SIP.US Software Reviews

SIP.US Software Reviews

Find out more:

FrontRunners 2021

Find out more:

• icon"Ease of integration with the PBX (we use Asterisk). Clear user guide and documentation."
  • icon"But working great and has been for a long time. I have set up a few customers with sip.us for cost savings."
  • icon"Truly caring and there for you in a second. We have had good experiences with all of their tech support workers."
  • icon"When we had an 800 number, we had to pre-pay blocks of dollars for those calls. It was awkward from an accounting standpoint."
  • icon"This mostly means I have to keep within specific lines of phones and forced to manually deploy each new phone."
  • icon"Only issue is with web portal, the size format is wrong you have to do a lot of mousing to get to submit buttons but that's it."

All SIP.US Reviews

Great for trunks and hosted Asterisk

It provides an automated IVR service for our clients, and routes inbound calls to our operators.

Pros

We have had a hosted asterisk service with SIP.US for almost 8 years and we liked that we have been able to add custom code to our service to be able to better meet our needs

Cons

There hasn't been anything that I would describe as a con.

Kimani

Mostly good, some missing features

Overall we are very happy with the SIP.us solution. We have contractors all over the world, so having the ability to call people all over

Pros

- Ease of integration with the PBX (we use Asterisk) - Clear user guide and documentation

Cons

- Mostly good for calls made to North American and western-European numbers. Not so good for international calls, especially to some countries - India, Russia and some Eastern-European countries (Romania, Bulgaria, Armenia come to mind). Some providers in these countries seem to detect that our calls are Voip calls and block them. And we have raised this issue with SIP.us, but received no feedback. This means we have to spend more money making phone calls via Skype. And Skype calls are expensive but always go thru, unlike calls made via Sip.us trunk lines. Now, I understand you may say it is not your fault that telcos are blocking calls made thru SIP. But from my PoV as a customer, what I see is simply that Skype-made calls work where SIP-made calls are failing to go through. So what is Skype doing that SIP cannot?

Reasons for choosing SIP.US

We have not exclusively chosen SIP over SKype. Rather, Skype complements the one area where SIP still fails us - making calls that are blocked because some telcos detect them as Voip calls.

Charles

Your experience may vary

I inherited the phone system from the original individual whom had passed away prior to my being hired. Though the user experience has changed with an overhaul over the main site itself, there are still many things that are a pain to do. The bills are also very vague & fixing charges has been a massive pain. Items will have generic listings and refer to something you wouldn't have even thought of. I've tried since January to get credited for an item I was told was 1 thing but turns out it was something we no longer had and while it was removed, the credit was never applied. Weeks can go by without a response to a query or action is taken without a response back. Part of these issues could very well be that I am not the primary on account, but I am the one that handles it. Improving the communication could possibly do wonders for the business as a whole.

Pros

You can login via root and make changes to system via command line. This can be a big plus if you're wanting to make custom edits or security changes to the system to meet your companies' needs.

Cons

The servers were not kept up to date by provider as I was told they would be, so our software has fallen too far behind the current available branches to update. This mostly means I have to keep within specific lines of phones and forced to manually deploy each new phone. This also means that I don't have access to command line tools I would normally have to trouble shoot connection issues the OS is way out of date as well and can't be updated without a massive headache which I haven't found to be worth the effort.

Fantastic SIP Provider With Excellent Technical Support

We use SIP.US as the phone provider for our office's 40-extension phone system. We currently have toll-free and local numbers (DIDs) with them as well as some fax numbers.

Pros

- Completely self-service website. - Fantastic technical support that responds within minutes, usually. - Automated number port-in process. - Huge inventory of DIDs across the country. - SMS service is available on most DIDs.

Cons

- Website is a little outdated. - Pricing is just fair, not great.

Reasons for choosing SIP.US

Friendliness of support agents and instant account activation.

Jason

SIP.US VOIP Service Review

Pros

This service was very easy to setup and has been rock solid. There was a complete guide on how to setup our Grandstream UCM PBX with SIP.US and SIP.US also provided a phone number with the service. They have redundancy options and the quality of the phone calls are just fantastic.

Cons

The toll-free cost per minute could be cheaper but really that's a minor issue... the overall experience has been excellent.

Reasons for choosing SIP.US

We use both - but our main product is SIP.US - the reason being is that it has been very stable and dependable.

Reasons for switching to SIP.US

The price points were much better with VOIP, we finally got CallerID, and we have more control over fail-over and other options.

Grant

SIP.US for Backup Phones

We use SIP.US to handle our calls and send them to voicemail when our main line is down. They have worked great for that purpose, and thankfully we don't have to rely too heavily on their service.

Pros

SIP.US works great for our backup phones. We use it irregularly, which means our main phone system is working, so that's good. The UX seems to have gotten a face lift recently, so I have been exploring it a bit to see if there are new features.

Cons

The UX can be convoluted at times. Sometimes a person we had on backup phones ages ago will still get a call, and I have found it difficult to get him removed.

Reasons for choosing SIP.US

SIP.US offered us the best flexibility, and the option to pay for what we use. Most other options would have a base cost that exceeded what we wanted to pay.

Pablo

Easy and Expensive

So far so good

Pros

Easy to use, well explained, website is clear, simple and organized.

Cons

Expensive, I don't have the ability to create sub-account for each of my clients under my name.

Reasons for choosing SIP.US

Twilio has so many services and I was confused at the beginning, Sip.us was simple and clear to understand for a beginner

Robert

SIP.US as SIP Trunk Provider

Using SIP.US, I was able to lower my monthly phone costs by 10s of thousands of dollars per month.

Pros

I had poor results transitioning from POTS/ISDN to SIP with another provider. SIP.US made the port much simpler and handled the interaction with an uncooperative telco. The website management capability is outstanding. Updating e911 data as people move locations is as simple as entering the info and clicking SAVE. The support portal is easy to use and very responsive. Detailed billing is easy to view.

Cons

The one are that could be improved is notifications when you exceed trunk capacity. Rather than a notice that you exceeded it at some time in the past month, I'd like something closer to real-time notification with time/date to allow me to better adjust my trunk requirements.

Reasons for switching to SIP.US

They were unable/unwilling to follow through on the initial port. Support was unhelpful, leaving me to attempt to broker between two companies - neither of whom would work with me.

Milton

Good value, direct customer control SIP routing service company

Lowering the cost of all phone services.

Pros

Customer direct control of call routing.

Cons

Problems with compatibility and support connecting with some IPPX routing systems, such as Ward Mudy's IncrediblePBX software on a computing platform of the customer's choice for maximum cost efficiency and features/capabilty support.

Reasons for choosing SIP.US

The straight forward customer control interface combined with direct support, by email, by the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] answers were commonly a bit over-my-head, experience level, they were always helpful, helped my solve connection problems (usually rapidly) and offered a winning customer experience.None of the other SIP.US support reps have ever been quite as helpful as [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] routinely was.

Reasons for switching to SIP.US

Cost first! Flexibility to control calls second

Aaron

Great SIP Trunk Provider

It's been a great experience overall with nothing really to care about. The service has been rock solid. Even during the DDOS attack that occurred earlier in 2022.

Pros

The ease of setup was fantastic and the documentation that they make for different PBX system makes setup a breeze.

Cons

The customer portal feels a little disorganized to me. I've had to poke around the menus for a couple of minutes trying to find something. Once I submitted a support request to find an option in the website.

TJ

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Good service, great provider, tad pricey though

Overall experience has been good. The major thing I wish they had is a 24/7 phone number that I could pick up the phone and call for tech support. When we do cutovers and new projects it's usually done after hours or on a weekend to avoid cutting into business hours, so having support 24/7 would be hugely important to tech people like me.

Pros

Service is outstanding, don't have to deal much with dropped calls or latency issues. The web interface is intuitive and easy to use, and most importantly the support is pretty good (email/ticket only though, really wish they offered more support over phone)

Cons

I don't think they have phone support that you can call in normal, if they do please let me know and I'll modify this review. Only other drawback is cost is a tad higher than some others out there. But SIP.US is pretty easy and reliable.

Reasons for choosing SIP.US

Because I've used before and they are easy to manage/work with. And because quality of call service has been good so far. A lot of cheap providers route calls far away (sometimes overseas) and that causes high latency and more dropped calls.

Reasons for switching to SIP.US

Because CBeyond is a horrible company that manipulates and takes advantage of customers by means of tricky contracts and practices that are illegal in a lot of states (like auto-renewing your contract for 12 months at a time if you don't cancel within 21 days and in writing).

Robert

SIP.US saved the day and changed how I look at phone service forever.

When I happened across SIP.US in a google search on the weekend when our physical phone system crashed and we had to build a virtual one quickly and get it up and running before Monday, I had never used SIP trunks before. I had not used them because I was unsure of the technology and worried about call quality, the phone company always wanted to bring in a separate circuit to run SIP trunks (more bureaucracy and red tape). SIP.US was fast and easy to get going and JUST WORKS! We enjoy great call quality with SIP.US and have the flexibility to add and remove phone numbers and trunks at will. We can respond to market conditions instantly scaling up or down at will. I wish I would not have waited so long to give this service a try it really does change the way that we think about voice service. I suggest using the free trial and just giving it a shot, once you sign in and see the portal and all that you can do INSTANTLY you will be hooked.

Pros

SIP.US is very quick and easy to set up and use. I set it up at around 10pm on a weekend when our phone system had died and we had to recreate a virtual one that could not connect to our existing PRI. Without talking to anyone I had a SIP trunk up and taking calls in less than half an hour without having any previous SIP trunk experience. The next day (on a weekend!) I received a call from the executives at SIP.US to make sure I had everything that I needed. The support team proceeded to help us get all of our numbers ported as quickly as possible (you can do this from the web portal but they were just being nice.) Once I understood the ease of use (no calling and waiting for the phone company to wait through their bureaucracy), reliability and clarity of using SIP trunks through SIP.US I could no longer imagine relying on a traditional phone company for phone service. SIP.US is a game changer, we have never looked back. SIP.US is how phone service should be.

Cons

I have not found anything to dislike. SIP.US does what it says it is going to do and keeps on doing it. Full control of my phone service from a web browser, what's not to like?

Victor

SIP.us service

SIP.us allowed me to be operational on multiple platforms. Integration is simple, number selection is good, and implementation is fast. I had a client that needed to LNP 100 DID's and get services up quickly...SIP.us team had me up and working within 2 hours. The numbers were ported very quickly with no issues.

Pros

It's easy to use and it gets the job done. I've been using the service for over 4 years and it's been fantastic. I use it with X-Lite, Cisco CME, Kerio, Cisco phones converted to SIP, GrandStream, etc. The documentation around setup is easy to follow. I'm a consultant and i travel all over and i'm able to connect where ever i go.

Cons

I've had a few issues with address validation when setting up billing...but i made a phone call and support resolved it over the phone. I haven't had any issues with service.

Thomas

Excellent & easy to use service.

Have been connected to SIP.US for many years. They've updated the web site to make it even friendlier and self-service is a snap. The only issues I've run into were local to my network & ISP but the support team was able to provide enough clues as to likely cause that I was able to get things up and running.

Pros

I have a home lab with a couple of Asterisk servers. Provisioning trunks & numbers is a breeze. I do contract work for businesses in London & Auckland and setting up a local DID is super helpful. Since my usage is quite variable I really appreciate the prepaid pay for what you use plans.

Cons

Haven'r run into any snags. I would appreciate SMS options for significantly less cost (although I haven't looked into this in a while).

Kyle

Set it up and forget it

Pros

Sip.us easily integrates with our Asterisk PBX. Their customer portal is simple and straight forward to use. We have been using them for years and their uptime has been excellent.

Cons

When we had an 800 number, we had to pre-pay blocks of dollars for those calls. It was awkward from an accounting standpoint. We don't have the toll free number anymore so that is no longer an issue.

Reasons for switching to SIP.US

Clarity only supported Asterisk as a side business and it was difficult to work with them. Sip.us had competitive pricing and they offered complete support for Asterisk.

Jim

SIP.us is a great vendor partner

SIP.US gave us the ability to provide VOIP managed services without needing the expensive and complex trunking issues. I have always been confident in transferring the phone numbers to sip.us.

Pros

The timely support when I was having issues with my software or my clients software interfacing with sip.us was invaluable. They contacted me directly when there was an administrative (billing issue), which was appreciated. I also like the flexible services and ability to setup trunk accounts.

Cons

I'd like to see some advances in encrypting the sip traffic and the ability for me to resell trunk accounts to my customers

Leo