All RingEX Reviews

Darian

Insurance, 201-500 employees

Reviewed May 2022

Review of Ringcentral

Ringcentral replaces our previous phone system in its entirety, allowing us to utilize soft phones and providing a means for video and text communications. Although we later transitioned to different services for chat and video, initially it was a welcome addition when we were just needing the phone/fax. Overall ring central is a high quality soft phone.

PROS

Ringcentral gave us a lot of options with a low barrier to entry. We came from an environment with no soft phone capability so the transition was very noticeable. The peer-to-peer communication and peer-to-client communication are both very simple and the call quality is always crystal clear.

CONS

The initial IVR setup for our company was a very drawn out process. We had to hire an external party to create our entire workflow since the built in functionality did not suit our needs. Additionally, we were in the market for a custom API hook that new calls would invoke and the process to get this built in took an extremely long time (6+ months) to add.

Reasons for switching to RingEX

Softphones were not a part of our plan with Mitel, additionally we noticed some issues with the reporting that our employees were bringing up that the reports were unreliable.

cindy

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2023

ring central is awesome

Awesome experience, so far so good, reliable cost saving

PROS

User friendly and easy to set up. Time and money saving

CONS

no refunds on down time, you just have to call your sales team

Reason for choosing RingEX

Ring central was cheaper and support was awesome

Reasons for switching to RingEX

Ring Central was running the platform, so we made the switch

Hey Cindy, the Review Team appreciates your feedback! We are proud to provide you with a user-friendly experience that is easily implemented. If you have questions or want to continue the conversation, please email us at review@ringcentral.com.

Replied November 2023

Sandy

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed May 2020

Calls Drop Constantly

Having a system that allows you to take calls from any device makes privacy a lot easier--no need to give out your personal number for business purposes. Also, if people can have calls forwarded it's not necessarily required to give everyone a company-provided smartphone, a huge cost savings as well.

PROS

The RingCentral system allows you to seamlessly use your same phone number on your physical desk phone, laptop, and has an app for your smartphone. As someone who takes a lot of calls in conference rooms for privacy, it's nice to have the calls available on my smartphone versus having to transfer the call to a conference room phone. I also appreciate that the contact list is built into the system so I don't have to search for employees' extensions and whatnot. During times when we work remotely it helps that I don't have to set up call forwarding or anything like that, it's like I never left the office really. The software we have also enables easier international calling from your phone, we are a global company so this is used frequently. The app is easy to use which is nice.

CONS

The biggest issue that we run into is that calls drop a lot in the middle of the call. For example, when I would call colleagues in NY and Dublin, halfway through the call, regardless of where I was located, the call would drop and the app wouldn't reconnect to the data or wifi on my phone, so I'd have to completely reboot my smartphone to get back into the app. It wouldn't be a big deal if it happened every once in a while but I have run into this 5-7 times per week which puts a big strain on my workload.

Danielle

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2024

RingCentral for the remote worker

PROS

I love that I can use my ring central number instead of my work or personal cell phone number to reach clients. Since I work from home, I do not want clients having my personal or business number and ring central allows that. I can call a client via ring central and if they call me back it is through that number. Another great feature is setting do not disturb hours so that calls will not come in after business hours based on time zone. I also like that when I receive a call, I have the choice to answer via my mobile phone or computer since the application is on both.

CONS

Nothing at this time, using this feature is a great resource to remote workers.

Hey Danielle, the Review Team appreciates you sharing your positive experience with RingCentral! We are proud that our platform has been a valuable resource for remote work, offering the flexibility to use your RingCentral number and maintain professionalism. The 'Do Not Disturb' feature and the ability to answer calls on your mobile phone or computer are designed to enhance your work-life balance! If you have questions or want to share more about your experience, please email us at review@ringcentral.com. Thank you for choosing RingCentral!

Replied February 2024

Rene

Human Resources, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Best tool for calls

PROS

There were no technical errors at all while using the application, nor were there any call drops.

CONS

Sometimes the messages are not delivered.

Reasons for switching to RingEX

There are lots of bugs and technical errors.

Hey Rene, the Review Team thanks you for your positive review! We are thrilled that RingCentral has provided you with a reliable calling experience. If you ever have more insights to share or need assistance, feel free to reach out; we are here to ensure your experience continues to be excellent. We appreciate you and your business!

Replied January 2024

Martha

Automotive, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2021

RingCentral way better by far!

They are by far 100 times better then Nextiva!

PROS

Everything, very friendly software. I love the software.

CONS

A couple of times my text did not go out. But was fixed after I reported the issue.

Reason for choosing RingEX

I had already tried both.

Reasons for switching to RingEX

Was with RingCentral, switched to Nextiva, two days after switching I knew it was the biggest mistake. Everything was wrong with Nextiva. There was never a solution, only we are trying to fix the problem. 3weeks later. We are trying to fix the problem. No thank you!

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2022

A pretty good office phone system not cost effective at all!

See above. The only problem is cost and customer service.

PROS

The main things this system does well; call routing, mobile access, voicemail, call transfers.

CONS

This software takes a very long time to set up and get rolled out to the team. This is not cheap and only gets more expensive over time. Their customer service is terrible. I have to search to find out anything on my own. I have tired to schedule numerous meetings with my account manager and usually don't get a reply. The last time we actually got one scheduled he flaked and never called into the meeting. I had my whole team there waiting.

Reasons for switching to RingEX

More features and I was told by a sales person it would be cheaper. They lied.

Reviewed May 2021

Ringcentral not as easy as it appears to be.

Overall it has been an okay experience but It would be even better if clients could log in a bit easier.

PROS

I like that this product allows me to easily share my screen and record the screen sharing for meetings that I have daily with clients.

CONS

About half of the clients who try to log in have trouble at some point. Some of these clients are never able to login. Me personally I have had no problem with the software but for those non-tech savvy clients it has been an ongoing issue.

Reasons for switching to RingEX

I switched companies which is why i switched meeting software.

Computer & Network Security, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2023

RingCentral MVP is great for internal collaboration

Although we do not love their customer service department, overall it is worth the money.

PROS

It was easy to install, and it is easy to use.

CONS

The customer service department is improving but it still takes a long time to resolve issues. There is a lot of waiting on hold for unimportant tasks.

Reasons for switching to RingEX

I wanted more collaboration options and better quality of service.

Hey Sarah, thank you for your terrific feedback; we love to hear how RingCentral MVP is easy to install and user-friendly! To share more or discuss your experience further, please email the Review Team at review@ringcentral.com. Thank you!

Replied December 2023

Luke

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2023

RingCentral

RingCentral has been easy to use and implement and recommend for small or large businesses.

PROS

The ease of use and ability for our sales team to be able to answer calls that are meant for our team during business hours, and have a simple and organized location for all after-hours calls.

CONS

No specific cons at this time. Before, the app did not include HUD features which made it more difficult, but this has been addressed.

Reasons for switching to RingEX

Functionality and ease of use of the product.

Hey Luke, we love to hear how our product delivers an organized solution that is easy for your team to implement! Thank you for sharing your experience with us and the community; if you would like to share more, please do not hesitate to email us at review@ringcentral.com. We appreciate you!

Replied December 2023

Jenna

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2024

RingCentral MVP

I like ring central better then spectrum or At&T. Love that it connects to your mobile phone and can login and out of when needed.

PROS

Easy to use on Mobile phone and link your ext to your mobile app. Easy to transfer calls to the correct person. Can log in and out when needed.

CONS

Voicemail not linked to email address to come through as an email.

Eric

Oil & Energy, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed August 2023

work smart not harder work from home

This was an absolutely vital tool during the pandemic.

PROS

Being able to have my full class in the video conference.

CONS

It's a bit difficult to do large video conferences requiring a bit of maneuvering.

Reasons for switching to RingEX

This was much more streamlined to courses and teaching as well as ease of presentation.

Eric, thank you for taking the time to express how our product has positively impacted you. If you want to tell us more, email us at review@ringcentral.com; the Review Team appreciates your feedback!

Replied August 2023

Ryan

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Reviewed October 2021

They saved us from an ancient ShoreTel system, and helped us embrace remote work

RingCentral has been in business voip for a long time now. They are huge, well defined, and are consistent across the entire experience of sales, design, implementation and training. When you onboard, you feel like you are gaining access to a huge resource that has been doing this long enough to have their game down. You pay more for that kind of experience, and it was worth it to us.

PROS

The platform feels modern and robust. I like that end users can install the client without us having to deploy msi's. The sound quality alone on calls was night in day from our onprem system with SIP trunks. We were worried about quality, but it's been a non issue. It's nice having a platform that is constantly improving over time, without us having to shell out more money to prod the vendor to offer more. If you have solid internet connections into your business, you'll be fine.

CONS

The offering was a little on the pricier side compared to competitors. Worth it in my opinion though.

Reason for choosing RingEX

Ring felt the most mature and well developed out of the other offerings. We were willing to pay more for a better overall product and support experience. The platform does feel like unified communication, and is flexible enough with API access that we'll be able to change how we use it over time. The other offerings often felt bolted together from acquisitions to get into the space. Ring felt a little more robust and fleshed out compared to the others.

Reasons for switching to RingEX

Running an on prem pbx just doesn't make sense anymore when you have fast internet access. We decided our time was more valuable in other areas of the business.

Brandi

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Ring Central is better than the trendy apps for business calls!

With Ring Central, we're able to record calls for training, make seamless transfers to other team members, block spam callers, and our team is able to have access to one shared company line as well as private extensions. It's a business-saver when we all work remotely!

PROS

The call recording has been huge for training our team members. The ability to transfer a call to someone with the Ask First is a feature not many apps allow, AND the fact that if my team member can't answer, I can then transfer the call back to myself for taking a message is something we haven't found in any other phone app. In other apps, if I did an Ask First transfer then the person was just lost entirely which was not good for business.

CONS

The one thing that has been less favorable is that your native phone app can/will ring over top of the Ring Central app. So it's possible to be on a Ring Central call and then have your native app ring in a call on top and you can't hear the Ring Central call. I also wish that if one of my other team members answers a call on our shared line, it wouldn't show as a missed call for me. But these are little things compared to all the benefits of the RC app.

Reasons for switching to RingEX

With Dialpad, we were unable to bring a call back if the person we transferred to couldn't answer. Then the call was just lost and they'd have to call us back to get to the person's voicemail.

Thomas

Insurance, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Streamlined Communication and Stellar Service

The platform's user-friendly interface made setting up and managing our phone system incredibly easy. The call quality was exceptional, ensuring crystal-clear conversations with clients and colleagues. The range of features, such as call routing and voicemail transcription, greatly improved our efficiency and productivity. Overall, RingCentral provided a seamless and reliable communication solution that greatly enhanced our business operations. Can't recommend this product enough.

PROS

We used the optional onboarding PM for our deployment to free up time with our IT Department and it was well worth the investment. This allowed us for a seamless go-live deployment!

CONS

While the admin user interface is nice looking, it can be a little daunting at first because configurations can be done many ways. Further to this, it is not possible to test a 'what-if' after you are done programming (for example what-if a call comes in on X and they do Y where does the call get routed) leaving you to deploy into production and potentially cause downtime or issues.

Reason for choosing RingEX

We found that while the price was a little higher than most of these products, the support and feature set that came with RingCentral really fit our company.

Reasons for switching to RingEX

The lack of features, customization and minimal support, compounded the issues we already had with the system's requirements.

Andres

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Excellent tool

Excellent, it is efficient, easy to use, and reliable.

PROS

It is a completely efficient tool; it can be easily used with either a small or large team. It has all kinds of tools useful to keep efficient call tracking, performance log, and analytics.

CONS

I do not consider I have something I do not like from this software at the moment.

Reason for choosing RingEX

The reviews, pricing, support during the purchase, and general information

Reasons for switching to RingEX

The previous tool did not include half of the features found in RingCentral

Ian

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Incredible Phone Management

We have had an excellent experience using RingCentral MVP. It has been essential for our communication within our team and with our clients. I would recommend to any company looking to have great video and telephone communications.

PROS

We utilize the ability to manage all our users phones and licensing form the admin portal. Uses connections are very reliable and the VoIP options help us be more mobile. The administration is easy to learn and setup. Users are able to quickly pick up how to use phones.

CONS

If we had to pick a con for this it would be that it really makes you use their phones if you want a physical phone at desks. It would be nice to use other brands.

Reason for choosing RingEX

We choose RingCentral MVP over Zoom phone due to them having more features and better pricing.

Reema

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Decent Centralized Communications Service

It was alright. There were a few bugs with notifications not appearing across platform, but otherwise calls were clear and didn't drop.

PROS

Their customer service is alright, and they are versatile platform for calling services. Their calling features are alright, but they are on the pricy side compared to other services. You are able to take calls on both desktop and on a cell phone, so it mitigates the need for a business cell plan and transfers all call services online. Porting over customer contacts was pretty easy with the RingCentral customer representative.

CONS

As a company, we used RingCenteral for a year before switching to a new call service specifically because, while their phone services are pretty decent, their SMS features are subpar at best, and we wanted a more unified service with less cost.

Reasons for switching to RingEX

We actually switched from RingCentral to Grasshopper due to the cost of RingCentral, and the issues I mentioned above.

Dawn