Browse Mouseflow Reviews

Crystal from Surety Solutions, LLC

Great For Recording Iframes

Pros

We use Mouseflow primarily for its user recording tool. Originally, we used Hotjar, but a major part of our website is hosted in an iframe, and Hotjar did not have iframe functionality. We reached out to Mouseflow to see if they had iframe recording functionality and they do. The user recording tool is straight forward. There is no learning curve. It allows you to speed up the recording, skip ahead, plus it tracks clicks, taps, dead time (where the user is not actively doing anything on the screen), click rage, etc. One of our favorite features it the auto-tag feature. Recordings are automatically tagged for you with tags like "click rage" or "payment" or "click error". This is helpful for skimming through recordings and only watching the ones that include tags which are important to you. We have reached out to support numerous times. They are always prompt and kind.

Cons

One of our biggest cons is the endless scroll option in the user recording tool. It seems silly, but when you are scrolling and scrolling, the page gets bogged down. It makes sorting through recordings slow and arduous.

Response from Mouseflow

Replied July 2020

Hello Crystal, Thank you very much for your review and feedback. We are sorry it took is this long to get back to you. We have made performance improvements when browsing through the recording list since you left your review, and we hope you have stuck around to enjoy these improvements. If not, we'v love to have you back and give it another try :). Thank you again for your feedback and rating. We appreciate your support!

Ann from Ann Marie Walts

Very Easy To Use & Great Visual Drill downs

See above. Customer Service is very attentive.

Pros

I'm am very grateful to have stumbled upon Mouseflow. I really love their dashboards, and how visual the drill-down capabilities are. I was quite happy with my other company, until they pushed out a beta version that did not suit my needs. That is what prompted me to search for a new heatmap software. I'm finicky about dashboards. I started the a trial with Mouseflow, and did not jump to buy their product until I could see what kind of data it would provide to my business. I love all of the different ways, now, that I will be able to analyze my website design changes. In particular, I love their "scroll" feature that will show you how far your customers are actually engaging with a page. Oh, .........and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the fact that I do not have to MANUALLY set up a heatmap as I did with my past provider. Once you put the code in your site........Mouseflow goes to work! I have already used a feedback form and had engagement, too. I would highly recommend Mouseflow.

Cons

I have been fully testing Mouseflow for almost 2 weeks, and cannot come up with any negatives, at this time.

Reasons for Switching to Mouseflow

Hotjar's latest Beta version required that I manually, and continually have to enter the url that I wanted data from. That was bothersome to me, in my opinion.

Response from Mouseflow

Replied January 2021

Hello Ann, Thank you so much for giving us such favorable and comprehensive review. We are very happy to see that you have found our product convenient and easy to us. Glad to have you with us!

David from Your Aussie Life

Just an overall sotfware

If you just have an overall expirience and slow software you can choose Mouseflow, I wouldn't recommend this to a friend never.

Pros

They recording system is good with proper stadistics

Cons

The filters to search data are very dificult to use, and have mane outstanding problems, sometimes we can't see the recordings for hours, and is also pretty slow

Response from Mouseflow

Replied January 2020

Hi David, Thanks so much for taking the time to review Mouseflow. Since your review we have re-designed the filters and added significant more flexibility. I encourage you to sign-up for a new free trial and review a the improvements introduced into Mouseflow.

Vilius from Epik.lt

Very useful product, great customer service

We are constantly changing our user interfce according to the findings from this tool, and our conversion rates are growing. I used a lot of similar tools in the past (e.g. HotJar, VWO Insights, Freshmarketer and other toools), but nothing comes close to what Mouseflow can offer. We are very happy with the tool and couldn't recommend it more.

Pros

It's easy to use. It has the whole package of user flow. The thing that I like most is funnels. It's great that you can create them and watch videos retrospectively. You cannot get that from the other products. The thing that it records sessions and creates hetmaps automatically is gold worth.

Cons

It would be great if this tool was "jack-of-all-trades" and you could do a/b testing with it too, but it would be too much to ask for 41 tool to do everything right. But I assume, that if this team will think of doing that, they'd do a great job on that too.

Reasons for Choosing Mouseflow

They idnt have proper working funnels and retrospective recordings, which was a must for us.

Reasons for Switching to Mouseflow

Response from Mouseflow

Replied May 2021

Hi Vilius, Thank you for sharing your review and feedback with us. We are pleased to have you! We have passed along your request to the product team, and we'll be sure to shoot you an update if things move in that direction :). See you around!

Mark from Big Income Small Lists

Game Changing Software

Very good, support was excellent and the product works very well

Pros

Mouseflow is superb when it comes to seeing how people progress through your site. We've been able to make many changes that all helped increase sales

Cons

Initially navigation was a bit weird but soon got the hang of it

Reasons for Choosing Mouseflow

Ease of use, support and overall peformance

Reasons for Switching to Mouseflow

We tested both side by side and Mouseflow despite being more expensive was a much easier product to use

Response from Mouseflow

Replied August 2020

Hello there, Mark! Thank you very much for sharing your rating and feedback. We continue to make improvements on our onboarding flow to make it easier for people to take advantage of Mouseflow quickly. We appreciate your feedback on this. Thank you for choosing Mouseflow and for continuing to support our growth. See you around!

Scott from GOAT Risk Solutions

A powerful tool, yet simple to use and child's play to set up

Excellent. A breeze to install and use. Highly recommended.

Pros

The Heatmap functionality is fantastic. Quickly identify strengths and weaknesses on any page by analysing visitor behaviour across multiple parameters such as: 'Live' 'Click' 'Scroll' 'Movement' & 'Attention - and then take action to A/B test your site and make improvements. You can even watch recordings of every visitor and how they interact with your site!

Cons

There are quite a few limitations in the 'Free Forever' plan, but then again, what would you expect on that plan? There needs to functionality incentives to upgrade at cost, or no-one ever would! We may well upgrade in the coming weeks/months once we have decided exactly what we need from the platform.

Reasons for Choosing Mouseflow

The Free Forever plan and what appeared to be a more intuitive interface and installation process.

Response from Mouseflow

Replied August 2021

Hi there, Scott, Thank you for your thorough review. We enjoyed reading it :). We appreciate you for choosing us for your behavior analytics tool. We'd love to hear more about how could you improve our Free Forever plan. Perhaps you could fire up a chat in the app, or send us an email to support@mouseflow.com so that we can chat? Looking forward to it!

Eric from Darby Works, Inc.

Robust Software at A Great Price

Overall, great experience.

Pros

Integration was easy and online training videos really help you sort through all the data that Mouseflow collects. There are quite a few filters and custom tags and the ability to save filter reports helps expedite my research.

Cons

Since there is so much data to pour over, it would be great to have prebuilt reports and alerts that help give you a game plan of how to take action on the issues you uncover. Some of these action items were mentioned in passing on the screencast training videos, but I had to take notes to remind myself of the things I am looking for once I started digging into all the recordings and heat maps. Again, there is so much good data that Mouseflow collects. The question is: Where to start?

Reasons for Choosing Mouseflow

I had experience using Mouseflow with another client.

Response from Mouseflow

Replied January 2021

Hello Eric, Thank you very much for sharing your rating and thoughts about your experience with Mouseflow. We know that there is a but of a learning curve, and we are making an extra effort in providing more guidance through the onboarding process. We'll keep your feedback in mind to make some adjustments. If you ever feel stuck, please fire up a chat inside the app and we'll do our best to lend you a hand. Talk to you soon!

Mihael from Micro Jingles

Industry: Music

Amazing software

It's amazing! I like it and will suggest to all of you!

Pros

I found this software very useful when trying to solve particular problem on a website. Specially when a problem occurs on user end.

Cons

None, all I use is nice, easy to use and helpful

Reasons for Choosing Mouseflow

It was easier to implement on site. The price was cheaper then and dashboard is looking nice and easy to use.

Response from Mouseflow

Replied February 2021

Hello Mihael, Thank you for reviewing us. We appreciate your support! See you around.

Leonardo from Vivex

MouseFlow is Great!

It works for starting measure my website

Pros

it is very User friendly and user experience is good

Cons

the Prices is too expensive We can not afford it at begining.

Reasons for Choosing Mouseflow

I think mouseflow free plan is a little better than hotjar

Ghislaine from LKAB Minerals B.V.

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Easy to use tracking software

Mouseflow gives a good insight into the website visitors movements on our pages. This helps us to improve pages and page flows.

Pros

I like to possibility to define which page flows you are interested in afterwards - you don't have to wait for results.

Cons

Cannot think of what I don't like about this software

Reasons for Switching to Mouseflow

Hotjar had a negative effect on website speed. And you have to pre-define what pages or flows you want to follow and then wait for the results.

Response from Mouseflow

Replied January 2021

Hello Ghislaine, Thank you for sharing your review :). We are glad to have you! We know how important site speed is, so we have made Mouseflow so that it doesn't have a negative effect on it. As we record all your website visits, your data becomes available very fast so that you can jump right in. Have you tried funnels and forms? You can build these retroactively so you don't have to remember to set them up either ;). We are around if you need us. Just fire up a chat inside the app and we'll be right with you. See you soon!

Paul from Server Academy

Best user recordings available

Pros

The recordings are incredible. One example - I received an email from a user who experienced an issue on the site, but didn't provide any details. I was able to locate his recording and see the exact error who receive - then fix the issue without having to ask the user for more information. I also love how all the pages they visit are organized into one recording so you can quickly skip between the pages they visit. MouseFlow also does a great job at ensuring end user privacy by automatically blocking users sensitive data, and allowing you to add additional CSS selectors to things you don't want to track that might not be ignored by their software. You can auto opt out of recording GDPR users and much more. We have tried others and this is the best product on the market!

Cons

I wish it was a little easier to modify the heatmaps. Sometimes we have a popup that will be on top of the heatmap or animated elements don't appear because the animations have not completed when the page snapshot was taken. In my experience a quick message to their support will fix the issue.

Response from Mouseflow

Replied February 2021

Hello Paul, Thank you for such an awesome review. We love that you got to locate the issue and solve it through our session replay. I can see that your problems with the popup overlays in heatmaps have been solved. Anytime you run into any issues, don't hesitate to contact our support staff :). Talk to you soon!

Dawn from Twice Sheared Sheep

Absolutely invaluable tool for my business

The people at Mouseflow have been wonderful. When I quickly ran out of recordings for my free trial, they were happy to add more recordings for me so that I could get a better picture of how invaluable it is and of course I ended up paying for a full plan. The data I receive from Mouseflow is absolutely invaluable. It's like having cameras set up in my shop to see exactly what my customers are doing and how I can help them better. I can't imagine running a website without it now.

Pros

I LOVE the ability to watch a customer's journey through my website. To see what they are actually clicking on, where they are scrolling, and what information they never actually see. It is also invaluable for troubleshooting. I have had customers email me for months telling me that they were having problems checking out on the website, but I could never re-create the problem to be able to fix it. With Mouseflow I was able to find the recording for the exact user and watch their full session to see exactly what was happening and fix it immediately. I have made quite a few major fixes and minor tweaks based on the recordings from Mouseflow that have drastically improved my customer's experiences.

Cons

There seem to still be some issues with the software. Frequently I'll click on a recording to watch it and receive an error that the recording had trouble loading. It always seems to be on the videos that I really need to watch.

Response from Mouseflow

Replied April 2021

Hello Dawn, Thank you very much for your review and for sharing your Mouseflow experience. When you run into these issues, please fire up a chat in the app to reach our support team so that they can take a closer look. It is very likely that the data is there, but for whatever reason we had a small hiccup with showing you the recording. We appreciate having you with us. Talk soon!

Nicole from hepster / Moinsure GmbH

Data protection, the most importent stuff for us!

Pros

Mouseflow was easy to set up and use. Perfect overview of useflow and interactions. Perfect to have "Friction" marker. Good point to look deeper into a userflow ...

Cons

You need an account for each domain. Crossdomain-tracking not that easy.

Response from Mouseflow

Replied January 2021

Hello Nicole, Thank you for reviewing us and for sharing your feedback. You don't need an account for each domain you'd like to track. Depending on the plan you are on, you can add multiple domains with distinct tracking codes for each under the same account. Please fire up a chat with support in the app so that we can go over your setup and help you get to where you want to be. Look forward to chatting with you.

Paul from Paul Elwood Guitar Coach

Industry: Music

mouseflow is integral to my business as a sole proprietor who manages their own website.

I use mouseflow every day! as a sole proprietor whos website is my primary way of reaching new customers, being able to see exactly how the site is being used is incredibly valuable to me! I can check commonly visited pages, looking for errors and based on the users activity, I can make changes aimed at streamlining their interactions. I highly recommend this product!!!

Pros

This is very easy to use but any time I have had a problem the support has been just excellent.

Cons

really the only thing I would say is that for the free trial if you have a site that gets a ton of traffic, you can go through your credits pretty quickly. and in some cases the throttled results might not be particularly useful.

Response from Mouseflow

Replied February 2021

Hello Paul, Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We are glad to be of support for you and your business. Keep rocking! Let us know if you need anything in the future.

Shivendra from CTS

Great tool to plugin to understand user reaction on web site

Greta tool . I loved it and it overall helped to increase the traffic by knowing user interactions behavior . Easy to use and can be plugged in in few min. Licensing is also moderate is worth using it. i recommend it for online marketing .

Pros

Mouseflow tool is easy to plugin into web site with little effort. Admin Portal helps us to see many kind of reports like Session replay ,Visitor details , click behavior etc. Apart from that it provides many other information like browser, device, geographic information, Time spent which helps business to understand users behavior and improve overall experience . Configuring funnel and using to analysis also a great feature

Cons

Overall is good experience , however I think for small marketing client licensing is little at high side. Apart from that looks good to me

Reasons for Switching to Mouseflow

Not all the features which we were looking for

Response from Mouseflow

Replied August 2021

Hi Shivendra, Thank you very much for sharing your Mouseflow experience on Capterra. We'd love to explore more of our partnership options with you. Could you please email us at partners@mouseflow.com? We look forward to hearing back from you.

Safa from Kolayyolla

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Great Service

Pros

I really like the simplicity of the recordings page. It gives me all that i need in a clean and fast way. I used smartlook too but the ui interface it was way to shiny and not productive. I really liked mouse flow

Cons

it could have been great if the paid version was a little bit cheaper. Or They have a speacial pricing for countries that has a week currency against us dollars

i just wrote up

Response from Mouseflow

Replied August 2021

Hi Safa, Thank you for your glowing recommendation and from picking us as an alternative to Smartlook. We'd love to hear more about your case and traffic needs to see what's the best plan for you. Could you shoot us an email to sales@mouseflow.com? We look forward to your message

Philip from Openocean

Best in class software

We managed to solve checkout issues, problems with our landing page and many other things where Analytics was no help in actually understanding user issues.

Pros

After trying more than 4 different tracking tools to support my Google Analytics efforts, Mouseflow has won all competition.

Cons

Honestly... I think Mouseflow is one of the best pieces of software I've used in a long time.

Reasons for Choosing Mouseflow

Simpler interface and more useful features.

Response from Mouseflow

Replied January 2020

Hi Philip, Thanks so much for taking the time to review Mouseflow. We are happy to read that you're getting a great value from our tool.

Igor from Qantum Themes S.L.

Only a fool can go without MouseFlow, is a must for any web business!

I was used to other similar softwares, and yesterday I decided to look for a better one. Once I saw how much more I could have learnt from this app, I decided to install it immediately. I run a WordPress ecommerce and the installation was pretty much instantaneous: copy and paste, and you're done! The data immediately started to flow in and it was SO interesting!

Pros

You can really see the user behavior with 100% accuracy and fix your website mistakes based on the intel. It's incredibly precise and display the information with different scales of measurement at once. Is not only intuitive to use but also very precise. When you do a website, knowing the user behavior is crucial: people never act as you would have expected. This can cost a company MILLIONS. Only this tool can make the difference from wasting money and earning them.

Cons

Can't imagine anything I didn't like. If I really nee to say something, sometimes the site doesn't load correctly in the iframe, but a refresh fixes.

Reasons for Switching to Mouseflow

More precision in the data

Response from Mouseflow

Replied February 2021

Hi Igor, Thank you so much for your review. We love having you on the platform. See you around!

If you're looking for a way to understand what users are doing on your website, look no further!

Pros

Often times in marketing, it is often difficult to understand how users are using your website. And most of the time, it becomes a guessing game. Most tools provide heatmaps on regions most clicked by users, but with Mouseflow, you will be able to study the complete users journey. (It is literally one of the best asset that you have for your digital marketing!)

Cons

Which that downloading the recordings would be much easier.

Reasons for Choosing Mouseflow

The thing about builder website is always speed of building and the flexibility in terms of customising platforms for mobile-devices. And the biggest headache that marketers would often have is why is my page not converting? > And having mouseflow is like having the biggest key to understand behavior of users on your page.

Response from Mouseflow

Replied January 2021

Hello there! Thank you very much for sharing your experience with Mouseflow on Capterra. We are glad you are finding our product useful. One useful feature on Mouseflow for Digital Marketers is the ability to segment your data by UTM parameters. If you are using them on your campaign, Mouseflow will automatically pick them and make them available as part of the variables filter ;). If you ever need some help, please fire up a chat inside the app and we'll be right with you! See you around :).

Mira from Carl's Wine Club

Industry: Wine and Spirits

Great product that helps you troubleshoot!

Mouseflow helps us achieve 10-30x the industry average conversion rates on our various pages.

Pros

Mouseflow is great to not only help you understand how your customers are interacting with your site, but also to track metrics and understand how to increase conversions.

Cons

I haven't found any challenges with the software at this point.

Response from Mouseflow

Replied May 2021

Hi Mira, Thank you for continuing to support Mouseflow! We love having you around. Let us know if you need anything by firing up a chat inside the app. See you around!

Daniel from OMP Trade GmbH

Industry: Wholesale

Mouseflow is a very useful tool for online shops

Pros

It was fairly easy to implement in our existing webshop. I like that you really can see how long customers are on webpage and what they. You also see very easily what you can improve in your shop. I like the fact that it is quite cheap compared to the high outcome you have.

Cons

Honestly, there is nothing I can add on that. It is very customer friendly to use.

Response from Mouseflow

Replied January 2021

Hi Daniel, Thank you for sharing your experience with Mouseflow. See you around!

Andrew from Ridown

Essential to see whats going on

We use Mouseflow daily and find it good value for money and offer most of the features we would like.

Pros

Mouseflow is a critical tool for us, we need to see what is happening when we deploy new payment options or when we make changes and Mouseflow has helped us spot issues and has been invaluable.

Cons

I would like more filtering options ie visitor has been to page X but not Y

Response from Mouseflow

Replied March 2021

Hello Andrew, Thank you very much for your feedback and review. I have shared your feature request to the product team. We are going to be making a lot of improvements this year to our filtering options, so make sure you log into the app regularly to check it out. See you around!

Filippo from BitBang

The right balance between costs and features

Pros

Very easy to use and great in some features: heatmaps, recoring sessions, but most of all form analytics. Very interesting the balance between costs and features (also the new feedback module).

Cons

I expect integrations with other tools to be improved. The layout for the heatmap can be improved. Sometimes it does not correctly work for pages under login

Response from Mouseflow

Replied July 2020

Hi Filippo, it's been a while. We are truly sorry that we never got back to you until now. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback and for rating us. Ever since you wrote your review, we've made great improvements that address your pain points. We now have more than 300 integrations available :). Perhaps you stuck around with us, but if you didn't we'd love to have you back and take Mouseflow for a spin. We are sure it will be worth it and that you will enjoy it. Thanks!

Best way to review User Sessions

Being able to review across multiple device types, seeing through the form feature where customers may be having difficulty and getting a full view of my sales Funnel.

Pros

I love that I can set it up using Google Tag Manager and having to rely on my IT team edit the HTML on the site. This allows me to turn it off or on when needed and also the filters to view sessions such as tags.

Cons

My plan only allows me to have 6 sites and i have to remove it from Mouseflow's GUI to add as 7th site. I wish there was a feature to "freeze/put on hold" and add another site in place of it. This would still allow me to have 6 active sites but have 7+ configured.

Response from Mouseflow

Replied July 2020

Hi there! We are terribly sorry it took us this long to get back to you on your review. Thank you very much for taking the time to rate us. We'd love to find out more about your experience with customer support, as it seems to have been an issue. Sometimes things happen and we would like to learn from your experience. Could you perhaps shoot us a message at support@mouseflow.com and let us know what happened? We love the idea to "freeze/ put on hold". That's going right into the backlog ;). We look forward to hearing back from you, and thanks again for your review and feedback.

Bill from cadEnhance LLC

Industry: Computer Hardware

Mouseflow provides invaluable information on how users interact with your website

I was always trying to guess why visitors were not clicking through to my product pages from the company homepage... With mouseflow, I can see how visitors scroll through my pages and interact with the buttons which was really eye-opening For now, I am using the free version which is quite fully featured, so no complaints about cost :)

Pros

Mouseflow is so easy to integrate with your website, and the playback interface is efficient and very intuitive

Cons

I'm still trying to figure out why some known visits recorded from other tags on my website are not showing up as a recording

Response from Mouseflow

Replied August 2021

Hi, Bill, It's always exciting to hear how much value a customer gains with just a free trial. We're also thrilled to learn how easy your setup and integration went. In order to best help you with your recordings, please click the in-app chat icon and talk with our support team. There's nary a challenge they can't solve! Talk soon!

Laura from Muck Rack

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Great for first time user

Great - easy to use and gives good insight

Pros

Easy to customize and record the pages that were critical to my team to report/track

Cons

It runs through credits really fast. Wish there was a way to more easily customize combined heatmaps

Price and implementation

Response from Mouseflow

Replied May 2021

Hi Laura, Thank you very much for your review. We are glad to have you! Running our of credits fast is a very good symptom for your business :). Perhaps we should discuss if it makes sense to move to a bigger plan so you don't lose any critical information. We'll be in touch soon :).

Robert from Robert Santore, DBA Man Rabbit House LLC

Mouseflow: You're Missing Out If You're Not Using It!

Easy set up. Easy integration. Easy to use. Great reports. It's just great.

Pros

I have a successful e commerce business selling my original works of art and printed editions. Mouseflow enables me to "see" what users are doing in both recordings and real-time. Its critical in optimizing my site to make sure collectors can locate and purchase what they are looking for. This is the most important analytical tool I have implemented and can't see having a successful online presence without it.

Cons

Features seem complete. The Friction score is confusing as is the form Interact tag... perhaps I need to read the documentation. I'd also like to have the entry level plan allow 2 websites.

Reasons for Choosing Mouseflow

Easy set up. Easy integration. Easy to use. It's just great.

Response from Mouseflow

Replied February 2021

Hello Robert, Thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate your feedback too. If you run into any issues, please fire up a chat inside the app and support will be right with you to guide you. See you around!

Youssef from Faydety

Mouseflow help you to enhance your product

Pros

I can say that this tool will let you know where is the customer pain from the UI and UX and it's easy to see the actual behaviour of your users easily

Cons

The only cons I can see is the price and number of credits you get in your plan

Response from Mouseflow

Replied May 2021

Hello Youssef, Thank you very much for reviewing Mouseflow. We are glad to have you! We have some very cool pricing packages available, yet we know that sometimes they might not be what you need for your project. Perhaps we can chat about it in the app? Talk to you soon!

Steffen from VisBook AS

3 minute setup, implementation and immediate results

Pros

Easy setup, immediate results and most of all easy to use

Cons

Some features for the more complex SPA-setup we have could be better. Missing a feature for pages behind logins.

Function <> Price

Response from Mouseflow

Replied February 2021

Hello Steffen, Thank you for taking the time to review us. Mouseflow is quite flexible to accommodate complex cases. We'd love to take a look at your case to offer some assistance. Could you fire up a chat in the app or shoot us an email at support@mouseflow.com so that we can take a look together? Talk to you soon!

Gregory from Shoe Jumper

Pretty good site

Pros

Easy to use, and fairly cheap. I also thought it was helpful to gauge user interactions.

Cons

It's not good on mobile. I would like to be able to check recordings on my phone.

Response from Mouseflow

Replied February 2021

Hello Gregory, Thank you very much for sharing your rating and feedback. See you around!

Mark from Dyrees

Not a typical use case but a game changer for us

We are using the software to identify usability issues and software bugs in our application. We have a fairly complex UI and many reported issues were not reproduceable by us because our users could not clearly articulate the steps they took during their interactions. The session recording functionality has completely solved that issue for us. Our users can just report an issue and tell us the time it took place and we can they look at the recording and see exactly what happened.

Pros

The product is extremely easy to install and we started to pick up recordings straight away. The recordings are clear and well indexed. We have a very clear picture of what our users are doing and where they are experiencing problems.

Cons

The only thing I would change is that multiple interactions in the same recorded session are stamped with the session start + a number of hours and minutes. It would be easier for us to identify particular recordings if all interactions were stamped with the recording time. But this is really minor.

Reasons for Switching to Mouseflow

Predominantly pricing, Hotjar was far more expensive for us and did not capture every interaction.

Response from Mouseflow

Replied February 2021

Hello Mark, Thank you very much for reviewing us. We appreciate your support. We've passed along your feedback about time stamping the interactions to product. We'll keep you appraised if we release it in the future. See you around!

Soumyendro from Simplimed management services

Good but could cost lesser

good

Pros

The recordings feature with in-built privacy settings so that users cannot see the browsers entered data

Cons

heatmaps should use mobile as default since majority traffic is mobile

Response from Mouseflow

Replied February 2021

Hello Soumyendro, Thank you for sharing your review and feedback. We've passed along to request to product, and if it goes live we'll make sure to reach out and let you know :). See you around!

Florin from RedLineMultimedia

For Website managers and developers, if visitors not converting

Pros

Find out what visitors do on your website. Test A/B designs of your website Great testing for any marketing team and developer of any web-based product

Cons

Not always recording, or recording without viewport, you can see the user moving through the page but nothing showed to the viewer. Not compatible with all the caching system, my opinion.

Response from Mouseflow

Replied July 2020

Hi there, Florin! It took us a while to get back to you on your review, and for that we are sorry. Thank you very much for your support and giving us such a great review. We appreciate your feedback. It does sound that you encountered a bug of sorts that was preventing you to properly visualize your recordings. Our system is set up to show the recordings as the visitor sees it, so we hope that you raised the issue to our support team to help you sort it out. A lot has changed since you left your review, so we hope you have kept around to enjoy our improvements. If not, we'd love to see you back and experience Mouseflow again. Thank you again for your review and support!

Juan from Siuxy Sports

I have used other apps to track users, but Mouseflow worked out of the box in the best possible way

I'm using it every day. Many times a day.

Pros

The possibility to see exactly our customers behaviour.

Cons

Nothing to say. Once I've submitted a review directly to the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] , and they applied our recommendations. Great idea to let us communicate and submit our demands.

Reasons for Switching to Mouseflow

Easier to use, and accuracy on results.

Response from Mouseflow

Replied August 2021

Hello Juan, Thank you so much for taking the time to review us, and for providing us with feedback to improve our product. Please let us know if you need anything else. See you around.

Gowarthanan from CHOLAYIL PVT. LTD.

Industry: Cosmetics

Gives first hand insights on consumer behaviour

We've been able to tweak the flow of our website to improve the consumer experience while shopping. Mouseflow has been quite helpful in identifying the glitches that consumers face which otherwise we would have overseen. It's a must-have for those wanting to better their consumer experience.

Pros

Profiling of the user and the recording of every transaction helps in understanding the exact user behaviour on our website. Funnels which also gives a quick view of the dropouts helps in streamlining our flow to minimise dropouts.

Cons

Filter options could have been better. Limitation of 5 funnels is too low.

Reasons for Choosing Mouseflow

Response from Mouseflow

Replied May 2021

Hello Gowarthanan, Thank you very much for sharing your review and feedback with us. Our filter options are quite comprehensive, yet we know that it quite hard to cover every case. We'll follow up with you internally to learn more about what you are trying to achieve and improve our filtering. Talk to you soon!

Worthwhile Heat Mapping Tool

Overall, I'd recommend the tool. The price point is good for what you get and we use it on a regular basis to keep track of our website's usability with actual customers.

Pros

Mouseflow is a great tool for heat mapping and session recordings. I frequently watch user sessions to see how our customers interact with our website, or see how they react if we modify something on a common page like the homepage. The heat mapping is also useful, since other free tools don't always give an accurate picture.

Cons

We have Javascript on our website, which isn't always picked up by the Mouseflow tool. So it can be difficult in those cases to see what's happening. However, usually this is minor.

Response from Mouseflow

Replied January 2020

Thanks so much for taking the time to review Mouseflow. We are happy to read that you're getting a great value from our tool. You can find a guidance on various javascript challenges from our Support Center at: https://support.mouseflow.com/

Benjamin from User.com

The ultimate tool for monitoring your traffic and optimizing flows.

Super useful team, would recommend!

Pros

Super easy to implement and get up and running. Having the heat map overlay on your site, you can make tons of adjustments and see you pain points that clients are having issues with. It's also crazy to see how painful you want your users to click or visit some area in particular, and with optimization you can make it work for your benefit.

Cons

No issues so far, looking to see what the team adds in the future!

Response from Mouseflow

Replied September 2020

Hello Benjamin, Thank you very much for sharing your feedback and rating. We are working a some exciting features coming up. Make sure you follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to keep up-to-date with our releases. See you around!

Brian from findCRA

Gain great insights into your webflow.

It's been a great tool to support our web development and product enhancements. It also allows to provide great customer service and troubleshoot issues for our clients.

Pros

This software allows us to quickly view sessions on our website installs to help us determine if our features and services are supporting customer engagement and interaction. We can view user sessions to see what people are liking, interacting with and getting stuck on.

Cons

Sometimes, it's hard to tie a user to their session, especially since our service has multiple installs. Each time the user leaves one install and moves to the next, a new recording is created.

Response from Mouseflow

Replied October 2020

Hello Brian, Thank you for the review, we really appreciate your support! Custom variables could potentially solve your challenge - we allow users to tag recordings with any data from their end. If you have users id's you could pass them along to our system and be able to filter recordings by those variables (in this case user ids). If this is something interesting for you, please shoot us a message and we'll assist you with this!

Crystal from Surety Solutions, LLC

Pricier Than Some, But Still A Good Asset

Pros

We've only just started using Mouseflow. Originally we were using a different option, but chose to move to Mouseflow because they were able to support iframe session recordings. So far, pros include: -Being able to record (and SEE) what users are doing in an iframe -Lots of features (we probably are not using Mouseflow to its full potential) -Easy to set up

Cons

I don't like the fact that you can't add notes to recordings for other people on your team to see/read later. I also am not a huge fan of the layout. There's a lot going on with Mouseflow, which is great, but there's definitely a learning curve. Also kind of a bummer that with the iframe recording, you pay for 2x the recordings. (1 recording is what is outside the iframe, 1 recording is the actual iframe.) So for us, this meant we had to go into the next pricing plan. Not super happy about that, but that's what it takes.

Response from Mouseflow

Replied January 2020

Dear Crystal Thanks so much for taking the time to review Mouseflow. We are happy to read that you're getting a great value from our tool. Today, Mouseflow will allow you to add notes to recordings just fine. With the Mouseflow Live Heatmaps you are able to keep your iFrames visible during overlay of our heatmaps.

Alan from E4L

I like to know where my prospects are and ...

Pros

... Mouseflow enables me to do so. Too few words, they say, too few words

Cons

Ability to contact inquirers Too few words, they say, too few words

Response from Mouseflow

Replied August 2021

Hi, Alan, Thank you for sharing your experience with Mouseflow. Understanding your users' journey through your website is key to optimizing and delivering more value. We're happy we can help. If you have further questions, our support team is always happy to assist. Simply fire up the in-app chat. Talk soon!

Martin from Mision 2000

We are very happy with Mouseflow

The benefits are awesome. Every day we can "catch" some visitors and then convert in customers. That one is excellent for us.

Pros

The recordings and the options are very useful

Cons

We like everything about this software and I have been recommend it to my friends

Reasons for Choosing Mouseflow

Because Mouse flow is the very best option

Response from Mouseflow

Replied March 2021

Hello Martin, Thank you very much for your review. We are glad to see you are able to catch some visitors and convert them into customers ;)

lewis from pipeworkpieces inc.

great product

it is worth the small slowdown as it allowed me to fix issues customers were seeing that I was not aware of.

Pros

I was able to see users actions and tweak my site based on what I saw.

Cons

slows down the front end just a touch but not really noticible

Response from Mouseflow

Replied February 2021

Hello Lewis, Thank you very much for your rating and review. We'd love to take a look at your setup. Mouseflow's tracking doesn't slow up page speeds, so we want to make sure everything is set up properly.

Chris from CANDDi

Perfect way to learn more about our users

With the pandemic, it's not easy to do on-site testing for our website. With Mouseflow it's much more convenient to conduct research on our users and draw insights from actual, unbiased behavior. Our website bounce rate has decreased as a result of our design and UX copywriting changes off the back of mouseflow.

Pros

Gives us visibility we've never had about our users' activity. We do a lot of testing, but nothing compares to having the ability to conduct concurrent testing available with our website traffic to prove/disprove hypotheses and make informed decisions. It's a great product and their support team have been a brilliant help too.

Cons

I just wish there was more content to maximise the use of the platform.

Response from Mouseflow

Replied November 2020

Hi Chris, Thank you for submitting your Mouseflow review. We appreciate your support! We hear you loud and clear. We are putting a lot of our resources to improve our content and showcase how you can use Mouseflow to get more insights. We hope you stick around to see the improvements :). Also, make sure you are following us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter at @mouseflow so you can stay in the loop with our product releases and new content. Thank you again for taking the time to review us.

Aaron from IndiaNIC Infotech Limited

Great software for making your site better

Pros

It is one of my best software in my toolkit. It helps me make the website attractive and has a great price. The few functions that it has: heatmap, funnels and recordings are all that I need to understand the users behaviour on the website.

Cons

Some of the futures need to be polished, live recordings, something you just get a blank page that is not loading, or it skips pages.

Response from Mouseflow

Replied July 2020

Hello Aaron, Thank you so much for your review and feedback. It is encouraging to read that our customers are finding Mouseflow useful. We are striving to make each of our features frictionless, and since you left your review we;ve made quite a few changes in the platform. We hope that you have kept supporting us since then and have noticed the changes, if not, we'd love to have you back and let us know how we are doing. Thank you!

Julia from Revolve You

Easy way to see what customers are doing

Very happy with it.

Pros

Super easy to use and install. Great deal for the money.

Cons

It doesn't seem to get every visit to the site. Kartra shows a different number of visits, but the heatmaps are similar

Response from Mouseflow

Replied August 2021

Hi Julia, Thank you for being a valued customer and for taking the time to review us. It is normal to see deviations between platforms in terms of numbers because of various technical reasons, but we would love to check out what's your case specifically to make sure that you are getting the best possible insights. Could you send us a message via in-app chat or an email to support@mouseflow.com? We look forward to your message.

Isabella from lovakfilms

Industry: Fine Art

Amazing!

i'm seeing hoe people interact with my site and its priceless.

Pros

This product is easy and super helpful for my career.

Cons

nothing. its great. maybe jusrt an easier installation process.

Response from Mouseflow

Replied August 2021

Hi, Isabella, Thank you for sharing your experience with Mouseflow. Helping you make wise decisions without required difficult, drawn-out processes is part of what makes Mouseflow invaluable. Regarding installation, I encourage you to check out our integrations, which link up with dozens of common tech platforms to make setup a breeze. And of course, simply chat with out support team at any time and they are happy to assist. See you around!

Carissa from Self-employed

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

such a unique way to actually see what your visitors are doing

Pros

Awesome way to receive feedback straight from your users (without them having to do anything different) You can always put into practice and fix up what you need depending on the results that this software shows you

Cons

There isn't anything that I would change about this software!

Response from Mouseflow

Replied July 2020

Hi there, Carissa! It took us a while to get back to you and thank you for leaving us such an awesome review. We are happy to see that you found Mouseflow useful, and we hope that you have stuck around to enjoy the many improvements we've made since you reviewed us.

Steve from SKRP Media

Mouseflow allows us to capture data at a Granular Level this Is Crucial

Pros

Having access to the information that Mouseflow provides us has been critical to our growth. It has allowed us to make better decisions with our funnels. Highly recommend.

Cons

nothing at this point. The cost may be a few dollars higher than similar tools but it's not enough to matter based on the information it gathers.

Response from Mouseflow

Replied December 2020

Hello Steve, Thank you for sharing your rating and review. We are glad that Mouseflow is allowing you to scale your business. Please reach out to us if you have any questions, or if you need help with pricing :). See you around!

Bonnie from SoCal Health

This is a great app!

Pros

Love seeing the friction scores and heat maps. Highly recommend!

Cons

I really like all the features. It's really great for my shopify store.

Response from Mouseflow

Replied September 2021

Hi Bonnie, Thank you for your awesome review. Our friction score does make it easy to improve your website experience quicker! Let us know if we can be of any assistance. See you around!

Kieran from CRC Industries UK Ltd

Industry: Chemicals

Simple, insightful, has everything

Seeing where visitors travel through their site journey is a great way to see exactly where process flows can be improved

Pros

Easy to use, yet customisable for as much detail as needed

Cons

Nothing. It does everything I need and more

Response from Mouseflow

Replied January 2021

Hi Kieran, Thank you for sharing your rating and review. Please let us know if we can be helpful in any way by firing up a chat inside the app. See you around!