• icon"They have a rich set of integrations with a lot of communication and server management platforms, so I don't think you will run out of ways to be informed when a server goes offline."
  • icon"I like the simple interface. It doesn't overwhelm you with too many options but still provides lots of integrations and functionality."
  • icon"I love easy it is to use and it actually gives me near realtime updates on the free trial."
  • icon"Nothing really yet that I disliked, perhaps only automatic dark mode for status pages would be cool."
  • icon"I have yet to find a real downside to this product."
  • icon"Currently I'm using this tool alone, so I haven't tested all features yet. In a features that I've been using, haven't found any cons or things, that I do not like."

Browse all Better Uptime Reviews

• Have you used Better Uptime and would like to share your experience with others?

Mick

Industry: Building Materials

October 2022

An important part of my business

I have had no issues and no reason to contact support.

Pros

Very easy to use and endless options are available.

Cons

It's ideal to use for a few sites, but It's a little clumsy when you have 100+ sites.

Reasons for switching to Better Uptime

BetterUptime was clearly better.

Victor

Just as the name says

Better Uptime is the best uptime monitoring service I have ever seen. The attention to detail and willingness to improve is second to none. From a monitoring perspective, you can customize exactly how, when and from where it occurs. You decide what is the cause for an incident and then how that incident should be handled such as who to notify and how to notify them as well as what to do in case that notification doesn't get acknowledged. Once someone starts to look into the issue Better Uptime is ready to help with information on when the issue occurred, how it has been verified and a helpful screenshot documenting what has happened to ensure a quick resolution. Furthermore, Better Uptime offers tools to help you follow up and prevent the issues from reoccurring. All this while also keeping your customers in the loop through status pages and subscriptions. All in one place to help everyone achieve better uptime that lasts.

Pros

Better Uptime is the only tool I've used that actually resulted in better uptime. This tool does everything perfectly from monitoring to reporting. Everything is customizable down to every detail. Every time something happens Better Uptime is there to make sure you are aware of the problem and has all the information you need to quickly rectify it as well as preventing it from happening again.

Cons

Everything I thought could be improved has been improved by the fantastic team behind Better Uptime. The only small thing I am still missing is support for more languages on the status page.

Reasons for choosing Better Uptime

Because Better Uptime offers an all-in-one solution at a better price.

Reasons for switching to Better Uptime

To get better customization of monitors and the ability to get notified through multiple channels at once.

Vlastimil

Good, but expensive

Pros

Free domain on status page Pretty fast support for free users

Cons

Cannot use Google analytics on status page unless i choose paid plan Cannot use Webhooks for the same reason as google analytics Really, and i mean REALLY limited choosing of services to integrate for free

A joy to use

I want to give my users comfort in the quality of my software - having a status page with Better Uptime means I can do that, and I've really enjoyed setting it up. I look forward to being a customer for many years.

Pros

It's so easy to use. It does one thing, and it does it well. Setting up my status page, and connecting it to a custom domain, took me less than five minutes. I haven't had to improve it since.

Cons

I honestly can't think of something I didn't like. I actually emailed the dev team to say well done because using it was so enjoyable!

Reasons for choosing Better Uptime

Because Statuspage only allowed you to set up two metrics when getting started whereas BetterUptime offered three, which is actually what I was looking for.

Devan

One of the best site monitoring tools I have used.

My expectations were high, but this system completely blew them away. I was really surprised at how easy it was to set up. The reporting is great - not too much. Just enough to get the team working on the right resolution plan whenever something does go down or not look right.

Pros

Better Uptime was so simple and quick to set up. We had been using another good tool for many years, and I didn't think that this system would surpass that, but surpass it did. The reporting is so much better, the flexibility over the time periods for monitoring and configuration for checking systems with sign on walls was so much simpler and easier to set up that any other system I had come across. The 'on call' scheduler is also really cool and useful. No more midnight callouts for me when a server goes down because I can get other team members to take care of them without having to set on/off times. They have a rich set of integrations with a lot of communication and server management platforms, so I don't think you will run out of ways to be informed when a server goes offline. Really appreciate the way we can set up multiple status pages too - we have one for our customers, and one for our internal devops team to monitor non customer facing servers. Additionally, we actually save costs on TWO other services that we can retire, because Better Uptime has heartbeat monitoring as well. We haven't really used this part yet, but can't wait to try it out.

Cons

Not much to dislike at all. I would have loved a raw HTTPS Webhook for server incidents so we can tie it into our existing paging system, but their team have said this is coming so I can be patient.

Reasons for switching to Better Uptime

Better monitoring intervals, reporting and integration.

Osama

Easy, fast, and organized view of your servers

I am pleased with Better Uptime, and it is a very nice product. I highly recommend it.

Pros

I love the status page. It gives a bird's eye on all the servers. The free version is very generous with up to ten servers. I heard about their service on AppSumo. They regularly add new features to the monitor. Best of all is the ease of use and setting it up. It has an email, in-app messages, SMS, and phone call notifications. I woudl recommend Better Uptime over the competition because of the price and ease of use.

Cons

Response time across the regions is for the last 24 hours. I think it would be better to select a longer period.

Costs less than Pingdom.

Shekhor

Best Uptime Monitor for any website

Pros

If you are living or at least side income from any website, you definitely need to check your Website's availability. So a website uptime checker is what needed for you to check your server's availability in real time. And that is how you can track your business. If its down, at least you can talk to support to fix the issues so that your business can still kick back on time. The Better Uptime team made the uptime monitoring like piece of cake. You can check your Websites uptime in realtime with a minute interval and can get notified if there is any downtime via SMS or call. Yes, you can still get notified via Slack and email or so. But getting notified via SMS or Call is what makes you free from being online forever.

Cons

To be honest nothing. I can't point out even a single thing that I didn't like. May be being a small marketer, I really got what I mostly needed for my usecase. So I don't need to ask more from it.

Mónica

July 2022

The tool we use to monitor websites

Pros

It is a very easy to use tool, you only have to create the domains and you already have the website monitored

Cons

The users and calendars part is a bit complicated to understand, but once you understand it, it is very useful.

Angelo

Industry: Architecture & Planning

July 2022

For standard monitoring, it is among the best

Better Uptime is a system that complies with what it offers, even the free version, it is very powerful for basic systems, which are hosted on shared hosting. I have recommended it to colleagues who are just starting out in system administration, and it has been very helpful.

Pros

We like how easy it is to set it up. Once you have the url or ip of the service. The system will be able to start operating immediately. System administrators usually know how to configure it. It has a very intuitive user interface. The app makes things a lot easier. Sometimes we can't check the mail, so having a personalized notification on the smartphone doesn't help to identify what problems there are, without even seeing the phone. It is these small details that enhance these systems.

Cons

I would like to be able to self host the system for internal service monitoring within VPN networks. But for this, there are other alternatives

Great alternative to Uptime robot

Pros

Ease of deployment - sign in, add a URL and away you go. You can set the site to be monitored every 30 seconds if you wish which is a great feature for such a low priced tool.

Cons

Its a fairly new company and there have been a couple of glitches, but nothing to stop me using it to its full potential - The error reporting has been 100% but i've had the odd site that didn't auto resolve the incident - I believe better uptime have now fixed that issue

Ease of use

December 2021

Best monitoring saas I've ever used

Pros

You can fully customize the monitoring test endpoint to call (maybe require a POST call? perhaps my not ok response is a 400 HTTP status?) and also create escalation policies to notify incidents. It's great that It can notify someone in charge of it based on a calendar and escalate it to all the team if the incident got no solution. The status page you can add is fully customizable as well, and you know how important it is to have a professional-looking status page. The best feature is you can receive a call on a phone number if an incident is occurring. Fantastic!

Cons

The thing I don't like is that you can't have a dashboard with the current status of every monitor you set up on more than one team. It's great that you can have an oversight view of a team's monitors, but if you have more than one team, you have to switch them to have a global view of the situation. The mobile app works fine for notifications but doesn't have any other feature, and it just lets you go to the web app dashboard through the mobile browser.

Rod

Industry: Writing and Editing

Best Server Management Software I've Used

Better Uptime is probably the best investment I've ever made for server management. You won't regret trying it out yourself so you can experience the reliability of their server downtime alerts.

Pros

I operate several websites and needed a tool that would alert me as quickly as possible when the server was down. Better Uptime does this job better than any other software I've used. It checks my websites every 30 seconds so I am always able to respond to issues very quickly.

Cons

For what I need the software to do, there isn't one negative comment I can say about Better Uptime.

Anthony

A must have!

No issues, great software, would highly recommend. We switched from UptimeRobot to this.

Pros

It independently monitors your site for any downtime and lets you know if/when it happens. It lets uses know the status and history of how reliable your service are.

Cons

There should be another tier for the costs for startups, very small businesses with less than 10 websites to check. The jump from free to paid is too much.

Because it was better!

Reasons for switching to Better Uptime

We tested better uptime after uptime robot and found it was much better!

Tair

Sleek and intuitive app with a rich feature set

Pros

BetterUptime is one of the best monitoring solutions I have used. It has a sleek and intuitive design, rich feature set, and good customization options. Especially love that you can create multiple, personalized status pages and easily associate with monitored services.

Anne

Industry: Publishing

Excellent Service for Downtime Alerts

Outstanding. If my site goes down or I get hacked, I lose money. I need to have a reliable service that can do monitoring for me. With Better Uptime, the site is checked every 3 minutes. And before the holidays, they sent me this outstanding t-shirt. It read git revert 2020.

Pros

I like the simple interface. It doesn't overwhelm you with too many options but still provides lots of integrations and functionality. For example, creating an alert based on URL or with keyword is a snap. I'm on the free tier and am very pleased with their service updates and weekly emails.

Cons

This is a nit, but the timezone shows as HDT. I don't see where I could change the timezone to one more appropriate. I prefer GMT or my local zone.

Reasons for switching to Better Uptime

Pingdom changed their offering.

Ruben

Industry: Online Media

Uptime monitoring made easy and fun

My experience with Better Uptime is nothing more than amazing. They created one of those products that 'simply works', I wish that all software could be this nice. Their customer support is quick, professional, and helpful. (thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN])

Pros

It is very easy to create monitors for webpages, in just a few clicks you are able to generate a simple monitor, but when needed you can use the advanced settings to create very specific monitors for your use case. Its also possible to check the heartbeat of your application by simply making a request to a custom generated URL. I was able to create a heartbeat monitor in just a minute to notify me when my importer program ever stops running. Finally, you're also able to create a status page. They made this, again, very simple and intuitive for a basic status page with enough options in the advanced settings for when you have more specific needs.

Cons

I have yet to find a real downside to this product.

Reasons for choosing Better Uptime

Better Uptime has a better UI/UX as well as a more extensive free plan.

Good results with Better Uptime

tracking website availability.

Pros

Easy to set up. I was able switch all websites being monitored over quickly and easily.

Cons

Been using Better Uptime for over 6 months, have not had any issues.

Reasons for switching to Better Uptime

was having issues, and was not as easy to use.