Browse Pixpa Reviews

Alexander from IdeaPort Riga

Fast, easey and proffesional looking portfolio style website builder.

Before Pixpa I used Wordpress on self managed Digital Ocean plan for $5. It was fine, required much more effort to build and support the portfolio website. Few times in a year the site was down because of some unknown reason. Maybe some kind of virus or DDoS attack. I work in IT industry, but could not figure out wat is it. So decided to move to managed service. Compared multiple Website builders and Pixpa won for my needs. I am very happy with Pixpas speed, simplicity and cost.

Pros

Very easy and fast to build a portfolio website. The cost of $6 (billed annually) is very reasonable. The support is fast and relyable.

Cons

There are not so many templates that I would like to see.

Reasons for Switching to Pixpa

It was self managed service and I had issues I could not solve by myself,

Response from Pixpa

Replied May 2021

Thank you Alexander for your feedback.

Ira from Photogenique Studios

Industry: Photography

Photography Studios - most comprehensive website you will find.

This site gets our studio out there. It allows us to look professional. I have had many comments about how nice we look through our site - and that is because of the behind-the-scenes work and help we get from Pixpa.

Pros

This is a plug and play, complete site for photography. Everything you need (and more) is right at your fingertips. Want to create multiple galleries? Check! Want to create galleries within galleries? Check! Want to be alerted of an order? Check! Just want a place to display your artwork? Check! Want to create a blog with photo inserts, etc.? Check! Just about anything you can want to do as a photo studio is right here. Photo templates, SEO, galleries, shopping carts, client-only pages, etc. I looked at NINE possible websites to create the look and feel that I wanted as a studio photographer and artist. NONE compare to Pixpa.

Cons

I love most things. I really had to think hard about what I don't like. If anything, I would have to say that the web-building software is COMPLEX. I come from the computer industry and owned computer stores and ISP service. I understand web-building! But there have been times I have had to ask how to do something. The thing is, this isn't really a negative because they ALWAYS answer you questions quickly and with impromptu tutorials showing you how to do things step-by-step!

Reasons for Choosing Pixpa

Pixpa offered the most for our money. They aren't the cheapest website builder we found, nor are they the most expensive. They are, however, the most feature-rich site of all the sites we researched.

Reasons for Switching to Pixpa

We had a lot of issues with Redframe. Our website would go down, our website template changed, they changed servers at one point and our site was down for more than a month. Plus they didn't offer as much as Pixpa

Response from Pixpa

Replied November 2021

Hello Ira! Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us such a detailed and kind review! We are very glad to know that Pixpa was able to give you exactly what you needed to create your beautiful website. Nothing makes us happier than seeing our users happy! Customer service is always our first priority and so we are very happy to hear that our Customer Support team was able to promptly and consistently assist you wherever required. Thank you for choosing Pixpa and for taking the time to leave us your feedback! - Mia

David from Gorilla Tornado Photography

DO NOT USE WASTE OF TIME

Lots of complications that will appear out of nowhere, for no reason. Constantly having to check to see if my site has somehow gotten a new problem without me editing it.

Pros

It easy to get very simple stuff started, but a waste of time

Cons

They suck. I've been using Pixpa for 2 years and it just keeps getting worse. I just had hours of work deleted, and because they're based in India and not all of their employees have a good command of english I got the report "Have made the changes" regarding a page being deleted and replaced with a months old backup. They're rarely available for normal US business hours, don't waste your time. Headache generator should be the name of their site editing software.

Response from Pixpa

Replied May 2021

Hi David, We are sorry that you had a negative experience. You have been using Pixpa for several years now and we value your feedback. Our team will reach out to you to resolve any issues that you have faced. Thank you for continuing to use Pixpa.

Salman from Salman G. Samar Photography

Industry: Photography

Best website builder for photographers

couldn't be happier with Pixpa. I tried almost every other platform there is but finally went with Pixpa. They are straightforward with their pricing and honestly, it's the best value you can find out there! I went with their all in one package which is an extremely good value for money.

Pros

Everything about starting and deploying your website is super easy. The eCommerce section and where you sell your photos for print does get a little confusing though. However, once you figure it out, it's super straightforward

Cons

I feel like some of the features have some overlaps with each other. Not that it's a bad thing, but it does take some time to figure out which one you should use. However, their customer service always helps super fast!

Reasons for Choosing Pixpa

Value for money. No hidden fees. Great customer service even before I purchased a plan

Reasons for Switching to Pixpa

The guys at Smugmug weren't straightforward with their pricing and fees. I paid $30 a month for a plan where I could sell my photos as well. After I spent days preparing my website and files, I realized they also charged 15% per sale!!! This was not mentioned when you buy a plan, it was somewhere deep in the guides for starting your website!

Response from Pixpa

Replied November 2021

Hello Salman! We are very happy to know that Pixpa has been able to meet your needs. We are currently working on adding more help articles and tutorial articles to make the learning curve easier for new users. Thank you for your detailed review. Your feedback is crucial to us in improving our platform and helping us grow! - Mia

Claire from Claire Shipley Photography

December 2021

Perfect Service to Make Your Perfect Website!

Absolutely wonderful, easy to use, and amazing customer support.

Pros

Pixpa offers a variety of templates for you to choose from and edit to your hearts content. They have an amazing customer support team that helps you with anything you are not understanding or need help with. Highly recommend Pixpa for anyone needing a user friendly, pretty, and accessible website to fit your branding and all your website needs.

Cons

I would like to see Pixpa allow me to create my own user names for my master log in page, which I utilize for my clients to log in and see their finished galleries.

Reasons for Choosing Pixpa

I loved the pricing along with how the galleries worked. I honestly would not have gone with Pixpa without having the free trial first.

Reasons for Switching to Pixpa

Pricing and capability to what I was looking for.

Response from Pixpa

Replied December 2021

Hi Claire! We are thrilled to be your perfect service for your perfect website! Our number one priority has always been customer service because we believe in putting our users' first in everything we do. So, it's awesome to know that you had such an amazing experience with our Customer Support team! Thank you for your lovely review and your valuable feedback and suggestions! - Team Pixpa

Adir from Self Employed

Industry: Photography

Quick and simple website builder

Overall a good solution for photographers that want to quickly setup and build a portfolio website without spending too much time on design and adjustments.

Pros

The website builder is easy to setup and use. Good templates for photographers.

Cons

It's tricky to setup the mobile content, and the website is not fully responsive.

Reasons for Choosing Pixpa

Price (with an online store on the basic package), ease of use and simplicity.

Response from Pixpa

Replied January 2022

Hi Adir! Thank you for choosing Pixpa for building your website. We are happy to know that your experience was a positive one and that you are enjoying our templates! We are constantly working to improve our platform and bring it more in line with our users' needs and requirements and your feedback is an important part of that. Thank you very much for leaving us this review. - Team Pixpa

Daniel from Pullen Art & Photography Inc

Great Website Builder!

Anytime we need help, Pixpa staff are there to help us. We've had a great experience for several years straight!

Pros

The ease to go between sites, customization, and variety of templates.

Cons

I wish that once I got into the website building there were more template options for building pages.

Reasons for Switching to Pixpa

Ability to change website on our own as needed without going through an expensive company.

Response from Pixpa

Replied January 2022

Hi Daniel! It makes us very happy to see that you have had such an incredible experience with Pixpa! Keeping our users happy is always the number one focus for us at Pixpa. Good to hear that our Customer Support team was there to help you whenever the need arose. Thank you for your review. Your feedback is important to us in helping us grow and adapt our platform as per the needs of our users! - Team Pixpa

Alfonso from N/A

Great service that looks good and is easy to use

Pros

The premade themes are sleek and stylish, and making changes is for the most part easy.

Cons

There could perhaps be more integration of things like other websites and YouTube videos...

Reasons for Switching to Pixpa

I felt like Pixpa had better moneys worth, and I was able to connect my domain I had registered with a different web hosting company.

Nicki from The Art of Dog

December 2021

Excellent website builder for photography

Pros

I am a non technical person to say the least! Once I got going, I found this software easy to use. If I encountered anything I didn't understand, the 24/7 support is fabulous. I'm really happy with my website [SENSITIVE CONTENT] & have received many compliments.

Cons

I'd like alt tags to be available on all the photo pages

Response from Pixpa

Replied December 2021

Hi Nicki! At Pixpa our goal is to empower everyone to create beautiful, professional websites without having to touch a single line of code. We are very happy to know that we could help you in building your website easily and without hassle! We are also delighted to hear that our Customer Support team was able to assist you wherever needed. That is exactly what we like to hear! Thank you for your kind review. - Team Pixpa

Lea from Colibre Studio

Industry: Photography

Amazing, easy to use and great customer support

Pros

I love this because it’s so easy to create a professional website with it, one that I can not only show clients as a portfolio but also to have a great platform to send the photos to them. It helps with the business for sure. And I have never in my life found such a great customer service nowhere on the internet. I contacted them many times and they solved all of my issues super fast. They are amazing at what they do, only for this one thing (customer support) I would stay with them. I’m honestly a fan!

Cons

I like everything about the software honestly. Maybe I could use an easy calendar like booking system which is built in so that I can get bookings super easily from the site. And would be good to have some templates for pricing/packages. Otherwise it’s amazing!!!

Response from Pixpa

Replied June 2021

Thank you Lea for choosing Pixpa for your website. We absolutely love your work and your website looks great!

Karl from None

Using Pixpa as a Photograher

Pros

After looking around the internet and trying a few website builders, I decided on Pixpa. What brought me to that decision was: price, and also it was easier to use than some of the more well know and popular website builders. I didn’t need a solution for more than hosting my site, for narratives and projects and Pixpa seemed like it would suit my purpose well. I’ve been using Pixpa for a few weeks now and I am very happy that I made the decision to go with Pixpa. The support team at Pixpa have been fantastic – quick, efficient and knowledgeable, not mention courteous – they have been a pleasure to deal with. My main portfolio is on another website, however, I have been giving some thought to transferring it to Pixpa – mainly because of the support, but also the price and I like the idea of having the 2 sites with the same provider. Would I recommend Pixpa? It depends on your needs…if you need to host and showcase your portfolio, this is a great place to be. For the people I deal with, mostly photographers, the answer is a definite “Yes”.

Cons

I hope that in the future there will be options to customize slides shoes more - viewer defined times and also viewer ability to turn thumbnails on and off.

Response from Pixpa

Replied December 2021

Hi Karl! Great to hear that your experience with Pixpa has been a positive one! We are very happy to have you onboard with us. Thank you for writing such a detailed review and sharing your feedback and suggestions with us! -Team Pixpa

Gary from G.Watson Images

Industry: Photography

Best website builder on the planet!

It's been absolutely amazing! The only website builder I'll ever use.

Pros

I love so many things about Pixpa. First, their templates make building my website super easy. Their support is always there to step in and help if I can't figure something out.

Cons

None that I can think of. They really are AWESOME and I can't say enough about the online chat support.

Response from Pixpa

Replied May 2021

Thank you Gary for choosing Pixpa for building your website.

Andrew from Andrew James Photography

Great Website Builder

Pros

Very easy to use site builder, good pricing and good GB on the online galleries

Cons

Sometimes slightly buggy website. Sometimes I deleted one section and it cleared my entire page with no way I could see to return to the previous state.

Reasons for Choosing Pixpa

Cheaper, Good customer service, good template

Response from Pixpa

Replied January 2022

Hello Andrew! We are very happy to see you enjoying Pixpa. Customer service is something we take very seriously so if you have any issues while building or editing your website, do not hesitate to contact our Customer Support through livechat or by sending us an email on support@pixpa.com. We're always here to make sure our users have the best experience possible at all times! Thank you for your review your feedback is very valuable to us in helping us grow! - Team Pixpa

Maciej from Papaya Wedding

Industry: Photography

Amazing experience. Easy to use. Great pricing.

Couldn't be more happy. I'm able to create amazing, modern website with so many options.

Pros

It's so easy to use and has so many options. It's perfect for wedding photographers.

Cons

I've never had any problem that wouldn't be fixed by the team in few minutes.

Marcus from Stills by Marcus

Industry: Photography

Pixpa has been a brilliant next step for my photography practice.

Centralising my operations by using my website as a nexus has allowed me to streamline my operations. The customer support on their end has also been singularly and consistently one of the smoothest experiences I've ever had.

Pros

It's stunning how easy to use Pixpa has been for me. From setting up the framework of my site, to diving into details ranging from design customisations, to product and service information. I especially love how it renders my site on mobile devices - that's easily one of my favourite things. Plus, SEO management is a breeze. Overall, its speed and ease of use is magnificent.

Cons

Three main gripes I have at the moment: 1. The fact that payment integrations are limited to Paypal and Stripe, given that the two are barely operable in Kenya, and the main methods of transaction in Kenya forces customers to go through a roundabout method to complete payments. If we could find a simple workaround/workthrough for this, it would be wonderful. Related to this... 2. I can't display prices in my local currency (KES). That makes the checkout process rather difficult. 3. I think the blog side could use a little more editing flexibility. Primarily, the ability to change the size of images within the context of writing a blog post.

Reasons for Switching to Pixpa

The limited feature on Pixieset set at the time, weighed against the cost, was becoming a limitation to how I envision my operations.

Response from Pixpa

Replied September 2021

Hi Marcus, Thank you for taking the time to share your review and feedback on Pixpa. It is great to know that Pixpa has been a helpful partner in your photography practice. Pixpa continues to evolve and improve every day based on feedback from our users. We will definitely keep your feedback in mind in framing our plans.

Dan from Dan Highton Photography

Love the website builder

I wanted to re-design my photography website with a fresh and modern look and after spending a long time looking at many different platforms, I decided to use Pixpa based on the wide range of templates and design options available as well as the ability to sell my images directly from my website. The who experience using pixpa is very straight forward and there are so many great features and ways to customise your website. The support pages are also really useful, and if you can't find the answer to your query, the support helpdesk are always super quick to respond and even send personalised video clips to actually show you what to do in order to resolve the query. I absolutely love this platform and would recommend to any photographers looking to build a portfolio or online store!

Pros

Graet range of templates and customisation options Modern looking site Great support

Cons

Maybe have more storage included in the subs

Reasons for Choosing Pixpa

Zenfolio slow, often has outages and not good overall value for money

Reasons for Switching to Pixpa

Wanted more customisation ability and template options

Response from Pixpa

Replied September 2021

Hey Dan! We are very happy to know that you are loving Pixpa. Customer service is something we take very seriously so we are extremely glad to know that our Customer Support team was able to help you with everything you needed. Thank you for your review! - Mia

Eve from Eve Black, Inc.

Excellent choice for photographers

Pros

The best customer service in website templates! Building the site felt like having a personal assistant on call to help every step of the way. Every question I had was not only answered very quickly but often even solved directly by the PIXPA team. It was like having your own web designer for free! My favorite team to work with!

Cons

No cons so far ...and I have been using it for three years!

Reasons for Choosing Pixpa

Better pricing, great customer support, flexible product window sizing for photography prints that don't fit into square windows

Reasons for Switching to Pixpa

Bad customer service , constant price increases after first year deals

Response from Pixpa

Replied September 2021

Hi Eve! 3 years is a long time and we are incredibly happy that you have had such a great experience with us! Its great to know that our Customer Support team was always there to help you with everything you need! We take customer service very seriously. Thank you for leaving us your lovely review! - Mia

Mikko from Photography

Industry: Photography

Great website builder for photographers

So far, so good. Overall experience has been very good. I really like the ease of use and ability to have almost all features in one package that is affordable in pricing. If you are a photographer Pixpa is a no-brainer and support is just wonderful.

Pros

I really like the client galleries feature in Pixpa, which is a great way to deliver photos/files to customers. I also like many tailor-made features for photographers such as watermarking images if needed, right click protection and so on. Templates are impressive and customer support is unparalleled in its friendliness and efficiency and its available 24/7. It is that good!

Cons

There could be more storage space included in the basic plans and multilingual sites can be challenging to build (to be honest there are tools translate menus and other functions but in order to have a website running completely in two or more languages you may need to buy multiple sites/plans). Integrated booking feature would also be nice to have

Reasons for Choosing Pixpa

It offered more features I needed as a photographer on a ok price compared to others and it is relatively easy to use. Some of the features are unique. You get a feeling that designers of this platform had photographers in their minds and that is not a case with some alternatives.

Response from Pixpa

Replied September 2021

Hello Mikko! We are very happy to know that you have been enjoying Pixpa. Great to see you loving our client galleries! Thank you for choosing Pixpa and for taking the time to leave us a review! - Mia

Christopher from It Was Worth It Photography

Soloprenuer Full-time Creative

My overall experience has been good, and in business...That's amazing. Even when I had an issue they worked to fix it. Pixpa isn't something that I need to worry about while running my business. I'm thankful for that.

Pros

First its the customer service. I've worked with this software and I've had issues that they quickly resolved. I feel like I'm actually working with a team. I've built numerous pixpa websites for my friends who need a simple easy to use software to market themselves. To make my response simple.... All of my future websites will be through Pixpa. I'm obsessed with seeing my images on their landing pages.

Cons

I've been with Pixpa for a few years. So i've seen the version of the software that made me... let's just say, agitated. lol But they upgrade and made a tweak here and there to make it better for the user so my con is possibly the video hosting. Can I host my videos through Pixpa, instead of a third party? not sure.

Reasons for Choosing Pixpa

The photography benefits and online store capabilities.

Reasons for Switching to Pixpa

I wanted something more tailored to photography.

Response from Pixpa

Replied November 2021

Hi Christopher! Thank you for being such a long time supporter of Pixpa! We are delighted to know that Pixpa has been able to meet your needs and requirements. We take customer service very seriously and are very glad that our Customer Support team has been able to assist you wherever needed. We are constantly striving to make our platform better adapted to the needs of our users. Your feedback is an important part of that process. So, thank you very much for leaving us your kind review. - Mia

Chrissy from Chrissy Hutchinson Photo + Video

Industry: Photography

Excellent, affordable service with great templates and great customer service

I love so many things about Pixpa, including the fact that that let you do a free trial period without entering your credit card information, their clean and up to date templates, the fact that they are always improving upon their websites,and their wonderful customer service.

Pros

Pixpa staff make this software more and more straightforward to use the longer that it is around. The templates are clean and offer a variety of different themes, and the customer service has always been excellent, with the Pixpa customer service experts consistently responding within 5 minutes or less.

Cons

There was a bit of a learning curve getting use to this website editor as opposed to other WYSIWYG editors, but the learning curve was not very steep and it didn't take me long to get used to it.

Reasons for Choosing Pixpa

Pixpa was the best value for my money.

Response from Pixpa

Replied September 2021

Hi Chrissy! Your review title summarizes everything we want to be and we are delighted to know that we have succeeded in that for you! We are working on making the learning curve easier by adding more help articles and tutorial videos. Thank you for choosing Pixpa and for taking the time to leave us your lovely review! - Mia

Deborah from Anavista Photography

GREAT Customer Service

I have doubled my clients since launching my website. It looks very professional and it's easy for clients to navigate. I also post on social media with links to the website so I have more people visiting my site.

Pros

I've been hesitant building a website because it can get confusing and overwhelming. With Pixpa I was able to contact support staff when I had questions. They always answered quickly and I was able to keep working. Also, they produced little videos to help show me what I needed to do. I couldn't have built a website without their quick help

Cons

I haven't come across anything I'm not happy with.

Reasons for Choosing Pixpa

Having the support staff to help me as I had questions helped me get my website built and up-and-running in record time.

Reasons for Switching to Pixpa

Zenfolio was too confusing for me.

Response from Pixpa

Replied September 2021

Hi Deborah! We are so glad to here we were able to help you double your clientele and expand your business! How amazing is that! Also glad to know that our Customer Support team were able to look after your every need! Customer service is definitely always our first priority! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. - Mia

Stacey from Photography By Stacey

Pixpa Review

Pixpa is an all in one program, I haven’t been able to find any other one that includes as much as Pixpa does.

Pros

I love that Pixpa had all the features I was looking for in a website host. Not having to have a handful of subscriptions to multiple places was what I was desperate to find and I am so glad I have discovered it! The team is top notch with communication and are always there to help me with any question I might have!

Cons

I would love to see the program have some more custom tools geared towards a photography business, for services I would love to see a deposit/retainer and tip option.

Reasons for Switching to Pixpa

I switched because Pixpa did both of the above and I was looking for 1 subscription to do it all.

Response from Pixpa

Replied November 2021

Hello Stacey! We are very happy to hear that Pixpa has been able to meet your needs and requirements. We are glad that our Customer Support team was able to help you out and answer your queries whenever needed. We take customer service very seriously. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your valuable feedback and suggestions. We are constantly working to make our platform better adapted to the needs of our users and your feedback is an important part of that process! - Mia

Munirih from Muni M. Photography

No Regrets with Pixpa

Pros

It is very easy to use and has great customer service. All my queries are answered in a very timely manner, and they are always able to help me. The overall features available are great and I am guilty of not using Pixpa to its full potential. There are also several different tiers of subscription which are perfect for different users with varying needs.

Cons

So far, I've had no problems with Pixpa!

Reasons for Choosing Pixpa

I found a website template that I loved and was able to easily edit it to suit my needs, more so than the others. Easy to use GUI

Response from Pixpa

Replied September 2021

Munirih we are very happy to know that Pixpa has left you no room for regrets. Great to see that our platform has been working so well for you in every way - Mia

Joel from USVI.Photos

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Feature rich, still needs more.

I am overall fairly pleased. However, I am still using another provider for client image galleries and purchases because it simply works better than picthrive.

Pros

It is feature rich and versatile. I really like how it integrates with my LAB WHCC. The client app are really a great product. -they should be made sell-able.

Cons

The pricing structure is good, but really need more value per tier or lower priced tiers for extra storage. Since your clients are paying for storage, you should definitely have video available for digital downloads. This will require more storage, and thus, you will need to be more competitive with storage plans. Images need to load faster, period. It takes WAAY too long for images to load. -video will need to be even faster. My clients are often confused about where their downloads are and how long it takes to get them. I also want the ability to offer souvenir albums, which I can not do. The send to client function is limited to 3 emails at a time... which requires multiple sends.

Reasons for Choosing Pixpa

Most features that I wanted/needed... However, I am not pleased with the most important one which is selling images to clients as digital downloads.

Reasons for Switching to Pixpa

Better pricing, more features.

Frank from Frank Suero Photography

Industry: Photography

Great platform for professional photographers

Our overall experience with the Platform is just great, any time we need to do something and do not know how the team is there to help me. Just a great platform with outstanding customer support.

Pros

Pixpa offers us a simple yet powerful platform that allows us to have an amazing site for our visitors to see, a great user experience, and a great Gallery integration. It also offers us the ability to sell photography products to our clients right from one platform.

Cons

Actually, we love everything from our account at PIXPA. The only thing that I will be looking to be added is a complete CRM system inside the same platform, that will cut my trip to my actual CRM and keep everything in one place. That will be amazing.

Reasons for Choosing Pixpa

Pixpa offered more for the money

Reasons for Switching to Pixpa

Easy of use, templates looks way better in PIXPA and overall experience is way better and more intuitive in PIXPA

Response from Pixpa

Replied October 2021

Frank we are very happy to see you enjoying Pixpa. Thank you for your review. Your feedback is extremely important to us in helping us grow. - Mia

Don from PhotoMono

A Good, Basic Website Developer/Host

Pixpa is perfect for what I want – a showcase for special photographic images. I do not sell, so I do not use their shopping system. The customer support is excellent. You can work with a live chat line at any time. The support personnel are very quick to respond and are extremely helpful. They are as good (probably better) than any other provider.

Pros

Pixpa is very similar (very similar!) to SquareSpace but at a lower cost. There are some interface differences between the two and some things are better on SquareSpace and some are better on Pixpa. For me, I like how picture size is controlled with dragging a handle on the picture, rather than SquareSpace's very clunky spacers.

Cons

Sometimes it is not too clear where to make a setting or adjustment. Pixpa seems to put settings all over the place. But you get used to it. Also, there are sometimes that there seems to be some extra space that I cannot seem to get rid of. I am sure I am missing a setting somewhere, but that goes back to my first point.

Reasons for Choosing Pixpa

Price and photo sizing method.

Reasons for Switching to Pixpa

I had some issues with Weebly.

Response from Pixpa

Replied November 2021

Hi Don! We are very happy to know that you have had a positive experience with Pixpa. Good to hear that our customer support team was able to help you out promptly whenever needed. Customer service is always our prime focus. We are currently working on adding more help articles and tutorial videos to make the learning curve easier for our new users. Your feedback is very important to us in helping us grow. We are striving to make our platform better adapted to our users' needs and requirements. Thank you for leaving us your review, your feedback is very valuable to us. - Mia

Kalina from Kalina's Photography

Industry: Photography

I love my website and its easiness to manage

Excellent customer service and super easy to use for me.

Pros

I have to be very honest, my Pixpa website is so much easier to manage and I have two Wordpress/Woocommerce sites. Pixpa made it so easy to create my third website and I am thinking about creating one for my graphic design business.

Cons

I wish there were templates. I am not if I am able to purchase a template and use that for Pixpa. I would love to change the look of my photography website but I honestly don't have time so I would like to update the template in the future.

Reasons for Choosing Pixpa

I own two Wordpress sites and I wante something easier to build.

Response from Pixpa

Replied August 2021

Hi Kalina! We are so happy that you have been loving your experience with Pixpa! Helping creative professionals build websites in an easy, accessible and affordable way is our mission and we are glad we have been able to achieve that. - Mia

Incredible support service

I've build and rebuild my website here, I've created galleries for clients and managed different sized projects. I never had an issue and the customer service is just AMAZING.

Pros

I never had an issue and the customer service is just AMAZING. They're still evolving the themes and the quality of the service, also if you have some trouble with payment or upgrade/downgrade they're super helpful and fast to give money back.

Cons

Some integration could be added, but they're still growing. Also for a long time they dedicated zero time to new blog templates (but now they're super good!)

Reasons for Choosing Pixpa

More friendly and incredible support.

Response from Pixpa

Replied October 2021

We are very happy to know that you have had such a positive experience with Pixpa. We take customer service very seriously and we are glad that our Customer Support team was able to help you when needed. Thank you for your review. - Mia

Jerrold from Pixelegant Creative

Industry: Photography

I made the switch to Pixpa. I'm glad I did.

After over a decade with another platform, I decided to make a switch regarding my photography web presence. I explored Pixpa for their beautifully streamlined sites, their abundance of integration partners, and their overall value proposition. After a few months of usage, Pixpa has lived up to my expectations. Most surprising has been the availability and helpfulness of the customer service. I prefer email and chat assistance, and I've been very pleased with how their agents address my concerns and have assisted me with every piece of my site creation. I will also say their e-commerce and shopping options, which were also a big part of my move to Pixpa, are great. Every option I was missing with my previous platform is here, with simple, straightforward fees (and no commissions!) So far, so good. I encourage you to give them a try!

Pros

Templates, shopping experience, integrations, pricing, customization, and SEO tools and options.

Cons

Pixpa doesn't appear to make their branding options clear. Or at least I wasn't aware of any info/options available to me. I had to ask that Pixpa branding and link-outs be removed from my site. It was do immediately, with no issue, but I would rather the default be no branding OR that you give me complete control over that portion.

Lane from Lane Cunningham Photography

Industry: Photography

Easy to use and make your own

Overall has been great, they always answer my questions and help out, there is a slight time zone difference which makes me wait occasionally but cannot blame them for that.

Pros

Ease of getting started and templates but also the allowance to make these templates you're own.

Cons

I wish on slide shows for things like the homepage you could make some of the slides last longer than others,

Reasons for Choosing Pixpa

it seemed a touch easier and didn't have a box on the domain whenever someone was on your site.

Response from Pixpa

Replied November 2021

Hi Lane! We are very happy to hear that you have been enjoying our templates! Glad to know that Pixpa could help you build your website. We are constantly working on improving our platform and making it better suited for our users. Your feedback is an important part of that. So, thank you very much for your review! - Mia

Norma from Norma Martiri Photography

Industry: Photography

An easy to use web platform, great customer service!

I've been really happy with Pixpa. It's easy to use, it has a good selection of templates and most of all the customer service is great! You get a quick response and if necessary they will go in and fix the problem for you. You don't get that with some of the bigger platforms. The price is very reasonable. You can make suggestions for improvements and they will take it on board. I am very happy with them.

Pros

Pixpa is easy to use, customisable and reasonably priced. Great customer service!

Cons

Unable to replace images without losing metadata but they are working on it.

Price initially.

Isaiah from Isaiah Flood Photography

Pixpa for Photographers

Pixpa is an effective tool to deploy and store my photography portfolio online.

Pros

Ease of use, value for money, good support.

Cons

Some features such as a horizontal scroll carousel on mobile or arrows to advance left and right would be really useful and appreciated but they often take a long time to implement.

Price, features.

Response from Pixpa

Replied October 2021

Hello Isaiah! We are very glad that you have had such a positive experience with Pixpa. Your feedback is important to us in helping us grow and making our platform better suited for our users. Thank you for your review. - Mia

Bj from Bj Clayden Photography

Industry: Photography

Pixpa created me on the web.

My photography business depends on my website to display a portfolio, deliver product, and if I wasn't so lazy, my blog would be more active. I haven't even begun to dive into the e-commerce side of it, but that's next. The best investment here has been the outstanding customer service they provide. Always right on it with answers and fixes. My site is never down, and always functional, thanks to these guys.

Pros

After looking through lots of website software, I selected Pixpa for ease of use, professional templates, and a very attractive price point. The private client folders with download capabilities make it sooo easy for my clients to receive their photos in a timely manner.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything that I would change at the moment. I really, really find myself completely satisfied with the product

Reasons for Choosing Pixpa

Simply ease of use and affordable price. Plus I liked the templates best. And I found their support team is everything that I expect....really strong.

Response from Pixpa

Replied November 2021

Hello BJ! We are thrilled to hear that you had such a stellar experience with Pixpa! We are very happy to know that our client galleries have been serving you and your clients so well! Thank you very much for your kind review. - Mia

Rachel from Black Dahlia Foto

Industry: Photography

Simple Professional with out killing my wallet

Customer service has been great. Pricing is awesome. Look of my account is clean and professional. I love Pixpa.

Pros

I needed a simple professional set up. I found it. I also loved that it doesn't kill my wallet. I am a seasonal photographer so sometimes my website just sits. Its nice to know when I am not working I am not spending tons of money. It also is easy to use the preset templates. Which is great cause I really am not a computer person.

Cons

I am still not understanding to customize or use more advanced options. But not really a con because its something I know I need to work on.

Reasons for Choosing Pixpa

I went for something that just fit my flow.

Reasons for Switching to Pixpa

Zenfolio was expensive and hard to use. I didn't like the feel and felt I was being ripped off cause I couldn't understand 80% of how their site worked.

Response from Pixpa

Replied October 2021

Hi Rachel! Thank you for your review. We are glad that you have found Pixpa to be helpful for your needs. Please check out our help site for detailed guides and tutorials. We are currently working on adding more help articles and tutorial videos to make the learning curve easier. Also don't hesitate to contact our Customer Support team for anything you need. Customer service is always our first priority at Pixpa. - Mia

Pixpa software is easy to use and have great support

I didn't get any support before and the page didn't have many options to modify.

Pros

Pixpa is easy to use and you can create very professional pages by Pixpa. The support team is there all the time and the customer service is top quality. They are ready to help you out with any problem you may have. I just love Pixpa.

Cons

I haven't found yet anything to complain. The price is very affordable considering how many functions the Page have. The support team is ready to help you immediately. That's very unique feature.

Reasons for Choosing Pixpa

Many different features and possibilities to create very professional page. The affordable pricing. The great support team if any problems.

Reasons for Switching to Pixpa

Response from Pixpa

Replied September 2021

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear Pixpa has been working well for your needs. Thank you for choosing us to build your website. - Mia

Marc from Marc Doudiet Photography

Industry: Photography

The best for the price !

Very good experience, using it for months now.

Pros

Lots of features included in the normal subscription (customer galleries, android application, templates, ...).

Cons

The UI could be sometimes confusing with a lot of possibities.

the price

Response from Pixpa

Replied October 2021

Hello Marc! We are happy to know you have had a good experience with Pixpa so far. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. -Mia

Loukia from Self Employed

Industry: Fine Art

Simple, elegant and easy to use!

I wanted to show my photos and sell prints in the easiest way possible, all on one platform. Pixpa turned out to be a great place to do that!

Pros

Pixpa is extremely easy and intuitive to use. As a photographer, I was looking for a platform that will help me build a portfolio fast and easy. Another important thing to me was being able to update the website easily being able to integrate a shop. Pixpa made all these very simple and quick! Also, best and most helpful customer support I've seen on a platform so far.

Cons

I feel like there is a very small pool of templates to chose from, and I would appreciate having more creative options to structure my website in a different way.

Reasons for Choosing Pixpa

It was cheaper and again, more fitting towards artist portfolios and stores.

Reasons for Switching to Pixpa

Pixpa was more oriented towards my industry and had a more accessible e-commerce platform. Specifically the feature of Customer Galleries and being able to sell the same product in multiple sizes without having to list it many times.

Response from Pixpa

Replied August 2021

Hello Loukia! Simple, elegant and easy to use is exactly what we aspire to be! We are very happy to know you found Pixpa so perfectly suited for your needs. - Mia

Hermaris from Hermaris Photography

Industry: Photography

Affordable and easy way to build a website

I've used other website builders and Pixpa has been my favorite for my photography business, by a lot.

Pros

It is very user-friendly and straightforward.

Cons

Not having the option to use my own font, and sometimes not being able to use the colors I want.

Reasons for Choosing Pixpa

mostly price and then ease of use

Reasons for Switching to Pixpa

Price and functionality. Pixpa is such an easy way to build a photography website without it looking clunky.

Response from Pixpa

Replied November 2021

Hi Hermaris! We are very glad to know that you found Pixpa to be an affordable, user-friendly and easy to use platform for building your website. Thank you for your review, your feedback is very important to us in helping us improve our platform and make it better adapted to our users. - Mia

Montana from Illustrator

2yr Pixpa user, no complaints!

Positive, I have honestly been free to let my site exist without touching it if I want, which is a bonus for me. When I do want to update it, its easy and fast to do!

Pros

Price, ease of use, customization features, no paying for bells-and-whistles I didn't need

Cons

Maybe more communication, data or updates about my site to my email

Cheaper wit everything I needed/wanted

Response from Pixpa

Replied September 2021

Hi Montana! 2 years! Wow! We are so happy that we have been able to look after your needs so well for 2 years now! Thank you for choosing Pixpa and for continuing to choose Pixpa! - Mia

Nicholas from Copacetic Visuals

Copacetic Visuals Review

Overall, I love Pixpa and everything it offers for me to grow as a company!

Pros

I like the price and how easy it is to integrate other components and pages into my main website.

Cons

I wish there was a feature to have a real live calendar for customers to book dates they wish to have.

Response from Pixpa

Replied September 2021

Hi Nicholas! Glad to see you loving Pixpa! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're always glad to see our platform helping artists and creators grow! - Mia

Gina from Gina Magee Photography

I've tried many others!

Pros

It is so so user friendly. I loved as a client getting to use this so easily and now as a business owner its even better to see MY clients happy!

Cons

The only thing that I would change is the folders on where we put things. like client albums... I use the name of the client for the album but then each gallery i send out, it doesnt show the gallery name so... thats kind of annoying.

Reasons for Switching to Pixpa

Bc WIX was just not cutting it anymore. Pixpa looks and feels way better/professional!

Response from Pixpa

Replied November 2021

Hi Gina! Glad to see you enjoying our client galleries! We are very happy to know that your experience with Pixpa has been a positive one. Thank you for your review! We are constantly working on making our platform better adapted to our users and their needs and your feedback helps us in that. - Mia

Dirk from Dirkhoughton.com

A positive change

Functionally and customer service wise, everything has been great so far!

Pros

I switched from another web host and the user interface to build you page with Pixpa was quite easy to pick up and run with.

Cons

I honestly haven’t run into any cons at this point actually.

Reasons for Choosing Pixpa

To be honest it was a toss up. I had more time invested in the trial period with Pixpa so I stayed with them.

Reasons for Switching to Pixpa

I wasn’t happy with their interface and store options.

Response from Pixpa

Replied September 2021

Hello Dirk! We are thrilled to have brought a positive change to your life and work. Glad to know you have had such a great experience with us! - Mia

Rachel from Life Alive Photography

Industry: Photography

Wonderful platform for the price

Pros

Perhaps my favorite feature is the ability to have client galleries where the clients can leave notes and select favorites of each photo. Great customer service!

Cons

I don't think the SEO integration is very good. The e-commerce area is a bit clunky. Not as much website design customization as I wanted.

Price and client gallery features

Price and client gallery features

Response from Pixpa

Replied September 2021

Hey Rachel! Glad to see you loving our client galleries! Thank you for choosing Pixpa to build your website and for taking the time to leave us your lovely review! - Mia

Darlin from Darlin Gray World Wide

Love Pixpa!

Pros

As a designer, it's very important to be able to exert control over visual elements, and we chose Pixpa because it has a much finer management of those elements than other website builders.

Cons

There can be some very technical solutions to issues, but the customer service is excellent and they are quick to resolve any issues with detailed and easy-to-follow instructions.

Reasons for Choosing Pixpa

Ability to have finer control over visual elements.

Response from Pixpa

Replied September 2021

Hello Darlin! We are very happy to know that Pixpa has been able to serve your needs as a designer. Also good to know that our Customer Support team was able to help you out with your problems promptly. Customer service is always our prime focus. - Mia

Erika from Freelance

Pixpa Review

It took a wee while to get used to. My only issue with it is that when you're wanting to change fonts or their colours, there's no way of knowing what Header 1, 2, 3 etc is.. I've tried to make my website as simple as it can be and I'm probably not using it to its fullest potential at the moment, but it works well enough.

Pros

It's relatively easy to use once you get the hang of it. Their theme, Aperture, is brilliant and the yearly cost of running the website is very affordable compared to other platforms.

Cons

Aperture is a bit tricky to figure out especially when you want to make sure things look good in both laptop and phone formats. There are a few glitches with it, but customer service has been very helpful with fixing what can be fixed.

Response from Pixpa

Replied September 2021

Hey Erika! Thank you for your review. We are glad Pixpa has been working well for you and that our Customer Support team was able to help you whenever you needed them. We are also working on adding more help articles and tutorial videos to make the learning curve easier. - Mia

Bach from Bach photography

Important for business

Pros

Pixpa got a very clear and easy interface for web pages design. The team is always available for answers about modifications and personnalisation of the web page

Cons

Indeed it can be expensive depending on the size of your business

Response from Pixpa

Replied October 2021

Hello Bach! We are very happy to know that Pixpa has been working well for your needs and that our Customer Support team is there to aid you whenever needed. Thank you for your review. - Mia

Javed from Javed Hussain Photography

Industry: Photography

Pixpa a complete solution for creatives like me

You have a website, a store, blog, client galleries, app all in one place, and a wonderful friendly team to help you 24x7, what else one need? I am using it from many years, would like to use it always for me. I highly recommend pixpa - a Piece of Mind.

Pros

A very easy to do, to manage, to customize and to have a website on it. The best thing is the team support, they are very friendly and 24x7 available for any help and very quick responsive attitude they have. Great Motivated team is always available to help you is the most lovely thing I like about Pixpa.

Cons

I think the only thing needed to give is upload videos feature on pixpa without uploading on another platform like You youtube etc. Another I would say should make an easy system for 'client app', need to improve here.

Max from Manasota360 Real Estate Photography & Virtual Tours

Industry: Photography

Excellent website builder, excellent templates, SUPERIOR customer support!

Pixpa has filled our website builder needs very well.

Pros

Ease of deployment and the templates, customer support is amazing! Definitely built for photographers!

Cons

Embedding only from YouTube and Vimeo is limiting. Video embeds require multiple clicks for playing. Need ability to upload video for hosting in Client Galleries.

Reasons for Choosing Pixpa

Ease of deployment, value for money.

Response from Pixpa

Replied August 2021

Hello Max! Yes we indeed provide SUPERIOR customer support! :D Thank you for your kind review. We strive to provide the most accessible and intuitive website builder platform for creative professionals and small business. Thank you for choosing Pixpa! - Mia

David from YERBY

Pixpa Photographer Review

Very good, anytime I had a question the customer service was so quick to attend to it. even fixed the problems for me first then explained in great and clear detail on how they did it and how I can understand it better next time.

Pros

Everything is in one place and fast to set up

Cons

Doesn't allow me to set my own custom image sizes but it is doable, sometime Is wish it would allow me to create a custom image size for digital downloads.

Reasons for Switching to Pixpa

Shootproof account was compromised and they put the responsibility of their customers to fix the problem on their own instead of them fixing it for us which was incredibly confusing. Also, it takes a little over a week for a simple payment to go through while Pixpa offers a faster way to get paid for your profits.

Response from Pixpa

Replied August 2021

Thank you for your review David! We are glad you found our Customer Support team prompt and helpful. Customer service is our foremost priority at Pixpa. Thank you for choosing us! - Mia

Tirumalesh from REDCARPET STUDIO

Excellent Product and Services

Excellent customer service and help during in customization

Pros

The template is great start to help design the website and also has rich features to drag, drop and customize

Cons

Customer service is via online and not phone that is sometimes difficult to express. The coverage overlaps many hours of EST but there are some hours which is not covered.

Reasons for Choosing Pixpa

competitive pricing and professional services

professional template and customization

Response from Pixpa

Replied November 2021

Hello Tirumalesh! We are very glad to see that you have had a great experience with Pixpa. Good to hear that you have been enjoying our templates and our drag and drop page builder! We constantly strive to improve our platform and make it better suited to the needs of our users. Your feedback is a very important part of that. So, thank you for taking out the time to leave us a review! - Mia