Sideline Software Reviews

Sideline Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

• icon"I had to deal with tech support and they were fantastic."
  • icon"I was willing to try this application because of the low cost and decent number of features. I like that I can have a separate number for business calls only."
  • icon"It gives you the ability to have an extra phone number to use while collections. It has all the capabilities as any other phone number, text mssgs, voice mssgs."
  • icon"Customers complain they can not leave voicemail consistently. Missed calls with voicemail of call arriving much later."
  • icon"ADS in the form of a message, on my alerts it shows as if I missed a call or have a text message from prospective client."
  • icon"It can be highly misused/abused by others who continuously create new phone numbers to harass others that have blocked them."

All Sideline Reviews

Ross

March 2022

Great service to ditch the landline

Scott

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Second number heaven

Overall, it is a reliable way to add a second line to your cell phone that you can easily use for business purposes. This is especially true if you only need one.

Pros

I like Sideline because it was easy to set up. Most importantly, I don't miss calls that come inbound and it has good texting features. Also they just added a new feature that allows users to send and receive texts from their desktop/laptop. A nice time saver for longer messages.

Cons

Wish the price was a little bit cheaper per month, maybe by like $3-5.

Response from Sideline

Thank you so much for sharing!

Ross

Great service to ditch the landline

Great product that does exactly what it says it will. I also love the voice to text options, the ability to text from it. The ability to set multiple away messages and switch them easily is also quite useful.

Pros

I was able to stop using a landline and add it to my cell phone. I have my office phone with me at all times now and can manage when it is answered and set to away etc. Along with being 1/8th the price of the landline I can also text directly with people instead of using my personal number or a service.

Cons

There really haven't been any con's to the software. I think I have had a total of 3 calls that were of unacceptable quality in more than 3 years of use, and I cannot even guarantee that the poor quality of the call was because of sideline.

Reasons for choosing Sideline

Sideline just seemed like a better deal for my particular needs.

Reasons for switching to Sideline

I was able to save quite a bit and gain a ton of features by switching to the mobile option versus landline.

Response from Sideline

Hey Ross, Thank you for leaving such a detailed recounting of your experience using Sidelinewe truly appreciate the feedback and are very happy to hear how well everything has worked for you!

Replied August 2021

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

July 2022

Loss of Service unresolvef

Pros

When it works it's ok. But there are ongoing glitches about every 6 months. See below!

Cons

I have had sideline for 3 to 4 years. In the past there were some minor glitches but they were fixed pretty quick.. But right now, there is a major problem - Sideline signed me out of my app. I didn't know it, I received no notice of it. I've now missed 7 business phone calls over the past 5 days. I've also worked with Sideline for 5 days to try to resolve this issue. They seem unable to find a way for me to log in to my account. They keep telling me it's resolved&to dign in. But on my phone it is not resolved . It is a friggin mess right now and I am getting more upset by the day. If Sideline can't fix a Sideline issue than what good are they

Angela

Great tool for collectors

It provides another option to reach those customers that already have your phone number blocked. Get more ways of communicating with difficult customers. Less expensive than a regular cellphone line.

Pros

Cons

The increased the cost of the subscription. Other than that the product is great and offers great features for the price.

Reasons for choosing Sideline

When we used Skype and made calls our number showed "as private" so many of our customers did not answer the calls. Definitely not what we were looking for.

Response from Sideline

Thanks for sharing your feedback, Angela. We appreciate your honest review. Feel free to reach out if you ever need help with the app!

Arin

Industry: Mental Health Care

February 2022

If things go wrong, they go very wrong

My business number is with sideline so we need to stay, but the issues with the app and customer service make it an awful experience

Pros

Once you have everything set up, the app pilots itself. It's pretty easy to use

Cons

Customer service is awful. There is no one to talk to personally, ever. If something goes wrong, it will stay wrong, for hours or days while they take their time to respond to your email for help. If you need to make a change in the app, it will not auto install. You will have to delete the app and log back in. No, I'm not joking. For every change. It's literally archaic. Good luck.

Braden

An OK Cheap Start

I use Sideline as the main number for my business since we are fairly new and it makes more sense to use than purchase a second phone. I had my number go down for about 4 days though, which was terrible and more than irritated my customers. I also cannot say how much it cost us in potential clients. Their customer service took 4 days to get back to us. Even though they offer phone numbers they don't have one themselves and only work through an email. Call quality is pretty good, but you need to be right next to your phone because Sideline won't let the calls ring for very long. Overall it has worked pretty well for us and we haven't had a need to switch from it yet.

Pros

Free. Works pretty well. Call quality same as any phone. Offers texting and calls.

Cons

Must use regularly to maintain number. Terrible customer service. Had a few calls that were dropped or not properly connected. Numbers are HIGHLY prone to spam calls.

Pamela

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Convenient

Pros

Sideline works as a separate line on my phone. I use it as my business mobile number.

Cons

The name doesn't appear 99% of the time (only the number), even though the caller is listed in my contacts. Calls are not always clear. Doesn't have as many features as other competitors and less than TextFree, the free service offered through Pinger (Sideline's parent company). I have always paid for the service. Customer service is not the greatest.

Angelina

A needed service but room for improved features

Pros

Sideline allows me to separate business from personal calls. I can have automatic out of office and other messages sent when clients call or text. I do not have to increase my phone data package to utilize the app but do need to be within wifi or data to accept and send calls or text.

Cons

The app does not always keep contacts saved names. So I will receive phone calls from regular clients but all I see is their number which I do not memorize. This is a glitch that does get annoying. Luckily, all contact info is stored on my phone directory. Sometimes, texts messages do not go through but I do not receive an error message.

Nikolay

Great product

Pros

Very easy to set up and use. Serves perfectly for my needs.

Cons

Not sure about the cons. It's only hard to manage its payments through the iTunes on iPhone.

Response from Sideline

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Nikolay!

Samantha

Great for side business

Considering this product is free, it has great features. I use it to run my part-time business, that doesn't warrant another line.

Pros

Cheap and easy to use.

Cons

Calls and texts don't always come/go through. Slightly unreliable.

Nick

Works Perfectly - Increased Our Business By 60%

Best addition to our client/customer communications for 9 buck a month we ever made.

Pros

We use Sideline to make sure EVERY incoming call receive an "Immediate Text Message Response". Sideline knows if it was a mobile phone calling in. This is so important in the "Service Industry". People call our main Ooma VOIP online posted tele numbers (we have eight)... the Ooma numbers forward to our head technician.... If the head technician cannot take the call, or is on another line, then the incoming caller receives an AUTO TEXT MESSAGE the minute they hand up. Very Very Cool. The text message has a tele-phone number fo an Alternate Tech, a link to our web site, and a message thanking them for calling.

Cons

NONE !!! NONE WHAT-SO-EVER The people leaving negative reviews are (in our opinion) not very bright. The Last thing you want some inquiry calling you to do Is: "Google" something they are looking for (find you), make the call and then not get you for whatever reason. Why not put a friggin' text message (with alternate tapeable tel number), a message with links, and image in their face the minute they hang up. Way better than losing the customer to another Google search. Think Different ! We don't lose customers anymore. YEA Sideline.

ADS

the messages that get from SIDELINE are confusing me with perceived missed calls and or messages from prospective clients. I would like an option to be able to receive communication in another format, perhaps email or op out. I will be searching for an alternative if this issue cannot or will not be addressed or resolved. Thank you for allowing me to vent.

Pros

It's an alternative to having a second cell phone. Customers recognize the area code as somewhat local.

Cons

ADS in the form of a message, on my alerts it shows as if I missed a call or have a text message from prospective client. I understand that Sideline is constantly working for us users to find better ways to use the app, but I rather receive these BETA request and news and information in the form of a email.

Response from Sideline

Thank you so much for providing this feedback! If you're interested in hiding all promotional materials in the future, simply go to Settings>Content Preferences>Content Notifications and click the button so that it is no longer green. This will hide all future product tips, updates, promotions, etc. I'm sorry for the confusion! Please feel free to reach out to support@sideline.com if you need any additional help.

Brad

Coaching Staff Support

Pros

It allows our coaching staff to have a single contact # that they can call or more importantly text. This will reach our entire department at once and we are able to support

Cons

None for our needs. We may have a simple use of the product but it works exactly to what we need

Response from Sideline

Thanks for taking the time to share how you and your team use Sideline, Brad! We're so happy to hear it's working exactly the way you need it.

Replied July 2021

Shannon

Sideline

I like that I can add a business line to my phone and have a few members of my work also have it on their phone, to monitor and make sure things are getting answered.

Pros

I like that when you receive a sideline phone call it pops up like a phone call but it indicates that it is from your sideline line. It helps add an extra line and you can be longed into this on multiple devices. Great for adding a business line.

Cons

It is harder to navigate. Finding where you are to send out a message if you want to text seems not as easy as it should be.

Response from Sideline

Hey Sharon, We appreciate your feedback! If you have any questions about navigating the app or using any of the features, please contact us at support@sideline.com. Thanks again!

Jeneshia

Sideline is my Business Line!

My overall experience with Sideline has been great for me and my business success.

Pros

What I like most about Sideline is the ability to have an alternate phone number right on my current mobile device that I use strictly for my business.

Cons

In using Sideline for 2 plus years the only issue or what I like least about it is that it doesn't populate the contact number to distinguish who always calling but I still love it.

Response from Sideline

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us, Jeneshia!

Michelle