All Microsoft Teams Reviews

March 2022

Powerful Workspace and High Quality Video

Van McLean

Teams as Ultimate Collaboration Software

Microsoft Teams has made groups/teams' collaboration very seamless, efficient and effective. It has introduced a new way of working for everyone. Teams has also lessened the volume of emails we need to send to my colleagues as they are now one chat away.

Pros

I like the fact that Teams listens to its consumers and compares itself with the other software/competitors. A lot has improved since I first used this in 2019. The file sharing, "Meet Now" and integration of other Microsoft platforms are my top favorites. Another feature that I enjoy about Teams is the ability to edit Microsoft files on the spot / via drive without saving it in your computer. There are a lot of Microsoft vendors in the Philippines, thus the customer service is superb - like Eastern Communications and hammerjack.

Cons

The event management side is something that needs a lot of improvement. While I have seen tons of changes from spotlight, attendee option, lobby room, to mute all participants - I'm still looking for some more features to provide a better event experience for our stakeholders. Like private chat to participants, chat to those in the waiting room, sending the participants back to the lobby, admin's ability to turn off the participant's video, function to prohibit the participants from unmuting themselves etc.

Reasons for choosing Microsoft Teams

Microsoft Teams offers a 'one-stop shop' for all your collaboration needs. I can synchronize my calendar and meet on the spot to my colleagues by just calling them.

Megan

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Just what we need to stay connected

Pros

I know there are other chat features out there, but my office has Microsoft 365, so when we all moved to working remotely, this kept us connected. Now we still all work in different locations depending on the day, so it's really great to continue to keep us connected. We literally chat all day as a team, and helps us all know what is going on moment to moment. We also really enjoy the gifs and emojis in there and oftentimes add fun to our day by having a gif competition. It's just silly fun, but we miss being together in the office, so we're grateful for the fun added through Microsoft Teams. The phone app works well (on Android at least), and it's really easy to tag people in a chat so you can make sure they see it, you can make a message "important" so it brings it specifically to everyone's attention, and you can also react to a comment instead of having to reply to it all the time. It really does work well as a chat function for a remote team.

Cons

I'm sure it's gotten better now, but the video chat features was never really as good as it could have been. At the height of the pandemic, we tried using Teams for our video chat and it didn't have good quality, only allowed a certain amount of screens to be shown at a time, and just wasn't as good as Zoom, so we switched. It does have screenshare, so that's good now, but it doesn't seem to have all the video call qualities Zoom offers.

Reasons for choosing Microsoft Teams

We already had it as a part of Microsoft 365 so figured we'd give it a shot.

Ashish

January 2023

Great platform for multifunctionality

I had a good experience overall as I used Teams for multipurpose and its multi-profile was very helpful for me to keep my personal work separate from the official. file sharing and chats were working well. option to schedule a call or call directly both features are available. The feature to form sub-groups with teams was a very useful tool.

Pros

Had the option for multiple profiles which helped in both my education and work. Easy trackability of the work assigned. Invitation and screen share was good and working seamlessly. Good for meetings among teams and classes. Easy file-sharing options.

Cons

Not good for a large group of people trying to conduct an online meeting. Makes the excess attendees as spectators. The large file can't be tracked while downloading. Recorded meeting videos sometime won't download.

Shawn

November 2022

Excellent for all teams!

Pros

The ability to keep constant communication with team members is key and teams allow a very easy and user friendly interface to do so

Cons

Teams have the tendency to freeze / hang on video calls

Chanelite

December 2022

Microsoft Team suitable for your work.

I can say it okey but not really great app. To be honest If my company don't use I will never use it. My company is using Team for communication.

Pros

What I like the most is, the app is very secure. You have to go through passcode before you enter the app. One more thing, the app having so many option , Like team, calendar, activity, etc. I can follow up my meeting by just go to the app on calendar tap to see my meeting schedule.

Cons

Very slow. Chat is not in real time. File uploading until the file finish then u can hit enter. I want sth like Telegram so you can hit enter while the file is uploading. Please fix this. Also sometime voice is error.

Zuber

October 2022

One of the Best Meetings App

Overall experience is Good and cons I have explained it in above section.. Those would help in improving the product.

Pros

1. Best app for meetings until now 2. Transcript works great 3. Meeting can be split into smaller rooms for discussions which is a super positive while working remotely 4. Meeting Notes feature small and powerful 5. Recording works great 6. Admin can control the mute of all the joinees 7. Video Backgrounds encourages all to switch their camera ON

Cons

1. Manor Chat missing feature is: Threads.. The continuous chats are confusing when long conversations go on. Huge drawback 2. Emojis doesn’t automatically popup when typed with colon.. Example, :thumsup doesn’t give thumsup emoji suggestion. 3. Screen sharing sometimes doesn’t work.. Even though screen is shared, other person can’t see it. 4. At times the Teams window is hidden and many find it difficult to reach the window.. 5. In a Group chat there is no option to call only few.. Instead it will call all from the group

Reasons for choosing Microsoft Teams

Meetings (audio and video) are the driving factor in choosing Teams.. It is easy to use and quick to understand the features..

Trvissa

November 2022

Microsoft Teams - Solution to business communication

Communication is the main business problem being solved with Microsoft teams and so far this has been doing a great job.

Pros

This software has a great impact at my company because it is very easy to use and provides solutions to several forms of communication. Employees are island wide and even international and instead of increasing cost for physical meeting, the meeting can be done via teams either video or audio, we are also able to communicate among each other by a quick message or audio message. This software was smoothly integrated with our existing processes.

Cons

One major improvement that I’d recommend is the voice recording on computer/laptop. This can be done on phones but not on the laptop

Mirza Abdul Ghafoor

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

October 2022

Work organisations step up the game with Teams !

Overall experience is master class ! So many Microsoft apps integrated , accessible from SharePoint one Drive to excel , word documents everything can be opened in teams . Shared in Microsoft teams. !

Pros

almost everything about Microsoft team is perfect,easy, simple, fast , quick and advanced , makes life’s and work teams work with a energetic spirit and reach hard goals in an easy way!

Cons

Microsoft Teams must be improved on its IOS app , the user interface on ios is too old to fit in an huge iPhone and the buttons and the software must be updated and upgraded on ios , I don’t know about android though !

Reasons for choosing Microsoft Teams

Name , popularity and obviously a Microsoft product ! Can never let us down ! Never !

Jed

January 2023

Great Tool to collaborate within Microsoft Ecosystem

Overall, this tool allows me to do what I need to. I just with the UX was a bit better and closer to that of Zoom. Not exactly like Zoom but have the device sharing compatability that Zoom offers its users. However, this is still a great and powerful tool for global team collaboration.

Pros

I like the ability to have video, screen sharing, messaging, file sharing, and video recording. These are key functions of my daily job. As a project manager of my customers/clients being able to share my screen to teach them is high on my priority list. This has to work in order to give my customers a great customer experience when being trained.

Cons

I feel that an area of opportunity is the ability to share or cast a different screen from an iPhone, iPad, Android, Tablet, etc. This needs to be improved and be much easier for the end user to be able to share multiple screens that may not be attached to their computer screen.

Romeo

Industry: Semiconductors

MSTeams

User-friendly, convenient, and not pricy.

Pros

Meeting it is easy to use and very convenient.

Cons

i don't have any dislike for this software.

Dallas

December 2022

Save Time with TEAMS for PC Business Owners/Users!

It was good, but in the end Google won me over with Workspace and the affiliated Google networks.

Pros

I liked how we could view meetings from a browser, mobile app or a desktop instalment. The quality of the meetings improved with the downloaded desktop version so I highly recommend you download the app.

Cons

The conferencing was an excellent feature however, my video screen sharing would great some video performance issues with attendees. Overall, an excellent SaaS for small business owners who use PC.

Itumeleng

Meetings Made easier

Pros

Being able to work remotely avoiding traffic and getting more work done

Cons

There's little to dislike, just taking time to learn how to navigate it, connection due low signal

Back and Forth Conversation Emails Are a Thing of The Past!

Teams has signalled a shift in the way those in our business communicate with one another. It has meant that instead of emailing back and forth, users now use Teams to IM one another. No longer do users attach files to emails and send them to one another; now they simply share files quickly and easily through Teams. This increased communication between colleagues and departments along with increased sharing of resources and collaboration on work projects has improved productivity significantly.

Pros

Teams is a very user-friendly application that facilitates communication between individual users and whole departments. IM capabilities mean that users can message one another to collaborate on projects and share ideas. Files and documents can be shared with others, and Teams also has audio/calling conferencing capabilities (part of Microsoft's vision to deprecate Skype for Business in favour of Teams) meaning users can meet and share ideas even if they are at home or away from the office. The mobile app allows you to chat to colleagues when you aren't at your desk. If users are part of a departmental team, they can view these teams within the app; they can message other team members, share files, and use other Microsoft-specific apps such as Planner or SharePoint if they have been set up. Meeting scheduling is also available from within Teams, linking up with your Outlook calendar. For administrators, it is easy to deploy and maintain the Teams application using GPOs, and the application itself is self-updating on startup.

Cons

Teams currently installs to the user's 'AppData Roaming' folder, which means that it is installed separately for every user that logs into the computer. It is quite resource intensive to run the applications compared to other communications apps. However, both of these issues have been flagged for review on the Microsoft Teams suggestions and feedback website, suggesting they will be rectified in a future release.

Reasons for choosing Microsoft Teams

Teams was chosen as our communications application over other products as it was bundled with Office 365, which we currently use within the organisation and have multiple active subscriptions for. As Teams is provided under the E1 licence (which all of our users receive), this made it the obvious choice to deploy as our communications app as we were already paying for it. The fact it was part of the Office 365 eco-system made it easier to deploy alongside other Microsoft apps that we currently use.

Matthew

Teams has kept our team functioning at the same productivity while working remotely

We were separated because of the pandemic stay-at-home orders, but quickly came back together through Microsoft teams.

Pros

*Super easy to figure out how to use - very intuitive, even for low-tech users. *Allows people outside our organization to easily join on an invited video chat. *The video chat feature allows us to have a daily team huddle each morning and keeps the team together and motivated. *Teams allows us to have "chats" with user-defined groups. So every project has its own chat-channel. PLUS it integrates shared files into share-point. *Integration to other Microsoft products is helpful (Sharepoint, Outlook, and more).

Cons

*It was a little buggy integrating into my Outlook. I had to spend hours trying to get the two integrated and was fixed through some complicated settings I had to find. *It currently doesn't have break-out chat-rooms (taking a large group and dividing them into smaller groups). I had heard they are going to add this feature - but it is not yet available. *Since we present to youth, we need the ability to turn off chat-features to each other during presentations. This is not available like some competitors. Large-group webinar features seem to be lacking. *When we have our whole staff of 27, there are times it can lag and have choppy delays. Note: We are not sure if this is our internet bandwidth of Teams. *

Reasons for choosing Microsoft Teams

We actually purchased both Zoom and teams because they are different in different areas. Ideally, we would like to see the features merge into one tool.

Joel

True Seamlesss Multi-Platform Collaboration

We are a group of a dozen people across North America and expecting to grow to multiple countries in the next year. We use the group chat and video chats as a way to "walk to someone's desk" or "peek over the cubicle wall".

Pros

Proper and correct syncing between multiple platforms is by far the best feature. It looks, works, and keeps track of current conversations regardless of the platform. Ability to take notes and/or schedule notes within a meeting or group chat is very valuable. All of these files are kept in sync regardless of the platform, and this syncing is seamless. The fact that all of this is integrated fully into the rest of our Office365 package means we don't have to have multiple apps or worry that a plugin won't be supported.

Cons

What we have like least is currently in development by Microsoft. At the moment, we cannot undock a video chat window from the regular chats. We also cannot have multiple chat windows going. It would be great to be able to continue a live video conference and have a chat window on another part of the screen or use the whiteboard or note taking features all at the same time.

Reasons for choosing Microsoft Teams

Previously my team had experience with several "competing" software products. When one of us goes on a walk, answers some messages, and then transfers back to their desk, the Skype for Business desktop app was missing parts or all of the conversation. Switching between phone, tablet, and desktop was problematic. Spark Server with Ignite and other XMPP clients required significant custom plugins and custom development that we would have had to maintain. Other solutions like Slack of Google Hangouts had a higher price point and offered less than what we needed, as well as less professional appearing.

Professional, Simple, Smart and Easy Office Tool

I love Ms Teams. It has helped me tremendously especially during this WFH situation. I was able to conduct meetings, view meetings that i was not able to attend, and train new recruits easily while working from home. We were able to share all the documents in chats and it is so easy to view all the documents shared in the Teams app.

Pros

Teams is very easy to use and it is fast. I can use it anywhere be it my laptop or smartphone. Because of the Pandemic and WFH situation, Teams has helped me and my colleagues carry on our work in a regular way and stay in touch or conduct meetings as we used to in the office. Screen Sharing and Recording is amazing and one of the most important tools I feel. This helped us a lot in training new recruits without being there in person. The best part is this integrates with outlook and the calendar so I do not miss any important meetings i am asked to attend.

Cons

The screen when sharing is small and should be increased in size. Maybe due to slow internet connection or what, the screen appears in a lag during screen sharing but everything else is working fine. The screen blurs when the internet fluctuates even a bit.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Teams

Here we could conduct everything together. The chats, the meetings, screen sharing, etc. Teams just seemed like a better option to keep everyone in one place.

Brittany