All Nextiva Reviews

Great work in progress

Suzi

Semiconductors, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Great communication tool with good customer service.

On the whole, I couldn't be happier with how well Nextiva has worked out for me. In spite of the uncommon platform troubles, I have no hesitation in recommending Nextiva to businesses who are looking for a reliable method of communicating with their customers and employees

PROS

Nextiva's support team is available 24/7/365, including holidays and after hours. Members of the support staff are knowledgeable, helpful, and polite. The best part about getting help is that they will work with you to find a solution, rather than just handing you a set of instructions that you may or may not be able to follow. The phone system and service are reliable and available at all times.

CONS

Basically nothing. Since we've been using Nextiva for years and it's served us well, I've opted to keep it for internal calls and for the advanced functionality that our business software lacks.

Reasons for switching to Nextiva

Because it is a very easy program to use, it has excellent customer support.

Hello, Suzi. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your review. We're delighted to read your feedback - thanks for the love and if anything comes up, feel free to reach out!

Replied April 2023

Robert

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Nextiva is a stable provider but app could be improved

Good but could be better. Better app is definitely needed and the response time for support phone calls could be greatly improved.

PROS

Stability and ease of use and management. Have not had any major issues or outages since implementation.

CONS

The desktop application was replaced soon after we converted and it is not very good or well thought out. I don't understand why a desktop application will make my computer ring.

Reason for choosing Nextiva

Smoother transition and no need for on premise equipment.

Reasons for switching to Nextiva

We DID NOT switch from Mitel. We were on ShoreTel but this survey will not allow me to input that. ShoreTel was EOL and the OS software needed to be upgraded so we went to cloud based system.

Jerick

Education Management, 2-10 employees

The Best VOIP

Your user-friendly interface has made managing calls and messages effortless, boosting our productivity. While my experience has been positive, I believe simplifying certain features in the mobile app could enhance user experience.

PROS

Our productivity has increased dramatically as a result of the user-friendly interface, which has made managing calls and texts much simpler. Even though my experience has been quite good, I think that the mobile app's user experience may be improved by simplifying some of its capabilities, especially for professionals who are constantly on the road.

CONS

We don't have any problems with Nextiva.

Thomas

Facilities Services, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2020

Acceptable Service Experience Totally Let Down By Apps

The sales and initial implementation were fine. Shortly after activating, a tech "cleaned up" some settings in my configuration which completely disabled my service. Tech support in that case was prompt and thorough, although they never did call back as promised to make sure everything was fixed. Customer support since then has been a mixed bag. The online configuration is daunting and not something the average user should venture into. I have a computer background and still found it confusing. The service itself (once configured properly) mostly worked fine and if you're using physical phones your experience may be different. However, I wanted to rely on the Windows and Android apps. They are functional, but not friendly. In the best cases, the apps require more steps to do things than should be necessary. For example, to add a contact from a caller ID record in the Windows app, you have to first add the number to contacts and then edit the contact to change the name, rather than just being able to add & edit in one step. There's no way to add contacts in bulk. The Outlook plug-in is broken and simply doesn't work. It's impossible to initiate an SMS message to a new contact; you have to have the contact text you first. You can't set a default view for the app. The online faxing is not integrated into the phone system and has a 1980s interface. The Android app has it's own problems.

PROS

The voice service, once configured properly, generally worked fine. I had some rare glitches, but not sure whether they were Nextiva's fault.

CONS

The Windows and Android softphone apps are sub-par and make no effort to make the customer's life easier. Online fax interface is clunky and out-of-date. Video conferencing is complicated. Software is cluttered with team features I don't need that I can't hide. Configuration is complex and easy to break. Can't initiate SMS texts (contact has to text you first) and no MMS texting. Expensive for what you get.

Reason for choosing Nextiva

I choose Nextiva over others because it offered many features I was looking for in one package - Windows & Android softphone apps, online faxing, text messaging, online conferencing, voicemail to email. Unfortunately, they succumb to the "jack of all trades, master of none" problem and I'm now switching to multiple other providers for a better experience.

Hello Thomas, thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear that you've found the Nextiva app difficult to use at times. We want to help resolve this issue for you.

Replied December 2020

Nathan

Furniture, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2024

An incredibly useful VoIP solution

My overall experience is excellent. Nextiva works 99% of the time and is very easy to setup. Our account manager is very responsive and customer support has resolved just about every issue in under 2 days.

PROS

Nextiva works very well for internal and external communication between our employees and customers. It has a lot of functionality that is simple to setup. Our account rep [sensitive content hidden] is awesome and works with us on everything!

CONS

The administrative management of the account could use some uplift in UI/UX. It's difficult to find more niche things such as a specific type of call log because it's buried under another tab that doesn't really make sense.

Reason for choosing Nextiva

Nextiva had the same basic functionality at a lesser price. I'm glad we went with them overall.

Matthew

Building Materials, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Good choice for Voip

I'm happy with them thus far and considering that we're a new customer. Time will tell if they continue to provide good support and improve on features.

PROS

Comparable pricing, good features, easy to setup, good tech support thus far.

CONS

Some features like video conferencing and integrations are limited.

Reason for choosing Nextiva

Ring Central had lousy service just on the sales calls so I would never attempt to trust their product or tech support.

Reasons for switching to Nextiva

Mitel is going out of business but we were not happy with Mitel at all anyway.

Hey Matthew! I am glad Nextiva has been a good choice for your business. I look forward to us continuing to wow you with our Amazing Service and intuitive product, and I know you have made the right decision on your business communication partner. If you need anything else, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at reviews@nextiva.com. - Thomas from Nextiva

Replied March 2024

Robert

Civic & Social Organization, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2024

Nextiva The easy solution

Overall the service is far superior to land line and their customer service is spot on.

PROS

Easy set up. [sensitive content hidden] was perfect in making it what I needed

CONS

Initial contract was time consuming to get tailored for our business

Reason for choosing Nextiva

Value for the money. Not aggressive, just offered solutions.

Reasons for switching to Nextiva

Ease of use. Reputation and referral from our tech company

Jake

Telecommunications, 2-10 employees

Nextiva is amazing!

PROS

The team was very informative and enjoyable to work with. The platform itself fits all of our needs for a round-robin style call center setup.

CONS

Nothing bad to say here - haven't run into any hiccups with Nextiva.

Reasons for switching to Nextiva

Dialpad did not meet the needed features we were looking for at our price point.

Gerardo

Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2024

Best APP ever!

I'm very pleased with the service provided, my team use it daily and we don't have any issues

PROS

The platform is very easy to handle and communication is outstanding.

CONS

would be great to have the ability to send messages for any number not the saved ones only

Jeremy

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Saved me in the clutch (switched from Dialpad)

PROS

Incredibly fast onboarding and support - basically set up the whole system for me in a pinch. Works great and calls do not get marked spam (unlike Dialpad).

CONS

nothing to dislike! We are waiting on the ability to text.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Nextiva the Good the Bad and the Fugy

The best things about working with Nextiva are 1. Our Sales Rep . 2. Amazing! HD Call quality compared to our old VoIP Service. 3. Versatility of the software. Our Sales Rep worked his ass off for us. And had the patience of a saint with my million and one questions, and reworking the quotes to our needs over & over & over.... Over a years’ worth of questions and reworking the quote to something we could get the big boss to sign. Let’s be realistic any time you are making this big of a change to your corporations 30+ phone network in multiple states. it will never go 100% perfectly without a hitch as much as you prepare and strive to make every preparation. Two months before our ISP was to be installed was when we had our first glitch at the beginning of the setup process while I was on vacation with the family, and only had access to my Cell phone. And I got the much-dreaded email from the Boss saying no-one can call in on our Toll-free phone number. We’re losing sales! What’s going on? This could be a career-ending type of event. Our toll-free number just stopped working 2 months before the date we requested the porting to take place. I Called the sales rep. He assured me it wasn’t anything that Nextiva did. About 15 minutes later the sales rep called me back. O’ My god it was us! He figured out what happened and mad things happen on his end to get our phones back up temporari He Saved my Bacon!

PROS

Ease of use to add and manage users in multiple cities and states remotely. Ease of adding new phones or devises Like VoIP PA Speaker in the Factory. And cordless phones as a secondary phone sharing a single Ext # with a desk phone. The old Cell Phone App. (not the new one) everyone loved this App.

CONS

1. Build Call Flow is a total Fake selling tool used to show potential customers how easy it is to configure your call flows. It’s total BS. If you call customer support to assist you in a new configuration they tell you. O that doesn’t really work anymore, we need to configure it on the back end for you. Don’t try to use it. If it’s nonfunctional don’t try to sell me on how easy it is using it.

Reasons for switching to Nextiva

The simplicity of administration. Ability to configure the system to our style of use. Analytics Savings over old service

Gregg

Sporting Goods, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2021

A good phone system, but could be better.

PROS

Mostly, I like that it works. I don’t get complaints from my people like I did with our previous Dialpad system. Free high-quality desk phones was a juice bonus. Not a difficult system to learn or use as a user.

CONS

No voicemail transcription! Difficult to change call trees by yourself (but customer service does it happily and quickly for you). My personal white whale - the iOS app does not work (refuses to sign in) on my iPhone or iPad because it doesn’t like my wifi router (or some such BS).

Reasons for switching to Nextiva

Dialpad continuously sent calls straight to voicemail even when people were ready and waiting to receive the call. That’s bad business right there.

Hello Gregg, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear that you're enjoying the switch to Nextiva and the ease of use that comes with it. We appreciate your feedback on voicemail transcription and the mobile app will make our team aware of the issue and work to improve this for you in the future.

Replied January 2022

Jon

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Reliability is a cornerstone of Nextiva's service.

What truly sets Nextiva apart is its unwavering dedication to call quality. Crystal-clear voice connections and a near absence of dropped calls have become the norm. This consistency is vital for maintaining a professional image and forging strong client relationships.

PROS

Nextiva doesn't just provide a service; they deliver an entire communication ecosystem. Their extensive feature set, including auto-attendants, call forwarding, and voicemail-to-email transcription, empowers businesses of all sizes. This comprehensive suite of tools has allowed my team to work efficiently, regardless of where we are located.

CONS

I have had very little issues with Nextiva.

Reliability

Reasons for switching to Nextiva

Call Quality Issues: Problems with call quality, including dropped calls, audio distortion, and delays. This can be frustrating for both personal and business use.Customer Service: Negative experiences with Vonage's customer support, citing long wait times and difficulty resolving issues.Pricing: While Vonage's pricing may seem competitive at first, there have been complaints about hidden fees and unexpected charges that increase the overall cost.Limited Features: I require advanced features for business purposes and Vonage is lacking in comparison to other VOIP providers that offer a broader range of features.Reliability: Service outages and downtime, which can be particularly problematic for businesses relying on VOIP for communication.

Aaron

Photography, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2023

Amazing VOIP service provider for small business

My overall experience with nextiva has been beyond exceptional. Any time I’ve ever had an issue or technical difficulties which most of the time it was on my end I would either call my rep, which of course I forgot to mention that above when I signed up, I was assigned a representative that whenever I had any issues I give them a call directly instead of calling the one 800 number and that was amazing, I did not have to wait around. I just gave them a call and they fix my issues.

PROS

The biggest reason why I even chose a nextiva is because of the pricing options that they have along with the features of the phone service, because there are a couple services that I looked at that charge extra for a lot of the features that next Eva has included with the relatively low pricing and it is something that is definitely 100% appreciate it But this phone service helps me separate my personal and business calls on my cell phone and the best part is it makes our small company look like a multi million dollar corporation when clients call us or even if we just need to transfer them over to a different person. It sounds very professional when I tell them I need to route their call to another Line

CONS

There’s not very many cons I do think if there was anything, of course I would wish there would be a slight cheaper option but for everything that you get with nextiva and their pricing options, it’s already at a great price so there’s not really a con but I think every company would like to see cheaper and cheaper options from different providers but again no con

Reason for choosing Nextiva

The biggest reason was price. The representative that I talked about nextiva was able to give me a really good pricing option that had way more features than RingCentral, and there were a couple of extra add-ons that I didn’t know about with RingCentral that would essentially make the pricing equal two or more than I was going to pay at nextiva, so it literally made it useless for their cheapest option in my opinion.

Reasons for switching to Nextiva

There are a lot of different reasons, but I was using the free Google voice option, which is great for not having a budget at the time but it’s impossible to separate business and personal calls. Even though you get a call on the Google voice app, it either comes through as Google voice on the caller ID, or just as a regular phone number and it’s impossible to know if it’s routing from the Google Voice app or if it’s just a personal call that was a huge downside for me and one of the major reasons I switched all of the extra features were just Benifits , but now I can’t see myself without

Cory

Mental Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Amazing Product

Overall our experience with Nextiva has been great.

PROS

What really makes any company is customer service and support. If we can't figure something out or are having issues their support team is always very quick to fix the issue and always have a good attitude.

CONS

Because we use the call center and call recording functionality some of the sites are hard to get to. Especially being a HIPAA secure account.

Reason for choosing Nextiva

Their customer service and support was better than anyone else I spoke with. If I had a question they couldn't answer they either got me one by the end of the call or they scheduled a call with someone that could answer the questions.

Reasons for switching to Nextiva

We needed a solution that was easy to use, affordable, and had cloud capabilities so our lead staff could work from home if needed.

Joseph

Entertainment, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Excellent Small to Medium VOIP Business Solution

Nextiva has proven to be an exceptional solution for our franchise from a VP of Technology perspective. Initially, it served as a consolidated solution, delivering not only cost savings but also a user-friendly interface. Over time, it evolved into a product offering outstanding support and customizable configurations tailored to our business needs. Additionally, we are exploring the integration of conversational AI to propel our business to new heights. In conclusion, Nextiva stands out as an excellent choice for small to medium-sized businesses and potentially extends its value to enterprises.

PROS

Easy to use, cost effective, great support and many integrations.

CONS

Could use improvements in reporting, support can get a little backed up at times and a little too much turnover of account managers.

Reasons for switching to Nextiva

All previous services had poor support, high prices and not near the features Nextiva offered.

Beth