• Pros

• "Easy to use and navigate. Call logging is excellent "

• "Great end user platform, setup is easy for FreePBX with little or no problems. Fax works out of the box as well."

• "Easy to use, very friendly staff if I ever need help with anything "

• Cons

• "I really don't have cons with this service, I can say sometimes the connection is poor so the calls are poor but is not their fault."

• "Glitches with PBX system are the only bad thing. Although, they do not happen very frequently. Other than that, none. "

• "-International rates tend to be on the high side "

Browse SIP.US Reviews

Paul from Power Diary

Great for trunks and hosted Asterisk

It provides an automated IVR service for our clients, and routes inbound calls to our operators.

Pros

We have had a hosted asterisk service with SIP.US for almost 8 years and we liked that we have been able to add custom code to our service to be able to better meet our needs

Cons

There hasn't been anything that I would describe as a con.

Kimani from Aurea

Mostly good, some missing features

Overall we are very happy with the SIP.us solution. We have contractors all over the world, so having the ability to call people all over

Pros

- Ease of integration with the PBX (we use Asterisk) - Clear user guide and documentation

Cons

- Mostly good for calls made to North American and western-European numbers. Not so good for international calls, especially to some countries - India, Russia and some Eastern-European countries (Romania, Bulgaria, Armenia come to mind). Some providers in these countries seem to detect that our calls are Voip calls and block them. And we have raised this issue with SIP.us, but received no feedback. This means we have to spend more money making phone calls via Skype. And Skype calls are expensive but always go thru, unlike calls made via Sip.us trunk lines. Now, I understand you may say it is not your fault that telcos are blocking calls made thru SIP. But from my PoV as a customer, what I see is simply that Skype-made calls work where SIP-made calls are failing to go through. So what is Skype doing that SIP cannot?

Reasons for Choosing SIP.US

We have not exclusively chosen SIP over SKype. Rather, Skype complements the one area where SIP still fails us - making calls that are blocked because some telcos detect them as Voip calls.

TJ from Pollard Spares

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Good service, great provider, tad pricey though

Overall experience has been good. The major thing I wish they had is a 24/7 phone number that I could pick up the phone and call for tech support. When we do cutovers and new projects it's usually done after hours or on a weekend to avoid cutting into business hours, so having support 24/7 would be hugely important to tech people like me.

Pros

Service is outstanding, don't have to deal much with dropped calls or latency issues. The web interface is intuitive and easy to use, and most importantly the support is pretty good (email/ticket only though, really wish they offered more support over phone)

Cons

I don't think they have phone support that you can call in normal, if they do please let me know and I'll modify this review. Only other drawback is cost is a tad higher than some others out there. But SIP.US is pretty easy and reliable.

Reasons for Choosing SIP.US

Because I've used before and they are easy to manage/work with. And because quality of call service has been good so far. A lot of cheap providers route calls far away (sometimes overseas) and that causes high latency and more dropped calls.

Charles from Benchly, llc

Your experience may vary

I inherited the phone system from the original individual whom had passed away prior to my being hired. Though the user experience has changed with an overhaul over the main site itself, there are still many things that are a pain to do. The bills are also very vague & fixing charges has been a massive pain. Items will have generic listings and refer to something you wouldn't have even thought of. I've tried since January to get credited for an item I was told was 1 thing but turns out it was something we no longer had and while it was removed, the credit was never applied. Weeks can go by without a response to a query or action is taken without a response back. Part of these issues could very well be that I am not the primary on account, but I am the one that handles it. Improving the communication could possibly do wonders for the business as a whole.

Pros

You can login via root and make changes to system via command line. This can be a big plus if you're wanting to make custom edits or security changes to the system to meet your companies' needs.

Cons

The servers were not kept up to date by provider as I was told they would be, so our software has fallen too far behind the current available branches to update. This mostly means I have to keep within specific lines of phones and forced to manually deploy each new phone. This also means that I don't have access to command line tools I would normally have to trouble shoot connection issues the OS is way out of date as well and can't be updated without a massive headache which I haven't found to be worth the effort.

David from SIPTRUNK.com

Fantastic SIP Provider With Excellent Technical Support

We use SIP.US as the phone provider for our office's 40-extension phone system. We currently have toll-free and local numbers (DIDs) with them as well as some fax numbers.

Pros

- Completely self-service website. - Fantastic technical support that responds within minutes, usually. - Automated number port-in process. - Huge inventory of DIDs across the country. - SMS service is available on most DIDs.

Cons

- Website is a little outdated. - Pricing is just fair, not great.

Reasons for Choosing SIP.US

Friendliness of support agents and instant account activation.

Grant from BlenderBottle

SIP.US for Backup Phones

We use SIP.US to handle our calls and send them to voicemail when our main line is down. They have worked great for that purpose, and thankfully we don't have to rely too heavily on their service.

Pros

SIP.US works great for our backup phones. We use it irregularly, which means our main phone system is working, so that's good. The UX seems to have gotten a face lift recently, so I have been exploring it a bit to see if there are new features.

Cons

The UX can be convoluted at times. Sometimes a person we had on backup phones ages ago will still get a call, and I have found it difficult to get him removed.

Reasons for Choosing SIP.US

SIP.US offered us the best flexibility, and the option to pay for what we use. Most other options would have a base cost that exceeded what we wanted to pay.

Victor from Adrenaline Consuting

SIP.us service

SIP.us allowed me to be operational on multiple platforms. Integration is simple, number selection is good, and implementation is fast. I had a client that needed to LNP 100 DID's and get services up quickly...SIP.us team had me up and working within 2 hours. The numbers were ported very quickly with no issues.

Pros

It's easy to use and it gets the job done. I've been using the service for over 4 years and it's been fantastic. I use it with X-Lite, Cisco CME, Kerio, Cisco phones converted to SIP, GrandStream, etc. The documentation around setup is easy to follow. I'm a consultant and i travel all over and i'm able to connect where ever i go.

Cons

I've had a few issues with address validation when setting up billing...but i made a phone call and support resolved it over the phone. I haven't had any issues with service.

Thomas from Independent Systems Consultant

Excellent & easy to use service.

Have been connected to SIP.US for many years. They've updated the web site to make it even friendlier and self-service is a snap. The only issues I've run into were local to my network & ISP but the support team was able to provide enough clues as to likely cause that I was able to get things up and running.

Pros

I have a home lab with a couple of Asterisk servers. Provisioning trunks & numbers is a breeze. I do contract work for businesses in London & Auckland and setting up a local DID is super helpful. Since my usage is quite variable I really appreciate the prepaid pay for what you use plans.

Cons

Haven'r run into any snags. I would appreciate SMS options for significantly less cost (although I haven't looked into this in a while).

Jim from McDonagh Brothers

SIP.us is a great vendor partner

SIP.US gave us the ability to provide VOIP managed services without needing the expensive and complex trunking issues. I have always been confident in transferring the phone numbers to sip.us.

Pros

The timely support when I was having issues with my software or my clients software interfacing with sip.us was invaluable. They contacted me directly when there was an administrative (billing issue), which was appreciated. I also like the flexible services and ability to setup trunk accounts.

Cons

I'd like to see some advances in encrypting the sip traffic and the ability for me to resell trunk accounts to my customers

Jesus from Synergy

Industry: Facilities Services

GOod Service

We have a very good experience with this service provider since the beginning 3 ago

Pros

Since we been using SIP.US we improve on the communications process in our company, getting faster access to call recordings and several extensions to develop more departments and start grow in a good direction.

Milton from Milton Alvis, MD

Good value, direct customer control SIP routing service company

Lowering the cost of all phone services.

Pros

Customer direct control of call routing.

Cons

Problems with compatibility and support connecting with some IPPX routing systems, such as Ward Mudy's IncrediblePBX software on a computing platform of the customer's choice for maximum cost efficiency and features/capabilty support.

Robert from McClelland and Hine, Inc.

SIP.US saved the day and changed how I look at phone service forever.

When I happened across SIP.US in a google search on the weekend when our physical phone system crashed and we had to build a virtual one quickly and get it up and running before Monday, I had never used SIP trunks before. I had not used them because I was unsure of the technology and worried about call quality, the phone company always wanted to bring in a separate circuit to run SIP trunks (more bureaucracy and red tape). SIP.US was fast and easy to get going and JUST WORKS! We enjoy great call quality with SIP.US and have the flexibility to add and remove phone numbers and trunks at will. We can respond to market conditions instantly scaling up or down at will. I wish I would not have waited so long to give this service a try it really does change the way that we think about voice service. I suggest using the free trial and just giving it a shot, once you sign in and see the portal and all that you can do INSTANTLY you will be hooked.

Pros

SIP.US is very quick and easy to set up and use. I set it up at around 10pm on a weekend when our phone system had died and we had to recreate a virtual one that could not connect to our existing PRI. Without talking to anyone I had a SIP trunk up and taking calls in less than half an hour without having any previous SIP trunk experience. The next day (on a weekend!) I received a call from the executives at SIP.US to make sure I had everything that I needed. The support team proceeded to help us get all of our numbers ported as quickly as possible (you can do this from the web portal but they were just being nice.) Once I understood the ease of use (no calling and waiting for the phone company to wait through their bureaucracy), reliability and clarity of using SIP trunks through SIP.US I could no longer imagine relying on a traditional phone company for phone service. SIP.US is a game changer, we have never looked back. SIP.US is how phone service should be.

Cons

I have not found anything to dislike. SIP.US does what it says it is going to do and keeps on doing it. Full control of my phone service from a web browser, what's not to like?

Kyle from Creative Connections, Inc.

Set it up and forget it

Pros

Sip.us easily integrates with our Asterisk PBX. Their customer portal is simple and straight forward to use. We have been using them for years and their uptime has been excellent.

Cons

When we had an 800 number, we had to pre-pay blocks of dollars for those calls. It was awkward from an accounting standpoint. We don't have the toll free number anymore so that is no longer an issue.

Leo from Mutual Broadcast

Industry: Broadcast Media

SIP US -

Obviously using them for seven years the overall experience is good. There is room for improvement, but management hasnt seemed interested in making improvements.

Pros

Fairly simple to implement. Over the past seven years I have used the service it has been very reliable.

Cons

Billing can be a bit confusing and customer service a bit difficult at times. This situation has improved over the years however. You have a mix of prepaid and billing which can cause confusion and extra steps. DID billing doesnt come out of prepaid funds like most services. It is billed seperatly and cannot be prepaid.

Mitchell from Chartright Air Group

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Amazing No-nonsense SIP Trunks

Pros

-Instant provisioning -Extremely simply setup -Intuitive, feature-rich user interface -Great, responsive customer support

Cons

-International rates tend to be on the high side

Steve from Accent

Tip of the Hat to SIP.US

After nearly 5 years the internal SIP.US team continues to be a thought leader when we need new solutions. It happens often that we present an idea and they say "we have been working on that" and they can show us examples of their progress. Priceless.

Pros

The portal for searching for available numbers is very easy to use. We have even integrated our Slack channel into the product so that Sales personnel can use it with the clients.

Cons

At this point there is nothing that comes to mind regarding "least liked".

Chad from Mountain View Fruit

Industry: Farming

SIP.US solid services

My justification for using SIP.us was simple: better pricing than anyone with similar features/ratings. My justification for using SIP.us when expanding to ALL voip: value and 2 years of uninterrupted service.

Pros

SIP.US provides rock-solid VoIP trunks. We used them for our first VoIP PBX deployment and have literally had zero problems with them. Their reliability to provide consistent service is imperative as we're a heavy voice user.

Cons

I have no complaints or negative experiences with SIP.us

Ron from RockSecurity.com

Industry: Security and Investigations

System Independent

We have a system that makes outbound calls via SIP. SIP.US gives us an independent communication separate from our corporate phone system.

Pros

The software provides real time reports. From time to time we receive complaints that a call didn't go through. We can pull a report and see if the went to the right phone number and if it was picked up.

Cons

Email notification with how many times all trunks are busy but it doesn't say when this happened.

Dr. Raymond from Advanced Wireless Technologies, Inc.

Excellent SIP Services Provider

We have utilized a number of providers and this provider is the most stable, responsive and reliable we have found.

Pros

SIP Services are very stablr. Redundant Facilities Minimum number of networl issues Excellent Connectivity Excellent and time efficient tech support Minimum number of configuration issues

Cons

We have found no problems or issues to report. Any issues we may have encountered were quickly resolved.

Steve from Nursery Supplies, Inc.

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Impressive uptime and call quality

My initial concerns were primarily regarding uptime and call quality and neither have been an issue in close to 2 years now. I've had to reach out to the support department on occasion and pleasantly surprised by their knowledgeable staff and responsiveness any time I've needed something.

Pros

The self-service aspect eliminates calling, quoting, back and forth emails.. just saves a ton of time when you know what you're trying to get done and have a limited timeline.

Cons

If alternative calling plans for lower entry costs were offered I'd definitely be using this in more locations.

Greg from Olengofer Studios

Best Implementation!

SIP.US was a great find. I wanted to set up my own SIP trunk, run my own PBX, use my own IP phones. I thought the hardest part was going to be the SIP trunk. With SIP.US, it was actually the easiest part of the system to set up. Not one glitch, no surprises, and it is the most economical choice I could hope for.

Pros

Easy to set up, easy to use, easy to manage!

Cons

I have zero complaints! SIP.US was very easy to work with.

Jon from Jonathan and Kaye

Happy User

I was referred to them and used them to set up my trunks for my phone system. It was easy to set up and I havent encountered any problems.

Pros

It was easy to set up and after a couple of years of using it, I have never had a problem with it not working.

Cons

Can't think of anything. It was easy to use and there were no problems with it, even a couple of years later

Matthew from Tech Now LLC

Great Service

They do what we pay for and have not even had to use their backup servers as the primary for has been rock solid.

Pros

SIP.US support team went above and beyond pre and post deployment to allow us to get our phone system up.

Cons

There was an increase in the price of the service a few years back but we really cant complain about going from $.01 to $.012 per min.

Nick from WWE

Easy Sip Trunks

Pros

It was easy to setup the SIP trunks using this system. The support team at SIP.US is outstanding they have guides and will assist you with setting up your gear. Also willing to work with you on custom solutions.

Cons

There is nothing I didnt like everyone has been very helpful.

Nate from Bell Springs Winery

Simple and Easy SIP Trunk

Pros

The setup is dead simple. Started a free trial in 30 seconds. Was connected in less than 5 minutes testing the service. I had a couple of questions and support was fast with responses.

Cons

I haven't had any issues with the service and it has been exactly what I had expected to get when I signed up.

Greg from Diamond Cellar Holdings

Highly recommended provider!

SIP.US was our choice for SIP trunking when we cut ties with a bundled managed service provider. The service level has been outstanding, availability being something we take for granted. Their customer service and support are refreshingly effective, which can be rare with traditional telecom.

Pros

Ease of use to convert our SIP services over to a new provider. The porting process was seamless, the customer service communication was effective, and the after cutover support has been stellar.

Cons

Nothing I can think of offhand. Perhaps additional reporting aside from just call records. For example a channel utilization report.

Fletcher from Spectrum Tech IT Solutions, Inc.

Good quality SIP provider for the money

SIP.us has been a great addition to our business and we look forward to a continued partnership.

Pros

Cons

I have not changes that I would make. The platform is great as is, but all R&D is welcome.

Nathan from Flex IT Solutions, LLC

Great Bring Your Own Bandwidth SIP Provider

I have used SIP.US for my own SIP Trunking, and for two of my business clients. The service is fast and easy to setup. When I have had a technical issue, SIP.US support is quick to respond.

Pros

Easy to use, add/remove call paths, DIDs, etc.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about SIP.US, the service has met/exceeded our needs.

Jeffrey from Public Safety

Sup .us review

Great

Pros

Easy to set up, I'm an avaya guy and simple to setup, had a few issues but the tech support guy was awsome. I feel the YouTube videos made were because of me and avaya issues. But working great and has been for a long time. I have set up a few customers with sip.us for cost savings

Cons

Only issue is with web portal, the size format is wrong you have to do a lot of mousing to get to submit buttons but that's it.

DALTON from Eleden.Net

Industry: Computer Networking

SIP.US Review

so far... can complaint at all.

Pros

the posibility of getting better prices, reliability, support.

Cons

so far so good, no complains so far, everything is good !

Erick from GeekBox IT, LLC

Flawless Service

Has been the best experience for the 5 years I have used the service. I had to contact support on two occasions when it was something that was my fault and they went above and beyond to assist me. A+

Pros

Easy to provision, implement, use and maintain.

Cons

Nothing negative to say about the service or support

Setup and forget and it just works

Easy setup with 3CX hosted in the cloud and provides a cost effective Cloud phone system

Pros

Once it is setup which is really easy and great guides on the website it just works and we've had no issues.

Cons

Nothing really. Everything just works and we've had no issues

stefan from Coldwell Banker

Easy SIP trunking

Overall SIP.us has been great. I continue to do business with them because of the quality of the service

Pros

Ease of use, and a user-friendly control panel

Cons

Price per channel is my only complaint. It can get pricey during my peak season when i turn up my channel count

Mark from Coeus Networks

Great Service Replacement

The Techsupport is one of the best Ive dealt with. Quick and very helpful. When issues arise, they almost always know the answers.

Pros

Easy setup and support. As a reseller, its a quick and easy sell due to the ease of operating it when in a bind.

Cons

Not much to add in here. I havent found another provider for the cost.

Benny from EZ Hospitality Management

Great Customer Service

Pros

The customer service dept is top notch. They are very knowledgeable and even when your phone vendor is giving you a hard time, they find a way to fix or create a workaround.

Cons

They price could be a bit more aggressive.

Greg from Legal Services

Great support

Great service great prices

Pros

The support team is pro and always delivered everything they promised. Service works well. Thanks for the many years of help and support.

Cons

It is difficult to learn asterisk and how to handle your own trunk.

Boris from The World of Pediatrics

VOIP WOP review

This system eliminated wired telephones and central station.

Pros

It has clear sound for phone calls. Options can be aded or replaced from the Intenet login without involving SIP personnel.

Cons

Why can't we use this system for faxes?

Fakhar from Track 2 Global Communications

SIP.US Review

I'm working on my call center project from home and everything is going fine except the call rejection because of Capacity limit ended....

Pros

The call quality and unlimited US (48) and Canada were the main things which pulled me towards SIP.US. Calls quality is the best, there's no interruption, distortion, breakout or noise in the background.

Cons

No, for my requirements everything is fine except when I see the message "Capacity limit reached.......". I think it should be enough everything on each channel and there should not be any limit for busy signals.

Gregory from pssolutions

Industry: Information Services

best value for SIP providers

We use SIP trunking from SIP.US for our three offices. it has reduced our cost over land lines by 75%

Pros

The ease of set up and the value for the money

Cons

selecting phone numbers. Wish they would let you know what area each exchange is for

Miles from SaiComm LLC

Using SIP.US since they were founded -- solid utility service

Have used them for years and have been happy with the quality of service, support, at a reasonable price.

Pros

They have reasonable pricing; good support; and easy to use service

Cons

They have very basic features for SIP Trunking

Pete from Atlas consulting services

Sip folks you can talk to

Very good. Tech support was always helpful even when it wasnt a sip.us issue.

Pros

You answer your phone for customers when they call

Cons

Nothing. They were supper helpful and always went out of the way to solve an issue.

Alex from Krown usa

Industry: Sporting Goods

Sip.us one of the best sip services I used

Cost-effective solution, never any major issue. Customer service is awesome.

Pros

Simple to use and reliable for any business.

Cons

Few Glitches from time to time but no major issue and we have been using this for 4 yesrs.

Adam from Riggins Inc

My review

Saved money and had a better experience

Pros

Easy to use, very friendly staff if I ever need help with anything

Cons

Nothing. Its a great software interface that saves us a ton of money. I have no cons.

Tim from Rowmark, LLC

Honest Salespeople Breed Happy Customers

If you have an opportunity to work with them, do so... He has made this an incredibly smooth experience, and the transition thus far has been flawless. The few times I've had a question, or needed assistance, the customer service people are on the ball, and respond with incredible speed, especially when compared to our previous SIP provider.

Pros

The best part so far, has been working with representatives. They are incredibly honest, friendly, and accommodating. The service is solid and of great quality, and I love being able to view and modify things like CNAM, E911, etc., right from the customer portal. Our previous SIP provider required that a ticket be opened with them, and then they would make the changes.

Cons

I haven't had any issues, thus far. My only wish would be to port things in even faster, to get off of our current SIP provider... but that's not due to any limitation with SIP.US.

Brett from Beachside Community Church

Simple and Easy

Pros

Sip.us sip truck was easy to set up with my freepbx system. Customer service is also excellent with any questions.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about sip.us.

Vince from The Support Group, Inc

Industry: Information Services

Simple and Reliable

Pros

Simple to setup Easy to Maintain Very Reliable Service Very Responsive Customer Support

Cons

They had server issues a year or so ago, but was solved quickly

Leo from Business Class Communications, LLC.

Industry: Computer Networking

SIP.US was a Godsend

Pros

Safe, secure and easy to set up and mould with our clients needs.

Cons

I have yet to experience any issues with SIP.US in the several years I've used it.

Kurian from Information Services

SIP

Pros

Ease of connectivity with FreePbx, etc. Top quality over VOIP.

Cons

Liked Everything!! Pretty much took an hour or two setup the trunk.

Tyler from Real Estate

Easy to setup and get going

Pros

Super easy to setup an account and purchase numbers. Ability to set CID and 911 information. Customer service is quick with responses.

Cons

International Calling is a little tricky.

Jeff from Harbor Freight Tools

overall good value

Pros

flexibility, almost everything can be done on the website.

Cons

no 24/7 support; no live telephone tech support