All SiteGround Reviews

Prabhakar

Reviewed February 2022

Best performance hosting

Using siteground was very easy. My website was always up and managing email accounts is also easy on siteground.

PROS

The best part about siteground is, it is super easy to use and the performance is very good. Its user dashboard is very clean and easy to use. You can find and use any feature very easily. I used siteground for more than 1 year and the uptime was 99.99%. My site speed was very fast(less than 1.5 second loading time).

CONS

The one thing that I don't like about siteground is that they offer very little storage with their hosting plans.

Reason for choosing SiteGround

The performance was the key factor behind choosing siteground.

Reasons for switching to SiteGround

The performance of Godaddy was very bad.

Simon

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2022

Hosting Provider of Choice

I moved my own websites to Siteground and now recommend clients to also use their hosting services. The initial attraction is cost and good reliability (based on reviews), but you also quickly discover how strong the customer support is - either via email or webchat. Any issues are quickly resolved. The collaborator functionality is very important for a developer and means I don't have to keep users login details on file.

PROS

Very good initial offers for the first year of hosting. Exceptional customer support. Option to pay monthly after first year. Allows access to client websites without needing multiple logins with the collaborator function. Reliable, very little downtime and quick servers.

CONS

The jump in price on the second year can be a turn-off and some clients have made the decision to move elsewhere (although they've not always been happy with the decision afterwards!). It would be good if the collaborator option allowed access to emails as well.

Reason for choosing SiteGround

I've looked at Cloudways as an option for after the first year, and is certainly one I'm keeping an eye on if Siteground's high standards ever drop.

Reasons for switching to SiteGround

Poor reliability and worsening customer service.

Matthew

Venture Capital & Private Equity, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2021

What used to be great customer service and excellent hosting has become a nightmare of an experience

Started out great, I recommend them to hundreds of clients, and I moved most every site I own over there. Now, some two years later, they made me purchase a second subscription to access their new tools which I needed. And after continued degrading network performance and servers/software that are full of bugs. I am needing to switch hosts yet again, where I will deploy my own cloud servers on Cloudways. I tried to ask Siteground to merge my accounts, or at least credit me what I paid against my top-tier account, and they flat out refused. Not only have I spent hundreds of dollars beyond what was needed, but now I cant even make use of the basic service they allegedly provide because they simply don't want to help.

PROS

It was packed full of hosting features I needed, and things worked faster than my old host.

CONS

Customer 'support' is terrible and virtually non-existent. Yes you'll get a human. And that human will tell you you are wrong, that their servers never went down, that there are no issues on your account, and that Siteground is the best. The only time my site has ever worked properly was the day I moved it to another host.

Reason for choosing SiteGround

I made a huge mistake and I am going to Cloudways for my top sites, and Bluehost for my basic tier sites. AVOID SITEGROUND!

Ann

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2022

High-value, low-stress WordPress hosting

I'm a marketer, who builds and manages websites secondarily; I'm tech savvy but not at all a developer. SiteGround ranks high in all the areas that are important to me. A well-managed company that's likely to remain stable and grow for the long term. Good tech support available 24x7. Strong server-side security to prevent hacks. Optimized for WordPress sites. Plenty of good tools to help non-developers, such as their one-click tool to spin up a temporary staging site clone; easy clicks to install WordPress and SSL certificates; one click to instantly upgrade or downgrade PHP version; and easy to navigate backup management and restore options including separate restore ability for subdomains.

PROS

1. SiteGround is at the top of my list for value. People say it's more expensive than most hosting; but it's actually far cheaper than most. If you consider the cost of your time or a developer's time to deal with just one big problem or hassle at a cheap hosting company that doesn't have excellent server environments or customer service, or responsiveness when your site is down. A big part of hosting value is the lack of drama generated by the hosting company. SiteGround doesn't create drama; it just keeps working. 2. I particularly value their quality technical support; it has saved me much time when configuring or troubleshooting my clients' sites. 3. SiteGround's performance is consistently good and my clients' sites load fast. Last year, for example, a site on another hosting kept slowing down, where page load speeds reached 8 to 15 seconds on a site that used to be fast. That hosting's tech support was saying it looked good on their end, and gave me complicated caching options to try as tests. Instead, I made a copy of the site and uploaded it to my own SiteGround account to test on a staging site, and that clone instantly had page load speeds of 1 to 2 seconds for all users. That site's now been on SiteGround for several months with the same page load speeds.

CONS

1. Planning for SiteGround changes is hard. They will announce that something new and improved is coming, like their move off cPanel, or their move of many sites to new, upgraded servers that will require a DNS change by me at the time of the switch. But they give a vague window of time like "in coming months" and state that they'll let each customer know in advance. Which they do, but it's only a week or so in advance, by email. Which brings me to: 2. They don't offer a way for a site owner (my clients) to designate a webmaster (me) to receive copies of account notifications. They only send notifications to the site owners. And my clients don't read those emails to differentiate them from SiteGround newsletters and promotional emails, to forward them to me. This includes emails alerting the site owner about annual renewals that need the credit card on file updated, for example. 3. They've made getting to their tech support team tedious, requiring some knowledge base searches first before they'll reveal a time-sensitive code for support access. But once you're connected to tech support it's great.

Reason for choosing SiteGround

My sites aren't ecommerce sites or super-large or complex; and all are standard WordPress installations running a top-rated theme with a page builder - not custom sites requiring development platforms. I didn't want to move to managed hosting or higher prices.

Reasons for switching to SiteGround

Also switched from InMotion, Site 5 and X Theme Hosting. All of these had maddening problems. Like poorly trained, unresponsive, or purposefully unhelpful tech support and customer service, slow server speed, website backups that turned out to be corrupt when it came time to do a restore; and poor server-side security that resulted in a site being hacked twice. I initially chose SiteGround 4 years ago because the website developer who supports me for advanced technical items recommends SiteGround for the size of sites that I manage.

Stephen

Reviewed January 2022

Siteground provides reliable premium web hosting and excellent support at a premium price

I have a love/hate relationship with Siteground. I love the support and reliable service, but compared to other hosting companies, it is among the most expensive, but still a lot less than managed hosts like WPEngine and Pagely. I have also been saved by their real-time support. I am fortunate in that I run a web design agency and can pass the cost to my clients. As much as I would like to save some money, I am afraid to leave because Siteground has been so helpful. If you are somewhat tech-savvy like me but do not want to pay hundreds of dollars per month for a managed web host that can hold your hand every time you have a problem, but you like the idea of getting on chat and connecting with a real engineer, then Siteground is an excellent choice. Like the Eagles song, Hotel California, "You can check in anytime you like, but you can never leave." That sentence best describes Sitegrond web hosting.

PROS

I have been using Siteground for over seven years and my sites have almost never gone done, and when it has happened, they have never been down for more than 20 minutes. I have also found Siteground's tech support provides excellent service. If I run into a problem, I just open up support chat, and the problem is always resolved quickly.

CONS

The biggest downside to using Siteground is they can be expensive. They attract new clients with low introductory prices for the first year and then afterward, the price increases dramatically. For example, in my case, I recall paying an average of $8 per month during the first year, but in the second year, the price jumped to $25. On the positive side, Siteground support is above average. I run a web design business and provide hosting to clients and the service has saved me more than once.

Reason for choosing SiteGround

I found that the price and support was better for my needs at Siteground.

Reasons for switching to SiteGround

Many years ago, I was using BlueHost to host my personal and several client sites. I noticed that the sites were not downloading as fast as I liked. I have several friends using Siteground and I also met the Siteground [SENSITIVE CONTENT] at the Joomla World Conference at Harvard University in 2013. I signed up and moved my sites and so far have been happy.

Christopher

Media Production, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2023

SiteGround Gets Better and Better For Our Company

Having moved from another hosting service SiteGround was exactly what we were looking for. Being new to the tech side of things their customer service was so helpful setting it up for us and helping with the initial teething problems. For over seven years we have been using SiteGround and their pricing is extremely reasonable.

PROS

We have used SiteGround for over seven years and we are so impressed with their platform. Their user friendly dashboard gets better and better and their customer service has been superb.

CONS

Having discussed this with our team there really isn't anything that sticks out as a Con.

Reasons for switching to SiteGround

We made the switch from BlueHost to SiteGround because the customer service at BlueHost was terrible to say the least.

Torikul

Internet, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2021

A unique web hosting company, it's good but needs more improvements

My experience is average with this hosting company but I really like how they are doing business. Pricing, facilities, server uptime everything was ok for me, but they need to develop the management part and make it more user-friendly.

PROS

Siteground comes with some great packages, they provide a lot with the hosting plan. For example, free SSL, free CDN, daily backup, free email, and many more. Basically, for these kinds of additional things, other hosting companies charge additional prices whereas in Siteground you'll get them for free. I love how they optimized their server for WordPress CMS. They have their own plugin for speed optimization that has been built according to their server configuration. It makes Siteground unique, website loading speed is amazing on SiteGround I love this a lot.

CONS

I least like Siteground server management, they are unique, they have their own control panel. It's good but people are not friendly with their customized control panel, users are friendly with cPanel. So, I think Siteground should have a cPanel server control panel as well as their own. There are so many things that cPanel can provide but Siteground's control panel can't.

Reasons for switching to SiteGround

I switched to Bluehost for my working purpose to fulfil clients requirements.

Ahmed

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2023

They're the best wordpress hosting for me!

overall i'm very happy with SiteGround

PROS

very good value for money & their customer support are very friendly and always here to help!

CONS

speed could be better, also the cache options wasn't very good

Reason for choosing SiteGround

I found many good reviews about it, and prices were very good compared to the service.

Asim

Paper & Forest Products, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed July 2022

Relatively faster than same tiered hostings

Overall experienced a very stable and fast web hosting and saved from the hassle from migrations of existing sites and installations of new sites,

PROS

Easy migrations, faster installations, 2-3 step software purchase, online chat support, ticketing system. Auto Core updates.

CONS

PHP special limit changes requires support team to adjust as they don't allow that.

Reason for choosing SiteGround

Cheaper and very fast for small scale web applicaitons.

Reasons for switching to SiteGround

Faster and more stable on siteground, no need to manage the PHP and mySQL

Maureen

Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2022

Keeps our website running!

PROS

I switched to Site Ground from another hosting company and was overwhelmed at first with the idea of adjusting to another interface. I had no trouble transferring over our web content and it works seamlessly with our Google Workspace features for email. Their customer service is always quick and helpful.

CONS

It was a bit disorienting when the interface updated until we got used to the new look of things and the price went way up after our initial "deal" pricing, which was unfortunate.

Poor customer service and price from Host Gator

Tad

Reviewed September 2023

email marketing not as advertised

We still use siteground for hosting and have for several years. We have had poor results with 2 add on services now. The sitescanner and the email marketing.

PROS

Set up was fairly straightforward with multiple warnings to clean your contact list....noted.

CONS

Hosting is good and support is fast. Other services...not so much. Email marketing is misleading. paid for 1000 contacts/10000 emails per month plan. Uploaded the first 600 of my contacts and sent an email....then added the other 300 for a total of 900 and tried to send the second email (should have been able to send 10 emails) and was prompted to upgrade. So could not send 2 emails to a contact list of 900. Very misleading.

Reason for choosing SiteGround

Due to the positive results with hosting we assumed twice now that the add on services would be the way to go only to be disappointed.

Hoped for ease of use.

Roldan

Design, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Highly recommended overall - with a catch!

Great! I've used several hosting providers in the span of 15 year plus of my development career. No one comes close with SiteGround currently. I've been with GoDaddy, Bluehost, Flipperhost, NameCheap and some other exotic hosting providers (in pursuit of the cheap ones), but SiteGround blurred them all - save the price of course.

PROS

User Interface. One of the crowned jewels of SiteGround is I guess uniquely developed user interface. Unlike any other hosting provider where they use perennial and generic dashboard, SiteGround just completely turned things up-side-up and brought user experience to a new level. They have laid out all the most important and mostly used hosting extensions in the foreground with the options to add more if you need ore. The user interface is easy on the eyes and easy to use. This saves you a lot of time navigating and figuring out things around. Plans. Another thing is there targeted pricing plans. Though, most hosting has this, but SiteGround is unique. They have plans for WordPress users, WordPress with WooCommerce or simple just generic hosting for more liberated hosting plans. Pricing. They have this unique pricing structure targeted to first time customers. Of course to attract more users. There introductory price is really attractive (or say cheap) for a great hosting experience. But this too seems to be there downfall as well. Customer Support. Cannot help but give this to them. If you are to highlight hosting experience with SiteGround, this one is a firework. One thing you will notice with SiteGround's support technicians are there level of product knowledgeability. They are highly knowledgeable of the stuff they attend too. They are highly professional as well in dealing with customers. Five star rating is the least you can rate them with.

CONS

Pricing. I have been sold with this one. There introductory price/plans is seem cheap/competitive for the first year. Then upon renewal it quadruples the price. Now, you are caught in the middle between a great hosting experience and the newly tendered pricing. Innodes. Seriously, this is the first time I have experience innodes issues with a hosting provider. Or maybe because this is the only hosting provider that has excited me, whereby enabling me to pump more websites to my hosting plan. Else, I need to understand the business side of things :-) Unlimited. One classic selling points of all hosting providers that is consequently used by SiteGround. It says "Unlimited Websites" in a hosting storage of 20GB for example. But the back of the mind of an experienced developer knows that there is no such thing as "unlimited". In fact, halfway through your storage, you'd probably find yourself in trouble with "innodes" sizes than storage capacities.

Reason for choosing SiteGround

I guess, because SiteGround, despite being costly meets our needs and wants as a start-up company. Others are just pure expensive with a lot to less of what we need. Using SiteGround with there revamped user interface is such a breeze - from installing new websites, extending your plans, payments, customer support. No such thing in any other hosting provider as far as my experience is concerned.

Reasons for switching to SiteGround

They don't meet our expectations - from slow, laggy and incompetent customer support to dirt-cheap pricing. Yes, pricing. They seem cheap, but that will be your downfall as well.

Davide

Newspapers, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Cheap as works well but expect much higher renewal prices

This comment is only about shared hosting. My experience is a bit of a mixed bag. The first time subscription for 3 years was cheap in comparison with the product performance, howler the renewal prices are WAY higher and no more justifiable. Even on a low traffic website I started getting prompts about cpu usage and the need for a bigger tier, whereas now on the very basic tier of another provider all is fine. I really didn’t love how the user dashboard makes disabling auto renewals a very big hassle. Same as contacting a human for assistance. So, to sum it up: works well for the price paid with first time discounts and coupons, otherwise…I’m not so sure and decided to look somewhere else (without any kind of remorse!)

PROS

The user interface is pleasant although not always easy to navigate. Web site control panel is quick and easy and deployment is really quick. Email hosting is included and works reliably. First time subscription on shared hosting is cheap (the longer you subscribe, the cheaper!) and works well, but read the con’s section

CONS

This comment is only about shared hosting. Renewal prices are going to be way higher than expected, at the same price point there are far better alternatives. The user dashboard uses a lot of dark patterns, like a convoluted and somehow hidden/confusing page to disable automatic renewal, and a help section that strives in every possible way to keep you away from chatting / emailing a real person. Speed and reliability are fair in comparison to the price paid, but no more so with the renewal prices (that’s why after a 3 years long initial commitment I finally switched to another provider and am not looking back!). It can be however useful to test a new project and switch to a more performant provider only in case it works, like I did

Reason for choosing SiteGround

Cheap first time subscription prices

Geoffrey

Reviewed December 2021

Slightly disappointed after moving away from cpanel

It used to be a 5 star, top of the industry host when it comes to managed VPS. Now it's among the good ones but I can't really see a competitive advantage anymore.

PROS

In it's good old days, I loved that chat support was instant and tickets were handled by level 2 tech guys in less than 1h usually. Sure, I paid a premium for that fully managed vps... but totally worth it IMO. Their autoscale feature saved our product launches many times to absorb peaks of visitors as well.

CONS

Then siteground forced it's users to move away from cpanel. Removing the interoperability factor we needed... Just in case things went south. And they went south... Although migration was supposed to be planned ahead and we asked several times months ahead what was the ETA... Support has never been able to provide an answer. And we only received one email 7 days prior migration... I was lucky enough to be one of the last to be migrated. One of our customers whom we had recommended SG to, got caught by surprise. One morning all his IPs were changed + his cron jobs failed to run... We lost a few days to solve this and support was completely at loss (or maybe overwhelmed by requests like ours)... We moved our cpanel away since then but still have customers on siteground that we help. I can say that support is not their strength anymore. Their native panel is ok but lacks features we really enjoyed in cpanel like api.

Reasons for switching to SiteGround

We needed to be able to clone cpanel accounts, A fast & autoscalable server, A fully managed server with an amazing and blazing fast tech support. Siteground provided everything we asked for.

Jason

Reviewed July 2021

Great all-around hosting for price conscious and non-technical users

We loved SiteGround for a long time. Their customer support was amazing and the price you pay is very reasonable. We moved on as we outgrew what it could offer as needs grew along with our ability to manage a more complex hosting environment.

PROS

It was a big jump from Host Gater and Godaddy where we were hosting some sites. The support was what we needed as a beginner to hosting and the speed was noticeably faster without any additional tools added to the websites.

CONS

It ended up costing a lot more money to get the speed we wanted for our websites verses other services out there. It's a great option for non-technical clients who are starting out and don't want the headache of dealing with hosting.

Reason for choosing SiteGround

They were cheaper and had more options for us at the time. We could host emails with SiteGround but not the others.

Reasons for switching to SiteGround

We made the switch because we wanted something faster with better support.

PAUL

Reviewed May 2021

SiteGround is better than people say, but worse than it could be!

Their support used to be exemplary. They now hide their live chat behind 10 layers of selections so you have to spend 10 mins trying to match your needs with the selections. This has made the slick previous experience, very slow and inefficient. They say this is to "streamline the support process", but it is not the case. Once you get to their support it is amazing!

PROS

I love the speed of their servers, the simplicity of getting a WordPress website up and running. Their new site tools are amazing and much more intuitive than cPanel ever was.

CONS

If you sign up for a new account now, you are getting a discounted price and then when you need to renew your price is more than 3 times the price. They deployed new pricing and stated that with the hosting plans, that they had a restriction on the amount of websites you could have and now if you check their hosting plans, they have changed it again to be unlimited sites on the GrowBig and GoGeek accounts. It would be great if they didn't change their minds.

Reasons for switching to SiteGround

Hostgator was bad and I will never go back.

Pedro