• icon"Very easy to use and I love how all of the information is in one place."
  • icon"Team is very available when we need help. Customization level of the alerts, filtering and more is high."
  • icon"It is relatively easy to use. It is informative and does help with chargebacks."
  • icon"We see often people with absolutely no links to fraud orders suddenly have a false positive and be denied. This can lead to additional emails or calls to our phone/email staff."
  • icon"In the very beginning of using Kount we were seeing either a lot of falsely identified fraudulent orders or we were seeing almost no flags."

All Kount Reviews

Marimay

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Highly Recommended

A lot of fraud and unauthorized transactions were captured. And helps minimized the losses of our company due to fraud transactions. Big thanks to Kount

Pros

Kount gives us the details and options to identify fraud, specially in online purchases. It's very risky for us merchant to approve all transactions. When I was a fraud agent way back 2014 we did manual fraud check that's very tragic and difficult. When Kount was introduced to us it makes our work a lot better and easier. All information was already given all we have to do is to study how Kount works and I was really impress about the details and features.

Cons

So far working with kount is easy. I hope someday Kount will upgrade into more specific details specially under card name matching with bank record. I know it's really hard to do that because of the wide coverage of all the bank systems all over the world, but someday Kount will and can. :-)

Great tool for fraud risk management

Kount has help us to reduce the fraud rate and the amount of manual work of agents do analyzing transactions

Pros

This tool was presented to us by one of customers as they were using it already for a while and wanted to continue. At the beginning I was a bit skeptical as many fraud management tools are slow, or difficult to read. As soon as we started using the program, it became one of favorites: it was very easy to learn to use it and it showed the right amount of information on the dashboard. Kount not only gives you the usual information (location, attempts, score) but you also see all the linked transactions by different parameters (email, address, ip and device layers) which are great to catch the transactions from the bad guys. Agents can easily blacklist the information regarding suspected transactions without leaving the dashboard. The rule set creations options are very flexible and you can split them according to merchant, markets and they can be modify or deactivated in just a few clicks. Customer services are very helpful and quick to answer the enquirers.

Cons

The only thing I would improve is the reporting part as I find it a it basic, I would like to have more options that will help me to segment the data or get more information about the orders that pass through Kount

Robyn

Kount Pros & Cons

We found that Kount was not as relevant in our industry as other fraud tools that are more geared toward the travel industry. I'm sure it works well for industries selling goods, however it didn't work well for us. Overall, our agents were at times confused, and most often not able to use Kount in their decision making process.

Pros

The ease of integration of the API was good. I also like that you can read where the device is, versus what IP they're using

Cons

There's a lot of conflicting information in the results, thus not helping us in our decision for fraud. I've not been able to turn in on live onto the front end of our website, because it has falsely identified bookings as highly suspect of fraud, when they are past customers. We were being advised a credit card was issued on a U.S. bank when we knew the BIN number was a Canadian Bank issued card. We also had difficulty making a decision when the Persona was high and the safety rating was high as well. Our agents (end users) really struggled with using it to help make a decision about a fraudulent purchase. Sorry, not likely what you wanted to hear.

Response from Kount

Hi Robyn, We are sorry to hear that you are struggling with scores and ratings - Rudy M. from our client success team will be reaching out to help. Rudy and everyone at Kount are committed to making this a great success story for you! Thank you for reviewing Kount!

Replied December 2018

Zach

Great fraud control software

Kount's support team has been great as have anyone I've spoken to there. Very professional. Well written Magento extension.

Pros

Kount has a highly customizable fraud rule set that includes things like credit card number (For blacklisting people who chargeback), geographic information (I.E. address attributes), email addresses, among others. Kount worked pretty much out of the box with our platform with limited modification to work with our payment gateway and limited modifications to our workflow. The web portal is also very easy to use, it creates few if any questions addressed to our tech team.

Cons

I didn't have any problems with the software. So no real cons.

Easy to Integrate and Maintain!

With KOUNT, we finally have visibility over our approval rate, which nears 80% each month on average, with less than 1% of orders going into auto decline status. KOUNT allows for cross-departmental collaboration and communication in order to prevent fraud. The business rules management feature is critical to our business in order to control what transactions we want to review or approve, and it allows our business to react quickly to changes that are required throughout the process. KOUNT has proven itself to be an invaluable business partner for our organization.

Pros

KOUNT has a rigorous production readiness certification for the initial implementation to ensure that the environment is setup and working as expected. Once the solution is live, it is very easy to configure and maintain. It allows the IT department to focus on technical implementation specifics while the finance department can focus on implementing appropriate business rules for managing transactions. Our support contact seems to always be available, and watches over our account for ways to improve and save costs.

Cons

The khash implementation is a bit complicated, but we managed to figure it out. Creating business rules can be intimidating for someone who is not used to a very detailed interface. Additionally, creating reports takes a bit of practice, but once you get the hang of it, it becomes easier.

Will

The more the merrier!

Excellent! The integration with Braintree is flawless and the cost per transaction is very low, when you compare to the cost of a chargeback (which can be hard to win).

Pros

It works. This software has helped save us hundreds of thousands of dollars. Our e commerce business was at a loss for what to do to screen out stollen cards.

Cons

If you don't use Braintree (which we now use) as your merchant processor, Kount can be difficult to initially set up.

Reasons for choosing Kount

This is a true prevention method, not an insurance. Insurance based solutions are ultimately more expensive as your company grows.

Georgi

Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Great Job

I am using Kount since 2015 and during this time all can say that software is with perfect device fingerprint. It is really important for the business which our company preform !

Pros

Easy to use , friendly interface, Strong fingerprint layer structure

Cons

Some data storing which get lost after 14 days, if it's not reviewed.

Terry

Kount Integration

Pros

Quick integration, Customer UI (portal) is very intuitive, we can add our own user defined fields so that we can easily track data according to our business model.

Cons

You cannot easily download all the linked order via a single click

Exceptional Fraud Tool

Kount has allowed us to manage our e-commerce fraud in a much better way than our previous manual review procedure. Chargebacks dropped significantly as we are looking at orders that we should be looking at and passing through those that do not pose a risk. We are very pleased with the investment and relationship with Kount.

Pros

The software is user friendly. The data available on the user screen is detailed for the seasoned agent and simple enough for a novice to decision an order.

Cons

At this time, I cannot say that there is anything that I do not like.

Great product at a Great price!

Kount has been a great addition to our company for catching potential fraud while reducing the amount of time our customer service team has to spend on manually researching/reviewing possible fraud orders.

Pros

The amount of features we get for the price is great. We use Kount on all web related applications we build and our customer service team loves using it.

Cons

Sometimes finding the information in the newer support portal is challenging, but once you reach out to support they are very helpful.

MINDY

Enjoy using to help prevent fraud

I have been able to determine bad versus good orders using the risk evaluation Kount provides. I have been able to stop bot orders from processing through our system while using Kount. I have been able to catch fraud by flagging risky info to decline because of Kount.

Pros

I like the fraud control functionality. There are options to create specific rules such as flagging skues and IP addresses to decline when triggering for an order. I can also create VIP lists for emails so that orders using certain domains are automatically approved. There are other options for rule management and VIP lists like device IDS, payment, addresses, etc and they can be set to decline, review, or approve based on my needs. This not only helps prevent fraud, but it also keeps good orders from being put on hold. I also like the Link Analysis and VIP Summary functions. Link Analysis is where I can see other orders that were placed using the same info like email, device ID, billing and shipping address, phone number, payment, and IP. VIP summary is where I can quickly decline or approve an email or address for a specific transaction. The Web Links is a nice feature as well. It allows me to keep web tools I use daily for confirming identity and managing chargebacks in one area of the Kount console.

Cons

When I do an order search, I need specific info like the order number, email, payment, etc. Since I am unable to search for a transaction with a specific dollar amount, I have to select a date and go through the entire list of orders to find what I am looking for. The reason for the search is to find a fraud order that I do not have the specific details for and the dollar amount is all I have. I usually find it, but it takes more time.

Frances

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Feedback

We have significantly cut down on manual reviews and are able to make quicker decisions on orders for review based on scoring output and VIP flags

Pros

The capability to flag customer information on confirmed fraud orders has been paramount in mitigating future fraud

Cons

I would like the ability to flag a billing phone number and I would like the AWC to show the billing and shipping address for each order. This would be a huge help for my industry/order patterns

Response from Kount

Good morning Frances and thank you for the review - happy to hear your success with cutting down manual reviews and speeding up the decision making process! Regarding flagging the billing phone number, I see your client success manager saw this review and responded with how to do this. Very best, Kount

Replied January 2019

Moryna

Fraud control

Pros

Linked orders feature when reviewing orders has been very helpful in identifying other suspicious orders. Being able to flag payment token, addresses etc for decline from the order with just a few clicks is also quite helpful.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to use the Boost technology/safety rating score as a review rule not just persona score.

Response from Kount

Thank you for the review Moryna ¿ we are happy to hear that linked orders and flagging various data points are helpful features. We think that you will be happy to hear that you are able to use the Boost Safety Rating (our supervised machine learning technology). We will have your client success manager Erin C. reach out to schedule a review on this.

Replied January 2019

Christian

One of the best fraud detection tools in the industry

Excellent. I love Kount. I have been working in Fraud Detection and Analysis for over 10 years and I have used, reviewed, and I'm familiar with almost all the softwares out there and I must say that Kount stands out to me as one of the best, if not the best anti fraud tool in the entire industry.

Pros

Response time. Customization options. Amount of information available at first glance.

Cons

The only parts that I would like to see improve a little more would be Datamart (for reporting/reviewing) and Rules creation. They are actually good already but there is still room for improvement.

Amanda

Kount

Use Kount daily and have had no issues with the website. Works great.

Pros

Kount is a great tool to use for fraud checks. I review transactions on a daily basis to determine whether they are fraudulent or not. Kount summarizes consumer data to determine whether the customer is who they say they are. It links well with our other systems as well.

Cons

There is a learning curve if you have not used previously but the system is great otherwise. If you are a financial institution, highly suggest.

Kount Has Saved Us Money

Kount has drastically reduced the amount of manual oversight required by our order processing team. Kount will find and flag orders that it suspects are fraudulent and most of the time it is correct. It basically works as a spam folder for our order processing team. We love Kount.

Pros

Kount does exactly what we want it to do. It flags fraud and potentially fraudulent orders. Our order processing team can then quickly check them and take the correct action. This has reduced the number of chargebacks and calls to customers to confirm order details.

Cons

In the very beginning of using Kount we were seeing either a lot of falsely identified fraudulent orders or we were seeing almost no flags. It seemed to take a little longer than we were expecting it to before Kount really started to "learn" which orders were legit or not.

Shelly