Browse OpenPhone Reviews

Terry from Axdraft

Great as a second business line

Pros

Can make calls as easily as form openphone as my normal daily phone

Cons

No cons works as I need and many features requested are being developed

Response from OpenPhone Technologies

Replied July 2020

Thanks a lot for your review, Terry! We're thrilled to have you as a customer and look forward to growing together with you.

Adam from Trend Contractor

Great 2nd line phone service for business

Had problems initially porting my number due to my problems from my previous service. I worked with one tech person at OpenPhone who was proactive, communicative, and really made me feel like my business was super important to them. The service is crystal clear, and everyone I've reached out with has been responsive very quick. Love the new services that keep being introduced, especially the auto transcript of voicemail and call recordings. Havent used the auto attendant, but plan to soon. So many features all for one low price. OpenPhone is a great business partner to have.

Pros

separate contacts lists, windows desktop app, many features with new ones constantly being rolled out, and all for a very reasonable monthly charge are why I love Openphone, but what truly separates them from others I've tried has been the support I received during implementation and porting my number.

Cons

The only thing I'd like to see is the ability to set a (or for it to have its own) custom ringtone

Reasons for Choosing OpenPhone

What initially sold me was the ability to keep a separate contacts list for my business contacts out of my phone's regular contacts app, along with a reasonable cost

Reasons for Switching to OpenPhone

Dingatone was full of nonsense, like it was designed for teenagers (maybe it was). The worst was a game they had where other customers could go in and steal your credits. Not a good service for business use. What annoyed me was, like most other low cost phone apps, was it requiring to connect to your phone contact list. Its important to me to keep my business and personal contacts separate.

Effie from Afterword

Unreliable

Pros

User interface is easy to set up and use

Cons

OpenPhone is completely unreliable. I ported over a number and it doesn't receive text messages consistently. I've tested many times and asked friends to send texts that do not go through. I've reached out to support who has been slow to respond and completely unhelpful.

Ben from MakeMyBellyFit

Powerful, reliable, simple to use! It works.

We needed an uncomplicated phone. Previously we were paying too much for what we needed and the system was overly complex. Openphone has been easy to work with from the get-go. The customer support has been fantastic whenever we've had a feature request or run into issues (rare). Highly recommend for small businesses and solopreneurs to separate personal phones from business.

Pros

Quick and easy setup. Excellent customer support including new feature requests. Works very well on a daily basis.

Cons

As one we run two businesses with the same team in the same industry, initially we were hoping to use the same phone number and then redirect to the correct company. There was a small workaround initially however a feature has since been added to allow us to do this without a "hack".

Reasons for Choosing OpenPhone

Their feature set was clearly communicated (met our needs) and offered at a competitive price.

Reasons for Switching to OpenPhone

Was looking for a more affordable phone service that provided the features that we needed and not have us paying for a lot extra.

Ihor from Savchuk Consulting Service Inc

Very good experience

It helped me to split my business and private contacts and interactions without having another physical phone. I can be in touch in any place of World for the same price by my local phone number. I can easily transfer this number in one click to another person when I m in vacation or have day off.

Pros

I user this service for few years and really satisfied by simplicity, quality and functionality of this sass. I have subscribed and deployed this app in less than 5 minutes. Like to be in touch with my clients everywhere across the World. Recommend

Cons

By the beginner I was expecting more functions in this app, but now I completely satisfied how quickly they develop their product. No cons at this moment

Reasons for Choosing OpenPhone

Absolutely clear police, attractive price and very simple user interface

John from Assured Restoration

Best I’ve Found

I am a previous user of Line2 and in my opinion OpenPhone stands out on top. Not only in reliability and features . But the customer service is number one!!!!!

Pros

I love the interface. The integration of the app into multiple platforms. The ease of use. And most of all the reliability of the app.

Cons

Blocked numbers notifications coming through even after being placed on the block list.

Line2 Became unreliable.

Ross from RWL Holdings

Best light phone system out there

Great phone system that connects teams and organizes clients at a great price!

Pros

This is an extremely affordable phone system that has a light crm that comes with it. It will only get better in the future but very impressed with what I get vs. how much I pay.

Cons

I wish it had the ability to integrate with other CRM systems. But other than that it’s a great system !

Price and value

Aaron from AMARQUEZ

A must for agile businesses, especially remote teams

I’d highly recommend this to any size business. Simple yet scalable and includes all the features needed.

Pros

- the ability to save canned text replies - switch and manage between phone numbers easily - desktop and mobile apps - business hours for automated texts!

Cons

Cons? I didn’t find this sooner. It’s literally been a game changer.

Kamil from 42+ Agency

Business phone for SMBs

Pros

The native app is fanatic. Love the cadence of new releases like recording inbox and a Mac app. Voice quality is excellent and I don’t need to give out my personal number for clients and prospects.

Cons

A central admin console and centralized bulling

December 2021

Corticia from Revill Law Firm

December 2021

Overall, OpenPhone is use-friendly and a great product to have for your business.

Pros

We purchased OpenPhone as a secondary option for our business. The text messaging feature has been essential in our everyday operations.

Cons

I would like the option to use our current number through OpenPhone without having to have it ported over.

n/a

Celina from Sprout Therapy

Easy-to-use business phone for calling US clients!

Overall, it is simple, easy and with a user-friendly interface, in terms of reliability, there were days that the software would crash, but customer service is quick to attend to your concerns. It runs much faster/better on the phone than in the computer (requires more bandwidth).

Pros

I can see if my colleagues are on a call, there is an option for recording calls which is essential for call reviews, transferring calls is possible as well.Text messaging runs smoothly, although if using the desktop version, it doesn't include much emojis. Voicemail also transcribes to a text with the recorded voicemail which is great!

Cons

My colleagues and I tried to set up the caller id feature, which is an impressive feature, since we do a lot of inbound calls to families but after setting it up, databases can't pick up our caller id still, and some clients do not answer our phone calls because of it. Have also been notified by some clients that sound quality is bad at times, but this can be due to varied factors.

Sean from ThinkFX Performance Group

Great flexible affordable option

Pros

We were using another company that was considerably more expensive, hard to contact and the product had complicated features. Openphone was the exact opposite.

Cons

We have had no negative experience using openphone.

Paul from Nova Insights Inc

Industry: Market Research

Great product providing a professional and efficient presence

OpenPhone allows me to have one phone number that follows me where I am with no fuss that remains as my 'office' number, even if answered from my personal mobile.

Pros

OpenPhone allows me to stay in contact with clients and vendors no matter where I am, without having to give out my personal mobile number. This gives me the flexibility to not be tied to my desk. It also allows me to distinguish between personal and work calls. The apps have even more features (at no extra cost) than my traditional phone provider offers.

Cons

There are some features that come to ios first. I primarily use Android.

Reasons for Switching to OpenPhone

Axsit had fallen far behind on technology, usability, and features.

Jeremy from Savvy

Perfect phone solution for small businesses

Pros

OpenPhone takes away all the complications and hurdles in getting a phone solution for a small business. I figured it shouldn't be too difficult to get a US business phone number and start messaging/calling clients but none of the options on the market made that possible, never mind affordable. Fortunately I discovered OpenPhone and the process was very simple to get started!

Cons

I'm looking forward to the Android app being as stable as the iPhone app, but it's still very usable :)

Ty from Simple Man Handyman, LLC

Great Product!

OpenPhone is simple, affordable, and well organized. Customer service is great. I like how texts and phone calls are in one place. And I like being able to have an app on my phone for business, so that I can separate business calls/texts from personal calls/texts.

Pros

I love how simple, affordable, and well organized it is. OpenPhone has really helped my business.

Cons

The only issue I ever have is if I'm in an area with bad internet service and I can't make calls/texts/etc. But, that is not really an issue with OpenPhone, more with my actual service provider.

Sandy from Rowland Concrete Services Ltd.

Save Money and Private and Professional

Amazing customer service. So patient and helpful. Although I am fairly tech savvy, I am 50 plus, so maybe slower than 20 somethings, but the staff at OpenPhone were so amazing.

Pros

I was able to transfer our landline number to be my Open Phone number.

Cons

Nothing, it is fantastic and I have recommended it to many other small business.

Reasons for Choosing OpenPhone

My Son knew of this startup and suggested it. So happy.

Reasons for Switching to OpenPhone

Cost and the convenience of being able to answer customers questions in real time.

Mark from Straightup Resales

Excellent Customer Service This Past Year - Answer all questions

Allows customers to call from around the world

Pros

This software is quite configurable and the company is very willing to consider requests for changes. From a simple start that I read about on "FlipBoard" to a more advanced package, they have grown well and with grace.

Cons

Initially, it was limited, but that quickly changed. Need to change the ringer to something I will actually *hear* when on the road.

Reasons for Choosing OpenPhone

A very favorable review led me to try it, company [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very responsive to questions and difficulties I had understanding and setting it up.

Ben from Thisten

Easiest way to have a number just for business!

I'm a big fan of the product!

Pros

I've been using OpenPhone for almost a year, and it was a great product when I started using it and continues to get better every month. The team ships new features consistently and is always quick to respond with customer support when I have questions. The team is really good about talking with their users to get insight about what is working, and what could be improved with the product. They are open to feedback and take it into account when building out new iterations of the product. OP is the easiest way to have a separate a business number from my personal number, and I love having a different area code for my OP number, compared to my personal number!

Cons

There isn't anything that needs improving on the product, given the way I use it.

A fantastic solution.

Pros

Being able to use it from any computer to text clients. Having its own address book is huge.

Cons

It’s always worked great for me, messaging and call quality. I have nothing bad to say.

Colin from Straightup Resales

Great from the start! Fantastic Customer Support!

We use a toll free number in our advertising, and a local number as well. This keeps our private cell numbers, well, private.

Pros

Ease of use - clarity of calls (dependant on internet connection, but when using data on our mobile phone, works great) A wide, wide range of phone numbers available.

Cons

A bit mysterious to setup at first, not unlike other software.

Alisha from EightySeven Web

Best Business Phone Solution for Freelancers and Small Agencies

OpenPhone allows me to use my personal cell phone, but have a secondary phone number just for business. It allows me to set up business hours, so I am not receiving calls at all hours of the day and night.

Pros

Very easy to set up and use. OpenPhone cost is similar to competitors, except that you get way more features, and the dashboard is much better.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about OpenPhone at this time. I have not needed to use customer support yet, so that is an area I can't speak on.

Reasons for Choosing OpenPhone

Same price, but more features, including the ability to record calls and set business hours.

Daniel from Matrix Meridian Corporation

Great service, excellent sound quality, easy to use

Pros

The support is amazing! There is no doubt that this is one of the best services of its kind. The sound quality is great and the iOS app is easy to use. No complaints with the service at all.

Cons

There really aren’t any cons to the service. They keep adding new features to the system that are useful and easy to use.

Joao from Kovi

Amazing software for voip calls

Pros

OpenPhone helps me to get a us phone number and talk to partners and investors everywhere

Cons

They still don’t support receive sms from some us banks

Yuri from AXDRAFT

Best solution to for business calls. Amazing for internationals doing business in US

Great.

Pros

Easy to use, same as your ordinary phone. I have my US and national number on the same phone and makes it super convenient to work with US customers while I am outside of US.

Cons

Nothing big really. Sometimes I don’t hear the call and find it later in missed calls, but it can be just me.

Cristina from Listle

Industry: Online Media

A very reliable software

Saved us lots of money, particularly when spending hours on the phone calling airlines trying to get refunds & similar situations.

Pros

As an international founder, finding something like this is super useful. Super easy to use.

Cons

Probably not being able to call international numbers.

Anton from PAPATON Studio

Industry: Animation

Super easy, fast, and cheap phone service with a beauty app!

Pros

Greate connection, lovely and easy to use an app with lots of features, fast onboarding. I'm not sure that you need something extra from phone service, but OpenPhone has it already! Thank you for the excellent service! 1000 stars to you guys :)

Cons

I didn't find any cons while using this service. Maybe later, I'll update my comment. But now everything is fine.

Lucia from Osmind

Industry: Mental Health Care

Phone service perfect for startup needs

Excellent customer service, fair pricing

Pros

Easy to use interface on both web and mobile app. Awesome to text and call all in one

Cons

Have priority order of who should answer phone based on contact. E.g. for a given contact ring one user's phone first and if they don't pick up then route to next in line

Guru from Shakthi LLC

Easy and Intuitive UI & Support

Really good and ideal for startups

Pros

Easy to use from mobile phone and web browser. Recording audio messages automatically is super convinient.

Cons

No integrations with CRM or any other software. I would like to export the recordings and add as a note to my CRM.

Ronen from Trailze Ltd

Great solution - I'm a happy customer

Great product. Love it.

Pros

Very easy and intuitive to use. Works well. Has various features, offers individual and team solutions. For me, it works as a virtual US number and does it really well. Friendly and fast customer support.

Cons

Would love to see the design similar to Apple.

Razaq from Cowrywise

Industry: Investment Management

Exceptional phone number solution for a non-US resident businesses

Pros

The ease of set up and synchronisation with all my existing contacts.

Cons

Nothing specifically. My needs are quite simple. As a non-resident company, our objective is to have US line we can use for our corporate documentations. Openphone helps us get this done esily.

Fletcher from Halp

OpenPhone is great!

Pros

Super easy to set up and made it simple for our startup to add a phone number for the various random places that we need a phone number :)

Cons

Wish I had a need to use it more! We just don't get that many calls.