All Ahrefs Reviews

Hasan

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2022

The most feature-rich SEO tool

They have a solution for whatever need you might have. And if they don't have it yet, you can expect them to develop it soon. Ahrefs is the most powerful tool for SEOs who focus on backlinks, while it's more than enough for people who are trying to maintain their website, come up with new keywords to write about, and have an eye on the competition.

PROS

It's an all-in-one solution for your website SEO. Apparently, they have the most active crawler among all SEO tools, and they cover everything you need from your site's technical performance to keywords, backlinks, etc. Ahrefs focus on educating the community is a big bonus. If you're keen on starting your SEO career, or improving your website SEO, Ahrefs is the only tool you need.

CONS

Unlike some other competitors like Moz, they don't have solutions for local SEO. Also their new pricing is slightly less affordable. I wish they had a Lite package for SMBs too.

Reason for choosing Ahrefs

More precise data that is regularly updated - better company direction - faster solution development.

Kudos, Hasan! Just recently we started recognizing Local Packs in SERP, which can help with your local SEO efforts (if you don't already count the Rank Tracker, which allows you to monitor keyword rankings on a location basis). Hope this helps!

Md. Tanvir Bin

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed November 2023

It has an outstanding capacity to crawl the entire internet and target sites.

It provides better recommendations for keywords. It has basic control over keywords.

PROS

It is capable of thorough monitoring and comparison of domains. Based on how much organic traffic a website receives, that is. Compared to Alexa rank, it is superior. Based on the quantity of backlinks going to a URL, URL (URL ratings) calculates the potential influence of the URL. In terms of metrics returned, the keyword results page was at first the most plain and straightforward of all the tools I examined. However, Ahrefs has significantly improved its Keyword Explorer tool with a responsive page of interactive data visualizations.

CONS

Costly for small companies perhaps. Technical SEO and on-page optimization are included in the "Domain Health" tool, which is presently unavailable. Had the experience of having some tool parts return no results.

Reason for choosing Ahrefs

It has strong impromptu keyword research.

Reasons for switching to Ahrefs

Pricing option is so costly than other platform.

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to leave a thorough review. We appreciate your feedback. We're glad to hear that you're getting good value from our tools and metrics. If you're having trouble with Site Audit, please do contact support@ahrefs.com. We want you to be able to have the full functionality of tools included in your plan. Again, thank you for your thorough and honest feedback and thank you for choosing Ahrefs!

Replied November 2023

Kenny

Computer Hardware, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2019

Are these reviews for real??

The hits all come from 54.x.x.x and apparently have a fetish for using the bible in repetitive succession that just swamps our logs. Sometimes we just use iptables to get rid of the rogue site but aside from being a pest I see no other damage. The hits look like this: 54.x.x.x "Get /bible/18_028.HTM http/1.1" 404 However our associate that also gets hit by the rogue ahrefs site is being hit with non-biblical hits (go figure). Don't bother getting messed up with ahrefs, it's just another bad affiliation that will come back to bite you sooner or later in my opinion.

PROS

I like how ahrefs disregards a cease and desist notice.

CONS

This is just another hacker site. They've been hitting our server for over 2 years now (and not just us).

Hi Kenny! Apologize for the inconvenience caused. It looks like we hit a family of repetitive links to this site and we kept performing requests to URLs following the pattern /bible/${N}_${K}.HTM. Rules added to the robots.txt file could have avoided this. Our crawler has improved since then considerably. I invite you to write to our support team at support@ahrefs.com for any technical issues you might encounter.

Jon

Consumer Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed March 2024

My go-to SEO research tool for driving backlink and keyword success

Overall, Ahrefs is a tool I cannot put down. If I truly had to limit myself to one SEO tool, it would be this one.

PROS

Ahrefs makes it very easy to get literally loads of very reliable and informative data which helps me to make the best decisions possible when it comes to SEO content strategy. The backlinks reporting features are particularly useful for understanding where backlink growth is coming from organically. Keyword research section of the tool is pretty much perfect, especially in comparison to other leading tools.

CONS

Honestly the credits system is a bit of a pain, it was better before when the only thing that was limited was the number of data exports you could run.

Hi Jon, Thanks for taking the time to leave an honest review. We're thrilled to hear that you're getting tons of value from our toolset. Thank you as well for being transparent about your views on the credit system. We'll be sure to pass on your feedback to the rest of the team. :)

Replied April 2024

Max

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

10 tools in 1. Great value & Highly versatile

It's cutting edge, it's affordable, and it offers so many gizmos and gadgets you could never feel like you're extracting more value than it's offering.

PROS

Ahrefs is a very-near-complete expert SEO tool suite. For the price you pay and the value you get, you have to be fairly bad at SEO to not get an ROI on your investment. I think one of the great struggles with these tools is an intuitive user experience, and despite how clunky their interface might look, I think they have drawn a very nice balance between functionality and useability.

CONS

Local SEO. In my opinion, it's it's biggest and most relevant weakness. Tools like bright local massively outperform it's local KW reporting (being able to create radius-based map pack KW ranking reports), and tools like SEMrush generally outperform it here. Ahrefs still does not have a way to track map pack rankings, in any capacity. It's a huge capabilities gap in my opinion. One that can make or break a use case for the tool. I also think ScreamingFrog outperforms their crawler by having a centralized user interface and more in-depth features, however, given that the site audit and web crawler feature was not their primary function to begin with, I am very impressed with what they offer.

Reason for choosing Ahrefs

BrightEdge was too expensive. It was also a new user interface for too many people at my company. Not enough familiarity.

Reasons for switching to Ahrefs

Simple: not as much depth to their products. Features were lacking. I also felt like their KW volume measurements were not as accurate.

Hi Max! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. And thank you for the kind words about the balance between functionality and usability on our interface. We hear you loud and clear about our local SEO capabilities. We're working hard behind the scenes to see how we can improve this experience for our users in the future. Thanks again for taking the time to leave a review and for your honesty!

Replied August 2023

Mike

Reviewed November 2022

AHrefs for me still the KING for SEO research and a big plus in backlink research

For our team this tool saved us ALOT of time, i was able to teach translators also to work with this tool to do specific keyword research for their country. And the training was needed because overall it's not a "easy tool" but a professional tool. That will cover all the needs of SEO/SEA/SEM experts.

PROS

There are many tools on the markt, but Ahrefs gives you all the things you need to do a in depth SEO research. We have been using is for competition/keyword and backlink research for multiple countries and with the data we where able make the best content and tweaks needed.

CONS

The made some big changes on the subscriptions, we still have legacy but if we change we would LOSE alot of options... For us it would be a downgrade... Also keyword tracking can become PRICY when you want to track more then 5000 keywords (multiple countries).

Reasons for switching to Ahrefs

We had to many tools, so we needed to look for a compleet tool, or just drop some. In the end we picked Ahrefs due to the big need of backlink research and a compleet database in multiple languages. After alot of testing and comparing SEMRush and Ahrefs came on top, with for us Ahrefs a bit better.

Happy to know you're enjoying Ahrefs, Mike! We took the decision to change our pricing model after we thoroughly studied the actual usage data. Based on it, we discovered that 80% of our paying customers wouldn't be affected by it. Hence, we went for a pricing model that motivates people to pay more for the features they get value from. We agree though that this might not work for everyone and apologize for that. Should you have any further questions, please reach us at support@ahrefs.com and we'll be happy to help.

Manuel Ángel

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed October 2022

A very comprehensive and user-friendly SEO toolkit

I have had a great experience with Ahrefs. The software is easy to use and the features are very helpful. The customer service is also great. I would definitely recommend Ahrefs to others.For example, the last day in the office, talking with a client that had a website that was not ranking well in Google for any relevant keywords. After conducting a keyword research, we found a set of keywords that had low competition and were relevant to the client's business. We then used Ahrefs to create a link-building campaign and improve the website's on-page SEO. After several months, the website was ranking on the first page of Google for all of the targeted keywords.

PROS

he most appealing aspect of Ahrefs is its comprehensive and easy-to-use features. As a Seo Specialist, I find the Site Explorer, Keywords Explorer, and Content Explorer to be particularly useful in helping me understand my website's ranking and content performance. Additionally, the Ahrefs blog is a great resource for staying up-to-date on the latest industry news and trends.

CONS

The price is the only thing I didn't like about Ahrefs. It's a bit pricey, but it's worth it for the features and data it provides.

Reasons for switching to Ahrefs

The two tools are very similar in terms of features and price. However, Ahrefs is slightly better in terms of features and support.

Sharing your client's success story with us is heart-warming, Manuel, thank you! Stay tuned for more awesome features that are currently being developed. And if you have any further suggestions, please drop us a line at support@ahrefs.com. We're open to feedback! :)

Khan Md Mohaiuminul Islam

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Best valued keyword research tool especially for backlink analysis.

After years of using other tools and being frustrated by lack of data , Ahrefs solved this problem. One of my client from MENA region (Middle east), its very hard to get enough data for keyword research, Ahrefs big data storage helps me to solve this issue. For search engine optimization industry ,i have to say Ahrefs is indispensable tool, i can not able to think any other tool to replace in near future. Seo audit, examining the competition and identifying quality backling improves the SEO planning. Feels like it is over priced but it helps me too much.

PROS

Ahref interface is user and beginner friendly, able to do keyword research of around 10 nos different search engine. My website pages backlinks can easily trackable. Content gap section provides good information,by assessing this section incan identify the content gap and work on it. Competitor analysis, backlink analysis, SEO audit is my problem area , Ahrefs solved this problem perfectly.

CONS

I did not find any big issue, price is little overpriced. Last time it also reduces the quote. Every tools perfect tutorial can improve our user experience, for beginner its little bit confusing which tool to use.

Reasons for switching to Ahrefs

Backlink analysis the best tool of Ahref, to view competitor backlink.

Thank you for the thorough feedback, Khan! We always giggle when we read about practical use cases from our customers. As for the pricing, I would like to point out that we have one of the most active web crawlers on the Internet according to CloudflareRadar (https://radar.cloudflare.com/verified-bots) and the largest index of live backlinks. We didn't mention the hardware and human costs of crawling and indexing the Internet since 2010, which might come off as hidden costs. Not to mention the features and improvements we're constantly making. That being said, our pricing helps us provide a sustainable business model that's based on actual data usage. Hope the pricing is more clear now! :) Andrei

Replied September 2022

Habib

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2022

The Swiss knife for SEO

I just can't express enough how powerful and important this tool is. It helps me outrank my competitors by finding their lackings and building links from their backlink profiles. It's a tool that can't be replaced with any other tool on the market, but this one is quite expensive I might say. There are tons of features like site audit, and keyword explorer and each one of these features comes in handy in the case of SEO.

PROS

If you are an SEO you must be heard of this software before, this one got the biggest database of backlinks in the world, I can't think of a day without it. It helps me like nothing else in the world in case of finding link-building opportunities. Helps me to audit and optimize my websites and outrank the competitors easily. For anyone taking SEO seriously, this is a must-have tool for sure. Data accuracy is the best in the market and reliable.

CONS

Too expensive for beginners, and there the limitations with the basic packages.

Reasons for switching to Ahrefs

Ahrefs have the most accurate and reliable on-time data, which makes me switch the platform.

Nathan

Reviewed August 2023

Best on the market but not for everyone

Really good software but not for everyone, for big companies it's really good but for smaller companies with less budget I don't think it worth it.

PROS

The most complete software for SEO competitors research and market research.

CONS

The price was too much, the cheaper plan is more expensive than some premium tier plans on competitors and still lack features.

Reasons for switching to Ahrefs

Lack of features on Ubersuggest, also Ahrefs have better data.

Thank your for your thoughts, Nathan! Would you mind sharing the competitors that you compared our lowest tier plan, please?

Replied August 2023

Olivia

Cosmetics, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2021

One of the Best Tools for Keywords

Overall I think it's a great tool which is actually quite addictive! If it wasn't for the high cost I would probably have kept my subscription. I had great results with my keyword research and also for finding articles that would rank well on Pinterest.

PROS

This is a good tool for finding keywords and monitoring your backlinks. I mainly used it to look at my competitor's keywords and domain rating and also monitor my backlinks. Overall it is excellent if you want to monitor how your website is doing over time and receive alerts when you have new keywords ranking. I also found it helpful to find low competition keywords to help my posts rank better. I also like that you are able to cancel your subscription easily if you want to unlike some of Ahref's competitors who make cancelling complicated!

CONS

It's really very expensive and I've found other tools that are less expensive that do what I need them to do with finding keywords. I think Ahrefs is the best but it's so expensive that I can't justify paying the cost. Also if you are new to keyword research it's quite complicated. Ahrefs have a youtube channel and lots of help so that you can learn how to use it but there are still other tools which are much easier for beginners.

Reasons for switching to Ahrefs

I didn't like that this company made it so difficult to cancel your subscription. Also the reports it generated had errors in them and the customer service didn't seem able to help. Ahrefs was much better in my experience.

Deyan

Internet, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Ahrefs review

Overall, we are happy with Ahrefs, despite its flaws.

PROS

What I like most about Ahrefs is that it's an all-in-one tool. We mostly use it for keyword research, competitor analysis, and the technical health of our websites. It also serves as a starting point for our outreach campaigns. Customer support is also responsive and helpful.

CONS

It's a bit complicated, and although their team tried to do the UI as intuitive as possible, the sheer amount of features make it difficult to use. Training new employees to use its full potential takes too much time. Additionally, it updates slowly, so the data you see on your dashboard is outdated. For example - I managed to remove over a million backlinks from a spammy website. It took ahrefs well over 3 months to "realize" they are gone.

Reason for choosing Ahrefs

Better for linking strategies and better at find technical problems.

Thank you for your feedback, Deyan! As an all-in-one toolset, the platform can be difficult for first-time users. Besides the UI tooltips, you can also reference our Academy (https://ahrefs.com/academy) and Help page (https://help.ahrefs.com/en/) to speed up the onboarding process. Our support team is also reachable in-app or at support@ahrefs.com in case you have further questions. As for the spammy backlinks, and backlinks in general, our crawler indexes some pages faster and more often than others. The speed of crawling and updating specific pages also depends on their URL Rating (UR). Pages with lower UR have a lower chance of getting indexed and updated more often, as compared to pages with a high rating. In the meantime, you can disavow the spammy backlinks so that they are hidden. The disavow function is available on the dashboard, to the right of each project. You can then export the disavow file from Ahrefs and upload it to GSC. Hope this helps!

Skyler

Writing and Editing, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2022

Ahrefs is the best and only SEO tool you need for keyword research

Ahrefs has helped me with keyword research for a new blog to develop a content strategy for the next 6 months and determine what content to prioritize and focus on. It has also been very helpful with competitor research to find keyword ideas I would never have thought of. I also use it to track position rankings and backlinks.

PROS

Ahrefs is the best SEO tool for keyword research and competitor analysis. I've tried other software like SEMRush and Moz but found that Ahrefs is the most accurate regarding keyword difficulty. I also like the backlink tracking, as well as competitive research tools to find keyword ideas from competitors as well as backlink suggestions.

CONS

There is a bit of a steep learning curve to get started, and at first, Ahefs interface can seem quite overwhelming and intimidating, as if there is perhaps too much information. However, Ahrefs have excellent YouTube training resources that help you understand all the important features and feel comfortable using Ahrefs within a couple of hours. There are also great tutorials for people completely new to SEO. Although to take advantage of Ahrefs' most important features, you need to pay for the Standard Plan, which is quite expensive for small businesses, startups, and bloggers compared to the Lite plan. There is also no longer a paid trial version available.

Reason for choosing Ahrefs

SEMRush and Ahrefs are, in my opinion, the 2 leaders in SEO software. I tried SEMRush with a free 7-day trial, but I found for keyword research, Ahrefs is a lot more accurate in terms of keyword difficulty and where I should focus my time and energy on certain keywords for content writing.

Appreciate the kind words, Skyler! Pricing-wise, please note that the Standard plan is more suitable for seasoned SEOs, not necessarily startups. Indeed, we've discontinued the trial. But people who want to convince themselves about the value of Ahrefs can use our free plan. With the free plan, you can use Site Explorer and Site Audit for free for all your verified projects - sign up here: https://ahrefs.com/webmaster-tools We also have a bunch of free tools under our free tools hub: https://ahrefs.com/free-seo-tools These should serve as a "soft trial" for starters.

Replied October 2022

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed November 2022

All In One SEO/ SEM Research and Optimization Tool

As a digital marketer that manages SEO and PPC campaigns for clients, Ahrefs is an essential tool for providing value and good results for my clients. The amount of keyword data provided within Ahrefs is unmatched by similar tools. We have improved all of our clients "website score" and they have seen the results with more traffic and better leads.

PROS

The software contains so many features for keyword research, website optimization, link building, competitor tracking and so much more. The best part about the software is that the more I use it, the better the results are that I can provide my clients. My favorite tool is the "content gap" functionality which provides us with the websites where our competitors are linked so we are able to go after those websites or similar websites.

CONS

There is a huge learning curve because the software contains so many features and ways to use the software. Additionally, the software can get very expensive because of the number of licenses our business requires.

Reason for choosing Ahrefs

More features, better data and more overall functionality than any of the competitors.

"The best part about the software is that the more I use it, the better the results are that I can provide my clients." This made our day - thank you! ^^ About your concerns, we heard you Abby. In fact, we're in the process of updating all of our How to Ahrefs documentation for all new Site Explorer 2.0 reports. So stay tuned! You can also follow our social channels where we're posting short explainer videos about each new functionality. For any questions you might have, don't hesitate to ping us at support@ahrefs.com. We're always happy to help out :)

Richard

Reviewed May 2019

100% Recommended to SEO Experts

Overall, our experience with Ahrefs was positive. While the team's customer service could be better - the actual tool is powerful. It's truly an SEO expert's perfect tool. It has some of the best insights available - and the company is constantly expanding their efforts. Recently, they updated their content explorer system, making it more comprehensive. For our agency, we were able to really fine-tune our keywords and find great linking opportunities. If you are looking for a program to capitalize and do the same, Ahrefs is a great place to start.

PROS

- Amazing backlinking tool - Easy to understand keyword search system - Ability to track keyword rankings by the minute - Quality reporting tool - 7-day trial for first timers - Company sends valuable training information - Daily support if needed

CONS

- Can be complicated for first-time SEO users - Its design is simple and a bit mundane. - Customer service is not the friendliest.

Reason for choosing Ahrefs

I firmly believe that, as an SEO expert, we should be knowledgable of all tools that are available on the market. I took a chance with Ahrefs to see what the hype as about. Truthfully, it's a beneficial tool - providing some of the best insight, specifically regarding backlinking - helping to highlight linking opportunities against the competition.

Mert

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Marketing Analysis with Ahrefs

I am using Ahrefs to understand my competitors website and their marketing strategy. I use template dashboard to report my customers about their website health.

PROS

Ahrefs is important tool for market analysis, to understand your competitors and their marketing strategy. You can define your marketing strategy with it's features.

CONS

Ahrefs should have more feature for social media analysis to understand competitors behaviour.

Reasons for switching to Ahrefs

Semrush has more marketing analysis feature to use.

Happy to know we help you proactively define your marketing strategy :) Could you write us at support@ahrefs.com about the social media features you're talking about? Even better, you can write or upvote these feature suggestions on our canny page: https://ahrefs.canny.io/ The more votes a feature suggestion gets, the likelier our product team will consider it when reviewing the product roadmap. Thank you!

Replied August 2022