All Zadarma Reviews

Reviewed December 2017

I soon came to appreciate how this VoIP contributes to efficient & economical business communication

PROS

Zadarma's range of supported VoIP features provides excellent value. In particular I find that their virtual number deals make sound business sense. By taking virtual numbers, small and medium size firms are able to compete on international markets in a way previously only open to large companies. For example, from my office in the USA I can open and run virtual offices in the UK, India, Russia and many other leading business centers. It saves a small fortune in office, personnel and travel expenses while tapping into growing markets. I also find their free cloud PBX (they also call it a business phone system) brings many benefits to both the employees who communicate through it, and customers who call the firm. Since they can receive calls on a desktop computer, IP phone and smart phone, or forward these calls to mobiles and landlines, those important business calls no longer get missed. In my experience, customers certainly appreciate a positive calling experience. This significantly increases the possibility of that customer placing an order and coming back again to make subsequent orders. Finally, there is no denying that the cost savings are a big attraction. It is hard for landline service providers to compete when they have to carry the heavy costs of phone cabinet and wiring installations and repair. This VoIP service seems to me to be a much more economical choice without compromising on call quality.

CONS

I had some initial difficulties with the app setup but when I turned to their customer service they provided me with the help I need to quickly complete the setup. The way their app runs down the battery life was also an issue that bothered me. I contacted Zadarma and they reassured me that in the coming new version of their app they have taken care of this problem.

Dmitriy

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Account offline without a proper warning

Used the service for over 7 years prior to that.

PROS

Hello, After being a customer for many years I have received a request for verification stating that I need to upload a copy of my passport and until I do none of my numbers are functioning and balance can't be topped up. I have completed verification in a timely manner, but account is still offline. During this period none of the incoming phone calls are routing to our numbers. I have been a loyal customer for over 7 years and never had any issues with your service. What's going on and why you make it impossible to use the service during the verification process? I am also especially concerned with the number expiring soon that we are unable to top up balance for . If it expires - how can we get this number back? We have invested our advertising budget into this and can't understand how such business practices can be the thing of today without regard to customer's needs, especially in the busiest time of the retail sales season !

CONS

Poor customer service and endangering our business in the busiest time by turning off service without a proper warning

1 employee

Reviewed May 2024

The system can't send SMS messges

The solution doesn't answer my need. The support team didn't fully refund after I installed the system and used it for 1 hour to understand if it works me. I find it very upsetting that the instructions of use were not clear enough for me in the begging and where they finance team decide to charge me for half a year use instead of one month or even completely refund me for not using the system.

PROS

I don't need a SIM card and could do everything from my own phone

CONS

On small letters it says that the service doesn't send SMS messages in USA only receive one. I needed both

Reasons for switching to Zadarma

Because you can't send SMS via their solution

Greetings! We're truly sorry to hear about the inconvenience you've experienced. We're glad to see that the issue has been resolved, and refunds have been processed accordingly. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us. Thank you for your understanding.

Replied May 2024

Colette

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2021

Vaule for money but some anoying quirks

The support is very limited but on the positive side (apoart from the few issues I have) I never need to contact them.

PROS

The subscription model is clear and not too expensive compared to the functionalities provided. We use Zadarma PBX to interactt with customers in Sweden.

CONS

There are three annoying issues: 1. At unpredictable times we cannot reach a number we dial. After a few minutes this usually works again. Might be the number we dial is occupied, but the software does not show it. It just cancels the connection attempt. 2. We use SMS to respond to customers and for that having our local (virtual) number as the sender-id is crucial. Until some months ago this worked well with Zadarma via the web-portal (it never worked via the app, see #3 below), although Zadarma do not guarantee to send the virtual number as sender-id. Currently our virtual number is never used as sender-id by Zadarma. The sender-id that is used currently is 'Zadarma.com', which looks very unprofessional to my customers. Next to that my customers do not recognize the sms are not able to respond directly to my SMS-es anymore (the recipient cannot respond to the 'Zadarma.com' sender-id). Zadarma support just states that it is not guaranteed (to me 'not guaranteed' means it does not work all the time, but currently it NEVER works) which is quite unsatisfying. Especially this started after I was fully set-up with Zadarma so I also feel a bit locked in... 3. The Zadarma Android app supports multiple lines that can be switched on/of individually. The SMS function in the app however only sends SMS with sender 'Zadarma.com'. More than once my recipients just discarded of my SMS-es because they did not recognize the sender. I fear getting blacklisted because of this.

Price and Pricemodel & Functionality

Thank you for the valuable feedback. We are already working on SMS and soon replying from your number and SenderID setup will be available.

Replied November 2021

oleksander

Legal Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2017

The service and quality is good, While CS was poor for a while; however lately it was improved

easy to use, exception installation and application. moneywise is reasonable

PROS

Software, I mean the App for the I phone is great and easy to use. Softphone on the web is easy to operate, while the general menu is still confusing.

CONS

While App is great , However, the functionality buttons should enlarged. The activation and tune in process is still quite complicated. Recently, during the reinstallation on a new ios device I've spent 30 min myself + another 15 min with a CS. Also, the general menu is too complicated and confusing; the simpler version , like Line2.com for instance is advised. Customer service, especially voice support must be improved.

Reviewed January 2019

Outstanding Service

I have saved money by having a phone number in a far country. This also encouraged people in that country to call me easily because for them they make local phone calls. I think Zadarma is an outstanding company that must be appreciated and supported in order to continue. It did make my life a lot easier, personally and for business. And I am sure it is helping many others too.

PROS

I like the possibility of receiving calls on the phone number provided by Zadarma at a very economical cost (for free when I use the web phone online) and the possibility of making low cost calls to other countries.

CONS

The downloadable calling software did not give me a great line quality though it was OK. But then I simply switched to the online program and it works great.

William

Financial Services, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2018

Support and Implementation Instructions Beyond Poor

This may be an extraordinary piece of software but I cannot base my business on a piece of software where the support organization cannot communicate and where the installation/integration instructions cannot be reasonably followed. They need a technical person with good English skills to go through their implementation directions and they have got to have people who can speak English on their support line before I will reconsider this product.

PROS

Nothing. I never got it to work. The instructions and support were unacceptable.

CONS

I consider myself technically competent with over 30 years of PC experience. After 6 hours, one phone call and 3 support chats I gave up trying to integrate this product with Zoho. The phone call was perhaps the most revealing in that the person who called had such poor English language skills that he gave up after two or three attempts to communicate. The chat experiences were no better. Every time I got on chat they referred me to the arcane instructions that I could not figure out.

Hello William, We sincerely apologize for all the difficulties you have faced when using our service. We realize that we have a lot of features that can be hard to figure out and we are working on it. For example, in October we have upgraded PBX settings wizard to make it much more convenient to use. We will keep on going and making our service easy and enjoyable to use, including PBX features and integrations with other platforms. As for the support, Zadarma has 24/7 support in 5 languages. Unfortunately, it was our mistake that in September after the webinar with Zoho our English-speaking support was working 18/6, and you have probably contacted our team outside the working hours. Currently, working hours of English support have already been increased and soon will reach 24/7. Thank you for your interest in our service and your feedback. We are sure you will appreciate all the changes we're introducing. Please, contact me if you would like a personal 1 on 1 demo.

Replied November 2018

Reviewed March 2018

Poor and Unreasonable Customer Service Initially

I was able to receive International SMS from Israel cheaply. The account verification process and the support ticket process are cumbersome and wearisome to pursue.

PROS

The Zadarma Projects provides cheap virtual numbers and free SMS reception service on those numbers. After much pushing and continued engagement, I was finally given good customer service.

CONS

Zadarma numbers work on a monthly subscription basis. However, they will block use of certain features of your virtual numbers. This happened to me, creating a situation in which I was paying for a virtual number, but could not use the free SMS reception feature associated with it. For five days, the Zadarma support team refused to extend my subscription length to compensate for the time which they had blocked this desired features of my number. Interaction with the Support Team was extremely frustrating and slow. They would respond to me once in every 24 hour period, and their responses were unhelpful. They repeatedly said no in multiple ways to my requests. Once I gave up perusing the support team for compensation and asked to be referred to management, I was given excellent customer service. Management unblocked the desired feature of my number, and extended my subscription to one month from that day. The blocking of account features has to do with the Zadarma account verification process. They request the uploading of passports or ID cards. I uploaded my ID card on day one, and my passport on day three. Both were rejected. The ID card was rejected on day two for the stated reason that it was not a passport, despite the fact that account documentation requested a passport or ID card. The passport was rejected one day five for the stated reason that the file size was too small, despite the fact that no minimum file size limit was visible to me in my account documentation. It was only after requesting to be referred to management on day five that my account was verified with my uploading any additional documents.

Dear Mr Ockrin, We regret to see that you have not been satisfied with our service. We believe that there must be a misunderstanding, since your phone number and the voice features connected to that number have never been blocked. As it is clearly written in the instructions, to activate the SMS reception on your number, we require you to upload a copy of your passport. This was done on your side 5 days after you have purchased the number. As soon, as the requirement for the activation of the SMS reception was fufilled, and you have uploaded the copy of your passport, we have enabled that feature on your number straight away. In addition, we have also extended your number for 5 extra days and we did not refuse to extend your subscription length. All of the chats between you and our Customer Service representatives show that your enquiries have been answered promptly and on time. Best Regards, Zadarma

Replied April 2018

Pierre

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Would be perfect if not major issues

Could be perfect. Ends up totally wrong.

PROS

Free PBX and multiple options to share lines and API

CONS

Once ported, our incoming calls keep cutting at 30secs. Tech support is unable to solve. Then you discover they have totally stupid pricing based on 10 countries that are totally unrelated and illogic. Calls from any other major coutry is extremely expensive.

Flexibility and API

Thank you for the feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience with Zadarma has not been flawless. Please contact our support team via email support@zadarma.com, so we can assist you with this technical issue.

Replied February 2021

Roman

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2020

Flaky service, bad customer support

I purchased a virtual number from Zadarma. After setting it up on my phone with their app, I immediately started getting dozens of spam calls a day on the new number. After an unhelpful back and forth with their customer support, I was basically told that they don't know about the history of the numbers they sell and they had no suggestions other than trying a new number. My question about whether this was a common issue with their virtual numbers and whether I should expect an improvement was ignored twice. I said fine, I'll try a new number without any sort of assurance whether that would improve the situation. They cancelled my old number and its features, and then asked for more money to add the same features (SMS service) on the replacement number. Basically, don't expect any meaningful help from their support or for your phone service to be problem-free. Do expect to be nickel and dimed if you run into issues.

PROS

- local virtual phone numbers - phone app for using virtual number

CONS

- customer support - lots of spam calls to provided phone number

Somhairle

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2019

A fantastic service for small companies

PROS

Zadarma is a great phone system for small businesses. It's easy to set up lines, extensions and numbers and it's very reliable.

CONS

I tried portability from a UK number but they couldn't port it because the 2 suppliers didn't have a porting agreement.

Over all good.

PROS

Easy to setup individual extensions, call statistics and charts and call geography. Incoming routes from other providers. Webphone and sms support being able to add to my own website.

CONS

Call routing fiddly to setup, unable to route calls through other providers e.g. forward to 17777123456@callcentric.com.

Gian

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Lo peor que he visto en años

LA PEOR EMPRESA Y EL PEOR SERVICIO DE LA HISTORIA ASI TRATAN A UN CLIENTE DE MAS DE 3 AÑOS:1) el servicio anda como el 1/10 las llamadas se tildan, se cortan, los numeros estan recontra quemados usados por millones de empresas anteriormente y se muestran como SPAM2) nunca se escucha el llamado, siempre hay problemas tecnicos, nunca funciona nada bien3) te suben los precios sin subir la calidadLA CEREZA DEL POSTRE1) me robaron 30 dolares, me bloquearon la cuenta para hacer eso y encima no te devuelven, no contestan, te la estiran con el ticket de soporte que te responde 1 vez por semana

PROS

se pueden hacer llamadas internacionalmente como cuaquier sofware voip

CONS

No contraten nunca esta empresaLo peor es que son estafadores, tardan años en responder los tickets, y miles de cosas mas

We are sorry to hear you were not satisfied with the service. Zadarma has servers worldwide that insure call quality, all you require is a stable internet connection. If you are experiencing troubles with the calls, please get in touch with our 24/7 online support in 7 languages and our team will assist you with the settings. Refunds for services not provided are issued upon request and money is returned within 3-5 business days depending on the receiving bank.

Replied May 2023

Burak

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2019

Exceptionally Good

Easy to use. Tons of features. Cheap international calls. High quality audio. Free sip connections. A+++

PROS

We are using Zadarma Sip features for over 2 years integrated with Bitrix CRM. We weren't content with the phone solutions Bitrix offered so switched to Zadarma. Best decision we have ever made. Right now we have over 10 different numbers in 10 countries. We sometimes have hard time to connect to some countries' mobile numbers but that's normal considering the country's infrastructure.

CONS

Nothing much so far. Just mobile calls are a bit more expensive than others. Also, virtual numbers in Turkey expensive and can take up to 2-3 days to activate. Still, it is not their fault.

Sebastian

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed July 2023

Zadarma es de gran ayuda

PROS

Me gusto mucho que sea un sistema basado en la nube ya que permite monitorear desde cualquier citio los procesos que se ejecutan constantemente.

CONS

Por el momento no tengo quejas sobre este aplicativo.

We appreciate your review. If you have any questions, please contact our 24/7 online support.

Replied July 2023

Martin

Human Resources, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2021

Great product, very good service

I used another software before and we had a lot of bad calls, lines bad, etc, but now, we use Zadarma, the lines are very good. The service is also very high. They helped me with everything and after a few hours, our software was working perfectly. Many thanks!!

PROS

Very good service, helpdesk and people on the phone for questions Hugh amount of extension numbers Cheap cost of calling Easy to use product Good price Integration with our CRM (Hubspot)

CONS

I can't find any negative points, so for me, there's no Cons

Amount of users Pricing Service

Pricing and amount of users No integration with CRM

Thank you for the feedback! If you have any questions, please, contact our 24/7 support.

Replied October 2021

Maria

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2023

Not recommended

the worse

PROS

Unable to used at all, too much promises at the end the feature doesn't work at all

CONS

Nothing worked for me, so wasted of time and money, they make jokes about your problem, and blame other for they fraud. Duplicate number? and they blame Whatsapp :-D

Reason for choosing Zadarma

yes, they say this will work, I asked specific for Whatsapp ( for whatsapp bussines) and nothing. More the number that I pay for is a duplicate of an existent number so I am not able to create an account that has confirmation through SMS. I already tried with 4 services and NO WORK AT ALL.

We are sorry to hear you were not satisfied with the service. Unfortunately, as we are not affiliated with WhatsApp, we are unable to verify whether numbers have been in use. You can request a refund and connect another number. If you have any questions, please contact our 24/7 online support in 7 languages.

Replied May 2023