All Wix Reviews

Wix is trix!

Frank

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2021

The only way to be a full stack developer without coding.

If you want to become a Full Stack web developer without learning HTML, CSS, PHP and JavaScript then WIX is the best CMS for you to choose. I've introduced a lot of friends to use WIX and they really enjoy it. I am now part of the WIX family.

PROS

After some few years in the web development world, I wanted the best CMS with more features that can help me design my websites without stressing on too much coding. Wix was there to rescue me. With Wix I can develop tons of websites within a week without CODING. This is so far the best CMS for every web developer. It is also easy for everyone to learn, customer and use.

CONS

I need more feature in Wix CMS because I'm stack and I won't use any CMS except. I don't have any problem with the price. It is very cool.

Reason for choosing Wix

Very simple to use and customize. I always do magic anytime I use WIX.

Reasons for switching to Wix

I also wanted a CMS that comes with a lot of features and also very simple for everyone to use.

Christina

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2024

For simple websites

PROS

It was easy to setup and meets most of our needs in terms of landing pages and quick event registration pages.

CONS

It is a mess in terms of code and tends to be slightly laggy and hard to upscale.

Brit

Events Services, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2024

If you know what you're doing you'll be fine. If not budget more time.

Affordable and excruciatingly slow, but the customer service is available when you purchase a premium plan and they're genuinely good folks.

PROS

All three customer service reps that helped me via live chat today and tonight have been gracious, kind and knowledgeable. I've been working on a host of problems for 8 hours now and finally resolved 80 percent of them. The other two the staff are looking into and will get back to me.

CONS

I have a hard time waiting for what seems like dial up speeds while editing. It is table flipping, laptop yeetingly frustrating. Also its not 100% intuitive. I have been trying to get the offshoots of various website links to match my "brand" just in terms of font and its been a nightmare so far.

Reason for choosing Wix

My boss uses them. I've been loosely monitoring his website and influxes and felt comfortable hiring them.

Robert

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Non-present to Real Time Presence

We were able to recreate our website, improve it, and offer enhancements quickly and easily. Our need to book events and track ticket buyers is important to our identity. Events are an important revenue stream for us. We direct customers to the site for menu and beer options, what's happening and other specials. It is our source of truth.

PROS

The ease of use. The content management capability and simplicity is what got my marketing and customer team on board and to adopt this as our primary web tool.

CONS

It took a minute to figure out the add-on features, where they were and how to use them.

Reason for choosing Wix

We could do it without being tech savvy or having to pay everytime we made a change.

Reasons for switching to Wix

We could not manage it ourselves and had to pay every week to add beers and food to our menu. It really didn't match our strategy.

Design, 2-10 employees

Working with WIX

Our overall experience has been a positive one with WIX. We are very pleased in how it has assisted us with our design firm.

PROS

We enjoy the marketing tools. We use blogs, newsletters, and email campaigns, and we can control all of these via WIX.

CONS

In our experience, it was the learning curve. It did take us a bit to figure everything out; however, WIX offers fantastic "how-to" videos with a simple search. I haven't found an issue I couldn't figure out with the training videos, I just hope they would be categorized a bit better.

Stephanie

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

My Go-To Website Builder

PROS

The drag and drop features in Wix make it super easy to use, even if you're not accustomed to web editing. There are a lot of interesting and nice-looking built-in functions that can help every website look different but still professional. It's easy to build out new pages and achieve the structural results that make the most sense for your project. It's fairly easy to share administrative access. There are a lot of helpful hints and directions in the system that make it easy to use.

CONS

The mobile responsiveness features don't always adapt content like I think they would which sometimes seems to complicate the design of the website. There are certain small functionality elements that are a little finicky but, overall, there's just a slight learning curve in how to use them.

Aileen

Apparel & Fashion, 1 employee

I Love Wix

PROS

I can have many pages that are simple to edit

CONS

I have to edit third party orders individually

Mykia

Mental Health Care, 2-10 employees

Shyne Your Light

PROS

I love that I can operate my business from an easy-to-use website platform.

CONS

I haven't experienced any cons yet with Wix. I've used Wix for all my businesses. No e-commerce website platform is perfect, but Wix has been easier for me than any other.

Leslie

Internet, 1 employee

Wix Review

PROS

Wix is by far THE BEST website builder and content manager. The options are endless! I personally use WIX and actually have it saved on my taskbar for easy access. You won't be let down if you choose to go with WIX.

CONS

There is so much to choose from that I find it hard to make a decision from time to time.

Nomusa

Design, 1 employee

Try WIX for your ecommerce

My experience was not so favorable. Wix offers a free plan, advanced features, custom domains, e-commerce capabilities, and ad-free options that require a paid subscription, which may not be cost-effective for some users.

PROS

Wix offers a drag-and-drop editor that makes it easy for beginners to create and customize websites without needing coding skills

CONS

Wix offers extensive customization options, but users may encounter limitations in achieving highly complex or unique design layouts compared to coding-based platforms.

Denise

Retail, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed March 2024

Quick simple website builder

It’s fairly simple to design webpage and implement

PROS

It’s fairly easy to use and implement webpage

CONS

Some functions are complicated or difficult to finagle

Jordan

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Reliable Website Builder

We predominantly used Wix to spin up web templates for clients. It was always easy to train fellow co-workers on.

PROS

There's a lot of decisions that we have to make in life. If you work in marketing, it's how to spin up a quick landing page with little to no front-end designing skills. Enter Wix, the reliable web template builder. Sure, if you want to curse yourself out for hours straight you can buy a Wordpress template and configure it. If you have a couple of extra bucks in your pocket you can use Square Space and use one of their cookie-cutter templates. I like Wix because it gets the job done without breaking the bank, while giving serval options on spinning up a new website layout.

CONS

I've noticed the support isn't as robust as Square Space, but there's typically very little that I need support on.

Reason for choosing Wix

Wordpress gives you unlimited options, but along with a massive amount of free-will comes in-depth expertise needed.

Reasons for switching to Wix

Price and availability of web templates

Barb

Management Consulting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Must Have for any Small to Medium Size Business

The savings is tremendous using the Wix software. I no longer need a custom programmer, and it saves my staff and I hours updating the web site. Their blog is very simple to set up and maintain - another plus for us as we use it on a daily basis. This software is a real time saver, the templates are professional and their support staff is very responsive and knowledgeable. I can't recommend this enough!

PROS

Excellent user experience, get started in minutes - there is no ramp up time to use this software. They have a powerful drag and drop editor , and you don't need any coding skills although coding is an option for the experienced users - a plus for any business. Make changes, add or remove text boxes, buttons, videos and more – within only a few clicks. There are hundreds of templates to choose from or you can create your site from scratch. They have an extensive help center - you can find answers to any questions and their are videos showing how to use their system.

CONS

Their SEO component is not as robust as it could be. While you can get the basics done, I struggled with trying to use advanced features and ended up using another program to do it.

Reasons for switching to Wix

Not enough features in Adobe and it was a more cumbersome software program. Their support was slow in responding.

Lindy

Arts and Crafts, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2020

Wix Works for Fine Art

I market and sell my original art and prints online to a nationwide audience, and Wix has made it simple and rewarding for me to keep my website updated myself. I have no idea how their support is. In over 2 years, I've never had to use it.

PROS

For easy and intuitive to use WYSIWYG software, Wix offers almost endless possibilities for customization. As a professional artist, design uniqueness is everything when it comes to my website. It's sort of fun and almost game-like to use. I've never had it crash, either. And the online commerce app is equally seamless to use, design-wise and financially.

CONS

I'd like more features on the blog platform. While it integrates perfectly with the website, it is limited in design features, and users can't comment directly.

Reason for choosing Wix

Reviews seemed to favor Wix for creatives.

Reasons for switching to Wix

Having been with GoDaddy over a decade, I got tired of fighting software changes that diminished the creative experience and dummied-down their program. I want to have control of my design without learning code. I know how to sell my art. They don't .

Ko-Ko

Graphic Design, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2020

Professional Website for the Small Entrepreneur

I have enjoyed using the Wix platform to create and manage my business website. I have also used it to design websites for my clients. The platform has a variety of features that can give any website a professional look and feel. The accompanying mobile app has helped me quickly respond to inquiries left on my website by prospective clients. The app also has the added feature of letting me know when someone is on my website and what part of the county they are browsing from. I have recommended Wix to many of my colleagues, and I will continue to do so in the future.

PROS

Wix makes it easy to have a beautiful, professional website without any coding experience. Using this software I was able to create an online portfolio to showcase my graphic design work. I have received compliments from many clients and prospects on the aesthetic and professionalism of my website.

CONS

I did notice that the website editor can get a bit slow and glitchy if you do not refresh the page often while working on your website. Also, the monthly subscription price point is a bit high, but considerable savings can be achieved with an annual subscription, especially when there is a sale.

Reason for choosing Wix

The ease of use, amount of features, and more enjoyable interface experience.

WENDY

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2020

User Friendly Website Builder

Overall , I am a happy Wix user so far. Everything in WIX is a no-brainer. Even if you do, there's always a friendly help support team to ask around with. So, go ahead and try it out. Building a website wouldn't be a headache with WIX ;)

PROS

I really like how versatile WIX is. You can basically be as creative as you want in building your own website. Even if you are not as creative , the beautiful templates given are enough to make you choose the perfect design. Or you can even let WIX to do the site building job for you as they have a very convenient and intelligent . Just answer a few questions and let Wix to start building your website. You just need to make some personal touch and that will be guided by Wix as well. I love the fact that there is a cropping tool which can really cut off your time if you're not a photoshop user. The tool gives you the simplest way to crop out background and saving you lots of time. Also, another thing to love is that how simple it is to integrate other software into wix . Even if you are from a zero coding background, integration becomes easy as ABC and that's no joke.

CONS

I have to say that I didn't like the fact that most widgets added in Wix are some add on feature which require you sign up and pay. I have to say as convenient they are, the usage is quite limited and the price is somewhat expensive. For example, there is a limit for the forms and subscribers name lists . Hence, as a user, we have required to use 3rd party software to be integrated such as Zapier and Hubspot. I just realized that by using Wix as a website, it means that you are bound to use it for the rest of your life as you cannot transfer your site to some other site builders. It wouldnt be much of a big deal if you have already done it as the features in Wix are quite comprehensive and useful.

Reason for choosing Wix

I have heard how Wordpress is easily hacked by others so I decided to choose Wix in the end because so far, I have only heard good security about Wix.

Matthew

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2021

Great service for setting up a new website!

Overall, the ease of use and simple beauty of Wix is, for me, well worth the premium I pay. If I can pay a little extra to save a whole lot of time and headache, I do - and Wix lets me do exactly that.

PROS

Wix is incredibly easy to use, especially with Wix's ADI (Artificial Design Intelligence). I have zero knowledge of web design, let alone design in and of itself. Using Wix's ADI I was able to make a gorgeous website for my company that continues to get compliments. It's very easy to update the website with new information, which is a must-have for me. I've rarely had issues with speed or usability - Wix just works.

CONS

Wix can be expensive. The price for ease of use seems to be higher premiums for what would be a given elsewhere - specifically, higher plans within their "website plans" tier only really offer marketing incentives (in my opinion) that expire after a year of use. Sure, you get more storage as well - but $5/mo just for an extra 10GB of storage (from Unlimited plan to Pro plan) seems a little steep, given that for $0.05 I could store the same amount on Backblaze B2 and use a Wordpress instance. In short, anything beyond the basic Combo plan seems obtusely overpriced. Moreover, every single time I enter Wix to edit my site, I feel I'm met with annoying advertisements to get a custom email, get a custom domain, etc. etc. which are just advertisements for services I already have elsewhere (though lately these have calmed down).

Reason for choosing Wix

Wix seemed just easier to use, and has continued being easy to use.

Reasons for switching to Wix

Wordpress, while powerful, is simply too much for a self-employed service-industry employee to manage. Wix is much easier.

Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2021

Wix is a great CMS with a few Issues

Overall it's a great platform. It has really powerful features and add-on apps that can bring life and amazing capabilities to your website. Plus they are always improving things...

PROS

Wix is one of the best CMS website platform on the market. It requires no coding skills and very little technical skills. You do have to be pretty savvy with using design software but they offer a really cool self built templates that you just plug in your information and your good to go. After working with Wix for a couple of years it becomes easier and easier to use. I love their design templates. It makes it easy to design amazing website with little design skills.

CONS

The biggest issue I have with Wix is that it's sometimes hard to line up images and text with their drag and drop features. Also, their mobile response feature is very weak. You will have to build the site on the desktop and then have to rearrange everything again for the mobile view which can sometimes be very tedious.

Reason for choosing Wix

I did not now how to use WordPress plus it did not have hosting at the time but Wix had everything I needed in one platform

Reasons for switching to Wix

Wix had all the features I wanted and more apps and add-ons that really wowed me...

Robin