• icon"I also love the clean interface. Very easy to use out the box."
  • icon"The ability to easily produce training videos and prospecting videos with overlays, video support, different scenes, and so forth is super."
  • icon"No really, it saved my business during difficult times. Ecamm allows me to deliver a high quality live stream to my clients, with an amazing custom set up in a very small amount of time."
  • icon"That there's no iPhone app for the same service."
  • icon"For the price, there is nothing wrong with the software but some features available in higher priced software are missing."
  • icon"Exporting settings to work on other machines: a real mess. Putting layers, backgrounds, layout: really not clear and a real missing feature."

All Ecamm Live Reviews

Jussi

March 2022

Covid era Lifesaver

Adithya

October 2022

Broadcast Studio at your desk

You can consider Ecamm without second thoughts if you a device that has excellent config especially for streaming but if you want to just use for recording then this can be one of the best ways to do it

Pros

Ecamm was the broadcast studio on my desk with the kind of features it offered for live streaming and recording as well. It was the software that I used to record all my course videos as it was easy to control with shortcuts and more importantly as it supports hardware integrations such as using your phone as camera and elgato control. And the biggest plus I have seen is the Ecamm community and content, the kind of blogs and videos they provide with some live Youtube sessions are of excellent value as it helps you become a better content creator.

Cons

Heavy usage of RAM especially while streaming even on a Macbook Pro with 16 GB RAM was a bit concerning

Response from Ecamm Network

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review about your Ecamm experience. We're happy to hear that you're enjoying the app and finding it helpful. Thanks for being part of the Ecamm Fam.

Replied October 2022

India

The Best Livestreaming Software Around

I am a better presenter because of Ecamm Live. I feel more confident when on camera because of quality production the software helps for me to create an outstanding webinar.

Pros

The ease of use and versatility of how you can use the program. I use Ecamm Live not only for myself as a content creator, but I use Ecamm Live professionally as an Account Executive at the bank I work at. I conduct financial literacy seminars to the communities that the banks serve and I am able to conduct a high quality webinar using Ecamm Live. I bring in the banks logos, and compliance items needed on the screen when speaking about mortgages. Creating a professional style lower third, as well as bringing over a power point presentation using Ecamm Live's virtual camera feature. This allows me to set my webinar in a way that no other bank is producing and send over the production to ZOOM or Webex or Google Hangouts, etc with the virtual camera feature. At the end of EVERY meeting and presentation I give, I am asked the SAME QUESTION "How did you get your presentation to look so great?" and of course the answer is ECAMM LIVE!!

Cons

None. Even if there are minor issues or quirks the developers are so engaged and active with their clients that they immediately respond and address everything. They listen to their community and their client and implement suggestions and ideas to help keep the program progressing!

Reasons for switching to Ecamm Live

The ease of use and the large community of live minded individuals.

Response from Ecamm Network

Thank you for being part of the Ecamm Fam, India. We appreciate you sharing your review here.

Craig

Industry: Writing and Editing

October 2022

Ecamm Live is excellent streaming and recording software

I use Ecamm for community live streaming, for creating my own live streaming for YouTube videos, and even for local screen share recording for videos.

Pros

Setting up multiple windows and feeds are among the nicest features of the software. It's very easy to create streams and to live stream and record directly to your computer. It's among the easiest software to learn and to use, and it just works well. No lag, excellent support.

Cons

Screen sharing takes some fiddling with settings to get the size of your monitor right with the size of the feed or stream. But once you get it - you can save the settings and be good for next time.

Reasons for switching to Ecamm Live

OBS was clunky and it was hard to find support for plugins.

Cornell

May 2022

Great Resource!

Ecamm is clutch! It's not expensive, works well and is always improving. Our church use Ecamm for all our services and our online audience love it as well.

Pros

Ecamm is a fantastic software that allows for online broadcasts, presentation and interviewing. Think of it like Powerpoint, Propresenter, Zoom and Skype ALL IN ONE. I can use presentations, videos, music, overlays and even on-camera interviews. The customer service is exceptional as well. Best of all, it's not cost prohibitive.

Cons

My only desire for Ecamm is that there be an easier way to input worship lyrics into the software. Right now I do so manually and this becomes a problem as we add new songs. I am not aware of a better option.

See above.

Reasons for switching to Ecamm Live

Ecamm Live is much cheaper, more integrated and far easier to use.

Industry: Broadcast Media

Too many crashes. Poor customer service.

Frustrating how the live broadcast freezes or stops randomly.

Pros

Great software when it works. Last night my broadcast crashed over a dozens times. My biggest complaint however is the customer service and zero loyalty for supporting eCamm. With better communication I expect my problems could be resolved.

Cons

Why does recording only function stop recording intermittently when my guests are still talking to me and everything looks and sounds good. Same happens when going live which is why we’ve stopped using eCamm to go live.

Reasons for switching to Ecamm Live

OBS too clunky and unreliable

Response from Ecamm Network

Hi John! I'm sorry to hear that you had challenges with your broadcast and your experience with us.

Replied October 2021

Roy

Ecamm is simply the best Live Streaming production software for Mac

This is the best livestreaming software for Mac, period.

Pros

This is so easy to use. And works so consistently. I have a weekly show and this handles everything I need from adding guests for interviews to screen sharing to do my tutorials and how-tos. I also use this for recording How-tos for my YouTube and Facebook groups.

Cons

The lack of multistream. This is my big feature request.

Reasons for choosing Ecamm Live

I was going to just go live with OBS but Ecamm made it so easy and has so many features that I have come to rely upon that for me it is a no-brainer.

Reasons for switching to Ecamm Live

OBS is great but it is not user friendly. Camtasia is good but Ecamm makes it easier. The only difference is that you can edit video in Camtasia. That is not a feature of Ecamm, though I don't need it to be. The screen recording works so well in Ecamm I just don't need Camtasia any more.

Jim

February 2022

When you are ready to up your livestreaming or video recording game, ECamm is a must for a MAC

I have had a great experience with Ecamm Live. It has allowed me to create much higher-quality videos as a content creator and educator. I feel it is the product that other live streaming companies are attempting to emulate.

Pros

I like the multiple features including scenes, multiple cameras, overlays, and the ability to have multiple profiles. I have been able to create a profile that allows me to do vertical video recording on my desktop that I can create videos for platforms like TikTok and Instagram. I use it for teaching classes in Zoom since I don't have to screen share via Zoom and use it as a virtual cam that allows me to use all the features in ECamm when presenting. It also allows you to bring in separate audio that is a struggle with other live streaming platforms.

Cons

My biggest con would be that the software can be buggy and requires updates. I know this is to make it better, but when you do this for a business, you can't afford let downs. The other con is multistreaming requires a third party tool that costs additional money.

Reasons for switching to Ecamm Live

I wanted the ability to control more of my on-camera looks.

Phil

Industry: Printing

February 2022

This should be your baseline for all of you video communications

My experience with Ecamm Live has made creating tutorial videos for my software packages, product reviews and even social media messaging has been massively elevated using this software.

Pros

Creating video content with this software is easy and fun with Ecamm Live, with the ability to add branded graphics to your video content, tutorials, live streams and even your video messaging. Its features are akin to a professional broadcasting studio which can easily be managed by a single person running the software on a Mac. I originally came to this software looking to connect a Canon DSLR camera to my Mac to improve my WebCam quality, and fell into this awesome result where you can connect a variety of different cameras and devices easily.

Cons

The software is permanently been developed, it is not a redundant software being left by the developers it is a fast moving and feature rich software which only improves by age.

Reasons for choosing Ecamm Live

Ecamm Live was made for the Mac and seemed morte personable.

Reasons for switching to Ecamm Live

Ecamm Live was made for the Mac and seemed morte personable.

Response from Ecamm Network

Thank you, Phil! Good to hear about your experience and about how you found us

February 2022

My go-to! I do ALL my live streams with it!

Great! I would definitely recommend it. I just need to solve the sluggish computer problem when Ecamm is running.

Pros

I love the fact that it's so customizable. You can put text and images pretty much anywhere you want, you can resize the dimensions of the video that you are streaming, and of course that you can save these as templates and hop from one set up screen to another set up. I also love that you can share screen so I can share my drawings and Keynotes and pretty much anything else that's on my computer screen. You can even resize the bubble of your videoed face with the picture-in-picture mode.

Cons

I wish that they would give their past one-time subscribers the option to buy just the Ecamm Live Interview feature. The current feature that you have to do with Skype (note that I'm using the version of Ecamm which just needed to be bought one time) doesn't seem to work well, we had problems with audio and such and had to switch to Zoom. I also dislike that their screen capturing set up isn't that well done... when I switch to stream my Keynote slides, there would be 0.1s blackouts. I also really dislike that my whole computer slows down when Ecamm is running. The means that when I try to draw on a drawpad, my drawings become slow and sluggish. That doesn't happen with Zoom or other software like Be.Live.

Reasons for switching to Ecamm Live

Be.Live just wasn't as customizable or as fun as Ecamm.

Ryan

Industry: Music

Great Find

This was a great find and discovery for me. I use it everyday for online tutorial, multi cam recording, livestream for myself and as a remote producer.

Pros

Native to Mac. Clean GUI. Features are constantly added and bugs fixed. Great community. Constant support and learning to use its features.

Cons

I will constantly use this until I wont be able to afford subscription any longer.

Reasons for switching to Ecamm Live

OBS didn’t get me start quicker. Too many tinkering.

Response from Ecamm Network

Glad to hear you made the switch from OBS to Ecamm Live. Thank you!

Alexander V

February 2022

Ecamm is simply an outstanding software for educators

Pros

The integration into Zoom and all this rogue amoeba are a breeze and just work. The whole setup-process is intuitive and fun. This is not just a software it is a very active and alive community with help on all channels only remotely connected to the software (image compostition, any hardware/software connection issue, questions about setup and so many tipps and videos and live casts to get you on a another level). New features are constantly added -there is a beta branch and direct contact to developers.

Cons

The price is steep for someone who is starting a startup and wants to tap into the live streaming world.

Reasons for switching to Ecamm Live

Ecamm is more professional, has a fun, understandable and lighter interface. Quality was better on Ecamm.

Aeron

February 2022

Love the product, just have a couple of suggestions

Pros

Ease of use is top notch. There's nothing more important than being able to run the show easily while also performing and Ecamm is by far the easiest. Working it becomes second nature.

Cons

These are dislikes, just some ideas. I absolutely love the software. 1. Member Super Chats should be highlighted just like regular Super Chats. 2. More than just 2 audio input options. 3. When using the audio monitor feature, the latency is really bad, making it impossible for a guest to talk and hear themselves at the same time because of the delay. 4. I would like to have more than 1 audio monitor option. 5. It would be cool if the software generated how much money each user has spent on the channel similar to the feature on OBS. 6. I would love it if the software could keep a hard copy of the chat during live sessions. 7. This might be really complicated and I'm not even sure if it's possible, but it would be awesome if there was a way to communicate with callers during the show and screen them before the host puts them on. A way a different person could screen them first. 8. It would be great if there was a way to view a different scene independently while the stream is going. For example, there are times when I start the show and there is a intro video going, but it would be cool if I could see myself on camera before I switch to that scene. Right now you can't monitor a scene without it broadcasting. I absolutely love Ecamm, these are just some ideas that I get from using the software.

Reasons for switching to Ecamm Live

Ecamm's customization to Mac and its ease of use and reliability

Response from Ecamm Network

Thank you, Aeron! We really appreciate the feedback/ideas.

Kirk

Awesome Recording and Live Production Software

With Ecamm's Virtual Camera I can run any meeting (Zoom, Teams, Google Meet, etc) the way I want to essentially having a production studio in my back pocket. For my Live Shows Ecamm Scenes make self-production a simple process allowing you to focus on delivering value. For my Client shows Ecamm Profiles keeps me organized, Ecamm Scene Export allows me to deliver the whole shows without much setup on the client end, and the local recording feature gives me a high quality finished product to deliver to the client upon completion.

Pros

Flexibility to create an experience for my audience that was unique and engaging. Along with a ton of must-have features: NDI, Multiple Cameras, Customizable Lower Thirds, Customizable Camera Position on screen, Video Playback, Sound Effects, Camera Effects, integration with Mobile, ability to Share Screen, Virtual Camera for Video Conferencing Platforms, Isolated Audio Tracks, Advanced Audio Settings, Widgets, Overlays, Animations, native Camera support, and much much more.

Cons

It requires a high-end computer to run this software well and it's only for Macs. Now that the Mac Mini has the M1 chip we now have a reasonably priced option that runs Ecamm perfectly.

Reasons for choosing Ecamm Live

The way Scenes are designed in Ecamm they are the key to everything else and that methodology makes sense to me allowing me to really create some creative TV quality shows.

Reasons for switching to Ecamm Live

StreamYard is an awesome product because of it's simplicity. I simply outgrew what was possible with StreamYard and needed a platform that would give me full control to design and dream up a broadcast with no limitations. Ecamm is that product.

Response from Ecamm Network

Thank you for such a detailed and thoughtful review, Kirk. We really appreciate it.

Jussi

Covid era Lifesaver

I love it. I had a similar ecstatic feeling in 1989 when I first got VideoWOrks (later MacroMind, then MacroMedia and then Adobe, who killed it - like they always do to good things). Ecamm has the potential to change and transform for the better in so many ways the daily video content creation in almost every industry.

Pros

I love the simplicity and straightforward tools Ecamm offers yet with power that other similar products lack. It is an elegant product with a fantastic community and clever developers. It was so easy to get going with Ecamm, but you will learn more and more on the way.

Cons

One confusing thing that makes my head sometimes ache is putting camera feeds on top of other sources. I have created profiles to have my primary camera in the big picture and then my iPad in a smaller floating on top of it, but sometimes I want to swap them so that my iPad takes the whole screen and I am in a small circle floating on top of it. There is something counterintuitive in the UI in that function. Even though I know in theory how to do it, and I can do it if I really think how the plus signs and stuff work on the selectors, I get it frequently wrong and need to start all over again. Just yesterday, I demonstrated Ecamm to a potential Ecamm buyer. While talking with her, I couldn't figure out which order and how I should organise the cameras to get my small round video on top of the iPad. It was (again) a very frustrating thing. And it is the only feature I struggle with.

Reasons for choosing Ecamm Live

It was way easier, looked better and had deeper product philosophy. And I like the fact that the developers are real people and not some corporate sales guys. Thanks, [SENSITIVE CONTENT]!

Response from Ecamm Network

Thank you so much for sharing this, Jussi! We'd be happy to jump on a 1:1 call with you to walk you through camera overlays, which should solve the challenge you're having now. You can email us at marketing@ecamm.com

Javier