All WordPress Reviews

Jon

E-Learning, 2 - 10 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed May 2024

WordPress Review: Industry Standard for A Reason!

Luke

Graphic Design, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2022

Wordpress is by far the best website platform and is highly customisable

I love Wordpress and there is no other platform like it!

PROS

I have used Wordpress for myself and my clients for the past 10 years. It's my preferred platform to build websites on due to the amount of customisation I can make, unlike other platforms such as Shopify which is a lot more difficult and costly. Wordpress feels like a platform where there are no limits to what you can do.

CONS

Woocommerce can be a bit expensive with plugins, but I can make customisations myself unlike Shopify. The dashboard could also do with a refresh to make it more friendly for clients to use. I have had a few websites that have been hacked over the years so I would like to see better security on Wordpress.

Reason for choosing WordPress

Better customisations and page builder options. Cheaper in terms of plugins too.

Reasons for switching to WordPress

With every project, I need to choose whether it will be Wordpress or Shopify for e-commerce. I love shopify's interface, but the customisations can be difficult to make so I will choose Wordpress on occasions.

Pedro

Reviewed January 2024

WordPress is the way to go

PROS

I've been growing with this platform as a developer and entrepreneur. It has been an amazing journey so far because it has shifted from a "blog platform" to a "do whatever you want with it" platform. In my company we've already worked with SO many different project - and some really big. The flexibility of WordPress is amazing and if we know how to work with it, this can be very powerful! I'm obviously referring to the open-source solution, not the wordpress.com version.

CONS

The well known cons are related to the way WP saves information into database and how it works with it. That's basically the biggest problem with it. But that's also something that when we know what we are doing, we can actually play with our own tables or even our separate database, Everything is possible!

Reasons for switching to WordPress

I've started to notice that WordPress had more flexibility and, mostly, because of the community, which is incredibly huge.

Jessica

Internet, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2020

Wordpress, NOT for Complete Beginners

Although Wordpress is a fairly fast and easy way to get website up and running relatively fast, it requires a lot of upkeep, maintenance, and constant monitoring and continuous configuring of code updates and settings to keep running smoothly and safely in the long run. Do not reccomend to complete beginners or novices. Highly recommend to business owners who have a budget for proper upkeep and maintenance.

PROS

Highly customizable with extensive knowledge and experience

CONS

Doesn't work out the box, needs a lot of customization and configuring in order to work properly, not for Complete beginners.

Reason for choosing WordPress

They all fell short in one way or another.

Reasons for switching to WordPress

LightCMS was too Proprietary making it too hard to customize and had the same learning curve as Wordpress, just with too many customization restrictions, so it made sense for me to switch.

Tichaona Redemptor

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

The first and cutting edge website and content creation and management platform

Ecstatic Thrilled Euphoric Exhilarated Energetic Enthusiastic

PROS

Customizable branding enables users to create a unique and consistent brand identity across their website. This includes incorporating brand colors, logos, fonts, and other visual elements that help reinforce brand recognition and establish a professional online presence.

CONS

Many updates to manage You need plugins for most things Themes and plugins can slow your site down Advanced customization is only possible with a developer

Reason for choosing WordPress

to see what feature it has that are better than the alternative

Reasons for switching to WordPress

To try other options and see what has the best features

philipp

Reviewed October 2023

All these good reviews have something in commen. Most people reviewing this have only ever used WP

In the end WP is a blogging platform and should NOT be used for your big corporate website. It has to many flaws for a that.Using any of the DIY theme builders you will create a good looking website that will become a maintenance, security and SEO nightmare. The amount of hours you will spend trying to fix stuff could have been spent on a system that works well. You will create a monster with 1000 plugins that will break the site as soon as there is a php update.Horrible, then more maintenance and money spend. WP is not a good idea unless it for a small DIY website for self or a small business

PROS

Its easy to install and get up and running. There are TONS of plugins.Great as a blog

CONS

Tons of plugins make the website a nightmare. Every day something stops working.You get attacked all the time so security needs to be on point at all times.Bad choice for a multi website CMS

Reason for choosing WordPress

Had to use it because of clients wishes

Stefan

Reviewed April 2024

Good product for creating any website

overall great experperience, i do not know any better CMS for small-middle websites, definately worth to use, espcecially because of low cost and easy startup

PROS

very low cost, many plugins, good documentation, very strong usage all over the world, quite robust

CONS

overall speed is low, some settings are difficult to understand

Reason for choosing WordPress

easier setup, better documentation, more plugins

Amanda

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

I'm Super Happy I Use WordPress!

Wonderful over-all experience!I look forward to using WP with our next business!

PROS

There are a lot of options! The hardest thing was choose the template! They all fit perfectly!

CONS

I kind of was looking forwars to lore free templatea. But thats only because my specific need is very diverse.

Reasons for switching to WordPress

Better options for my needs. Mores choices for education.

Shiv Shankar

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2023

WORDPRESS IS USERFREINDLY CMS

Quite good and for initial learn most of things.

PROS

Easy to use, make website faster and user-friendly.

CONS

Drag and drop with the help of eliminator.

Reason for choosing WordPress

wix doesn't have plugin option so its quite simple as compare to wp.

Traci

Online Media, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2024

Learning curve but worth it

Wordpress is not just plug and play but there are a lot of Youtube videos out there to help you get started. You do need to be somewhat tech-savvy, but not an expert. I love all the different plugins that are available to use.

PROS

It is very customizable with lots of plugins to use.

CONS

The learning curve is very steep. It is hard to know where to start and what you need to do.

Reasons for switching to WordPress

I switched because I wanted to monetize my site.

Reviewed October 2023

WordPress: Best for your work

Wordpress has made a position through its own ability and I think it is best and comfortable for user.

PROS

WordPress provides unlimited pages facility and it is user friendly software.

CONS

It’s security features which I like least. Authority should work more on it.

Joel

Religious Institutions, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Great tool for web editing

PROS

I like that Wordpress is open ended and can be paired with a bunch of different web editing tools.

CONS

It has a bit of a learning curve to it, and isn't super accessible for people who are not very technologically inclined.

Reasons for switching to WordPress

Wordpress was Cheaper and had a bit more open ended applicational use.

Lea

Writing and Editing, 1 employee

Quality worth the expense

My experience has been positive, I will stay with WordPress.

PROS

Customizable and generally easy to use.

CONS

There is a learning curve to WordPress. You have to be ready to study if you use WordPress.

Reasons for switching to WordPress

WordPress is better for SEO and for bloggers.

Alyssa

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2019

Everyone Needs to Learn Wordpress

PROS

Wordpress can be as easy or as complex as you want it to be. There are thousands of plug ins and hundreds of themes! depending on the theme you like, you can download a full website and edit what you need. There are plug-ins for SEO. Yoast SEO is my favorite to use. Its robust and does all the work under the hood of your website. SSL Certification is a huge thing to have on your website - yes, theres a plug in for this! I am currently building out 5 websites for our different companies. Wordpress is sexy, sleek, and most recognized by Google!

CONS

I wish you didn't have to have a server if you don't have a domain. Plugins and themes publish updates often. You have to manually update these.

Reason for choosing WordPress

Wix's themes and pages are not recognized by google. Which means your Wix website will not be found on the first pages of Google. Wordpress is up to date with Google and is found!

Brad

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed November 2019

Blog + Application Framework + Content Management System

Using WordPress, we were able to rebuild our public facing website and our staff intranet simultaneously on one installation. And we were about to roll out features and updates at a pace that suited us. In the title, I mentioned Application Framework - WordPress is so extensible and flexible that you can treat it as a framework either apart from or in conjunction with the content management system and blogging engine.

PROS

For starters, the price can't be beat. WordPress is open source, so it's free to use in pretty much any way you need. With most free software, there's no support, but the WordPress community is so massive that you can find help for nearly anything WordPress related. If you're a developer, it's incredibly easy to add and customize features by writing plugins. If you're a designer, you have total control over the appearance of your site with the WordPress templating system.

CONS

There's not much to dislike about WordPress. As a developer, I find some of the older APIs to be a bit unwieldy, but most of those are being deprecated in favor of new methods as updates roll out. The new block editor isn't my favorite thing in the world, but it can be disabled if you need.

Reason for choosing WordPress

Once we decided to move away from Joomla, we didn't even consider anything else.

Reasons for switching to WordPress

We found Joomla to be too dated, both under the hood and visually. The extensibility and community support we need just isn't there with Joomla like it is with WordPress.

Steve

Non-Profit Organization Management, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Still the best and getting easier

We use WordPress to power a surprising number of content sites, many with more than a thousand articles (the largest site has over 10k total pages). This is a huge blessing from where we were just a few years ago with an expensive, development-heavy, closed-source behemoth. The one thing we really don't intend to use WordPress for is the e-commerce area. We went with a special-purpose platform for that because we didn't want to cobble-together a ton of WooCommerce plugins.

PROS

We use WordPress for more than ten websites, the top three of which have more than a million visitors per month. So, with the right hosting platform, WordPress can be "enterprise". What I like the most is that we've been able to train more than 50 content producers to easily use the system. There is so much self-help training (just not from WordPress itself, all 3p) out there that you can pretty much teach yourself anything. We especially like the SEO courses that all have modules about WordPress--that's crucial because trying to do SEO yourself, without good tools and processes, is a huge time sink. WordPress has so many plugins that you can find anything almost anything you need.

CONS

The greatest strength, the extensibility through plugins, is also a huge weakness. The "batteries not included" model means that you will spend a lot of time selecting, managing and updating plugins. This is still easier than coding site features yourself, but the all-in-one approach of competitors like Wix or Squarespace is pretty attractive if you don't want to configure a bunch of disparate pieces of software.

Reason for choosing WordPress

We choose WordPress because it has the richest ecosystem of software and hosting options. We made it customized for our needs with very little expense. Plus, almost every creative agency is able to use it, and that's really helpful for keeping costs low.

Reasons for switching to WordPress

Sitecore was just awful. No one but C# developers could use it. Their newest offering, SXA, to visually make pages, was a complete joke. We had to switch.

Jeheen Mahmood

Writing and Editing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2020

This is WordPress, do I need to say more! My entire blogging business is based on this one product!

I started making my own websites and assiting with other's projects with only 30 minutes of training. I knew near to zero about web development. Then I watched a video tutorial of the basics and that was enough to start me on my way. I learned by doing new things, stumbling on new issues, then learning from the mistake and troubleshooting from online forums. Now I have 10-15 websites at a time and also help my clients with their websites. Of course, I am still learning and I am no coder, I have 0 coding knowledge. Yet I manage to do a lot of things without any coding.

PROS

The way a total layman can pick up the basics and publish a website for oneself is mind boggling. I know there are even easier solutions. I tried them. But no one, absolutely no one has the same balance of freedom, ease of use and gradual learning curve like WordPress.

CONS

It's an open market when it comes to WordPress. If you dont like something, it is likely that there are at least 10 alternatives. So I can not say I dont like something, I KNOW there is an alternative that I would like. The new Gutenberg update had caught me unaware like thousands of other users and I am still using the old interface (guilty!), so that transition might be called somthing that gave me a hiccup. Again as I said, there are always alternatives, you can use several plugins to revert to old WordPress OR you can even use page builders.

Reason for choosing WordPress

Freedom, cheaper cost, fast development, and many more reasons.

Tayyab

Reviewed July 2020

Develop Instant Website for any Company

I am a blogger and using WordPress since 2018 and find it very helpful. I can manage the whole team easily and efficiently. It provides me whole features to design and develop my website without any hustle. I am very satisfied with the WordPress platform because it helping me a lot without taking my extra time.

PROS

WordPress is one of the best platforms that allow us to develop our own website for free. The dashboard of the platform is quite easy and attractive. The Integration level of WordPress is on the next level because it can easily integrate any plugin by just a simple search in the plugin option. It is very secure as well as easy to use with a simple interface.

CONS

Updates are the biggest cons of WordPress in which there is the possibility of losing data. Sometimes it is difficult to find the related plugin according to your desire then you need to develop custom plugins.

Reason for choosing WordPress

Wordpress's simple interface attracts me than others. The most important thing in blogging is SEO optimization and WordPress allows you to use plugins properly in on-page SEO than other platforms. So, I prefer WordPress to others.

Chirag