Browse Statcounter Reviews

Kim from Oktoberfest Copenhagen

Great Alternative to "Big Brother"

I have used Statcounter on everything from a 20K visit a day site, to small niche sites with a few hits a week. It worked great both with high volume and lower volume. I sometimes use it along with Google Analytics, mostly because it is much easier to read. I also prefer Statcounter when I have a group of sites in the same niche, iI think comparison is easier this way, than using Google Analytics.

Pros

The statistics are clear and easy to read. You can see where your visitors are from, what they are doing and get a good overview of your web traffic. It is tonnes easier to read than Google Analytics. Setup on Wordpress is super simple, install their plugin and enter the ID codes and it will start tracking immediately. I like that you cannot identify other sites by the same owner using Statcounter. when you use Google Analytics, you have a huge footprint all over your sites. Organization is easy with groups of sites. So even if you have a large portfolio, you can keep them organized well. They have a very generous free level. You can actually use the free tier for a smaller site quite successfully.

Cons

It does not have all the bells and whistles of Google Analytics, but on the other hand, this is much easier to read.

Shannon from Ceta-Base, Inc.

Manage website metrics easily

My overall experience with StatCounter has been excellent, the product has experience little (if any) downtime and always gives me reliable statistics

Pros

StatCounter was very easy to use and insert into my website, the prepared html code snippet went into a global footer and tracked a variety of metrics for my site. It was pretty interesting to view the data on site visitors. Really helped me control content for my site users.

Cons

The only thing that was complicated about the software was manually inserting the code snippet, but really that was easy enough. There were really easy instructions to follow.

Reasons for Choosing Statcounter

StatCounter was much easier to learn and use on my page immediately, it didn't overwhelm me as much as the Google Dashboard.

Review after use statcounter 2 years

Statcounter in my 3 website, easy to view visitor and activity

Pros

This software very user friendly, i am not really expert in website, but i can use this software. Get more statistic for policy my office

Cons

About statistic and visitor in my website detail and clearly

Jeanne from Mutual Dance Theatre and Arts Center

Industry: Performing Arts

Antiquated the last time I checked - but simple and easy to understand

It was fine! I never had to contact customer service. It was simple!

Pros

- It was free! This is why I chose it in the first place. - A simple code in header allowed it to be deployed across a website. - The visual graphic reports were easy to understand. - Results were instant. - You could "block" your own IP (or any other) so that your visits to the site weren't counted. - You could see really granular information about who looked at your site (where they were from, etc.)

Cons

- It's a little chunky to deploy. I haven't used it in forever, but last I checked, you had to put code into the header. For Wordpress sites, this can be a little confusing. - It's not as integrated as Google Analytics. - Using the free version means you only get so many records. After that, it stops counting them. So, as my organization grew, Statcounter became less useful.

Reasons for Choosing Statcounter

It was free and easy at the time.

Alicia from Workersonboard.com

Online Stats that are Reliable

I am using it as an alternative to Google Analytics to see my overall website performance on a daily basis.

Pros

I love the fact that you can check your stats minute by minute. They are updated and shown online in real-time and have detailed analysis that will give you specific insight on how your blog readers and visitors find you, how long they stay on your page, the most popular pages, what links they exit on and so much more.

Cons

After a period of time of using the site, some of the features about specific stats are not shown to you unless you purchase a monthly plan. Other than that, Stat Counter is wonderful.

Jacob from VALUEWALK LLC

Industry: Newspapers

A Fantastic Analytics Tool

To monitor internal website traffic

Pros

Statcounter is incredible tool which rivals Google Anayltics for use in tracking and monitoring website traffic - their exit link tracking in my opinion far surpasses the Analytics data which Google provides website owners

Cons

It is great I would just say for conversion tracking Google has many customizations I am not sure if Statcounter does or does not have them, but it is easier to implement in google because its more widely use

Best visitor analysis for low-traffic website

Helps us to track single visitors.

Pros

It helps to easily dig deeper in analysis to single visitors. If you are in B2B market you probably need to understand how each individual user works on your website, which pages they visited etc. That's what statcounter is built for.

Cons

You can't analyse keywords that lead the specific visitor to your website - obviously, as it is information Google will never share - they have a disclaimer about it.

Amy from Education Management

Industry: Writing and Editing

Statcounter experience

I really like Statcounter and I am considering purchasing it for the full version. I think it's a great tool for even small bloggers like myself to get a good grasp on how their social media accounts are doing and can help expand who they reach.

Pros

I have used Statcounter twice to keep track of traffic on my blog and I've found it's really helpful. I was able to identify trends, what people were coming to see, where in the world they were located, and the days/times my blog was most active. It was really fascinating to me how people were using and accessing my blog, and gave me ideas about how to tailor the content to better fit my audience as well as expand it.

Cons

The features aren't exactly intuitive, and it took a bit of hunting at first to find the reports I wanted. But once I learned where everything was I was fine.

Tamara from Tamara Balestri

Do not miss anything anymore

I started using Statcounter in early 2000's on some hobbyst websites. Then Google Analytics came out and everyone switched to it. Now, Google Analytics requires time, study and expertise to make the most out of the data it provides: Statcounter comes with a compreensive suite of tools that monitors your website traffic and use Google data to give you all the insights, already packed in a readable and pleasant form.

Pros

It is a great option if you don't want to study how to read Google Analytics stats: though you do have to get used to another web service interface, it's very easy to understand.

Cons

It's free only for very low traffic websites. Hey, but yhey have developed a really valuable tool that surely requires a great effort to be improved and maintained, so it's worth the price.

Lateef from Elitethrive

Statcounter Reviews

To track our customers behavior, what they are willing to buy and how we can improve.

Pros

Insight about your project There's free trial to test run how it works You will receive report about your project monthly It help to track, analyze and understand user behavior on your site Easy to use and install

Cons

No robust insight like their competitor It's not accurate when traffic on the website got higher

So many details it almost feels voyeuristic!

Statcounter is a great tool to see how users are moving through your site. It can pinpoint problems.

Pros

I use Statcounter mainly for smaller, more niche sites. The way in which you can follow individual visitors around the site is a great way to learn about how people experience the site.

Cons

I'd really like some more of search and filter capabilities. Of course that's easily achieved by exporting data, but for a small site that's often not worth the trouble. But then again, I use the free version so this might explain it.

Ryan from First Fleet Inc

My favorite

My experience has been all positive with Statcounter. I have nothing bad to say about it.

Pros

I have used Statcounter since 2010. It remains to this day my favorite tracking program. It is basic, but has everything I need and nothing I do not.

Cons

I cannot find anything negative about Statcounter to negate its recommendation. It is my first choice when telling others who may need a tracking source for their web tracking needs.

James from Pinnacle Pro Sound

Now that the biggest search engine has excellent stats, I'd never look back

Pros

For a long time, Statcounter was the only option. It worked well, but provided only basic info.

Cons

It was quickly beat down by a new competitor which is now industry standard for tracking user behavior.

Danielle from Academie des adjointes virtuelles

There are better analytic apps

I wonder why I kept if on my site for so long. Writing my review made me decide to remove it.

Pros

The fact that I could use it for free and that I can consult it directly in my dashboard. A client of mine had it on her site and I wanted to try it out.

Cons

It's pretty basic adn I can get the same type of report from another plugin without having to see Google ads.