teams contributions will be fault-proof from any data vulnerabilities.

Cons

There is less economic solution that can warn us if anything goes wrong within our daily solutions restoring its predictive business operations. How longer there is a clustering technique for cloud activity there must be an enhanced technique comparing everything available online and our own visualizations drafted here exists with no plagiarisms.In this unique detection our workspace must own unique rights over what else may appear for such deep learning predictions. I feel if this necessitate that there is always server-less cloud security in Web 3.0 ahead. My team finds always worth investing here.

Reasons for choosing Microsoft 365

Always expertise says we must complete our tasks creating the best ever possible results. Microsoft 365 helped me with this innovations.

Juan Carlos

Industry: Farming

Plataforma de colaboración

La plataforma viene muy bien y le digo plataforma porque trae un conjunto de herramientas que ayudar con la productividad en el ámbito empresarial.

Pros

El paquete de microsoft 365 es bastante completo, tiene aplicaciones para cada una de las necesidades de colaboración empresarial y diferentes niveles de licencias y asimismo de costo.

Cons

Realmente es una herramienta que debes probar, todo se puede mejorar pero funciona bien.

Reasons for choosing Microsoft 365

Por costos de licenciamiento porque incluia office.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft 365

Para unificar los costos de licenciamiento con office

Michelle

Industry: Information Services

Microsoft 365 Business in a small organization

I use this software every single day and have used Microsoft Office applications since the early 80s. Overall, I like how the software works and the multitude of applications that integrate with each other. It is also extremely affordable for a small organization with a very small budget.

Pros

OneDrive integration is great, so I am able to access files from the cloud on any computer. I also really like that I can use either the online or desktop versions of the software. I am old school and definitely prefer desktop apps.

Cons

Some things that should be super simple, are a bit more complicated. Because we are a very small organization, we do not have the knowledge or know-how for some of the more complicated offerings of MS 365 Business. See previous comments for specific instances of frustration caused by something we believe should be available and simple but is NOT.

Reasons for choosing Microsoft 365

Zoho was ridiculously complicated to figure out how to do simple things, such as phone notifications, shared files, etc....

Gestiona tus datos con Microsoft 365

Excelente experiencia para ambientes laborales empresariales

Pros

La posibilidad de trabajar los archivos en línea en cualquier lugar que nos encontremos.

Cons

El precio es un poco elevado para consumidores individuales.

Reasons for choosing Microsoft 365

Por la integración y uso de otras aplicaciones de microsoft

Reasons for switching to Microsoft 365

Para tener las ultimas actualizaciones de MIcrosoft

The power of MS Office but in the cloud

When we deploy MS 365 it was a revolution in our company. Teams was deployed and used by all the company in days, not weeks or months like in other deployments. We love it so much, you can ask anyone in the company would say the same.

Pros

The integration with all the software included in Microsoft 365 is astonishing, you can do a meeting in Teams, open documents, share it with the peers, etc. The security level is also very great, you have many configuration options to allow a very sophisticated collaboration environment. Teams is an standard in collaboration platforms.

Cons

The desktop softwares are very heavy, you need a lot of RAM to execute them. I couldn't work with Teams in a Surface with 8GB RAM...

Reasons for switching to Microsoft 365

We needed integration with Dynamics 365 and Dynamics AX and Microsoft 365 was the solution.

October 2022

Big companies with Microsoft 365 really know how to effectively collab and leverage everything 365

I’ve had experience working for a company using Google suite and Microsoft is way better professionally. Google suite is better personally.

Pros

It’s very easy for employees to learn Microsoft 365. Fave parts: seeing your teammates calendars, using Microsoft teams for meetings because it generates a transcript, word, PowerPoint, excel, super easy collaboration, easy to present in presenter mode.

Cons

Slack is way better than teams messaging. Slack has better notifications for messaging and better emojis. Microsoft has very limited emojis and they’re not pretty.

Was acquired by another company using Microsoft 365 and it’s been fantastic

Matija

October 2022

All in one productivity hub for small businesses

Microsoft 365 can help teams to fulfill all project tasks with ease and control all created documents on this productivity hub on cloud and you can be sure they are in safe place.

Pros

Integration between different tools and easy documents share with team.

Cons

Admin panel is complex and advanced options needs more knowledge to use it properly.

Reasons for choosing Microsoft 365

Recognizable apps for sheets, docs and other services is easy choose for most of the teams.

Marco

A connected world at my service, online and offline

It took some time to fully understand how to create the working environment you aim too. I should suggest a three step approach: 1)Prioritize your needs between storage and communication. Define minimal objectives on both (eg: use email and connect through teams) 2) Understand what is available out of the box in both storage and communication. Empower a group of users on both. 3) start adding more features vertically (eg: add groups and channels in teams. Control storage of the group. Give rights to invite others)

Pros

Integration, coherence and great ability to cope with plenty of scenarios. Some applications are best of class, others are the current state of the art. It is a must have. A company, with the right support, can build on top of it its new processes for the 21st century company. It is also more than just an environment: plenty of tools to automate, customize and creation of new custom features, thanks to the super rich environment supplied by Azure and its services.

Cons

Availability of so many features position the tool as complex to manage and even learn. It requires knowledge and time to get to work at best. The offering becomes complex for small organizations. Requires customization that a small company has difficulty in create alone, even if the tool is rich of configuration possibilities. It is crucial to be supported by a knowledgeable Microsoft partner to really get the best from it.

Reasons for choosing Microsoft 365

Microsoft is the definitive leader in the cloud office segment. It has formulate a vision and all the offering is coherent with this vision. You can really design the fabric of your business in Microsoft 365 and evolve it mapping most of your requests in its services. The integration with Azure services gives you great ability to innovate and create innovative solutions

Reasons for switching to Microsoft 365

need to sync different workstations, to add organization and communication with the rest of the team, to organize different environments for different businesses in a coherent fashion. The best in class communication features of Microsott teams and the integrated experience of the whole tools made the difference.

Microsoft 365 Makes Me Feel Alive! 10/10

From beginning to end my daily processes rely on 365, and all 365 days of the year... I want to be using this Microsoft software.

Pros

This product has everything from the Exchange Server, Skype for Business Server, and SharePoint, as well as so much more. I wouldn't want to have my Email through any other service due to the great customizations of 365.

Cons

We've had very minor negatives about the software, but if I had to say, I'd say we only use a small percentage of all the services provided, which is a bummer, but the basic is all we need (if that makes sense).

Reasons for choosing Microsoft 365

365 has everything! Also with the latest updates to Microsoft Teams... our organization couldn't thrive without Teams + Outlook + everything else that Microsoft releases so well!

Jon

Office 365 is the cloud version of Office

While you could get by using open source only solutions such as Libre Office or something similar, I've found that the money saved paying for Office is easily offset by the amount of time I have to allocate teaching each user how to use the less intuitive and somewhat buggy "free" software. There are other solutions out there but there is a good reason that Office has been the gold standard for the last 20 plus years. It's well worth the cost.

Pros

- Office is extremely easy to use for a new user but is powerful enough that power users (and developers) can perform amazingly complex processes using just this "simple" tool. - The cloud based solution allows teams to securely share documents (worksheets) and have multiple users updating the document with the changes each user makes reflected to the other users in real time. - You can perform simple actions like mail merge to take a contact list and create cards or labels; however, the tools are rich enough that a developer can use Macros and Regular Expressions to completely transform documents. - It's easy to apply a built-in style (or create your own style for your business) so that all business correspondence is consistently formatted and looks professional. - Outlook is the premier tool for email. I could write an entire review simply on Outlooks Junk mail handling and customized rules. If you use email, you need Outlook. - When you have subscribed to Office 365, Office mobile is available to you as well.

Cons

- The only caveat I have for Office 365 is the monthly (or yearly) billing cycle. If I pay for 12 months of outlook, that's exactly what I get. On month 13, I'm left with no office suite unless I start paying for another month/year. - I prefer to purchase Office 2019 (one time payment that means that I own the software although I am only entitled to updates for 1 year). It still has the ability to work with Office 365 users but isn't quite a well-suited to the cloud as it's physically installed on your laptop.

Reasons for choosing Microsoft 365

Lotus Notes feels like an abandoned product and I just don't feel like I can trust Google not to use my company's data for their own purposes and share it (however "obscured") with advertisers. I explained about LibreOffice above.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft 365

LibreOffice is interesting and is a great option for Linux OS (or spinoffs like Mint, Ubuntu) where users are expected to take the time to learn how to use software that isn't always "user friendly" but for my office, I want something that is user friendly and consistently works (virtually bug free). I'm willing to trade off spending more of my budget on the software to save the more expensive time of my IT resources.

Matteo

Industry: Machinery

September 2022

La suite di riferimento per il lavoro

Prima in azienda usavamo Zimbra per la posta elettronica e l’agenda, LibreOffice come suite Office e alcuni account Zoom per le videoconferenze. Il passaggio a Microsoft 365 ha snellito enormemente il lavoro di tutti i giorni, mettendo a disposizione un ambiente integrato, soprattutto grazie a Teams (messaggistica istantanea e videoconferenze) esteso a tutta la base utenti.

Pros

Microsoft 365 racchiude un ecosistema software Microsoft che comprende la posta elettronica, il calendario, la suite Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) e lo strumento di collaborazione Teams (messaggistica istantanea, videoconferenze, strumenti di collaborazione e condivisione file). In estrema sintesi tutto ciò che serve nella vita aziendale di tutti i giorni ad esclusione dei software specifici per progettisti, grafici, analisti… I vantaggi principali sono l’integrazione tra i diversi strumenti, l’assoluta leadership di mercato per la suite Office e la possibilità di utilizzare tutti gli strumenti in versione cloud, quindi senza dover installare alcun software sul dispositivo in uso, e pertanto senza doversi preoccupare delle prestazioni del PC, dello spazio disponibile su hard disk né dei tempi di installazione.

Cons

A volte l’ecosistema Microsoft è poco intuitivo, a partire dalla gestione del calendario che è accessibile sia da Outlook sia da Teams, con qualche differenza che può creare confusione negli utenti meno esperti. Su dispositivi Apple l’accesso a One Drive per l’archiviazione dei documenti è certamente meno performante dell’accesso ad iCloud, che è la soluzione proprietaria Apple.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft 365

Con Zimbra c’erano parecchie limitazioni per chi voleva utilizzare dispositivi Apple. Con LibreOffice c’erano problemi di condivisione con utenti esterni all’organizzazione. Zoom per le videoconferenze è un ottimo strumento ma le licenze sono molto costose e pertanto solo pochi utenti selezionati erano in grado di chiamare riunioni online, ora con Teams chiunque in azienda può creare una videoconferenza.

Dayna

August 2022

Microsoft 365 is my favorite cloud-based, secure, software suite package!

My overall experience with Microsoft 365 has been great! I have been using them for 10 years and I have no plans of switching to another cloud-based software suite package anytime soon.

Pros

What I like most is how this software allows me to work from anywhere with internet access, from any of my devices after an easy app download. Updates are regular and accurate. I also love how all of my Microsoft Office products are kept in one convenient location, online, as well as in the apps. Microsoft 365 ensures I am always working on the latest version of documents. The price isn't too bad either.

Cons

The only downside to Microsoft 365 is having to have a reliable internet connection in order to be able to access my account and stored files.

Reasons for choosing Microsoft 365

I chose Microsoft 365 over alternative products because of everything that is included and the affordable price.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft 365

I made the switch because I purchased new computer equipment for my home office and personal use. I needed to purchase and install a licensed operating system on each computer, which was going to be expensive. I accidentally stumbled across Office 365, now Microsoft 365 and began researching the product. Once I learned that this software has everything I need and more, I purchased it immediately and have been a loyal customer ever since.

Heiko

October 2022

Erfüllt alle Anforderungen digital arbeitender Unternehmen und der Funktionsumfang wächst permanent

An Microsoft 365 kommt man im Geschäftsleben nicht vorbei. Der Funktionsumfang der Software ist exzellent. Die Verfügbarkeit ist sehr hoch. Die notwendigen Investitionen sind viel geringer als eigene Serverstrukturen.

Pros

Selbst mit wenig IT-Skills ist eine M365-Umgebung schnell aufgebaut. Es gibt sehr viele IT-Berater, die mit Rat und Tat zur Seite stehen, so lassen sich effizient individuelle Office-Umgebungen aufbauen. M365 wächst problemlos mit, wenn das eigene Unternehmen wächst. Weil sehr viele Unternehmen M365 nutzen, ist die it-gestützte B2B-Zusammenarbeit sehr einfach möglich und sehr sicher.

Cons

Der First-Level-Support ist unangenehm. Die Support-Personen betteln permanent um exzellente Bewertungen, auch wenn sie ganz offensichtlich keine Lösungen für Anfragen bieten können. Abgesehen davon, werden alle Probleme aber letztlich gelöst.

Reasons for choosing Microsoft 365

Ich nutze seit Jahrzehnten Microsoftprodukte. Microsoft hat nicht das beste Design und die beste Benutzerfreundlichkeit, aber man kann sicher sein, dass sich alle erdenklichen Geschäftsprozesse damit abbilden lassen.