What are Cloudflare users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Cloudflare software through verified user reviews

• icon"Also it has some free tools/apps which you can integrate them inside your website without uploading or pasting files & codes."
  • icon"Both work wonders in improving your website speed, which Google rewards with better positioning, and customers reward with longer retention. The best part - basic features are free to use."
  • icon"Overall, my favorite feature are the email alerts for when a domain's nameservers no longer point to Cloudflare. That allows us to provide invaluable customer service for our own clients."
  • icon"Sometimes I come across websites that use Cloudflare, and when I see this error, it brings back bad memories."
  • icon"The analytics in Cloudflare is not satisfying as it does not show data in detail. Traffic records that the Cloudflare supply is very inadequate."
  • icon"Inability to change CDN IPs without removing the domain and adding it again."

Browse all Cloudflare Reviews

• Have you used Cloudflare and would like to share your experience with others?

Josh

Best CDN I know of!

Michelangelo

August 2022

Best CDN ever

The best CDN ever, really. I have nothing else to say.

Pros

I can only say positive things about Cloudflare: it is fast, very easy to set up, never gives problems, it helps you even when the site temporarily goes out of service, you do not need assistance because you already know that you will not have big problems. All this is free (unless you need some specific options that you will pay dearly)

Cons

I would have only two details to say: When you add the site in Cloudflare, he goes to scan all the possible subdomains and, if he receives the famous answer 200 (so that the page, and consequently the subdomain, exists) he will automatically add it. What does it mean? Some hosting always give a positive answer, even if the subdomain doesn't exist. In this case CF will create hundreds of non-existent DNS records to be deleted one by one (because it does not provide for bulk deletion) Second thing is that unfortunately it does not plan to have dedicated IPs, even in the high paying plans.

Marcius

September 2022

AUC - Always Use Cloudflare!

Cloudflare is a must have installation on any website these days to take advantage of the free SSL certificate, the free CDN, the free DDoS protection, the free Firewall, and the free caching of your website. It's not as complicated and as techie as some other stuff like Google's software, but it does require you to get your hands dirty if you want to optimize it better. However, even newbies should be fine since they have recommended options available. If you know how to change your website's DNS, then this shouldn't be too much of a struggle to setup Cloudflare for your website. You'll get the extra benefits of a better speed score.

Pros

The biggest feature is free SSL. Now search engines punish websites without an SSL certificate. Cloudflare solves this issue by issuing a free SSL. This is the number one reason you should be using Cloudflare for any website, no matter how small. Then there is the protection against attacks - good DDoS mitigation and good Firewall. Plus the extra anonymity since your website server IP will be masked by Cloudflare's server IPs. Then they have their own free content delivery network, which you should also take advantage of. And if your website gets bigger, you can either get their plan or just get Cloudflare's Automatic Platform Optimization (APO) for just 5 bucks - this is my preferred option for larger/more important sites. Cloudflare impacts your website performance and speed positively so there really is no reason not to use it with all your websites.

Cons

There isn't much I dislike about Cloudflare. But getting started is a bit tedious if you want to have more options than just getting the "recommended" options. It doesn't have the best information next to each feature to really comprehend what they do, so you'll need external help for those. The other thing, since it has it's own Wordpress plugin, it does interfere with Litespeed's Wordpress plugin - so they should make some integration for litespeed based servers so that you won't have to install both plugins to fully get the benefits of caching.

Reasons for switching to Cloudflare

BunnyCDN or bunny.net (rebranded) has better speed than Cloudflare, but with Cloudflare's APO now I mostly only use bunny's cdn for videos - since it gives me more options.

Chineke

Security for Website

I needed to secure my new website and stumbled upon Cloudflare after searching Capterra. Connecting my site to the platform was easy since they guided me virtually every step of the way. After a while of working well, I started receiving emails about my site being down, it came up after some time, and continued in that circle for a couple of days. I just had to disconnect my site from the platform, since it was just a company blog and left it like that.

Pros

It's a good thing that you can access some of their features for free and secure your website. Their regular feedback to my email is also very communicative of them. Navigating the website is also quite easy and the follow up each step of the way helps users interact quite seamlessly with the site

Cons

As much as we want protection for our sites, we also want the site to be accessible. My website started showing a "ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS" error, to which I contacted customer support, got a quick response but could not find a solution to my problem there.

Davide

Industry: Newspapers

June 2022

Outstanding service, with a plethora of ever-improving features

Cloudflare has been a great security and performance help for my website during the last two years (using a Pro account). The free one, in comparison with it being indeed free, is a steal: there are so many useful features that it’s difficult to mention them all, and they can cleverly be used to secure and power app even websites of web apps that are more than basic in their scope. The WAF is only included in the paid account, but again, considering the feature set and Cloudflare being a leading example in the industry, you get much more than what you pay for (YMMV depending on your specific abilities to configure it and your website or web apps and your very own needs)

Pros

Cloudflare has an interface which might seem intimidating at first but in truth is easy to navigate and with rich help tools. There are a plethora of functions focusing on security and speed, in general the basic ones are easy to understand and deploy in their basic form but you can dig in almost as much as you want if you fancy more advanced configuration for your specific use case. It always worked flawlessly- if well configured! Just pay attention to not make mistakes which can result in suboptimal performances

Cons

Nothing really, after the initial learning curve (which included assessing my own current and prospective needs, and preparing the groundwork of my website to make the integration work smoothly) I have been very pleased with its performances and with the frequently expanded feature set, informative emails and such. Maybe a more thorough help documentation immediately accessible from each feature page or more examples might help even more, as well as some sort of warning when you’re doing clearly stupid things that cannot have a likely reason (e.g.: you configure a firewall rule that nullifies all the others, or such)

Ganga

Industry: Writing and Editing

August 2022

Best guard for our website from DDoS and cyber threads.

It helps us to speed up and optimize our website for better performance. The service is available in multiple data centers across the globe, so websites and apps can be served via the nearest location to a user. They have a range of plans available starting from free all the way to enterprise-level plans. I have both their free and paid plans and I can say that I've seen a huge boost in the performance of my site ever since I started using them.

Pros

Cloudflare is a simple app that helps us to protect our website from DDoS attacks, cyber-threads, and other malicious activities.

Cons

Cloudflare makes it easy to deliver web pages faster, safer, and smarter. Everything a website needs to load fast, stay fast, and secure its visitors from online threats.

Kunal

Make Your Site Secure and Blazing Fast

My overall experience with Cloudflare is great. Have been using since last 5+ years. Since 2019 they have launched many more product offerings. I use their DNS, CDN, Firewall Rules, Access and Teams for my WordPress powered blog.

Pros

Offers an wonderful free plan. Easy to switch on/off features. Easy to migrate from other providers. Fastest DNS in the World. Firewall Rules to block certain URLs. Cloudflare Access and Teams to protect my WordPress Backend. Early adopters of new technologies like HTTP/2, HTTP/3, DoH, etc... Free DDoS protection. Hides your email id from bots. Know your site speed. Free Origin certificates.

Cons

Plans are based on features which is different than the industry. Less page rules for free plan. Don't like the captchas. Rate limit 404s and Bypass cache on cookie available only on Business plan.

Reasons for choosing Cloudflare

Main reason to choose Cloudflare was that they offered a free plan which no one in the industry is offering where you get DNS, CDN, Firewall Rules, Access and Teams, Privacy Focused Web Analytics, etc... I got fastest dns in the world plus good security features to protect my site. To save my server from crashing due to heavy load or attacks. Cloudflare is also one of the early implementer of technologies like SSL (HTTPS), HTTP/2, HTTP/3, DoH, eSNI, etc..

Reasons for switching to Cloudflare

Somewhat cheaper compared to others options.

Ken

Industry: Writing and Editing

September 2022

Exceptionally reliable and effective tool

Pros

Cloudflare offers a robust, free, basic platform that offers unparalleled website security and optimization. If you manage an online portfolio, singular website, or personal server, it's the perfect tool. It allows me to secure my system and it gives advice on how to optimize the loading speed and traffic loads.

Cons

I have no complaints with the software, it does exactly as promised, and if I expand my online portfolio I'll certainly upgrade to the paid option.

Nujan

September 2022

Really great Free CDN to go with.

Best Free CDN to get started with.

Pros

I'm using Cloudflare for more than 20 websites. It protects our websites from DDOS Attack and also It's CDN is exceptional considering it's FREE. The most liked feature of Cloudflare in seamless issuance of SSL Certificates with 0 billing.

Cons

UX I'd say because it's sometimes impossible to find some setting you're looking for. There are so many tabs and pages and branch links in the site non or less technical person really gets confused.

July 2022

My Cloudflare Review.

I had a great experience even though I used Cloudflare's free tier. Since my first setup, no significant issues have occurred.

Pros

I use Cloudflare as CDN and website security, and it works great. The Cloudflare dashboard supports dark mode too!

Cons

Multi-factor authentication is not available via SMS.

Simon

Industry: Broadcast Media

Cloudflare - A name you can trust for speed, security and a robust network!

Google searches have proven that if users don't see a webpage within 2 seconds of clicking a link, they never visit the website again. With Cloudflare, not only do users see my webpage within a second of clicking a link, they are also incentivized to look around and in doing so, find more content that they might be interested in. This has increased user retention for my website, while also helping sign up new users to the mailing list to keep an active pool of engaged users.

Pros

For anyone starting out in the world of web development, setting up and using a CDN can be a very daunting task. This is where Cloudflare comes in. With a streamlined setup process and straightforward controls, you will be set up and ready to go within minutes of signing up for an account. For 90% of users out there, the free version provides above and beyond what you will require from a CDN. With additional DDoS protection, a strong firewall and extremely fast caching, it takes your website from being about average to one of the best on the market. Some websites can experience load times that are anywhere between 2x and 10x faster.

Cons

Being limited to 3 page rules is one thing where Cloudflare feels like it could fall short on. 5 would've been a nice number. But if you can get a little technical with how URLs work in general, you can combine multiple rules into one, giving in essence more than 3 page rules.

Andrius

Industry: Food Production

September 2022

Cloudflare your servers to prevent from disasters

If the user or admin cares about the security of the data and wants to save some time securing the data, should set up the service.

Pros

While it is not completely free considering how much tha security of the servers can impact whole workflow it is worth to pay extra to sleep well

Cons

Creates extra time to load the website and/or check the browser.

Hashan

Industry: Animation

My Experience with Cloudflare

With cloudflare I was able to accelerate the speed of my website. I was also able to protect my website's data because cloudflare encrypted my data by a SSL certificate. And also I was able to grow my business with the help of cloudflare's analytical service.

Pros

Cloudflare is a web security flat form so I'm using it as the security provider for my website. The thing that I most like about Clouflare is the enhancement and acceleration of the speed of my website , at initially my website took more than 5 seconds to load but after I stated using Clouflare the loading speed increased to 1.2 seconds and it also helped me to grow my SEO. Another thing that I love about cloudflare is the web security provided by cloudflare, Cloudflare provided a SSL certificate to my website and encrypted my data and enhanced the security of my website. Because of this SSL certificate I was able to bring more clients into my website. So I can gladly clarify that the best web security provider is Clouflare. Clouflare is doing the best when we are coming to reporting/analytics. Cloudflare's Analytical service helps my business to grow more because it shows us the all details of the user activities on my website. so I love Cloudflare's analytical service.

Cons

In my experience I wasn't able to find any cons regarding cloudflare services because cloudflare team has developed cloudflare to the greatest point.

mohamed

Cloudflare Review

Pros

Stopping SPAM POSTS: Cloudflare reviews all communications and browsing processes that take place on your site .. If you suffer from the problem of annoying comments, you will find Cloudflare helps you greatly to reduce the volume of annoying comments .. while prohibiting the owners of annoying comments. Do not worry, as CloudFlare shows a CAPTCHA for the banned visits .. If the visitor is a human, he will write the code required of him, and if not, he will continue to block it .. Thus, Cloudflare guarantees you better protection while also ensuring the access of visitors. Increase browsing speed: Of course, if the Cloudflare reduces the loads on your site by blocking non-human visits and then distributing the cache copy of your site on several CDN servers in the world, that will make your site faster

Cons

While it speeds up your website, it will sometimes add a second loading screen for security verification purposes. This may cause some delay, and users may have to wait a few seconds and sometimes it can also display a CAPTCHA page asking users to prove that they are human.

Aqeel

Good Content Delivery Network

Pros

It's easy to deploy and DNS management is also easy.

Cons

It's expensive and my website speed hasn't improved much.

Muddassar

Protect and Secure Your Website

I have attached my domains with Cloudflare. I have seen a very clear difference in the performance of my sites. I am very satisfied.

Pros

If you want to secure and protect your websites, then Cloudflare is the best option for you. Because this platform will allow you to add multiple domains to the dashboard. Your websites security perfomance will be better.

Cons

All options including clearing cache and other features are outstanding without cons, issues and negative points.

Nadish

March 2022

One of the best website security and CDN service

Well it's along story, I found CloudFlare while I was searching for Free CDN service for website. I was analyzing one of my website through GTMetrix and found one recommendation to use CDN. I knew that CDN is a costly service, atleast at costly as my monthly hosting service, so I searched for Free CDN service and luckily found CloudFlare. I explored it on my own and slowly and gradually I got total command on CloudFlare. Now I integrate each of my website's website with CloudFlare in order to hide the nameservers + adding security and preventing from DDoS attacks hence enhancing loading speed and overall performance of my website.

Pros

Who doesn't love to have something as wonderful as CloudFlare for FREE? To be honest, I'm using CloudFlare since more than 3 years now and still using the free version because it covers all my CDN and website security needs. :) The other thing that I cannot ignore or even miss is the Free SSL by cloudflare for 15 years, isn't it amazing? :) I know that there're other free SSL services available on internet also, but I totally trust on CloudFlare so I always use free SSL by CloudFlare. It's really easy to install and has multiple options for the encryption like flexible, full and full restrict. And at last but not least, how can I forget or ignore the Speed Optimization features of CloudFlare :) The auto minify feature for JavaScript, CSS and HTML can be switched on or off independently so that you can never break your website. And the options like Brotli, Optimized Delivery and Rocket Loader is like cherry on top of the cake. :)

Cons

Well, nothing. I'm truly satisfied with the results, so there's nothing that I can say that I like least about CloudFlare.

CDN, Internal Network Security, WAF. Cloudflare does it all

My overall experience with Cloudflare has been amazing. While their support can be frustrating at times with making you go around in circles understanding the issue, in the end, they get things solved, and will often pass you up the chain to their Tier 2 support to have a personal connection to try and get things sorted.

Pros

When we first used Cloudflare as our CDN, we discovered brilliance. Finally a CDN for everyone, with a freemium model to get your services round the globe at a fraction of the cost of everyone else. Be careful though, once you're in this freemium model, you're soon diving deep into all of their features where you're MORE than happy to hand over the money. From Network and Device security in Cloudflare for Teams to WAFs, easy to use page rules, Tunnelling, and optimisations for delivery across the network, you're soon using it all and using it all without the need for large IT teams to get it set up.

Cons

A few downsides, which are all related, is somethings things aren't quite working and you're not sure why. It seems the features of the system grew massively and more quickly than they were expecting and their UI and UX didn't keep up. Once you get on the chat and they explain what's going on, it's easy to fix, however for the moment, it can be confusing to try and figure it out yourself.

Reasons for choosing Cloudflare

We chose Cloudflare purely on price, and we've not really looked back

An excellent CDN provider with a freemium model

All in alll a very solid experience. It has been ages that I have even considered searching for an alternative because I never had to.

Pros

I am an absolute fan of Cloudflare because of a few reasons. They offer so much in their freemium plan that it seems too good to be true and to me honestly that has been their best selling point. Love their service and their network. The setup for the CDN is pretty simple. The onboarding process and adding the website are pretty simple and intuitive. They have only improved their service over the past couple of years.They have direct integrations with third-party providers like cPanel so at times adding a website is just as simple as a single click which is awesome.

Cons

Their support has not been the fastest in terms of turnaround times but due to covid and all, I think we can definitely cut them some slack in that department.

Reasons for switching to Cloudflare

Pricing and existing third-party integrations available with Cloudflare were a major reason for the switch.

Zohaib

Best protection with SSL Certificate

Cloudflare is now a compulsory part of my workflow. I add all of the websites which come under my management to a Cloudflare plan because I want my websites to load fast, get secure, and be trusted everywhere.

Pros

I have been using Cloudflare for my and my clients' websites for over 3 years now and I must say signing up for Cloudflare was one of the best parts of my career. It is super easy to add a site to its free plan and then forget the rest, Cloudflare will take care of everything by itself. It protects websites from multiple threats and attacks like Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) plus it saves the cost to buy an SSL certificate (HTTPS) for your website by implementing its own SSL certificate which is trusted worldwide and does not need any renewal or configuration. Above all, my all websites are now pretty optimized in terms of speed and loading time, thanks to Cloudflare's smart geographical web servers network which enables the visitors to have my websites load from their nearest Cloudflare data center. It means that it does not matter where a website's hosting server physically is, Cloudflare clones the website files to each of its servers around the world making browsers load the website faster all over the world. Yes, Cloudflare starts doing this right after a website gets added to its plan.

Cons

Cloudflare should add some more options for account management like adding phone numbers, changing passwords right from the account settings.

Nearly every single site we set up gets run through CloudFlare because of it's security and control.

It's great knowing CloudFlare is protecting our site from DDOS attacks. Their caching features make pages load incredibly fast, and their javascript CDN makes our sites load even faster still. The instantly updated DNS settings eliminates any downtime, meaning our users never even notice the switch.

Pros

Once the nameservers are set up at the registrar to point to CloudFlare, DNS changes within CloudFlare are instantaneous. This is a huge deal when moving from one server to another. Having built-in SSL is another great way to provide peace of mind to our visitors. By essentially acting as a reverse proxy, it keeps our servers' IP addresses hidden from would-be attackers. Their bot and DDOS detection is legendary and their basic analytics are surprisingly helpful. A CloudFlare hosted CDN, cdnjs.com, has countless globally hosted scripts that make site building not only easier, but it also ensures the end results performs incredibly well. It's been years since I've set up a site that didn't have some CloudFlare feature built in.

Cons

I haven't had any luck with some of their automatic HTML/JS optimization features that involve rewriting the code. I can see how they would speed up page load, but I've often found they've broken my site. I don't really need that feature, so I'm not missing out, but if you're going to give it a try, make sure you test thoroughly, as you should be with any change made to a public server ;)

Matt

September 2022

Cloudflare is the best DNS proxy there is.

I love Cloudflare and every issue I have found has been amendable in one way or another, for this reason my overall experience has been amazing!

Pros

Cloudflare offers such a large range of tools, it is so useful for all websites. Load balancing to SSL, they really do have all I have ever needed. The ability to manage the DNS for all of my domains from one place has always been extremely useful. Their proxy functions to enable always HTTPS and SSL security certificates allows me to ensure that my website never displays as anything other than a secure padlock in the address bar. The ability to use workers to run serverless functions is another powerful tool available to all users which I simply cannot get enough of, it's so powerful! Email forwarding options allow me to have my email address on a branded domain while avoiding the costs of resource heavy email inboxes. Cloudflare's newly released registrar is empowering to me and so many other businesses, being able to register domains at cost price allows me to save money every time I register a domain and better protect my branding.

Cons

Unfortunately Cloudflare does have it's negatives, but everything does. It's disappointing that there is not a way to reverse the email forwarding back by sending a response through the forwarder to use the branded address, although I am aware there are workarounds for this. The error pages for server errors and suspicious activity also often aren't the best looking but they are functional nonetheless.

Great platform to optimize website security and speed.

With hacking and phishing scams becoming a major issue around the world, you can secure your website with very little effort and cost. If you have a webhost which lacks security, signing up with Cloudlfare for free is a no-brainer.

Pros

Getting a website working with Cloudflare is as simple as changing your website's nameservers and selecting what level of security you'd like. Complete site transition can be done in less than an hour. The free plan is truly 100% free with no expiration.

Cons

Sometimes the firewall can be inconsistent/too aggressive when it comes to filtering traffic. Occasionally we get a user who said they were unable to access our website. Another separate but small con is that while you can transfer your domain names to Cloudflare at a near-wholesale cost, you cannot register new domains directly.

Reasons for choosing Cloudflare

We never ended up trying Fastly because Cloudflare offered everything we needed at no cost.

Pedro

great resource for website security

I actually use the tool on my websites, and since I set it up on my domains, I haven't had any problems with proxies or firewalls or anything like that. Mus sites are working perfectly and all with SSL up to date and secure. And until today I haven't had to pay for a plan, however... it's something I'm thinking about doing out of reciprocity and to increase my resources. The fast acting ability of cloudflare is very good. Quality of this tool in providing great usability features for me has made me feel secure in relation to my sites.

Pros

I've seen fast tools in my life, but cloudflare is to be congratulated, after I changed the old DNS of my sites to Cloudflare, I didn't have any more problems with my sites crashing, they were always down. I receive constant messages to improve my sites, in case of attacks I can activate an extra java script security against hackers and other network invaders. And the sites were much faster to access. I don't pay anything to use the tool and I still have exclusive resources to analyze my domains. Like for example analyzing the size of the traffic I am developing.

Cons

I have no cons to mention here, just an addendum, about support, if you need help, you will only have questions already asked by other people and answered by cloudflare. However, if you really need to talk to an expert, it is no longer possible with a free plan. At least I never did. But that's no reason to attack the company and tool, it's more than useful to be able to use it for free. So, for the rest I have nothing to complain about the tool. It's amazing.

Jay

Massive gains with little effort or cost

Cloudflare can be categorized as an easy win. We have been using Cloudflare exclusively for almost all of our agency's clients for several years and cannot recommend them enough. It can be setup in under 30min and provide measurable results and improvements to a domain's performance and security immediately. * More performant and cost effective than Google Cloud, or Amazon AWS offerings. * Ranks #1 on DNSPerf.io * Winner of Network World's "Managed DNS Shootout" The most consistent barrier to adoption for a client is usually the client's I.T. department with arguments along the lines of "GoDaddy's nameservers are good enough.", fears of a product they don't have personal experience with, or a fear of giving up total control of DNS.

Pros

* Extremely easy to use * Performant * Extremely generous free tier * Security * UAC * Effortless SSL * Effortless CDN * Overall better UX

Cons

* Support is via a ticketing system and can be slow when you're utilizing their free plan.

Performance, Reliability, Security options, Ease of use