All Microsoft Teams Reviews

Powerful Workspace and High Quality Video

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Great for schools!

As I mentioned earlier, for all our online communications and also for presentation and class team discussions, we mainly used email. With the onset of the COVID-19 Pandemic, management decided to leverage Microsoft teams with integrated voice and video calling features along with content sharing and presentations that enable seamless online classes, upskilling, online training, and webinars in the education sector across different geographical locations around the globe. I am also an Edtech Specialist and head of the Community Engagement and Extension Services in our department.

PROS

I am using Microsoft Teams for more than a year now every day with my students, colleagues, and others. There's a little learning curve with colleagues in using the application. I could share, manage and build team spaces. This is pretty useful in creating different school/business activities and seamlessly integrates other MS products. With integrated Voice and Video Messaging Services, Calendar scheduling, we can communicate according to the availability of users at any time. Also, I can configure my availability with various options or even modify it to determine that I am offline/not at the desk right now for other users to know. The best part is that I can use 3rd party integration application right inside MS Teams.

CONS

Sometimes Microsoft Teams get hanged because of network or Heap Memory problems, but this could happen with any communication software as we use multiple installed software on our machines to meet the distance education requirements. There is a minor delay between receiving a text on your laptop and your mobile device. Many times, it happens that I have to go out or take a break for some time, and I receive a message but with a delay on my configured mobile device.

Reason for choosing Microsoft Teams

In the beginning, we may have opted for ZOOM, but then we all know that ZOOM is not that safe, not effective, and not to mention expensive. Everything looks nice with the usage of Microsoft Teams now. Our admin is so happy with our decision.

laxmi

Graphic Design, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2021

Good for kids online classes during pandemic period

We got to use it on daily basis as nothing best yet than this app for children online studies

PROS

We uses it daily for chat in between online class. For online exams For discussion in class. my kid specially enjoys it as its the time to meet and see her school friends face to face in corona lockdown

CONS

Many things i dsnt like about this app 1)- class or exam link is broken sometimes , and we get hangs and moves to whatsapp Student group for asking help for additional link to same class/ exam 2) average people have weak internet and this app runs good only on good to strong internet ,which causes video freeze , link dsnt open , ejection of student while running class and poor audio /video quality 3) if we get ejected from class before the class going to end we dsnt see the class link anymore in calender option.. teacher get annoying at us and we explains her the very helpless situation of app . 4)- we have to re request class link if we get ejected before the class ends, as calender option stop showing meetings links if time almost finished to re join.which is unfair

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Teams

Microsoft teams is far better than anything else

Alexis

Education Management, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Microsoft Teams in a School Setting

PROS

I like how versatile Teams is. At my school, we use it for SPED/504 documentation. Each student has their own channel with their files attached. It is very easy to communicate and look up the needed information. It is also an easy and efficient way to communicate with other staff members. Many times, I will get a message from a counselor or secretary asking me to send a student to another location. They are easily able to get in touch with me through Teams. Also, I have the app on my phone and I am able to stay in touch when I am not at my desk. Our department has several channels that we use to communicate about different things. We also have a way to reserve Chromebook carts through Teams. Additionally, it is a great place to hold virtual meetings. It is easy to create and begin online meetings. I use Teams everyday, all day long. It has been a great experience and it's a centralized spot where many important functions occur. Without this technology, it would be difficult to make sure a school of my size ran so smoothly.

CONS

One issue that I have encountered with teams is locating group chats. These chats are not listed under Teams, but rather under "chat" or "activity." I have many, many notifications coming each day and this pushes the group chats far down in the line. I have to take awhile to go back and find it when I need to send something. It would be nice if there was a place to locate these chats.

Furniture, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Teams

Overall i like teams. It is easy to use and integrates well with my companies technology.

PROS

Honestly my favorite feature is the high contrast mode. Love the colors.

CONS

I dont like that it can be buggy and then I cannot communicate with my team.

1 employee

Microsoft teams review

Not great to be honest, I never look forward to using it

PROS

I like that they have one central dashboard

CONS

I really dislike the user interface and general user experience, lots of buttons aren’t intuitive and the overall experience feels old/ slow compared to G-suite and other alternatives

Martin

Automotive, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2024

A must have!!

I use most functions in teams but i find it extremely helpful when im on a day off and a mechanic needs help or advice on something.

PROS

The fact it can be used for business and personal is perfect. I can use the meeting function to chat to team world wide.

CONS

I cant knock anything really. Im not going to make something up just for the sake of it.

Reason for choosing Microsoft Teams

I have used it in the past and knew how good it was and didn't know how workspace would work so i went with familiarity.

Alvaro

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Good platform for working together with work or study groups

PROS

I use it every day for my dealy meetings, it provides good immediate communication, video sharing. It also offers the possibility of storing shared files with users who share team. Message and call notifications are immediate.

CONS

We have encountered several problems with adding new users to a team, syncing to these groups can take a long time and be a significant problem. The application on the phone does not update the chats in real time.

Vincent

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Your daily communication tool

great - basically you feel like getting paid for chatting sometimes ;) jokes aside the tool provides lot of power.

PROS

For most of our colleagues this replaces endless e-mail communication. Easy to set up group chats. Having channels with Teams-groups is great and relatively easy to admin from support point of view. (don't let end-users generate teams channels to prevent clutter of channels though ;) )

CONS

When you integrate lots of 3rd party apps - your RAM consumption will increase (we work with at least 16GM ram laptops)

Andres

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Affordable team comms with a learning curve

It's a very mixed overall experience. I've been using it for several years so I'm used to the way it does things, but I can see how people get frustrated at it.

PROS

As it comes included with 365, this is a tool that most teams will end up having anyway. It's decent, feature-wise, and the recent redesign has gone a long way in improving usability.

CONS

It has somewhat of a learning curve, in that it is opinionated in how it wants to be used. Once you figure out the gimmicks, you'll do fine, but until then expect a level of frustration.

Debanjana

Biotechnology, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2023

MS Teams-Pros and Cons

8/10

PROS

It's collaboration and screen sharing features and notification on instant messages

CONS

The drawback is in its status display. Sometimes it shows Out of office even though we are active.

TOMIA

Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

TEAMS MAKE IT EASY

PROS

Like the fact that it is so versatile you can chat, you can conduct full meetings with multiple people I like the fact that you can break out into different rooms it's just perfect for remote and in office work

CONS

I don't have any complaints about it because it pretty much covers the full spectrum of everything you need at work

Anthony

Higher Education, 10,000+ employees

Review of MS Teams

PROS

I like the app on my phone and how you can easily share your screen and I love the background pics.

CONS

The ability to record and emojis. Other platforms have more.

10,000+ employees

Reviewed November 2019

Collaborative development - Microsoft teams to the rescue

It is a great software for communication. Saving a lot of effort and time. Building applications collaboratively.

PROS

It is very easy to use, convenient and user friendly. It is a very light weighted software and does not take much of your space. It is great for internal communication in a company. It supports features like polling which is very useful. It has various apps and connectors to integrate with other software. It supports sharing of all types of files. It is great for scheduling and holding meetings. It supports the functionality where different channels could be created for different departments and teams under a company and promote collaborative development. Also supports excel and other ms documents.

CONS

Sometimes while sharing files, the software freezes and have to try sharing the file multiple times. It saves the files by default to a teams folder in the system and does not ask for a path to store the file. The UI when attending demo calls should also be enhanced, it just shows the number of people in the call.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Teams

Microsoft teams supports a lot of features that Skype does not. Also it is more user friendly and light weighted.

Scott

Computer & Network Security, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2020

Best product for collaboration

This is my favorite application and it is an amazing tool. I highly recommend it.

PROS

Microsoft Teams is an amazing collaboration product and it keeps getting better. From being able to do Live events to its integration of applications, Teams is my "go-to" app for communicating with my teams. The Video Conferencing is stellar and Microsoft keeps adding more functionality. Schools get Microsoft for free and there is not reason they should be using Zoom.

CONS

Unlike Zoom, the ability for webinars is lacking. Zoom has everyone beat here and Teams really could use this feature for Live Events. Also, Teams needs to integrate with Microsoft Bookings.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Teams

It is included with Microsoft 365. Why would I pay for something I already have.

Brittany

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Microsoft Teams - great replacement for Skype

Chat is much better than others we have used, TEAMS aspect is very neat but needs to be a bit easier to know you need to reply. Sometimes the team doesn't know they are being written to. The calendar and meetings is seamless and smooth.

PROS

The funtionality is easy and easy for outsiders who aren't used to it to join meetings. I like the concept of the TEAMS approach where you can function all within the software and have files to collaborate and all.

CONS

It is a bit complicated to add the features via microsoft that you want to add like calling plan, audio conferencing...very confusing to add those features to the full program and suite of products your company rolls out. I could see how many people mess it up.

Staying within one suite we already had o365

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Teams

Decided to just stay within the full product of microsoft instead of have multiple things going on.

10,000+ employees

Reviewed December 2020

Microsoft Teams

I am satisfied with Microsoft Teams, as it provides nice way to chat with my colleagues and we are able to create additional channels via which we can check some information with another Team from our Organization, which can speed up our torubleshooting.

PROS

Microsoft Teams is great for one Team to stay in touch for instance or to conduct daily tasks via this Software. I use it daily to check on the possible next steps for some tickets, to help someone or to ask someone for help when I am not sure on the proper next steps. I also had meetings via it and also some trainings, for which I had option to download the videos, which is very good option. Also during those trainings, which were done via Meeting option, we were able to share our screens and compare our findings, which another great function of Teams.

CONS

Sometimes all of my Teammates appear as offline, even though we hear seconds ago and my internet was working normally ( for which I am extremely sure, because I have one Software which is extremely sensitive to the quality of the network on which it is being used and it didn't go down when Teams did ). Also, sometimes I am unable to share screenshots with my colleagues, as my pictures get corrupted during the upload.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Teams

Our whole Organization switched from Skype to Microsoft Teams, as it provided better options in our communication and it had additional perks as well ( Meet, Recording and Channel options for instance ).

Sean

Accounting, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2020

Best Collaboration Tool for Your Team

Overall, I think this far surpasses Microsoft's previous tool, Skype for Business, and has brought a new level of collaboration to Microsoft. I appreciate the attention to detail that Microsoft has put into this product and feel it would be a wonderful product for teams of all sizes.

PROS

As a tax manager in public accounting, my team is virtual, mobile and ever changing. With MS Teams I am able to create virtual team channel where we can collaborate, keep files and track assignments. My very favorite feature of this software is the ability to put documents into my team channel and then work on them at the same time as my team members. For example, I can upload an excel workbook with a clients tax return workpapers and then each person on my team can be in the file working on this at the same time. This is a HUGE game changer.

CONS

All things considered, I don't have a lot of criticism about this software except for one feature. In teams, the notification options are a bit limited. For example, when I receive a message from a coworker I have two options: 1) I can get a banner notification in the bottom right of my screen that will show the name of the sender and a few lines of the message or 2) no notification at all. What I think is missing here is the ability to have a banner pop up in the bottom corner that just shows that you have a new message. My reason for this is because I am often sharing my screen or have people who can see my screen - I want to be sure that confidential information is not displayed or that a more private message is not sitting in the corner of my screen for anyone to see.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Teams

Our firm was transitioning since Microsoft is soon retiring the Skype for Business product.

Vadiraja

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed August 2020

All round solution for remote connections

Just to explain in one word, this is perfect.

PROS

> The speed of the connection is really super fast compared to any of the other software. > The main thing which I have seen this doing best is screen share and video calls. Normally the software take some time to connect to the channel or meeting, but the teams exceeds them all. The lag-less connection anywhere around the world is really mind-blowing. > The ease of use (one of the primary needs during this lock-down) is really fantastic. > The flexibility in chat, meeting and groups is really good. > The file sharing and the encryption which I personally use the most is better in front of its peers.

CONS

The main thing is audio connection. As compared to other software, this should explore the options which I personally found lacking in the teams. As soon as we connect to any meeting, there should be an option to connect outside audio connection like mobile phone to join. That would be a better solution as I found perfect. Other than that, this is perfect.

Reason for choosing Microsoft Teams

As already mentioned, the price, easiness and speed are appreciative.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Teams

Mainly because of the versatility and connection speed, I have chosen the teams now.

Zakaria