(8,638)

Browse Microsoft 365 Reviews

Showing -49 - 0 of 11992 results

Andrei from JeFawk Games

Industry: Computer Games

Great software suite with a clean modern look, a bit limited in the purchasing aspect

Using Office 365 is really smooth and I enjoy the minimalistic look which allows you to focus on the content not on all the tiny icons in the menus. I've been a fan of OpenOffice previously and currently I'm also using Google Docs but nothing beats Microsoft when it comes to a full suite of applications for office work.

Pros

Office 365 has a great modern look that spans across all their software and apps. The usual subscriptions offer the whole suite of programs to get most of your work done within it: Word for writing, Excell for calculations, spreadsheets, and charts, Power Point for presentations, Outlook for email, OneNote for fast notes, Access for databases, etc. The installation is done very easy and the software almost no configuring apart from the user logging in.

Cons

While some of the programs available in the suite are great for the majority of uses, some are not, such as Sharepoint which is for your company's intranet, Access for databases which is way slower than even the free alternatives. This is a paid software so obviously any free alternatives could work but not as smoothly. A problem I've ran into using Word was that the document needed a lot of modifications in order to be uploaded as an ebook and published on Amazon. Unfortunately I would really like to buy only a few of the programs I need. They have a way for businesses and individuals to purchase some but it's only for Word, Excell, and PowerPoint whereas I require Outlook as well, too bad.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Google Docs was way too limited for my client's requirements, and OpenOffice too unstable.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

Apache OpenOffice froze often, looked like some program I'd use in Windows 95 and overall was pretty bad.

Kelly from Kelly’s Tutoring

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Tutoring with Microsoft 365

For me Microsoft 365 allows me to help my students make great presentations, and to make presentations myself that I can share even when tutoring online. I can create documents for each student and family to take notes on and then to search through again whenever I am trying to pace a student and figure out where we need to go next in their tutoring plan. I am also able to use spreadsheets to track income and expenses, project my future income, and make sure I’m staying within budget. Microsoft 365 really does it all.

Pros

The things that I like most about Microsoft 365 include: document storage and management, access to PowerPoint, Excel, and Word, and the ability to have so many tools within each program. You can really make your presentations stand out and PowerPoint is so easy to use. Microsoft Word allows seamless formatting and is easy for taking notes. Excel is amazing for making spreadsheets and is also very intuitive for use. The ability to have so many places to store your documents easily and then access them is phenomenal. It was very easy to integrate Microsoft 365 with my tutoring business and to use it for almost all of my daily needs.

Cons

The features that I feel could use some improvement are the apps for mobile access, offline access, and the search/filter feature. They don’t work as great as I would like, but overall they are still nice to have.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

I made the switch from Google Workspace because it was very limited in some of its features and does not work as well as Microsoft 365 in my opinion.

Danang Muhammad from Self-employed

A Productivity suite for everyday job you'd never change!

As a freelance translator, I definitely use Microsoft Office on a daily basis. I use the Mac version of Office, and this software is extremely beneficial to me. I prefer to type scripts in Word. The formatting options are quite extensive. I use Excel to keep track of schedules, client lists, and monthly expenses. While PowerPoint is used to present to clients, the templates provided are quite good and visually appealing. Collaboration features that make it easy to see changes made by peers, as well as 1 TB of online storage that is more than enough for document storage. However, the monthly subscription fee is quite pricey for personal, and the iPad application's numerous limitations frequently prevent me from working when i didn't carry my Mac.

Pros

It just all-in-one complete productivity suite you need to do your job. An auto-save document feature (i use OneDrive) that saves me thousand time, and the fact that this software is a standard in every industry brings convenience to its users to exhange document and work on same project.

Cons

The subscription fee which pretty expensive for individual, the iPad app is less intuitive as it doesn't offer full function like the desktop version.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Microsoft 365 offer compatibility support and being standard means eliminating error formatting on documents.

Jeanne from La Porte County Sheriff's Office

Industry: Law Enforcement

50/50

I'm on the fence about Office 365. Some of the features work really well like the applications. Other features like OneDrive aren't as trustworthy as I had hoped. Our company has had issues with accessing files on OneDrive and SharePoint. Microsoft tech support usually has the problem resolved within 24 hours. But for a 24 hours facility, sometimes that's not fast enough. Ultimately the decision was not mine to move to Office 365. Had I known it wasn't very reliable, I would have waited to transition to it.

Pros

SharePoint is a good function for a medium to large sized business. We use it to post documents that our staff use consistently so they can find everything in one place. The documents can get kind of buried in the file structure but it's ideally the same as Windows Explorer once you get used to it. It's nice that you can personalize the sites with background photos and text. Another great feature is the downloadable apps that you get with an E3 account. You can download the apps on a number of computers so you can use it anywhere. Additionally you can download the apps on your phone or tablet.

Cons

OneDrive has given me some trouble when I've got the folder linked with my computer. If you upload things to the OneDrive via internet browser, it's great. Once I added it to my desktop and opened the file window to be used in addition to the web browser, it got questionable. I would open files from the file explorer window and edit them and they wouldn't upload to OneDrive when saved. It's something you really have to keep an eye on. Maybe it was my network card or internet connection. But when you have more than one person editing the same files at different times, you never know if you're getting the most up to date version of that file. I've lost a lot of data because of this. Also when you create Groups and try to use that group for an email, you have to be sure to expand the group or it won't be sent as an email. It will send as a group message and most of the people I work with don't know how to view that.

Everything but Outlook

The overall experience customer side is good, but the partner experience is somewhat of a lonely and lost trip, as the standard Microsoft answer to a commercial or technical problem is "ask a vendor near you" even if you are a vendor! It works, but forget documentation for everything past the level "basic usage". On the other end, OneDrive and Azure and Sharepoint are great, the multi user environment is great, and the multi user editing and collaboration tools are a godsend in many cases.

Pros

As you would expect, the world standard office suite "excels" at word, excel, powerpoint, etc..the latest versions brought innovative feature without losing the plethora of customizations and toggles inherited from the past, aka you can customize it to a LOT to fit exactly your workflow.

Cons

Outlook needs to be bugfixed, outlook needs to be bugfixed, outlook has huge bugs. Outlook works weird but tolerable when paired with Exchange, otherwise it's a PITA piece of code. Makes email disappear, has huge latencies, pst corruption, ost corruption, reacts badly to external errors(no internet connectivitiy, unresponsive mail server..). To be clear, it has none of the stability of Thunderbird, which is free. When we deploy it in a business or corporate environment we always pair it with a mail backup system.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

While LibreOffice is a solid alternative for 90% of the stuff, Microsoft365 edges it with the advanced functions which are useful at business and corporate level, and it's basically the only contestant for proper(and i mean it, proper) multi user office work.

Oscar from SOLUCIONES Y SERVICIOS INTEGRALES TELCO SA DE CV

Office 365 - Good for general use

We liked a lot. We managed to unify all the administration of licensing, mail and storage in a single tool which helped us save money.

Pros

The storage it gives is superior to others for both cloud storage and mail, this has been one of the things that made us acquire the complete suit.

Cons

The integration with third parties has not been the same as with our previous provider, which was Gsuit. The ease of having an account for everything and being able to share with clients was degraded a bit.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

The aim was to unify administration and increase capacities. This tool did everything.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

Having a single vendor for software, mail, and storage was important to us, it helped us increase operational capacity and simplify the management of collaboration tools.

Easy and dependable

It has been a powerful application with a very easy user interface, I enjoy its provision of latest updates and compatibility which makes it preferred to other applications which I switched from.

Pros

This is an application that has been of great impact to my team in terms of file sharing. We no longer need to email corrected documents to individual stations as the link only needs to be shared for viewing and accessing by all members of the team. I love the fact that it practically works on all devices with easy access to latest updates and easy to use toolbars. I'm just in love with this app.

Cons

One of the downside I noticed in this app is the fact that I always need to download the graphic art before usage which could have just been integrated during installation. Its though cheap but since I always have to subscribe, I don't feel I own the application which usually gives me concern over its security knowing fully well its a cloud based application. I will also want the developers to work on the advanced features which are hard to access.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

They have almost the same features but I switched for the ease of use and the feature updates which are always timely.

Ishmael from ShinaultTek

"Complete Office Setup, Good and Profitable for Business"

My overall, across-the-board experience using Microsoft 365 has been profitable and extremely good for my business. ("There is nothing negative I could honestly say.".) Therefore I gave Microsoft 365, five- stars out of five. And I recommend this software to all my friends. "Especially those operating and conducting a productive business." Please leave your comments if you like and thank you for reading my review.

Pros

What I like about Microsoft 365 is how easy it is to install and how quickly I can process word documents, spreadsheets, and power-point presentations. Microsoft 365 is a complete office setup that is cheap and affordable. My lifetime license cost about ten to fifteen American dollars and is good for up to 5 devices. I use Microsoft 365 for my business because it includes many productive applications I like and use daily. For example, it comes with, "Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams, Onedrive, Exchange, SharePoint, In-tune, Access, and Publisher." Plus Microsoft 365 comes with a 30 day free trial so you can try before you buy.

Cons

"What I like the least about Microsoft 365 is" To be honest, I have not had any bad experiences using this software in the last two years. If a problem or issue materializes, I contact Microsoft 365 customer service hotline, And they have proven to me to be competent and very professional. They are always ready to assist. Therefore I have no negative comments.

Microsoft 365 is the up to date "Superior" version formally known as office 365

David from Country Bible Church

Long term user - small church pastor

I use Microsoft 365 primarily for word processing and spreadsheets. I also use Outlook for email, but have integrated everything into my gmail account, so I don't rely on Microsoft 365 for this. I use the spreadsheet for budgets, planning, and record keeping. I use the word processor for so many things - sermon and lessons, planning, keeping records, even personal documents I'll use for family events.

Pros

I have long used Microsoft for spreadsheets and word processing. I do not use the software to it's fullest potential, but it does exactly what I need it for. Creating documents and spreadsheets is very easy. If you take the time to set up templates, it saves even more time and energy. It is a pretty intuitive experience as you learn the software.

Cons

For years, the cost was something I struggled with. I would wait until I had to upgrade to save costs. Now, I am able to use it free due to my role as a pastor who is also a student at a major seminary.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Microsoft 365 is so much more easy to use and more functional for what I do. The cost is more, but it is worth it for me.

Luis Henrique from Doctorclin

Microsoft 365 Review

We used a data server, an email server and a messaging server. All this generating expenses with energy, maintenance and constant modifications. After migrating to Microsoft 365, we were able to cut our hardware spending by more than half, not to mention we have a 100% guarantee of service stability. And because it's all part of the same toolset, it all integrates beautifully.

Pros

It's great to be able to use the work tools from anywhere, whether on a computer, tablet or mobile. Best of all, everything is synchronized and accessible both online and offline.

Cons

What I still see as a negative point is that applications in web mode have difficulties to edit documents from other software in the same segment.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

What mattered was the stability and support of the product.

Daniel from WhiteCanyon Software, Inc.

it does it all

Pros

It's one a-stop-shop for just about everything a business will need. Email, calendar, chat, docs, you name it. Most of the included products are best-in-class to boot. Integrations abound. I'm constantly finding new features and functionality that I hadn't even known existed.

Cons

Honestly, the thing I dislike the most is the included task management software (Planner). It's just trash. Coming from Google Workspaces, spam filtering has some room for improvement.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

More bang for the buck. Better management capabilities.

Martin from Tropical Computer Systems Limited

Office 365, A Solution to today's IT Industry

I love Office 365, its been a relieve from the traditional Microsoft Office Applications - Online storage and security made me fall in love with Office 365.

Pros

I like the fact that we dont have to move around with CD/DVDs containing the software. All you need is a paid Microsoft Account that you can use to login and download/install software. It has the entire Microsoft Office Suite of Applications online. I also noticed 5TB of storage space, this made my day. I dont even have to keep using flash drives to store my data anymore since there's enough cloud storage space available. Even when I dont have my laptop with me, I can login online and access my files and applications....Office 365 is really fun to own.

Cons

Being in Africa, to enjoy Office 365, one would need access to Internet; this doesnt come affordable in our continent.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Cloud storage and the ability to share one account on my other devices such as tabs, android phone and Computer.

Peter from Larkmead School

Excellent Platform

Pros

Easy to use and easy to navigate. Bright and clear, great tools available to aid learning

Cons

Could do with more flexible options in Teams for delivery of classes

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Easyier to use and administer, gives us a great range of products.

Jessica from CWRU

Industry: Research

Microsoft Office 365 for teams within, and the organization as a whole

Primarily, this has made collaboration on a single document a piece of cake. Older versions are preserved within the file, updates are simple to track, and more than one person can be working on the document at once without a giant headache.

Pros

This software is SO easy to integrate. Very user-friendly interface, not hard or confusing to start up, and the interactive/collaborative aspects are achieved better here than on any other sharing platform I've tried. Integration was very simple.

Cons

I do not understand why although this is linked to my Microsoft Teams account that I must still re-sign in on a device where I am already logged into Teams or Outlook.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

Google drive was too clumsy for our team size and this works a hundred times better.

Eero from Alkarian

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Too bulky, too many features, too complicated. Not what it was in the past.

I used it for all office work, mainly document writing and spreadsheets. I used MS Office for years in the past, then changed to OpenOffice, then moved back to MS 365 due to some spreadsheet row limitations in the other software. But after a while, I just got tired of the bulkiness and moved on to other software (LibreOffice and SoftMaker Office).

Pros

IF you are a power user who needs a lot of features and functionalities, Office 365 is probably still the best choice. And extra OneDrive space is included, so why not. But I can't find many other things that the competitors can't offer.

Cons

I used to like MS Office, it was fast and relatively light. The last time I used Office 365, it was sluggish, heavy, cluttered with useless (to me) features and functionalities and complicated to buy and install (all the cloud hassle). And in the long run, those monthly fees pile up into a hefty amount of money.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

It was able to handle a huge number of spreadsheet rows, even though it was not the fastest software. Later, other software have conquered those previous limits.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

At that time, there was a limit to the number of spreadsheet rows. I needed to handle huge files, and MS 365 was the only software capable of doing it at that time.

Ayman from Arabtec construction llc

Office 365 is a must-have work-from-home solution that allows you to edit documents.

A unique experience and I still enjoy it and I advise everyone to own and use it, as it will keep you connected with your business network as if you were at your workstation.

Pros

It is the integrated work platform, which is a feature that all companies and employers strive to supply to succeed and keep their operations running smoothly. During the Corona pandemic lockdown periods, when our company provided everyone with access to the Office 365 platform, we were all able to enable, through the use of our personal computers, without the need to use a work computer or the company's network, and without the need to install many programs on my device that I do not have a license for. We have all been able to continue working with the same efficiency and effectiveness thanks to the Office 365 platform, which allowed us to access all of the programs installed on the work machine, make changes to files, send and receive messages, and conduct meetings by default by simply connecting to the Internet. It's a simple platform to use, and any files and correspondence created or edited with the Office 365 platform will be preserved in the cloud, where we can access them simply and at any time. You will not have to worry about the continuity of your business or the capacity to communicate with your work team in any form if you have all of the apps that we use daily, such as Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint.

Cons

An integrated platform that is easy to use for everyone and is uncomplicated, it is enough to enter your page to see all your applications and start working directly. It's like having a hidden computer with you everywhere without the need to carry bags and roaming with it.

Tim from Logikor Inc

Office 365 Review

Overall, Microsoft 365 has become a staple to our business, embraced over the pandemic with Teams meetings, etc.

Pros

Definitely the integration with other tools, as well as the new features that appear periodically; some of which aren't necessarily useful for us, but some have had a significant impact - such as Stream, which we use to control our training documents.

Cons

The PowerBI component is far too finicky, not smart enough to allow a regular user to use. Having one person dedicated to PowerBI is a waste of resources, when alternatives can produce the same results with much less of a learning curve. Metabase, for example, automatically tries to produce reports on your behalf with examples.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

We actually switched from Lotus to 365.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

Lotus Notes was definitely faster, and had a lot of features - but was too complicated to work with, and administer.

Nicholas from Venable Law Group PLLC

Industry: Law Practice

Best one stop solution to all your management needs!

We moved from a one size fits most solution that worked "Most of the time" to Microsft Office 365 and have not looked back! We have been very happy with the overall functionality and near limitless options of how to configure our "System" as well the near-limitless ability to use it on the go, with our without internet, and to keep our files and cases sorted. This has been a great move for our company.

Pros

We used to use other software for case management and have moved to useing Microsoft office 365. It's absolutely amazing what you can do with SharePoint sites and one drive integration as well as email, calendar, and document sharing. I mean it's almost like it was designed for the law profession! It's so customizable that each attorney can change the preferences for what type of case they work on and how they like to see the data. The sites auto-populate with information specific to that case and are updated all the time with very little input from the team. Its truly amazing! We love it!

Cons

There is a learning curve especially if you have never used SharePoint or some of the other Microsoft-specific tools. But never fear Techsupport is available.. Be patient and spell out what it is that you are trying to do and they will help. We have needed assistance a couple of times and they have been great!

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Overall the wide number of tools that are available in the Microsoft 365 Suite makes it a great contender and once you learn how to use many of these tools it opens a wide range of other abilities to you and your staff.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

This company has great potential and we loved being early adopters of their work but we found that overall it was difficult to use and many times entries would have to be made multiple times. Or the server that housed the emails would go down or the system would need to be updated and it would be on a night that we were working late...

I preferred the old school version of Office (and by Office I mean Excel)

It would be easy to use in lots of places on different devices, but I only wish to use it on my desktop PC. As a result I feel that functionality has been sacrificed for networking features, which I broadly don't use or care for. If there were a downloadable hard drive resident version I would jump at it. So as a power user of Excel I'm disappointed.

Pros

I don't know that there is anything I like about this version compared to the previously installed version on my hard drive. I suppose sharing and being up to date with the latest version but that was never something I had a problem with before.

Cons

It (Excel) struggles to handle complicated formatting, for example, and I had to ditch some files with complex visual presentation, and in my view their are now over-simplified, and that's so they don't hang or crash. This is the sort of thing the hard drive resident application never struggled with. Conditional formatting layered up is the sort of thing that causes problems. So I'd say I'm not using all the features because it's not possible if you want a stable file. (I have a high spec set up and high speed ISP so I don't expect performance problems)

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Familiarity as an existing user, plus the free storage space on One Drive. I chose it over Google Sheets (Excel being 99% of my use of Office365) because I want a hard copy on my computer that I'd be able to open if the internet was down, although I'm not sure now that it would actually do that. So it was a lack of choice really, and line of least resistance. Bring back the installed version!

Manuel from Marketing & Advertising

Great productivity suite but you need to get used to it

I definitely recommend it for three reasons: one, the office tools are the best in their category (Word, PoerPoint, etc...); two, it is not expensive compared with other subscription services ((I pay around 15 euros a month); and three, it is improving and adding more features and tools all the time. Despite same flaws, it is a very good deal.

Pros

It offers a lot. It is not only about the apps that we all know (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). It is also about task management with To Do and Planner. Robust document sharing with Sharepoint, drawing with Whiteboard (awesome tool) or managing your email with Outlook. The range of tools that Microsoft offers for the 365 subscription is simly astonishing and it gives you pretty much all you need for the day to day management of your work.

Cons

Log in management is an issue with Microsoft. You sometimes get logged off for no reason and then your password is not recognized. You have to dig into the customer service forums to find solutions. As customer service is nonexistent, you are on your own.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Google's office tools are simply not as good as Microsoft's. I also prefer to work with desktop applications and that is something that is not possible with G Suite.

Microsoft 365 Makes Me Feel Alive! 10/10

From beginning to end my daily processes rely on 365, and all 365 days of the year... I want to be using this Microsoft software.

Pros

This product has everything from the Exchange Server, Skype for Business Server, and SharePoint, as well as so much more. I wouldn't want to have my Email through any other service due to the great customizations of 365.

Cons

We've had very minor negatives about the software, but if I had to say, I'd say we only use a small percentage of all the services provided, which is a bummer, but the basic is all we need (if that makes sense).

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

365 has everything! Also with the latest updates to Microsoft Teams... our organization couldn't thrive without Teams + Outlook + everything else that Microsoft releases so well!

Robyn from Self-employed

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Microsoft 365 has all you need in one software.

I use Microsoft 365 on my Windows laptop at home and the go as well as on a Windows desktop while working on campus as a student. I also occasionally use the mobile version of the apps on my Android phone. I first got introduced to this software as a first-year student at University. The software suite was part of my registration package. Before then I didn’t see the need to pay for it but to my surprise, now I can't live without it. The templates that come with the apps make aesthetically pleasing documents as simple as clicking a button. Microsoft 365 subscription made it much easier to do the dreaded group assignments as Microsoft has made it easy to collaborate simultaneously in PowerPoint and Word. Another bonus for me was that I didn’t have to carry my laptop with me every day to campus because when I needed to work there, all I had to do was log into my account on any of the campus desktops and immediately have access to my work. Now that I’m not a student anymore, unlike before, I am now more than willing to pay the annual subscription fee.

Pros

The suite has everything you need to start and run your business, even during a pandemic. Ease of access to your work wherever, whenever. Real-time collaboration with others in PowerPoint and Word. Access to your all-time favorites like PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and many other apps all in one subscription. No additional cost for updates. 1TB cloud storage

Cons

Lacks when it comes to customizability. Mobile features have some limitations. The Mobile version isn’t as intuitive as the desktop version Its subscription base prompts you to keep paying in perpetuity.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

I liked the additional features that Microsoft 365 has to offer.

Mohsin from Extreme Web Technologies Ltd

Microsoft 365 has helped us collaborate easily with a remote team

Microsoft 365 has helped us collaborate easily and transform digitally across various processes in our business.

Pros

Microsoft 365 is reliable and always online. We have seldom faced an outage and if there was one, it was only for a subset of features.

Cons

Mobile app could be more powerful, especially in allowing access to archived mailboxes where users on the move in this mobile first world need to be able to find what they need on the go.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Our users are well versed with Office Software products so it was definitely a plus being from the same vendor.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

Storage, file management and server administration

Arnaldo from Southworks

A company must have

I have been using Office 35 from the moment I start my professional life, each company that I have passed by they have Office 365 in the toolset. You are not going to use your personal email for business matters, you use an office 365 email account. You don't use your pen and notebook to present the progress of your work, you go with a PowerPoint presentation. You don't share a list of clients or products in a chat message, you share an Excel file in your company Sharepoint. You don't call a client or your coworkers with a Whatsapp video call, you open your Outlook calendar and schedule a Teams meeting. That my company uses Office 365 makes my work daily life easier, and I would recommend the same for everyone else.

Pros

Office brings a box full of tools that any employee in a company of more than five people will need. You will need to send emails (Outlook), you will need to create documents (Word), you will need to create presentations for clients and other coworkers (PowerPoint), you will need to be able to create videoconference meetings (Teams), you will need to share documents and have it accessible (Sharepoint), and the list could go on. Microsoft has a tool that has been the king of office matters from the moment they created it and is not for nothing. All of the tools inside the package are the best tool in the market for each of their purposes.

Cons

Is expensive, and that goes with each individual product of Office. Is something that a company can pay and is totally worth it, but for personal use, small startups, or freelancing, is a product that probably you cannot afford. They could provide a community version with tons of fewer features and still would be really well received.

Chirag from Risk Administration Services, Inc.

Excellent office productivity with Microsoft 365

The overall experience has been very good. We have great uptime and speed. All products have similar look and feel to them. Newcomers find it easy to adapt to it. Governance is easy and there aren't many questions arising from its use. We feel productive with Microsoft 365.

Pros

Unification of information is a terrific asset with Microsoft 365. We use SharePoint for document management and news, OneNote for meetings, OneDrive for storage, Exchange for email, ADFS for accounts and more. In a single spot, we can manage our day to day business needs and collaboration with our customers. This unification also allows us to perform excellent IT governance.

Cons

Microsoft 365's analytics are poor but getting better each month. It is difficult for us to understand usage of SharePoint. We would love to understand summarization of incoming and outgoing emails without needing in-depth analysis by person. It's there but there are limitations; we can't do planning surrounding the analytics Microsoft 365 provides.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Users were very adaptable to Microsoft 365. We noticed that even if we had G Suite, we would need Office productivity products. Instead of expending on multiple products, we chose to go with Microsoft 365 and unify our business productivity needs in a single vendor. Our other infrastructure also relied on some on-prem and some cloud products from Microsoft, which made it easier for us to make a turn towards Microsoft 365. Microsoft 365 also allowed us to use Visio, MS Project and other tools with relative ease.

Microsoft at its best

The solution provided by Microsoft is very solid and part from the fact the shared space is not really optimal, there are a lot of improvements coming forward, and lots of possibilities offered by Microsoft 365, to help organisations (business, school, etc...) into making work easy from the office or remotely.

Pros

A lot of tools and software available for office work, communication and file sharing. The possibility to mix licenses based on the users' needs. Teams is a very powerful collaboration tool allowing users to discuss, have meeting and work on the same files, instantly.

Cons

Every users come with a 1TB of space, available through OneDrive, but the share space, in sharepoint, is only 1TB itself and there is no option to use the users' space as Team shared solution in order to take advantage of the total amount of space available. If you have 10 users in your team, you technically have 1TB (sharepoint) + 10TB (OneDrive) available, but you can only use the 1TB as a shared space in Teams.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

We were using different tools for different needs and needed to centralize everything into one eco-system, which is why we switch to Microsoft 365, allowing us to share our work easily while being able to communicate by writing and/or voice, at the same place.

GIOVANNI from Capgemini

popular platform

M365 it is absolutely the most popular platform for office and collaboration among the enterprise organization and it has a complete set of appl like Outlook, Teams, Sharepoint, onedrive the office suite [Word, excel, powerpoint, access, etc]. Currently represent the standard especially of the use of word and excel. SInce it is a cloud platform represent a good solution to share the same content from different device, but most useful is the ability to have a persistent personal backup with onedrive. Personally i feel that the need of client access is still an old conception, that lock the user and especially push the organization to the need to install and upgrade the client side. Personally i don't like the "Teams" organization, the navigation some time is really inefficient. in a comparison with G-Suite probably in the next feature we will see more an increment of the diffusion of G suite that il more common among mobile users

Pros

- well know platform among enterprise organization - good support services - excel have no easy alternative - the best solution on Win OS

Cons

- mostly is optimal the use of the client and and less the web usage - in big size company it need a strong effort to manage the client installation on laptop - Sharepoint often appear too complicate for the feature that offer

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

it is just a constraint due to a company choice for professional use

David from Religious Institutions

Industry: Medical Devices

Microsoft 365 - for home AND work use

I've been using Word and Excel etc. both at home and at various jobs at work for probably 30 years and have appreciated the increase in functionality as new releases were launched. I liked the way Microsoft kept the products separate yet working the same where possible. Its also good you only need to install what you need and/or install later if did become necessary. Anyone at work (at several companies) that didn't have basic word processing and spreadsheet skills were in a limited career path; but its easy for (almost) anyone to get started with basic functions to get the job done. Office 365 came with my new laptop for home use and I use it so often I ended up signing up for the full version. I use it frequently for many different kinds of documents or presentations or spreadsheets.

Pros

I like how all the individual apps like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint work together with the same look and feel throughout; but you only have to install the apps you need.

Cons

I didn't like the annual subscription and cost that goes with that. The other thing was finding where a specific function was moved when they come out with a new major release.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Although it wasn't free, we went to MS 365 because we didn't want the inevitable compatibility issues using other software.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

MS Word was SO much easier and by then everyone had a PC on their desk instead of a dumb terminal, and it was WYSIWYG where Text Management was very much not that simple.

The Ultimate Work from Anywhere Tool

Making the switch from older tech (Skype for Business, Office apps) was one of the best decisions or IT department made. As a result of these were were able to transition smoothly to working remotely with minimal loss of productivity. The ability to still download certain apps so that power users can have full capabilities and for offline is also very good. The money we spend on the licenses is easily offset by the cost savings of not having to travel for meetings.

Pros

The Teams app is one of the features I love most about Microsoft 365. The ability to call any member of your organization with a few clicks is a nice step up from using phone lists and paying long distance phone call rate. Each meeting you set up automatically becomes a workspace for chatting, sharing files, writing meeting notes which remain for as long as you need them. You can also invite users from outside your organization. The ability to view, share, and edit documents made with other Office apps is also very useful. The security integration features with Microsoft 365 also makes it easy for IT to grant or revoke access to countless other systems all from on central location.

Cons

The file sharing and collaboration tool tool usually works well but I have noticed a few instances of "merge errors" when working on a shared file. This has resulted in OneDrive creating new copies of some of my files to distinguish the local version from the shared version when it can't merge my changes with the shared version. It a bit annoying because you may then have to merge manually or redo changes.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

The company's needs evolved.

Jennifer from Guffey Community Charter School

Microsoft 365 for School

Overall, Microsoft 365 is an exceptional program that exceeds what is necessary for school, work, etc. Microsoft 365 is easy to use with a clean, concise layout. There are multiple programs to fulfill any need. If you do not know how to use a certain feature, there are plenty of tutorials to show you how to use any feature.

Pros

I really love that Microsoft 365 comes with multiple programs, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Microsoft 365 allows you to choose if you would like to save/store your file on your computer or in the cloud to be accessed anywhere. I also really love the feature that allows you to send a document to someone else, with the ability to make comments, track changes, and accept or reject those changes/comments. It makes collaboration effortless and allows the user to seamlessly see what changes have been made. There are also a variety of templates available from invoices to calendars to newsletters. You can even download new templates to meet whatever need you may have. Overall, Microsoft 365 is a very comprehensive program.

Cons

I have found two major downsides to Office 365. First, you have to make the choice as to if you would like to save your file to the cloud or save it to your computer's hard drive. I would like the option to save it in both locations simultaneously, allowing offline access as well as online access. The second major flaw that I see is that Word discontinued the support for Microsoft Publisher on Macs. It still works on PCs, but not Macs. I am a teacher and I used the older version of Microsoft Office that had Publisher for years and created a significant number of documents in publisher for school. I delayed upgrading to Microsoft 365 as long as possible because I did not want to lose the ability to use Publisher. This program allowed me to create my own worksheets by layering text and pictures however I wanted to on the page...this cannot be easily done in a word document. When upgrading to Microsoft 365, I was incredibly disappointed to find that there was not Microsoft publisher for Macs and that there was no intention to create a publisher program for macs. This has made it difficult for me to open and change things in my old publisher files, and I have had to find a new program that works with Macs to continue to create worksheets, etc. for school.

Seven year user of Office 365 & Microsoft 365

Overall we are pleased with MS 365 and it is an important tool for us. Many of our clients do not use Google tools, especially outside the US (or often even in the US). It is not an inconvenience for us to use both Google and MS tools. We use them situationally and depending on client preferences. MS 365 is a quality product overall with some downsides, no different than alternatives.

Pros

With the improvement of synchronous collaboration and autosave features Microsoft 365 has made rapid gains on Google Suite (Google Workspace). We use both Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace. Microsoft 365 is our go-to tool when we need more rich features and functionality, especially for spreadsheets. Google Sheets is still far behind the capability of MS Excel. Note, that when accessing Microsoft 365 via the web interface (more like the Google experience) the features of 365 on the web are much fewer than when using the desktop app.

Cons

Our users are all on macOS, and these comments apply to that OS, not Windows. Some features are still missing and subpar in the macOS versions of Microsoft 365 (access via the apps). And the web version of MS 365 tools are much more limited than the apps. However, when using the apps on your laptop or desktop MS365 does manage collaboration and autosaving well—but you must use MS OneDrive for storing your files for that to work at all, which is a downside if you prefer different cloud storage. Also, the macOS apps are very CPU and RAM hungry even relative to newer model Macbooks.

Soumia from Zone Technology

Microsoft 365 different plans

overall, my experience with Microsoft 365 is a good one, I use it on a daily basis and the wide range of applications available under each subscription is impressive and will take you some time to explore and use all of them

Pros

the diversity in the available plans and subscriptions makes it a great choice for not just companies, but for individuals as well with the home subscription which is shareable with up to 6 users, and the Personal subscription. in the Business and Enterprise plans, you can choose what suits you based on your business needs and your budget as well. the collaboration tools are essential during these times when most people are telecommuting ease of set-up backed with the training videos provided as soon as you log in as an admin makes it easier for administrators and users to get to know their applications and how to benefit from them. as an admin, you have full control over your organization's data, sharing, and privacy&security. Azure Active Directory is such a comprehensive portal to control and monitor users, groups, guests, and much more. my favorite part of any Microsoft Cloud products is the technical support agents, compared to others, I consider them to be the fastest to contact you once your support ticket is created.

Cons

the fact that sometimes a third party application is better at doing something related to Microsoft more than Microsoft itself, for instance, migrating mailboxes from GoDaddy to Microsoft 365 is done in few steps using third-party apps while in Microsoft, it requires you to manually export and import each mailbox using Outlook if you are residing in a country that does not yet support the newly implemented solutions such as "importing data over the network"

Tiffany from Randstad USA

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Microsoft is still top of the line, but Google is rapidly catching up

We switched from 365 to Google Workspace simply due to cost effectiveness and Workspace's potential to significantly speed up our work flow with its app integration and user-friendly design.

Pros

Its Microsoft, so in terms of document generation and management, email , notes and presentation creation it is still the gold standard. The sharing/collaboration feature has gotten much more user friendly. OneDrive can be housed as a local folder on your computer for seamless syncing to the cloud, and their Microsoft Online products are totally free and have almost all the same features as the desktop tools (almost). The mobile apps are really solid, they obviously don't have all the advanced functions, but so responsive and user friendly. With newer versions of Word, you can convert PDFs directly to .docx files and edit them, its so much faster than using a third party tool to convert and edit, and most of the time the format of the PDF is not heavily effected.

Cons

I don't even know if these are cons, so much as areas in which 365 has been surpassed by Workspace (Google). You cannot collaborate with anyone who does not have a Microsoft subscription or account and it is still the most expensive package on the market for document management and cloud solutions. Its apps aren't nearly as seamlessly integrated into one another as you will find in Google. In today's highly remote workforce, video conferencing/meeting is essential and Microsoft's more expensive 365 package does not include a video meeting solution, whereas Workspace does.

Jenny from Farmingdale State University

Great for collaborations!

Overall, my experience with Microsoft 365 has been a positive experience. I rarely had any issues and since I am pretty new to my position as a HR Assistant, I had no issues learning how to use the software. With the icons, it was very easy to maneuver around the software. All the documents that were shared are protected and updated when edited. I highly recommend Microsoft 365 for those considering!

Pros

Microsoft 365 offers a variety of platforms ranging from Outlook, Teams, OneNote, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Powerpoint and Microsoft Excel. These are just a few of the platforms that I use almost daily for my job. I love how Microsoft 365 allows the consumer to easily identify which platform they would like to use with a tool bar on the left side. It is very similar to choosing an app on your phone with icons that signify the platform that you would like the utilize. In addition, I also love that they have little features such as Calendar and Task/To-Do. My co-workers and I utilize the Calendar feature to make sure that we know who is on holiday and when to schedule meetings. For the Task/To-Do feature, I like that I am able to type what needs to be done and it will show up on the sidebar. It also allows you to check off the list once something is done, which is cool and neat feature! The software also rarely glitches which is a huge plus, especially during the pandemic. Microsoft 365 allows all my co-workers and I to work efficiently and in an organized manner, which is important in any office and virtual setting.

Cons

If there was a critique I would make about the software, it would be on the Task/To-Do feature. There isn't really an option to mark if it is of high importance or put a due date with a reminder to remind you of the task. Often times, when I do put something (luckily not high importance), I forget and did not realize until I utilize it to input another task. It would be nice to be able to get a reminder, similar to the meeting reminders.

Karthikeyan from Delta Air lines

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Office 365 allows users to access email and documents anywhere

I can say this is the best tool as per my overall Experience because it has plenty of features to utilize office 365 so better to suit for all users who using emails and document and archives the emails.

Pros

Office 365 is the best tool or email account to allow users to access the emails and documents anywhere. The other tools are limited features but office 365 is unlimited features and upgraded at all the times based on various situations. The storage data is more memory space and less vulnerable and will avoid security threats by comparing other tools. It has seamless collaboration of maintaining productivity. I urge my company to migrate to office 365 and now we are all using office 365 .

Cons

If I see any internet issues then there is no offline email access so it has to fix this scenario. Also, we can see few comptability issues but Microsoft is fixing it now.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

We can say that office 365 has plenty of features to secure the account than G suite and it had low price then G suite so we considered to move to office 365.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

I felt office 365 has better innovation than G suite so we migrated to office 365

Tere'e from PolySystems Inc

Office 365 - You don't have it yet?

Overall, I've enjoyed my experience with Microsoft 365. Given, the current pandemic crisis, Office 365 - Teams has been an integral tool when providing IT support. There are so many unknowns when providing IT support to users from the devices, ISPs, and/or user's tech knowledge, Teams has made IT support that much easier. I like that nearly all apps can be accessed via a web version so that users can pick up where they left off without missing a beat.

Pros

Professional Use: Office 365 is the best Office to-date. Office 365 allows users an all inclusive experience with its intelligent available app integrations. Teams has been an integral tool with nearly all users working from home. Teams allows for communication and collaboration between users and clients. I like that the software is automatically updated and not necessary added in the Windows updates. Personal Use: I've had an Office 365 for over 3 years. I'm able to share the subscription with up-to 4 more individuals. I'm able to access all my files on the go with my mobile phone. I like that I can have critical information at my finger tips. To-date I've not experienced any degraded experience or service outage.

Cons

So far we have not ran into any minor or major issues with using Office 365. I think Microsoft has mastered the it's productivity tools for both the professional and personal user.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

We chose Office 365 over other alternatives because of reliability, pricing, included apps/features, ease of use, and service support. We were also attracted to the seemingly endless capabilities Office 365 tools and apps offered.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

Initially we considered Office 365 due to running 2 versions of Office 2010 STD/PRO. Then we experienced service consistency issues with our former VOIP provider, which intern affected collaborations between users and clients. Office 365 offered the same services as the VOIP provider, but with lots more to offer. We made the switch to Office 365 the pricing was comparable to our former VOIP provider. Office 365 offered collaborative tools plus its foundation of productivity tools. The familiarity of Office made it easy for users to adapt and adopt.

Kevin from Self

Industry: Writing and Editing

From Box to Cloud: Make the Transition - It's Worth It

Creating and editing documents in MS Office is core to many, including myself. Microsoft 365 just fills in the gaps to make Microsoft Office that much more powerful with extra features to make work even more efficient and less stressful. Focus on the work, not maintaining your applications.

Pros

The comprehensive feature set is the most compelling aspect of Microsoft 365. The out-of-the-box version is fine, but having all the features that come with Microsoft 365 cannot be beat. Continuous updates rather than the version purchased becoming obsolete is helpful. The power punch is the 1TB document storage PER USER that comes with a subscription (removing the cost of a separate Dropbox subscription). And having access to MS 365 from any device or platform is absolutely wonderful. I live by Microsoft Office, and Microsoft 365 just made it better from a cost and management perspective.

Cons

The only con that I can think of really isn't a con, but a limitation of being human. As with many applications (let alone suites like Microsoft 365), you only use a small amount of the available features and functions. What helps is that you only need to use what applications and features you want or need. Whatever amount you use is still worth the subscription price.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

I reluctantly moved from boxed Microsoft Office to Microsoft 365 because I thought the cost seemed prohibitive (I could make any office license last for a long time). However, because of the continuous upgrades that cost, and the hassle to keep paying to upgrade, this made sense, especially with the OneDrive file storage and the access to Microsoft Office from almost any platform or device. I would not go back to box. Microsoft 365 is worth any extra cost, and you might find that you can eliminate other costs because of the included features that come with Microsoft 365. I am glad I made the transition.

Features and final cost.

Decent option for teamwork across an organization

Overall, their Teams app has been a key tool for our organization to stay in touch virtually and manage projects together. It's a great alternative to Zoom. You can create multiple channels based on topics/projects to collaborate across an organization. The Word and Excel apps are fairly easy to use to edit shared content. We use Planner for project management, and it's much like Trello, which I don't love, but some people do. You can assign tasks, easily move them around, and set deadlines, etc. I really wish they had something like this but in a calendar format so you could see the deadlines on the days, not laterally across a screen. I also wish they had a better file storage/sharing app. OneDrive does house a lot of files, but it's not easy to view them, share them, or integrate with their other apps.

Pros

Office 365 offers a variety of apps that integrate with one another and are fairly easy to use. In particular, Teams is a solid app that can be used for chatting, video/phone calls, and generally staying in frequent communication across an organization.

Cons

There's not a good calendar-planning tool to help you manage projects and deadlines. They haven't been staying on schedule with planned upgrades and new product roll-outs.

More functionality with Office 365

Holton from The Swift Group

Industry: Defense & Space

Easy to use on the go

My overall experience has been very positive. It was easy to deploy and switch over from g-mail. Also with the Teams function it has allowed / enabled great collaboration across the company.

Pros

Our company recently switched from G-mail to Office 365. We found that Office 365 is a lot easier to use in terms of remote login as well as on mobile devices. Also, the file sharing and e-mail search function is better than g-mail.

Cons

The only issue that we had is that with 365 you have to a different license if you want to download the application to your desktop. The advantage of having the Outlook (e-mail for Office 365) application on your desktop is that you are able to work with it when disconnected from wifi. Many of our employees travel for work and are planes or airports where they may not have easy access to wifi....so they need to still be able to respond to e-mails. The fact that we had to pay extra to get the applications downloaded for remote use was a bit frustrating.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

We considered staying with g-mail but once we received a demo from Microsoft on Officer 365 is became obvious to us that we need to make a change.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

While g-mail is good for a smaller company, we found it very difficult to use for searching and archiving e-mails. Also, it was not great with document management.

Diego Luis from Psicoquinesis LLC.

The tool I was waiting for my startup

My experience so far has been very good. I am using it for my startup, and I really feel that it has put me at the competitive level of other companies with more resources, with which now I can also be at the height in terms of work management, content creation, organization and more. which are very important for the development of what I am doing.

Pros

-It has many tools and features. -It is very complete for use in a company. -I can centralize all the information. -I can do with this tool alone everything that I was doing with different tools separately and I can even do more and everything from the same place. -Ideal for teamwork. -I feel like it helps me get my business off the ground and for a fair price. -It integrates with many other new or well-known tools on the market, making it really a very wide possibility to adapt its control panel to any type of undertaking or task.

Cons

-It is not a con, but to some people it may seem like it. It has so many tools and so many integration options, it can be a bit overwhelming. -I feel that the learning curve can be a bit overwhelming also at the beginning, not so much because of learning to use the tools, which are intuitive in themselves, but because of the large number of options, which will have to be discovered little by little, and It involves spending some initial time on it until you know everything there is well.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

I made the change because I was using several Saas applications, to cover certain jobs within my company. Some of these applications or tools were not as efficient, and others had little integration, forcing me to acquire more tools, with which in the end it became very tedious to be jumping from one panel to another, from one application to another, to get things done. . Now I can have everything in one place, and even access it from any device.

Andy from Keepmoat Homes

Microsoft 365 is a real game changer for modern organisations - Big and Small!

Microsoft 365 is a full suite of Products, tools and capabilities that deliver a modern workplace experience to users really well! There is something for everyone in Microsoft 365 - Admin Staff, IT Staff, Security and Compliance Staff, and the benefits we have realised during the global pandemic prove for real why the investment was worthwhile!

Pros

The full stack of Microsoft 365 tools and capabilities are intuitive to use, work incredibly well together, and make daily tasks simple to complete.

Cons

I guess the cost is on the high side, but you get a lot of bang for your buck, and Microsoft are pouring Research and Development into the suite of products and capabilities at a rate of knots, so the investment is worthwhile on balance.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

The Microsoft ecosystem of products are familiar to our users, work well together, and suit our organisation much better.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

To enhance the tools and capabilities that we deliver to our business, and to derive more value from our IT and systems staff - who wouldn't want to manage Exchange, SharePoint and some of the other systems like we did before?! Its a no brainer...

Sheena from Paskos High-Caliber Service

Endless Business Options

As an individual running a business, Microsoft 365 makes me scalable. Not many products and services can do that; and even fewer can do it successfully. And none of them can do it for the price that Microsoft 365 does.

Pros

Microsoft 365 is the meat and potatoes. It is built to perform. As a business owner it is the software i have come to rely on the most. The outlook email host is what i use to access my five different accounts. It helps to keep me organized and is task oriented. There are plenty of options to be creative and dress it up. But i am so pleased that those pretty features are just that. Options. I like how the format of outlook matches microsoft office. Direct. Logical. Simple to customize, which is what makes it so easy to organize, and endless possibilities for rules, responses, forwards, etc. The search and help features do exactly that. I can find anything quickly and I can figure out how to do what i want to do with minimal effort.

Cons

The only downfall for Microsoft 365 is its ability to integrate with apple products. Or Apps. The apps don't seem to function fully as they do on the desktop. but then again, do any apps perform better then the full software or website? i do not think they do.

Stefanos from Freelancer

Microsoft 365 review

Being part of technical teams which have designed, planned, deployed and tested Microsoft 365 solutions for clients around the world, I am confident that Microsoft 365 suite of products, services and tools is the most comprehensive and reliable online collaboration and Office productivity system available.

Pros

I enjoy Microsoft 365 versatility and the multitude of features it offers to its users. It is very easy to deploy online in the Microsoft Cloud and is very intuitive and easy to use by even users with zero computer literacy. Microsoft 365 Apps are stable, constantly updated via Microsoft Update, as part of the pay per user per month model. Also Microsoft offers the capability to end users to install and activate the Microsoft 365 Apps to a maximum of five (5) endpoints.

Cons

In some cases there could be incompatibilities when opening and editing a document or spreadsheet which was created in Libre Office or Open Office. Also there can be incompatibilities when opening an old version of MS Word, Excel or Access files, which were created in previous versions of MS Office.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Microsoft 365 is by far the most productive, flexible and extensible Cloud-based suite of Office productivity tools available. It has the most features and is well-tested and mature.

Marco from Edw International

A connected world at my service, online and offline

It took some time to fully understand how to create the working environment you aim too. I should suggest a three step approach: 1)Prioritize your needs between storage and communication. Define minimal objectives on both (eg: use email and connect through teams) 2) Understand what is available out of the box in both storage and communication. Empower a group of users on both. 3) start adding more features vertically (eg: add groups and channels in teams. Control storage of the group. Give rights to invite others)

Pros

Integration, coherence and great ability to cope with plenty of scenarios. Some applications are best of class, others are the current state of the art. It is a must have. A company, with the right support, can build on top of it its new processes for the 21st century company. It is also more than just an environment: plenty of tools to automate, customize and creation of new custom features, thanks to the super rich environment supplied by Azure and its services.

Cons

Availability of so many features position the tool as complex to manage and even learn. It requires knowledge and time to get to work at best. The offering becomes complex for small organizations. Requires customization that a small company has difficulty in create alone, even if the tool is rich of configuration possibilities. It is crucial to be supported by a knowledgeable Microsoft partner to really get the best from it.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Microsoft is the definitive leader in the cloud office segment. It has formulate a vision and all the offering is coherent with this vision. You can really design the fabric of your business in Microsoft 365 and evolve it mapping most of your requests in its services. The integration with Azure services gives you great ability to innovate and create innovative solutions

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

need to sync different workstations, to add organization and communication with the rest of the team, to organize different environments for different businesses in a coherent fashion. The best in class communication features of Microsott teams and the integrated experience of the whole tools made the difference.

sameer from Deloitte

Office 365- The ultimate software package that manages all day to day work related tasks.

My overall experience with Office 365 products has been really amazing. I can assure that for me these products are the real work companions who help me manage my teams and work in very fast and effective manner . I cannot imagine my laoptop without these products and without these it would be really impossible for me to manage such large data and teams. A big shoutout to Microsoft for all that they do!

Pros

Well, as it is a bunch of softwares including excel, PPT, Word, onenote, outlook, teams, skype etc. I specifically use the above mentioned softwares on a day to day basis and each one has there own set of unique advatages and functionality that the others don't have. But I were to generalize, I would say that the seamlessness, smoothness and the cutting edge technology with which all these applications work is the part is like the most about these softwares. For example, data handling and data comparison with formulaes like Vlookup, Hlookup are the best and most unique features that only Excel provides.

Cons

The only thing that I least like about the Office products is the sudden shutdown of these applications whenever we have opening a bit heavy files on these softwares. Once, they show the sign of "Not Responding" , I just prepare for loosing my 2-3 hours of heard work since in sudden crash, these softwares are at times not able to retain the work done in last few hours (though once in a blue moon they are able to recover but most of the times they don't). On the communication side, one feature of skype for business that I like the least is that once the laptop is started it takes quite a lot of time to connect to the server as compared to other similar products available in the market and thus at times wastes some time of the end user who wants to chat to someone on an urgent basis. Last but not the least, some work could be done for sure to make the GUI of teams a bit user friendly since for me it was quite difficult and i took some time to understand its features and functionalities.

Christopher from Law Office of Christopher A. Pearsall, Esquire

Industry: Law Practice

Microsoft 365 - Great Product on a Business Budget

Aside from the template issues my experience with Microsoft 365 has still been very good. Over the years they have moved a few things and added a few too many functions such that finding your exact function may be a challenge if you are looking for something a little more challenging, but it's nothing that can't be addressed with a little hands-on experience.

Pros

I like the affordability of this product. Microsoft's products are mainstream for most businesses and it is good to be able to get them at a price people can afford and still be able to remain up to date. I use Word and Excel the most and these have maintained substantially similar standard functions over the years without drastic change so users can transition. Expansion of integration between products allowing you to create tables and spreadsheets within Word without going into Excel is benefit, as is the ability to pull in a spreadsheet into Word. It's fundamental functions have remained consistent and this is what I find to be teh greatest positive of this software.

Cons

This software has an issue with templates. What I liked least was the inability to open and revise a template and then save it with the same name to overwrite the old template. The software required me to select a new name, go into the templates folder and then delete the old template. This should be unnecessary. Also, though you may put your templates in specific folders within your templates folder the templates all come up as if they are in the same folder. There is no real way of organizing templates other than chronologically/alphabetically. This is inefficient and annoying to users who want to organize to save time. The standalone Word product or Microsoft Office Product that you could buy, install and own outright on your computer rather than a yearly subscription had the capability of organizing templates into folders. One would think the downloadable version to be no less functional.

Laura from Central Presbyterian Church

Office 365 to the rescue

We had already planned to make the move from our local server-based installation of Microsoft products before the pandemic hit, and we fortuitously made the transition just in time. If we hadn't, we would have been forced to physically be in the office, e-mailing documents back and forth, or constantly downloading and uploading - with all of the version control and organizational risk that entails.

Pros

I don't know what we would have done without Office 365 during the pandemic shutdown. With it, going from physically being in to the office everyday, to working from home (or anywhere for that matter), has been a seamless transformation. With the exception of sending or receiving actual hard copy USPS mail, there is nothing that I can do in the office that I can't also do from home - and in the exact same manner. We struggled to find a software solution that would provide cloud storage and yet still allow for edit-in-place with all the powers of Word (sorry, Google Docs, but you just don't have the same capabilities), collaborative sharing and real-time communications. Office365 has it all.

Cons

There is a lot to learn, and for us, most of it has happened by trial-and-error. Constant updates is a good thing because Microsoft is always improving the product, but sometimes it's hard to keep up with what is new and different.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

The quality of documents created in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher is simply superior to what we were able to produce with competing products. When you add in the seamless integration of communications and collaboration with SharePoint, Outlook and Teams, it's a no-brainer. Can it be done in Google? Yes. Can it be done easier and more efficiently with a better-looking end product in Microsoft Office 365? Yes.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

Our server was becoming outdated and we wanted a solution that was cloud-based for mobility, scalable and user-friendly.

Tonico from Astelar Produções Artísticas

Industry: Writing and Editing

All you need in one package.

Microsoft 365 has apps and software that help my business grow the creation of books, documents, and images with the help of the simplicity of the software layout. Everyone with a little effort can professionally use Microsoft 365 as I use on my business. Microsoft 365 has many pages to help you learn about their features on Microsoft's official website, which is a great way to improve your skill on this package of office tools. Also, Microsoft 365 is present in the most powerful companies in the world, and if you need to do business with them is better to be a user of this incredible tool. I highly recommend Microsft 365 for any person around the world because, with this tool package, you will be able to create content and access your files and do business from anywhere on the planet with an internet connection.

Pros

The most significant thing about Microsoft 365 is: the package of services has anything you need to start to create your content online or offline. You can write documents, create presentations, and share the editing with your team. Microsoft 365 is a tool for all types of businesses and offices around the world. Their package of services includes tools for every need of your business. With Microsoft 365, I can write my books, write documents with Word, and create images with PowerPoint. I also can access all my files online in any device with the internet. Microsoft 365 gives me the freedom to work anywhere I go.

Cons

What I like less on the Microsft 365 is the space given for files on the OneDrive cloud. I believe 5 gigabytes on the free version is less space than we need to have to create documents and content without concerns. I suggest Microsoft 365 to expand this space to 20 gigabytes because this is a number more attractive for the business people around the world. This increase will make it easier to attract new users of the Microsft 365.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

I choose Microsft 365 because, with the free version, I can access and test all tools of the package. Microsft 365 is a tool present in many transactions of my business because my clients and my business activities need to receive documents and images with the format that I can create with Microsft 365. With Microsft 365, you will be able to manage your team, manage your emails, create and share editings in documents anywhere. This tool certainly will help you to grow your business.

Luis Alejandro from Zophistech

A very good service but a little pricey

Just great, I has tried several suites (open source and freeware) and the differences are humongous! I prefer this suite over all alternatives out there because is bug free, constantly updated and have all of the feature you may need to get a great and polished work.

Pros

Solid suite for word processing, presentation and calculated sheets, brings all of you may need in one package, storage, file sharing, great integration with most remarkable tools in the market. It is constantly evolving and updates are instantaneously given to is a software as a service (SaaS). It has more advanced and sophisticated apps for office work!

Cons

It is pricey, a different model that actually make you pay a subscription that although is has it value you have a permanent fee with too few options to avoid it.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

As I mentioned earlier, it offer a solid suites of application which are superior for the most to competitors, in terms to work in office you need a tool that besides to be easy-to-use and well known, brings all of the features you need to do your jobs great and in the less amount of time.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

The other options looks like a toy comparing with Office 365. It has all you need for professional works.

Serdar from Goodbaby International

An all-in-one package for almost all your needs.

Working with O365 is generally going very good for me as I dont manage the underlying infrastructure to make it high available for my users. Since it is a managed service, you only do the admin tasks of O365. Despite the lack of general features, I can recommend the organization who are already a customer of Microsoft.

Pros

O365 provides large organizations to migrate their on-premise infrastructure to the cloud technologies. Usually, it is very hard to move users and data to the cloud but with the help of O365 it is very easy and makes the administrators' workload less heavier. OneDrive For Business, Exchange Online, Sharepoint Online makes our users to be more portable all around the world.

Cons

Microsoft is very lazy to implement features to their products. That is why sometimes you need to wait years until a simple feature can be deployed by Microsoft. Most of the wanted features will be always missing in O365 but again there is no rival when it comes to the office apps.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Since all the infrastructure was Microsoft, it was a seamless deployment for the users when we consider there are thousands of them. Also, Azure AD makes it more easy to handle all synced users.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 11,992 reviews