• icon"The batch time entry is a cool feature and not one I've seen with other products. The interface is very clean looking."
  • icon"Excellent customer support - someone who answers. Very easy to use, and has a lot of great features."
  • icon"NordVpn is an excellent choice for internet security, very affordable."
  • icon"Applying payments and integrating it with our payment software has been a bit confusing."
  • icon"It can be difficult to tell which invoices have been paid, and which haven't."
  • icon"I have always had a hard time with the accounting reports."

All Bill4Time Reviews

Allison

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

easy affordable

Abigail

Great for busy firms!

Our overall experience with Bill4Time has been great. The customer support team has been available when needed with quick responses and we have had no issues with the software.

Pros

There are features for everything that you can think of. Its easy for people to do the basic things that they need as well as advanced reporting features for administrators.

Cons

When you are using the software for projects with different companies, you are required to set up different logins. This can create confusion and requires staff to confirm that they are signed into the correct account when tracking time.

Reasons for choosing Bill4Time

We choose Bill4Time because of the available reporting features and how easily the features were for staff to learn.

Jason

Industry: Law Practice

Clean, easy to use billing software

Its a billing program and is extremely effective at billing. I find no "cons" when comparing to other billing programs I've looked at. I'd love more practice management functionality--but I don't see that as the main purpose/use of this program.

Pros

The program is clean, simple, and available anywhere through the web and various applications for mobile devices. New users are easy to setup and manage. Reporting functions are easy to manage. Downtime is a non-issue. Reports are easy to run and provide the information we need to keep a pulse on our firm's billings, collections, and associated compensation models. There are also easy reports to provide for accountability of time keepers. Invoicing is easy as well and so is receiving payments. We also use the trust accounting functionality which helps us keep on top of retainers. Another popular billing program we looked at tried to charge us about 5 times the cost of our average user, merely because one report regarding collections was critical to our internal compensation model. We've used Bill4Time for our billing needs for over 5 years, and many of our attorneys used it before we formed our firm. Its solid, simple, and easy to use.

Francisco

Industry: Law Practice

Bill4Time got me started, helped me survive Hurricane Maria, and helped me survive covid-19

Awesome. My only thorn is what I wrote in the first "Con".

Pros

It is cloud-based, super user friendly (everyone's learning curve has been quite small), supports electronic billing, and gets the job done effectively and efficiently. If you have to follow billing guidelines that require a separate entry for every discreet task, the "batch" entry feature CANNOT be beat. Being cloud-based, I able to start working on getting my billing up to date within 48 hours of being hit by a CAT-5 hurricane. It has also let our team work remotely during the pandemic while having full access to our billing platform (my billing admin continues to work with us even though she moved out of state!). To put my review into context, after 25 years I opened my own law firm. My clients are mostly multi-national insurance companies that require I submit bills with ABA task and activity codes. I absolutely needed a billing platform, and I did not have the money to pay close to $10k in a server, "traditional software" (I grew up on one of the main legal billing programs out there) and IT setup. This costs me less per year that what such a program would cost, back-ups are taken care of, I can access from anywhere, and I don't have to cough up a pretty penny every five years to upgrade a server or the program. BTW- It has a very decent iOS app to boot (a proper app mind you; not browser based). I have no relation to Bill4Time; I'm just a very happy customer preaching its benefits as the practice of law evolves.

Cons

Even diamonds have flaws (at least most of them). I have only two items I yearn for, which I will share in order of importance: 1. When I look at a case and below I see all the time entries, I can see the activity code but I cannot see the ABA task code unless I click on the entry. It adds a step I would love to see erased when I am correcting our invoices. Not a dealbreaker for sure, but adding this small item would make a difference. 2. Much farther down the list: as far as I know, no Dropbox integration. I want to beg for it and did when I first subscribed to Bill4Time, but at present I am not sure I would even do much with it. Honestly, by now I don't even miss it. Being cloud-based, your session can hiccup (it's rare but it does happen) and its a nuisance. This is not on Bill4Time; any platform you use via the internet is always subject to this. But the benefits of a cloud-based program (which I mentioned in the "Pros") exceedingly outweigh this, at least for me.

Reasons for choosing Bill4Time

Batch entry sealed the deal for me.

Reasons for switching to Bill4Time

I grew up 23 years on TimeSlips. When I set up my own law firm, my needs pushed be towards a cloud-based solution. I tried a few and but the batch entry feature sealed the deal for me.

Vivian

Great Billing Program

Pros

Bill4time is very easy to use and the transition form our old billing program was seamless. I really like that we are able to have the developers create custom reports that fit our needs.

Cons

So far I have found nothing that I don't like.

Reasons for choosing Bill4Time

The ease of use, the price and that it was cloud based.

Reasons for switching to Bill4Time

We were looking for a cloud based product that would not break the bank.

Ellen

Disappointed

Disappointing experience as this has bees an issue for over 6 months. They continue to bill us in full and refuse to let us speak directly to IT. They gave us one crest after 3 months but have done nothing about crediting us since. Not have they found a solution to the problem.

Pros

That it was supposed to integrate with QuickBooks

Cons

After an update in November the two programs stopped communicating

Response from Bill4Time

Thank you for your feedback. We pride ourselves on our software and are disappointed to hear that you have had such a negative experience. The developers are working hard to solve this problem and they were able to resolve the initial issue. They are actively investigating the most recent report and we are looking forward to discussing this further with you.

Replied May 2019

Robert

July 2022

Very User Friendly

Very Happy

Pros

Program was easy to set up and learning curve is low. Very easy to navigate and customize, if needed.

Cons

I do not have any complaints, except that this field has a minimum character requirement of writing a negative review to a positive review. I would recommend having this field as optional. Otherwise, you are requiring the writer of the review to illustrate a negative experience and where there is none.

Refereed by Colleague

Reasons for switching to Bill4Time

As my client base grew, I needed an integrated program.

Omara

April 2022

Recommended Features

Pros

The software is easy to use and has minimal downtime.

Cons

(1) Integrate abbreviations for words or phrases used repeatedly when filling out time sheets, so that the user only needs to type the abbreviation rather than writing the complete word or phrase. For example, "TW" for "telephone call with". The user will enter TW and the software automatically writes "telephone call with". (2) When words are misspelled, the software should correct automatically or at least show possible corrections (like Microsoft Word features when words are misspelled).

Carl

March 2022

Excellent time/billing software for small law firm

We have used this for four years, and are very pleased. It is easy for all users to input time and expenses, easy to generate bills, and easy for me to pull up a client's account history if they have a question. Also, ability to accept payments directly through portal is useful.

Pros

We have a six lawyer firm, and the ease of use and implementation of Bill4Time is fantastic

Cons

None right now- everything has been as expected.

Reasons for switching to Bill4Time

Ease of use, cloud-based.

Great for Sole Practitioners needing task management and billing software

It's completely changed my practice. I no longer get distracted and find time slipping by without billing. I track my billings now and meet targets. It's the "assistant" I have been looking for.

Pros

It is exactly what I need. Most of the task management software for lawyers is designed for litigation and big firms. I needed more of a task management software that would help me keep track of matters and clients and deadlines, but not all of the bells and whistles and certainly not at the price of other companies. Bill4time is the exact software I need - it actually makes me more efficient and helps my focus - it keeps me on task and has improved my follow up with clients.

Cons

The name - I initially thought it was just a billing software but it is so much more.

Reasons for choosing Bill4Time

Because it was exactly what I needed - a task management software mixed with billing and client management - I can't say enough great things about it. It has changed my practice and fueled my motivation - I can now stay on track, and it makes me excited about setting and meeting new targets.

Reasons for switching to Bill4Time

They were inefficient and I needed a task management software, not just a billing software

Catherine

Industry: Law Practice

Great product for law office

Very easy to use in all capacities, from entering time and expenses, creating invoices, editing, reports, etc.

Pros

I really like the reports tab...I can run just about any kind of report very quickly and easily.

Cons

I can't really think of anything. There may have been some things in the past that I "wished" bill4time would have, and when I would ask for help if it existed, and if it didn't exist, it does now. Updates are happening without any interruption to our use.

Reasons for switching to Bill4Time

It was an outdated program that never had updates and was very time consuming to use. If you wanted an update, you had to buy a new program as it was not an internet-based program.

Mackenzie

Positive Review for Bill4Time

Pros

Bill4Time was easy to use and access. It met our small firm needs.

Cons

When we used it, it was not set up to integrate with Office 365.

Reasons for choosing Bill4Time

Clio's marketing was pretty aggressive and our firm is always slow at making decisions.

Reasons for switching to Bill4Time

PCLaw was too broad for our small firm and it costs too much money.

Matthew

Almost Does it All

Pros

It is client-based. It allows you to have one client, and assign matters, thus avoiding having three of the same client. It has a pretty strong calendar that allows the whole office to see who is doing what. You can use their app to record time, and it loads that time once you have an internet connection. I can't say enough good about the program. It is very easy to use. But, if you run into a snag, their support team is outstanding and prompt.

Cons

I wish it had a reminder feature with a combination of e-mail and cell phone messaging.

Reasons for switching to Bill4Time

PCLaw had too many problems and slow support responses.

Archana

Industry: Law Practice

Indian Law firm early suer review

Excellent

Pros

Ease of use and excellent web interface. Perfect for small businesses

Cons

The mobile app can be more improved. Some confidentiality in tasks is requried

Reasons for choosing Bill4Time

one stop shop for accounting and invoicing and employee time tracking. Perfect for professional outfits.

Tama

The perfect fit

It's been a life saver in that I can easily and conveniently produce supporting documentation as to my out of pocket expenses and time in administering this estate as well as bill for and account for my time and expenses in my Paralegal/Investigation firm which makes getting paid much easier and with no hassle because the invoices and statements are detailed, clear and easy for my clients to understand.

Pros

The software is much like the software that I had become accustomed to using at a law firm and is reasonably priced for me as a one person newly established business where the cost of the law firms software is simply not feasible. Additionally, I love the convenience of being able to create and produce a customized report for any given request for information once an entry has been created and entered. The ease of use and setup is also something I really like.

Cons

I haven't found anything thus far that I don't like about the software.

Reasons for choosing Bill4Time

It remains to be the perfect fit for my needs.

Reasons for switching to Bill4Time

I started billing the law firm independently as opposed to using their billing system as an independent contractor.

May 2022

I use this in an accounting firm and it works greats.

time tracking

Pros

easy to implement without reading help screens and instructions. Just do it.

Cons

This firm uses combination of fixed fee and hourly. Difficult to remember to toggle each time entry with the billable box vs billable. Must audit each time entry before billing so the time on the fixed fee bills do not appear. Nice to have a feature where this automatic for the fixed fee clients.

Cory