All Canva Reviews

Canva Review

Camila

Consumer Services, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2024

I like it because it's easy to use

I use Canva a lot, it helps me a lot with my work.

PROS

I really liked the ease of use and the many tools the app offers.

CONS

There should be more functions in the free plan, such as the transparent background, which is used a lot. However, I understand that the app needs to make a financial return.

Tatiana

Reviewed January 2024

I think Canva is very wonderful

I loved creating art on Canva, it allows you to be free to use your creativity

PROS

The freedom to create arts and many things

CONS

Some things like the premium value and not allowing you to do the arts offline

Reasons for switching to Canva

because of the freedom to create and because it is more practical

Stephen

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed May 2019

Canva is Great for Social Media

It's not bad for someone with no design experience as long as they are willing to pay more for printing. For the higher cost of printing you could pay a professional such as myself to design for you and print at a lower cost and higher quality. The application is bad for the overall marketing industry because it has lowered the quality standard and impact of advertisements being created by business owners who think they understand marketing, design and printing. I recently said to one of my clients who owns a high end auto detailing business and tried to create some marketing materials on his own, "I don't now how to properly wax and detail my vehicle. I would probably ruin the paint job somehow if I were to do it myself. That's why I hire a professional. I wouldn't expect you to be able to handle a design, print and marketing job either because that's not what you do." In short, stick to what you know and leave the rest to professionals. It will cost you less in the long run.

PROS

It's very easy to use and offers a ton of design content for free. You don't necessarily need to search outside of Canva for images but you can if you want. It's great for designing simple social banners or marketing materials quickly but there is a catch. They are trying to sell you printing services and their pricing is not competitive with quality printers.

CONS

I recommend Canva to clients who need to create social media marketing images. I have worked with clients who need me to print postcards, flyers or brochures that they designed on Canva and there are issues. Canva is trying to sell printing services. Their design templates are sized and setup for the printer companies they outsource to. If you design on Canva and download the files to send to a professional printer then those files are not setup correctly and require alterations to be printed. That's if there is room for alterations, but not all designs will allow for easy alteration so therefore the customer is forced to print on Canva at higher costs.

Ricardo

Reviewed November 2023

Excellent for those who need to learn quickly

The overall experience is very good and worth every penny paid. Many features are offered in the pro plan and leave nothing to be desired compared to tools that perform the same task, being much more expensive.

PROS

Ease of use, numerous features and applications and features being added quickly. Usable items such as models, elements, photos, backgrounds, etc., hardly let us down. There are always good things.

CONS

Sometimes Canva presents errors when we try to edit photos that are too heavy. Sometimes I have to reduce the number of pixels in a photo so that Canva can work on it correctly.

Reasons for switching to Canva

Corel Draw is too expensive for the work I need to do. When my license ended, I didn't renew it.

Harsimran

Consumer Goods, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2024

Canva is best software to creat quick and easy flyers.

My overall experience with canva is satisfactory

PROS

I have been using canva from last few years. I am not an expert in graphic design but with the help of canva it has become. possible to design professional looking material without spending much time and money. This software is easy to use as compare to other softwares. Canva is best software to creat quick and easy flyers. The other good feature of this software is that all the projects are stored online. I personally love using canva and highly recommend it

CONS

Overall canva is a good software but resizing the image in canva is not easy. Moreover its difficult to move an item from lower layer.

Reasons for switching to Canva

Canva is easy use as compare to photoshop. Canva has more advance features.

Yulonda

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Canva Educator

I still have yet to experience all of the features of Canva. So far, I’m enjoying it. I plan to keep being a user of Canva

PROS

Tons of templates to design any type of presentation , flyer, business card The pro educator account is free

CONS

There is nothing that I like least about Canva.

Reasons for switching to Canva

This provided me to opportunity to provide more variation to the content I’m creating, such as animated text or images.

Marwah

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2024

Canva is an awesome tool. Even non designers can use it easily.

PROS

Free version is available with limited features Easy to use Various templates Various colors You can share designs with your team Social media and pinterest templates are available

CONS

It is not easy to move design from one template to another. The uploaded photos cannot be edited. Intellectual properties belong to canva Some templates are limited

Reasons for switching to Canva

The free version has more limitations than canva. I cannot download the design i made.

Riya

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Canva as a designer for non profit organisation

I love this product. All hearts !!! For someone who can't devote time and effort to the Adobe creative apps and Photoshop, Canva is a blessing

PROS

1. The ease of use - anyone can use it without any professional background, you just need a creative mind. 2. As an NPO, we got the PRO version by applying and it has changed our social media game.

CONS

Sometimes, searching for specific elements can be a task. Also, the frames/grids can be more user-friendly..

1 employee

Cavan you can trust.

My experience is having a job well done and being able to present wonderfully well

PROS

I liked the creativity with the program, you can make changes, I thought it was an excellent tool

CONS

So I didn't have much to complain about, I thought everything was perfect.

Reason for choosing Canva

Because it suited me to everything I wanted in my work

Shreyash

Writing and Editing, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2023

Honest review about canva

PROS

It has capabilities like comments and real-time collaboration. You may use a web browser, mobile apps, or a smooth workflow integration to access Canva.Canva Pro is a subscription-based service that comes with more features from Canva.

CONS

There is nothing to dislike about canva.

Lindsay

Consumer Services, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed January 2024

Canva - the helpful everyday tool

It's been a great experience I would highly recommend it to anyone that would like to use it. it's also nice that you can use the free features to get a feel for it and to decide if it's right for you.

PROS

I've enjoyed Canva for a long time now. It's so easy to create any of the different designs that you could want. Now that they've introduced the design suite it's very easy to manage my branding for my business. I've created things for my company that look great and were easy to create. You can edit all sorts of things by clicking your loaded in brand colors, fonts, and logos. Check it out!

CONS

I haven't found anything about Canva that I haven't liked. It's a very user friendly interface with lots of options.

Jane

Publishing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2019

Simply the best

At my company, we create social media graphics, promotional graphics, and ads all the time, for ourselves and for our clients, and Canva makes it incredibly easy and fun. They're constantly adding new features to keep it all fresh, and their customer support is excellent. The "Pro" package provides everything we need to create professional, high-quality graphics we're proud to share with our clients and the world. Using Canva is more play than work!

PROS

Canva is incredibly easy to use, even if you've never worked with any kind of design software. It provides everything you need to design high-quality graphics of all kinds, whether you know anything about design or not. Their "Design School" videos and articles are useful for people new to design, but also for sparking ideas and jumpstarting creativity for experienced users. I use it myself, my company uses it, and I recommend it to all my self-publishing clients.

CONS

I have only two minor quibbles, and the way Canva goes, they'll probably have them fixed by the time this review comes out: I wish Canva kept a temporary list of the fonts tested in a particular design (even if they weren't chosen), and I wish the stickers were searchable, or appeared in search results. In both cases, I end spending a LOT of time scrolling.

Reason for choosing Canva

While I'm sure the other products I tried are great, their interfaces are complex. Since I'm a very small business, I just don't have time to learn something complicated while also doing the business of the business AND running and promoting the business itself. Canva's interface is simple, friendly, and intuitive, so you can jump in and begin creating in minutes.

Katherine

Writing and Editing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Would You Recommend? Too Late, Already Have.

I make graphics for our companies and occasionally clients, in a whole variety of capacities. I have used Canva to create newsletter graphics, social media posts for Twitter, Facebook, Pintrest, Tumblr, Instagram, and Reddit, brochures for products or services, infographics for conferences, and more.

PROS

I have been using Canva since I began teaching myself to make graphics over two years ago. It has served me well in both simple projects (like graphics for social media) or full-on gif animations. They continually add new features and content and are always revamping the suggestions for "fresh" ideas. It's also super easy to share your project to other people or places, and you have quite a few download options for your files. And it is SUPER easy to use, the user interface is very intuitive and if you have questions their docs are great!

CONS

I have very few complaints, and the ones I have are pretty niche issues. Systematically I don't see issues at all! But sometimes it can be hard to format a picture correctly due to their "snapping" feature that snaps whatever element you're using to the nearest part of the picture the program "thinks" you want to use. For example, if you try and move a circle to a centimeter away from the middle of the graphic you're creating, it will automatically center itself and won't let you un-center it without an enormous amount of fuss. But this is minor and doesn't really happen often for me!

Reason for choosing Canva

The user interface took me a fraction of the time to learn to use than the other options I was considering. And they have tons of options!

Jon

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Perfect Image Creation For Busy People

Canva has been an excellent program to use. It gets used for everything from web graphics, to marketing materials, and even newsletters. At this price Canva is a no brainer. If you need quality visual materials, but don't have much time to learn a program like Photoshop, you absolutely owe it to yourself to give Canva a shot.

PROS

I love that it is incredibly simple to create an ad or other marketing image and resize it for lots of different formats very quickly. I can create an image once and then quickly adapt it for Facebook,Twitter, Instagram and a couple local print publications. The numerous templates are great if you need a good starting point for a project. Workflow is quick and easy, support is solid, and the access to a wide variety of royalty free images is a very nice inclusion with a paid account.

CONS

Honestly, there aren't very many. I suppose you could add more advanced features a la Photoshop. But doing that would begin to interfere with the ease of use that Canva offers. I understand that Canva offers some other features like background removal, but I am unsure of how to access them, and haven't really had a chance to dig in that far.

Reason for choosing Canva

Ease of use! Canva offers professional looking graphics with a workflow that makes things take just a few short minutes. Canva can be used by someone with little graphics software experience, and yet yield perfect results for someone who needs to create graphic materials for a business, but cannot afford to hire someone to do graphics work for them. Or heck, get Canva and save some money on the graphics guy.

Betty

Consumer Goods, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2021

Game changer

Its amazing you can't compare it to anything out there, especially if you don't have a background in design work

PROS

The moment I landed on Canva I knew I was not coming out anytime soon.It saved my time,I didn't have experience on design work but wow I could use the templates and post amazing post from Canva

CONS

I wish they could include more photos for blacks too so that the content can also be relatable to Africans

Reason for choosing Canva

I don't have Graphic design Background and so for me, Canva addressed all my needs

Reasons for switching to Canva

I was get enough unique photos and also the background remover was not as effective as Canva

Rajesh

Writing and Editing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Shape Your Imagination with Easy Functionality

My overall experience with Canva is too good. It is an one stop solution for me. Whether I need to make content for social media platforms or my blogs, I always use Canva. Because of its simplicity, I would never think about any alternative options of Canva.

PROS

Simply put, Canva has changed my life, and career. Being a blogger, I need to design a lot for my content. Specially, when it comes to creating infographic, Canva is unbeatable. You can choose from tons of professional templates and easily shape your imagination. Whether you need to design a photo for facebook, twitter or blogpost, Canva has everything tp support you. Honestly, it made my life easier. I can easily access tons of resources from stock photos to mind-blowing icons, Canva has everything right in the place so that I don't need to struggle a bit. The download options are also pretty much handy. In a nutshell, if you don't have enough design skill, still you can do some great professional looking design when you have canva in your side.

CONS

I think there are still rooms for development. Canva should think about bringing more stock photos, videos, etc. They should also develop a well-organized internal filling system. Updating the tools to make our life easier would be a plus point as well. Besides, the photo retouching capabilities of Canva should also be improved. The photo adjustments control of Canva is not up to the mark yet. If they improve these few things, Canva will be truly invincible in the design tool industry.

Reasons for switching to Canva

There is no denying that Adobe illustrator is a pretty much powerful tool and capable of doing everything when it comes to design. But, for me, I don't think I need that level power right now. All of the basic features that I need to design my content, I get from Canva. As Canva offers a comparative simple solution to me, I switched to it from Adobe illustrator.

Bruno

Logistics and Supply Chain, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed March 2021

Canva - the new way of presentation

Canva has been and amazing experience, I use it both for professional and personal. Either I want to make a professional presentation or invite some friends to a event.

PROS

Canva is, in fact, a new and amazing way of making presentation. It is no longer necessary to use powerpoint and present in a old way. Besides that, if we want to create a facebook ad or send an invitation, just use Canva to create your templates- mainly for free!

CONS

The software still can improve, and that´s fine. The customer service should be easier to achieve and Canva should keep investing in free templates, to cauth new users!

Reason for choosing Canva

Prezi is also a dynamic way to make presentation, but more difficul and not intuitive. For that reason, canva is much better!

Reasons for switching to Canva

Microsoft is old, it means old templates.

Jessie