Browse Cisco Jabber Reviews

Javier from BVS Technology Solutions

The best unified communications application

My experience with Jabber is excellent, no matter where I am, I always have my extension at my fingertips and so I can make or receive calls as if I were in the office. I can also listen to voicemails or access virtual meetings from the same application. This application definitely helps the mobility of people keeping them always connected.

Pros

Cisco Jabber is an all-in-one application, it gives you the possibility of having your extension on your computer, cell phone or tablet, being able to send messages to your colleagues, share documents, screens, access voicemail or even video conferencing rooms. What more could you want?

Cons

There is not much to mention here, with the change of look and feel that they are doing in the new version, the user experience will be similar to Webex Teams and this helps the adoption of the solution. Perhaps the only point to mention is that for some cell phones, the application makes them a little slower than normal.

Reasons for Switching to Cisco Jabber

The change from Skype for Business to Jabber has been made due to the degree of integration that Jabber has with all the video conferencing solution and access to the PSTN that we have.

Wendy from Stanford Healthcare

December 2021

Great tool to use at work for meetings, collaborations, and real time communication!

Really a great tool for work. We use it for all patient appointments, making calls to our translators for interpretations, holding meetings, and using the real time chat feature. It provides everything you need to be able to carry out clinic and hold meetings at work. Highly recommend!

Pros

Really like this tool for use of meetings (audio and video) at work! All our work computers have jabber built in and use it a lot to communicate with one another via messaging which is very convenient! Our translation service lines are also built into jabber which makes it SUPER easy to use during our meetings and appointments with patients. Definitely a very user friendly and multi service tool that should be readily utilized!

Cons

Initially on first time using it, I wasn’t familiar with some of the icons on the left; it would be nice if you hover over the icon the name of the feature would pop up to make things easier; but honestly it really is super easy to use once you use it once or twice!!

Karanda from Hospital

Jabber

Pros

It provides a way for phones to communciate via wifi with individual numbers.

Cons

Calls are constantly dropped, sound quality is poor and static, the application goes down at least twice a month.

Jeremy from Self

Industry: Writing and Editing

Call Your Friends without a Phone. Just Make Sure Your Microphone is Plugged in First.

So, I use Cisco Jabber for work only, and only when I need to keep my private number private. Because I have a service-oriented job based on appointments, I have to protect my personal space. So, clients don’t get to call me at 2am for a punctuation question. They need an appointment first. But they also need a call from me when they’re late for their appointment. How do I call them without using my phone? Cisco Jabber. Now, this doesn’t mean they won’t call the Cisco number back when they miss my call. They do sometimes. But I don’t hear that call. Why? Because they’re calling the Cisco number, not my number. My phone stays quiet, just the way I prefer it (but I still get the email alert that they tried calling me back). There may be other uses where the Jabber user might want the client to call him back, but that’s not my use case. My use case is hands-free, computer speaker and microphone communication, with privacy controls that keeps people from contacting me at odd hours. What’s not to like about that? As far as video features go, I don’t have access to them. This probably helps with cost management (I assume, even though I’m not the one paying for it). If I did, I’d use the same way I use the audio features. I’d just show my face more.

Pros

(About audio conferencing features only—I don’t have access to video features.) In an age when our smartphones do everything but call our friends, family, or clients, it’s refreshing to have a desktop app that can make calls in the smartphone’s place. It seems appropriate in a time when we’re all worried about the robots rising and taking over the world. Why not transfer the functionality of a telephone to the same computer where we program those world-dominating robots? It’s practical. Cisco Jabber takes the classic idea of making calls with a phone and puts it in the same place where we spend most of our worktime. This frees up desk space, as well as keeps the smartphone available for what it was invented to do: take Instagram photos. Not to mention, because it has its own number, it makes it easier to contact clients without having to give them your personal phone number. Need to make a call, but you don’t want to share your home phone? Cisco Jabber makes that easy. And best of all, because you call through your computer, all you need is a microphone to speak and speakers to listen, and you never have to pick up the phone at all. If you hate having sweaty ears, then Cisco Jabber is your app of choice. Note: Because I have access to phone features only, and Cisco Jabber has more available that I can’t use, I can see where it may also be a pro for business owners that Cisco apparently allows custom features availability for users, depending on roles.

Cons

As far as I know, there’s no way to receive a call, and this can be an issue if you end up playing phone tag. (Note: I use a work account, and my configuration may be the reason for this, so I don’t want to claim with absolution that Cisco Jabber doesn’t alert users of an incoming call. I just know that my account doesn’t receive alerts of incoming calls. That may differ with other users. I do, however, get email alerts that someone tried to call, and I also have a voicemail box that no one ever uses. So, it’s great for phone tag.) Depending on network connection, the service occasionally needs refreshing. And I can’t seem to get rid of that network window without closing the app. But I use it for work, not for fun, so I only open it when I need to call a client to remind them that the appointment has started and that time is ticking. So, for me, the cons are minor.

Tikisha from Wells Fargo Bank

Cisco Easy to Use

Overall, the Jabber is very easy to use. It provides easy navigation & keeps a log of all the calls you have made.As well as providing a quick response when trying to control the volume.

Pros

I like the face that the settings within Cisco is very easy to use. You’re able to easily control the volume & select where & how you would like to hear the conference call whether it’s from the headset, tower, etc.

Cons

Well unfortunately I’ve been having a problem over the last two months where once Cisco automatically load it doesn’t work, I have log out manually & back in manually for a fresh connection & for Cisco to work. Also, the settings reset completely everytime you do a password change & you have to manually enter the program settings.

Corey from LexisNexis Risk Solutions

VPN connection

Pros

It's pretty intuitive and easy to use. We rolled it out broadly without much ramp up time required.

Cons

Sometimes the connection gets a little wonky. But other than that, it's a breeze!

Security

IT delivers on the needs.

I think it is a decent IM tool. I think the brand new Webex app has improved a lot both the UI and features. I believe Cisco made a smart move from Jabber to Webex app.

Pros

I believe Jabber delivers on the core use-cases or typical features Users require in regards to internal corporate chat (find people, chat, group chat, etc).

Cons

I think its user friendliness needed improvement. The mobile app was not very nice to use indeed.

Reasons for Choosing Cisco Jabber

Strategy to go Cisco for IP telephony & chat integration.

Strategic decision.

john from superemailmarktingways

My personal experince working with Cisco Jabber.

My overall experince is very good and i would recommned it for personal or commerical use.

Pros

The fact that you are able to commuincate with this software between two devices that have Jabber installed on them.

Cons

nothing that i do dislike personally, but i would like to see more added functinaclly to this software in the near future.

Reasons for Choosing Cisco Jabber

very reliable conferencing software.

Riley from Amplified Digital

8/10 stars

Overall, a great experience!

Pros

I liked the ease of being able to communicate with my coworkers in a fast manner.

Cons

The software lacked some specialized features on making this a communication tool - some type of additional support/systems for communication would be better.

Larry from BGSU

December 2021

Works well for VPN phone software

Pros

We use Jabber as a "soft phone" for those working remotely. Works well for phone and video calls/conferencing.

Cons

I've had sound problems that ITS is still working on. (May be a hard ware issue) - I have to crank volume on phone calls to the maximum. Not an issue with other programs on my laptop.

Satya from Berkley Insurance Company

Awesome Chatting tool

Intra business Communication. Its pretty nice software to have group chat and discussions which is good for Team collaboration. Individual Call and screen sharing facility is pretty good.

Pros

The Best thing is its easily Integrated with Microsoft Outlook. If you are in a meeting then automatically in Jabber the status shows "in a Meeting". If you are presenting then same the status will show presenting. IN that way the other person can know ur status and accordingly they will not disturb you. Also it is available on the mobile phone easily as it is very light weight and it doesn't require corporate Network at all. It will have features like Screen share and call via the tool is pretty nice.

Cons

The Feature to keep the backup the messages automatically is lacking here. You have to manually store the messages if you have to store. It will not automatically store. If you forget then the whole message history is gone. Also in Group chat we can't make a group call. Only we can share screen in the Group.

Reasons for Choosing Cisco Jabber

Integration with Microsoft outlook and Group Chat features available in Jabber.

Reasons for Switching to Cisco Jabber

Sametime doesn't have integration capability with Outlook.

While it's come a long way from its freeware days, Cisco needs to update this tool for the modern er

Jabber gets the job done for instant messaging, but companies need not worry about their employees getting lost in endless chats with each other. The interface is clunky and unintuitive. Setting a custom status is easy enough, but removing that status is not nearly as easy and requires an Internet search/hack. The emoji set looks about as appealing as AOL Instant Messenger from the late 1990s, and at least once a day I send messages to the wrong person somehow. The lack of avatars is telling, and while it has some integration with ActiveDirectory/Outlook, other products do it better. Its best feature (by far) is the reminder to join WebEx meetings, which doesn't require opening any programs at all. Slack or Skype will give you a superior chat experience, but Jabber is typical of Cisco products with a focus on back-end telephony.

Pros

This product has excellent integration with other Cisco software, particularly WebEx

Cons

Has terrible emoji support; is not customizable in any meaningful way; often send messages to the wrong people due to a cluttered interface

Reasons for Switching to Cisco Jabber

Product switched from was actually Lync, before Skype acquisition. The cost was the primary factor.

Jamie from Tennant Company

Industry: Machinery

Excellent corporate chat tool that works well with other Cisco products.

Jabber allows our users to communicate easily and efficiently throughout their work day. It gives quick access to WebEx and phone functions with other Cisco integrations.

Pros

Jabber is a solid chat client for the corporate environment. The desktop app is very robust and integrates well with other Cisco products. We have it integrated with our Cisco video phones and WebEx. You can share your desktop, launch a WebEx meeting or take calls over VOIP. It is easy to search for coworker with the active directory integration and organize contacts in groups. It also allows you to view missed calls and listen to voicemail if you have it integrated with your phone system. It will also remind you of WebEx meetings and allow you to launch them from the pop-up reminder. Overall, with the integrations, I believe it is one of the more feature complete chat clients on the market.

Cons

The mobile app is the only real weak point for Jabber. They have improved it a little over time, but it still has issues. I have used it both on iOS and Android and it is a battery hog. Significantly more battery drain when it is running. Also, it does not save login information when using single sign-on. This means I have to re-authenticate every time I open it fresh. This makes me question whether or not to open it when on the go. One other issue is slow file transfer. The feature is there and easy enough to select a file, but the transfer is very slow and fails at times. Could be better.

Alvaro from Maynilad Water Services, Inc.

Industry: Utilities

We use Jabber for both work and play in the office

We use Jabber for corporate presence, instant messaging, chat, voice and video calls. It works seamlessly with other Cisco products. And for me, a nostalgic value which reminds me that Jabber has been my go-to messaging platform for decades, and it continues to impress and be a reliable workhorse.

Pros

Initially, I can't believe that the Jabber software we loved back in the University has been aquired by Cisco. It was pleasant news because it signals the more professional maintenance and dev for this much loved software. We use Jabber (then, and) now for our main messaging software. It is easily deployable company-wide or even to small departments and teams for a limited/specialized use case. The UI is pretty clean, lite, fast, and functional. In the office, it is easy to see Presence (i.e., who's online and perhaps ready for a chat). Now the call both audio only or with video is very reliable. It is pretty solid for corporate use. Since this is owned by Cisco, you can expect seamless integration with a host of other CIsco products you may have (e.g., we use it in conjunction with Cisco WebEx).

Cons

Well... aesthetics matter a lot to me.. and Jabber, although has been refined a bit, still needs a more modern look and feel (especially now that there are tons of other messaging platforms available). Just a note though to keep backups of important conversations (e.g., in chat). I have had experience when my old messages got deleted when I leave a chat group.

Jeff from Berkley Tech Services

Overall an adequate chat app with features that tie to Cisco phones and Outlook.

I recommend this software if you utilize Outlook, WebEx, and Cisco phones. It has a lot of features that allow you to manage communication to Contacts all from in Jabber.

Pros

The tie ins with Outlook, WebEx, and Cisco phones work very well. Popup notifications for meetings and call notifications are clear. Interaction Options selectable from within the individual contact screens are robust. This is most noticeable when you are connected to Outlook, WebEx, and Cisco phones. You can pretty much do anything to conduct or initiate a meeting from in the Contact window. Automatic status changes when it detects your on the phone, in a meeting, etc works very well.

Cons

Lets start with if you don't use Outlook, WebEx, and Cisco phones you will not be able to leverage many features. In this case, you may want to consider other options. I have some small complaints such as: Inability to make the popups "on top" of any windows when triggered. When you don't already have Jabber chat open the only indicator is the icon on the taskbar is lit. As a deployment: An upgrade of the client is not a simple install-over of the latest client. It requires (thus far) an uninstall of the prior, then install of the current. This forces planning and user notification due to the possible interruption. As mentioned, this ties directly into Cisco phones. User can be hung up on as the client uninstalls and reinstalls if they had a call during this time.

Sara from TIV branding

Incredibly useful for companies that use phones

I use Cisco Jabber daily to communicate and it is smooth and efficient. If your company uses phones (I know there are a growing number of businesses that do not offer phone support at all), I highly recommend Cisco Jabber for clear communication. I have never had an issue with the voice/instant message services in over 2 years of using them.

Pros

I love that when someone leaves a voicemail, it sends a transcript directly to my email. As someone who prefer to read over listen (I know this is an odd trait for a millennial), this greatly improves my work day and allows me to keep working without having to listen to voicemails.

Cons

I find the instant messenger clunky and old fashioned. Let's make the interface modern, Cisco!

Reasons for Switching to Cisco Jabber

I changed companies and now don't have to use Jive ever again, thank goodness. Cisco offers excellent voice (unlike Jive) and I never have the issues of dropped calls, bad audio, choppy reception, not receiving calls, and other issues I experienced with Jive.

Timmy from Epic Software

A handy, referential client that provides IM support for Webex Meetings

Manage the client while many technical workers and executives within our organization message on it (both to me and without me, to one another). Group chats are easy to convert into video calls, fully-fledged Webex conferences, or both depending on the needs of they conversation.

Pros

I love that IMs during Webex meetings made and/or hosted through Jabber will be saved, securely, forever. There are often times where a good point is made during a meeting and it's up to the secretary to remember the point, its context, and then send it out again. Jabber allows us to make and store these observations in real-time.

Cons

1-on-1 messages between users are stored locally on the disk. This can lead to problems with security if users are unaware their storage is local and their workspace security is compromised. Larger, group messages are encrypted and stored safely on the cloud, though.

Reasons for Switching to Cisco Jabber

Slack messages still required a group of our size to switch to a separate client in order to have a separate multi-party video calling conference.

Mia from Synchrony Financial

Cisco jabber is Good however there are malfunctions

The software is great however behind every system operation is a person. My experience elsewhere has led me to believe that a person motives could be good or bad. Before I rate the software as horrible I will question the motives of the one controlling the software within the company. You are the designer and I must admit you've done a great job. How companies use your product is on the company once the product is sold. I've noticed small businesses and employment outside of call centers experience little to no malfunctioning when using your product. Big business and corporations is where I experienced the most software issues.

Pros

Being able to communicate with employees around the world by phone, email, web, messaging, etc. The software is great depending on how it's being used. I've worked with Cisco products elsewhere and find that there was little to no system issues. It's amazing how you can conduct meetings face to face elsewhere by web and associate with everyone in the office.

Cons

The software will malfunction and completely stop performing its duties. Jabber will interfer with how avaya which is a phone system operates causing disconnection in calls and system freezing. I noticed after not using jabber the calls became normal and the system freezing discontinued. I find that a lot of call centers offering work from home positions requires the use of jabber and has implemented the use into company policies resulting in termination if the software is not used however on site employees are not required to use the software. The software can be used as spyware within a security team.

Scott from Hospital & Healthcare

Cisco Jabber - A Powerful Tool For Anyone

Currently, we find an uptick in productivity and inter-department communication with the implementation of Jabber, especially after recent months of re-education for users on how to use, set up, customize, and get the most out of the service.

Pros

Jabber is a good looking, easy to use, and incredibly useful tool. It can share screen captures very easily, supports embedded images and emotes as well as "mentions" to bring in others to the conversation, and is updated and supported regularly by Cisco.

Cons

Setting it up to integrate into your Call Manager phone system can be a bit of a bear if you are new to setting up Cisco environments. Thankfully the Cisco support team is very responsive and helpful.

Reasons for Choosing Cisco Jabber

We have a Cisco environment and the integration with the phones was easy to achieve with our existing infrastructure.

Cisco Jabber in everyday life

I support users of the company where I work and they always speak very highly of Cisco Jabber, the Application has been improving more and more. I do conference call with it every day and I am more and more surprised, the application looks great and is easy to use.

Pros

Easy to implement software, I helped to implement the software in the company where I work and it was very smooth. Cisco Jabber is very intuitive and easily accepted by the user, you can use it on your computer and also on your mobile phone, an excellent and practical application, I strongly recommend Cisco Jabber.

Cons

The video-conference part is little disclosed when purchasing the Software. It would be a point where the marketing sector can invest, disseminate this functionality that JABBER has, so that they could get more customers.

I use Cisco jabber everyday for meeting, chatting , sharing snapshot,sharing screen with Colleagues.

In my daily work life, I discuss my issues , make a call, sharing screen while doing my problem. I can easily talk with any of my colleague with this and share my screenshots of issues and bugs easily with different people. With this, i can see client or colleague's screen to view their issues in better way. I can share my instant status with someone while i am on the call or in the meeting so someone not disturb me while busy work. I can create the group whenever i need to call my colleagues for my achievements sweets or discuss about the good news with them. Share the emoticons with them and let them know my instant mood. Moreover, i can arrange meeting with clients and ping to them for urgent meeting if he/she is available on the same time.

Pros

We can share screen with client and colleague's system with this and ping to anyone which under Cisco connection. We can create the common group , sharing screenshots , use different emoticons etc with this. It helps a lot to us in our daily work. This is simple tool, the laymen also use this with simple way.

Cons

The most least thing about this is which happed to me many times that while meeting with client it automatically disconnected. And also Cisco jabber delete the history messages which i think it worst thing. Sometimes we need to see old messages but for some time stamp it delete the messages. If it stores all the history then it would be lovable.

Rohit from ITC Hotels

For personal instant messaging WhatsApp is there but when it comes to Professio there is Jabber.

Instant messaging with coworker, desktop sharing, sending screen shot.

Pros

1. Small, simple and easy interface for instantly messaging in one in the work hour. 2. Desktop sharing is another cool feature i use it when get stuck somewhere and needed advice of senior. 3. One of the most interesting feature of Jabber that few people knows is Alert when available it;s not like you can not message a person when he is not online you do but sometime you just want to message them in real time then this feature work as charm and you get notified when that person become online. 4.Easy to create group and message them as a whole this feature comes in handy when there is birthday of any coworker and you would like to notify your friends that there is special kind of arrangement in pantry at once but yes you can do that personally as well. 5.Password protected.

Cons

1. Older messages get automatically deleted I think at least till now I have not found a way to restore them back but yes I think there would be the solution. 2. I would loved it if they had this feature alert when offline that is quite similar to alert when available. By this way I can track someone's. 3. Interface is easy at the same time boring.

Team chatting

We as a team with more than 200 users per day have little issues will any off the dad to day stuff. It just works and works well.

Pros

I like the fact that is can control my desk phone. Working away I can answer my phone with just a mouse click and it pops up in my screen and or i can decline call and it goes to voice mail with just one click. Plus it can do other things like play voice mail and share your screen for quick meetings. Plus it has a Active Directory

Cons

Sometime the LDAP dose not bring over the new passwords when people are forced to change passwords. Than is about all we have had issues wish in 4 years.

Reasons for Choosing Cisco Jabber

It was more integrated with our phone system and gave us more functionality and better management.

Andrew from ISG Technology

Jabber is awesome!

It has been great, I like it a lot. Jabber has been a real pleasure to use over some of the other options out there.

Pros

I use Jabber everyday at my workplace and it is a great way to communicate. Here are a few of my favorite features... - Instant Messaging. you can easily add and manage contacts into groups, you can also start a group chat with a predefined contact group. - Like most messengers your status Is visible. You can also set a custom status. - The interface is clean and simple and can be made compact when needed to safe valuable screen space. - Jabber can also integrate with your phone! this means you can make calls though your desk phone. This of course needs to be setup by your organization beforehand. Making a call is as easy as right clicking on a contact and then selecting the call option or even pasting in a number and clicking the call button. - You also have the ability to initiate a screen sharing session which is a very cool collaborative function as well as video calling.

Cons

It can be configured to integrate with Active directory which is a great feature but sometimes when its time to update a password it does not always sync up correctly.

Sanchita from Amdocs

Cisco Jabber - A Professional way of communication

Cisco jabber is helping us to manage communication with in the complete office. It's really a great professional instant message application that help to get connecting colleagues in the instant way.

Pros

Cisco jabber is an instant messaging application that provide the professional environment for communication with in a network . Integrity of Cisco jabber with Outlook & IP is really amazing and provide the real time update with it that other person is busy or on call or in meeting. Group chat is possible where a host can join it with a simple approval or setting the auto-approval. Screen share & Desktop control is also possible with Cisco Jabber. Their is a limited and some professional emojis also which help in expressing the feeling for our words.

Cons

The least thing I like in it is that we can not share the images in group chat. Chat history is also very important in professional world can Cisco Jabber should work hard to fix the bug of deleting the history and images that share on the chat, I will loving if they come up with an option of archive chat so we don't delete or loss our important chat. Their are some annoying default setting that company should fix it by default.

Duaha from Donaldson Company, LLC

Cisco Jabber Review

I work in IT and there has been times when our remote connectivity software does not work. I've had to use cisco jabber to fix issues, but because it needs a system administrator's credentials to do certain things on the computer it kicks me off when the credential window pops up. Asides that, my overall experience with jabber is great. It's not really made to do remote work, but it has that functionality. If they look into upgrading that, I'm sure IT would love it.

Pros

I like how the ease of communication is at your fingertips, by simply typing in a colleague's name and being able to instantly message them. Another feature I really enjoy with cisco jabber is that you are able to share your screen with colleagues and if you need help with something, you can authorize them to take remote control of your mouse. This comes especially handy if you work in IT support and there are issues with remote connectivity. I've had to resort to using cisco jabber to assist staff with issues before. See it as a two in one kind of deal.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is that when a colleague shares their screen with me and I take control of the mouse, when asked to enter in system admin credentials it kicks me off and we have to reconnect.

Brad from Computer Services, Inc.

A great way to keep your team communicating.

About two years ago our company adopted Jabber as the communication standard. I feel like it has helped bring us together, and it has made it so much easier to find and communicate with someone in the company. I can look up an employee by name and dial them directly, I can group them by teams, I can see at a glance when I've missed a call from someone. It really has revolutionized the way our company communicates.

Pros

This software has so many features. It has most of the features you'd expect from a chat client (see cons for a few that are missing), but where it really shines is the integration it allows for your Microsoft Outlook and Webex functionality. It also syncs with my phone extension so that you can not only see when I'm on a call, you can also dial someone from directly within the app. It also allows you to control your voicemail from within Jabber. You also have the ability to share your screen and even do screen snippits from within the app. It is very user-friendly.

Cons

Okay, this is kind of petty, but I wish there were more social features. All you get for emojis are just a few still images. I like having animated emojis, GIFs, and memes to communicate with like you do in other communication apps.

Vandana from Deloitte India

Cisco Jabber a great collaboration tool

Integration of Cisco Jabber with Microsoft Office is great and helps in to fetch the meeting details from Outlook calendar. The Android Auto integration is great. The Multi-line allow the user to receive and call over multiple line with complete details of line being used.

Pros

Cisco Jabber is a great collaboration tool. User interface for instant messaging and desktop screen sharing enhance the user experience with its enrich features and functionality like popup notification for instant messages. Newly added emoji in Cisco Jabber 12.0 looks more interesting that add expression to your words. We can manage the group in our contact list. The group chat auto join is a great feature that helps to join the group in case you are not available to accept the group request. Jabber bots can launch the chats and calls.

Cons

We are using the Cisco Jabber from past four years. The search panel for chat is a missing feature and needs to be added. Cisco Jabber should also work on encrypted backup and archiving chat options. It also needs the features to hide the images under chat and should enable the image share on group chat. Groups should also come with history feature.

Something best to use for chatting!!

I am happily using cisco jabber from last 3 years in my office. And I am very satisfied with the features and its intelligences. Thank you cisco jabber team, you people have done excellent work.

Pros

It's has excellent intelligence of framing all things related to chat in a single window like: 1. It shows all the person name whom you have chatted in a column left side of display and at the same time it also shows number of messages that people are sending you. 2. It memories all messages in one to one message form. So user can read it later if needed. 3. It provides the feature to create chat group to discuss anything with many people at a time. 4. It provides the feature to share screen with other user and give read/write access which very useful for corporate sector. 5. Jabber has given many commonly used status like: Available, In meeting, do not disturb, offline..etc and also has feature to customise status. 6. It has excellent features of showing you notifications when particular person becomes available on jabber. 7. It has features to save chats.

Cons

1. Sometimes screenshots sent on jabber gets deleted.

Benjamin from Newtek Technology Services

Excellent business-level communications

As far as chat/messaging utilities goes, you really can't beat this one since it easily integrates with many other cisco software products making for a seamless experience when working with others and communicating with clients.

Pros

It has most of the basic functions to allow easy communication and sharing of documents in an office environment. It also organizes any files making them easy to locate later when needed.

Cons

The history it stores for communications is a bit limited at times especially when you realize you need to go back to review a conversation only to find it was just outside the time limit it saves.

Reasons for Switching to Cisco Jabber

The integration with other Cisco products was the primary reason.

Kelvin from Self Employed

Easy-to-use call and instant messaging application

Very good overall. The must-have application for remote working. Much more easier to use than other work messaging applications. And a huge plus for integrating chat functionality to the app. Highly recommended for anyone that works in the office or works remotely. Especially helpful for freelancers or frequently travellers that need to contact colleagues or anyone out of the house.

Pros

Cisco Jabber is very easy to use. It has various useful functions for work communications. It has call functions that reduces the need for a physical phone, so it is convenient for me to call anyone on the go using my work number without carrying an extra phone. Quality calls even for conferencing. It also has instant messaging which allows me to chat with colleagues easily without calling them, espcially when during meetings where I could not talk on the phone. You could paste any photos onto the chat easily, so it's quicker than sending attachments via email. It allows you to customise your status, so people would know if you are online (free to talk) or busy or away from your laptop.

Cons

Not a lot that I dislike about Cisco Jabber. But would love to have Jabber on mobile phone via app for easier remote working or on-the-go instant messanging!

Great Communications Tool

Our department wide use of this application has been slow coming. We had several staff members that were reluctant to ditch their phone and go with Jabber. A few teams decided to give it a shot just among themselves, and after awesome experiences it has caught on like wild fire. We now have more than 90% of our department using jabber almost exclusively.

Pros

This application has allowed our department to ditch conventional IP phones. It has saved us money on hardware, and has provided us the ability to communicate securely within our organization from basically anywhere we have a internet connection. We have this tied into our CISCO phone system so it works just like having a traditional phone. My team has the application on their computers and cell phones. They can answer their calls from both and chat with team members with ease.

Cons

The only minor con is that of ease of use. Like any application, it takes a bit of time to get used to and understand. It doesn't work exactly like a traditional phone would, so understanding the new conventions it requires can take some time.

Cisco Jabber

Use of Jabber has been very positive. When we moved from Avaya to Cisco, it meant we didn;t need to buy handsets for all users. With the addition of Cisco Expressway, remote working has been improved, with the ability to use office numbers from home, without just forwarding the number.,

Pros

Great range of features and can be quickly set up to replace a physical phone. Enables easy access to Cisco's migration path to the cloud.

Cons

Frequent updates can be a pain and no automatic updates. Doesn't always pick the correct headset/mic, even though a default can be configured.

Cost

Great Software

Cisco Jabber facilitates all the basic functions of a messenger, chatting,video and voice calls with utmost ease and so overally my experience is positive. However, more improvement needs to be done on the aspects of improving quality of voice calls.

Pros

A simple glance at Cisco-Jabber's interface would intrigue you to navigate the software, it is really simple to use and any first timer would second me. I also love the fact that you can share your screen with quite a lot of ease. Intergration with other software, WebEx in particular, gives it a plus.

Cons

Voice quality is so terrible that my organisation disabled the feature within the first few days of use. The number of software that can be intergrated are really limited and large organisations may not even consider it as a pimary operating software. As much as file transfer is enabled, the process is notably so slow and also it does not save your login information which may slow you down when you are on the go. The messenger interface also looks outdated, to a trained eye.

Bheesam from Ciena

it is awesome, easy to chat, group chat, screen/desktop sharing features are awesome.

i have been using this for more then 3 year and it makes my work like scheduling meeting , chatting with teammates singly or in group very easy. i do not need to look for my notebook or anywhere to find the phone number and email id to contac the person and it can be easily seen in jabber.

Pros

we can see the profile i.e online/offline status, phone number, mails id . Screen/desktop sharing feature is quite easy and consumes less bandwidth as compare to other software like slack. 'Send mail' option is really time saving . User can Customize status according to his need.scheduling meeting and easy integration with outlook are impressive feature, in one click we can see the meetings detail from jabber, can schedule a new meeting .

Cons

i don't see any option like slack where we can use any other app with in the jabber just like we do in slack. on my personal PC i found that history get deleted automatically after few days, there should be option to retrieve the history which got deleted previously automatically. Emoticons are less in Jabber as compared to slack

Mujgan from BLG

Industry: Law Practice

Cisco Jabber is amazing!!

Overall, I love using Cisco Jabber. When my company first installed it on my computer, I was very hesitant in using yet another software. But once I did start using it, I thought wow, this is amazing!! It works great for collaboration and meetings.

Pros

Cisco Jabber is very easy to use and has great features. I relied on it on a daily basis since working from home started due to COVID. You have the option to either directly send a chat message or call a colleague or anyone else who uses Jabber. The best thing about it that it shows each person's availability status. I love using Cisco Jabber. It has made my life so much easier. Another great feature is it allows you to create "rooms" which is like group chats. It also allows for screen sharing which is extremely useful.

Cons

The only feature that I wish Cisco Jabber had is to keep all the chat history in Jabber. It does save it to my email folder but it would have been more convenient to have it all in one place where you can just scroll up and see all the previous chats. Another feature I wish it was a search option where you can search for a keyword and it would pop up all the chats where that word was used.

Anna from HCSC

Jabber

I use Jabber every day at work to communicate with my coworkers. It is especially useful now that I am working remote every day and cannot communicate with them in person, however, jabber has always been a useful tool even pre-covid.

Pros

It is very intuitive and easy to use. The ability to send screenshots is a definite plus (and I like the emojis).

Cons

There are many times that I would like to share my screen in a group chat, and Cisco Jabber does not allow you to send screenshots/images in a chat with more than one person.

Company changed products.

Aki from Givaudan

Industry: Chemicals

Jabber is the old WebEx

It was ok during 2016 but not ok now. The overall experience was fundamental, not really something wow. Jabber has done its job and we should give the credit. However, in 2021, with its features, I don't think it will survive and outlast the competition.

Pros

Jabber is pretty nice during its time. I first use Jabber on 2016 where it was considered a serious competitor for Lotus Notes Sametime. It's very basic, features are fundamentals. You can send a real time chat, you can know if a person is online, you can share small files. There was also Jabber voice which is an extension of the chat, it works ok, but found to be wanting.

Cons

Real-time messaging platforms evolved and Jabber did not, or at least I think its the end of product life for Jabber. Cisco has replaced it with WebEx Teams during that time, which now rebranded to WebEx. The chat feature is a lot more advanced and richer than Jabber. The voice has also evolved which made WebEx Teams a serious consideration of upgrade compared to Jabber.

Yeni from Autodesk

Jabber is a must for the corporate environment.

Pros

Jabber enable everyone in my organization to work efficiently as a group ,even without having to be physically present in the office environment. I love how Jabber effectively combines audio messages ,instant messages ,web conference and video conference into one powerful client on my desktop and smartphone. I love the smartphone app.(Android), it has been a reliable way to stay connected with my team while on the move. Allowing me to join conference calls or dial personal numbers right from my smartphone. It integrates well with Cisco video phone and we recently imtegrated it with Webex,making it easier to launch webex meetings.By integrating with my phone ,I am able to manage my missed calls ,and listen to messages dropped by callers on my voicemail.

Cons

Inability to search my conversation history is a personal grudge I have got with Jabber . Am also wondering why anytime I leave a group ,all of my conversations on the group gets removed.

Jennifer from TruGreen

Cisco Jabber

Overall, I am very happy with Cisco Jabber. I would not be able to perform my job duties as effectively without it, nor would the employees that I supervise.

Pros

Cisco Jabber is extremely helpful to be able to communicate instantly to someone else in your company, regardless of what location they sit in. It allows real-time communication, which is far more efficient than email, when you need answers quickly. Also, it is extremely helpful that it has the capability for you to be able to send screen captures to another user, as well as to use screen sharing, in order to determine what is happening on someone else's computer, when they are in a different location than you.

Cons

The only thing that could be considered at all negative about this software in my opinion, is that it can sometimes become a tool used by employees to gossip with one another or complain. This can sometimes be difficult, but the benefits of the instant communication far outweigh any issues that that would bring about.

Access to your work phone at any time of day

Cisco Jabber allows me to leave work without worrying that I'll miss an important call or not be able to contact someone from my work extension. It also makes retrieving voicemails much easier with the option to have them emailed to you. Communicating over the phone and staying connected becomes much more convenient with this software.

Pros

Cisco Jabber allows me to call people on my cellphone as if I were in the office. I really like how I can stay connected to those I contact for work without giving out my personal number. I also receive emails whenever I get a voicemail and can listen to them from my email account without being at my phone or dialing in from another phone. It has made the times I need to work outside of office hours much more convenient. I'm not a tech person at all and have found Jabber easy to use.

Cons

I much prefer other messaging services like Slack over Jabber's instant messaging tool. That said, I have no complaints about the phone aspect of this software.

Lakin from Squaretrade

Industry: Consumer Electronics

I wish my company still used Jabber

I switched over to Cisco Jabber months after the rest of my team switched over to Cisco IP Communicator because I had already used IP Communicator and didn't like it. By using Cisco Jabber, I was able to provide more consistent and efficient support to my customers as I did not have to circumvent technical issues.

Pros

I have used both Cisco IP Communicator and Cisco Jabber. I found Cisco Jabber to be much more user friendly and I encountered very few technical issues when using Cisco Jabber. I continued to use it until my company forced me to switch over to Cisco IP Communicator. I also really love the address book feature that Jabber has, as I would use the address book to quickly call the repair centers my company is partnered with.

Cons

Cisco IP Communicator frequently has issues where the phone will restart continuously to the point where you cannot log in. There will also be issues where it registers someone else as being logged into your extension even though they are not, which also makes it to where you cannot log in. I never encountered these issues with Cisco Jabber, so I do not have many qualms with Cisco Jabber. The only recommendation I can make is that it would be nice if Jabber had a more compact version, as this is one of the few pieces of functionality I like about IP Communicator.

Veda from Abbvie

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Jabber

Overall is that out of other messengers I really love Jabber. I would rate it a 10/10 and would recommend it to anyone.

Pros

I really love the fact that it is very easy to navigate and use. Helps a lot getting in contact with someone at work instead of emailing and waiting for a reply. What I love about jabber is that you can ever share your screen with other coworkers!

Cons

I really don’t have a con about jabber but maybe they could have more emojis and font colors to spark up a convo.

Reasons for Switching to Cisco Jabber

I thought jabber was the better way to go then slack. More professional I would say.

Jamie Anne from Convergys

Powerful tool in the workplace

Overall, I love Jabber's simplicity. Work itself is tedious and it is relaxing to use a tool that is pleasant to the eyes while allowing everyone to connect and get the job done. It is indeed a Unified Communicator.

Pros

I used Cisco Jabber for over 3 years. I worked in a large call center and it was very essential for each agent as it helps us communicate even without going to someone's desk. Call centers are busy and customers could not afford to have unnecessary background noises. I like Jabber because the instant messages, calls and video conferencing are secured. I also love that we were able to create group chats and actually name them and we were allowed to share files, attachments or screenshots. Another plus point is it's MS Outlook Integration. The user interface is also friendly and simple.

Cons

I think Cisco Jabber can improve on its Mobile Application. There were times when it lagged that I had to re-install.

Sukesh from Tech Mahindra

Easy communication tool for texting,sharing screen,audio call,video call

I had greate experience using Cisco Jabber as I use it often in my client meetings,to contact my friends/colleagues/other members through messages,audio call,video call.I mostly use it for group chat where we can coordinate in my work in a better way.

Pros

Cisco jabber has many features which includes messaging,audio call,video call,group chats,screen sharing and etc etc. It allows me to create group and have conversation with them in various ways. It allows me to initiate group chat which is very helpful when we work with various teams/members on tasks/issues. I often use it for video calling with my client,my friends and relatives.We can easily see the chat history and initiate meetings. We can keep various status for example offline,away,online,in a meeting and many other which helps us understand each other in a better way.

Cons

I dont find any cons of such but group video chating could be enabled for better communication

Leola from R&D Systems

Cisco Jabber helps keep us connected, a great tool for effective communication

By using jabber, we can quickly send messages to another colleague who has the information we need or can help us solve problems. An email can be buried in someone's Inbox, but I discovered that Jabber appears to get his attention much faster.

Pros

A quick and easy way to communicate with coworkers without missing a question in an email inbox, It is extremely useful for collaboration and I really like how I can send messages to someone who does not work in my office without having to call them. I like how it does not show if you read the message or not, but it shows up when you receive a response. I also like how easy it is to find people by phone number and see who is available online to chat. It is also easy to sort and see what calls I have received, lost and placed without having to look through my Cisco phone.

Cons

I don't like that once you close out of the jabber room the history of your conversation disappears forever. Sometimes, particularly when it is important and references a work related event, it would be helpful to be able to go back and reference the original source

Syed from Mashreq banks

Screen Sharing & training purpose

Before pandemic situation I was working one of the project it really helps me to view the screen on my testing team and taking the immediate action instead of sending mail and screen shot and analyzing the root cause. And it also help me for implementing training program between offshore and onshore sites. Having said that some times facing some technical problem with PC you can share your screen with technical team to fix the problem.

Pros

1)User friendly option for screen sharing. 2)Easy to take access control while screen sharing. 3)Conferencing facilities available. 4) Coping number from address book and pasting Jabber in dialer. 5) Making direct calls from Jabber. 6) Built-in chat box to communicate with the team 7) option to create the team for group calls and presentation 8) Group Video call facilities

Cons

Currently screen sharing options is available on desktop version same can't be view in mobile. In between Jabber gets auto log off

Cisco Jabber

Overall, I enjoyed using Jabber. It was an easy to use program that allowed interoffice communication. I would recommend other companies use this software for their in-office chatrooms.

Pros

I worked for Bershire Hathaway at National Indemnity Company for two and a half years and we used Jabber for interoffice communication. I found it extremely helpful and easy to use. I liked that it displayed our office status to other users/friends. It was also nice that it connected with our Cisco phones and we could take calls from the computer with a click of a button rather than reaching over for the phone itself.

Cons

The only thing I have to complain about with this software is that a while back they updated the emojis and got rid of several emojis that I was used to using. They have new emojis, but it would be nice if they still had the option to use the old emojis. More choices are better in my opinion.

yana from Verizon

Cisco Jabber Room - Share Room

Chat Rooms allow all our team even in a different countries, zone to participate in this chat. Also we can have a Video Call and share our screen like in WebEx. We can chat with colleagues even when on a call. See the status of others (DND or on call...). We can lunch meetings from Jabber very easy, simple to use.

Pros

We could create a chat room , the idea is to only configure persistent chat settings in these rooms vs. to temporary chat rooms. In this chat everything will stay even if all users will leave the chat vs ad-hoc chat. The chat remains available until removed. We can see all our communication. It allows all our team even in a different countries, zone to participate in this chat.

Cons

Video calling, needs to be improved. Access to old conversations when we are not using Rooms. I can't send screenshots to offline people on our team.

Reasons for Switching to Cisco Jabber

The company made this decision.

One of the best tool for organizational communication.

Overall one thing I can say with confidence that Cisco jabber is one of the best tool I came across for IM and organizational communications.

Pros

I have been using cisco jabber from last 4 years and I can say this is one of the best tools for the IM communications within an organization. It offer various other features along with IM such as syncing IP configured phone with the user profile where the users can communicate via IM OR Phone using jabber. Far much better software for sharing screen captures to the other jabber users. Finally one of the best feature that I like the most is group communication where the user can create IM groups with multiple users and share the information.

Cons

Sometimes screen sharing via jabber is slow and the real time sharing of remote screens gets very difficult to deal with but this can be dealt with using network with better speeds.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 1,056 reviews