• Pros

• "On-call scheduling, reliable incident management."

• "Ease of deployment - sign in, add a URL and away you go. You can set the site to be monitored every 30 seconds if you wish which is a great feature for such a low priced tool."

• "Setup process is fairly easy. Add you sites and set time frequency to start uptime checks. "

• Cons

• "I would like to track other aspects like DNS changes. "

• "I tried to think of something, but there isn’t anything really. It’s just a reliable piece of software."

• "Nothing I can think of right know, it´s just great."

Browse Better Uptime Reviews

Devan from HR Partner Software Pty Ltd

One of the best site monitoring tools I have used.

My expectations were high, but this system completely blew them away. I was really surprised at how easy it was to set up. The reporting is great - not too much. Just enough to get the team working on the right resolution plan whenever something does go down or not look right.

Pros

Better Uptime was so simple and quick to set up. We had been using another good tool for many years, and I didn't think that this system would surpass that, but surpass it did. The reporting is so much better, the flexibility over the time periods for monitoring and configuration for checking systems with sign on walls was so much simpler and easier to set up that any other system I had come across. The 'on call' scheduler is also really cool and useful. No more midnight callouts for me when a server goes down because I can get other team members to take care of them without having to set on/off times. They have a rich set of integrations with a lot of communication and server management platforms, so I don't think you will run out of ways to be informed when a server goes offline. Really appreciate the way we can set up multiple status pages too - we have one for our customers, and one for our internal devops team to monitor non customer facing servers. Additionally, we actually save costs on TWO other services that we can retire, because Better Uptime has heartbeat monitoring as well. We haven't really used this part yet, but can't wait to try it out.

Cons

Not much to dislike at all. I would have loved a raw HTTPS Webhook for server incidents so we can tie it into our existing paging system, but their team have said this is coming so I can be patient.

Reasons for Switching to Better Uptime

Better monitoring intervals, reporting and integration.

James from InstantCard

A joy to use

I want to give my users comfort in the quality of my software - having a status page with Better Uptime means I can do that, and I've really enjoyed setting it up. I look forward to being a customer for many years.

Pros

It's so easy to use. It does one thing, and it does it well. Setting up my status page, and connecting it to a custom domain, took me less than five minutes. I haven't had to improve it since.

Cons

I honestly can't think of something I didn't like. I actually emailed the dev team to say well done because using it was so enjoyable!

Reasons for Choosing Better Uptime

Because Statuspage only allowed you to set up two metrics when getting started whereas BetterUptime offered three, which is actually what I was looking for.

Eva from Freelance

Just brilliant

Super easy to use, set up was done in no time. It's actually quite a powerful tool, does everything you need. I especially enjoy the UX, which feels much cleaner and straight forward - much better than uptime robot in that case. Also the free status page comes quite handy - the design again very nicely done!

Pros

Easy to use, great uptime robot alternative, love the UX

Cons

I would appreciate some more integrations, hopefully they will arrive soon.

Ankit from Double A (1991) Public Company Limited

Industry: Paper & Forest Products

The best investment for your website

Fantastic - from user experience to customer support.

Pros

Better Uptime is super simple to use and get started. The dashboard is easy to follow and just a neat tool in general. With Better Uptime, I make my website host accountable for my server's performance.

Cons

Nothing - I love it and has literally saved me money from my website's downtime.

Osama from NurulQuran

Easy, fast, and organized view of your servers

I am pleased with Better Uptime, and it is a very nice product. I highly recommend it.

Pros

I love the status page. It gives a bird's eye on all the servers. The free version is very generous with up to ten servers. I heard about their service on AppSumo. They regularly add new features to the monitor. Best of all is the ease of use and setting it up. It has an email, in-app messages, SMS, and phone call notifications. I woudl recommend Better Uptime over the competition because of the price and ease of use.

Cons

Response time across the regions is for the last 24 hours. I think it would be better to select a longer period.

Costs less than Pingdom.

Anthony from Deluxe Pixel Limited

A must have!

No issues, great software, would highly recommend. We switched from UptimeRobot to this.

Pros

It independently monitors your site for any downtime and lets you know if/when it happens. It lets uses know the status and history of how reliable your service are.

Cons

There should be another tier for the costs for startups, very small businesses with less than 10 websites to check. The jump from free to paid is too much.

Because it was better!

Reasons for Switching to Better Uptime

We tested better uptime after uptime robot and found it was much better!

Ruben from HackerDaily

Industry: Online Media

Uptime monitoring made easy and fun

My experience with Better Uptime is nothing more than amazing. They created one of those products that 'simply works', I wish that all software could be this nice. Their customer support is quick, professional, and helpful. (thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN])

Pros

It is very easy to create monitors for webpages, in just a few clicks you are able to generate a simple monitor, but when needed you can use the advanced settings to create very specific monitors for your use case. Its also possible to check the heartbeat of your application by simply making a request to a custom generated URL. I was able to create a heartbeat monitor in just a minute to notify me when my importer program ever stops running. Finally, you're also able to create a status page. They made this, again, very simple and intuitive for a basic status page with enough options in the advanced settings for when you have more specific needs.

Cons

I have yet to find a real downside to this product.

Reasons for Choosing Better Uptime

Better Uptime has a better UI/UX as well as a more extensive free plan.

John from Direct Market Results

Good results with Better Uptime

tracking website availability.

Pros

Easy to set up. I was able switch all websites being monitored over quickly and easily.

Cons

Been using Better Uptime for over 6 months, have not had any issues.

Reasons for Switching to Better Uptime

was having issues, and was not as easy to use.

Mathias from Protonmine

Best uptime software

Its one of the best uptime tools i've tried using

Pros

I love easy it is to use and it actually gives me near realtime updates on the free trial

Cons

I have not found anything that i don't like

Robbin from Vanimedia

Easy and better...

Pros

Easy to setup ;) and better than uptime robot.

Cons

Software in general; some learning curve, but very easy to implement.

Tair from Snipy

Sleek and intuitive app with a rich feature set

Pros

BetterUptime is one of the best monitoring solutions I have used. It has a sleek and intuitive design, rich feature set, and good customization options. Especially love that you can create multiple, personalized status pages and easily associate with monitored services.

Cons

Nothing really yet that I disliked, perhaps only automatic dark mode for status pages would be cool.

Ripal from arpDigital

Custom Status Pages are great

High quality product, and delivered what they promised on website

Pros

I got the unlimited monitors and status pages, and now i can monitor all my client websites and also send let them check the quality of hosting that i use (earlier i just use to say but now i can show them), and its all through Better Uptime. Great Product, Great Support.

Cons

I wish there was a way to integrate Google Sheet or download the Incidents or a way to download incidents so we can email our clients, if they are using some other host for their website, we might be able to move them around and increase our revenue

David from Joyce Software

Using Better Uptime to help my customers

Pros

I use it to get notified if my customers sites every go down.

Cons

I tried to get the android app working and couldn't

David from Freelance

Great alternative to Uptime robot

Pros

Cons

Its a fairly new company and there have been a couple of glitches, but nothing to stop me using it to its full potential - The error reporting has been 100% but i've had the odd site that didn't auto resolve the incident - I believe better uptime have now fixed that issue

Ease of use

Dominik from webiz eu s.r.o.

Reliable monitoring

Pros

It's super reliable and easy to set up!!

Cons

More monitors might be a bit pricy, but there is a free tear.

Abhi from Noblz

Best software to get notified if your website goes down

Pros

The best feature of better Uptime is that it check's if the text on the page has changed to see if website is down. Great to get immediatly notified if website gets hacked.

Cons

No cons that I can think of. Its one of the best Uptime monitoring software out there.

Martin from Zoomsphere

Very happy with the experience!

Pros

I was cautious at first, but Better Uptime surprised me in a really good way. It works very well and I could easily setup notifications for slack and email. I started using some features that I wasn’t looking for at first and they really made a lot of things easier for me. All in all, the service is very convenient and extremely polished for a company that hasn’t been around for long.

Simonas from NFQ

Very nice tool for monitoring

Pros

* Easy to use. * Free option * Mails as soon as site is down

Cons

Currently I'm using this tool alone, so I haven't tested all features yet. In a features that I've been using, haven't found any cons or things, that I do not like

A great product!

Pros

Very simple to use, very fair price, it sounds like a very good start to me! Being a marketer it's great to finaly have a tool that is actually easy to use.

Cons

Nothing I can think of right know, it´s just great.

Lucia from Medical Practice

Great monitoring service!

Pros

On-call scheduling, reliable incident management.

Cons

Nothing really. It hasn't disappointed me at anything yet.

Gets the job done

Very satisfied, would recommend it

Pros

It is very intuitive, prompt, and useful. Send notifications as soon as there is an issue with the site.

Cons

Nothing, for now, will see if something comes up after using it for a longer period of time.

Jorge Edel from veeme media

Track uptime in no time

Pros

Cons

I would like to track other aspects like DNS changes.

Alessandro from TELUS

Very easy to use and well priced

Pros

Was very easy to setup and customize. Free tier was very comprehensive and suited my needs for a small VPS server I use to host some small websites.

Cons

Would like if there was a way to get push notifications rather than just email or SMS alerts.