All Ecamm Live Reviews

Phil

Computer Software, 1 employee

Used unspecified

Reviewed March 2024

Ecamm Live Review: For Higher Quality WebShoots.

Alexander V

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2022

Ecamm is simply an outstanding software for educators

PROS

The integration into Zoom and all this rogue amoeba are a breeze and just work. The whole setup-process is intuitive and fun. This is not just a software it is a very active and alive community with help on all channels only remotely connected to the software (image compostition, any hardware/software connection issue, questions about setup and so many tipps and videos and live casts to get you on a another level). New features are constantly added -there is a beta branch and direct contact to developers.

CONS

The price is steep for someone who is starting a startup and wants to tap into the live streaming world.

Reasons for switching to Ecamm Live

Ecamm is more professional, has a fun, understandable and lighter interface. Quality was better on Ecamm.

Phil

Printing, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2022

This should be your baseline for all of you video communications

My experience with Ecamm Live has made creating tutorial videos for my software packages, product reviews and even social media messaging has been massively elevated using this software.

PROS

Creating video content with this software is easy and fun with Ecamm Live, with the ability to add branded graphics to your video content, tutorials, live streams and even your video messaging. Its features are akin to a professional broadcasting studio which can easily be managed by a single person running the software on a Mac. I originally came to this software looking to connect a Canon DSLR camera to my Mac to improve my WebCam quality, and fell into this awesome result where you can connect a variety of different cameras and devices easily.

CONS

The software is permanently been developed, it is not a redundant software being left by the developers it is a fast moving and feature rich software which only improves by age.

Reason for choosing Ecamm Live

Ecamm Live was made for the Mac and seemed morte personable.

Reasons for switching to Ecamm Live

Ecamm Live was made for the Mac and seemed morte personable.

Thank you, Phil! Good to hear about your experience and about how you found us

Tony

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

ECAMM What compares?

PROS

I like all of the features of the software.

CONS

This software is not moderately priced like its competitors.

Feature set in ECAMM

Thank you for sharing your experience, Tony!

Aeron

Sports, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2022

Love the product, just have a couple of suggestions

PROS

Ease of use is top notch. There's nothing more important than being able to run the show easily while also performing and Ecamm is by far the easiest. Working it becomes second nature.

CONS

These are dislikes, just some ideas. I absolutely love the software. 1. Member Super Chats should be highlighted just like regular Super Chats. 2. More than just 2 audio input options. 3. When using the audio monitor feature, the latency is really bad, making it impossible for a guest to talk and hear themselves at the same time because of the delay. 4. I would like to have more than 1 audio monitor option. 5. It would be cool if the software generated how much money each user has spent on the channel similar to the feature on OBS. 6. I would love it if the software could keep a hard copy of the chat during live sessions. 7. This might be really complicated and I'm not even sure if it's possible, but it would be awesome if there was a way to communicate with callers during the show and screen them before the host puts them on. A way a different person could screen them first. 8. It would be great if there was a way to view a different scene independently while the stream is going. For example, there are times when I start the show and there is a intro video going, but it would be cool if I could see myself on camera before I switch to that scene. Right now you can't monitor a scene without it broadcasting. I absolutely love Ecamm, these are just some ideas that I get from using the software.

Reasons for switching to Ecamm Live

Ecamm's customization to Mac and its ease of use and reliability

Thank you, Aeron! We really appreciate the feedback/ideas.

Kirk

Media Production, 2-10 employees

Awesome Recording and Live Production Software

With Ecamm's Virtual Camera I can run any meeting (Zoom, Teams, Google Meet, etc) the way I want to essentially having a production studio in my back pocket. For my Live Shows Ecamm Scenes make self-production a simple process allowing you to focus on delivering value. For my Client shows Ecamm Profiles keeps me organized, Ecamm Scene Export allows me to deliver the whole shows without much setup on the client end, and the local recording feature gives me a high quality finished product to deliver to the client upon completion.

PROS

Flexibility to create an experience for my audience that was unique and engaging. Along with a ton of must-have features: NDI, Multiple Cameras, Customizable Lower Thirds, Customizable Camera Position on screen, Video Playback, Sound Effects, Camera Effects, integration with Mobile, ability to Share Screen, Virtual Camera for Video Conferencing Platforms, Isolated Audio Tracks, Advanced Audio Settings, Widgets, Overlays, Animations, native Camera support, and much much more.

CONS

It requires a high-end computer to run this software well and it's only for Macs. Now that the Mac Mini has the M1 chip we now have a reasonably priced option that runs Ecamm perfectly.

Reason for choosing Ecamm Live

The way Scenes are designed in Ecamm they are the key to everything else and that methodology makes sense to me allowing me to really create some creative TV quality shows.

Reasons for switching to Ecamm Live

StreamYard is an awesome product because of it's simplicity. I simply outgrew what was possible with StreamYard and needed a platform that would give me full control to design and dream up a broadcast with no limitations. Ecamm is that product.

Thank you for such a detailed and thoughtful review, Kirk. We really appreciate it.

Javier

Entertainment, 1 employee

Old School User Review

I'm a stand up comedian, podcaster and late night show host. Everything I produce except Live Stand Up Shows, I produce them with Ecamm. I also produce podcasts for other customers, using the multicam feature has made my life easier because I don't have to edit that much in post. and during the pandemic, the interview mode allowed me to keep doing interviews and performing Stand Up shows remotely. So you guys allowed me to keep working. Thanks! Every update makes the software even better and I appreciate the dedication you guys have to guarantee us the best overall experience as users. I feel respected as a customer.

PROS

Old user since 2017, I remember when I started using it and it was already a great product.Now, with all the features that have been added in the last few years have made it no brainer when you're thinking of having a professional live streaming show. All the tools are easy to find and it make my stream look like a pro tv show. The interview feature was a game-changer, specially during the pandemic. The integration with other platforms and tools like the streamdeck add more value to the overall product.

CONS

Well, the biggest Con with Ecamm is that is very expensive, and you need to invest in hardware too that is not cheap. It's a mac only software and macs are not cheap either. I feel the interview mode still needs improvement (specially with the browser compatibility) and mic camera options. The customization of the interview link needs work too (pictures, logos, etc) Of course, there's the infamous "multi stream" request. I know that feature requires more bandwidth from the user side (I tried Wirecast and my router modem almost exploded, my computer too). So I assume that in order to offer that , you might need to invest in more servers, bandwidth a stuuf that might increase the Ecamm subscription. However, if you guys keep the same price most people are paying right now for the basic Restream plan (minus the 30% discount I got from the Ecamm Perks) I'm pretty sure everyone will make the switch to the embedded multistream feature.

Reason for choosing Ecamm Live

Old school Ecamm User since 2017. Not a fan of web browser based streaming platforms. I think they're very limited in graphics and other media for heavy users like myself

Thanks Javier! We so appreciate that you've been an Ecamm user for so long. We hear you RE: multistreaming and additional costs. We'll do what we can to make the software accessible and affordable.

Brian

Wine and Spirits, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2022

The essential/best live streaming/production suite

I just can’t say enough great things about this software and community. It’s easy to use and helped save a company I work with during the pandemic by giving us game changing live stream features.

PROS

The virtual cam is why I want the pro route but in the time since then they have added interview mode (a life saver during the pandemic) and now the upcoming virtual mic features. The team has grown the software tremendously since purchase and really listen to their customers pushing in fixes and features enhancements on a pretty aggressive (timely) schedule. The owners and team are active in the community and it shows.

CONS

Honestly they keep taking out/repairing/upgrading any gripe I find. Some would probably like extra audio sources above the two mics built in but there are ways around it. I do wish the virtual cam was part of standard and web overlays (I would buy pro for all the other features) but that is really just to help out my college student that uses it for live-streaming as well.

Reason for choosing Ecamm Live

We chose Ecamm because of the features and was of use. We purchased 1 hour before a live stream to replace our other software and within that hour was setup and ready to go.

Thank you so much for sharing this experience with us, Brian. It's good to hear and we'll pass it along to the team.

Reviewed February 2022

My go-to! I do ALL my live streams with it!

Great! I would definitely recommend it. I just need to solve the sluggish computer problem when Ecamm is running.

PROS

I love the fact that it's so customizable. You can put text and images pretty much anywhere you want, you can resize the dimensions of the video that you are streaming, and of course that you can save these as templates and hop from one set up screen to another set up. I also love that you can share screen so I can share my drawings and Keynotes and pretty much anything else that's on my computer screen. You can even resize the bubble of your videoed face with the picture-in-picture mode.

CONS

I wish that they would give their past one-time subscribers the option to buy just the Ecamm Live Interview feature. The current feature that you have to do with Skype (note that I'm using the version of Ecamm which just needed to be bought one time) doesn't seem to work well, we had problems with audio and such and had to switch to Zoom. I also dislike that their screen capturing set up isn't that well done... when I switch to stream my Keynote slides, there would be 0.1s blackouts. I also really dislike that my whole computer slows down when Ecamm is running. The means that when I try to draw on a drawpad, my drawings become slow and sluggish. That doesn't happen with Zoom or other software like Be.Live.

Reasons for switching to Ecamm Live

Be.Live just wasn't as customizable or as fun as Ecamm.

Vivian

Arts and Crafts, 1 employee

I love Ecamm

I absolutely love Ecamm. It is so feature-rich and easy to use I think anyone would be able to use it in their business. From live-streaming to pre-recording content, Ecamm does it all. I've used Ecamm for years and never had any problems with it. If I have any questions, I just go to their extensive library of "how-to" videos and find the answer.

PROS

I love the ease of use I get with Ecamm. The ability to brand my live streams, connect with viewers and build relationships in real-time is essential to my business. Ecamm is rich in features and functions and meets all of my needs as an online art educator.

CONS

I wish it was a little easier to integrate into YouTube.

Reason for choosing Ecamm Live

More features, easier to use

Reasons for switching to Ecamm Live

Ecamm had more features at the time and easier to use.

David and Kylie

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2020

Practically a necessity in this time of COVID

We have been able to improve not only our FBLive events, but also our Zoom chat appearances. SO GOOD!

PROS

Ecamm Live allows us to produce a high-quality video production. Also, a fantastic, giving community on FB that helps you do all that you want to do.

CONS

Right now, it is missing an easy "guest" integration. However, I understand they are working on a built-in system and there are a couple of decent workarounds.

Reason for choosing Ecamm Live

I like the fact that Ecamm Live is a stand-alone product that is not dependent on Chrome or Firefox Browsers

Reasons for switching to Ecamm Live

For us the switch was based on the integration of a live comments feature.

Thanks so much for the recommendation, David and Kylie. We are definitely working hard on a guest feature. Glad to hear the app is working well for you. Thanks again!

Replied July 2020

Cornell

Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2022

Great Resource!

Ecamm is clutch! It's not expensive, works well and is always improving. Our church use Ecamm for all our services and our online audience love it as well.

PROS

Ecamm is a fantastic software that allows for online broadcasts, presentation and interviewing. Think of it like Powerpoint, Propresenter, Zoom and Skype ALL IN ONE. I can use presentations, videos, music, overlays and even on-camera interviews. The customer service is exceptional as well. Best of all, it's not cost prohibitive.

CONS

My only desire for Ecamm is that there be an easier way to input worship lyrics into the software. Right now I do so manually and this becomes a problem as we add new songs. I am not aware of a better option.

See above.

Reasons for switching to Ecamm Live

Ecamm Live is much cheaper, more integrated and far easier to use.

Ken

Professional Training & Coaching, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2022

The only choice for livestreaming with a Mac

PROS

I love how easy it is to setup various scenes and overlays, and customize cameras, chat, and everything around it. If you like to be creative and actually FULLY produce a livestream, this is the best option you'll find. The Ecamm Fam does a great job of constantly improving also!

CONS

The only feature I would love to see is the ability to multi stream, eliminating the need for restream. BUT....I understand why they don't. Other than that, I love Ecamm and will always be an ecamm user.

Reasons for switching to Ecamm Live

Wanted to be able to fully customize my streaming platform.

Alessio

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed February 2022

Perfect for dynamic and unexpectedly changing remote events

PROS

We have chosen this software because we needed something flexible to make conferences with remote hosts without any external software. Ecamm Live was the perfect solution because allowed us to change scenes live, add guests dynamically with nice transitions, and support the fantastic NDI technology.

CONS

I really miss the ability to view different scenes in one in a "multiview" window. This completely prevents the use of Ecamm Live in some setups where you have 5/10 cameras and you want to see what is the best image you can have in every moment. I would also like the ability to merge the panels into a single window to be moved and resized as desired. At the moment, if you need to move the interface to a different screen, you have to select each individual panel.

Reason for choosing Ecamm Live

vMix was only available on Windows while we were using macOS and for dynamic Live Streams with remote guests, Ecamm Live is more versatile than OBS Studio that doesn’t have an "Interview Mode".

Religious Institutions, 1 employee

Ecamm for my church

As already expressed Ecamm has tramendously helped my church live stream with ease and perfection.

PROS

I love the fact that I can create my own streams with ease. I have the functionality of a stream yard/restream studio with my own computer. Ecamm has allowed me to have great streams with quality camera settings.

CONS

I dislike the fact that my great setup does not always translate well with other applications like zoom. On my end, the screen looks clear, from the zoom perspective my screen and presentations look very pixilated

Reason for choosing Ecamm Live

Ecamm gave my canon m50 a direct plug-in option.

Thank you for sharing this feedback, Michael! We've been working with the team at Zoom and will have some updates soon to improve video quality for screen sharing. In the meantime, you can actually email Zoom and ask them to increase your account to 720p or 1080p.

Clay

Religious Institutions, 2-10 employees

Great for Church Services

I use this weekly. Love it. It replaced another vendor.

PROS

We love the simple usability because we have varying levels of video experience on our team.

CONS

I wish it had a simple video editor program with it for trimming the recordings.

Reason for choosing Ecamm Live

Simple. Great tutorials. Interfaced well.

Reasons for switching to Ecamm Live

Poor customer service. And too much time to prepare for broadcasting. Also delay time was unacceptable.

Thank you for the review and the great suggestion, Clay! We'll talk to the team about your feedback on video editing for Ecamm Live.

Mike

Media Production, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2022

This software saved my life!

PROS

No really, it saved my business during difficult times. Ecamm allows me to deliver a high quality live stream to my clients, with an amazing custom set up in a very small amount of time.

CONS

There's not really many negatives about this software, especially when I compare it to others on the market. If I had to say anything, it's that it has taken a bit of time for many of their pro features to come to fruition (but thats me nit picking, LOL). I have been using this software for about 2.5 years now, and there customer service is awesome! The ability and speed at which Ecamm bring's out new features is great. Ive been in the software business for some time and its not easy to deliver on customers requests, but they pull it off very quickly!

Reason for choosing Ecamm Live

Ecamm's features, and ease of usability!

Reasons for switching to Ecamm Live

Ecamm's features, and ease of usability!

Lieven