All Printful Reviews

Kevin

Reviewed September 2022

The Best in the Biz!

I started years ago with Printful. I now use other POD providers as well, but have been in love with their quality, service, customer service, policies, and more. I have always been a huge fan and I see no dropping them in the future, they really are the best.

PROS

Yu do not need a cent or even artistic ability to start an online store chock full of a myriad of popular and needed products. And, it is absolutely free. It syncs with your store on Etsy, Amazon, Ebay, and more and you do something once, push the product to your store, and everything is automated thereafter.

CONS

I stated that Printful was $$$ Mid-tier earlier in teh evaluation of cost in this review. That is only referring to the cost of their products and fulfillment. The software is FREE to use and has online, apps, and more but as it is free they have a higher price for all their products. They are the best in the business worldwide, but other POD companies are also free with just as good of results in general...but Printful wins every time in consistency and quality and you pay for it in teh products.

Reviewed October 2023

Printful: The absolute best to way to scale when starting a clothing brand.

PROS

- Firstly, their customer service is phenomenal. I've had no issues within the years I've used them and for any mis-prints or errors, they will promptly help out and make it right with either a refund or redelivery. - Variety of options, and ever increasing options for printing on, apparel, accessories, literal prints, and many more that they update. - Integrated world-wide shipping, allowing our business to essentially tap into the global market from the get go if needed, hassle free.- Really easy to set up and its literally free.

CONS

- Print quality sometimes were less than satisfactory, but this was really dependent on your design as well as the product you pick (Base garment colour, etc.) - Fulfillment time and restocking, this might be their biggest weakness, which is ironically their popularity. I frequently find that several items on my site will always be out of stock, and this is not usually properly reflected onto the site so we always have to manually contact the customers each time. Fulfillment time is also hit or miss, your order could get done in 2 days or 8.

Reasons for switching to Printful

Printful's integration with Shopify makes it a lot better for brand image and the overall quality, customization, and control we have with the brand increases fourfold.

Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Print on demand is super efficient and items can be sold and shipped worldwide

My overall experience has been good. I used it for a couple of years integrated with Etsy. And now I use it with an integration with Shopify. It's nice because when and order is placed, in Shopify, it is automatically sent to Printful. Here is my current Shopify store using Printful: https://ignatiusapparel.com

PROS

1) Intuitive user interface 2) Included Clip art 3) Digital Models with product Mockups 4) A graphics editor

CONS

Lower prices would be nice, but I mostly like it.

Mathew

Photography, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2022

DO not Trust this company with your design?

PROS

Nothing yet! They still cant get it wright!

CONS

I found Printful and decided to give them a try for my new line of custom design hoodies and hats. Needless to say we are still in trying to get the sample hoodie printed properly! It has been over a month and Printful can't even print my logo in the CENTER of the hoodie? I mean are you serious? Do you not do quality control or measure before you print? Very unprofessional and unknowledgeable customer service as a whole! Every time I email with a concern, I get a different agent to jumps in to help, but all it happens is that they DO NOT Understand what is happening or read your request. Yes they offered a credit but what's the point when they cant even get (1) Sample printed right or double checked before shipping. I'm glad this happened now and NOT when my clients receive the JUNK thy print! Horrible all around and its a shame that Printful is allowed to proceed with this kind of terrible customer service and NO knowledge in basic Printing. I have asked several times to speak with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] or main people in charge to explain what is going on! But they all refuse and say NO one can be reached? That is Bull Sh$t at its best. I have waisted enough time and money on this company and I'm telling you please RUN and find someone else that cares and will actually quality control their product before shipping out to your clients. Mathew

Jacob

Apparel & Fashion, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2023

This is next-gen material

Pretty exceptional. Was an amazing opportunity

PROS

The quality of the prints are fantastic, and the fabric is durable.

CONS

I wish there were more integrations with 3rd party apps.

Integrations were importing.

Reviewed May 2022

So far, great quality, good service and very easy to use

While the spread of opinions about quality and service have a wide range on the Net, I have had nothing but positive experiences with Printful thus far. The quality of the printing has been as good as I've seen anywhere, the products are top notch, production has been fast and shipping has as well. I'm sure there will be ups and downs over the course of our relationship, but at this point I consider them a valuable partner.

PROS

The choice of customizable products is pretty impressive, as are the base prices. I love the fact that you can set your own margins and am ecstatic that they handle the payment gateway, shipping and the entire logistical process. You can create your designs, set up your store and start selling with very little problem

CONS

It took a little while to understand the best ways to manage in stock/out of stock situations for products. While there are a number of options for most products, their availability may vary wildly. I've found it's best to design to the most basic color sets, for example, because the more unusual colors are less popular and most likely to become unavailable without warning.

Ease of use

Reasons for switching to Printful

The logistics of managing product sourcing on Printify is a bit baffling to me and produced frequent delays and out of stock situations. Quality was OK, but making things work seems to be a pretty hands-on proposition.

Sheilla

Design, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed June 2022

The best on-demand fulfilling service I've ever used.

Overall - I love Printful and will continue to use them in the future. I've tried several other print to ship platforms, but the ease of use that Printful offers is just amazing. I would highly recommend them.

PROS

Printful truly handles every part of the process. Their platform makes it easy to design products, preview them as realistically as possible, and connect them to online stores. Their fees are extremely reasonable for the amount of work they put into fulfilling and delivering every product. Best of all, they have one of the best customer support chat teams I've ever experienced. I've had to contact them several times over the years and I've always been really impressed.

CONS

Honestly, there's not a lot of cons to Printful. Sure, the shipping and prices could be lower, but with everything that's going on, it's understandable. More types of inventory would be great. They also limit the number of addresses that one can use for sample orders. I've moved a few times and I'm unable to update my address as a result.

Silvia

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2021

I reccomend Printful as a great starting point for your fashion impare

I use Printful for 2 years. I started with just ebay, and now I have ebay, Etsy, Wordpress and Shopify shops. All this with the same designs.

PROS

Printful gives you a big choice of different products and varriaties. The are a lot of integrations with most popular e-commerce platforms which saves you time for uploading products and managing quantities.

CONS

There are a great products but not all of them have most popular colors - black and white.

Reason for choosing Printful

Mostly for the integrations and better quality of products.

Reasons for switching to Printful

The products of Printful are better and chieper than teespring. Printful has a lot of integrations.

Oumarou

Internet, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2022

The easiest way I found to lunch a t-shirt business

Printfull exceeded my expectations of T-shirt printing business online. My overall experience is very very good.

PROS

Printfull has proven to be an excellent choice when I decided to launch my T-shirt business printing. Combined with Etsy it is amazing. I can say it exceeded my expectations.

CONS

Sometimes it is hard to get their customer service. Luckily it is not happening every time. It is the only con I have to mention.

Marko

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2023

Amazing Tool For Print On Demand Business

This is an amazing tool and I would recommend it to anyone in the print on demand business. It will fully automate the order fulfilment process and it is easy to use.

PROS

Printful allows you to easily upload your designs and apply it to different products such as t-shirts, hoodies or baseball caps. It also has the ability to connect your eBay and Etsy store which fully automates the order management process.

CONS

T-shirt prices are a bit expensive but the rest of the platform features make up for this.

Leonardo

Retail, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2021

Small Business Owner

Printful was my first contact with POD services. And I believe they are the leading company in this market, especially because of their easy-to-use online platform. Their software is intuitive and simple to learn. I didn't need any coding skills to connect it with my Shopify and Etsy shops.

PROS

Printful has seamless integration with both Etsy and Shopify. When I make a sale, they take care of everything for me. Their software is easy to use. Their mockups are precise.

CONS

I noticed a huge demand for a certain phone case model that Printiful does not offer. So I had to switch my entire phone case collection to a rival POD company that offers that.

Henry

Reviewed February 2022

A Great Place For POD Beginners

Prinftul was the first POD service/software we came across, and it became our introduction to the industry. Their platform is highly user friendly and offers more than we could have hoped for. The items we have so far created have turned out splendidly, meaning the team behind Printful has chosen tried and true printing companies to work with. It is because Printful is so good at what they do that we have become disappointed in the range of white-label products offered. Despite that, Printful has provided us many ways for our POD business to flourish by offering coupons, sample discounts, heads up on policy/price changes, and a slew of built-in designs to add to our creations.

PROS

It is Direct. That is the most important aspect of Printful, most especially for POD newcomers. We went into the business with no knowledge about the industry. It isn't that Printful is exactly informative, rather they are extremely organized and the content isn't mired by ads.

CONS

There is a curious lack of white-label products available. After using Printful for the first time in 2020, very few new items have debuted across the platform. When compared to its competitors, Printful offers very few avenues of POD merchandise and lines of collections.

Reason for choosing Printful

Printful has a tighter grip on the identify of its design, which is to say that we know what to expect from them. The main design of their website doesn't change often (this is a good thing) and users are not distracted by countless buttons. We use Printify with other POD services because it is a trustworthy option, and when it comes to the POD business, options are 50% of the hustle.

Reviewed June 2021

Great Software and POD Products, Terrible Order Management Policies

Printful delivers a good product but refuses to think about their customers' end customers and use common sense. This makes them unsuitable for use with Amazon stores, and undesirable for use if your customers care about getting their products on time.

PROS

Printful is easy to set up through Shopify, and even through WooCommerce, and they produce a pretty good product on average. The Amazon integration is nice to have, but does have some issues.

CONS

Printful has rules for fulfilment that often make zero sense and cause massive delays in product fulfilment. For example (and I've seen this dozens of times), if a particular shirt is out of stock in the US and won't be back in stock for three days, the smart thing would be to wait to fulfill the order when that shirt comes back in stock. What they will do instead, is fulfill that item from Europe. Then it gets shipped to their facility in the US. This adds ~14-35 days to the shipping time, depending on the shipping service used (not up to you). Then, the item gets shipped to the customer. That last few days of the process is what they count as their fulfilment time, allowing them to pretend they kept their guarantee. I had a client's Amazon account that was completely ruined by this. POD was a new, and relatively tiny part of the account - but the repeated delays prompted Amazon to heavily punish the account, and the client lost their business. The problem was discussed with printful and they refused to fix or even acknowledge the issue. They wouldn't even allow us to say we don't want items fulfilled from Europe.

Vincent

Biotechnology, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2023

High quality products and printing

I love printful. It's the best print on demand app out there. I have been using it for over 3 years now and have not have any complaints since. I would recommend to anyone to use this professional print on demand business.

PROS

It is easy to use and very user friendly. Information on the website itself is easy to understand with words and infographics added to minimize confusion. Live customer support is very helpful and the responds is quick. They go out their way to help out with queries. Also there are plenty of discount codes and monthly competition to win prices which is very nice.

CONS

Some products go out stock for a very long time and also the shipping prices for products has drastically increased.

Edwin

Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Printful Product Review

Initially, my experience went well. As Printful grew, however, keeping my business a priority for them became a big issue. The quality control also started to fizzle...Honestly., in the long run, I'm glad I stopped working with Printful and just started printing with a local screen printer.

PROS

What I like most about Printful is the ease of launching an apparel brand within minutes. With TONS of blank apparel items you can certainly provide a very customized product for your customers.

CONS

There are a few things I do not like about Printful. They are a little pricy...I feel their sublimation printing should be a bit cheaper. Another thing is they did have long turnaround times. As the apparel industry grows, more clients begin to use Printful. The demand for apparel printing is greater than the fast working times Printful can provide. Also, it is a pain to set up tax (Nexus) with Printful, if you sell worldwide...

Donae

Writing and Editing, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2022

Printful is my go-to for print on demand services!

Overall it’s one of the best print on demand services compared to the other company’s that integrates well with my websites e-commerce platform and delivers products to my customers efficiently.

PROS

I liked Printful because it integrates with my Wix website and allows me to see everything that is taking place on the e-commerce side of my website. I also like Printful for the ability to brand my products with my company logo. I also like that Printful offers a variety of products on the market.

CONS

I didn’t like that I have to pay and upfront charge for embroidery features. Some of their products are a bit pricey and doesn’t give much room for profit markups.

Marissa

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Great way to sell products without keeping inventory

I’ve used printful to make and sell products for many of my businesses and find it easy to use, integrate and monetize.

PROS

Easy to use and manage orders. Integrates well with squarespace (our website)

CONS

More product options for bags and other products

Make and Ship in demand

Reasons for switching to Printful

Easier interface and drop shipping

Cassidy