All HoneyBook Reviews

HoneyBook User Review

Anna

Reviewed July 2019

Game-changing software

Amazing! 10/10. They have an excellent team, and the software is so easy to use.

PROS

I love that HoneyBook allows me to get paid faster! The templates feature is amazing. Everything about this software makes the user a better, more organized business owner.

CONS

I wish HB wasn't so laser-focused on wedding professionals--I'd love for them to provide more features for other creative professionals as well.

Reason for choosing HoneyBook

I knew someone that worked there and he gave me his referral code!

Penny

Arts and Crafts, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2020

Best choice I made for my business yet

Payment processing was always a challenge until I found Honeybook. I love that the automated convenience of honey book. I set my templates, it does the rest. I send an invoice, it bills, reminds and keeps everything squared away. Not to mention it auto-deposits funds into my account. IT keeps me in business!

PROS

Running my own business where clients contract via email and forms through my website can get overwhelming when trying to keep track of small but important details. Invoicing, payment processing, contracts, client communication, client surveys and now they have a feature where you can connect with other local professionals on projects. Very useful.

CONS

I wish it was a little more upscale looking on fonts, colors and the user experience. My brand is more of a luxury brand so I want customers to feel like when they're being transferred to the contract or payment portion of our interactions that they're still receiving a luxury experience.

Reason for choosing HoneyBook

The pricing at the time was really affordable to get into. I did the one time purchase instead of a monthly fee. They were super helpful and explained they would put all my company details in for me as well as add my email templates and my collection pricing for invoicing. They did this and it was a breeze to answer right into. Also, they have their mobile app so I can reply, invoice and book clients on the go from the convenience of my phone.

Tracy

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Traumatized: 2 Years of Headaches then back Square 1

Traumatizing. They’ve got the right idea but not a single clue about operating a business. In the end, the lesson learned in my own business is to stop paying for headaches sooner rather than later.

PROS

Customizing the aesthetics of Client facing files was the reason we used it and the time invested in getting those things created, was why we stuck with it far longer than we should have. Regret every penny and every hour spent on this software, ultimately they “updated” their format (again) and we had to start all over - at our expense and time investment. They lost every payment dispute, dispute our never having lost one when we could handle them: our contracts are iron clad. You’re not given the choice to handle dispute: they must do it - they charge you for it too!

CONS

Customer service is pass-the-buck and no phone number and call backs hours to days later…don’t bother calling on a Friday afternoon, and if u do biz on weekends - too bad for you. Extremely slow to create something, it freezes, slow to upload assets, not intuitive to use whatsoever, help docs are vague. I once begged them to add non-gmail email and they told me their software was “not sophisticated” enough for me.

Reason for choosing HoneyBook

Already using Notion for biz operations, added the functionality of Honeybook to Notion myself using Typeform integrations. I wouldn’t have had the knowledge to do this 3 yrs ago when I started w Honeybook, learning Notion has been a fantastic investment of time and very inexpensive.

Maria

Public Relations and Communications, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Invoicing made effortless with Honeybook!

Creating an invoice on HoneyBook is a straightforward process. It guides me through the necessary steps, from inputting client details to itemizing services and setting payment terms. The customizable templates provided also save so much time!

PROS

Honeybook's easy-to-use invoicing features have set a new standard for efficiency. As a professional managing multiple clients and projects, HoneyBook has made the task of creating and managing invoices simple for myself and easy for my clients to make payments.

CONS

There is nothing that I dislike about Honeybook.

Steve

Photography, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2022

The sweetest solution for photographers

Honeybook continues to be a game-changer for our photography business. It has been an integral part of our daily workflow for years now. This year they added calendar and booking functionality.

PROS

Love the customer service. Whenever I need help they are always right there. We use HB for every booking. As soon as a lead goes active, we start a new project and manage everything from communication to proposal to contact to invoicing with HB.

CONS

There could maybe be more freedom to customize but really it's just an advanced issue. First world problems.

Reason for choosing HoneyBook

Honeybook is more accessible and ready to deploy.

Reasons for switching to HoneyBook

Honeybook does so much more for us than just bookkeeping.

Jessica

Reviewed February 2022

Your go-to, all-in-one CRM for small business!

Amazing, hands down!

PROS

Easy to use and so many features! The ability to go to one place AND have so many things automated is amazing!

CONS

There are little things that can be improved, but so does everything. I have voiced my suggestions to the HoneyBook team and they are passing the information along to try to improve my experience. Even without those being fixed, I still love HoneyBook.

Reason for choosing HoneyBook

I needed something easier for a non-bookkeeper/accountant but that I could still understand my business in. Plus, having everything in one place made it an easy decision!

Reasons for switching to HoneyBook

Everything all in on spot was the big excitement for me!

Reviewed September 2022

A Great Resource For Small Businesses

PROS

One, they created flexibility with pricing; for someone who wants to use the platform but uses a different checkout option, there is a very affordable tier. That tier is also fantastic for those just getting started. I've always found it crazy that more platforms don't carry an option like this for beginners. Since I've been with Honeybook, they have been improving the software; they recently just came out with a fantastic feature to take your lead or on a streamlined journey.

CONS

I hope they allow us to ACTUALLY customize our project pipeline at some point. Not everyone has the same process, and there is stuff I can't take off because it's default. I also wish there was an easier way to just send someone to the item to be sold page rather than taking them to a pipeline, we all get leads differently, and I'd like to skip a step for some people.

Reasons for switching to HoneyBook

Way more features besides calendar booking and payments.

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed January 2023

Great for contracts and invoicing

I use the software for the valuable contracts and simplified invoicing. The added features of auto-billing and recurring billing is great. The increased transaction fees are unfortunate, whereas competitors offer quicker deposits vs Honeybook. There have been dozens of new features and expanded capabilities added to the software, however, I have never been able to learn the initial project features to try taking advantage of the new smartfile features. Hiring a pro is incredibly expensive.

PROS

Easy to use invoicing platformCRM helps maintain contacts and specificsContract templates are perfect for my needs

CONS

Payments take much longer to deposit vs competitorsThe pipeline and smart file functionality takes a degree to figure out. After two years I am still not using these featuresClients do not like the notifications on every change within their project

Reason for choosing HoneyBook

I thought I would be able to use the project management platform in Honeybook. The PM platform is not great and I switched to BasesCamp free instead. I often use Square for invoicing as the fees are lower and I receive the deposit faster without an extra free.

Reviewed May 2019

Great All-In-One Tool

I love it. It's improved my clients' experiences working with me and helped me automate several processes of my business. It's been one of the best decisions I've made for my business.

PROS

HoneyBook has all the features I needed: invoicing, creating contracts and proposals, digital signing for clients, time tracking, etc. But it also has everything I wanted on top of those: automated workflows, email templates, digital brochures for prospects to click and choose, a pipeline to track everyone from inquiry to signed contract to deposit paid. Each tool is beautifully designed, and I get positive feedback from clients about how seamless the experience is on their end.

CONS

Most of the templates seem designed with photographers in mind. As a graphic designer, marketing consultant, and business coach, I have to adapt everything pretty heavily. However, HoneyBook provides an awesome foundation to start with and tons of flexibility.

Reason for choosing HoneyBook

It's designed for me as a creative BUSINESS, not just a freelancer.

Victoria

Reviewed June 2022

One stop project management

It's been pretty great for me. I'm runing a freelance business with just myself and it provides all the tools I need to give my clients options on my services and get them booked.

PROS

Honeybook is easy to use, customizable and easy for my clients to use as well. I like the projet portals so everything is there for my clients, emails go directly to them. Invoicing is easy and provides my clients with a clear concise copy for their records.

CONS

Sometimes editing things for a client when they don't like it is more difficult such as payment dates or legal terms if you include the contract with the invoice in the proposal template.

Reason for choosing HoneyBook

The price was better. My trial period went well and I understood the video tutorials and how to work everything the first time thorugh so I didn't see a need to switch.

Casey

Events Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2019

From Employee to Business Owner Honeybook has been by my Side

Overall, Honeybook saves us so much time and allows my business to be operated with only 2 full time employees. If I were to try and run this business on my own, without Honeybook, I would not be able to give my clients the attention to detail and quick response time they deserve.

PROS

There is a very small learning curve using Honeybook. When I convinced my previous employer to purchase Honeybook, I realized how very quick and easy it was to integrate into the company. Now, as a business owner, my employees can utilize Honeybook as well and our company can have full transparency on where we are at with each client.

CONS

I really wish that Batch Emailing had more options. We often need to send specific batch emails to our clients dependednt on which stage they are at on our timeline. Only having the options to hand select each client to send the batch emails to or to send them to our entire client list is an inefficient use of our time and thus we find no use for this tool that has so much potential to be so valuable to our business.

Reason for choosing HoneyBook

I felt that Honeybook was more customizable and offered more specific tools geared towards streamlining the areas that I needed help with most.

Janelle

Consumer Services, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2020

Organize My Squirrel Brain

PROS

Everyone kept telling me, "Honeybook is great, but there's a learning curve." So I was a little intimidated. They were wrong, I could jump in face first and start using it exclusively immediately. Even in the middle of a terrible time for my little business, I will pull all the strings I can find to be able to afford Honeybook. It's easy for me, easy for my clients and keeps me focused. It saves me time and energy and thats the most important thing!

CONS

The only thing I'm having issues with right now is making a brochure. It probably user error, but I wish it there more extensive editing capabilities within the brochure making operation. I will play around with it some more though.

Reason for choosing HoneyBook

I got a referral code and everyone kept telling me how great the customer service was.

Reasons for switching to HoneyBook

Honeybook had more features to help me stay organized, email integration etc.

Photography, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2020

Definitely a game changer!

PROS

I love how organized I feel using this product - I can see at a glance where I am in the process with all of my clients and it is amazing to pull up all the correspondence with each client in one place. It has made a world of difference and I am beyond happy with it!

CONS

The thing I like least is the limitation when building templates for contracts, proposals, questionnaires, etc. - I am in the business of photography and delivering beautiful images is what sets my soul on fire! I wish I could add some of my images into some of my documents and have full control over the size and their location in the document. The way it is set up right now is a square crop on any image which can only be left, center, and right page. Dubsado has the leg up on Honeybook in that regard but otherwise I am totally happy with Honeybook.

Reason for choosing HoneyBook

Pixieset does not yet have a CRM option - although it sounds like it's in the works. It ultimately came down to price when I decided to go with Honeybook - they had a really good deal for the first year.

Reasons for switching to HoneyBook

Interface appearance, cost of the software.

Taylann

Hospitality, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2022

Best business decision!

Incredible. I can't see us using any other program.

PROS

Integration with gmail for scheduling, payment processing and mobile app! Also, how easy it is to use and how it maximizes the client experience.

CONS

For our industry, it is lacking an edidable document such as a BEO or Event Details Sheet - I wish this type of document would be an option.

Reason for choosing HoneyBook

Mobile app and integration with Gmail for scheduling tool.

Reasons for switching to HoneyBook

Smaller company management and better fit for our current business.

Ariel

Photography, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2022

Honeybook is AMAZING!!!

My overall experience with Honeybook has been incredible. I use the program for contract, invoices, payment processing, reports, automations, client contact, calendars, questionnaires, and so much more!

PROS

What I love most about Honeybook is that most of my business needs can be handled through them! Aside from client galleries- it’s all done here on Honeybook. The program is organized, intuitive, and includes so many features! It’s easy to learn and use. I can’t imagine running my business without it!

CONS

I have no cons. This meets and exceeds all expectations that I would have for a CRM.

Reason for choosing HoneyBook

Honeybook is so much more user friendly and easy to use!

Reasons for switching to HoneyBook

I made the switch from my previous CRM due to countless recommendations from others in my field. After my trial, I was hooked!

Charlene

Professional Training & Coaching, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2021

Keeping it all together!

I have loved Honeybook since I first downloaded it...Customizing everything was easy and FUN! Any time i had questions customer service was super fast and nice...which makes everything easier!

PROS

I love that all my projects are in one space, and organized so I can see where I am with what at what time...with just a click!

CONS

I don't have a con...Although it is worth each penny that they charge, it is hard justifying when business stopped bc of a virus (which shall not be named lol) I wanted to keep it to keep everything together but could not when even communication stopped with clients for a while.

Reasons for switching to HoneyBook

It was not very user friendly, I was always stuck looking things up to get it to try to do what I needed it to do.

Natasha