What are TeamViewer users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using TeamViewer software through verified user reviews

9,960 Reviews

6,566
2,743

• icon"Team Viewer is very easy to use and much reliable as compared to its competitors. Clipboard integration and team sharing is pretty much seamless."
  • icon"I like the possibilities and simplicity. It's an excellent software to help collegues and customers."
  • icon"I love this program because it is very easy to use and runs great. It’s very helpful to have software like this and runs smoothly."
  • icon"Unstable internet connection: some times the connections are lost. I can not control other devices in my local network without an internet connection."
  • icon"Transferring a large file is not practical with this tool. With an unstable internet connection, this application does not work smoothly and gets interrupted frequently."
  • icon"There are several features that could be dangerous if in the wrong hands. TeamViewer is often used in Tech Support Scams."

Browse all TeamViewer Reviews

• Have you used TeamViewer and would like to share your experience with others?

ResetShow 9,728 Results

Showing 1 - 25 of 9,728 reviews

Harlan

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Give Support , Get support

Ernesto Alfonso

Imprescindible para Soporte

Es la mejor herramienta existente en el mercado para trabajar con escritorios remotos y transmisión de archivos. No imagino el soporte técnico de otro modo. TeamViewer es escencial.

Pros

La capacidad de poder controlar equipos remotos, estabilidad y distintas herramientas para proporcionar soporte remoto a otros equipos.

Cons

Se necesitan conocimientos previos, capacitación y una comunicación con el host para que proporciones sus claves de acceso.

Reasons for choosing TeamViewer

Por la facilidad de la interfaz, y ambiente amigable. Estabilidad en conexiones.

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer

Por la interfaz gráfica facilita todo trabajo, asi parece que estas frente al equipo

Alex

The best tool for remote access

I've tried all of the different apps and other companies out there, but nothing beats TeamViewer. It's one stop solution for remote support, remote access, and online meetings which really helps when you're trying to connect with customers around the world. One of my favorite tools during pandemic since I work from home.

Pros

TeamViewer is a great tool for IT professionals, as it provides a simple and secure way to connect to computers remotely. It has a range of features that make it an efficient and reliable tool for remote support. The software is easy to install and use, and it has a user-friendly interface that makes it perfect for beginners.

Cons

The free version only allows you to stay connected for a short period of time and the paid version is a little pricy for some people.

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer

stability, user permissions, Teamviewer is used more than Anydesk so in most cases, I just need to ask for the ID and password because my clients already have it installed

Bill

May 2022

A solid, but expensive, remote control tool for supporting clients

TeamViewer was a great solution that allowed us to easily provide support services to our customers. However, the constant need to upgrade, the inability for older versions to talk to newer versions, and the business practices of selling perpetual licenses one day and forcing people into a subscription model the next is not reassuring.

Pros

When we chose TeamViewer, they offered a great deal for the money, spending money to buy the software license once with no recurring fees. The ability to provide "zero-install" links on our web site to allow customers to get us connected to their systems was a huge plus for a remote support environment. And even better, they were far cheaper than other solutions at the time, like GoToMyPC, LogMeIn, RAdmin, and others for an environment where you needed to support random users around the globe.

Cons

Sadly, shortly after we bought our expensive, "perpetual, no recurring fees" license and got everything set up, TeamViewer changed the game entirely, switching to a pure subscription model. So, after advertising that our high one-time fee wouldn't require maintenance fees, the new model now requires an annual subscription, and we have been stuck on v12 for the last several years with no ability to get onto a newer version unless we want to spend even more money on the subscription. As other solutions have since arisen (like Zoom) that are far less expensive, we do not feel that we will ever renew our TeamViewer license because of this. Once they turn off the ability for TeamViewer 12 to work (which they have done for older versions already), then we'll simply be removing it from our systems.

Reasons for choosing TeamViewer

TeamViewer offered a simple-to-use, no-install solution for remote support for our clients that was far cheaper than the competitors at the time.

Adnaan

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

April 2022

Will TeamViewer be suitable for my team???

The jury is still out on this one! I would say that my experience has been a bit of an" up and down" one. Their are some aspects of TeamViewer that i compliment their team on and other aspects which need to be looked at closely and ensure that those aspects are improved moving forward, with the focus on rectifying these issues soonest. Its all about keeping the customer satisfied in an ever increasing, competitive business environment. No, TeamViewer will not be suitable for my team as for now, but i always willing to relook at it, once the TeamViewer lads get the necessary done!

Pros

TeamViewer has been a secure platform to use, with the RSA key exchange and encryption. In the aviation industry, security is paramount and TeamViewer meets that requirement. It allows me to connect to contacts globally and provides a host of additional sevices, for e.g monitoring my entire teams desktop and allows recording the sessions remotely. Added to that, TeamViewer setting up is relatively simple with equally simple configuration.It provides added options of file transfer, instant messaging and being able to manage servers remotely. It has been instumental in making it possible for me to remotely control my devices for work and home, including cameras amongst other things. Impressive? Yes indeed! But read on please.....

Cons

The UI is super boring and the TeamViewer team should get cracking on that aspect to begin with. It puts me to sleep! Additionally, similar products come in at a better price.. Transferring files that are large can be a laborious and lenghty task, becoming frustrating in this world of "instant gratification". Speed it up TeamViewer! Not the best customer service experiences that i have had. High speed internet has become an issue, especially when i try and connect to areas globally, where the speed of their internet is at a snails pace. Hence, high speed internet is a must or else you'll end up pulling out your hair. Also, Teamviewer has to be installed on every system and has to be the same version. Limiting for me! Better platforms available out there at a better price, faster and the lack of a fast internet speed is not a problem.

Meg

Costly, Not User Friendly

Support is basically non-exisitent. If you need help, you are better off googling.

Pros

If you don't know anything about remote access, this software is easy to install and deploy.

Cons

The cost of this software is far more expensive than other companies offering the same services. It can be cumbersome to use as the person remoting into a computer.

Reasons for choosing TeamViewer

At the time, we thought the product would be easier to use.

Compatibility

Damien

Industry: Wholesale

Not great, not terrible

Pros

It's pretty user-friendly for any level of computer knowledge.

Cons

I found the delay in the response time to be significantly bad on numerous occasions.

Angus

May 2022

Must have for team collaborations

Using TeamViewer has saved me so much time, I no longer need to run over to an employees machine when there is a problem, I can simply connect to their device wi9thTeamViewer and see the problem. I'd estimate that it's also saved my business a lot of money, enabling our engineers to remote into machines when they are at home for critical issues, without the need to come into the office. I'd recommend it to anyone, any day.

Pros

The best thing about TeamViewer is it's simplicity. I can open it up, type in the ID and password for my colleagues device, and be connected to their device instantly. There is no messing about with technical configurations, TeamViewer makes connecting one device to another extremely simple, and I love it.

Cons

There isn't much that I dislike about the software, the only issue I could say is that the updates are infrequent, but it's not a big issue since the software has most features you could ever want already.

Reasons for choosing TeamViewer

I chose TeamViewer simply due to being more well known in the industry, and having a lot more valuable features over their competitors.

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer

I made the switch due to TeamViewer having a lot more features, and a more well known and trusted reputation.

Van McLean

Easiest and most user-friendly remote desktop software

I would still recommend TeamViewer as it is still the most user-friendly remote desktop software to use. During the pandemic, it has aided our tech support requirements for its real-time chat and audio connectivity. Multiple or simultaneous sessions are also allowed which can be used by remote users with a number of clients on the line.

Pros

TeamViewer is one of the most user-friendly remote desktop softwares in the market as it provides a real-time access between the local and remote users. I've been using this for 3 years now and the connectivity is much stable - particularly the latest versions. File sharing is another highlight, as it has a drag and drop function which makes the transferring of files easier. The software itself only needs very minimal memory as well and easy to download and install

Cons

In the next updates of TeamViewer, it would be good to see mobile to pc access as a lot of users are on mobile now. Large file sharing is another feature that can be enhanced as as of this writing, only small-sized files are allowed. It also has the tendency to disconnect if there's low internet connection.

Reasons for choosing TeamViewer

TeamViewer is widely used here, thus it's easier to get feedback from fellow users. AnyDesk and RemotePC may give what you need in a remote desktop software, but the features and layout is more user friendly specially if you have clients who are not tech savvy.

Ilsa

April 2022

Remote Desktop that works for you

I use Teamviewer for remote control when im unable to be at work and also to be able to provide technical support to my fellow staff members at other branches. My experience with Teamviewer is only what i can describe as a delight. Its simplicity and ease of access is undeniably the best in its field. It cannot compare to other remote desktops, Teamviewer stands out as the number one platform to use.

Pros

Team Viewer is very reliable and easy to use. It is a simple and secure way to connect to computers remotely. I love that i can work from home when need be. I like the fact that it has multiple features to choose from and that you dont have to use many apps as on Teamviewer they are already there. The best feature for me is the unattended access allowing me access immediately at any time of day.

Cons

The only thing i found least to like is that both station's need to be on the same upgrade level on Teamviewer. You cannot access the one if the other is on a different version of Teamviewer. Also if your internet connection is a bit slow it starts kicking you out at times.

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer

It kept lagging and was slow to connect to the other station via remote control.

bilal

Teamviewer

We solved a lot of issue's with teamviewer like software issue's for example Office programs like Excel, outlook, skype for business, etc.. Also Windows issue's on the computer of the customers. It's a really good program to remote the pc's without latency.

Pros

For us, Teamviewer was mainly used to access and control the PC remotely, which made it easier for us to support our customers. We have used other tools before, but Teamviewer is the smoothest tool working even with bad connections. The added options like chat, sound, voice, etc. make it a great tool and the product is free for personal use, which is really nice.

Cons

When installing the software in a new system and trying to connect to the old system, it is sometimes not compatible, which forces us to update our software or update the remote software, which can sometimes be time consuming and a problem

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer

My boss change the program and it was better with Teamviewer.

Anwar

Team View is a very good link between two computers

I like to utilize TeamViewer a great deal when I need to interface distantly from my PC to another client's PC, typically customers that require investigating and when this occurs, I use Teamviewer, simple and easy to utilize, stable far off association, amazing, it additionally makes it simpler for me to pass document effectively to other PC, It likewise permits screen sharing by essentially checking the alternative to share screen to the next client

Pros

This permits you to sign in starting with one PC then onto the next PC and work in the workplace from home. This permits you to effectively and rapidly telecommute on your office PC during an excursion. The cycle is also excellent, so it tends to be done quickly and effectively without losing office work.Therefore the usefulness of an association can be kept up within any event when a worker can't join in

Cons

TeamViewer can basically present the record sharing and archive sharing apparatus and gives freedoms to online gatherings. Be that as it may, it has more conceivable outcomes. It does extremely complex works. Its security highlights are strong and supply adequate assurance to the organization framework. It can give a start to finish secure association between two areas. Also, the gatherings and visits can record for references

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer

TeamViewer download is simple, as even its most recent variant is smaller and can be easily introduced on all significant stages.

Masdiana

Best for sharing screen and remote control

I have use this computer on multiple occasion, one of it is to sharing my screen with my colleague when we are having a online meeting or discussion as it will help with the visual aid when they can see what i see on my computer screen.

Pros

There are so much that can be done with this software, from sharing my screen to other people and letting them to taking control of my computer. It is very useful for our IT department to setting and fixing workers computer without having to physically attending their computer. It also has offer a free account apart of the paid version of the software.

Cons

This software definitely has its learning curves that regular user need to learn of it to find this this software useful for them. It is full of technical tools that quite confusing even after i have use it for quite some time. If you are sharing you screen and your computer control, you should really careful to not share it with stranger as they can totally messing your computer.

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer

Anydesk has no free account and only had the paid account.

Timothy

Straight forward Remote connection for most needed Cases

We have used Teamviewer on and off over the last 10 years to provide connectivity to remote machines and have succeeded more than 95% of the time. It has also relatively improved its features most notably allowing connectivity to a machine with older version of the software, which was not previously possible for a long time, was a major pain point, and one of the most needed features as it was usually the reason we always used it concurrently with another vendor. Finally, its ability to remember and save previously connected computers really saves a lot of time and headache.

Pros

Team viewer has worked for me on nearly all devices you can think of; Mac, PC, mobile, tablet, ios. It is straightforward to install and allow connectivity most times. 8/10 of none IT savvy users on windows were able to download, install and enable connection within a few minutes of sharing the link.

Cons

Getting a not IT savvy user to set it up and enable connection on a mac has been a stumbling block more than a few times . Other software tested was able to achieve the same in a relatively easier manner and I have had to resort to them when unsuccessful.

Reasons for choosing TeamViewer

Teamviewer stands out from most of the other competitors mostly by being so robust by virtue of being in existence for so long and being well known. It also has a very intuitive interface, where you can reach most of what you need quite fast.

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer

The previous tool we used was not user-friendly as you would expect from a tool that is mostly going to be facing a non-IT-savvy user.

Best tool for remote access and support in both personal and professional setup

Great tool for remote access. Easy installation and setup. Can be configured to use without intervention from anyone. Free for personal use which is great.

Pros

Teamviewer for us was all about remote access and control to provide easy support to our customers as well as workstations deployed remotely. We have used other tools before and Teamviewer was the smoothest and seamless and worked even with the worst of connections. Added features like chat, sound, voice, etc makes it a great tool and the product is free for personal use which has helped alot.

Cons

Updates, when installing the software in a new system and trying to connect to old, it sometimes is not compatible causing us to either downgrade out software or upgrade the remote software which can be a hassle at times.

Reasons for choosing TeamViewer

Free for personal use and been using it for a long time. It was just an easy choice at the end.

Ivan

Easy and intuitive

Teamviewer was my ally to better face the migration to telework caused by the pandemic, that's why I use it and recommend it to all my colleagues.

Pros

It allows connections to the different clients in an agile and secure way, I love its usability and interface.

Cons

I think there should be plans for small and medium businesses that are more affordable. Since due to the pandemic profitability has dropped a bit

Reasons for choosing TeamViewer

I had had experience with the free teamviewer license and knew what I was looking for to implement in the company.

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer

Anydesk had inconsistencies and the access speed did not compare to that of teamviewer.

Jacob Ira

March 2022

Better than others

Pros

Easy to deploy. Easy to quickconnect to someone with a one-time code. Secure.

Cons

The cost. While I appreciate that teamviewer charges by the support agent and not the installed server, it is still expensive.

The cost made sense

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer

Logmein charges by the workstation. I had a lot of remote computers but only 2 techs. It made sense to move to TeamViewer

Ivo

Collegarsi ovunque da dovunque

Sia nella installazione, configurazione ed utilizzo il software è molto intuitivo. E' anche possibile utilizzarlo senza installarlo, per quelle volte che serve collegarsi velocemente. L'utilizzo con l'abbonamento permette la gestione del nostro parco macchine.

Pros

Software semplice da usare e configurare, collegamento remoto a richiesta o automatizzato, offre vari servizi e sempre aggiornato

Cons

Se la connessione è lenta non mi sembra che si adatti alla variazione di banda

Reasons for choosing TeamViewer

Sicurezza, esperienza delproduttore e diffusione sul mercato

Shane

Industry: Security and Investigations

The remote support platform that does it all and then some...

I will be an avid TeamViewer follower since it's been my go-to remote access software from the beginning

Pros

TeamViewer has been the staple to the way we operate and do business. With it's highly intuitive configurations and features allow us to easily access other systems or clients with ease and elegance

Cons

The licensing and registration seems to be a bit offset by offering out a free non-commercial version but an over priced commercial version for the exact same thing it seems

Reasons for choosing TeamViewer

TeamViewer has been one of the longest standing remote access software and continues to remain triumphant year after year

Alaister

April 2022

Best free cross-platform compatible remote desktop tool

Managing my local headless servers and remote machines have become very convenient with TeamViewer.

Pros

It supports a wide range of operating systems. The speed and latency are excellent for machines near my location. The frame rate is acceptable for videos and games.

Cons

It seems that newer versions are not completely compatible with older versions. Also, sometimes there are issues when connecting to headless host systems.

Reasons for choosing TeamViewer

TeamViewer supports Windows, macOS, and Linux hosts, but Remote Utilities currently only support Windows hosts.

Abhik

Industry: Computer Networking

One of the best remote access software with free license

I regularly use Teamviewer to operate servers and my friend's PC and it works fine.

Pros

Team viewer is multi-platform and supported for all major operating systems like Linux, Windows, Mac and Android. Teamviewer has the option of setting unattended mode which is helpful to manage servers sitting behind firewalls and hence not accessible over ssh.

Cons

Teamviewer is not supported for ARM CPUs like Raspberry Pi, a quickly growing single board computer. I want to see Teamviewer on Raspberry Pi. Also, Teamviewer often falsely detect commercial usage and disconnect legitimate free users doing personal communications.

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer

AnyDesk has some bugs. The remote session often gets hung and the mouse movement is not smooth enough. So I migrated to Teamviewer and I feel it's better than AnyDesk

César José

May 2022

Excellent tool for user support, but a bit expensive.

Pros

TeamViewer is an excellent tool to support users remotely. It allows you to have total control of the equipment from anywhere in the world, working efficiently and streamlining communication between you and the user. It has an easy and intuitive interface, which allows the user to use it efficiently from the first time.

Cons

TeamViewer is very inefficient on low-speed Internet connections, which is why sometimes users prefer to use similar free tools like AnyDesk. In addition, the cost of acquiring the product is often a barrier to entry for users or companies that wish to expand its use.

Reasons for choosing TeamViewer

Because with TeamViewer I can provide more complete support to the user.

Deepak

control your computer

I used it for troubleshooting for some of my friend many time and team viewer team thought i was using it for commerical purpose.Even though I used for personnel use only

Pros

Easy to use just copy paste the code and you have the access.But its not free for long use.

Cons

Never use in industry. I wont recommend it.

Reasons for choosing TeamViewer

I made the switch because I find anydesk more easy and you don't even have to install. Just download and run no installations

One of the best Remote Support applications

We remote access both our team's computers, as well as unattended workstations/servers.

Pros

We love the ability to provide remote support to any user within our organization, as well as set up unattended access to remotely access our servers.

Cons

I feel like overall, compared to other similar tools on the market, the price point is kind of high. However, even with the high price point, we still chose Teamviewer due to their great support and reliability.

Reasons for choosing TeamViewer

Mainly due to the available support and functionality.

December 2021

Absolute must have for remote troubleshooting on any device

Pros

Tool makes it easy to manage devices remotely, to share and assist users without having physical access.

Cons

Recent high profile security vulnerabilities has tarnished the reputation of this software.

Reasons for choosing TeamViewer

Teamviewer was easy to setup and pricing was within our budget.

Showing 1 - 25 of 9,728 reviews